Back to Europe 1430
Scandinavia invades Denmark and captures Skagens Odde, they sign a white peace with the Bohemian/French Alliance, but keep up their war on their weaker neighbor. They begin to fortify the island.
With Bohemian forces fighting the Prussians in the north, Lithuania and Poland invade, and take much of the south.
Realizing that if Genoa and her allies win, it would mean that their independence would be threatened, Greece and Albania declare war on the Hussites. Bulgaria, attracted by the relatively empty land to the north, does as well. They both advance well into Hungarian territory.
For much of the same reasons as Greece and Albania, the small Turkish states declare war on the Hussites, and defeat the main Genoan fleet, with help from Milanise and IR ships.
The Croats declare independence from Hungary and Bohemia, as do the Serbs. They create federal republics, much like Switzerland's.
-Croatia has been the major port of Bohemia for like 150 years, which would have changed the cultural makeup of the area, plus the Bohemian unity reforms have increased Bohemian nationalism. Plus the Hussites are at war with Genoa, making half of this post nonsense.
Then why did Croatia split off from Austria-Hungary OTL after the same time period? (I know that they just switched allegiances to Yugoslavia OTL, but tantamount to the same thing) Plus, most of their land is formerly Hungary's. Look at the map. And Genoa is a puppet state of France, and France is on the Hussite side. The Hussites are at war with Milan and the IR, and thats how the entire war started.
Milan is the french puppet, the Italian Republic is a member of the Hussite league, read 1610.
Habsburg sends troops down to the Americas to take back their territories, and gives their troops orders to kill and Italians they can fine, whether in their colonies or not.
- New Germania surrenders.
- Bohemia and Prussia declare a white peace, Prussia pulls out of the war, allowing Bohemian troops to storm southward where they along with the majority of the population in croatia, put down the Croat rebellion.
- With its Bohemian allies again backing them, Hungary negotiates peace with Albania and Greece, who mistook them for allies of Genoa.
- With Habsburg pulling troops from Europe and Prussia pulling out of the war, the Hanseatics, Hesse, and Wurzburg put them on the defensive again.
- Hanseatic ships sink many of the troop transports before they reach the new world and those that land are too few to do more than entrench and maintain the Habsburg lands.
- With the Habsburg order to kill Italians, its Italian allies abandon it.
- France begins an invasion of Habsburg.
- Scandinavia negotiates a peace with Denmark, and they receive Skagens Odde. they begin to fortify it.
Habsburg surrenders to the invaders, they get to keep their land in Europe and North Africa, but their colonies in the Americas are given away.
Skagens Odde is completely fortified, and the Scandinavians begin to build a fleet specifically for defense of the Skaggerak/Kattegat.
- With Habsburg out of the war, Milan and the Italian Republic manage to unify northern Italy. The Kingdom of Italy is established, a constitutional monarchy with a full representative parliament. Peace comes to Europe.
- The Italian republics of North America, not wanting to force their will on the Habsburgian colonists like Habsburg and New Germania did on them, negotiate the establishment of the Commonwealth of Amerika. An independent Commonwealth maintaining the Habsburg King as head of state, but with the full power of the nation being the Amerikan parliament.
- Bohemia, inspired by this releases the Italian caribbean islands captured as the Caribbean Commonwealth, fully independent with the King of Bohemia as head of state.
- Scandinavian engineers begin experimenting with steam powered pumps for mine shafts.
With their colonial dreams in the Americas mostly gone, Habsburg sets up multiple colonies in West and East Africa.
Scandinavia sets up a "Spartan Democracy" (Read: Starship Troopers), and reorganize the 13 duchies into ten counties. Each county has a Duke-General, who is required to serve in the military for 15 years, and must have distinguished themselves in command and battle. They are elected by the general populace (all citizens, including women, over 15). The king also creates a Lord-General position, much like the Shoguns of Japan, but with purely military powers. The first actual constitution in all of Europe is passed, and includes all the rights guaranteed in the bill of rights of OTL US. All citizens (men and women) are required to have unarmed combat and knife training from the ages of 10-20, two days a week, except during planting and harvesting season. Conscription for men ages 15-20 in required.
- Bohemia releases the Commonwealth of Lithuania, and the Dominion of Poland as independent commonwealth realms with the King of Bohemia as the head of state, but with the local parliament exercising executive power.
- Bohemia purchases the Falkland Islands from France in order to establish a waystation to the Pacific. They then establish a colony on the west cost of North America.
- Bohemia establishes a colony on the Cape of Good Hope, in order to springboard attempts to compete with Spain in Asia.
- France establishes a colony in West Africa.
- Japanese colonists establish themselves in the Hawaiian islands.
- The Kings of the Asatru Nation, unable to share power any longer split their nations again. Though the Asatru union continues as a political and economic alliance.
- The King of Midgard and Queen of Thorgard marry, uniting the kingdoms.
- The rebels seize power in North Africa, and negotiations begin with the Federal Government in Lisbon over a second peaceful secession.
- The Hussite League realms meet in Marseille to discuss the future of the Alliance. With the Kingdom of Italy being split between Hussite and Roman Catholic, and Catholic France and Hanseatic Republic showing interest in joining, the Hussite league name is scrapped. A new treaty is established, the Pact of Marseille is signed, a mutual defensive pact between France, Hesse, Italy, Wurzburg, Bohemia, Hungary, the Dominion of Poland, Commonwealth of Lithuania, New West Venice, Caribbean Commonwealth, and the Hanseatic Republic. The Pact requires the signatories to come to the aid of other signatories in the case of acts of aggression towards them.
- The Bishop of Toledo and the Bishop of Rome meet in Sardinia to discuss the reunification of the church. One of the possibilites is unification under a Pentarchate, with a council made up of the Bishops of Rome, Toledo, Jerusalem, Damascus, and Alexandria making the executive decisions for the church rather than a single Pope.
- Habsburg once again invades Algeria, this time their navy is able to capture many main port cities, their overall plan is to set up a series of lines on their maps which serve as goal that armies must achieve in months.
- Scandinavia expands it's navy, refortifies Skagens Odde, and joins the Marseille Pact. However, it is still allied with Livonia, Muscovy, Navarre, and Switzerland.
The Kingdom of Italy Buys Istria from Bohemia.
Bulgaria and Wallachia Go to war over a trade dispute. Wallachia makes early gains.
The Japanese Colonists face stiffer then expected restince from the natives, who force them off and establish The Kingdom of Hawaii.
Muscovian Ships land in northen Alaska and set up an outpost.
Habsburg forces move in on Algeria, taking Algiers and pushing south into the Sahara desert.
- Unable to make payments due to the costs of reconstruction following the 2nd War of Italy, and due to heavy Bohemian nationalism in Istria, Italy is forced to return Istria to Bohemia.
- Greece sides with Wallachia against Bulgaria, wanting to "liberate" the Greek lands along the Aegean.
- Hungary sides with Wallachia seeking vengeance for the sneak attack during the 2nd War of Italy.
- Due to the incredible distance between the Muscovian empire and their Alaskan outpost (Russia hasn't expanded to pacific coast in this TL), the Alaskan Russians are forced to seek aid from the British for food and supplies. This stagnates the colony's growth.
As Hapsburg is in a similar situation as Italy, they sell Tangiers to Portugal, in order to keep expanding into Algeria.
Midgard and Norgard go to war on Norway after the King and his family, as well as many prominent nobles and merchants convert to Hussitism. The Marseille Pact prepares for war on the Asatru to protect it's newfound adherants.
Great Britain gets observer status in the Marseille Pact.
The Anatolian Alliance declares war (again) on the Sassanids, in order to make sure Zorostrianism isn't a threat to Islam or Christianity. Most christian and muslim denominations support this, and the Pope and the Patriarch both issue statements of approval.
Since maps carry over into other years onscreen, could everybody put the date on the maps that they post, so we know what we're looking at.
- Trebizond, Georgia, and Kurdistan make some gains on the Sassanids
- The Marseille Pact decides to stay out of the affairs of the Norsemen. Norway was not a signatory of the pact, and pressure from the catholic nations in the Pact keeps the hussite nations out of it.
- Midgard takes Oslo, and Norgard makes large gains in the sparsely populated north. The armies are joined by much of Asatru populace and most of the Nobles.
- Greece, Hungary, and Wallachia reach peace with Bulgaria.
- Albania, wanting to avoid war with Greece for the same reasons they went to war with Bulgaria, sells their Greek lands.
- The attacks by Habsburg galvanize the Berber people behind the Sultan of Algeria, and using the modern weapons reverse engineered from those obtained from North Africa decades before, push the Habsburgians out of Algeria. Angora sends word of friendship from one oasis of Islam to another.
- Habsburg also signs on as an observer for the Marseilles Pact.
Scandinavia and Denmark take matters into their own hands, with Scandinavia taking the lightly defended north of Norgard (with most of the Scandinavian troops still in defensive positions to resist any counterattack), while Denmark takes Scania. Wurzburg and Bohemia, and, to a lesser extent, Hesse and Italy, send volunteer corps into Norway, and beat back much of the Midgard troops. Olso is still held by the Asatru. Livonian troops, upholding their alliance with Scandinavia, take Oland and Gotland. The new Scandinavian policy of training all in close combat is successful, and drives off several large raids by the Asatru.
The members of the Marseilles Pact decide that a city should be decided on that will be the center the pacts trade and diplomatic relations, after much considerations they decide on Habsurg's capital of Cologne, Habsburg agrees to their decision, knowing it will create large amounts of wealth for the state.
To circumvent the tariffs placed on ships passing through the Pillars by Spain, the Marseilles Pact begins construction of a canal linking the San and the Dnepr, enabling trade to pass through from the Baltic to the Black sea. It is estimated to be finished in app.10 years. Ukraine gains observer status in the MP.
France is drawing up plans to invade Great Britain. France figures that is they conquer Britain, the would establish a foothold in North America and great control in South America.
Scandinavia makes peace with Norgard and Mitgard, as does Livonia. Scandinavia gets a passage to the Atlantic, Livonia is forced to give back Oland, but manages to release Gotland as a vassal state. Denmark gets Scania, and Norway keeps all it's original territories.
Great Britain and Ukraine are given full membership in the MP.
Prince Haakon of Scandinavia marries Annabeth of Britain sealing an alliance between the two nations. King Karl VII of Scandinavia also allows the Lord-General to be elected by any veteran of Scandinavia.
As Cologne becomes the center of the MP, Habsburg is given full membership to the MP.
- Great Britain, seeing how well Scandinavia has done out of the idea of full democracy decide to hand more power to the people. Not as far as the Scandinavians. The Councils in charge of each province are to be made up of people elected from the populace of all genders over the age of 20 and own at least some land. The will be a Chancellor for each Council who will be elected by those on the Council. These Chancellors will then meet in London where they will discuss matters with the King or Queen, lead by a High Chancellor.
The Armed Forces are updated and re-organised. Private armies are banned putting sole military power in the hands of government. The Army is re-organised into the Grand Legions.
- Portugal and North Africa split. Portugal agrees to let North Africa take control of all existing Portuguese colonies in Africa.
- France starts building up its armed forces in preparation for the war in Britain.
- ^^^^^Why the hell would this happen, they are all members of the MP!!!? PS 200 YEARS!!!! YEA BOYZ!!!^^^^
- British Territories in South America become Provinces.
- Great Britain establishes a number of way stations along the Alaskan coast to make shipments of food and other resources to the Muscovite colony easier. They sign a treaty agreeing not to encroach on any Bohemian or Muscovite claims.
- Japan sends a more heavily armed task force to Hawaii and establish Japanese dominance over the islands once more.
Great Britain finds out about the invasion plans, and takes it up with the MP. France agrees to stand down. Still, even with the MP's support, Britain begins building coastal forts all along the coast.
Habsburg is now one of the richest countries in Europe after Cologne becomes the major trading center of the MP, the governments of Brunswick and Hesse become jealous of Habsburg's wealth as their country's are growing weaker and their people are starving as most of the trade that used to to be conducted with them is now conducted with Habsburg.
Britain, as well as Muscovy and Prussia, invest large amounts of money into the San-Dnestr canal, speeding up the construction. It is estimated to be finished in 3 years.
The Anatolian Alliance advances further into the Sassanids, and signs a peace.
Hesse and Brunswick mobilize their armies and invade Habsburg, though the Habsburg army is able to keep them with just miles of the border. Upon Habsburg's insistence the MP and the rest of the countries of Europe declare their neutrality in the war.
Due to rumors that Hapsburg secretly started the war in order to take it's two longtime enemies without interference from the MP, Scandinavia, Great Britain, the two Lithuanias, and the Swiss send volunteer forces almost exclusively made up of veterans and recently discharged soldiers to help Brunswick and Hesse. Since these armies are made up of private citizens, all the aformentioned nations are still neutral. The volunteer corps are greeted as heroes when they arrive in Germany, and begin to engage Hapsburg forces. The volunteers do not carry the war over into Hapsburg, only wishing for Brunswick and Hesse to remain with their current borders and respective status. Engineers and laborers begin the construction of fortifications along the borders with Hapsburg (at least were Brunswick and Hesse control the borders). Brunswick and Hesse also pull back their troops to the border.
The MP agrees to remain neutral in regards to the German War, but unilaterally agrees that, when the conflict is resolved, Hesse and Brunswick would remain completely independent, with their current borders intact.
The kings of Hesse and Brunswick, pressured by much of their populace, declare a truce. They and Hapsburg agree on a general restoration of borders. however, Hapsburg demands that reparations be repaid, and Hesse and Brunswick are forced to agree. As Cologne was right on the front lines of the war, the MP representatives had heard about the horror stories of poverty and crime, and agree that the reparations be paid by all the nations of the MP (as the war was just a series of skirmishes, the reparations don't turn out to be that much). The volunteers return home, and in most cases are awarded medals for their valour in stopping bloodshed on both sides.
After Habsburg's somewhat victory in the Germanic War, they need for a well-trained and professional army became apparent to the king, so he introduces conscription and declares that all males between 17 and 35 years of age must serve in the military for a minimum three years, this creates a boom in the size of Habsburg's forces and puts them on par with Prussia.
After numerous conflicts over trade and settlement in the New World, the MP begins to fracture. However, it is still a large force in politics, and it isn't likely that any outright war between two major powers will happen. Here are some of the main fracturing groups:
The British Group: Between Scandinavia, Denmark, Heneastics, Great Britain, Switzerland, and Portugal/North Africa. Named so because both Portugal and Scandinavia have both married into Britain several times, cementing the alliance. Important to note that Scandinavia and the SC are also allied to Livonia, Muscovy, and Navarre. All nations push strongly for lower tariffs in the New World, and in mediation of conflicts by the MP. Most are relatively democratic, and, by their times, liberals. They are ardent supporters of free trade.
The Germanics: Between Hapsburg and Prussia. Unlike all the other Hussite nations, Wurzburg typically associates with them,except on issues concerning the New World. They all favor high tariffs (mainly because they have no substantial economic force in the New World, and they only serve to weaken their enemies). They favor state despotism as their government model. This marks a major policy change for Wurzburg, who had been a staunch Bohemian ally for decades, likely brought about by Bohemia's lack of support during the Swiss Revolution.
The Hussite League: Italy and Bohemia, most of the other Hussite nations. Spain, as well as Poland and both Lithuanias, also are typically associates with them as well. They are mainly merchandilistic, and are typically conservative in government (in this day, that would typically mean they support a strong, central monarchy).
Hoping to strengthen the bonds between them and Prussia, Habsburg princess Catherine marries to Charles of Prussia, after their marriage, Habsburg and Prussia sign a non-aggression treaty and open large amounts of trade between them.
Great Britain set up colonies in Eastern, Western, and Southern Parts of Africa. This will allow the British Group more power on the seas.
The Hanseatic Republic colony in South America brings up the issue of secession to USA in the council of commons.
The British set up a commonwealth in South America called New Albion. The Commonwealth of New Abilon even though is partially free, the are still loyal to the British Crown. Britain will not give the same arrangements to the Pacific provinces, due to the fact they provide a strategic foothold in North America.
A new style of Christianity known as Baldurism takes hold in the Icelandic colonies in the New World, and quickly overtakes Asatru as the dominant religion in the colonies. this religion is decentralized, and, much like Calvinism or Hussitism, has no governing body, but rather groups of philosophers and influential writers. However, it is theologically related to Arianism, including the rejection of the Trinity, and the belief that Jesus is actually a completely separate being than God, and thus inferior to Him. Also, unlike Calvinism, it does not hold the Bible in very high regard, instead tacking on a series of writings known as the Book of Baldur, which details the supposed journey of Matthew, John, and Mary Magdalene from Jerusalem all the way to OTL Churchill. The entire Canadian Shield region becomes a sort of Deseret to the Baldurists. While the Calvinists had incorporated the lost writings of Mary Magdalene and of Ezekiel into their Bible, the Buldurists decry this, and instead re-title the Bible as the Book of Good Teachings in order to rid the book of any negative influences. They also change many of the passages, primarily of the Old Testament, to better suit their worldview. Almost all other Christian denominations oppose this. Calls grow for independence from the Asatru rulers of Iceland.
- Habsburg by now has a great economy and large amounts of wealth. Using this wealth they buy the strip of land from Prussia that is surrounded by Brunswick and Hesse.
- All these years in isolation, India had modernized considerably. It was now equal to Europe. The Indian military was well-organized and well-equipped, it had a clear legal code, a strong economy, and a organized education system.
- Due to Hapsburg's territorial ambitions, Brunswick joins the British Group. Realizing that what were once thought to be temporary alliances used only for political maneuvering in the MP are actually coalescing into full military alliances, all the major power blocs agree unanimously to dissolve the MP. The British Group form a capital at Copenhagen, the Germanics at Cologne, and the Hussites at Prague.
- Navarre is offered a chance to join the British Group, and does, mainly because of France's long-unsatiated appetite for conquest has not been fed in a while, and, with the MP dissolved, any stability in the political world, especially concerning giants gobbling up various duchies and small kingdoms, is next to nil.
- Cologne, regardless of the MP's break-up, is still a major trading city between many nations, especially the Germanic countries, and using their still growing wealth, Habsburg is able to buy back Malta from Greece.
- The San-Dnestr Canal, is completed 2 years behind schedule. Due to the canal lying in Hussite territory, and being built and funded by a Bohemian/Scandinavian partnership, the canal is open to all. However, being almost a million florins in the red, the partnership is forced to tax ships of the only nations that had no interest in the project, that being the Germanics. The mouth of the Oder, as well as the Dnestr delta, are both fortified, and the Bohemians build a series of forts along the ten-mile canal itself.
- Both Amerika and New Germania join the Germanic Alliance, giving them a foothold in the Americas.
- The Commonwealth of New Albion is dissolved and a new arrangement is reached with the British American Provinces. Every five years the Capitol of the British Empire will be rotated from one city to the next. The order will be from London (Great Britain) to New London (British Great Guyana) to Carolinatopia (British Cascadia) back to London. A black dot will be used on maps to show the location of the current capitol. This is to fortify the strength of the United Provinces. The now 43 year old King Alfred goes on a grand tour of every one of he provinces.
- The Treaty of Alatschenland (OTL Alaska) divides Alatschenland between Muscovy, Great Britain and Bohemia. The British trading posts are retained thought their sovereignty will be surrendered once Bohemia or Muscovy border it.
- Both Lithuanias unite into the Grand Commonwealth of Lithuania. It is based on a power sharing deal between the King of Bohemia and the Grand Duke of Lithuania. There is a parliament in the country but the throne is shared by the two monarchs.
- The Hanseatic Republic's colony in South America is ceded to the USA, in return for a free trade agreement.
- Habsburg purchases more of the land between Brunswick and Wurzburg from Prussia.
- Denmark and the SC adopts the Scandinavian training system, and Scandinavia and Denmark begin to fortify the Kattegat/Skaggerak. In case of war on the Germanics, Prussia's navy would be holed up in the Baltic. As the Scandinavian enclave of Skagens Odde is already more-or-less a gigantic coastal fortress, it is expanded further south and west along the coast (the line of forts is expanded, not Scandinavian control of the land). Britain and Navarre build up their navies, while Portugal/North Africa fortify Melita. A system of border forts are built all along the Portuguese borders with the Inca and the French.
- Due to cultural, linguistic, religious, and economic similarities to the British Group, the USA joins them. As California is mainly Italian Hussite, they join with the Hussite League. The Incan Empire, with allies on all three sides, declines to join any, due to the fact that they are still behind most European powers in equipment, manpower, and infrastructure.
- Scandinavia, SC, and Portugal/North Africa begin to offer large tax credits to mothers who successfully raise a certain number of healthy males.
By offering them large amounts of wealth and new weapons and medicines, Habsburg is able to sway the Inca Empire to the Germanic side.
- Now that Alatschenland is secured, Great Britain starts expanding across the claimed territory. Small settlements are spread across the vast wilderness. A number of new Territories are set up.
- The first British coastal way station surrenders its sovereignty to Bohemia as it expands through Alatschenland.
- The Muscovite colonies expand as shipments from Great Britain increase allowing more colonists to be sent.
- Great Britain signs a treaty safeguarding Pacific territories with Japan. A trade agreement is also agreed upon. Japan is slowly being drawn into the British Group.
- While touring Great Guyana, King Alfred collapses and falls into a fever. He passes away after two days leaving behind a rich empire and no children. There is a great controversy about who is to be the new King but the Great Council decides his distant cousin Erik younger brother of the King of Scandinavia's son should be King. He is crowned King Eric I of the United Provinces of Great Britain and Her Associated Territories in June.
- Colombia looks to scure her borders and signs treaties with the Inca, Great Britain and Panama.
- Although they had been planning its construction for years, Habsburg, Prussia, and Wurzburg begin construction on the Fortress Mainz, in a border town in Habsburg, it is estimated to be built in 4 years, it is part of the Germanics project to build a series of forts to prepare major points in case of war.
- The Heanestics and Brunswick contribute to the British Group by putting in a series of small fortresses along the Elbe, preventing the Prussians from building and sailing a small navy down the river. The fortifications cover the entire river for a distance of around 40 miles, as well as several large forts around the estuary. The Scandinavian military buys the entire Skagens Odde enclave from the few private citizens remaining, and incorporate a series of trenches, tunnels, and gun batteries along the entire coast (and about 500 yards inland), and complete the fortification of the entire peninsula. Any Prussian naval forces passing through the Skaggerak/Kattegat would be decimated. This complete fortification is estimated to be completed in 5 years, but, as the enclave has been fortified several times before, the existing defenses would be enough to destroy all but the entire Prussian Navy (not counting the inevitable support of either the Danish, Heanestic or Scandinavian navies).
- Due to popular support for democracy in Great Britain, King Erik forms the Lord-General post, a dual military and political post. He is directly elected by the people (all men over 15, and women over 20). This quells any support for a king who is actually British, and increases his popularity in the colonies significantly.
- The Icelandic colonies in the New World finally break of as the Lord's Dominion of Deseret. The founder of Baldurism, Baldur Hjell, is cround High Man of God, with overwhelming popular support. Deseret is completely self-sufficient, and as Baldurism is opposed by all the major religions of Europe, Deseret is not interested in European affairs, and shows no interest, popular, political, or otherwise, to join any alliances. However, they do sign non-aggression pacts with all the major powers, in order to guarantee their independence.
- Scandinavia modifies its childhood combat training to include basic naval navigation, as well as arithmetic and tactics.
- Japan agrees to join the British Group, under the condition that, if war on the Germanics does break out, the get to take Amerika.
- The city of Goteburg, having a large Calvinist majority, declares independence from Midgard. It joins the British Group in order to protect itself from the furious Midgard. Both the USA and the Heanestics send small troop contingents in order to ward off any Asatru aggression.
- British Alatschenland is entirely occupied. Immigration continues as they hope to attain Provincial status.
- King Erik gets to Great Guyana where the capitol New London is now based. He had been away on a tour of the Scandinavian fortifications on Skaggens Odde. A grey dot will be used to signify the other capitals in the cycle.
- Bohemia and Muscovy expand further, subsuming more trading posts (and their population) into their colonies in Alatschenland.
- Habsburg sends colonists and merchants, with army protection, to expand the North African colony further to the south.
- After complaints from those nations bordering only the Black Sea, The Bosporus, Sea of Mamara, Dardenells, and the neighboring land Becomes international territory.
- A trade war breaks out between the Serbian Republic and Hungary.
- The native Hawaiians, having prepared for years, revolt and kill every Japanese on the islands, burn their ships, and steal their cannons. As no Japanese escape, the only sign is a sudden loss of communication with the islands.
- The Republic of California expands north.
- This is nonsense, people are just making up comments! And then in 1644 Hitler's grandfather was born and invaded all of Europe and Africa, while becoming a black man!
- The greatest ruler in Chinese history, Shuang the Great, comes to the Chinese throne as Emperor. His reign will last for 40 long years, and he will reform China considerably, upgrading the Chinese Empire to the rank of India and the great powers of Europe.
- Habsburg begins a large program of open trading with the Middle Eastern countries, mainly Damascus and the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
- Greece begins talks with the British over naval bases in exchange for trading concessions and training of Greece's developing navy.
- A large amount of Scots begin to immigrate to Britain's Pacific colonies, as do many of Deseret's Asatru, Calvinist, and Hussite minorities. A British and Japanese task force arrives in Hawaii and retakes all but Maui, while, in order to ensure stability, over 6,000 Asatru that had just immigrated to the colonies are armed and immigrates to Hawaii. Several thousand more are scheduled to arrive later.
- Shaung I of China issued the Chinese Legal Code, a codification of all the laws in the Chinese Empire. Before the Code was issued, several laws contradicted each-other and were dis-assembled. The Chinese Legal Code organized the laws and made them clarified, deleting most (if not all) contradictions. The Code also laid out the basic framework of the Chinese legal system. Shaung applied the Code to all regions of China.
- Habsburg begins to send support in the form of food and ammunition to the Serbian Republic as they see Hungary as a potential enemy to their power, soon the other members of the Germanic Alliance do the same.