Back to Europe 1430 (Map Game)
The Incan Emperor, Zchul I, begins meeting regularly with Hussite missionaries. Rumors are that he has converted but the Hussite tenet that bars clergy from holding public office would cause his empire to collapse if he officially converted state religions.
- With all his allies defeated, and no chance against the combined forces of Hungary, Bohemia, and Venice, Lithuania sues for peace. The Hussite League accepts peace in exchange for conversion to the Hussite faith. The Duke agrees, but knowing that his nation would never accept a Hussite ruler, abdicates after peace is achieved.
- Prussia, having abandoned its allies in the Brunswick Pact and the Germanic league on several occasions is hard pressed to find new allies, leaving it isolated.
- With its empire expanding, The King of Bohemia expands the Privy council into a full parliament in order to compensate.
- With help from Venice, one of the Mayan kings reorganizes his kingdom into a Merchant republic, however he has a permanent place on the merchant's council.
Frederick II of Prussia begins work on his Palace of Roocoo, which has a courtyard, garden, and massive state quarters. He commissions workers and stone-cutters from France, Venice, Genoa, and Spain to design and build his palace. He also proclaims the Prussian policy of isolation, beginning a century of Prussian absence in foreign affairs. Prussia's military is built up.
In South America, Pulab the Great comes to power in the Incan Empire. Emperor Pulab will become one of the greatest rulers in the Americas. The emperor stretches the Incan Empire south into OTL Argentina, as well more eastward into OTL Bolivia. The new emperor began bringing in Hussite and Calvinist missionaries, merchants, and engineers to his empire. The emperor still maintains the native Incan religion, but he also grants religious tolerance and ends human sacrifice practices.
With disease spreading from European contact and the rapid expansion, Pulab is forced to abandon some of his expansion. This doesn't dissuade his ambitions however and he learns from his mistakes. He begins using his empire's great wealth to bring in European doctors to help stem the tide of disease and European soldiers to train his armies to more easily hold his conquests. He begins to reform his society gradually, issuing Nobility Laws to control the nobility.
Ivan the Terrible comes to power in Muscovy. Ivan wants to expand his state.
Maximilian launches an invasion of Algeria by Habsburg. The Muslims, however, drive him out.
Calvinist and Hussite militias in Bohemian America have several skirmishes. Much of the interior is split between Hussite and Calvinist. However, the older coastal regions are still wholly Hussite.
Calvinists begin to convert many in the Icelandic colonies.
Sweden tries to reunite with Finland, which refuses.
Maximilian meets with the King of Spain, and they talk about Habsburg purchasing Minorca, after settling on a deal, Habsburg purchases the island and builds many port cities there. This angers Genoa and Sicily, who see Habsburg now as a threat to their empires.
Britannia (former British colonies in the America) takes over the Sardinian colony in South America. Alarmed by the move Portugal sends more forces to protect their colony in South America.
Britannia and Portugal sign a pact of non-aggression.
The Habsburg colonies in OTL Texas expand west and begin to annex part of the Mayan Republic.
Thanks to their adoption of Swedish shipbuilding techniques, Venice and Genoa now completely dominate the Trade in the Mediterranean and the Atlantic. in order to resist the power of the German states to the north, they unite to form the Italian Mercantile Federation. it is still mostly Oligarchal, but, due to Calvinist reforms the common citizens have a voice in the government. since these nations adopted many of Sweden's industrial technologies, they also supply most of Europe with their textiles and other manufactured goods. Prussia however is cut off from every other country in Europe and produces all her own goods. A Venician inventor has also invented the lathe, making machine tools easy to produce.
Britannia builds up the army and navy in hopes of taking over Great Britain. In the meantime they take over more lands this time from Iceland in Canada and take a most of the South American land from Venice. Britannia also signs a non-aggression pact with the Incas. Britannia allows factories and textiles with hopes of modernizing the country. Frederick II of Prussia still refuses to allow Calvanist and other missionaries, calling them heretics. Britannia sends a delegation to the Kingdom of New Germany. They both establish embassies in each of their capitals.
Habsburg opens diplomatic relations with many other European nations, including Britain, Spain, Portugal, and France. They each establish embassies in Cologne, the Habsburg capital, and vice versa. The king converts to Calvinism after reading old literature by Voltaire and Anthony Calvin.
Please create a map reflecting the changes.
Now that Britannia has a Pacific coast outlet, they set up colonies in OTL San Francisco and OTL Seattle. The colonies for Britannia is very prosperous and gives Britannia more room to expand.
Habsburg and Spain launch a joint invasion of Libya and the Libyan army and government begins to collapse.
- Midgard establishes the Asatru Union, a political alliance of the Asatru Nations of Iceland, Midgard, Norway, Norgard, and Thorgard. Its purpose "To protect the followers of Odin from the influences of the weak Carpenter god." Its efforts nearly halt the spread of Calvinism the last form of Christianity to be rejected by the "True Norsemen" and Asatru would remain strong in the north for centuries to come.
- You do realize that in all the other posts Scandinavia is the center of the Calvinist movement? - Denmark was never converted, and Sweden was also the center of the Asatru movement. Scandinavia was extremely hard to Christianize so Calvanism wouldn't have wiped it out in a year especially after the majority of the population had rejected Christianity. Only about 20% of Sweden was Asatru, and that part separated, Finland was about half of Sweden, and is still Calvinist. Also, Calvinism never started. There wasn't a post in which it sprang up, it just suddenly began converting everyone without actually starting.
- The IMF and its allies Bohemia and the Hanseatic Republic launch a counterattack against Britannia, the IMF expeditionary force landing in South America and quickly liberating the colonial lands and pushing into Britannia. Bohemias pushes northward into Labrador, while the Hanseatic Republic begins an invasion of Newfoundland. Sardinia's expeditionary force lands in the south while the Britannian forces, weakened from the conquest of the Venetian lands are busy in the north.
- At the request of the Mayan Republic, a small IMF force moves in to aid Republic forces in holding back Habsburg expansion into Republic land.
Spain and Habsburg finish the conquest of Libya after several major offensive operations, and take the capital by November.
Brittania surrenders and reverts to pre-war boundaries. It also pays reparations and is forced to limit it's army.
Frederick II of Prussia establishes the city of New Berlin in New Prussia. New Berlin is soon one of North America's largest trading ports, exporting cocoa, corn, cotton, leather, and sugar and importing gunpowder, tobacco, potatoes, silk, and metal.
Habsburg and Spain decide to split Libya, the north goes to Habsburg, and the south goes to Spain, which they use for trading posts for the Sahara desert, and tax the traded resources of course. Habsburg uses the north as a place to build ports and ships, although this only further angers the IMF.
- Pulab's expansion begins in earnest now that the worst of the plagues are over.
- The IMF inspired by Britannia's efforts while is possession of its Pacific port begins colonizing the West of North America. Habsburg begins building a pacific port.
- Note on map, the map was made before the part about Habsburg getting the north was made, so the Libyan split is inaccurate.
- Portugal, Finland, Livonia, Lithuania, Britannia, the IMF, Sweden, Switzerland, Navarre, France, and the Hanseatics create the Free Trade League of Europe (FTLE), which is a purely economic organisation designed to lower tariffs and taxes. It is highly successful.
- Hussite missionaries penetrate into Adana and Anatolia; they are moderately successful among the merchants and landowners.
- Britannia discovers gold in OTL San Francisco. The colonies on the pacific coast expand and they modernize and build up the navy. They also enter a military alliance with New Germania.
Frederick II of Prussia dies, and is replaced by his daughter, who becomes Catherine I of Prussia. She helps modernize the economy with reductions of her father's tariffs and by the joining of the FTLE.
Prussian nationalists, considering Catherine I a threat to Prussia, try to assassinate or at least beat her. She survives the attempts, and has all of the conspirators arrested and tortured.
Even though the IMF strongly protests against it, Habsburg enters the FTLE, after which they sign a non-aggression treaty with the IMF.
Since the loss of the colonies in the Americas, Great Britain has been lacking resources to make ships and ore to build weapons. They send a peace delegation to Britannia in hopes of opening trade with the former colonies. Britannia demands that the King is restored to power in Great Britain, and that he also holds the crown of King of Britannia. The British Republic refuse.
Habsburg and Spain begin planning a project with hundreds of engineers and builders being recruited to build a large canal that will connect the Mediterranean Sea and Red Sea. The reason to build it is to create trade between Europe and Asia, the builders and engineers meet and plan in a small trading town called Suez.
- With Portugal's federal politics constantly being dominated by the increasingly Calvinist mainland, the mainly Toledoan Catholic Portuguese North Africa peacefully cecedes as the North African Republic, but maintains close ties politically and militarily to Portugal.
- Algeria, threatened by Spain and Habsburgs actions in Libya, builds up its military, and gaining access to some minor weapons advances through Berber citizens of the North African Republic. The Sultan of Algeria also begins summits uniting many of the Berber tribes.
- Several minor lords of southern Georgia declare their allegiance to the Emperor of Trebizond.
- With Britannia cut off from the west coast of North America and the boom of the gold rush, the population of its colonies is slowly but surely becoming a cosmopolitan mix of British, Habsburgian, Italian, Mayan, and Inca. While the colonies' leadership remains loyal to Britannia, its populace is beginning to hold more loyalty to the colonies itself.
- With Roman Catholic, Orthodox, and Hussite religions holding nearly equal sway over its populace, the IMF declares a policy of religious freedom.
- Spain begins trading firearms and other European advancements with Oda Nobunaga of Japan.
- Muscovy begins an invasion of the Golden Horde, intent on wiping the last remnants of the Mongol Hordes from Europe.
Mujad the Great comes to power in the Indian Empire. Mujad will modernize his country, making her on par with the European powers, and he would extend India's borders greatly.
A Calvinist movement is now taking hold in Britannia.
Emperor Muhjad I of India began his reforms. His first reforms were religious ones. The Decree on the Islamic Church was issued, establishing a Commission of Islamic Priests, to oversee the Islamic Church in India, to report to the Emperor on Islamic affairs, and to collect taxes from the clergy. Muhjad I created the office of Chief Bazar to oversee this Commission.
The Sassanid Empire has overtaken the Turkish Emirates and Damascus. They made peace with India and the Kingdom of Jerusalem. Zoroastrianism is making headway in the Balkans.
In Britannia, Mary I decides not to invade Great Britain. She feels that with the loss of troops other countries to take advantage of Britannia not being defended. She sends a trade delegation to Great Britain proposing a trade between the two countries with no strings attached.
Habsburg and Spain begin the construction on the Suez Canal, which will connect the Mediterranean Sea to the Red Sea, it is estimated that it will take 20 years to complete. But after word of the canal gets back to London and Lisbon, Great Britain and Portugal send more workers to assist in the building of the canal, which is now estimated to take half the time.
Muhjad I of India established the Hinduism Service, a body charged with maintaining the affairs of the Hindu religion in India, as well managing the temples and collecting taxes from the priests. Muhjad appointed a Hindu-Sayer as the chief of this Service, loyal to him only.
After Trebizond annexes part of the Anatolian owned by the IMF, they declare war on Trebizond. Most countries in Europe declare their neutrality in the conflict.
Muhjad I of India established the School of Navigation and Mathematics in Bombay. The school was intended to teach naval navigation, geometry, algebra, and other mathematical subjects.
- After the IMF take the capital of Trebizond, a peace is negotiated. Trebizond keeps the IMF enclave, in exchange, Trebizond pays yearly tribute for 50 years.
- A coalition of catholic nations invade Sassanid Damascus, liberating a portion before negotiating peace.
- Muscovy concludes its conquest of the Golden Horde, declaring the Muscovian Empire.
- Algeria unites more Berber tribes.
- The religious makeup of Europe begins to stabilize. What conversions there are are minimal and don't affect the overall makeup of a country.
- Nobunaga unites all of Southern Japan
Muhjab I of India established the School for Artillery and the School for European Languages. Both schools were in Calcutta, one of India's largest ports. Muhjab also decreed that all children, both girls and boys, be educated, from the ages of 6-16. He also encouraged Indian students to travel to Europe to study in the prestigious universes, especially those in Great Britain, France, OTL Italy, and Prussia.
The IMF territories on the Balkan pen. declare independence as Macedonia.
Benevento, Having put its army through a 2 year training period, attacks the IMF along with Rome, Tuscany and Sardinia. Genoa quickly falls to Sardinia.
The IMF decides to reinforce their stranglehold on Mediterranean trade by invading Macedon and the rest of Greece.
Muhjab I of India established the School of Medicine. This school, located in Calcutta, was meant to teach about medicine and areas of medical treatment. Muhjab also established the Mapping Bureau, who created the first map of the Indian Empire (which consists of OTL India, Pakistan, Bhutan, Nepal, and Bangladesh).
- The IMF counterattacks against Sardinia, Tuscany, Rome and Benevento alongside its allies in the Hussite League and the Hanseatic Republic. Sardinian colonies in the New World are cut off from Europe due to the IMF's vastly superior presence in the region.
- Small groups of IMF loyalists and IMF troops take pockets of territory within Macedonia, IMF forces take Thessalonia. Unrest builds in the IMF controlled territory of former Latvia and Lithuania.
- The East Indies are now dominated by Spanish and Jerusalem colonies.
- The IMF finishes construction of the Panama Highway. A paved road from the Caribbean port of Panama, to the Atlantic port of East Panama. Although a 2nd ship is required, the route cuts nearly 2 months off the time of transport from the Caribbean to the Pacific. Habsburg begins construction of a similar route between the city of New Koln on the Caribbean coast, to New Amsterdam on the Pacific.
- The Mayan Kingdoms are united into the Kingdom of Pomona.
Somebody please make a map concerning the changes
- Mary I of Britannia is hailed as Mary I of Great Britain by royalists in Britain who overthrew the republic. She moves to London as Queen. After she moved to London, she declared that the former country of Britannia is now part of Great Britain again. She implements some reforms to Great Britain, by creating a Parliament. This gives the people of Great Britain a voice, but the royals still has the final say. She also builds up the British navy now that Great Britain has the resources and more wealth from the gold that comes from the Pacific Colonies.
- Muhjab I of India established the School of Engineering. This school teaches mechanics, metal-working, and ship-building. It is based in Calcutta, whom Muhjab has made the Indian capital.
Muhjad I of India issued the Decree on Local Education, requiring every province of the Indian Empire to have at least three math schools, two engineering schools, three medicine schools, one navigation school, and nine languages schools. Muhjad I also established the School of Science in Calcutta. He also began some early grants to allow middle-class students to attend many of his new schools.
The Italian allies solicit the help of Sicily and the Swiss. Launching a counterattack, they drive the IMF forces back.
Macedonia forces IMF forces out of the thellesonian peninsulas and make peace. In exchange for recognition of Macedonian Independence and the return of the inland area seized by loyalists, the IMF gets to keep their coastal areas.
Occitania invades Corsica.
Muhjad I of India established the Indian Advisory Council. Modeled on the Prussian and French state councils, the Advisory Council would issue proclamations in the emperor's name, advise him, and run the government day-to-day. The Council's establishment increases and strengthens the efficiency of the Indian government.
To assist the Italian allies, Habsburg launches an invasion of Malta and the IMF North American Colonies. During this time Great Britain takes over IMF Pacific Coastal Colonies.
Occitania and the Italian allies make further gains on the IMF, taking Naples and forcing the IMF to recall its armies from the Black and Aegean seas.
Greece takes advantage of this and takes the remaining Aegean islands, meanwhile Anatolia attacks the IMF territory in Asia minor.
Poland and Lithuania take the IMF lands on their borders.
The IMF surrendered, deeming it to heavy a burden to continue the fight. It gave up all its colonies, as well all the territory it possessed in Greece and Turkey. It shrunk to the city of Venice itself. What a put-down for what was once Europe's richest state.