This is a profile page for the Ethiopian Empire in the US Civil War (Map Game).
This nation is currently ruled by the nəgusä nägäst (Emperor) of Ethiopia: Yohannes IV, from the House of Solomon Tigrean Branch since 1870. His son HIH Araya Selassie Yohannes is the crown prince of Ethiopia and future emperor.
- 1868.6: Tekle Giyorgis II is crowned nəgusä nägäst (emperor) of Ethiopia
- 1869: Civil war starts between Emperor Tekle Giyorgis II & Yohannes IV
- 1870: Yohannes IV defeats Tekle Giyorgis II, who is executed. Yohannes IV is declared nəgusä nägäst (emperor) of Ethiopia
- 1870.6: OTL Djibouti is conquered by Ethiopia. Port in Tadjourah is leased to Prussia in return for infrastructure help and the creation of the Djibouti-Addis Ababa railway. Ethiopia joins the Entente.
- 1871: The Djibouti-Addis Ababa railway is completed. The industrialization of Ethiopia properly starts and Ethiopia expands further into expanding further into OTL Somalia and Eritrea
- 1871.6: Ethiopian ports established in Yemen
- 1872: Ethiopia completes their conquest of OTL Somalia and Eritrea
- 1872.6: Ethiopian battleships are constructed, the country continues to modernize and they push into Yemen and south Sudan
- 1873: Campaign to convert everybody in the Empire to Christianity starts
- 1873.6: Ethiopian colony of Sheba is established in OTL Yemen
- 1874: Ethiopia invades the island of Socotra and takes it over.
- 1874.6: Agreement with Britain on the borders in Hejaz. Abrahamism is established in Sheba and many people begin to convert to the new religion.
- 1875: Agreement with Britain on borders in Sudan, established along the 16th parallel north. Abrahamism spreads throughout the empire, expansion into OTL Yemen, Sudan and North Kenya continues. Ethiopian rail network begins to expand further.
- 1875.6: Large agricultural projects start in Ethiopia to feed the growing population and campaigns for the expulsion of white foreigners begin.
- 1876: Ethiopia tightens her grip on the Sudan as many farms and plantations are set up in the fertile Nile basin. The Ethiopian Navy annex Zanzibar after a short war.
- 1876.6: The Ethiopian rail network expands which makes expansion easier. Ethiopia annex the kingdom of Buganda. A shake up in the governance of the land and splits Ethiopia into several Imperial districts, and the creation of border line territory, where Ethiopia has recently expanded into and martial law is in effect.
- 1877: Ethiopia and the Ottoman Empire sign an agreement and divide unclaimed Arabia between them. The Sudan campaigns ends, and the kingdom of Darfur becomes a protectorate of Ethiopia.
- 1877.6: Ethiopia leaves the Entente and joins the league of Emperors. The army finishes its campaigns in Arabia and Tanzania.