Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| Emperor of the French, of the French Empire|
Empereur des Français
|First monarch:||Napoléon I|
|Formation:||18 May 1804|
|Residence:||Tuileries Palace, Paris, France|
The Emperor of the French (French: Empereur des Français) was the primary title of the monarchs of the French Empire from 1804 to 1814, and again from 1815 onward. The title was first created by Napoléon Bonaparte, who crowned himself in 1804, and its formation instigated the beginning of the Napoleonic Wars, which lasted from 1804 until 1815.
The title was established with the intent of maintaining absolute power, and it remained that way until ????.
History of the title
Powers and duties
List of Emperors of the French
- Napoléon I, reigned 18 May 1804 – 11 April 1814 & 20 March 1815 – 6 September 1840
- Napoléon II, reigned 6 September 1840 – 13 April 1857
- Napoléon III, reigned 13 April 1857 – 21 August 1876
- Louis, reigned 21 August 1876 – 4 June 1879
- Napoléon IV, reigned 4 June 1879 – 30 January 1907