| Emancipation Archives|
This page is an archive of the Emancipation map game. Please do not edit the contents of this page. Direct any additional comments to the current talk page.
|19th century||1861 • 1864||1865 • 1869||1870 • 1874||1875 • 1879||1880 • 1884||1885 • 1889||1890 • 1894||1895 • 1899|
|20th century||1900 • 1904||1905 • 1909||1910 • 1914||1915 • 1919||1920 • 1924||1925 • 1929||1930 • 1934||1935 • 1939||1940 • 1944||1945 • 1949||1950 • 1954||1955 • 1959||1960 • 1964||1965 • 1969||1970 • 1974||1975 • 1979||1980 • 1984||1985 • 1989||1990 • 1994||1995 • 1999|
|21st century||2000 • 2004||2005 • 2009||2010 • 2014||2015 • 2017|
The self-proclaimed Republics of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia secede from the United States in defiance to the election of Abraham Lincoln to the Presidency. Starting on February 4, the rebelling states join the newly-established Confederate States of America, which enshrines slavery in its constitution, in contrast to Lincoln's election platform of anti-slavery and slave emancipation. A Confederate attack on the US Fort Sumter on April 12 begins the American Civil War.
Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias Tsar Alexander II Romanov issues the Emancipation Manifesto on March 3, proclaiming the abolition of serfdom throughout the Empire. He grants former serfs the full rights of free citizens. Peasants are now able to purchase land from their former landlords. However, a two-year transition period means that the peasant is obligated as before to the old land-owner; large parts of common land are passed to the major land-owners as otrezki ("cut off lands"), making many forests, roads and rivers accessible only for a fee. The peasants must also pay the landowner for their allocation of land in a series of redemption payments, which are used to compensate the landowners with bonds.
The Bamana Empire is conquered by the Toucouleur Empire.
The Kingdom of Italy is founded on March 17.
The First Taranaki War ends in New Zealand on March 18.
The Free Cities of Menton and Roquebrune, after a plebiscite, is annexed to France.
The Nian Rebellion, which began in 1851 as a response from northern Chinese rebels to the Qing government's failure to render aid to northern China after two floods, continues. It causes immense economic devastation and loss of life on both sides. Meanwhile, the Miao Rebellion which started in 1854 ravages the Guizhou province in response to an increase in taxes due to the also ongoing Taiping Rebellion.
The Herzegovina Uprising, which began in 1852 as a response from Herzegovinian tribes to the Ottoman general Omar Pasha's order to disarm the Herzegovinians, continues. General Pasha continues to find ways to end the uprising, but is unsuccessful.
The Cochinchina Campaign which began in 1858 continues between the armies of France and Spain, and those of Dai Nam. A French war of conquest, the French and Spanish make great gains in southern Vietnam and France creates the Cochinchina colony.
The Federal War between Venezuelan Federalists and Centralists continues.
The Colombian Civil War between the Granadine Confederation and the rebelling Federal State of Cauca continues.
The Chilean government continues to fight against the self-proclaimed Kingdom of Araucanía and Patagonia in the south in a series of military campaigns known as the Occupation of Araucanía.
- United Kingdom We strengthen our territorial borders with fresh troops from all over the Empire, fearing great unrest from overseas, especially at our Canadian borders with the United States. Queen Victoria is our current monarch. She and her consort Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha are the centre of a hugely publicised romance, and their popularity has skyrocketed. In regards to the American Civil War, the aristocracy have voiced support for the Confederacy, while public opinion is with the Union. Queen Victoria believes that seizing some territories from the Union would be beneficial for the Empire, and so secretly issues the orders to prepare the Empire for entry into the Civil War on the side of the Confederacy. Meanwhile, in Parliament currently is a bill to reorganise the Empire such that the colonies become fully integrated parts in a new, solidified empire. In Asian affairs we begin negotiations with Japan to secure a military alliance. The UK Government allows the formation of the British West Africa Company, which will oversee the establishment of new colonies for Britain in West Africa, and the expansion of existing ones. Our colonies in Africa expand by 20 px each.
- Japan at this time is still largely isolationist and xenophobic ...
- Hawaii: We increase our troop numbers and send an exploration south to Tahiti to gain more knowledge about the region. With the American Civil war, we declare absolute neutrality, seeing as this plays no part in Hawaiian interests. Our current monarch is Kamehameha IV.
- British Raj: A new Viceroy is appointed to run India. He sets out his new plan to make the British Empire's Jewel more polished. He sets up the new scheme refereed to as the business innovation scheme. The Indian government loan money to private investors at below market interest rates for them to then invest that money into factories, railways, irrigation and other projects. We request the aid of United Kingdom to help finance this scheme. We keep taxes low on people earning money through new development.
- UK legislation: Parliament passes this year's Bill Act, and agrees to invest aid into Indian development.
- Papal States: Pope Pius IX is pleased to hear of the emancipation of the serfs in Russia, yet expresses concern over the clouds of war looming over America, and calls for the Church to pray and act towards peace. Foremost in His Holiness' mind, however, is the declaration creating a united Kingdom of Italy. Having lost the Eastern states to the new Kingdom, His Holiness is determined to maintain at least a modicum of temporal power, and calls upon emperors Napoleon III of France and Franz-Joseph of Austria-Hungary to provide (or in the former's case, continue to provide) troops to protect the remaining states in Latinum. Efforts to improve Rome's university are redoubled, with special focus on expanding the Mathematical, Legal, and Scientific faculties; the Theological and Liberal Arts faculties being considered at least adequate. In the wake of the drama caused by the Mortara Affair a few years ago, and in light of the emancipation of serfs in Russia and the election of an anti-slavery President in the United States, Pius IX's ministers suggest abolishing the Jewish Ghetto in Rome. His Holiness will make his decision next year.
- Italian Diplomacy: We look to negotiate a peaceful end to the Roman Question. We offer the pope full sovereignty over Vatican City along with freedom from taxation of all church lands within Italy in exchange for Rome and the surrounding territory.
- Austrian Diplomacy: After our humiliating defeats against the Kingdom of Italy, Emperor Franz-Joseph is not willing to increase tensions with the newly founded state, instead he wants to focus elsewhere, so Pope Pius IX request is declined.
- Papal Diplomacy: With Austria-Hungary declining, Pius IX is-against his better judgment and after much huffing and puffing- prevailed upon by his advisors to agree to negotiate with Italy. A Papal Nuncio is sent to Florence, and he presents a few minor adjustments to Italy's offer: the Pope maintains full sovereignty over the Leonine City (including the Castel d'Sant Angelo, so effectively the Vatican plus some extra blocks allowing it access to the River Tiber, still only 1.5-2 times the OTL size of the Vatican) and the Summer residence of Castel Gandolfo (including access to the Lake there), plus extraterritoriality over the buildings in black in this map. In return, the Holy See will recognise the new kingdom of Italy, recognise Rome as its capital, maintain neutrality in conflicts, and the Pope shall agree to crown Victor Emmanuel in a coronation in the Archbasilica of Saint John Lateran if he so wishes.
- Italian Diplomacy: We agree and would be honored for a coronation by the Pope
- Araucanía and Patagonia: King Orélie-Antoine I, monarch of the kingdom, decide to organise his army and post troops on the border between the Araucanía and the Patagonia, fearing the forces of Chile. He offer to the Chilean government to let them have Araucanía in exchange of recognition (MOD answer needed). He also ask for both the Second French Empire and the Empire of Brazil for an alliance and to be recognised as an independent and legitimate nation.
- Chilean soldiers have already invaded Araucanía and are steadily advancing. War with Chile is already underway.
- Araucania and Patagonia (OOC): So they are invading my territories in Argentina (Patagonia)?
- Belgium:We start arming our troops more. We also train some so that we can defend an attack from all sides. We also begin to send settlers to Africa.
- Portugal: We look to expand our frontiers in Africa, via trade or force. Due to us being unaware of any British intentions of intervening in the American Civil War due to our alliance, and the fact that the war provides no benefit for the nation, we declare neutrality in the conflict (although should the UK decide to go to war, we might assist).
- Joseon: Korea ends its foreign policy of harsh isolationism and opens two port cities (Busan and Incheon) to foreign trade. Korea begins to invest money in the construction of basic infrastructure (such as roads, residential buildings) and begins to shift towards the factory system from the putting-out-system in order to increase production and to start industrialisation, and economic catch-up with the West. A policy of westernisation in all sectors of society begins, as the government thinks that the Eastern way of thought is incompatible with industrialisation and economic modernisation. Rapid population growth begins once again after decades of stagnation due to increase agricultural output.
- Japan (Tokugawa Shogunate): We as shogun begin making attempts to end this divided Japan by beginning to under rule the power of the samurai in the Japanese society. We increase the rice output of our provinces and increase the size of our navy. We open the port of Nagasaki to exclusivley british trade. We begin to increase our navy size and diplomaticly request from The United Kingdom to lend us production rights to their modern ships to make 20 ships over the course of two years. We also request investment in our infrastructure from The United Kingdom and wish for them to help us build factories and roads.
- Spain: Economy, infrastructure and military improve. Population continues to grow, roads and farms are built or improved and cities continue to grow. More residential buildings, cultural and public buildings, commercial buildings, militaristic buildings, educational buildings and factories are built. Begins to colonize Western Sahara by sending Spanish settlers and builds new cities and made trade with local tribes living in the area. Spanish Guinea also continues to expend faster by 20 px. Asks United Kingdom, Italy and Prussia for alliance.
- Italian Diplomacy: We accept your alliance offer.
- Netherlands: Economy is expanded. Navy is expanded. Dutch stuff is done. We make guns. We request trade agreements with UK, France, Spain, Portugal and Russia.
- Portuguese Dip: We accept.
- UK Diplomacy: We politely decline trade with the Netherlands at this time, but we remain open to agreements in the future.
- Russian Diplomacy: We accept the establishment of trade agreements.
- Italy: While Italy has been officially united tensions remain high between the Northern and Southern parts of the country. Florence is establish as the temporary capital while Rome will be the official capital when it is acquired. The kingdom remains as a constitutional monarchy with Cavour becoming the first Prime Minister. But following his death in June, the king appoints another hero of unification, Guiseppe Garibaldi, as the next Prime minister, sighting his strong support from the common people and the military. The government begins to fund public schools across the country to fight illiteracy. An official army is formed around a core of veterans from the Italian Wars of Unification. The government begins to pour money into industrial growth by funding factory creation. We offer trade agreements to the UK, France, Prussia, and Spain.
- Austrian Diplomacy: We offer the Kingdom of Italy a chance to settle our disputes, agreeing to give them all every territory we possess that is inhabited by an ethnic Italian majority (Veneto, South Tyrol, Friuli, Trieste, not Istria), in exchange for an alliance (and help in a possible war against Prussia) and a proper compensation for those territories, respecting the locals wishes, while also seeking greater stability in the area.
- Italian Diplomacy: We agree to the Austrian proposal and offer ten million Lire in compensation.
- UK Diplomacy: We congratulate Italy for its recent unification and agree to the establishment of trade between Italy and the British Empire.
- Ottoman Empire: We continue to build our military and military presence in all of our empire, this hopes to dwell the chance of rebellion. We mainly build our army and not our navy. We focus more on our military presence in the Balkans. With ongoing disputes with Macedonia, we begin an invasion of the country. A force of 100,000 men pour over the border and crush Macedonian troops. We hope this war will be over by the end of the year. We continue to work on our foreign policy. We begin to unify all the people of the Ottoman Empire, by promoting cultural events like festivals and sporting events. We also propose the 'Ottoman Games' to be held every two years in the country with a selected host city each games. The first one will hopefully be held in 1663. We also decide to NOT expand anywhere in Africa or Arabia yet due to focus on other areas at the moment. Our top acheolgist begin to plan a possible canal that'll conect the Red Sea with the Mediteranian. We decide to remain neutral in the American Civil War. We also promote modern laws. We would like an alliance with Austria-Hungary and Britain. In the Austrian one we will give up all claim we have in Europe (except from Macedonia) and will help them in any future wars if they help us. We would also like to have trade agreements with any nations which would accept them.
- Austrian Diplomacy: Seeking a greater stability in the area, we accept Ottoman Empire's alliance and trade offers.
- British Guiana: We begin to build the military and invest the economy in our colonised territory. Although, we continue to build the buildings whilst we recruit troops mostly. The bunkers and fortresses will be planned to built. We hope to improve the relations with UK and probably improve much better.
- Russian Empire: The year is marked by the emancipation of the serfs, but many other developments take place in what Emperor Alexander II is calling "a great year for the Russian people." After years of planning, the new emancipation laws go into effect to the celebration of the over 23 million serfs in the Russian Empire. Alexander II also decides to go ahead with sweeping military reforms, led by Minister of War Dmitry Milyutin. The compulsory military service of the peasantry of 25 years is repealed and instead replaced with a six-year compulsory military service for all males aged 21 - regardless of social status. The government invests in military infrastructure, creating military districts, providing adequate barracks and forts in each district, and beginning construction of rail lines to connect the districts. We expand throughout the rest of the Caucasus and the Third Section works to eliminate dissidents in that region. We also expand to the Kuril Islands and to encompass the rest of non-occupied Sakhalin. The army, numbering 800,000, is also secretly prepared for a military excursion into Central Asia in the coming months, which would be the first after the lost Crimean War. Economically, the focus becomes on gathering the vast natural resources throughout the vast Russian interior. The outpost at Vladivostok is expanded with Imperial funding and a mandate to create a notable port.
- Alaska: Traders work with Americans, British Canadians, Natives and also gather the significant natural resources. The capital of New Archangel sees substantial upgrades to increase its defensive capacity, largely in fear of a foreign takeover attempt.
- Denmark: We continue colonisation on Greenland establishing various small colonies there. We start minor industrialisation process to expand our economy. We expand our navy by ten ships. King Frederick VII shows soon interest in the US Civil War. We offers trade alliances to the Netherlands, the UK and the newly formed CSA. In an attempt to heal past wounds in our nations we propose a trade pact and military alliance to Sweden-Norway.
- UK Diplomacy: We welcome trade between the UK and Denmark.
- Toucouleur empire: After our recent conquest of the Bamana Empire, we begin to incorporate them into our empire. We begin to develop our military to European standards by trying to pay Europeans who are involved in the military to advise us on how to improve our military. We also begin our Industrial Revolution and our Wirtschaftswunder to send our nation to the future improving our road system along with our cities. We request the European help to modernise in return for money and an alliance. We move our troops of around 10,000 from the newly conquered Bamana nation to take Massina.
- United States of America: In retaliation to the attack on Fort Sumter, Congress signs a declaration of war and authorises a complete and utter mobilisation. President Abraham Lincoln, inspired by the Emancipation Manifesto, declares that when the war is over, slavery will be abolished in each and every state. Conscription is emplaced by some states however the Union military is largely made out of volunteers. An immediate offensive is made on the Confedarcy however largely fails due to lack of training. Learning from the mistake, many new training camps are constructed. However Anti-Lincoln officials in Maryland shut down the railway lines. Kentucky remains neutral however is pressure by the Government. The Maryland Controversy continues as Abraham Lincoln declares Martial Law in the state causing a large protest.
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland: With general mobilisation complete, the Prime Minister proclaims a declaration war on the United States in support of the Confederacy. Our armies (30,000 troops) pour over the Canadian border into Washington, Idaho and Minnesota. However, so that relations between the Queen and the people are preserved, nothing is said about Her Majesty's involvement in the decision. Popular unrest becomes commonplace in the cities as many people support the Union. However, propaganda is distributed to help quell any discomfort felt by the British people. The fact that many are also more concerned about their own survival in the midst of the Industrial Revolution in the cities helps to dampen support for the Union. The Empire calls on support from the colonies and provinces, as well as from her allies Austria,
Russiaand Portugal. To improve the versatility and flexibility of the Empire, as well as to attempt to put out the flickering embers of nationalism throughout the Empire, the Imperial Reform Bill is introduced into Parliament on 7 June, proposing the transformation of the British Empire into a single, federal entity. Many colonies would be merged into larger constituent countries in the new Empire. The former colonies would be themselves self-governing states in a larger federal entity. Examples include:
- New South Wales, Western Australia, Queensland, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and New Zealand will be combined to create the Realm of Australia. Capital: Sydney.
- British Columbia, Canada, Newfoundland, the North-Western Territory, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Rupert's Land will be combined to create the Realm of Canada. Capital: Québec.
- All territories of the British Raj would be combined to form the Indian Empire. Unlike the other federal parts, Victoria would be Empress of India instead of Queen, and India would be unitary, not federal, although all princes in India would retain their positions.
- The Cape Colony, British Bechuanaland and Natal, would be united and transformed into the Realm of South Africa. Capital: Cape Town.
- The United Kingdom itself would become federal, with devolved parliamentary rights granted to Scotland and Ireland: Both the Parliament of Scotland and Parliament of Ireland would be reinstated. The UK Parliament would serve as both the parliament of the UK and of England and Wales.
- All other territories would remain under the direct authority of the UK Government.
- The British Empire would be constituted as an official entity, rather than being an unofficial term for the collection of colonies under the UK. The Empire would be renamed the Empire of Greater Britannia, or Britannia, named after the Latin term for Britain. Imperial capital: London.
- The Queen would receive the following titles: Queen of the United Kingdom, Empress of India, Queen of South Africa, Queen of Australia.
- Portuguese Dip: We will support our ally. However, Portuguese forces will remain in Portuguese lands until we are prepared to join British forces. In the meantime we will send economic and military aid.
- Austrian Dip: We accept UK call to arms, joining the war against the USA. However as we don't possess a fleet capable of transporting our whole forces to the American Continent, we ask the UK to help us transport our forces. We also ask the UK for military access, in Canada, in order to land in Nova Scotia, move through New Brunswick and attack the USA.
- British Dip: We send the HMS Stronghold and Neptune to Austria to retrieve the Austrian troops, and we grant access to select military bases in Nova Scotia for the Austrian Army.
- American Dip: Fearing a total war, the Senate would like to negotiate terms with the coalition. However, they also challenge the fact why Britain, Austria and Portugal are even in the war.
- Austrian Diplomacy: We ask the UK to invade Mexico, which in fact is hurting our war efforts, attacking the CSA, which is our ally and is an enemy of the USA which we have war right now, as we have answered their call to arms, we ask them to do the same, since Mexico is executing our Emperor's supporters.
- Technically, Russia is not a British ally. -Rex
- Hawaii: With the results and maps of our returned expedition, we now have adequate knowledge of Tahiti and the surrounding kingdoms of Bora Bora, Raiatea, and Huahine. We send settlers to the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands for them to claim the islands for Hawaii. With our knowledge of the islands, we launch a surprise attack on Tahiti, sending in about 1600 troops. Despite the spending on the war, a fort is constructed in the port of Honolulu.
- United States of America: An invasion of the CSA (primarily South Carolina) via West Virginia is initiated, 5000 men are used for the assault. Most of their morale is kept high with propaganda and romanticism thoughts. Following the proclamation of war by the UK, the President Abraham Lincoln himself declares war in return. With war on two fronts (Canada and the South) Senate begins a national debate on Conscription. Leading the votes for conscription are the Republicans, led by Abraham Lincoln and the opposition who are the Democrats. 55% of the Votes Disapprove and 45% approve. Industrial regions such as New York and Boston are pushes to build pistols, rifles gunpowder. An incident happens when an underpaid woman named Mary-Jones kills herself by eating gunpowder then smoking, intentionally kills herself because she lost her job. This cause a massive riot in New York City called the "Smoking Gun Riot." The Navy is modernized, re-built and mobilized for invasion following the Navy Reform Bill. Following this the fleet is dispatched to Quebec to destroy the British Fleet there and allow the invading troops to land in Quebec City. A home-land protection force in Washington is formed made up of 6,000 men prepared to stop the British Forces.
- UK in the American Civil War: The British Fleet in Quebec (eight frigates, four men-of-war, 20 corvettes) immediately responds to the American threat. (MOD RESPONSE REQUIRED)
MOD: West Virginia has not yet seceded from Virginia. You'll have to find another point from which to enter CSA territory.
- Oops. Read up and found that West Virginia seceded in April 1861. Ignore the last comment.
- Spain: Economy, infrastructure and military improve. Population continues to grow, roads and farms are built or improved and cities continue to grow. More residential buildings, cultural and public buildings, commercial buildings, militaristic buildings, educational buildings and factories are built. Western Sahara and Spanish Guinea continues expending by 20 px each. Asks United Kingdom, Prussia, Russia, Netherlands and Austria for trade agreement and accepted Italy's trade agreement request.
- Austrian Dip: We accept Spain's offer of a trade agreement.
- Papal States: With Italy agreeing to the modified terms, the Pope is, with some reluctance, prevailed upon to sign the treaty. The pope sends a letter to King Victor Emmanuel, asking him as a personal favour to arrive in Rome at the front of a large military force, to at least give the appearance that his hand is being forced. Preparations are underway to organise the coronation in St John Lateran, which will presumably occur some time early next year. The administration of the Papal States and Holy See in general also begins a period of transition. Plans are drawn up for the disbandment of most of the Papal Army, excepting the Swiss Guards, the Noble Guards, and the Palatine Guard. Naturally, there is some opposition within the ranks of the Church at the apparent surrender of temporal power by the Curia. Despite his personal annoyince at the decision, Pius IX writes a brief Apostolic Letter to the Bishops of the World informing them of the reality that the agreement is the best and only way of preserving temporal power indefinitely. His Holiness assures them that he remains a true sovereign over truly sovereign territories, however without now having to worry about many of the temporal aspects of temporal rule. In other news, the War in America deeply disturbs His Holiness. Nuncios are sent to Britain and the USA, and also to the CSA (although it is made clear that the delegation does not constitute an official diplomatic recognition; the delegation is officially titled: "Papal Legation to the southern areas of the United States of America calling themselves the Confederate States of America") to try to provide a diplomatic solution; the general anti-Catholicism of those countries notwithstanding.
- British Diplomacy: While we appreciate the Pope's noble efforts, despite us being a Protestant country, we do not believe in a current possibility for peace. We continue to fight the war head-on, pushing into US territory and instituting Imperial control over occupied lands.
- Portugal: We join Britain's war despite the public being against it and the military unprepared. We mainly focus on calming the public for now and readying the army. Forced conscription is put into effect. Some ships are sent to aid the British in Canada. We start to industrialize, factories are set up and churn out a small but steady supply of firearms and equipment. It's nowhere near as fast as Britain's, but it's a start.
- Patagonia: Following the lost of Araucania to the Chileans, which included the capital, Perquenco, the government is relocated to Viedma, on the eastern coast. There, King Antoine I welcome his nephew and heir, Adrien-Jean de Tounen, who's only 15 years old. He order his troops (or what is left of them) to center their efforts to defend the new capital, making the statement that "The fate of the Kingdom and the Mapuche tribes are one.", hoping to boost the national feeling of the Mapuches.
- Mexico: President Benito Juárez seeing the atrocities of the confederacy declares war on the Confederate states of America in support of The United States. The Navy and Army is modernised with the help of American intelligence. 5,000 men begin the initial invasion of Texas, sweeping into the state, with many Texans with Mexican sympathies rejoicing. Offers of alliance are sent to the USA, Spain, France as are trade requests. The economy and infrastructure improve,especially in the new administrative hub of Mexico City. Population continues to grow, roads and farms are built or improved and cities continue to grow. More residential buildings, cultural and public buildings, commercial buildings, militaristic buildings, educational buildings and factories are built. Support for the war is high. In light of The CSA's Conscription policy, Juarez sends out his own, hoping to build on popular nationalist feelings. The army increases four-fold to 260,000.
- British Secret Diplomacy: We will exempt Mexico from British assault plans, on the condition that Mexico does not interfere with the Northern front of the Civil War.
- Mexico Dip: We agree having no qualms against Britain. Benito Juarez wishes for good relations between the two nations.
- Austrian Diplomacy: We demand that Mexico withdraws for the CSA, we give them 20 days time to withdraw from our ally the CSA or its war.
- Mexican Dip: The Austrian act of aggression is acknowledged but Mexico has no intention of exiting The CSA. In light of this, more troops are poured into Texas gaining more territory. In addition, a group of Conservative Mexicans with links to the Austrian Maximilian: the brother of Emperor Francis Joseph, whom they want to become monarch are executed on grounds of treason against the republic.
- Austrian Diplomacy: We invade Mexico from the north, executing any Mexican we see, Emperor Francis Joseph makes a speech about the future of Mexico, which is to be annihilated.
- Mexican Dip: The recent actions against Mexican people only incenses the population further. Mexican Leaders denounce Austria for supporting slavery and interfering in matters that do not concern them. Conscriptions and volunteers continue to flood into the army and a gruesome guerrilla-style offensive ensues against the Austrians.
Every city, town and village is defended and Austrian soldiers are repelled from our borders for now. Terrorist insurgents are secretly sent to Austria.Britain is called upon to control its ally and respect that issues in the south are irrelevant to those in the northern campaigns.
- "Every city, town and village is defended and Austrian soldiers are repelled from our borders for now." YOU DON'T GET TO DECIDE THAT ALGO DOES. "Terrorist insurgents are secretly sent to Austria." YOU CANT EVEN SEND SPIES THAT FAR AWAY... Britain is called upon to control its ally and respect that issues in the south are irrelevant to those in the northern campaigns. YOU ARE HELPING OUR ENEMY HERE, WHILE CSA IS MY ALLY, WHY SHOULD EVEN THE UK RESTRAIN ME I FAIL TO SEE...~Wrto12
- Hey, keep it civil here, remember? I'm afraid that's one strike for behaviour. That being said, Wrto is right. The algorithm decides how much damage you are able to inflict on the enemy, and being so far away from Austria, a nation of your tech development would not be able to send people to Austria. The only reason Austrians were able to get to America was because of British ships.
- British Guiana: We continue to recruit more troops and improve our infrastructure. We support Britain's war, but unfortunately, we don't have any supplies to aid UK on their declaration war with United States. Although the supplies are very low in Guiana, and the aim is hopefully to invest most of the military supplies. Our colonized territory could be built with bunkers.
- Japan: Our attempts to remove the Samurai from our society is met with resistance from them. While we have taken away a lot of power from them it seems they will begin to turn against us. We ask The Empire of Britannia to send us some divisions to help deal with the Samurai in the event of civil war. The production of our navy is going well, with seven of the 20 ships built. We attempt to conspire to kill the emperor of Japan. We also continue to increase our production of rice and still build factories.
- British Diplomacy: As we wish to help our new ally develop into a major regional power, we agree to send three divisions to put down the Samurai revolt. However, we implore them to spare the Emperor, as Japan could be reformed into a constitutional monarchy with the Shogun as a sort of Prime Minister. Victoria and the Royal Family wishes to establish personal relations with the Imperial Family of Japan.
- Confederate States of America: A draft goes into effect recruiting around 1.000.000 men to fight for our noble cause against the USA and now Mexico. Big slave owners are able to avoid been drafted due to a new law, that allows them to send seven slaves they own in their place, which are promised their freedom as soon as the war is over. Farming is diversified and many new plantations open to feed our forces. We start fortifying our borders with Mexico, a significant portion(around 10% for now) of our forces are send to fight the Mexicans. President Jefferson asks all remaining slave states inside the USA to secede and join the CSA in order to protect their right to slavery and stop the north from dominating the government. (MOD RESPONSE REQUIRED) Since the UK, Austria and Portugal intervened in the American Civil War against the USA, we ask them for an alliance.
- Austrian Diplomacy: We accept CSA alliance offer, while also we recognize them as an independent nation.
- America (OCC): I am not a mod but I don't think one million is plausible.
- MOD: No, the strength of the CS Army in OTL was between 500k to 1.5 million men. So one million is perfectly plausible.
- Portuguese Dip: We decline, as we are only in the war due to Britain. However, we will maintain cordial relations.
- Missouri, Kentucky, and Maryland (MOD) all secede from the Union and apply to join the Confederacy, fearing the dictatorial reign of Lincoln and his promise to free all slaves at the war's end.
- CSA Diplomacy: We accept Missouri, Kentucky and Maryland into the Confederate States of America.
- Denmark: Seeing an opportunity and seeing how Britain has declared war on the USA. We declare War on the USA. We send a fleet of 60 ships to help Britain. We ask Britain to allow us to use their ports to dock our ships on the way. We continue minor industrialization efforts in Denmark and start it in Iceland opening up two new factories. On Greenland we expand 20 px north. We establish more colonies in Greenland establishing a colony called Ny københavn (New Copenhagen). We begin assimilation process on native Greenlanders. We fund expeditions to the otl northern Canadian islands. We also express interest in the island of Newfoundland. We again offer up trade pacts to the Netherlands and Sweden-Norway.
- British Diplomacy: We welcome Danish assistance, and allow Danish use of British ports. However, Newfoundland is not for sale at this time.
- Toucouleur Empire: After our recent conquest of the Bamana Empire, we begin to incorporate them into our empire. We begin to develop our military to European standards by trying to pay Europeans who are involved in the military to advise us on how to improve our military. We also begin our Industrial Revolution and our Wirtschaftswunder to send our nation to the future improving our road system along with our cities. We move our troops of around 20,000 from the newly conquered Bamana nation and attack Massina. We request an alliance with Britain.
- MOD: Do not copy from previous turns. Strike one of three.
- Russian Empire: The emancipation of serfs continues, as they are gradually freed and given the opportunity to buy their land from the nobility. The Emperor, Alexander II, also promises each newly freed serf family a horse and the opportunity to move to their nearest major city. With labor beginning to enter the cities, Alexander II pushes for foreign and domestic investment into factories and other industry to create jobs and advance the economy. Work on the railroads continue, as does construction of Vladivostok. Now, after the conclusion of the extended Caucuses War, and fearing British expansion into the Russian backyard of Central Asia, Russia declares a suprise war upon Kokand. The huge Russian military traps the substantially smaller Konkandi forces to hide in the capital city, and a siege ensues. Alaska continues its trade and the upgrades to New Archangel continue.
Internal unrest in Hawaii begins to grip the small island nation as its mostly expansionist policies pay no attention to issues at home.
The formal Union declaration of war on the Confederate States inadvertently raises morale in the Confederacy as it affirms the United States' recognition of the Confederacy as an independent entity.
Massive loss of life in the Nian Rebellion in the north of China is causing massive damage to and destabilisation of the current Qing regime. As China is facing multiple rebellions, the Taiping Kingdom is affirming its grip on power in the south.
General Cornelio Rodriguez of Chile establishes a fortress near the Bureo River in Araucanía, admitting frontier settlers from Chile. Chileans start flooding into Patagonia from the north.
The emancipation of the serfs and subsidisation of the peasantry by the Imperial Government in Russia results in a surge in population in the cities. Slums begin to form around major centres such as St Petersburg and Moscow.
The Imperial Reform Bill continues to be hotly debated in the British Parliament. Many Tories support the bill, while several members of the Conservative Whig Government oppose it, although it was the Whigs under Palmerston that introduced the bill in the first place. A number of MPs see it as an undermine of Imperial power, but Palmerston continues to support the bill as a way to consolidate Imperial unity and at the same time soothe nationalistic feelings in the colonies.
Prince Albert, consort to Queen Victoria, does not die as in OTL and thus she does not enter a period of mourning. Instead, she is able to focus on other important issues, such as the unfolding Civil War in America.
Maximilian Habsburg, head of the Austrian Navy, and cousin of the Austrian Archduke, makes claim as the rightful Emperor of Mexico, and pressures Emperor Napoleon III to intervene in the Mexican conflict.
The Austrian war effort in North America suffers badly from costly logistical lines, as the British government refuses to have the Army move into Mexican territory.
- Hawaii: Realizing that our focus on the war has led to the negligence of our people, we work to improve our infrastructure. To ease any opposition to the war, we spread pro-war propaganda and host festivals to increase happiness. Although we find it hard to conduct commerce while remain neutral in the American Civil War, we request trade with Australia and/or China. The Northwest Hawaiian Islands are annexed into the kingdom, and we send in 600 more troops into Tahiti, bringing the number of soldiers up to 2100. After the invasion failed, we decide to siege the capital of Papeete.
- The invasion once again fails; we commence a temporary ceasefire.
- British Diplomacy: We agree to the request for trade with Australia, and open the ports of Sydney and Brisbane to Hawaiian merchant vessels.
- Spain: Economy, infrastructure and military improve. Population continues to grow, roads and farms are built or improved and cities continue to grow. More residential buildings, cultural and public buildings, commercial buildings, militaristic buildings, educational buildings and factories are built. Western Sahara and Spanish Guinea continues expending by 20 px each.
- Portugal: We expand Angola and Mozambique by 20 px each. We continue industrializing. We start sending troops to Britain to be sent to America. We send limited naval support to Austria and Britain.
- United Kingdom: We continue our assault on the northern USA, and separate armies also gather along the US-CS border to fight alongside Confederate soldiers. The first Austrian troops arrive on British ships in Nova Scotia, and are then transported to the front on the US-CS border. Meanwhile, the Imperial Reform Bill continues to be hotly debated in Parliament, with many Parliamentary officials agreeing, but not enough to form the super majority required to pass the bill. Our colonies in Africa expand by 30 px each, while the Canadian provinces begin to expand northwards by 50 px.
- UK Secret Diplomacy: We propose to Japan to assist China in destroying the Taiping Kingdom to make China indebted to Japan and Britain, and thus increase our influence in Asia at the expense of China.
- Japan Secret Diplomacy: We will make sure to make preparation for the assistance.
- British Guiana: We continue to improve our military supplies and expand economy. While UK is in war with USA, we could aid a support for them if it's possible. The supplies are still improving in British Guiana, the colony of UK. We hope to gain more troops and recruit them mostly as soon as possible. The infrastructure is planned to be improving next year, but for this year it's not eligible to do it.
- Persia: Shah Naser al-Din starts improving our economy by helping small businesses and plans establishing a great trade route all the way from Istanbul to New Delhi (Ottoman and British Raj response required) , all three nations equally investing in it. If accepted, the full trade route will be Istanbul-Konya-Diyarbekir-Mosul-Erbil-Tabriz-Tehran-Isfahan-Shiraz-Kerman-Karachi-Hyderabad-Ahmedabad-Jaipur-New Delhi, with five cities from each empire. We offer a defensive pact to Ottoman Empire against any attack from Russian Empire in the future. Shah Naser al-Din forgives their assasinaton attempt and immediately stops the assimilation of Bâbis, started some time ago, saying that Bâbis have the right to live as they were for years. (Covert Action: Spies will be periodically sent into Bâbis to detect and suppress any independence movements immediately) Even though there will be no forced assimilation, Shah still hopes that strong and influential Persian culture and Shia Islam will slowly possess Bâbis. For the sake of having a greater navy, shipyards of Bandar Mahshahr, Bandar Bushehr, Bandar Abbas, Qeshm and Chabahar are improved and ship production is increased. Shah plans long distance ship races every year which Ottoman, Persian and Omani captains will race from Kuwait City to Muscat (Ottoman response and Mod response for Oman required) Shah invites clerics from all Islamic nations (Shia, Sunni and Ibadi) of the world to First Islamic Conference, where differences and heretical hate will be forgotten and the sake of Islam and its influence on the world theatre will be discussed. The conference will be in Mecca if Ottoman Empire accepts, and in Tehran if not. Shah prepares the country for an attempt to Westernize, once again, but it will take a long time, considering that Shah does not want to scare his people.
- Ottoman Dip: We accept all your offers except from the conference to be held in Mecca, we would like it to be held in a different city.
- Patagonia: Understanding that he will surely lose the war, King Antoine I try to negotiate with General Cornelio Rodrigez, promising him lands and titles should he join him. As a last resort, King Antoine I contact the government of Chile, and promise his abdication should they accept a chart to protect the rights of the Mapuches. (MOD answer needed) Many of his allies begin to abandon him, and while he ask what's left of his troops to protect the capital, he himself prepare his escape from the country should this be necessary.
- France: We work to improve our economy, mostly by increasing industry near Paris. A strong industrial belt starts to be built up between Orleans and Paris, making this area one of the largest industrial areas. We also work on creating additional infrastructure, namely a major highway system. Meanwhile, we increase the size of our army, to a total of 800,000 Soldiers. We work on colonizing Africa, expanding into west Africa, and landing colonial ships in Central and south Africa. We deploy 250,000 troops to invade Mexico.
- 250,000 troops seems unrealistic considering that actual French campaigns in the region never surmounted to anything more than 30,000.
- Italy: Fearing that a direct march on Rome would lead to a confrontation with French troops still in the country, the king dispatches a small naval squadron which anchors itself off the coast of Rome. An army of 25,000 along with the king are massed along the border ready to march as soon as the agreement is signed. The king requests that the Pope finally signs the agreement. The government continues to fund public schools to combat illiteracy. They also begin to fund a network of railroads to connect the country. Industrial growth continues in the Northern part of the country while the southern part focuses on agriculture. The army is increased to 250,000 well trained troops. The navy is also increased with many of the coastal cities ordered to build ships.
- Papal Diplomacy: Having already agreed to the Treaty, His Holiness rides out to the perimeter of Rome to meet Victor Emmanuel and ceremonially sign and seal the document, before leading His Majesty through Rome to the Archbasilica of St John Lateran for the coronation.
- Mexico: Guerrilla warfare ensues against Austrian and French invading forces, keeping the existed men to continue into Texas. Defensive capabilities are improved with fortifications on all major cities and coasts. An offensive against the faltering Austrian forces in the north is planned to cut off supplies and will commence soon. Trade continues with South America and plans are made to move the government to Argentina if needs be to carry on resistance in opposition to the European powers. The economy and infrastructure improve,especially in the new administrative hub of Mexico City. Population continues to grow, roads and farms are built or improved and cities continue to grow. More residential buildings, cultural and public buildings, commercial buildings, militaristic buildings, educational buildings and factories are built. Support for the war is high. The army yet again increased drastically. Diplomats are sent to Britain to discuss the options of war.
- Toucouleur Empire: We finally begin our attack of the Massina to conquer them. We use 45,000 troops armed with European light arms to launch an offensive to strike at their capital using Mobility to outmanoeuvre and flank our enemy. We continue to try to improve our military and we begin to build a road that will fit ten horses wide from our capital Segu to Niora to Dinguiray in a triangle named the Golden Road. We see investors from Europe give us farming machines and fuel for glorious sums of money littering the countryside with these inventions. Although in the beginning many farmers fail to use it properly, they are becoming accustomed to its use.
- Japan: The samurai have taken notice of our attempts to get rid of them and begin attacking government facilities. This starts a small civil war between the shogun and the samurai. We have built 14 of the 20 new ships for our navy. We increase the production of rice and have built a steel factory in edo. We send a small expeditionary force of one ship and 500 soldiers to the Austrian empire to help them in their intervention in Mexico.
- Papal States: With the treaty with Italy officially signed, the Papal States become very much smaller, but nonetheless remain sovereign. Italy is asked for permission to build a railway between the Leonine City in Rome and the Pope's other sovereign territory, Castel Gandolfo. The coronation of Victor Emmanual presumably) occurs, with great pomp and ceremony. Pius IX is able to justify the act to himself by recalling that even Napoleon was crowned by a pope. In his homily during the coronation, His Holiness speaks at length of the features that should distinguish a Christian monarch: humility and service. In about May, Pope Pius IX releases an encyclical against slavery called Liberavitque Dominus ('and the Lord liberated'). In it, His Holiness draws on older papal encyclicals, the 1537 Sublimis Deus, and the more recent 1839 In supremo apostolatus, as well as the works of Doctors of the Church and, of course, the Bible itself. The conclusion the pope comes to in the magisterial document, is that, whilst tolerable in former times, "in the present time, it can no longer be considered acceptable for Christians to partake in the institution of slavery, nor can it be justified any more." The letter is sent to all the Bishops the world over.
- Taiping Heavenly Kingdom: The Heavenly King, Hong Xiuquan, receives a copy of Liberavitque Dominus and translates it to Mandarian and Cantonese. Reading it, he declares that the subjects of the Qing Empire are slaves of a regime who has lost the Mandate of Heaven, and thus it is failing on Earth, suffering from economic depression, government corruption, famine, and rebellion. "The time is now for every Chinese person to rebuke their bondage to the failed Qing Empire by rebellion as we have and the Nian Rebellion has, for they have lost the Mandate of Heaven, and to finally liberated from it and live in happiness. -The Heavenly King. Meanwhile, there is a great morale boost in Taiping, both domestic and military as a result of the Nian Rebellion weakening the Qing Empire. Domestically, Hong Rengan, the Holy Governor, centralizes the government by running its day to day operations. Rengan, seeking to improve the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom, orders and oversees the construction of schools with Bible based teachings and railroads. Banks are also constructed and the currency, Heavenly Treasure, is also centralized. Farmers are given tools to farm more effectively as well. The Heavenly King makes a decree for all Heavenly citizens to follow Jesus' teaching "Love God and love others" and to live in peace and harmony with one another in love and cooperation, and Hong Rengan puts those policies in practice. For the military front, however, The Heavenly King commands the military to be like the Israelites during the conquest of Canaan under Joshua, to destroy God's enemies. The Heavenly General, Li Xiucheng "The Loyal King", enforces this policy. With their morale boosted, General Li Xiucheng launches a new offensive on Shanghai, hoping to conquer the key port city. The Heavenly King"Freedom shall be obtained because we will defeat our enemies, the Qing Empire by force, for God is on our side. With this victory we shall create a permanent Heaven on Earth, where peace and love shall be eternal." Since we're a theocracy in the middle of rebelling against the Qing Empire, we choose Military as our primary focus and Religion as our secondary focus. We choose Nationalism and Socialism as our too ideologies. We select National Service as our primary idea, allowing us to conscript massive reserves of soldiers if need be.
- Taiping Heavenly Kingdom: We seek recognition from the Western powers, hoping to establish friendly relations with them, for we too, are brothers and sisters in Christ.
- The Russian Empire embraces its brothers in Christ against the heathen Qing Empire by recognizing the legitimacy of the break-away state.
- CSA: Fortification of borders continues, conscription is given to the states. Diversification of agriculture continues
- Danish Dip: We offer up a trade agreement and military alliance to the CSA and recognize them as a sovereign nation
- Denmark: The Kingdom of Denmark officially makes it ideology be imperialism. Our primary focus is exploration as of yet and we have a minor secondary focus on commerce. At home industrialization efforts continue with three new factories are open. Our navy expands by 20 ships. We send ships to explore the Arctic islands north of Canada. We founded a small colony on one of them OTL Baffin Island (if not claimed already). We also expand 30 px inward on Greenland. New Copenhagen continues to thrive and grow. We send a force of about 50,000 men to Help the British (Numbers ok). Development continues on Iceland. We offer a trade agreement to the Russian Empire. Trade with the British steadily increases our economy.
- Russia accepts the Danish trade agreement.
- Russia: The war with Kokand is finished this period, with the capital city of that nation falling to Russian besiegers. The Russians who have relocated into the slums are put to work as quickly as possibly by the Minister of the Interior who, alongside Emperor Alexander II, works to attract foreign and domestic investment into new jobs. Many work on the new railroads and are settled across the nation - not just in the capital and Moscow. Vladivostok sees major improvements and the Emperor orders the construction of a naval port for the Empire's Pacific fleet to be based there. Alaska continues to trade with the many nearby parties.
Forced conscription in the Confederate States greatly outrages its constituent States, especially Texas, which announces its secession from the Confederacy. Texas declares independence as the Second Texan Republic.
Please direct all mod event disputes to the talk page. Thank you.
With the coronation of King Victor Emmanuel in Italy, the Papal States loses much of its power, having subordinated itself to the Kingdom of Italy.
Many of the common people of southern China join in with the Taiping rebellion, greatly surpassing all the other rebellions in the Empire and drastically weakening the revenue of the Qing
The Austrian-French intervention in Mexico proves to be of greater success with the backing of Napoleon III. Many nobles in Austria begin to believe that the Archduke’s loyalties should side more with France over Britain
The rebellion against the Shogun by the Samurai in Japan is greatly damaging to the government, as an entire social caste rises up against the Shogunate. Meanwhile, the Emperor uncovers the earlier plot against his life and executes several daimyo claimed to be responsible for this conspiracy.
Pope Pius IX’s encyclical is greatly received by the churches of the world, who universally decry the use of slavery. The only exception being the Baptists in the American south, the Old Believers of Russia, and some fringe Orthodox branches in East Africa.
Clerics from both Shia and Sunni factions are greatly skeptical of the proposed meeting in Mecca, as there is very little liberalism within these sects of Islam.
The Imperial Reform Bill is passed by Parliament in London. The British Empire's transformation into Britannia begins.
- Hawaii: Thanks to the cease-fire, we are able to focus on issues at home. To improve industry, we build mines on the island of Kahoolawe; the mining town of Nalu (Hawaiian word for "wave") is established. The whole island of Lana'i becomes a pineapple plantation, with Lana'i City the center of the plantation; pineapples are traded in Australia. Propaganda promoting the invasion of Tahiti rallies more into our armed forces, with about 6,500 troops readily available. We propose a deal to Spain where we buy their claims in the Caroline and Mariana Islands for 75,000 Spanish currency; about 114 currency per square mile.
- United Kingdom: The Empire of Greater Britannia is proclaimed by Her Majesty Queen Victoria. She is due to be crowned in the various Realms once reorganisation of the colonies is complete (and hopefully after the end of the American Civil War). The institutions necessary for the Realms to function, such as the Parliaments, Privy Councils and judiciaries, are organised and elections are called for the Houses of Commons in each of the Realms, to be held on the same day. The first Governors are:
- Australia: John Young, Baron Lisgar, Governor of New South Wales.
- Canada: Charles Monck, 4th Viscount Monck, Governor of Canada (Quebec).
- India: James Bruce, 8th Earl of Elgin, Viceroy of British India.
- South Africa: Sir Philip Edmond Wodehouse, Governor of the Cape Colony.
- Papal States: With the Treaty now officially signed, the government of the Papal States starts getting used to its much diminished temporal powers. This change does not, however, mean that it is powerless. The remarkably positive response to Pius IX's Liberavitque Dominus from both within and without the Church shows that even without substantial temporal power, the Papacy maintains huge moral and diplomatic potential. Following up on last year's encyclical, a new Nuncio is sent to Brazil with the aim of convincing the Emperor to abolish slavery there. The Bishops in the Confederate States of America are written to by Apostolic Letter, informing them of their moral duty to push, if not for a government abolition on slavery, at least for their flocks to grant their slaves freedom. In other news, Card. Alessandro Barnabò, the Prefect of the Congregation Propaganda Fide, hears of the positive response to Liberavitque Dominus in Taiping. Hearing also of the Taiping King's zeal for Christ, he dispatches a small mission of ten Jesuits to the King, with the goal of meeting with and instructing him in the Catholic and Apostolic faith.
- British Guiana: Economy and infrastructure begin to improve, as the new plan approaches to their current goal. We saw that The Empire of Greater Britannia is proclaimed. Although we could improve more relations with them, and hopefully to have more British troops in our colonized territory. The military supplies are gathering more, and more military troops are recruited.
- Ottoman Empire: (Sorry for not posting the last two turns, the first day the wifi was down and the second day I forgot to do it). Anyway, we continue to build our military and our infrastructure. We announce that the first Ottoman Games will be held in Istanbul and that every city will compete for themselves. These games will be held next year and every two years from then on. We accept Persias alliance and protection against the Russian Empire. We officially annex Macedonia into our empire.
- Patagonia: King Antoine I continue to put efforts and resources in the strengthening of his army, hoping it will be enough to stand against the Chilean forces. The lack of answers from the Chileans make him more afraid than anything, but he still continue to claim the legitimacy of his government. King Antoine is willing to accept any help from foreign countries.
- Austrian Dip: We send aid (military advisors, technology, volunteers) to the Kingdom of Araucania and Patagonia so that they can hold on, until crucial help arrives.
- Austrian Empire: Emperor Franz Joseph I proclaims that his interests lay with the Austrian Empire, refusing any talks of compliance with France(or any other power), if Austrian interests lay elsewhere. A nationwide program to improve infrastructure is implemented by Emperor Franz Joseph I. Many new railroads/highways are build across the nation, but mostly in Austria and Bohemia, funded by private corporations, which are granted the right to collect a toll from the railroads/highways they build and half the money they spent in improving infrastructure shall be paid gradually in a time of ten years. Serious reforms are made into the army, restructuring it, copying many aspects of the Prussian army, while also aiming to improve mobilization speed, by restructuring the army to be locally based, organized in military districts, with most reservists living close to their regimental depots, so that they could be swiftly mobilised, instead of being scattered to prevent them from taking part in separatist revolts. A new initiative is made aiming to create more banks, in collaboration with private interests, with the backing of the state, so that the economical growth can be increased. This new banks are actively funding any private investors to create industries inside Austria, thus many new industries are created. We use Nationalism our main ideology, we also focus on our Military mainly and Commerce. We use Manifest Destiny as our main idea and Great Banner and National service as our ideas.
- Austrian Diplomacy: We ask our ally Italy to intervene to help us against Mexico and the USA. An alliance offer is made to Russia, UK, France and the Ottoman Empire. Also an alliance offer is made to the Netherlands, secretly promising to give them Yucatan as colony after the war's end, if they intervene in our side against Mexico and the USA.
- Russia accepts the Austrian offer of alliance.
- Spain: Economy, infrastructure and military improve. Population continues to grow, roads and farms are built or improved and cities continue to grow. More residential buildings, cultural and public buildings, commercial buildings, militaristic buildings, educational buildings and factories are built. Western Sahara and Spanish Guinea continues expending by 20 px each.
- Republic of Texas: We declare independence from the Confederacy as a result of their suspension of Habeas Corpus, unlawful conscription, and evasion of the values of States' Rights. Texas claims all of the Arizona and New Mexico Territories, but are willing to negotiate the borders. We also claim the Indian Territory for ourselves, again willing to negotiate the borders. We ask the Confederacy, Britain, France, Spain, Mexico, and the United States for recognition, and hope to not fight the US or Confederacy in a war for independence but are willing to do so if necessary. We hold a constitutional convention, in which we establish a government in Austin. A President will be federally elected, and he will nominate his own cabinet and fill vacancies on the Supreme Court, as in the United States (though Vice President will be separately elected). We draw 14 States within the country and they each select two senators. Also, those states are each given representatives based on their population, and each state gets the right to elect a governor, though the federal government is supreme (as it is the successor to the state government in the US). In our first elections, we elect Francis Lubbock as President, with David Rice Atchison as Vice President. John H. Reagan is nominated as our first Secretary of State, and will negotiate with other country. William Wirt Adams, George B. Crittenden, James J. Archer, and Walter P. Lane are all given the rank of Major General, the highest rank in the Texan Army. Richard Montgomery Gano becomes Major General of the Cavalry. Alfred M. Hobby is given control of the Navy, which currently contains five ships. We begin to fight Mexico to try to regain our own land, land that is rightfully ours, that we won in the Texian Revolution.
- Portuguese Dip: We recognize you and hope for good relations in the coming years.
- Taiping Heavenly Kingdom: The Heavenly King and the Heavenly People are elated with the arrival of new Chinese people join us and we embrace them with open arms by accepting them into Taiping and helping them restart their lives by giving them the tools to improve their lives, such as housing, farming tools, and food. Now that they have joined Taiping, they are free people. With their arrival, we receive increased revenue to our treasury and we use this money to fund the military, keep farming communes, and improve the infrastructure of Taiping by building railroads, schools, and banks. Hong Rengan continues to oversee Taiping domestically and takes charge in meeting that all these policies are realized. We also deeply thank Russia and the Papacy for their recognition of us and accept their ambassadors. This combined flood of new Chinese people and international recognition leads to a great boost of national morale and pride, which increases the happiness and productivity of the Heavenly Citizens and the fighting spirit of the Heavenly Army as they continue their brave invasion of the port of Shanghai. We continue to declare that we are a nation of free people, as slavery is outlawed, and we are united in love and compassion for our brethren and that our soldiers are full of courage and vindication, fighting for their people and for God. Meanwhile, we encourage and attempt to fund the Nian Rebellion and the Miao Rebellion and call for all Chinese people to rebel against the tyrannical and failed Qing Dynasty and propose the formation of the Chinese Confederation, where Chinese states join together in cooperation. In particular, we focus on supporting potential rebellions in the Southern provinces of Fujian, Guangdong, and Guangxi. On the military front, Li Xiucheng continues to lead the Heavenly Army in its invasion of Shanghai, and we surround it from all sides via land and our navy begins to attack Qing ships. Our soldiers are now inspired because not only has there more people joining the Heavenly Kingdom and have obtained foreign recognition by Russia and the Papacy, but we have also focused on improving the military and our soldiers are united via their Heavenly Brotherhood.
- Denmark: Exploration of the islands north of Canada yields little success and so support of the exploration to begins to drops. At home in Denmark the war in the USA is becoming increasingly unpopular as we are on the side of the CSA which is a pro slavery state with anti-war protests beginning to spark. The government attempts to control them by spreading pro-war propaganda. On Greenland we expand 25 px inwards. New Copenhagen continues settlement with its population reaching 300 people. The main industry there is predominantly fishing. We begin to explore options of colonies in Africa but such ideas are put on hold for more pressing matters. Our navy are expanded by 20 more ships. Our economy is increased by the trade from Russia and Britain. We invest more in industry in Iceland hoping to quell any nationalistic feelings that may arise.
- Portugal:With Texas's succession and a change in the campaign in Mexico we send forces to Mexico and ask for an alliance with France, seeing that they are more reliable when it comes to war. We expand our African colonies 20 px each. We consider pulling out of the war due to public disapproval.
- Toucouleur Empire: We make small beachheads into the Massina but we lose around 3250 troops to a strong defense although we inflict 1000 casualties on their army. We move in 7500 more troops to replenish the troops we have lost. We have built 25% of the Golden triangle and farming equipment is being used near the major cities. We launch an offensive to take Jenne and we warn our imams to go to Mecca with a side of caution. We use Tax Office to improve our effective tax rate filler our coffers to fund our military.
- Japan: The samurai quickly overrun several cities and small towns in mainland Japan, we quickly rush defenses to Edo and Kyoto. We condemn the daimio for plotting to kill the emperor. We use our navy to isolate the islands of Japan and declare the area restricted to all governments except the United Kingdom. We request the United Kingdom provide us with machine guns and some expeditionary forces to defeat the samurai. We unite our forces and attack the samurai. All 20 of the ships we have been building are complete. We invite Russia to partake in a non-aggression treaty.
- Stop creating events without mod permission. The moderators dictate on whether an event occurs or whether an event is successful. Oh, and you can't do shit because your central government is weak and the daimyo and samurai keep on causing political turmoil.
- Joseon: The government introduces systematic measures aimed to abolish the traditional class system, including a new household registration system and the use of equal speech levels. Following Japan’s recent attempts to modernise, multiple policies that encourage the development of various heavy industries such as the steel and chemical industries are introduced. The government gives heavy financial support to privately owned national business conglomerates known as chaebols. The implementation of steam and coal power begins, with an increasing number of vehicles using steam engines as opposed to horsepower. Fertilisers are used in the agricultural sector to boost agricultural productivity, the increase in productivity, along with increased production, results in a heightened output. Western medicine is adopted and a healthcare system based on the one used in the West is created.
After working in Taiping, several priests discover that the “Heavenly King” Hong Xiuquan believes that he is the second son of God and younger brother of Jesus Christ. As this gravely contradicts Christian teachings, these priests write a letter to the Pope, saying that the Holy See should withdraw its support for the Kingdom unless the King renounced his status as second son of God and accept that Jesus was the only son of God.
The people of Texas are now torn over whether their new Republic should re-join the Union or stay independent. Many German Texans in the north support reunion with the US and this results in several clashes with Confederates over the border.
The January Uprising begins in the former territories of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (now part of Russia). Beginning as a spontaneous protest by young Poles against conscription into the Russian Army, it quickly grew into a large rebellion as high-ranking Polish officers and politicians joined the initial youngsters. By the end of June, around 10,000 have joined the insurrection, and it becomes a threat to Russian stability in the region.
While I don't disagree that there should be some small uprising, conscription in Russia has been radically altered from OTL. Instead of a 25-year period of mandatory service which was largely the impetus for this Uprising, it is currently set at six years and is made compulsory across social and ethnic lines. Furthermore, the 200,000 who participated did so at different times during the uprising; it wasn't all at once as this mod event suggests. I'd advise a significant revision of this event to ensure plausibility and take into account differences from OTL. I'd rather be a hammer than a nail... 04:00, March 29, 2016 (UTC)
- Papal States: The Pope is alarmed by two things: First, by the downright heretical theology of the "Heavenly King", and he thanks his faithful priests for their swiftness in informing him of this emerging heresy. Secondly, His Holiness is outraged that the Jesuit mission had been misconstrued as some sort of recognition of the "Taiping Heavenly Kingdom". All that was undertaken last year by the Congregation Propaganda Fide (a solely theological, non-diplomatic Congregation) was to send "a small mission of ten Jesuits to the King, with the goal of meeting with and instructing him in the Catholic and Apostolic faith" [from last post]. Pius IX addresses a pastoral letter to "The people of Southern China", which clarifies the orthodox Christian view of the Incarnation, Christology, etc. The letter -which is to form the basis of catechesis- is sent to the Jesuit mission, along with reinforcements, doubling their numbers. The Cardinal Prefect of the Congregation Propaganda Fide, in a covering letter to the document, makes it clear to the Mission that their role is purely catechetical, and does not constitute any sort of official or unofficial diplomatic recognition of the "Taiping Heavenly Kingdom". If the "Heavenly King" were to respond positively to the Jesuits' efforts, then the Holy See's diplomatic position may change. In other news, some bishops speak with the Pope, raising the possibility of an Ecumenical Council some time in the future, in light of various of modern ideas and heresies, the loss of most temporal power, and also to clarify issues related to the magisterium of the Church. Pius IX agrees in principle that a council would be beneficial for the Church in general, but says that they should wait a few years for the administration to get fully used to the new situation, as well as to allow sufficient time for preparation, and for at least some of the bishops from overseas to get there. In other news, the Cardinal Secretary of State writes to the Bishops of the CSA, asking for reports on their progress implementing Liberavitque Dominus in their flocks and states.
- Persia: Shah Naser-al Din introduces National Mail and Telegraph Administration, opening a new era of communication for Persia. Shah opens military academies in major cities to train experienced and talented military offices. The Nasrettin College of Westernized Education is opened in Tabriz, to measure the people's response to westernization. The preparations for westernization continue, but slowly. Entry fee for the college will be quite low. College of Photography and Other Arts is also opened in Tehran. Carefully prepared brochures are sent to famous clerics to remove their suspicions about the conference.
- Portugal: War continues. We send more troops to help Britain.
- The Russian Empire, upon hearing of the Taiping heresy, demands that Hong Xiuquan revokes his claim to be the Son of God or threatens to sever all diplomatic ties forever. We work to integrate Kokand into the empire, and the military is readied to secretly invade Khiva in the coming months. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of new industrial-age jobs have been brought to regional and national centers of industry, greatly strengthening the Russian economy. Improvements are made with new tax funds to the national infrastructure, with railroads beginning to cross the Siberian wastelands. Other improvements are made to the cities to have them competitive with major Western cities. Finally, we work to improve the quality of our military, drawing from the example of Austria. Alaska sees continued trade and settlement.
- Austrian Diplomacy: We offer our help at quelling the Polish rebellion inside the Russian Empire to the Russian Empire, as it threatens stability in the greater region and undermines unity within the Austrian Empire, as this rebellion could very well spillover inside ethnic Polish territories in Austrian dominions. We ask the help of Prussia, as this rebellion could undermine stability in their ethnic Polish lands and spillover to their domain too. (MOD RESPONSE REQUIRED)
- Prussian Diplomacy (MOD): We agree that the Polish uprising must be put down, and deploy troops along the German Confederation's borders with Russia to protect Germany from the rebelling Poles.
- British Guiana: We continue to improve infrastructure and expand economy. We recruit more troops in British Guiana, to have a better army. The military looks to consolidate the troops, as they hope to make even better. Meanwhile, the population currently in capital city, is continuing to grow and based on the buildings will be built in Georgetown. Even though there will be more cities planned to be built soon, as some of the materials will be delivered. The economy is still making progress and even some more tax funds would provide better commerce. We expect some more military supplies coming in British Guiana.
- United Kingdom: We have success in our war with the United States, having managed to eliminate the naval threat posed by the US Navy in Quebec. Our troops move swiftly into strategic locations in the Union, such as Washington State and Minnesota. Our Navy also makes its move, initiating blockades in Augusta, Maine and in Boston, Massachusetts. Our ships regularly make bombardments and raids on coastal cities. Our most loyal men see this war as our rightful retribution against the Union after the humiliating defeat in the American rebellion a century ago. We establish military governments in Seattle and Minneapolis. (Other mods please check if this is plausible.) In other news, we redirect some money to Guiana, in order to improve its military capabilities.
- Spain: Economy, infrastructure and military improve. Population continues to grow, roads and farms are built or improved and cities continue to grow. More residential buildings, cultural and public buildings, commercial buildings, militaristic buildings, educational buildings and factories are built. Western Sahara and Spanish Guinea continues expending by 20 px each.
- Hawaii: Propaganda promoting the invasion of Tahiti brings our troops to 10,000. Trade in Australia, mining on Nalu, and prior firearms knowledge bring cannon technology to Hawaii. Unbeknownst to the Tahitians, we are preparing to surprise attack the Tahitians and end the cease-fire. In other news, we search for potential investor countries in the Hawaii pineapple trade.
- Austrian Empire: Due to our recent successes in our wars against Mexico and the USA, we are now able to deploy a force consisting of 100,000 men to fight with our allies the Confederates in the former USA border states. A force of 150.000 men strong continues to fight in Mexico with the help of our allies the French. Emperor Franz Joseph I remains heavily insulted by the Mexican government actions, so his army has orders to kill any Mexican POW until Mexico surrenders. A force of 120.000 men strong continues to fight in the USA with our allies the UK and Portugal against the USA. Emperor Franz Joseph I understands that in order to fulfill his plans to modernize the state, he is gonna need more resources, so Austrian natural resources from now on are exploited in a rapid rate. Industry is benefited from that and with the banks loaning any investors to build industries, plus investments in infrastructure, growth of the banking sector, our nation experiences a huge growth.
- Austrian Diplomacy: We offer our help at quelling the Polish rebellion inside the Russian Empire to the Russian Empire, as it threatens stability in the greater region and undermines unity within the Austrian Empire, as this rebellion could very well spillover inside ethnic Polish territories in Austrian dominions. We ask the help of Prussia, as this rebellion could undermine stability in their ethnic Polish lands and spillover to their domain too. (MOD RESPONSE REQUIRED)
- Toucouleur Empire: Using our small beach heads, we are able to take the city of Jenne and inflict 2500 casualties on the enemy. We move in 5000 more troops to bolster our ranks and push more into Hamdallahi. We build another 25% of the Golden Triangle as inter-provincial trade increases along with the tax revenue and we create new plans after the war to extend this road system to Jenne, Hamdallahi and Timbuctu.
- Patagonia: The lack of moves from the Chilean government in Patagonia led King Antoine I to lessen the defenses and finally begin to reform his country. He begin to produce his own money, the Lauriers, to allow his country to grow its own economy. He also encourage his friends in France to come in Patagonia, trying to convince them by giving them nobility titles.
- British Raj or Indian Empire?: (Sorry, I was away. I think I tried to tell Wiki but my message deleted itself I think) With the new act of Britannia there is a lot of disquiet among Indian Princes with the threat of another set of violence breaking out. Experienced British Indian statesman warn violence could outbreak if Britain tries to annex India directed and advise that existing power structures in India are left intact as long as they work and support Britain. While ongoing talks are held with a central government in London, further economic work is conducted around the basis of turning India into a powerhouse part of the British Empire. We approve more loans for entrepreneurs attempting to add the Indian economy with railways, factories and cash crop farms springing up. We allow natives to join in with this scheme where they can apply for limited funding as well creating a new wave of people trying to head towards the middle class. To increase our trade flow with Britain we offer large government loans for groups to invest in Mumbai to construct a large port to allow raw materials and a slowly increasing number of industrial goods to flow to Britain. In matters of governance we change the new system to include more Indian born both white and brown citizens into the political and military system. We make a new system for Sepoys designed to do rolling tours with the British army in which every year a new unit is posted overseas to serve alongside the British.
- British Diplomacy: The British Government sends a note to the Indian Governors which is intended to be read out to an assembly of all Princes in the land. We address the issue of Imperial Reform Act, and right the misconception that India would be annexed into the Empire. To the contrary, India would gain even more autonomy than before, with a new government established wherein princes would become members of the Indian House of Lords. The Princes would still retain their power, and India would keep her autonomy, but the country would also be a constituent of a larger superstate of Britannia.
- Taiping Heavenly Kingdom: The Heavenly King is stuck between a rock and a hard place, for domestic support for the rebellion resides in the Taiping people believing that the Heavenly King is the second brother of Jesus and if the Heavenly King renounces this it may cause serious problems for Taiping, but if he doesn't he loses international support for the rebellion, which is crucial for victory. Because of this, the Heavenly King makes an ultimatum to western governments, that he will renounce his heretical belief once the Qing Dynasty is defeated in order to not disrupt the Heavenly Citizens. Once the war is won, we will reform Taiping Christianity. Meanwhile, domestic improvements continue. With the secret Austrian aid and the Indian invasion of Yunnan, the Heavenly Army relaunches a grand offensive of 120,000 troops on the strategic port of Shanghai under the command of the Heavenly General Li Xiucheng. The objective is capture Shanghai, and we do this by surrounding the city.
- Austrian Diplomacy: Due to the Heavenly King most recent announcement, we secretly send him aid in the form of supplies, military advisors, volunteers, better technology, modern weapons and ammo. However we wish this help to remain a secret.
- Indian Empire: The Governor of British India decides to intervene in the war on the side of the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom with 75,000 soldiers dispatched via Burma to invade Yunnan.
- Taiping Diplomacy: We secretly thank Austria for their support and we publicly thank India for their support. Together, we shall overthrow the Qing Dynasty once and for all.
- Korean Dip: We would like to join you in bringing down the Qing Dynasty.
- Taiping Diplomacy: We are happy that Korea wants to help us and we accept their request under the condition that you launch a separate war against the Qing Dynasty (because algos)
- Great Korean Empire: Following Qing’s defeat in the First and Second Opium War, Emperor Gojong announces the establishment of the Korean Empire, officially exiting the Imperial Chinese tributary system and declaring full and complete independence from the Qing. Emperor Gojong adds reforms that aim to modernise Korea and reassert its independence from Western imperialist powers. As the factory system replaces the putting-out system, Korean industrial complexes undergo exponential growth, resulting in higher industrial output and production. The government dictates development, deciding which sectors are prioritised and which companies receive financial support based on their success. This culls out weaker companies and ensures the existing ones remain competitive. Many privately-owned industrial conglomerates grow with a rapid pace, benefiting from heavy financial support given by the government and investors. The government picks desirable aspects of Confucianism and traditional culture, combining them with Western ideals. Western-style architecture are built and Western-style attire becomes prevalent and mandatory. Further measures to abolish the traditional class system, and right-wing concepts such as intolerance and male chauvinism are introduced. A British-based healthcare system using western medicine and medical practices is adopted.
Sorry for the late turn everyone.
The Chilean government, having waited for Patagonia to drop its guard, orders a renewed assault on the unrecognised state. 4,000 soldiers are sent into Patagonia, accompanied by civilian settlers to colonise what it sees as a "Terra nullius."
The January Uprising continues in Congress Poland.
The various wars and rebellions in China are taking their toll on the Qing Dynasty. The Qing military is strained and soldiers, seeing prospects of a better future there, begin defecting to Taiping. An attempt on the life of Empress Dowager Cixi results in her sudden death at the hands of angry rebels. The Tongzhi Emperor, at the age of 7, is left to rule his crumbling Empire alone.
Hawaiian technologists finally succeed in constructing the first Hawaiian cannons, thanks to supplies provided by the Australian government.
The Civil War in America causes economic downturn in the United States due to British and Coalition blockades and seizures of economically important centres.
- Patagonia: King Antoine I find himself in danger due to the surprise attack of the Chilean forces led by General Cornelio Rodrigez. Once again, the King order his troops to assemble in the capital. After what he believed to be an inspiring speech to his armies (but sounded more like if Patagonia was doomed), he order his Marshal Vincent Montessier, a French officer who arrived during the year and was given the rank of Duke, to lead his forces against the Chilean, hoping that by sending most of his forces in an ultimate attempt to victory, he may actually gain one, and with it some leverage in future negotiations with the Chilean Government. Duke Vincent Montessier decide to face the Chilean in Cordoba, which is on the frontier between Chilean and Patagonian territories. With about 5,000 troops organized under his command, Montessier hope for a victory, as a defeat would mean the end of the Kingdom of Patagonia.
- Austrian Diplomacy: 12,000 volunteers arrive in Patagonia to help King Antoine in battling Chile.
- Patagonian Diplomacy: King Antoine I and his court truly thanks the Austrian Emperor Francis Joseph I, and promise that as soon as this conflict will be over, the King will make his first official foreign visit to Austria.
- Hawaii: The creation of cannons for our armed forces is a large victory for our military, and we open metal-casting facilities in Nalu to create firearms and cannons alike. We plan to end the Tahitian cease-fire by 1864, and finish off the nation "for the glory of Hawaii." We send settlers to the unclaimed islands of the North Pacific (OTL Kiribati, Line Islands, Phoenix Islands, etc.), similar to what was done with the Northwest Hawaiian Islands. We request in particular Japan and Korea to invest in the Hawaiian pineapple trade. Although propaganda is still spreading around, the smallest signs of moving toward democracy are seen, as government reforms are issued by Kamehameha IV. Troops for the Tahitian invasion grow to about 8,000, with anticipated 300 cannon-men by 1864.
- Korean Dip: We agree to invest in the Hawaiian pineapple industry as long as you sell us pineapples in subsidized prices.
- Hawaiian Dip: We agree to the subsidation, though the government is careful to make sure there is an at least significant profit.
- Russia transfers its extensive military from the frontiers of Khiva to Poland, using the newly constructed rail system that is able to move large contingents of men across the nation in relatively short periods of time. The army in Belarus, the Ukraine, and Western Russia is also added to the unit, which numbers about 400,000. We threaten to crush the rebellion or we are willing to negotiate with the leaders of the movement, willing to concede that plans to integrate Congress Poland will be halted and it shall remain as a de jure independent state under personal union with Russia. The economy continues to grow and Central Asian trade increases as Kokand is more fully integrated with the rest of the Empire. Infrastructure improvements continue to be made throughout the nation. Alaska continues to be peopled by Russians, attracted by promises of land and the possibility of social mobility.
- Polish leaders (MOD): Fearing the reversal of Russian promises, and that they'd be prosecuted and executed anyway, the leaders of the rebellion refuse to surrender, and call for the right of total self-determination and the full restoration of the Kingdom of Poland. The movement continues to expand and nationalistic fervour spreads throughout the former territories of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.
- British Diplomacy: We implore the Russian government not to use more force to crush the rebellion. The Queen writes a letter to Tsar Alexander II asking him not to sacrifice all the progress he has made thus far simply for the sake of crushing a few rebels. The British Ambassador to Russia offers to mediate negotiations between the Poles and Russians.
- Korean Dip: The Emperor Gojong proposes an alliance with the Russians.
- Austrian Diplomacy: We demand this uprising to be crushed right now, with the Polish leaders unwilling to negotiate any kind of settlement, since its causing instability in the area, offering the Russian Empire our help at crushing this rebellion.
- Russia offers all non-leaders of the Polish rebellion complete amnesty if they turn their arms in to the local officials. Emperor Alexander II then offers to re-establish the Polish Sejm, which had been permanently dissolved by his predecessor, Alexander I, in 1831. Alexander II, who has a record for reform and supporting Polish and Finnish nationalism under the Russian Emperor, sends an additional letter to the Polish leaders, telling them to stand down and face justice or face the wrath of the Russian military.
- British Guiana: Infrastructure and economy begins to expand, while in other news UK redirected some money towards to our colony to improve more military capabilities. Military is consolidating most of the troops, but it could take more time to do it. Although, Georgetown and most of the cities continues to have population growing, and some cities that they are undone is still at its progress to complete. The supplies still continues to progress as well and military supplies, but indeed they may be low or good. The total of troops is still unknown, but it may be confirmed that the troop total should be exactly about 35,000 at British Guiana military base.
- Great Korean Empire: The Great Korean Empire continues to assert its status as a completely independent state by severing all diplomatic ties with the Qing that uphold its traditional relationship. Emperor Gojong continues to introduce numerous structural reforms that are expected to rapidly modernise Korea and strengthen it to the point where it can retain its independence from Western imperialist powers as well as its neighbours. As the factory system continues to replace the putting-out system, Korean industrial complexes undergo exponential growth, resulting in higher industrial output and production. The government dictates development through economic plans made by the Emperor; deciding which sectors should be prioritised and which companies receive financial support based on their success. This culls out weaker companies and ensures the existing ones remain competitive among the domestic market. Many privately-owned industrial conglomerates grow with a rapid pace, benefiting from heavy financial support given by the government and domestic investors. The new culture created from Korean values combined with Western ideals continues to be promoted by the government. Western-style architecture are built and Western-style attire becomes prevalent among the Elite and mandatory for diplomats and government officials. Further measures to abolish the traditional class system, and right-wing concepts such as intolerance and male chauvinism are introduced. The Emperor Gojong introduces numerous new education laws, and a Western-based curriculum. Hundreds of state funded schools are built, with primary and secondary education becoming compulsory for all young subjects of the Great Korean Empire. Compulsory military service for all able-bodied men aged 21 to 22 is enacted. The Emperor Gojong proposes an alliance between the United Kingdom and Japan, and offers a trade agreement with the British; the Koreans would give manufactured silk-based textiles in exchange for modern gunpowder weapons and European technologies. The Emperor, in an effort to show that the Koreans are no longer pro-Chinese, also invades Manchuria and offers to send troops to support British India's campaigns in Yunnan and the Imperial Japanese against the samurai.
- British-India Secret Communication: London instructs the Governor in India to politely reject any assistance offered by Korea, and to make do with what is already available.
- Indian Empire: We having made initial gains into Yunnan continue on our offensives reinforcing our troops so that after losses inflicted by Qing China we still have 75,000 troops. We order our men to set about taking Kumming while at the same time we make Du Wenixu the prince/ sultan of the Pingnan Guo sultanate which will be a Indian Empire protectorate once we control it. We move our siege artillery commanded by our British forces to start the bombarding of the Qing fortress. While back in India we keep moving forwards with our vast industrialisation efforts and public financing of private schemes run by both foreign British business interests and an Indian middle class. In many of the larger and growing cities we subsidise education allowing it to be accessed by those outside of the richest nobility but still not accessible by the lower castes.
- Austrian Diplomacy: We offer to the Indian Gov aid in the form of military advisers, supplies, better tech, modern weapons, ammo and help with their industralization, to thank them for helping the Heavenly emperor. Also investments are made in India. We ask the Indian gov to give us (economic) privileges, over our competitors (of course not the UK) in return, so that more investments can be made into their economy.
- Indian Empire: Yes, we agree to this.
- Portugal: War continues. We land troops in Macau, our colony.
- Austrian Empire: Any Polish people suspected of being rebels inside Austrian territories, receive a visit from our loyal soldiers, are taken into a forest nearby and shot down. Forces fighting with our allies against our enemies in the American continent continue their offensive making gains from the USA and Mexico. We continue to kill any Mexican POWs that we arrest. Huge growth of our nation continues due to all recent policies. More money are put at improving our infrastructure, mainly in Austria and Bohemia and improving our army, by researching on new technologies and improvements, while also buying good foreign weapons to be used in the army like Krupp C64 and C67 steel, breech loaded field gun. Werndl–Holub rifle begins to be massively produced to be used in the army.
- Ottoman Empire: The first Ottoman Games happen in Istanbul. They are an extreme success and spread the popularity of sporting games. Istanbul is the overall winner.
- Taiping Heavenly Kingdom: The Heavenly Army, under the leadership of the Heavenly General Li Xiucheng, has successfully conquered the great port city of Shanghai, and we rename Shanghai the Heavenly Port. The Heavenly Port greatly increases our wealth in ways we could not imagine, and Hong Reangan, the Heavenly Governor, appropriates this money to invest in industrializing our nation, and we fund the creation of many new factories. We also use the money to build railroads and canals to allow for greater speeds of transportation and to build schools to educate our people and set up hospitals to insure our people are healthy. We welcome the former Qing Soldiers with open arms and accept them into Taiping society and the Heavenly Army. The combination of military conquest of Shanghai, former Qing soliders, and the death of the Empress makes the Heavenly subjects and the Heavenly King extremely elated, for it assures us that we have officially achieved the Mandate of Heaven. Since we have achieved the Mandate of Heaven, the Heavenly King issues an ultimatum from the Heavenly Capital to the Tongzhi Emperor in Beijing. "Dear Tongzhi Emperor, the time has come to face the truth, the Qing Dynasty has lost the Mandate of Heaven and the support of the Chinese people while the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom has achieved both the Mandate of Heaven and the support of the people. For this reason, you must surrender all of China to me, the Heavenly King, and this nation, the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom. If you accept your life will be spared and you may live wherever you please. If you do not surrender, however, your life will end at the hands of either the unruly masses or the Heavenly Army, and the Imperial Palace shall be burned to the ground. I am sorry for your loss-The Heavenly King." (MOD RESPONSE REQUIRED)
- Tongzhi Emperor (MOD): Being only seven years of age, the Emperor is unable to understand the meaning of the letter. He is instead told by his advisors to flee the country to seek help before he is assassinated by Taiping agents. In disguise, the young Emperor along with his aides makes his way out of China, attempting to seek asylum in any nearby European colony.
- Taiping Heavenly Kingdom: With no response from Tongzhi Emperor or his advisers in the form of a letter, the Heavenly Army launches a campaign north to Beijing under the leadership of the Heavenly General with 100,000 troops. Meanwhile, Taiping agents in Beijing find the Tongzhi Emperor missing and attempt a coup d'eat in the Imperial Palace.
- Spain: Economy, infrastructure and military improve. Population continues to grow, roads and farms are built or improved and cities continue to grow. More residential buildings, cultural and public buildings, commercial buildings, militaristic buildings, educational buildings and factories are built. Western Sahara and Spanish Guinea continues expending by 20 px each. With China becomes all weaker and less defensive, Spain begins sending thousands of troops to Philippines, seeking that the invasion of China will soon occur sometimes.
- Papal States: Whilst the "Heavenly King"'s statement earlier in the year of his intent to convert to a more orthodox Christianity in the event of victory against the Qing is well received in the Vatican, the Pope says he cannot in good conscience officially recognise the "Heavenly King" diplomatically until he renounces his claim to divinity. The King's positive stance on Christianity gives hope to the Jesuit Mission to Taiping, and they begin proselytising to the local Chinese population in earnest, instructing them in the Catholic faith. Initial preparations for a future Ecumenical Council are undertaken, with the Pope seeking the advice of various people. Pius IX asks the bishops of the CSA for reports on their progress in implementing Liberavitque Dominus. (MOD RESPONSE REQUIRED)(I think)
- Bishops in the CSA (MOD): Catholic bishops have obeyed the Holy Father, reporting that implementation of the Liberavitque Dominus is proceeding, albeit slowly, as many of the slave-owning congregation are reluctant to release their slaves.
- Japan: We are making huge gains on the Samurai, beating them in many cities leaving the majority of their influence in Kyushu. We begin to prepare for the final attack on the Samurai hopefully ending the war. We blockade Kyushu to try to lower their amount of resources before we arrive. We also increase rice production, and prepare to undertake a building of a larger Modernized navy of over 50 ships over the course of the next four years.
- Toucouleur Empire: The Massina have totally collapsed surrendering to our armies as not only Handallahi(their capital) and their royal family are captured. In return to their lives, they surrendered Massina leaving no resistance allowing us to take over their administration and institution uninterrupted. We have built 75% of the Golden Triangle and also we expand this road network to Jenne, Hamdallahi and Timbuktu. We request Futa Toro and Futa Jallon government to join us as we border both of their nations and we are all jihadist nations with same ideals and Futa Toro and we are Toucouleur (alliance, vassalization or incorporation). (MOD RESPONSE REQUIRED)
- Futa Toro and Jallon (MOD): Fearing the Toucouleur and wanting to avoid violence, they agree to enter the Toucouleur sphere of influence, although they do not wish to be directly incorporated into the Empire.
- Guatemala: Perhaps suddenly and unexpectedly, President Rafael Carrera died at the age of 48 on August 8th, 1863. Declared president for life only ten years earlier, the President was held with the responsibility of establishing a successor. A task he never fulfilled due the the untimely manner of his demise. Now with the loss of the conservative president, Liberals who previously were in exile from the repressive conservative government are emerging. Stability is low as the political landscape is shifting quickly. The conservative party is not able to decide who should take the presidency, leaving most of the military and government to abandon their posts. Taking advantage of this, the Liberal President of El Salvador Gerardo Barrios, has quickly and successfully performed a coup on the Guatemalan government to re-establish the Liberal control of Guatemala and to stop the oppression of the Guatemalan people. After a period of occupation, the new Government is formed with Guatemalan 28 year old native Justo Rufino Barrios as the new President and leader of the independent Republic of Guatemala. Although the coup was successful and the majority of Guatemalans are supportive, the Conservative neighbor Honduras does not support the new regime and tension grows. El Salvador continues its support of the new Guatemala and agrees to provide any support in the assured independence of the Federal Republic of Guatemala. In the coming months, after the dust settles, President Barrios will begin to work towards an improved Guatemala, that provides equal rights to all and promotes the well being of all its citizens.
WARNING: All players who have not posted by the end of the turn will be removed from game-play.
The Qing Empire has collapsed completely following the disappearance of the Tongzhi Emperor. Taiping claims victory and dominion over all China. However, the Nian and Miao rebellions continue in the north and southwest respectively. Simultaneously British India continues its assault on southwestern China as the new government struggles to find its footing.
The Poles, though not completely satisfied, fear their complete destruction at the hands of the Russian military. The leaders of the January Uprising reluctantly agree to the re-establishment of the Sejm and partial autonomy. The Uprising has come to an end with a Russian diplomatic victory.
Continued British advance in America has left the people of the northern States weary. Unrest grips the population of the United States as the longing for peace spreads throughout the continent.
The institutions of the Empire of Greater Britannia have been established, almost two years after the formal proclamation.
Due to the continued blockades of American cities by the British, the US economy continues to collapse. Increasing unrest spreads through the nation also because of this downturn.
The Tongzhi Emperor appears in British Malaya, and his aides seek asylum on his behalf.
- United Kingdom: The elections for the first Realm Governments are to be held next year, simultaneously with the next UK General Election. The Premierships of Wales, Scotland and Ireland have also been established. The governments of Wales, Scotland and Ireland will be elected at the same time as well. Meanwhile, Queen Victoria begins making preparations for an Imperial tour, as she is due to be crowned in the various Realms after the legislative elections. In other news, we applaud Russia for finding a peaceful and diplomatic solution to the January Uprising, and congratulate the Tsar for this victory.
- Diplomacy: We inform the Taiping Revolutionary Government in China that we will formally recognise Taiping as the true government of China on the condition that they cede the southwestern territories of China to British India, agree to formally release Korea from the Imperial tributary system, and renounce its rights to expansion. Should Taiping agree to these concessions, we will also move the Tongzhi Emperor to London, where he would reside permanently in a British noble foster family.
- Taiping Diplomacy: We have formally released Korea from the Imperial tributary system and recognized them as an independent state. Instead, we have entered into a free trade agreement and we mutually benefit in our new economic prosperity. We are reluctant to cede our southwestern territories, but we are willing to negotiate the partition of the Yunnan province on the condition that India stops attacking Yunnan. We are also reluctant to renounce our rights to expansion for we may lose land soon. We are, however, willing to halt territorial expansion temporarily as we focus on internal matters. We hope we are able to negotiate these proposals and reach a consensus to foster warmer relations between our nations.
- British Diplomacy: We thank Taiping for ensuring Korean independence from China. We are willing to enter negotiations and will instruct the Indian government to cease attacks, but troops already in the Yunnan Province must remain to secure peace and order. See Sino-British Agreement for negotiating table (to be created).
- Hawaiian Dip: We offer to Britain that the Tongzhi Emperor be deported to Hawaii. He will become a worker at the Lana'i pineapple plantation, but will not be allowed to leave the kingdom. Seeing as he is only 7, and he had nothing to do with suppressing the Taiping kingdom, this is the reason we offer asylum to him on Lana'i.
- British Diplomacy: We thank Hawaii for their offer, but politely decline having the Tongzhi Emperor deported to Hawaii. We have made arrangements for the Emperor, officially identified as Mstr Tsai-ch'un Aisin-Gioro by British authorities, to be transported to live in London under state protection. He will be raised by a British foster family, and will be monitored by the Government. Most of his aides, meanwhile, will remain in Malaya, to prevent them from influencing the former Emperor to stage any activities against Britannia and/or the new Chinese government in Taiping.
- Hawaii: The unclaimed North Pacific islands (OTL Kiribati and Marshall Islands) are annexed into the kingdom. Propaganda has raised troop numbers to 10,000, with an estimated 400 cannon-men. We surprise-attack Tahiti, who has pretty much forgotten about the war; we know know the area very well after the prior invasions. Seeing as Taiping has won the war, we officially recognize the Heavenly Kingdom. In other news, we work to improve infrastructure, namely in the central islands, and government reforms are showing hints of a democracy emerging.
- Portugal: We seize lands surrounding Macau. We allow the young emperor to use Macau to transfer to London. We land more forces in Macau.
- Taiping Diplomacy: We demand Portugal to cease seizing lands surrounding Macau as that is our sovereign territory and demand that Portugal returns its soldiers to Macau and return the land to us.
- Portuguese Dip: We apologize but we would be willing to purchase land if you are available (like 3 px). Otherwise, we pull out accepting lands immediately surrounding Macau (only like one-kalf a pixel or something).
- Great Korean Empire: The Great Korean Empire celebrates the downfall of the Qing and immediately recognises the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom as the sole legitimate government of China. Emperor Gojong continues to approve the introduction of more structural reforms that are expected to modernise Korea in a relatively short span of time, thus ensuring independence from Western imperialist powers. The taxation system is reformed, and the landowner rank is abolished, with peasants giving their own private plots of land. As the factory system continues to replace the putting-out system, Korean industrial complexes continue to undergo exponential growth, resulting in increasingly higher industrial output and production. The government creates the Korean Planning Committee, dictating Korean development, choosing which sectors are to be prioritised, and deciding on which companies should receive financial support based on their success. This culls out weaker companies and ensures the existing ones remain competitive among the domestic market. Many privately-owned industrial conglomerates grow with a rapid pace, benefiting from heavy financial support given by the government and domestic investors. The new culture created from Korean values combined with Western ideals continues to be promoted by the government. Western-style architecture are built and Western-style attire becomes prevalent among the wealthy and mandatory for diplomats and government officials. Further measures to abolish the traditional class system, and right-wing concepts such as intolerance and male chauvinism are introduced. More state funded educational buildings are built, and compulsory involvement of all young subjects of the Great Korean Empire in its education programs becomes more enforced.
- Papal Diplomacy: The Cardinal Secretary of State writes to the Emperor, stating his hope that the new liberalism and openness to Western thought in Korea will mean allowing foreign missionaries, and relaxing restrictions on Korean Catholics, which most unfortunately led to the deaths of hundreds over the past decades.
- Korean Diplomacy: Emperor Gojong introduces a law that states a freedom of religion, and relaxes restrictions on Korean Christians and other religious minorities.
- Patagonia: Following the battle of Cordoba, which seems to have ended up confusingly, Marshal Vincent Montessier welcome among his own men the 12,000 volunteers from Austria and their leader, a lowborn nobleman named Heiner von Kermann. The Austrian are then received King Antoine, who gladly accept their help and thanks once again the Austrian Emperor for his help. Montessier then divide the new plan for the war. While he will organize raids with Latino and Mapuche soldiers (taking with him about 3000 troops divided in various groups for the raids), von Kermann will be charged of organizing the defences on the borders with the Austrian volunteers and the rest of the Mapuche soldiers. Montessier also set up some ambushes for the Chilean forces.
- Austrian Diplomacy: We send ten cannons and 1,000 modern rifles to the independent nation of Araucanía and Patagonia, along with a recognition as an independent state, while also recognizing Araucanía as an illegally occupied part of your nation, we also offer them a trade agreement, we will send you war supplies and other necessities and in return you will give as products, even if they are not of equal value its ok.
- Patagonia Diplomacy: King Antoine I is happy to gain recognition from a powerful nation like Austria. He also agree to a trade agreement, He also remind Austria that the economy of Patagonia is based on mining, whaling, sheep and agriculture, but that they will provide whatever is needed to repay Austria. Should the war end in a victory, King Antoine promise to invite the Austrian Emperor to the negotiations so Austria can gain something out of this war.
- CSA: Tries to work out a peace treaty with the USA.
- Guatemala: After several months of organization and re-establishing order, the new liberal government is in place. Domestically, President Barrios's first actions are to begin the first draft of the would be first Guatemalan constitution, and to also begin the revitalization of Guatemalan infrastructure with the rebuilding of the capital Guatemala City, and the rebuilding of the national trade transportation routes to increase efficiency and reduce cost. The first Guatemalan constitutional convention will begin within the next year. The president also dissolves the Concordat between the Vatican and Guatemala, ending the Catholic Church's control over Guatemalan education and ending the ability for the church to censor publications in Guatemala. Barrios believes that this is also one of the first steps of modernizing and creating a strong Guatemala, where the citizen's have the ability to control their lives. On the international front, President Barrios plans to continue to improve relations with Honduras and Nicaragua while tension is high. The liberal countries of El Salvador and Costa Rica continue to be supportive of the new government. The president also plans to reach out to begin trade with Mexico, Great Britain, Portugal and France.
- Spain: Economy, infrastructure and military improve. Population continues to grow, roads and farms are built or improved and cities continue to grow. More residential buildings, cultural and public buildings, commercial buildings, militaristic buildings, educational buildings and factories are built. Western Sahara and Spanish Guinea continues expending by 20 px each. The Invasion of China is cancelled. Instead, Spain declares war on the weakness Sultanate of Maguindanao, and Spanish Philippines's military force invades Maguindanao. Begins to colonize eastern part of New Guinea by sending settlers from Philippines and builds new cities and made trade with local tribes living in the area. In eastern part of New Guinea, local tribes begins to be westernized by teaching cultures yet haven't known before and learns how to write. Missionaries also converts natives in New Guinea to Catholicism.
- Papal Diplomacy: The Pope thanks the Spanish for their strength of faith in supporting the noble cause of missionary activities.
- Austrian Empire: With the Polish rebels surrendering, we stop persecuting them. Forces fighting with our allies against our enemies in the American continent continue their offensive making gains from the USA and Mexico. We continue to kill any Mexican POWs that we arrest. Huge growth of our nation continues due to all recent policies. Infrastructure and Military are improved.
- Austrian Diplomacy: We ask Mexico to unconditionally surrender, taking into consideration their heavy losses against France and Austria. (MOD RESPONSE)
- Mexican Diplomacy: Mexico is offended by the arrogance of Austria's diplomacy, yet is unsurprised by the lack of decorum. The request is rejected. The war continues.
- Mexico: Forces fighting with our allies against our enemies in the American continent continue their offensive making gains from the CSA and Texas. We continue to kill any Austrian and French POWs that we arrest. Huge growth of our nation continues due to all recent policies. Infrastructure and Military are improved. We do not recognise the splinter nations of the CSA. Guerrilla tactics continue and blockades are introduced against the foreign enemies. Nationalism is strong.
- Mexican Diplomacy: We ask Austria and France to unconditionally surrender, taking into consideration their own losses and the fact that Mexico can never successfully be ruled by foreign usurpers. (MOD RESPONSE)
- British Guiana: We continue to improve our economy and infrastructure, while most of the troops are recruited in the military base. Although, the cities continue to build even more, while Georgetown continues to have its population growing up. It seems that most of the troops are training and probably should have more better experience to do it. The supplies are also improving, since it's very low whilst UK redirected the money from us is good news.
- Indian Empire: Now that we control almost all of Yunnan. We set up a new Muslim-dominated sultan government which we support with Sepoy troops backing the new regime up. Meanwhile, back in India, we continue to push for industrialisation with the government backing individual private companies. A number of Indian princes start to apply for government loans to set up more industry own privately by them. To create a growing middle class we also ask the British to give us funds for an education scheme for the inner cities. We pull most of our Presidency armies out of China now satisfied that the situation has been resolved.
- Denmark: King Frederick VII dies early this year heirless. Because of this the male line of the House of Oldenburg is extinct. The Nation enters a period of mourning. As per a previous agreement with Christian of Glücksburg he ascends to the throne as Christian IX. The Danish parliament decides to withdraw its support from the British in their war against America. The countries economy continues to improve. Investments in the infrastructure of Iceland continues. Assimilation of native Greenlanders continue. New Copenhagen grows by 20 people. Continued growth of Greenland colonies continue. We begin to fund expeditions to go to Africa and establish colonies (MOD RESPONSE). Our navy expands by five ships. Our nation begins to debate establishing absolute primogenitury but the idea is passed off as being absurd.
- Papal States: The Pope is very glad to hear the responses from the Bishops of the CSA, and encourages them to continue their good work. With the Taiping successful in their takeover of China, the Pope writes to the Heavenly King, reminding him of his promise to renounce his claimed divinity, and inviting him to join the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. The Jesuit mission in Taiping continue their proselytising with greater ardour, and also state their willingness to baptise and confirm the Heavenly King. In other news, research and other initial preparations for the ecumenical council continue.
- The Russian Empire prepares for the introduction of semi-autonomy in Congress Poland, starting with plans to re-establish the Sejm fully laid out. As in the previous Sejm, the Senate will be comprised of 60 Polish officials, such as bishops and voivodes, who are at least 35 years old and are appointed by the Emperor, as King of Poland. Also as in the previous Sejm, the Chamber of Deputies will be comprised of elected members who are voted upon in local districts by all land-owning males (excluding Jews). The 120 members will be elected on a staggered 6-year term, with 40 members elected every two years. The leader of the Sejm will be appointed by the King of Poland at the recommendation of the plurality of the Chamber of Deputies. Meanwhile, a similar system is set up in the Grand Duchy of Finland, where the Eduskunta is established following the same procedures. Many observers see Alexander II as establishing a framework to be tried out later in Russia, after seeing its shortcomings and successes in the associated states. In East Asia, Russia joins the Treaty of Hanseong, renouncing its claims to Manchuria but gaining parts of Mongolia from Taiping China. We immediately work to put down the local rebellions, which is achieved easily. Infrastructure development continues, especially the railroads that continue to criss-cross the nation. The economy in large cities is improved as many ex-serfs continue to relocate and work for wages in large factories.
- Taiping Heavenly of Kingdom of Great Peace: We have finally achieved victory against our enemy the Qing Dynasty and we ecstatic in our victory and we have a national victory celebration and rename ourselves to the Chinese Heavenly of Empire of Great Peace. The capital remains to be Tianjing, the Heavenly capital. With our victory, we sign the Treaty of Hanseong and enter the Sino-British Agreement. The Heavenly King implements the key teachings of Jesus Christ, to love God and love others, and thus declares a policy of cooperation among the Heavenly Citizens. "It is only through love and cooperation that we can advance and improve as individuals and as a collective nation. Thus we must help and love each other." The Heavenly King also declares all Heavenly citizens to be equal under God and under the law and allows everyone to advance socially and economically as well as declaring equality among all citizens. The Heavenly King officially emancipates all slaves of the Qing Dynasty and also encourages communal living. The Heavenly King declares that the Heavenly Empire shall begin its course of industrializing as an entire nation, and factories, schools, railroads, canals, and hospitals are built and invested in nationwide. We also provide incentives for people to start new businesses and benefit greatly from free trade with the Korean Empire. Hong Rengan, the Prime Minister, implements these policies, The Heavenly King represents us diplomatically and the Heavenly General parades the Heavenly Capital in victory and they are all celebrated as national heroes.
- Argentine Confederation: After unifying our country for four years now, president Bartolomé Mitre Martínez decides to rewrite a new constitution to replace the one formed in 1853. Planning of the new constitution is immediately held, and Martinez believes that the new constitution will enhance the structure of the republic. Congress is planning to rename the country as Argentine Republic and form the federal government at Buenos Aires state. Furthermore, the confederation is unifying its army. Finally, the Argentine Confederation asks to trade with Britain, US, Patagonia, Austrai, etc.
- Toucouleur Empire: We have built all of the Golden Triangle and built half of the roads to connect Jenne, Hamdallahi and Timbuktu and build roads to our new vassal Futa Jallon. With our new vassal Futa Jallon (Tooro is under French control) serving as a western bulkhead, we look to the east as the Mossi Kingdoms seem ripe to the taking. We send diplomats to them to see if any of the four Mossi kingdoms (Ouagadougou [Ruling kingdom], Yatenga [Main Rival], Tenkodogo, Gurma) would aid our efforts by offering them land for either vassalization or an alliance. (MOD RESPONSE REQUIRED)
The world collapses into anarchy and chaos as the Empire of Greater Britannia collapses following the sudden, mysterious death of Queen Victoria.*
April Fools'! The actual mod events will come later.
In China, despite the collapse of the Ming Dynasty the Nian and Miao Rebellions continue to rage in Jiangsu/Hunan and Guizho provinces, respectively. The leaders of these rebellions demand their issues (flood damage and taxation, again respectively) to be resolved by the new Taiping government before putting down arms.
The main complication is that the Taiping are largely broke, after fighting a costly rebellion and the Chinese bursary having been emptied due to the competing rebellions they had faced over the past few years.
More events to come...
Pls do something about the wars in the American Continent, Mexico claims that they win against Austria, France and the CSA, this is absurd.~Wrto12
Also pls do an algo or something. I can't fight on this war forever. It's been more than eight turns now...~Wrto12
- You are allowed to do the algorithm yourself. ~Tim
- I don't think wrto can do one. I can't either. ~Tao64
- I can do most of the algo, but I can't do chance. Also, I will need some mod to check it. ~Wrto12
- Hawaii: We continue to press on in Tahiti. We work to improve infrastructure, especially in our main cities, and we are currently trying to devise a regulated education system. We establish a military government on the occupied tip of the island of Moorea, to put the load of operating occupied areas off of Kamehameha and the parliament. Resistance in occupied villages remains a problem, but military personnel and their threats of cannons help squelch most rebellions.
- The invasion succeeds once more. Small land gains are made on the island of Moorea.
James Whyte plans to separate from the rest of Australia starts to happen with a possible referendum to happen in two years time. The plan being is to keep trade with Britain and Australia but not to be involved in any wars outside of the region.In other news the creation of the railway which will link the lines of Hobart and Launceston.
- Keep in mind that Britain, and the Australian dominion with it, collapsed this turn. Independence shouldn't be too hard. --Orangebird "SPACESHIP!" --Benny in the Lego Movie (→My wall!←) 03:29, April 1, 2016 (UTC)
- Also remember that today is Aprils Fools Day, so that is why I put it in two years. HawkAussie (Talk) 03:33, April 1, 2016 (UTC)
- I finally get it... Darn you Timmeh xD --Orangebird "SPACESHIP!" --Benny in the Lego Movie (→My wall!←) 03:34, April 1, 2016 (UTC)
- MOD: This is implausible. Tasmania cannot possibly hope to mount an independence movement. It is tiny, has few resources, and is already a state of the Australian Realm. On its own, its economy would collapse, and the nation would quickly fall. If you like, you can play as Australia as a whole.
- Stranger things have happened. but ok then, I will go as Australia from the next turn on-wards. HawkAussie (Talk) 05:14, April 1, 2016 (UTC)
- Argentine Republic: After several talks in congress, the government decides that a new constitution will be made and be implemented in the next year. President Martinez agrees to change the name of the nation to Argentine Republic. Having to observe Chile's violence against Patagonia, Argentine Republic decides to aid Patagonia with 1500 troops. More troops are mobilising for the direct war with Chile in the near future. We ask to ally with Patagonia and Austria. Further ask for more trade with other nations.
- Hawaiian Diplomacy: We ask Argentina if it wishes to invest in the Hawaiian pineapple trade.
- Argentine Dip: We happily agree to invest on the trade. We ask Hawaii if they would like to be allies.
- Patagonian Dip: King Antoine I and his staff agree to an alliance with Argentina and to trade with them. This alliance will surely help bringing Chile to its knees! However he canno't talk for Austria. The King also agree to a trade with Argentina, as both nations will be able to help each others.
- Patagonian Dip (Secret): Should you participate actively to the war, our nations could just split Chile between us after a total victory. We encourage a more direct attack on the Chilean coas while their troops are occupied in Patagonia.
- Austrian DIplomacy: We accept Argantina's offer of a trade agreement and an alliance.
- Austrian Diplomacy (Secret): We can provide the kingdom of Kingdom of Araucanía and Patagonia and the Argentine Republic with aid(better tech, military advisors, modern weapons, cannons, war supplies amd other necessities), however we cannot intervene in another war in the American Continent as we are already waging a war against Mexico and the USA. But we ask for economical privileges, so that we can invest money into the Argentine and Araucanían/Patagonian economies.
- Hawaiian Dip: We accept the alliance.
- Argentine republic: We also accept the alliance.
- United Kingdom: Parliament is convened to debate a revision to the Imperial Reform Act, which would split Western Australia from the rest of Australia, creating the Realm of Westralia. Westralia's capital would be Perth, and it would be split into several provinces:
- Swan — The area surrounding Perth.
- Kimberley — The northernmost regions of WA.
- Pilbara — A province immediately south of Kimberley.
- Gascoyne — The northwest of WA.
- Esperance — The largest province, consisting of the south-east of WA.
- Stirling — The Southwest Wine region.
- Hawaiian Diplomacy: We request an alliance with Brittania, particularly the Australian dominion. However, we hope that Britannia understands we do not wish to intervene with the American Civil War.
- Guatemalan Diplomacy: We are interested into the possibility of purchasing or signing an agreement of obtaining British Honduras from the British. As the land has no known valuable resources, we expect a reasonable agreement. We are also willing to offer full military access to Guatemala and to all Guatemalan ports, with the stipulation of a non-aggression pact.
- In the Russian Empire, eight years after the embarrassing defeat of the Crimean War, our naval fleet is ordered to return to the Black Sea and a military presence is restored to Stevastopol. Emperor Alexander II reassures his European friends that he is a progressive, forward-thinking leader who would shun any war with a European power and that the move is simply for self-defence against and potential unprovoked Turkish attack. As the first elections for the Sejm of Congress Poland and the Eduskunta of the Grand Duchy of Finland take place, Alexander announces his plan to re-establish individual armies for Poland and Finland and their autonomy from the Russian forces. Our standing army is relocated from Poland to Kokand, preparing for an invasion of Khiva. In Europe, we begin to influence Romania, asking for an alliance, vassalization or annexation. (MOD RESPONSE).
- Portugal: We pull our forces back into Macau. We land forces in Mexico in a surprise attack.
- Austrian Diplomacy: We thank Portugal for joining the war against Mexico, we offer them an alliance and we also offer to give them the Yucatán Peninsula, at the war's end.
- Portugal: We accept.
- British Guiana: We were shocked about Queen Victoria's death, but nevertheless the infrastructure and economy improves whilst the plan of ports begin to build in coast of Guiana. Georgetown is slightly rising up, the troops are begin to recruit in military, as supplies progresses on. The possibility of much supplies is still unknown, but with total of troops are about 36,900 at least. We set the goal to build more bunkers to protect military in any cause of the war between other threats.
- Hahahaha, Queen Victoria hasn't died. It's just an April Fool's Joke.
- Well, I wasn't paying attention to that. April Fool's Jokes can happen sometimes. So, yeah.
- Guatemala: The country is now as stable as ever. There are growing concerns about Mexico's war with the British Coalition as the American Civil War seems to drag on. The first Guatemala constitutional convention occurred on the 27th of July 1864. Many agreements were achieved as to what would be included in the constitution basing most of the constitution on the American constitution that was only written 87 years before. Within the first draft of the constitution, it states that the country must provide basic education for all citizens and must promote the well being of all residents of Guatemala. With the growing threat of war from the conservatives of Honduras and Nicaragua, and the possibility of foreign powers attempting the subjugation of Mexican land after the conclusion of the American Civil War, talks of a union with El Salvador for a united Central America begin. President Barrios continues to revoke the control of the Church over the government and the citizens stating that there should be a separation of church and state modeling American beliefs. The rebuilding of Guatemala City begins with the renovation of the Central Square.
- Patagonia: The news of Argentina's help is well received at the capital, and King Antoine express in his yearly speech that he concider the Argentinian government as their greatest friends in America. The Lauriers fully begin to impliment itself as the national money of Patagonia, and is now use frequently by the traders in the country. The King also suprise the population by announcing the betrothal of his nephew and heir, the 20 years old Adrien-Jean, to the daughter of Vincent Montessier, the 17 years old Béatrice Montessier. However, the marriage would have to wait the end of the war. Heiner von Kermann continue to supervise the defences on the battlefront, building fortification to protect the frontier. Marshal Montessier decide that a good push in Chilean territories is possible. Taking 5000 troops, Montessier led an offensive in the north to join with the Argentinian.
- Austrian Diplomacy (Secret): We can provide the kingdom of Kingdom of Araucanía and Patagonia and the Argentine Republic with aid (better tech, military advisors, modern weapons, cannons, war supplies amd other necessities). However, we cannot intervene in another war in the American Continent as we are already waging a war against Mexico and the USA. But we ask for economical privileges, so that we can invest money into the Argentine and Araucanían/Patagonian economies.
- Patagonian Dip (Secret): The King accept the offer. From now on, he will always priorize Austrian investments over other European investments from now on, and Austria will receive the economic privileges asked.
- Argentine Dip (Secret): The president accepts this offer, too. The government vows to always stand on the Austrian side and aid the nation militarily and economically, hoping to expand the trade between the republic and Austria.
- Japan: The Samurai have largely been fought off in their last island stronghold. While there may still be a few Samurai fighting we have largely killed them off or caused them to surrender. in the last two years. Now that the few entities on the island of Japan can face us, we oust the emperor and proclaim ourself the true emperor of Japan. We also request to buy a modern navy from Britain. In return we will pay and provide two ports. We begin the rebuilding process. An estimated 1.2 million people died in the civil war. We ask britain invest in our rice paddies and provide us with grain.
- British Diplomacy: We express shock that the Shogun has staged a coup d'état against Emperor Osahito, who is evacuated by British authorities along with the Crown Prince Mutsuhito and the rest of the Imperial family to Canada by the Royal Navy ship HMS Dominance. We send a letter to the Shōgun asking that he allow the Emperor to return to Japan as the monarch. In the meantime, the British government will see to it that the Japanese Imperial family are made comfortable and are protected in Québec City.
- Japanese Diplomacy: We will gladly accept the Japanese royal family to come back to Japan, as long as they respect our authority.
- Ottoman Empire: All nations to stop all their wars and fight the Ottoman Empire. With alien help, Ottoman Empire is able to conquer all of Europe, North Africa and Asia. APRIL FOOLS! Anyway, we start again to build our military in light of Russias past aggression. We say to Russia that we don't want a war because it won't benfit anybody on either side. The second Ottoman Games are held in Baghdad. Baghdad therefore begins preparation for the games. We continue to honour our alliance with Persia. We would like to seek trade with most European nations, especially Britannia. We also build our economy. We continue to westernise and launch festivals to unite the empire. We stay neutral in the American Civil War which seems to be lasting forever.
- Spain: Economy, infrastructure and military improve. Population continues to grow, roads and farms are built or improved and cities continue to grow. More residential buildings, cultural and public buildings, commercial buildings, militaristic buildings, educational buildings and factories are built. Western Sahara, Spanish Guinea and New Guinea continues expending by 20 px each. Spain continues invading Maguindanao. Missionaries continues to convert natives in New Guinea to Catholicism.
- Indian Empire: We keep working through our industrialisation and funding of projects. Their is a growing middle class as more Indians move into business with government support. This leads to a growing economy and industry as much of the money is aimed towards factories.
- Toucouleur Empire: We build all the roads to connect Jenne, Hamdallahi and Timbuktu and build roads to our new vassal Futa Jallon. With our new vassal Futa Jallon(Tooro is under French control) serving as a western bulkhead, we look to the east as the Mossi Kingdoms seem ripe to the taking. We create a plan to build a railroad from Morovia to our capital Segou. We send diplomats to them to see if any of the four Mossi kingdoms (Ouagadougou [Ruling kingdom], Yatenga [Main Rival], Tenkodogo, Gurma) would aid our efforts by offering them land for either vassalization or an alliance. (MOD RESPONSE REQUIRED) We create the doctrine of the Wars of Toucouleur dictating how wars should be conducted creating divisions within our army using the advice from one of the local chiefs in our territories named Samori to modernize our army. He is them sent to conquer his homeland's neighbouring regions in the Guinea Highlands.
- Mossi kingdoms: Ouadougou refuses both. Yatenga accepts an alliance. Tenkodogo and Gurma accept vassalisation.
- Austrian Empire: We send Hungarian suicide bombers to blow up all heads of state of Europe, in exchange for their service, Hungary is promised independence. Europe is in disarray, so we invade them and annex them into our great nation. After that, occupying the rest of the world is easy. Emperor Franz Joseph is proclaimed Planetarch of Earth. April Fools! Anyway, we continue to build up our military. We continue to massively produce Werndl–Holub rifles to be used in the army, now at an increased rate. More Krupp C64 and C67 steel breech loaded field guns are bought for the army. Austria continues to experience a huge growth, now augmented due to the Treaty of Hanseong. Emperor Franz Joseph I implements reforms to reduce bureaucracy, making way easier for any private investor to open up a company, aiming to increase growth in our nation. Opening up an industry is easier now, while the state welcomes any opportunities, such as opening up new companies, with government support, as a mean of funding investors, to open up new industries.
- Papal States: The Pope sends an Apostolic Nuncio to Korea to act as permanent diplomatic representative. The Nuncio praises the Emperor's moves to legalise Catholicism, and he also makes contact with local Catholic clergy and laity. In other news, the "Heavenly King" of China is reminded of his pledge to renounce divinity.
- Heavenly Empire of China: We continue to industrialize our nation, investing in the building of factories, schools, railroads, canals, and hospitals in an effort to revitilize our economy. Trading with Korea, Austria, Russia, and the British Empire helps immensely and we welcome and encourage investment in our nation. We continue to encourage and implement the policies of cooperation and improvement in our nation and we are willing to hear the demands of the rebels.