A map game based in Europe, year 1100. A few small turning points occurred shortly before the formation of this map game, leading to the creation of the Celtic Union, Kingdom of Navarre-Leon, Kingdom of Aragon, and Unified Italian States. New players are welcome.
- One Turn is one Year. No more then one turn per day, no less then one turn per three days.
- This map game is not one player per country. Instead, to maintain plausibility, every single editor is effectively neutral when it comes to war and colonization. However, a country's editor can singularly control the economic development, political situation and religious situation in that country, so long as they take a plausible amount of time to convert their nation.
- Each turn, a country can gain one economy point, one stability point, and explore a small area of the world. If at war, a country does not gain economic or stability points. To establish a colony, one economy point is paid, as well as one economy point paid for every expansion of a territory. Colonies expand at a similar rate to OTL, so it should at least take 20 years after landing to take a quarter of the North America Coastline. Switching to a different form of government or religion costs 20 stability points.
- The country that explored a region automatically is allowed to establish colonies in that region first. The block on other countries founding colonies vanished after three years.
- All dates for new technologies and dates shall be obeyed.
Dates of Discover
- Gunpowder Artillery Discovered 1391
- Naval Gunpowder Weapons Discovered 1400
- Infantry Gunpowder Weapons Discovered 1406
- Breech Loading Muskets Discovered 1458
- Rifled Barrels Discovered 1501
- Clipper Ships Discovered 1593
- Steam (Coal) Power Discovered 1642
- Ironclads Discovered 1699
- Revolvers Discovered 1710
- Rotating Turrets Discovered 1737
- Internal Combustion Engine Discovered 1756
- Repeating Rifles Discovered 1785
- Explosive Shells Discovered 1812
- Land-Ironclads Discovered 1856
- Oil-Powered Ships Discovered 1892
- Airships Discovered 1901
- Machine-Gun Discovered 1909
- Powered Flight Discovered 1922
- Atomic Power Discovered 1956
- Extra-Atmospheric Flight Achieved 1962
- The Internet Discovered 1967
- Military Lasers Discovered 1974
- Nanobots Discovered 1990
- Space Elevator Discovered 2010 (End of Game)
- Africa and Central Asia start open for Colonization, once explored.
- North America discovered 1412
- South America Discovered 1481
- Ships can begin exploring South Africa by 1543, if not already explored.
- East Asia Open for Colonization 1592
- Indonesia Open for Colonization 1620
- Australia discovered 1686
- Hawaii discovered 1801.
- Kingdom of Norway BoredMatt 20:02, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Kingdom of Sweden 184.108.40.206 03:12, December 28, 2010 (UTC)
- Kingdom of Scotland Qrfbsca 18:29, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Kingdom of England kdavis005
- Celtic Union BlackSkyEmpire
- Republic of Novgorod
- Grand Duchy of Muscovy Roguejedi 23:02, December 6, 2010 (UTC)
- Kingdom of Poland
- Empire of Germany kdavis005
- Kingdom of Denmark
- Kingdom of France CrimsonAssassin 01:15, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Kingdom of Navarre-Leon ProfessorMcG 23:40, December 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Kingdom of Aragon
- Unified Italian States Fedelede 23:17, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Kingdom of Bohemia Thant 15:09, December 10 2010 (UTC)
- Kingdom of Serbia
- Kingdom of Hungary Michael Douglas 23:11, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Empire of Byzantium- Ownerzmcown 22:38, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Maronistan - VENEZUELA 23:22, December 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Kingdom of the Almoravids
- Sultanate of Morocco
- Sultanate of Tunisia- Willster22 02:22, May 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Kingdom of the Fatimids- StarkBlack
Emirate of Aram - VENEZUELA 01:24, December 6, 2010 (UTC)Renamed Maronistan now in Catholic Nations
- Empire of Persia PitaKang 22:24, December 5, 2010 (UTC)
- The Hashashins- 1000Monkeys 20:06, December 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Really? I think you have to be a true country, 1000monkeys, not an order of assassins.
Technically, the Hashashins controlled a small territory in OTL Northern Syria if the countries around it collapsed, the Hashashins might step in to pick up the pieces
- Persia expands eastward
- Several ships laden with Scottish troops depart from Thurso heading north toward Iceland. They stop at the Faroe Islands to take refuge from a strong storm that had been battering the inexperienced sailors boats. When the storm passes they continue on their journey. The troops arrive in Vattarnesvegur (south east) in late summer. They move deep into the island due to a breakdown of communication among the Icelandic clans
- France improves its military and stability.
- Empire of Germany is starting to make its military stronger.
- Muscovy expands south, ousting many lesser tribes from their lands easily. Muscovy begins to pass a series of acts to strengthen the economy. Muscovy decides to start vigorously training their troops, wanting them to be the most efficient killing machines possible. Muscovy makes plans to expand north to the sea in 1110-1115.
- The Hashashins amp up their offensive. They prepare the area around Masayaf for liberation, assassinating key officials in the area, weakening the surrounding area.
- Norway raises an army and sets to work conquering the Lapps and Finns to the south. They reach the Gulf by midsummer, and set to work moving south and east along the coast. A small royal fleet of five cogs is created.
- The Byzantine Empire launches a campaign against the native peoples in the Crimean Peninsula as part of their plan to expand in the Black Sea.
- The Celtic Union begins to build up its navy more and they also begin to modernize their infrastructure.
- Italy claims the territories of Milan, Trentino and all of the lands east of the Rhone from France and Italy, due to they being mostly Italian regions. They also start amping up their military. Later, they start to try exploring the African coast.
- The Fatimids expand their military.
- Bohemia begins a larger recruitment campaign and enlists a large number of footmen and the like. With a significantly larger military body, consisting of knights, footmen and militia Bohemia begins to expand eastward through the pagan Lithuanian tribes. By mid-December they have already seized a sizable portion of the land, subjugating the tribes into serfdom and installing feudal lords with sizable forces over the land. The king, Ottokar I, sees them expanding farther east by the next year. However, the means to feed and pay the army has taken a large toll on the peasantry, and it was a bad harvest this year.
- Moscovy continues to increase its army, and takes more land to the south. They also take some portions of land in the north, nothing significant, but some land. Muscovy begins to hire the infamous nomad riders of the steppe, who are some of the only men that can shoot arrows from horseback, a style that takes multiple dozens of years to duplicate. This year around 1,000 of these riders are hired, and Muscovy works to give them consistent pay. Muscovy plans to plant many new cities in the south in a few years.
- Scottish troops withdraw from Iceland after a high rate of malnutrition among the ranks. The king rejects the feudal system after meeting a peasant woman who convinces him that it would cause suffering to him and his children. The government begins building several schools and universities.
- The Fatimids create a group of highly trained elite cavalry called the Mamluks. They expand south into Sudan.
- The Celtic Union begins to improve its infrastructure while also continuing to build up its military.
- The Byzantine Empire continues its invasion of the Crimean Peninsula, now capturing about two-thirds of the island from the native peoples.
- The Hashashins rise in arms against the area. They capture much of the land around Masayaf.
- While the Germans is still building up their military, they draw up plans to invade Denmark which will give them greater access to the sea. They also increase troops at the borders of France and Bohemia.
- The Kingdom of Hungary begins expanding its military, particularly building new warships.
- The counts and barons on the eastern Bohemian frontier begin expanding with the King's blessing, the relatively large forces at hand expanding the Bohemian border significantly. King Ottokar also begins opening relations with Germany and Hungary, even propositioning a royal marriage between the courtesans of both nations.
- The French respond to increased troops on their borders by increasing their military along German borders.
- Italians again demand for the various territories they had demanded a year before (see 1100). They amp up their military and increase troops at the borders. The Italians also use the Scottish abolition of feudalism, never popular within Italy, into their nation. They also continue exploring the Atlantic coast of Africa.
- Persia expands farther east.
All players please create a section for your country on the Countries Page. This page will keep track of your Economy and Stability points.
Only one each point per turn? What if one country is very small and the other is very large. What do you do then?
Don't know, need to debate this more.
- Hungary expands to the Northeast. Hungary accepts the envoys from Bohemia, and proposes an alliance between the two Kingdoms. Hungarian soldiers also begin experimenting with new military techniques, including shield walls with archers close behind them to deal with cavalry attacks.
- Muscovy continues settling the south, ousting minor native tribes from their land easily with small contingents of steppe riders. The north is almost ready to be attacked also, with secret plans to attack Smolensk next year and Novgorod in three years. Another few thousand steppe riders are hired, giving Muscovy one of the best militaries in the world at this point, because the riders are so hard to kill, being adapt at hit and run attacks that can decimate the enemies.
- Germany opens relations with Hungary and Bohemia, however for now they turn down the royal marriage with Bohemia for now. Germany proposes a military alliance with Hungary and Bohemia. As a sign of good faith the German Empire withdraws a good portion of troops from the Bohemian border and put the troops on the German-French border.
- With the German military stronger, the German empire invades Denmark.
- The Byzantine Empire completes its conquering of the Crimean Peninsula, and begins to build army bases and naval ports across the peninsula.
- The Celtic Union continues to improve its military and infrastructure.
- Persia AMPS up their military.
- Italy demands yet again that their territories are given back. To make a further weigh to their demands, they amp up their military and place it in the borders of France and Germany. It also starts to improve infrastructure everywhere. An alliance is offered to the Celtic Union, the Byzantine Empire and Muscovy.
- Scottish noblemen hear of Italy's proposed alliances and offers to join. The first ships in the Scottish navy are starting to be built
- In Aram the king is overthrown by a Maronite family, which renames the country to Maronistan, with help of Melkites, Greek Orthodox, and other Christians in the zone they start to turn the nation to Christian, they also start to colonize more of Iraq and divide the nation as a confederation divided in the countries Kurdistan, Mount Lebanon, Jerusalem, Chaldea, Syria, and Jordan.
- France requests peace from Germany. However, just in case the situation goes awry, they increase the troop level on the France Germany level.
- The French amp up their military might. They do not tolerate the Germans threatening them. They demand that German troops are taken from the borders within a year or France will declare war.
- As Germany is slowly conquering Denmark, they withdraw a small portion of the troops from French-German border. However, they move troops just a few miles further from the border fearing a French attack.
- For the fourth time in four years, Italy demands its territories given back, adding Corsica to the list (the current list is all of the French territory up to the Rhone and all of German territory until the Alps). It also continues to amp up its military and put it in the borders with Germany and France (especially France, as they are the ones that own more Italian territory). It also accepts Scotland's alliance proposition and sends another proposition to the confederation of Maronistan.
- We will give you one Italian state. If Germany declares war on us and you help, we will give you all German and French Italian states.
- Hungary continues to expand into the Ukraine. They offer an alliance to Germany. Germany accepts.
- The Hashashins continue to expand. They capture Damascus.
- Muscovy expands southward, taking over lands from other tribes. They invade the strongest tribe to the north and complete the conquest of them in around the year. The steppe riders suffer almost no losses while inflicting massive damage upon the enemy tribe. Muscovy plans to regroup next year and invade Novgorod the year after that. They continue to build the interior, planting more and more villages in recently claimed lands.
- Persia offers an alliance with the Hashashins. They expands more to the east.
- The Byzantine Empire establishes a small colony on the last strip of unclaimed North African land.
- Scotland offers an alliance with France to even things out. Scotland bolsters troop numbers along the Anglo-Scottish border.
- France demands that the Germans stop increased militant activity by March (5:00 PM EST TONIGHT) or there will be a war. They offer Italy an Alliance.
- Persia expands southward, into the Arabian Peninsula.
- The Norwegian fleet sees its first action against Danish and Frisian privateers north of Rockall. Several vessels are captured, and, with four more launched, it brings the fleet total to 29. Five keels were laid in late august and are expected to be launched early next year. As in OTL, King Harald dies and his three sons agree to rule together. Eystien is put in charge of the Treasury, Mint, the various royal enterprises, and the fleet. Sigurd is placed as commander of the levies, the marshals, the bailiffs, and given the position of Royal Errant (due to him being of considerable personal piety and having a good deal of influence in the church hierarchy and the ecclesiastical courts). Magnus is placed as the "king of kings", yet his power is nominal and he holds little real power outside of the capital and the Shetlands. Work continues on the highway and ports.
- Denmark has fallen to Germany. As part of the agreement the Danish King and future generations will swear an oath to Germany. All military that is part of Denmark will fight against the German enemies. Even though Germany signed the agreement they intend to absorb all of Denmark into a German state.
- Hungary once again offers alliances to Bohemia and Germany. In the meantime, Hungary invades Serbia, meaning to conquer the country for its access to the Adriatic Sea.
- Germany accepts the offer and joins the alliance with Hungary.
- France declares war on Germany and invades. The French suffer minimal casualties as they plow through Germany. The French offer liberation if the Danish help the French.
- Germany regroups after the invasion and sends the French back. German sends an offer to Italy. They would give half of the land that is disputed if they assist Germany in fighting France.
- The Emperor of the Byzantine Empire begins reforming the army and navy to an efficient military machine based on the days of former Byzantine glory and begins to expand the size of the armed services.
- As France had already offered a better deal, Italy rejects the German offer and invades Germany itself. The mostly Italian population supports the Italian armies as they sweep through Milanesado and Trentino with virtually no resistance, and soon Italian troops are crossing the Alps mountaintops. It also agrees to the French alliance offer. Finally, it offers Bohemia all of German Bohemia and Moravia.
- Scotland declares war on Germany, although this is more of a symbolic gesture as Scottish troops cannot be mobilised in any great numbers on the continent. Scotland begins significantly amping up the newly founded navy
- The war pushes further into Germany. The joint French-Italian invasion digs far into Germany, with Italian soldiers to the south and French soldiers to the north. By December, German Denmark is cut off from the rest of Germany. Next year, an operation is to go underway that will liberate Denmark, making it independent.
- The Hashashins capture more of the area around them. They become more of a Catholic nation now.
- Norway declares war on Germany, claiming that its aggressive acts upon other nations make it a danger to Europe and itself. Troops enter Juntland over the Skaggerrak, with Skaggens Odde and Alborg taken by early May. Sjaelland and most of Odense are captured as well. Niels of Denmark (an illegitimate son of Sweyn II and a close relative of the Norwegian royal family) declares Denmark independent once again. Scania expels their German occupiers, and the thane subordinates itself to Niels. In a related operation, Faroese troops and Sigurd's Hird take the Frisian Isles, while the rest of the troops not tied down in Denmark or Lappland enter Pomerania.
- Persia expands into the Black Sea, so they can have ports into Europe. They also invade the Byzantine Empire.
- Do you mean the Black Sea?
- Yeah, Sorry
- Hungary, after forcing Serbia to open its ports to Hungarian warships, seizes a merchant fleet and lands troops in Nepal. Southern Italy is rapidly taken, and most of the Italian strongholds in the region find themselves under siege. Hungary sends a plea for aid to the Byzantine Empire.
- The Byzantine Empire accepts the Hungarian plea and sends troops from their recently reformed army to capture the island of Sicily. They land 25,000 troops in Syracuse and more in the islands central-eastern coast, and they make a quick run for the regional capital of Palermo.
- Hey, what did I do to anger you? It's implausible to declare war without a casus belli.
- The Italian army retakes Naples and quickly, due to support and revolts from the Italian populace in the region. The Byzantine siege of Palermo is also brought back. Angered at the East European attack on it, they retire much of the garrisons in Central Italy, and land them near Patras. Soon, much of the Gulf of Corinth falls to Italian forces, much stronger than the Byzantine (if you remember, I spent four years amping the Italian military). Another troop falls in Dalmatia while Istria is also taken, in order to stop troops in Serbia and to reclaim the Serbian-held Italian territories. A peace treaty is offered to Germany if France gives its permission, stating that the borders will remain where they are. They also ask for France and Scotland to help with the Byzantines and Hungarian menaces.
- France quickly donates reserve troops to Italy. Sicily is quickly taken. The troops in Germany do not give up.
- Scottish troops are sent to Norway and France, but cannot be sent to Italy safely due to distance.
- France pushes further into Germany. The German army is in tatters and is in no position to take back any territory. Meanwhile, French reserve troops help Italy reinforce the Italian defense. Germany surrenders to France.
- Hungary massively reinforces its border with Germany, fearing that French troops if victorious will push into Hungary. Hungarian Cavalry force moves through southern Germany, but is routed and forced to retreat.
- Now that you did that, I just might push into Hungary.
- Please don't. I wrote that post before Germany surrendered. I edited the post to force myself back out of Germany.
- Norway declares its neutrality in the wider conflict, as their argument is with Germany alone. By March, Pomerania and Mecklenburg have fallen to Sigurd's forces, giving them control over the entire northeast coast of Germany. Faroese troops and the first batch of Lapp and Finnish infantry assault and take Hamburg and Bremerhaven. A small area of land (roughly the area between Bremen and Bremerhaven) along the Weser is taken, giving the Scadinavians what is more or less a monopoly on Germany's maritime trade. Infrastructure in Scandinavia is improved as well.
- The Byzantine's launch a new offensive, repelling their invaders by shear weight of numbers. A new offensive is launched in Sicily which pushes for, and captures, Palermo.
- Palermo is recaptured, and all of Sicily is liberated again. The Italian forces also score a victory when the smaller but more advanced Italian navy defeats the Greek one and lands troops on Crete and Athens. The Attica and most of the Dodecanese Islands are captured by the end of the month. Another troop (the largest found yet in Italian military history) lands near Constantinople, and start a long siege. The Italians also start fortifying the Adriatic and Sicilian forces, and build a great trench and wooden barricades in all of the borders, so that the Byzantines can't easily retake them.
- Norway offers a peace treaty to the Germans: the land that encompasses the OTL region of Mecklenberg-Vorpommern is to be ceded to the Norwegians. The lands encompassed by the OTL region of Schleswig-Holstein that was not owned by the Danes previously is to be ceded to the Kingdom of Denmark. Norway shall also receive the entirety of the Frisian Isles and the port of Bremerhaven. Germany shall recognize the independence of the Kingdom of Denmark, and shall recognize the lands taken by Denmark through this treaty as fully and completely Danish. In return, both Denmark and Norway shall assist Germany in removing foreign troops from German soil through diplomacy and economic pressure. They also guarantee German independence, and henceforth will recognize German control of the OTL regions of Brandenburg, Saxony-Anhalt, Saxony, Lower Saxony, Thuringia, and Bavaria as fully and completely German lands. Both nations will assist Germany diplomatically, economically, and militarily in securing full control of those lands from France or any other entity that demands those lands be ceded to them. Germany accepts Norway's offer.
- Norway is in no way a traitor. Our casus belli was the fact that Denmark, our ally and a kingdom whose king is second cousin to our three rulers, was unjustly attacked by Germany. Norway was never aligned with the forces of France, Italy, and Scotland, and we had considered your conflict with Germany a completely separate and localized war altogether. We successfully invaded Germany and reaffirmed the independence of Denmark. Now that that conflict has been successfully concluded, we see no reason why we should make an enemy out of a still-formidable nation. Note that the treaty was written when Germany had surrendered to France, so we expected no trouble from the other nations involved in the conflict. I believe KDavis005 was getting a bit ahead of himself when he retracted the offer of surrender. However, the terms of our treaty state, that, in no uncertain terms, Norway will assist Germany in retaining control of their core lands through military force if necessary. As there was currently a truce in affect when I penned the treaty, I had thought that you would demand the lands that I had not designated as core provinces of Germany (that is, the maximum extent of land that you could demand from Germany with our approval would be the OTL states of Baden, Saarland, Rhineland, Hesse, and Westphalia). Either way, demanding any more would be both unreasonable and idiotic. No nation would be able to hold down that much of another nation that has very different concepts of law, morality, economics, and a different, fairly unrelated language. We do not wish to cause any further conflict in Europe, so we wish for you to end hostilities with Germany and open negotiations.
- Okay, I'm sorry. I was just mad that one year you were fighting the Germans and the next fighting with the Germans. As for German control of their lands, even if France was pushed out, their nation would be in tatters. Their military cannot support probable uprisings and the debt of rebuilding but our economy and military can. Rule under France right now is better for them. Finally, hostilities in Germany ended with their surrender and the parts shall be divided into states and treated equally and fairly. They are in good hands.
I know KDavis may still want to play, so I want to remind him that there are plenty of other nations for him to join. Hopefully, the nation can be a friendly one. That is correct. If England is still open I'll take England.
Good idea! I hope that we can be good to each other this time around! I look forward to it!
- Now that KDavis005 has surrendered to France, this would be a good time to open negotiations regarding transfer of territories.
- After the surrender, the German state was in tatters.
- A proposal is sent to the warring factions. The remaining German state will dissolve into smaller states, provided that the major powers will not invade the new the new states.
- I mean to keep most of Germany, except for the Italian states, which go directly to Italy. Yes, the rest of Germany we haven't touched will become independent states, but they are under my protection. I probably won't invade them. Hopefully, I can defend Italy now. Hate to do this to the Byzantines, but the Italians have priority. I encourage the Hashashins and other Catholic nations to help.
- Scottish troops are withdrawn from continental Europe. The troops that have come home fresh from Norway and France are used to invade the mull of Kintyre, Isle of Man and County Antrim in Ireland.
- The French calm down their conquered territory and give all German and French Italian States to Italy. The remaining parts of unconquered Germany fall into several states, each under French protection. The French reinforce their borders heavily in case another nation declares war on France. Meanwhile, the French begin reinforcing Italy and taking the fight to the Byzantines.
- The Byzantines sue for peace from their attackers, offering to leave Sicily if the attackers leave their land.
- Sicily has already been reconquered.
- The Norwegians fortify Bremerhaven and their German holdings. The conflict in Finland resumes when Sigurd leads his Hird and 12,000 Lapps into battle, defeating several Finnish and Karelian tribes and moving the border southward to about the latitude of Vaasa. The navy is expanded considerably, while the port cities on the Gulf of Bothnia are finished.
- England offers an alliance with Scotland.
- Italy continues with its invasion of the Byzantine Empire, taking over much of the east of Central Greece and the north of the Peloponnessus. Another invasion also lands in a Moldavian port, currently part of Hungary.
- Muscovy, having stayed out of the recent war, is much better off than most countries. Novgorod is completely conquered, with the steppe riders a rousing success. Muscovy rapidly expands southward, virtually unopposed. Plans to move Eastward are planned, and the Muscovian army is expanded considerably. Great cities begin to grow in recent acquisitions, and a transportation network joins all of the nation together.
- Hungary finalizes its conquest of Serbia. Hungary also sues for peace, as it entered the war to support Germany. Hungary will pay minimal repatriations to Italy if the Italians and their allies also accept peace with the Byzantines. As a precaution, the Hungarian Navy in the Mediterranean aids in the defense of the Byzantine coastline, although Serbia is still heavily defended.
- Scottish troops move further into Ireland, surrounding the areas around Lough Neagh
- France takes advantage of a wonderful opportunity and takes control of Brittany. Meanwhile, they continue to decimate the Byzantine military.
- The Hashashins by now have taken most of Syria. By now, most of the Hashashins have converted to Catholicism. They amp up their military, defensively and offensively.
- The Byzantine begin to make a come back against their attackers and their revamped military begin scoring multiple small victories in the Pelopenesse as their navy also some small successes.
- The Hungarians meet the Italian navy in Battle and retake Athens. Hungary continues to sue for peace, stating "This conflict was between the French and the Germans. Our nations entered the war to support either one of them, but now that central cause is over."
- You weren't in the war until after Germany was conquered. You attacked me by surprise, so no.
- I was in the war since the beginning. I formed an Alliance with Germany a year before war was declared. I then invaded Naples, remember? Not a surprise. You were at war with my ally, or did you not make that deal with France? I also don't like that because I try to be reasonable in my posts, you go ahead and declare you utterly defeated my every move. This is all BS, we're supposed to be neutral editors in war. There is no way the Italians could defeat the Byzantines at this point in time, although to be fair you could beat Hungary at sea, definitely. The Byzantines joined the war because I gave them an excuse, but don't preach to me about the righteousness of your war against me. France bought you, and I honored my deal with my ally.
- Scottish troops move deeper into Irish territory, using the unique shiltron tactic to their advantage.
- A large Italian army retakes Athens yet again, fortifying it for further use. Another attack over the Hungarian and Byzantine fleets destroy both, and so Italian ships plague the Aegean and Mediterranean seas. Italian troops are taken from peaceful North Italy and sent toward the Adriatic coast of Serbia, which already holds Dalmatia. It is able to advance until Tirana and Peć. The Italians declare that they won't agree to any peace treaty with the Hungarians and Byzantines unless another power forces their hand, as it was the Hungarians who treacherously attacked them without a reason. The King of Italy declares, "There's only two reasons for the Hungarians to attack where they did: Either the Hungarian peoples receive news late or the Hungarian government is doing it for its own favor". Italy also sends a large army into Thrace in order to conquer Constantinople.
- Are you mad? First of all, there is no way an Italian force could take Serbia while tied up in Greece and Turkey. Secondly, you must have the luck of the devil, because our combined forces are stronger then yours in every way. What if we decided to play your way, and randomly declared that our militaries completely annihilated yours there is no hope and we're at the gates of Rome? Or better yet, just declare we assassinated your king?
- I can't accept Fedelede's arrogance anymore. Since I'm unwilling to play at your level, I quit.
- Hungary fractures into the states Wallachia, Hungary, and Serbia. Many of the surviving Hungarian navies turn pirate and harass Italian shipping for years to come, majorly shrinking Italy's economy.
- France begins to claim some Hungarian states, along with Aragon.
- Muscovy claims land all the way to the coast of the Black Sea, ousting all opposition in the area. Muscovy continues to stay out of conflict, thinking themselves above all of the petty European arguments and wars. The army continues to expand, and secret plans are drawn up to start a war against some groups of steppe riders still harassing Muscovy's Eastern borders. A plan is also drawn up for a large defence network barring Europe from Russia. This is said to be started in about five years.
- Norway forces the Finnish and Karelian chiefs to swear fealty to Norway. The main army moves from Joensuu to Arkhangelsk, and they begin expanding the port town there in order to expand into the lucrative fishing market in the White Sea, as well as to prep for expansion into Siberia. The navy is again expanded utilizing the massive manpower of North Germany.
- England expands its Army and Navy fearing Scotland. They offer a peace treaty with Norway.
- Persia claims several Hungarian states.
- The Byzantines finally establish a probable line of defense just east of Athens, making many large fortifications and placing many troops along the line.
- Moscovy starts to take parts of the Caucasus, wanting better trading routes. They build a large fleet in the Black Sea, and many ports are built to house the ships. Muscovy continues building more permanent fortifications in the western areas bordering Poland-Lithuania. Muscovy sees the growing power of many of the countries in Europe and warns many nations, mostly France and Italy, to stop disturbing the balance of European power by taking over small countries that have no way to fight back. Muscovy shows that this is not an idle threat by recruiting another 5,000 steppe riders and 7,500 infantry. The city of Volgograd is established as a military base by the Black Sea, and roads are built between it and Moscow to effectively transport troops.
- France continues to take Aragon. They offer an alliance to England and Scotland. England joins the alliance with France.
Scotland joins the alliance with France.
- Persia expands south
- The Norwegians expand control from Arkangelsk south along the Severnaya Dvina to take on the Sibir Protokhanate at OTL Kotlas. After a hard-fought Pyrrhic victory, the Norwegians emerge from the battle bloodied and demoralized-but in control of the Sukhona. Throughout the year, an army lead by the Duke of Lofoten marches from Onega eastward against the Komi peoples, finally connecting and resupplying the previously vulnerable Norwegian enclave in Siberia. The White Sea and its valuable fisheries are now enclosed by Norwegian territory. Norway offers an alliance with Muscovy. Muscovy accepts as long as they are able to fish in the White Sea
- Persia expands east, and offers an alliance with the Hashashins. They send several hundred pounds of gold and silver as a gift to their leader Accepted.
- France finishes annexing Aragon. They set up embassies in their newly conquered territory and Serbia. They launch a campaign to take Byzantine territory in Crete.
- The Hashashins finally are able to enter the war against the Byzantine Empire. By now, most of Syria is under Hashashin control. The Hashashins advance along many fronts.
- After learning that Scotland is now a Ally of France, England ask Scotland to form an alliance for the purpose of defending the British isles.
- The states that was once Germany meet to talk about forming a new political union.
- Map time! Add your changes!
- Scottish troops pull out of Ireland but not the western isles, several new trade routes are opened with France and Norway and potentially Italy.
- Persia, honoring their alliance with the Hashashins, enter the war with the Byzantine Empire. They expand in hundreds of miles.
- Moscovy offers an alliance to Persia, hoping to open valuable trading relations with them. They expand to the Caspian Sea, but are saddened to find that the Sea is not a place of wealth and grandeur. They expand right up to the Ural mountains in the North, and border much of Norway. Muscovian military might is expanded, and Muscovy's formidable Black Sea fleet is expanded. Muscovy finishes fortifications on the Western borders and now turns its attention toward the south. Accept, if you help us defeat the Byzantines
- France continues to stabilize. Happiness and stability is at a high point. However, relations with Navarre-Leon are going down the drains.
- Lofoten puts down rebellions among the Finns, and the three kings of Norway begin work on consolidating their recent gains against the Sibir Khanate.
- Persia expands more into the Byzantine Empire. Morale is high, and they go in hundreds of miles with the help of the Hashashins, who assassinate generals, local leaders, etc and pave the way for the Persian Army. Persia also makes some more trading posts in the Black Sea to trade with Muscovy. However, they are not ready to open full trading relations until Muscovy gives them assistance with the Byzantines.
- France and Navarre go to war. France conquers much of the nation.
- With the Baltic effectively a Norwegian lake, Sigurd declares Baltic waters more than 20 leagues off the coast of all other Baltic nations to be Norwegian territorial waters. The large and well-manned navy is expanded even more to a colossal 85 vessels, a feat only made possible by the inclusion of Northern Germany (the largest recruiting grounds for sailors in the European world at that time) into Norway.
- Muscovy launches a lightning attack on through the Bosporus and the Sea of Marmara, landing their formidable army near Istanbul, hoping to capture it and cut the European Ottoman Empire from the Asian Ottoman Empire. The city is successfully taken, albeit with heavy casualties. They also land on the southern coast of the Bosporus, sweeping down into mainland Turkey. The Turkish people are now forced to fight a two-front war, causing them to lose more territory. Muscovy sends diplomats to Persia to discuss the division of the Ottoman Empire after the war. Muscovy proposes that:
Persia gains: southern area of Ottoman Empire.
Muscovy gains: the area around the Turkish Straits (Bosporus) and the Sea of Mamara.
Two independent states are created: Turkey, a puppet state of Persia and Bulgaria, a puppet state of Muscovy.
- The Celtic Union, angry at the fact that the Byzantine's peace terms where beyond harsh and they place an embargo on all goods entering Persia, the Hashashins, and Muscovy. The propose a different peace term: Parts of Eastern Greece and Istanbul Province be territory remaining under Byzantine control while the rest is regulated. The Celtic Union also declares that if better terms are not put into place, another crusade put upon the Middle East, although it is less likely that Muscovy would be attacked.
- France declares that it will not try destroying the Hashashins, who are becoming more Christian. Also, Navarre-Leon is taken over. France also sets up beachheads near Constantinople, surrounding it on both sides.
Muscovy already has Constantinople
- The Hashashins demand part of the Ottoman/Byzantine empire. To emphasize this, they take over massive amounts of land in the empires, showing that they are capable of not only capturing large amounts of land, but holding them too.
- The Celtic Union asks England, France, Norway, Sweden, Scotland, Italian States, Bohemia, Hungary, and Maronistan that they join the Celtic Union in a Crusade against Persia and possibly Muscovy unless they give better terms to Byzantine Empire; they excuse the Hashashins although no promises are announced. They say as long as "Everyman should have a fair trial and if he is just then executed with no trial, there is only tyranny, they later declare that there will be no crusade, but they still argue that the Byzantine Empire should have some form of territory. England joins the Celtic Union.
- The Ottoman Empire is dead - it was destroyed by Muscovy and Persia.
- Norway declares itself neutral in the Crusade (for the moment) due to their relatively cordial relations with Muscovy and the fact that the kings don't really see that Muscovy did anything untoward during the Byzantine campaign. The Norwegian navy expands itself considerably, expanding their facilities in the Atlantic (particularly those on the Faroes, Orkneys and Shetlands). The kings also reform their Hirds into military, financial, and administrative divisions, greatly increasing the efficiency of the royal household. The addition of the gestir and hirdmenn to the official retinue of the household creates Medieval Europe's first true intelligence service as well as the core of an army not loyal to any mere nobleman, or even the kings, but to the kingdom of Norway itself.
- The Perisna Emperor and his entire family converts to Christian, and they try to get the entire nation to do the same. They make their army of the mujahedeen much larger, and many Persians begin converting to Christianity with the newly found freedom of Christians in the Empire. They also agree to the Muscovian proposal of the division of Turkey. They also say that they only went to help the Hashashins, who they have an alliance with, in their attack on the Byzantines. They also agree to the Hashashins having a part of the land and the Byzantines keeping the part of their land.
- The former German states are close to forming a new and powerful Germany..
- Muscovy grows much more powerful, as it now has a connection in the Mediterranean Sea through the Turkish Straits, which it now controls. Muscovian ships formerly in the Black Sea move to the Mediterranean, and Muscovy flags are seen more and more often in the ocean. Muscovy expands all the way to the Ural Mountains at most of its borders. Muscovy plans to send groups of explorers over the mountains in three years, to learn what is beyond the border. Muscovy offers an alliance to Norway, this time without rights to fish on the White Sea. Muscovy trains its military more vigorously, determined to be seen as one of the most powerful nations in Europe. The city of Istanbul (Constantinople) thrives as a major trading center. Muscovy warns France not to take over any more of Europe, fearing that France is becoming too powerful.
- France takes parts of Castille. They tell the Muscovians to mind their own business.
- Muscovy demands that France stops, or else the powerful army of steppe riders will have to invade. Muscovy asks its allies, Norway and Persia, along with England, Castille, Bulgaria, Italy, and the Hashashins to join in this "great crusade, to uphold the peace of Europe and the rights of her people". Muscovy offers to send resources and help build up a unified German state if Germany will help defeat France. Bulgaria (being a Muscovian puppet state), and Castille (being attacked) join the union, which is called the Coalition. Muscovy feeds resources and troops to Castille to help mount a viable defence.
- How does Muscovy shuttle enough troops and supplies to Castille to make a difference? France has a far larger Mediterranean fleet than anyone else (w/ the exception of Italy), and you have no bases between Thrace and Iberia to operate out of. France has Marseille, Nice, Corsica,Catalonia/Barcelona, and probably a good bit of the Castillan coastline(not to mention all of Italy, them two being allied). Even then, France could just hole Muscovite fleets in port if they did make it to Castille.
- The troops and supplies aren't that much, just a little. Actually, the Muscovian fleet is very large, having been built up in the black sea. Now Muscovy basically controls the Black sea.
- I believe the French are allies with England and Italy.
- The Hashashins deny the coalition and offer to help the French, should the Muscovians attack.
- Muscovy helped the Hashashins defeat the Byzantines.
- France dares the Coalition to start something. In the meantime, it starts a group called the New Roman Empire. They also justify its taking of Castille, saying that Castille was in debt and the French bought parts of the nation. Annexation will be complete next year. After that, the French will stop expanding in Europe.
- Norway cancels its alliance with Muscovy, not wishing to be drawn into any conflict at the moment. The navy grows considerably, and an expedition to Iceland meets at first failure, but then defeats a coalition of some local clans with 600 German mercenaries and twice that in Icelanders supportive of the Norwegians. By years end, all the major settlements have either sworn fealty to Norway or razed to the ground.
- The Celtic Union, still angry that Muscovy and Persia have not allowed for some territory to be under the Byzantine flag, ask France for an alliance against Muscovy. There navy and military continue to grow, now one of the strongest (not exactly the largest) in Europe. They also ask England for a Neutral-pact making sure that both nations do not attack one another in an event of war between Muscovy and France. England agrees to a neutral pact, however, after agreeing with the Neutral Pact, France is somewhat upset.
- Persia wanted the Byzantines to have some land!!
- Persia strongly encourages the Muscovites and the Hashashins to give the Byzantines some land. They also improve their navy and expand east, toward China and India.
- Muscovy, astounded by the failure of the coalition, breaks it up. They fully annex Bulgaria and enter a period of isolation. Trade between Muscovy and other nations is minimal, and Muscovy breaks all ties with other nations. They close the border, using their intricate defensive structures as a deterrence. Muscovy closes the Turkish straits, giving them almost complete control of the Black Sea. Muscovy's navy is drawn back to the sea of Mamara and the Black Sea, and their formidable army is slowly disbanded, with the rest defending the borders. Muscovy takes the East coast of the Caspian Sea this year, and plans to send an exploration party over the Urals next year. Muscovy remains firmly anti-French, but they decide not to be involved in European politics. Muscovy increases its industrial power greatly, and the country becomes known as the "sleeping giant". Muscovy's last talk with other countries decides that the country of Turkey should be able to decide whether to reform as the Byzantine Empire or not. Muscovy's foreign diplomats are all sent home. The Muscovian king spoke this statement:
"To everyone in Europe and around the world, we are leaving for a while. We are not gone, and in a thousand years, will your country still exist. We know the great Muscovy will. We hold up all that is right and free, yet Europe has rejected us. We will wait until the right time for the fight, and when evil rises, we will be ready.
"To Persia: our great Eastern ally, you were the first to stand with Muscovy and you are a great and wealthy nation, full of knowledgeable people. You of all nations know what is right and what is wrong. Yet when the time came to stand up against an enemy, you rejected us and allied with the enemy.
"To Norway: our powerful northern Ally, you are a powerful and resilient nation. Your armies and navy was strong, and you fought for a just cause. Your people trusted and obeyed you. Yet when the time came to rally and fight for what is good, you rejected us completely and slunk back into your own territory
"To the Hashashins: Our ally of warriors. You are strong and mighty, versed in the way of fighting, and you know what is right and good. You are brave and loyal to your people. But when the time came to fight for what is right, you declined like cowards, to scared to fight a great enemy, and you even allied with that enemy.
"To France: One sentence; Pride comes before the fall.
"To the Celtic Union: I assure you that we do have winter coats. The question is; do you? In a thousand years your country will be crushed and in a thousand years Muscovy will still be here, as powerful as ever.
"Closing statement. We will not get involved in your petty European politics, for we have risen above that. We have entered into a bright and hopeful future, while you squabble in the darkness. We have cut all ties with other nations, for if a nation is to succeed, it should not do so leaning on others for support. If any of you dare attack Muscovy, you will pay, for all of Muscovy, from the peasant to the generals, will fight for what is right and good. Goodbye to all of you, may you understand our cause and join it, or you will never hear from us again. But we will always be there, watching, waiting until the moment is right"
- France forgives Muscovy. The French take all of Castille. They begin consolidating their power.
- The Celtic Union finally accepts the fact that the Byzantine Empire will never return. They close there port's from Muscovy and the king announces: "Look's like the Russian's wish to withdraw back in the blizzard...let them freeze themselves". The Celtic Union's navy is now one of the most largest in Europe and soon the C.U.N begins its open-trade policy (closed to Muscovy).
- Persia begins to get better relations with the Celtic Union. They expand east.
- England increase the military strength with hopes of conquering Scotland and Ireland.
- The former German states holds of unification for now. However, they agree to form a joint military force without depending on France.
- France's response to Muscovy: "Pride comes before the fall. How hypocritical..." Meanwhile, the military and interior is improved.
- Muscovy ignores France's response, instead focusing on getting their farming increased. A large strip of land between Volgograd and Moscow is the main farming area, with other minor farming areas around other major cities. This year, Muscovy full closes its borders to everybody, even for trade. A series of major forts along the Muscovian border start to be constructed, for the purpose of deterrence. The Muscovian leader outlines the plans for planting of cities and the making of a national road system, to get goods where they need to go inside the country. Major industrial facilities are planned to be set up in a few years, giving the people of Muscovy new clothes and furniture and anything else they need. In Muscovian Turkey, Constantinople starts to decline as trade stops, but Muscovy officials promise that trade inside Muscovy, and Muscovian Europe will cause the city to flourish. In Muscovian Bulgaria, Muscovy sets up another province called Greece (same place as OTL Greece). Muscovy begins to divide the homeland into provinces also. In Greece, major forts and sea defences are constructed, and in the sea of Mamara the Muscovian defence fleet waits. Muscovy laughs at the CU's futile attempts to starve them, saying "We dare you to come in here, because if you do, you too will get eaten by the blizzard."
- The Celtic Union begins to set up its navy in the Mediterranean and Baltic Sea in order to prepare for the coming conflict. They ask France for an alliance against Muscovy in order to "Keep the Russian's pinned down in there God-forsaken snow wasteland and let them starve. The army and navy continue to be improved along with its infrastructure.
- BSE, you do realize that Russia was the most self-sufficient nation in Europe around these times. They aren't going to be heavily affected by a blockade. Also, where are you basing your ships out of in the Baltic? It's pretty far from Brittany, and both Norway and Denmark are pretty pro-Muscovite.
- Why are you blockading Muscovy? It is not going to do anything because Muscovy went into Extreme Isolation. The whole point of that is to not trade with other nations, so your blockade is only going to cost you.
- Norway conducts a series of campaigns against the Prus and Est. By May, OTL Estonia and coastal Latvia and Lithuania are taken. The army sweeps into Poland, razing Danzig to the ground. With the exception of the puppet-state of Sweden, their ally Denmark, and Russia, the Baltic is theirs. The fleet expands considerably.
- The Persians tell the Muscovites:
"We also consider you a great people, rich in culture and knowledge. You have some of the greatest armies and cultures. However, how can we, a Christian nation, burn against another Christian nation and brutally wipe it out? Jesus Christ says, "A house divided against itself cannon stand." We cannot be divided against fellow Christians. Also, He says, "He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword." If we do not have the decency to let another Christian nation retain some of its land, then we are not following Christian values. It is said that in heaven, the least will be first and the first will be last. We do not surrender to the fact that the Byzantine Empire will never return, such as the Celts. We will not back down. We keep demanding that the Byzantines get a little land around Constantinople. Thank you."
I keep saying, Byzantines can have Turkey, but I am not giving up Constantinople, it is valuable.
- France begins to take northern Africa.
- England sends a message to Scotland. They give them two choices either join England peacefully or join England by force. They give Scotland a year to respond.
- The German states ask the Nordic union to help them get rid of France since they have not left their territories.
- The Muscovian king outlines a ten-year plan for Muscovy to become a very powerful nation. The goals are
- create permanent settlements over the Ural mountains.
- build a thirty ship defence fleet in the Gulf of Finland.
- build a network of roads between major cities.
- increase farming production in the south.
- continue to stay isolated and out of European wars.
- build a large university in Moscow.
- hire many more steppe riders from the steppe and disband more of the regular militia.
- create a series of provinces that an official rules.
- create more specialized goods.
These nine goals are to be completed by 1128. Muscovy sends settlers over the mountains in the northern areas, scouting out land for a new city in the East. Ports are built in the Gulf of Finland, ready to start producing ships next near. A meeting of Muscovian officials in March start to outline the number and borers of the provinces. Muscovy continues to build defences in Greece. areas around the Caspian sea are expanded Eastward,and light defensive structures are built on the Persian border. Roads are planned and a few are started around major cities. The citizens are relatively happy even though they are isolated, because the government is saying that Muscovy will become the most powerful nation in the world. People in Muscovy become more and more "eastern", with Muscovy slowly becoming an Eastern power instead of a Western one because of the isolation.
- With help from Sibir and Komi guides, Norwegian parties cross the Pechora River and venture over the Urals. After several altercations with the natives, part of the army is brought in. They set out a tentative land claim; all the lands north of the confluence of the Tobol and the Ob west to the Yenisey are Norwegian. The army expands and improves.
Muscovy will not accept the Norwegian land claims
Could you state why you are unable to accept the claims?
- Persia expands south, and soon conquers the entire Arabian Peninsula. Trade increases with Africa, and Persia grows very rich.
Persia, you have to slow down your expansion.
- Persia offers an alliance to France. They also significantly bulk up their army and navy.
- England declares war on Scotland. So far the it is about even between the two countries, but England figures the resistance from the Scots will weaken.
- France continues to expand in Africa. They want to wait and further observe Persia's behavior before the French accept. However, the prospect is good.
- Norway solidifies their claim by moving in settlers into their land claims, mainly either Norwegians, Scots, or Germans. They, along with several thousand Sibir and Komi warriors, defeat the Samoyed at both Infa and Ukhta, wiping out any native resistance. Ports in the Baltic and White Sea are expanded to deal with this increase in traffic.
- About Norway's land claim, where exactly is it? According to my atlases, that is about two-thirds of central Russia. And Uktah is fairly deep in Muscovian territory
- Land Claims:
- Musocvy will not accept this land claim. That is too extreme. Will you give it up for Muscovian areas in the Baltic states and 10,000 steppe riders?
- How is this too extreme? Everything you have written about in Siberia is a good bit south of the claims; you have the entire steppe (which is very fertile btw)! My claim is completely taiga, with no natural resources besides fur and lumber. I will not accept this trade. Give me three good reasons why Russia of all places needs this land.
- 1. Muscovy has almost no places to get wood from (the steppe has basically no trees).
2. Muscovy fells threatened by the nations of Europe and is trying to gain as much land as possible.
3. This claim makes Muscovian defence very hard, because there is so much more border to defend.
4. After this you will just keep making large claims to land farther into Russia.
* 1: Yes, outside of that tiny little sliver of land we like to call European Russia, you have no trees.
2: Same for Norway; I'm not just doing this on a whim.
3: Err....no, actually. Nobody in their right mind is going to try to take an army through the taiga, it gives you a ready-made wall. Norway only moved troops along the coastal plain.
4: Point taken. I'm going straight east ;D
It's going to take you many years to settle the area you claimed, and what's going to stop me from making a claim of my own. I will respect your land claim and pay you a handsome profit for lumber or you will not expand east any more. Remember that the Muscovian armies greatly outnumber the Norwegian ones
I accept, but I doubt that your army is significantly larger than Norwegian forces.
I hope we do not have to find out. Muscovy has a larger population base, and armies of steppe rider, which, as proved by the Mongols, are much better than regular infantrymen.
You have a larger base population (though not as large as you might think, considering that I have a good bit of Germany), but I have to doubt the loyalty of your horsemen. Something tells me that they aren't fighting for the glory of the Russian state. Also, chances are we're going to be fighting in this not this. I'll leave it to you to decide who would have the advantage.
The Russians are used to hard conditions, but your point about the steppe riders is valid. They are slowly being integrated fully into Russia, and in the next thirty or so years, their sons will become riders and be fully loyal. The final answer is: Let's hope there is not a war between us. It would be disastrous.
Indeed. I think we should sign a non-aggression pact to give us some sense of security in Siberia. Whatdya say?
Muscovy expands dramatically because of land gains by the Norwegians. They expand in the north, creating the large town of Khanty at the crossing of the Ob and Irtysh Rivers. They also expand north of the city of Khanty. They ask Norway to make more definite land claims (I would like a map). Muscovy increases farming in the south again, and trade within Muscovy makes Constantinople boom again. Muscovy starts to make a large road network from major cities, of which Novgorod joins the group. More fortifications are created between Muscovy and Norway. Muscovy continues its strict isolation, and is angered by the probable alliance of Persia and France, seeing it as another betrayal. Muscovy allies with many Mongol tribes, having had important trade relations with them for over 20 years. More potent steppe riders are hired, and Muscovy commences a partial mobilization.
- What I want to know is why Muscovy is so hostile to France. Also, if Muscovy is so isolated, they will have no trade (making them poor), no allies to back them up in case of a war, and no way to get European technologies. Also, I think it may be a good time for a map...
- 1. Muscovy is the most self-supporting nation in Europe.
2. Asia is much more advanced than Europe in this time period (The Mongols invasion of Europe caused Europe to start to use gunpowder. If that had not happened then it would have been hundreds of years later)
3.Muscovy has allies in Asia, (much more powerful than European nations) and has a huge population base.
4. Muscovy feels France is abusing the rights of other nations. Muscovy does not trust European nations anymore. Muscovy is now and "Eastern" nation
- I don't see how France is abusing the rights of other nations. The Germans brought about their destruction. France gave lots of states to Italy after the war. France took Aragon and Navarre. I mean, if they wouldn't do it, somebody would. Also, I think it may be map time. Let me post a map real quickly.
- I said Muscovy fells this way. That doesn't mean it is true.
- Persia improves their interior
- Despite the tough resistance from Scotland, the English is slowly making progress. The English think that Scotland will fall in a couple of years..
- Muscovy expands to the Persia border and a little around the Aral Sea. More people move over the mountains, especially in the south where the land is fairly fertile. Architects begin planning for a massive university in the city of Moscow, the largest university ever built. The plans are to be completed next year and the construction will take another 4-6 years. This is another large step in the wish for all people in Muscovy to be educated. Muscovy stops building the road system for a few years, except in vital areas. They switch to improving their cities and military efficiency.
- France takes more African territory.
- A Norwegian vessel carrying the Archbishop of Riga to Lisbon is blown off course by a squall and finds themselves in the Azores. They gather supplies and claim the land for Norway. They return to Lisbon, where the captain of the vessel tells two other Norwegian merchant captains of the islands and their claim. Hoping to gain a substantial reward for defending the claim, the three captains expend much of their available capital to hire mercenaries (mostly Norwegians, Germans and Borderers) to secure the claim. Two of the vessels continue to ferry troops and supplies between Europe and the islands, while a single ship returns speedily home and tells the kings of the find. They back up and officiate his claim, and dispatch 12 vessels to secure the islands, expected to arrive early next year. Meanwhile, settlement continues in Siberia. Letters of claim are dispatched to all nations of Europe to inform them of the discovery, and all arrive safely by year's end.
- Scotland calls on its old allies Italy and France to help repel the English invasion (I haven't been able to access the Internet recently).
- France warns England to stop the invasion of Scotland and pay for damages or war.
- England stops the invasion of Scotland and pay the damages.
- Persia again offers an alliance to France. They bulk up their army and navy.
- Muscovy signs a non-aggression pact with Norway, one of the first international relation in many years.Muscovy allies with more Mongol tribes, and increases the amount of soldiers in the army. The university in Moscow begins to build, it is planned to be an enormous complex and is beautifully painted and designed. Thousands of farmers have been assigned to build this marvel for a mediocre amount of money. Meanwhile, Muscovian officials come together again after two years and decide to announce the new province system in three to four years.
The Celtic Union, after observation, calls off its blockade of Muscovy and begins to look at the homeland once more; they declare war on England, in order to expand its power and influence and reinforce there forts in Wales.
- Upon hearing this, England moves it troops from the Scottish invasion and moved them toward Wales.
- The new Scottish king lays out his plans for a grand Scotland, with trade routes throughout Europe, and the finest education system in the world. With the money granted from England, Scotland bolsters its navy both martial and merchant.
- France expands more in Africa. They try to broker peace between Celtia and England.
- England will accept peace with Celtic Union if they give Wales to England and pay reparations.
Meanwhile English troops move closer to Wales.
- The Celtic Union refuses and begins setting up defenses in what's still controlled of Wales. The navy begins to establish a ring around Ireland, firing only at the nearest enemy vessel.
- Upon hearing this England decides to focus mostly on Wales. They are thinking of doing a scorched Earth policy (i.e. destroying villages, farms) in Wales or offering a bribe for the citizens of Wales being loyal to England.
- Muscovy Says that it will stay neutral in an upcoming war if Muscovian interests are protected. Many people in Muscovy feel that Muscovy should declare war on The Celtic Union for their disaster of a blockade of Muscovy, and most officials in Muscovy have anti-Celtia opinions, but the king states: "We will not be involved in some petty European war. They attack each other to gain a small amount of land and a large amount of casualties." Muscovy expands the border with Persia in the south and starts to wrap along Norway's claim to access some forests. Muscovy begins to have an interest in the Swedish iron ore, contemplating buying some from Norway.
- Persia improves their transportation.
- Norway opens trade with Muscovy and sells them lumber and iron ore in exchange for exotic Eastern goods. Settlement in Iceland, Greenland, and Siberia continues, while the navy is built up.
- Scotland offers an alliance with the Celtic union. After only a year of the Grand Scotland project, Scottish goods can be seen throughout Europe, with wool and whiskey being exported for the first time commercially, the Scottish economy looks on the up.
- England stops all payments to Scotland.
- England sends an emissary to France telling at great expense they stopped the invasion of Scotland and ask France to end the alliance with the Celtic Union and Scotland or once they conquer Wales they will attack Scotland again.
- The Celtic Union accepts, they begin to transfer personal from Ireland to Wales to assist in the last defensive line.
- England decides to call up more troops and attack Wales from two fronts.
- Scotland attacks England both on land and sea, using the fact that the English force are fighting the Welsh and the Irish to their advantage, Scottish forces capture Middlesborough by March and claim it as their own.
- England sends an emissary to France to tell them that if they don't stop the Scotland they will take care of them once they take care of Wales. The did agree to cease war against Scotland, they expect them to agree upon the terms also.
- England splits the northern forces to defend the land from Scotland. Meanwhile English forces has reached Wales. So far they have overcame the Celtic Union defenses and reached some of the villages. The English give the occupants two choices. Fight for England or your village will be destroyed. Some villages comply and some don't. Those that don't comply have seen their livestock, and other foods taken. Also the villages are burnt to the ground leaving survivors homeless and with no food.
- Please do not try to control the interior of another country, Germany
- Is either in French Territory or under French influence. If Germany is attacked, France will help Germany. This is void if Germany tries to rebel. France can, and will, invade the rest of Germany.
- Is mainly a bunch of independent states now (unless it was claimed by France).
- Will have no backup. They are a lost cause and any rebellion will be put down by France.
hehe I think they might have some support from other corners.
Like an isolated country that has fled from Europe?
Ahem...a country deciding to grow powerful on their own. Yeah, they might support this
Your edit is implausible and will be deleted.
- England asks for an alliance with Norway.
England, could you contain your posts to one or two per year? This is too many and it is clogging up the years. It would be very helpful.
- Muscovy laughs at all these futile wars happening in Europe, as thousands of men die for the smallest piece of land. The people in Muscovy are reassured that Muscovy's isolation is a good thing. The university in Moscow begins to be built, with the foundations of the massive structure built this year. Road construction begins again, and the goal is set for four years until the network is completed. The towns in the south grow as more people try to make a living by farming. Muscovy asks Norway, the only European country that it is in contact with, to stay out of the European war. Muscovy asks for a more formal alliance.
- France continues to improve its interior. It declares that the English/Celtic War is none of France's business.
- Norway continues to colonize Greenland and Iceland, as well as the Azores and Siberia. The Azores have around 15,000 people (most employed in the fishing and shepherding trade), while Iceland and Greenland have around three times that. They continue to built up their naval forces, and fortify the Orkneys, Shetlands and Faroes. They do not accept Muscovy's offer of alliance, but instead propose a free-trade agreement to lessen restrictions on each other's traders in their nations. They also deny England's offer of alliance, wishing to remain neutral in the affairs of the world.
- Persia improves their transportation and bulks up their army and navy.
- France takes more of Africa.
- Muscovy accepts Norway's offer of a free trade alliance, and both countries increase trade. More Mongol tribes ally with Muscovy , and Muscovy starts to formally annex them into the country. Further east, Mongol tribes are creating an anti-Muscovy alliance, determined to stop the growing power of Muscovy. Muscovy moves north and annexes lands around the border with Norway to try to get access to some trees and lumber. Muscovy continues building the university, with the minor buildings completed this year.
- Scotland begins to fortify Middlesbourgh and capture Lancaster by May having to only fight half of the English army
- The Celtic Union finally releases its trap: Re-enforcements that have been secretly been transported last days counter-attack the Anglo forces (Im just going to use that term for men under England); The Celtic Union demands that England denounce its military from Wales and end the war where it stands. The terms would be to simply go back to pre-borders and little else except each side would pay for damages.
- Persia expands into the Somali Peninsula.
- France continues to expand in Africa. Meanwhile, they consult with other leaders to make an important decision: should the European nations fund any anti-Muscovian alliances?
- Just a random question but what threats have the Muscovites made since the whole Byzantine conflict? Your constant warmongering against the Russians has done nothing to help the situation. If you intend to violate Muscovy's sovereignty, then we will support them.
- They threatened France with war unless France stopped expanding. France created a defensive pact with most of Europe in an 'F you' move to Muscovy. Muscovy backed out of European politics after that. Muscovy probably figured they wouldn't see much profit from Europe now that most nations didn't trust them. Now, Muscovy is getting trouble from the Mongols and France was just thinking about funding the Mongols. France has no interest in actually invading; just making sure Muscovy doesn't forget about Europe.
- What? How on earth were you funding Mongol tribes in the far eastern area of OTL Russia. Besides, they are a lot weaker than my western Mongol allies. By the way, you can see that most nations (at least all the powerful ones) are on my side in this.
- Persia and Norway. They're powerful because there is 'nothing' to oppose them to the east. Maybe Celtia will join you. France has taken over most of Western Europe. We have African territory with us, our European territory, the Hashashins, and possibly Celtia and Italy. If France is somehow some third world nation right now, please tell me why you think that. Besides, I wasn't funding them yet; I was consulting with other leaders to decide whether or not. If we did, we could have used Persian trade routes.
- You forgot Poland and Wallachia (I think. AKA the country south of Poland border Muscovy), they are weak but they border Muscovy, making it natural for them to join on Muscovy's side. Muscovy's politics influence them greatly and trade relations between them and Muscovy would be very valuable. Also, if Celtia joins one of the pacts, Scotland will probably follow. By the way, How much of Africa do you have, your posts have no description. Also, this is turning into some Cold War kind of thing with east vs. west.
- Let me post a map. This is like a cold war thing. Kind of fun.
- Muscovy hears France's proposition and laughs. "Any army will die in the blizzard before they can even touch Muscovy." Muscovy nonetheless declares partial mobilization of forces to face the threat, and Mongol allies are called in to defend Muscovy. Muscovy begins to expand to the south, and sends ambassadors to Norway to ask for an alliance with Muscovy should France attack. Muscovy also begins to come in contact with China, and the leaders of Muscovy and the leaders of China (the Song dynasty) begin to trade between themselves. This shows a further "Easternization" of Muscovy.
- Norway finally accepts the offer of alliance from Muscovy. They mobilize their formidable navy, and prepare to close the Øresund in the event of war. Their various holdings in the North Atlantic are further fortified. They ask for a separate, defensive alliance with the Celtic Union.
- Persia once again asks Muscovy for an alliance, and offers apologies for any earlier conflict. They also bulk up their army and navy.
- Muscovy accepts. Will Persia help Muscovy if France attacks Muscovy?
- The Celtic Union asks France for support against England in exchange for an anti-Muscovy alliance. But unfortunately, later that year a French ship is sunk, being mistaken for a English warship. The Celtic Union, knowing that any alliance with France is all but impossible, ask, beg, and plead Muscovy for help in exchange to join their pact. (sorry, was using my younger brother's account). Meanwhile, Celtic troops continue to push the Anglos out and they soon secure South West England after severe fighting in the area.
- Muscovy would be glad to create an alliance with you. Remember, this alliance is for DEFENCE only, not to attack other countries
- The Hashashins join the anti-Muscovian pact. They tell the other nations not to attack first, let Muscovy, or possibly Persia, attack first.
- Persia and Muscovy will NOT attack first. Our alliance was a DEFENSE alliance.
- Muscovy would like you to not join the anti-Muscovy alliance, we have no intention of invading any other country, just protecting our own.
- A fleet is sent for Celtia. The French ask if the Celtics had declared war. After they said no, the French fleet left. However, they wish for the captain of the ship that sunk a French vessel to attend a trial to determine his punishment. Meanwhile, they urge Celtia to join the anti-Muscovian pact. In return, the French will offer protection to Celtia from England if needed. Furthermore, they tell the Celtics that bargaining with the Muscovians is a lost cause; they don't care for Europe at all (I wonder how they somehow figured out about the pact if they left Europe behind anyway...) They urge the nations of Europe not to attack first. If a European nation attacks first, they are on their own.
- Muscovy is not completely oblivious, thank you very much. An attack on Muscovy would not end well, the winter would kill off the troops. Besides, Muscovy has powerful friends (Persia, Norway and most Mongol tribes)
- Muscovy creates the "Big Three" alliance with Muscovy, Norway and Persia, along with various Mongol tribes. Border nations like Poland debate whether to join the alliance, and Muscovy promises they will not invade any European country. Muscovy pledges its support to the creation of a German state Outside of French territory, not wanting to anger the French. By the way, can someone make a map of Europe so we can see the borders of the countries better?
- There already is a German country outside of France under France's protection, thanks. I do, however, agree that we need a better map.
- France continues to urge Celtia not to join Muscovy. They insist that Muscovy will turn their backs on them when the conflict is over. Meanwhile, they offer a deal to Muscovy and Persia: the mongol tribes will not be funded by France. In return, Persian trade routes will open, allowing France access to the east. If Muscovy denies, the Mongol tribes will be funded by France and the Hashashins and French will open the trade routes FOR Persia. Meanwhile, France begins to annex Hungary.
- I have repeatedly told you that Norway opposes nations (namely, France) that violate other nations' sovereignty without provocation. Here is just another example of your continued expansionist policies. If such policies continue, then our opposition will continue. Also, if you look on the map, you can see that neither France nor its German puppets even border Hungary. How does one go about annexing a nation when it shares no connection with it?
- If so, I probably meant Poland. Sorry about that. WE NEED LABELS.
- Umm...Poland is even farther to the east than Hungary, and yes we need labels.
- Muscovy denies France's offer of a deal, and warns them that they France will find themselves faced with a Muscovian funded African resistance. More tribes are annexed, and Poland, Wallachia and Hungary (because they are worried about losing their country) join the Muscovian League. Muscovy warns France not to take over any more of Hungary or there will be war. Muscovian, Polish, Wallachian, and Mongol troops are moved into Hungary, waiting to defend the country. Muscovy urges Norway and Persia to protect the rights of Hungary now that it is in the league. Muscovy promises good trading reations and much wealth if they join the league. Muscovy allies with China, and China sends a small army up north to face the enemy mongols. Full mobilization is declared as thousands of Mongol warriors and hundreds of thousands of troops prepare for battle.
- We were taking Hungary peacefully. I will continue to take Hungary peacefully. Why would a country in Europe ally themselves with a country in a self-imposed exile anyway?
- I'm obviously not in exile anymore. I came when the need arose. Hungary does not want to be taken over, so back out immediately.
- You both need to calm the hell down.
- Agreed. This is turning into a Cold War a thousand years early, West versus East. The Warsaw Pact, Muscovy, Persia, Wallachia, Poland, Hungary, Mongol tribes, China versus NATO, France, Hashashins (Israel), Italy, and the rest of Europe. It's getting out of control.
- Is taking over heavily populated Spain and parts of Germany really plausible in 25 years? I don't know how you are blaming this on me, Russia is nowhere near as valuable as Europe. Besides, you are spending all your time on attacking, while I have been building up. Also, I am pretty much at the border between "Western" and Eastern" Asia, so I won't expand for 50 or so years. I have a deal. Give western Spain back its own country and withdraw from Hungary, promising not to try to take it over again, and I will not expand for another 20 years (probably more).
- I am not blaming you. It's just getting out of control, with two power blocs squaring off against each other. Also, I agree with you on the Spain and Germany part.
- I am trying to keep the number of nations at a maximum, because to many have had one country take over Europe and decimate everyone else. Its not you blaming me, its Crimson. (he saying this is all my fault and that he is expanding because I am being completely unrealistic). This is making me very frustrated.
- We both share the blame. I'm NOT giving up Spain or Africa, but I will slow down from now on. In fact, I'm going to take resistance into account from now on when I expand.
- OK, I agree. I think we should set up other nations (like setting up nations in Africa and me setting up Something like a Mongol Republic or an Indian republic). Also, I am going to make a revolution inside of Muscovy soon, and the outcome might be a pro-France Muscovy. Can you not take over any more European countries also? (I won't either).
- Persia open trade relations with Hungary, and allies itself with it. Persia also sends troops to Hungary and tells the French that any move against Hungary will result in France facing the full wrath of the Persia, Norway, Muscovy, Poland, Hungary, and Wallachia. Persia also bulks up their army and navy.
- The Hashashins try to broker peace between Muscovy and France. Small chance. However, they do point out that they are on France's side.
- Norway mobilizes its considerable military and continues to fortify their ports. They establish a defensive line along the full length of the Elbe to prevent the French and Germans from advancing to their valuable Baltic ports. The navy is, as always, expanded.
- France, don't come up with a crazy way to beat all these countries at once, because it is implausible. And you'll also face the wrath of the Mongols.
Map Time! Add your changes! If you want to view the map, click on it. If you want to edit, just copy and paste it WITHOUT left clicking on it. Just right click, copy, and then paste on Paint or whatever. DO NOT POST AS A THUMBNAIL! POST IN FULL SIZE!
Our Maps must be in good quality, like this one. Anyone that does not fill completely when "filled" on Paint will be deleted and replaced with a better one.
'Bout time. CrimsonAssassin 22:42, February 3, 2011 (UTC)
Thank you PitaKang 23:22, February 3, 2011 (UTC)
Rougejedi, your map was not good quality so I replaced it with mine.
I know, I cant stop my paint program from blending the colors. Does anyone know how to stop it?
Um, the Celtic Union took back Wales. Didn't one of my edits say that?
I'm sorry I didn't post in so long a time. I had lost interest in this map game. But now I'm returning. You forgot in your map that France gave back Italy its Italiano holdings. May I add them in the map? Fedelede 23:46, February 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Scotland improves its trade with Norway and France, the first Scottish trading ships are seen in North Africa and parts of the Middle East.
I just want to bring everyone's attention to this, because it ruins many map games. DO NOT speed up your expansion or takeover just because someone else is being implausible. For example, I was speeding up my expansion too much and then France started taking over all these countries to try to counter it. Next time just tell the person and they will change it or it will be deleted. DON'T make this another absurdly implausible map game. Roguejedi 18:37, February 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Muscovy, under pressure by many European nations, invites France to the Berlin Conference to figure out a way to avoid a war. Muscovy also begins working with Indians (India, not North America) to help create their own national state. Vikramaditya VI, the Indian king of the Western Chalukya Empire, died this year and the throne was passed on to Somesvara III, a scholar who loved literature. Muscovy offers him funds and resources to expand his empire, and with Muscovy's help the Empire starts to grow. Mongol tribes under Muscovy's rule start to grow restless as there is no war going on. Muscovy urges France to create nations for African tribes in Northern Africa.
- There is a rebellion in Persia from the Kurds in southern Turkey and Northern Iraq. Persia requests Muscovian troops to help put down the rebellion.
- Norway continues to fortify the Elbe Line and their islands in the North Atlantic. Eleven forts (somewhere between an early Norman motte-and-bailey castle and a Roman fort) are built from Dresden through Hamburg, and the Norwegian enclave of Bremerhaven is fortified to prevent French vessels from exiting the Weser from Bremen in the event of war. Engineers are sent to Buda and Gyor to prevent attacks on Hungary by German forces following the course of the Danube. Plans for the fortification of Krakow are also made, but Norway lacks both the manpower and the capital to do this while fortifying Hungary. King Sigurd asks for the Muscovites to assist them in this.
Could someone put the Song dynasty and the Western Chalukya Empire on the next map, along with other Asian countries.
- France decides that an effective way to prevent war is to either:
- Set a treaty line where France/Muscovy cannot conquer.
- Restrict Muscovian/French expansion in Europe.
Meanwhile, France continues to expand in Africa, this time south. However, they begin encountering much resistance. France also demands Norwegian interference to immediately cease. This is now a strictly French/Muscovian diplomatic affair.
How have we been "interfering"? We are defending ourselves!
I'm not sure that "prolong" is the right word. It makes it seem like you want a long war. Anyway, I haven't ever conquered any parts of Europe?
Thanks for catching me. I meant to say prevent. I hate it when that happens. Anyway, as for your interference, you are blockading and fortifying rivers when Muscovy and France are settling things out. So go home. You aren't defending yourselves, you're trying to prevent French expansion, which I get. However, like I said, this is Mucovian/French business now. We'll agree to stop expanding in Europe if Muscovy decides that's the right option.
Thing is, Norway owns the Elbe. It is indeed a matter of defense. I'm the only player other than BSE that borders on your lands. We are simply preparing for the possibility that we may not in fact reach an end to this conflict that does not displease any parties involved. Also, it is not simply a French-Muscovian affair in the least. The fate of Europe hangs in the balance. Not to mention that your whole Berlin Conference thingy is in Norwegian territory so IDK why you would think it's only between you two guys. I'm smack-dab in the middle of the conflict both physically and metaphorically!
This is between not Muscovy and France, but the entire pact on both sides. Persia, Norway, Muscovy and all the nations in the pact get a say.
On another note who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl?
- Muscovy outlines a plan for an international European congress, where three nations from each pact will come together and make decisions on common problems.
- Tunisia send an alliance offer to the Hashashins. They also decide to sign some edicts declaring the state a merchant republic and promoting free trade and plutocracy.