Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "It is better to abolish serfdom from above, than to wait for that time when it starts to abolish itself from below. "
- —Tsar Alexander II of Russia to the Marshals of the Nobility, 30 March, 1856
In the year 1861, Tsar Alexander II of Russia issued the Manifest ob Otmene Krepostnogo Prava of 1861. The Emancipation Manifesto, as it came to be known, proclaimed the freedom of all Russian peasants from serfdom and virtual slavery to their aristocratic masters. Halfway across the world, the opposite transpired when seven American states seceded and thereafter united to form the Confederate States of America — a federation committed to the protection of slavery — sparking the American Civil War just two months later.
You now sit at the helm of one of the world's numerous nation-states or colonies, and it is up to you to decide the fate of your country. How will you face the impending slave crisis? How will you deal with freedom of the peasantry? How will you respond to the great Emancipation?
- July 1878, The Richmond Daily, Richmond: Shocking: Explosion in Washington, We responsible!
- December 1878, The Honolulu Times, Honolulu: Bidding farewell; Prince Kamehameha departs for school in Westralia.
- January 1879, The Swan Herald, Perth: Hawaiian in Perth, Prince James of Hawaii arrives in Westralia.
- January 1879, The Edō Chronicle, Edō: Shōgun dead, Emperor takes power.
- February 1879, The Hanseong Reporter, Hanseong: Emperor attacked by coward primitives!
If you believe that moderator(s) may be engaging in misconduct, please use this form to make a Moderator Report. Thank you.
- WikiBuilder1147 — The Tim Man (TSW • AH • MGW • Contribs)
- Reximus55 — I'd rather be a hammer than a nail...
- Wrto12 — Triumph is at hand (talk)
- Andreas.martonosy — AM, King of the Banat
If two flags are present beside each sign-up's name, this indicates that the country is part of a colonial empire or otherwise superior body, which is shown by the flag on the left. These upper bodies are as follows:
- Dutch Empire
- French Empire
- Portuguese Empire
- Spanish Empire
- Commonwealth of Hawaii
Italics indicates a country that is not internationally recognised.
Bolded nations are great powers and can only be claimed by users who have over 1000 edits, or have prior moderator approval.
Underlined nations are regional powers, and can only be claimed by users who have over 500 edits, or have prior moderator approval.
- Principality of Andorra - João "like rio" Dinis (talk) 19:04, May 5, 2016 (UTC)
- Couto Misto
- Second French Empire
- German Empire
- South German Empire Triumph is at hand (talk)
- Kingdom of Greece Ethan.beckner
- Kingdom of Italy
- Union of Jutland
- Principality of Monaco
- Principality of Montenegro
- Kingdom of the Netherlands AM, the King of the Banat
- States of the Church (Papal States): Callumthered (talk) 12:17, March 24, 2016 (UTC)
- Kingdom of Portugal
- Prussian Communal Socialist Republic — IstocnoSarajevo (talk) 06:10, April 24, 2016 (UTC)
- Russian Empire - I'd rather be a hammer than a nail...
- Most Serene Republic of San Marino
- Principality of Serbia
- Kingdom of Spain -
- United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway
- Swiss Confederation - CamoWarrior -Should show what to do next or help get started
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
- Emirate of Afghanistan - Bozistanball
- Kingdom of Bhutan
- Indian Empire - User: Harvey.bell
- Sultanate of Brunei
- Emirate of Bukhara
- Kingdom of Burma
- Socialist Republic of China –
- Dutch East Indies - AM, the King of the Banat
- Emirate of Ha'il
- Japanese Empire (Tokugawa Shogunate) - Nlenhardt (talk)
- Ryūkyū Kingdom
- Kiribati Colony
- Marshall Islands
- Sultanate of Johor
- Kingdom of Kabul (Kabulistan)
- Khanate of Khiva
- Khanate of Kokand
- Great Korean Empire – † ⌒⌒⌒＼(;ᄋ;＼)三(ﾉ>ᄉ<)ﾉ ~ ("코사랑 캐타, 撒但!")
- Sultanate of Maguindanao
- Sultanate of Maldives
- Kingdom of Manipur
- Sultanate of Muscat and Oman
- Negeri Sembilan
- Kingdom of Nepal
- Ottoman Empire ~ AH28
- Sultanate of Pahang
- Sultanate of Perak
- Persian Empire
- Kingdom of Sarawak
- Sultanate of Selangor
- Kingdom of Siam Yellowcat5 (talk)
- Chogyalate of Sikkim
- Sultanate of Sulu
- — French Indochina
- Republic of Canada -
- Confederate States of America - Vatonica (talk) 20:52, April 24, 2016 (UTC)
- — Province of El Salvador -
- — Province of Guatemala -
- Republic of Costa Rica
- Republic of Haiti
- Republic of Honduras
- — Mexican Empire
- Republic of Nicaragua
- Second Texan Republic - Darkerpink
- United States of America
- — French West Indies
- — Quebec
- Republic of Araucanía
- Argentine Confederation
- Empire of Brazil
- United Confederation of Central America
- United States of Colombia - 02:37, April 12, 2016 (UTC)
- Republic of Ecuador
- French Guiana
- Guiana Federation - Great showing. B23 (talk)
- Republic of Paraguay
- Kingdom of Patagonia - Zamarak500 (talk)
- Peruvian Republic - Abeiders verenig (talk) 19:16, April 24, 2016 (UTC)
- Qullasuyu - Shikata ga nai! 20:53, April 28, 2016 (UTC)
- Colony of Surinam
- Eastern Republic of Uruguay
- Republic of Venezuela - Wesley917
- Empress Gisela Island (Formerly Franz Joseph)
- Kingdom of Ankole
- Anziku Kingdom
- Aro Confederacy
- Asante Union
- Kingdom of Baguirmi
- Kingdom of Baol
- Benin Empire
- Bornu Empire
- Kingdom of Buganda
- Kingdom of Bunyoro-Kitara
- Kingdom of Burundi
- Kingdom of Cayor
- Kingdom of Dahomey
- Ethiopian Empire
- Imamate of Futa Toro
- Kingdom of Garo
- Kingdom of Gera
- Kingdom of Gomma
- Kingdom of Gumma
- Kingdom of Janjero
- Kingdom of Jimma
- Jolof Kingdom
- Kingdom of Kaffa
- Kénédougou Kingdom
- Kingdom of Khasso
- Kingdom of Kongo
- Kingdom of Koya
- Kingdom of Loango
- Luba Empire
- Lunda Empire
- Matabele Kingdom
- Sultanate of Morocco
- Kingdom of New Bruxelles Krystocat (Talk)
- Ouaddai Empire
- Oyo Empire
- Kingdom of Rwanda
- Sokoto Caliphate
- Cape Colony - AM, the King of the Banat
- Sultanate of Zanzibar - AM, the King of the Banat
- Toro Kingdom
- Toucouleur Empire- Thisismacedon
- Imamate of Futa Jallon
- Republic of Liberia
- Kingdom of Fada N'gourma
- Kingdom of Tenkodogo
- Kingdom of Welayta
- Yeke Kingdom
- Kingdom of the Zulus
- French Algeria
- Merina Kingdom
- French West Africa
- Republic of Australia
- Kingdom of Bora Bora — User:Kaiserwilhelm3
- Commonwealth of Hawaii — Orange
- — Autonomous Province of 'Alihikaua/Tahiti — Orange
- Kingdom of Huahine
- Kingdom of Rapa Nui
- Kingdom of Samoa
- Tu'i Tonga
- — Naval Base of Tahiti
- Kingdom of Westralia — The Tim Man (TSW • AH • MGW • Contribs)
|19th century||1861 • 1864||1865 • 1869||1870 • 1874||1875 • 1879||1880 • 1884||1885 • 1889||1890 • 1894||1895 • 1899|
|20th century||1900 • 1904||1905 • 1909||1910 • 1914||1915 • 1919||1920 • 1924||1925 • 1929||1930 • 1934||1935 • 1939||1940 • 1944||1945 • 1949||1950 • 1954||1955 • 1959||1960 • 1964||1965 • 1969||1970 • 1974||1975 • 1979||1980 • 1984||1985 • 1989||1990 • 1994||1995 • 1999|
|21st century||2000 • 2004||2005 • 2009||2010 • 2014||2015 • 2017|
Note on Mod Events
Mod Events will be organised into War, Political, Social, Economic and Miscellaneous categories. They will also be listed chronologically; events with no certain dates will be placed at the bottom of the mod events section.
Anti-Japanese protest dies almost immediately in Korea as Japan initiates its search for the criminals who dared to try to kill the Emperor.
Patagonia explodes into civil war as the newborn Republic of Araucanía proves itself to be a fierce guerrilla fighting force; combined with popular support, Araucanía presents a grave threat to the stability of the Patagonian regime.
With the conclusion of the northern front of the Second North American War, far more troops than ever are sent to defend the United States' southern regions. There is potential that the far more industrialised United States could make a comeback in the future after its numerous devastating defeats at the hands of Texas and the Confederacy.
Revenge is most properly served, it seems, as Union agents have successfully assassinated the Confederate President during a speech, despite being under heavy guard. A Union General, Andrew McCay, claims full responsibility for organising the assassination, announcing that the United States has played the submissive game for long enough.
- Westralia: Our government issues a public declaration formally denouncing the instituted slavery in the Confederate States and in Texas. We applaud Canada's decision to withdraw from the war against the United States. Meanwhile, our gold field irrigation pipelines are completed, as are the southern half of the national railway network, and the state-run Westralian Railway Company (trading as WestRail or WR) opens for business, with five locomotive engines beginning services to and from Perth, with destinations in Stirling, Swan, western Auralia and southern Gascoyne. With the famine averted, we lift more ration restrictions, though not completely, preferring a gradual transition back to normal life. In February, the Congressional Elections are held. The DLP has won more seats, achieving victory in 68 districts, six more than in the last election, and it has won 32 seats in the Senate. The NUP won in 31 districts, and the remaining 18 in the Senate. Thus, a duopoly of the legislature has occurred, with the smaller parties largely being eliminated from Congress, with only the Socialist Party winning one seat in the National Assembly. The DLP has incumbent Prime Minister Harold Symons stand for re-election, while the NUP has nominated Julian Merlin for Prime Minister. The elections are to be held in July.
- Hawai'i: Our military and infrastructure improve. Modernization of our cities continues, and our settlements grow. We begin to decipher and interpret our new plans, with steamboat structures (though not the steam engine itself) and frigates likely to be constructed first in the following years. Prince Kamehameha VI, known among his friends; classmates; and teachers as simply James, turns 14 in his first birthday at Hale School and Westralia. Construction of Honolulu University continues, and more schools are built in all of our provinces. We begin to construct pearl and fishing industries in the Tuamotus, seeing as the area is not all too fit for agriculture; we note the tourism potential in the archipelago.
- Hawaiian diplomacy: We ask for France's consent to increase security at the border with their Tahiti colony, our plan including better border protection (more guards, perhaps a stone wall around the perimeter with gates in and out) to prevent illegal immigration between the colony and 'Alihikaua.
- Emirate of Afghanistan: The nation begins to work on industries. The country begins looking for any nations that are going to help them. Farmers are encouraged to grow wheat but most of them grow opium and sell it to neighboring countries. Roads are built but most are dirt roads. We would like to open talks with the Indian Empire. The idea of national unity begins to rise in cities, as the national army begins to work on arming with whatever weapons they have. People are encouraged to join the army and people under 15 must have parent's permission to join. Some opium fields are burned for wheat or cattle to feed the army and people. With the new help from S. Germany we begin to let them into Afghanistan. With the one million USD from S. Germany more roads are built and more cities begin to become more urbanized with more schools and jobs being opened. Farmers begin to get paid more for growing food then growing opium. Mines are opened and that opens up more jobs for Afghanis. The army is now put on standby and some troops are sent to the Indian border. Plans are made to fight back an Indian attack. A military draft is made and men from 16 - 35 join the army and 10,000 troops are sent to the Indian border. 60,000 troops are sent to the border along with heavy weaponry from S. Germany, we send 2000 troops to our Indian border and set up a series of bunkers, mine fields and foxholes.
- Afghan Dip: We would like if muslims areas can vote to join Afghanistan or stay with India here are the regions
- Ansar Al Deen: (Afghani spies) The group of spies are sent to India to rally up Muslims in an idea of Muslim Unity with Afghanistan. The group is allowed to set up camps in Afghanistan and train anyone who wants to join. The group mostly works in poor areas telling young people about the Munguals and how they can recreate them and bring pride to Muslims in India once again. The group begins to work on recruiting members in India. A plan is made that will cause the map of India to change.
- Jamaat-e-Islami: (Afghani-backed and created political party) Protests are held in Peshawar, Islamabad, Karachi, Hyderabad, and Kandahar calling to join Afghanistan. The group begins to work on aiming at kids showing them that they're here to stay and help. Schools are opened up for children and self defense classes are held for adults (male and female). The group begins to work setting up in Bangladesh. The group works on recruiting more members in India that are more easy due to India's action. sit in are made in Hyderabad and Islamabad, where protesters work on making defenses by using trash and making Molotov cocktails with some members carrying swords as the number of members rise.Orders are made to not attack Hindus, But some members begin to burn down Hindu temples. After the burning of temples people are put on edge leading to rumors of mosques being burned or attacked, due to this mobs roam cities looking for "intruders"
- Hezbi Islami: (Afghani-backed/made Jihadist group) The group is made in India, but most are trained and armed in Afghan camps. The group is ordered to attack military targets (mostly convoys and lonely FOBs). The group recruits hardcore members of Ansar Al Deen and Jammat e Islami. Rocket attacks are made on Indian FOBs in Muslim majority areas. The group begin to target highways, railroads, and bridges . A
planeplan is made to take major cities.
- Korea OOC: There are no planes yet?
- MOD: I think it was a typo, and that the correct word is "plan." Also, Afghanistan, do not duplicate previous turns. It says specifically in the rules that duplication is prohibited. First strike. ~Tim
- MOD? WHY IS THIS WHOLE THING NOT STRUCK. SO IMPLAUSIBLE
- MOD: Whoever said this is right. What you're doing is quite implausible, because Afghanistan isn't nearly strong enough to influence India or its population at all, even through guerrilla tactics. ~Tim
- Great Korean Empire: Emperor Gojong experiences full physical and emotional [he had been traumatised for a few months succeeding the incident] recovery. Korea tightens immigration policies with its neighbouring countries to prevent the outflow of dissenters and criminals. Asides from the incident, Korea is peaceful and devotes most of its capital to modernisation. Korean industrial complexes continue to be developed, with the industrial output experiencing exponential growth. Alongside this is the construction of paved roads, railway, canals, factories, schools, libraries, and residential buildings. Westernisation under the "Western bowl, Eastern rice" policy continues as Western attire and architecture become more and more common but core Confucian values remain preserved.
- Andorra: We start to make a plan for reform the Andorran society, that plan includes the industrulization of the capital, the decrease of the army, the construction of train-rails, the creation of banks and social security posts and many other things, the plan will be called Andorra 1880 - 1900, a project for turning Andorra a good country in 20 years. We ask an alliance with Greece.
- Bora Bora: We increase modernization efforts. We ask to import iron and coal in exchange for large amounts tropical fruit, pearls, and fish from
Japan, The USA (MOD), and South German, in order to build up a stock pile. (Mod Response Required). We ask Hawaii to join our two modernization programs in order to increase research speed. We also offer access to rifle plans. We also offer to restart the trade agreement with Siam to last for five years instead of six months.
- Hawaiian diplomacy: We accept, as our plans for rifles, steam engines, trains, steamboat hulls, etc. will be quite useful when combined with Bora Boran trade resources (iron and coal, presumably).
- Japan doesn't have enough coal or iron.
- Prussian CSR: We continue to enlist more recruits for the Red Army. With the Committee gone, we can now focus on crushing the 'arrogant' South once and for all. SECRET:
In the wake of an uprising in Bavaria, we covertly support left-leaning dissidents there.Also plans to invade Saxony, whose pro-South separatist movement is a big threat to the regime.
- MOD: You cannot decide when uprisings occur. Only mods can do that. ~Tim
- STR: We are shocked at the recent assassination of the CSA president by the hands of Union troops. We begin recruitment of 50,000 troops to add on to the current 40,000 (10,000 are occupying states, the rest are deployed in Texan cities.) We begin industrialization of Austin, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, and San Antonio. The 25 ships we completed are now being sent to current day Togo with 15,000 colonists, and 5,000 troops. The railroad from Houston to Phoenix is still being built. We begin construction of forts and trenches outside of major Texan cities in preparation for a possible U.S invasion. Our 5,000 troops coming from Utah have arrived to Colorado. We start publishing anti-Union propaganda. The slave trade increases by 2%.
- New Bruxelles: (Sorry I missed the last few, been super busy) We offer trade to the United States (Mod response?), and continue create trading ships. At 40 military vessels, we have them guard our trade routes and ports of New Bruxelles. We have completed the railway and have been sending them all across the nation, which helps 'frontier' cities grow exponentially and get supplies much quicker and easier. We also begin funding of research centers and facilities to grow our technological advantage in the world, as well as to try and improve quality of life. We expand our borders and begin creating more farms, factories, mines, and other resource producing facilities in our nation. We begin extending ports along the coast and farther into the ocean, forming flotillas across the shallow waters.
- Guiana Federation: Economy and infrastructure improves. Military recruits 450 troops and it seems that it looks to arise at the moment. Other news, Georgetown's population is still currently good, and there's no rise of the population but there are few. The ships have been built in the ports but expect more. The construction of more buildings looks to begin in the capital city and also various cities as well.
- Swiss Confederation: Economy begins to pick up and begins build trade the Kingdom of Italy. Swiss also begin focus on a national defence. Election for the Federal Council. (MODS, PLEASE SIMULATE THE ELECTIONS} The Federal Council considers aiding the Confederate States, in turn for trade of cotton?-
- MOD, see if that would be possible? Hopefully yes, because cotton trade would be very valuable.
- MOD: The war has de jure ended. Also, please tell us what parties/individuals are participating in the competition.
- Russia sees its second set of elections this year, following the 1875 elections. This was the first election that was majorly campaigned for, and Emperor Alexander II has been relatively agreeable with the current government, led by the Party for National Progress. Those close to the imperial circle report that he favors the PNP's policies to the other three major parties. The Democratic Labor Front runs on worker's rights, while the Russian National Congress runs on centralizing the state apparatus and re-integrating Poland and Finland. The Conservative Party advocate the status quo. (MODS, please simulate the elections) Meanwhile, the economy continues to grow at a rapid rate, with
agriculture reaching European standards throughout the nation despite the cold climate.
- MOD: It would be because of the cold climate that agriculture would not reach European standards for quite some time yet.
- Elections (MOD): The Party for National Progress is re-elected as Government, although the Russian National Congress and Democratic Labour Front are catching up. The Conservative Party, popular with the nobility, also makes gains, though smaller than the RNC and DLF.
- Papal States: Pope Leo XIII accepts Napoleons IV's generous offer of last year and work begins immediately on establishing a regional seminary in French West Africa. Staff from both Europe and from the seminary in Lorenço Marques arrive, and at least some buildings will be completed by year's end, with a small I take of seminarians occurring early next year. Leo writes an encyclical about Marian devotions.
- Confederate States: I know I missed a couple of turns, but I'd like to start by saying that nobody would protest an "excessive attack on Washington", because the Confederacy won Washington in the previous war (I'm also starting to think that every mod event about this war has been anti-Confederate). We ask the United States for a peace treaty, which will only let us keep the land we had before the war and give us Kansas and Nebraska or Kansas and the northern parts of the Arizona and New Mexico Territories (MOD RESPONSE). After the shooting of President Robert M.T. Hunter, Vice President John C. Brown takes over. Brown installs federal public schooling legislation, and tries to reduce the nation's debt, while still asking for peace with the Union. We place our primary focus on military, and our secondary focus on commerce.
- MOD: Uhhhh no, you did not win Washington, nor did the 'previous war' end. ~Tim
- United States: The President agrees to cede Kansas and Nebraska in return for peace. However, General McCay refuses to stand down and his army appears to have gone rogue, with many units also continuing to fight under McCay's command. He demands that all territory occupied by the Confederacy be returned to the Union at once, and slavery immediately abolished.
- Not Mod: Of course the mod events aren't favorable towards you, without international support the Union outclasses you in just about everything. OTL Civil War was a game of chess where every ten turns one side got all its pieces back, that was the Union even with Confederate conscription. Also a side note, read about the OTL John Brown and change your president's name.
- According to multiple mods, and the map, I had Maryland, DC, and West Virginia from the First North American War (the Civil War), and have occupied them since then. In terms of what the US is asking, I'm willing to have the Potomac be the dividing line on the east coast if I keep West Virginia, but I obviously won't outlaw slavery in the Confederacy (it was a bit ambiguous, I think you were just asking that slavery be abolished where you are re-occupying). Also, I'm not surprised that I'm starting to lose the war without foreign support, but I'm saying all of the events saying that there was huge opposition to the was within the Confederacy and the Bombing of Washington (which was not authorized by me even though I was the player) were pretty biased. For the Not Mod, I know who John Brown is very well, but you should look up who John C. Brown is. All of the politicians I use will be real people, and John C. Brown was both a Confederate General and a Governor of Tennessee, and in a previous turn I said he was Robert M.T. Hunter's running mate (Hunter was also a real player).
- MOD: Uhhhh, when did we ever say that? Show me proof that the majority of moderators approved of Confederate occupation of DC. Until then, no DC for you. ~Tim
- Not Octmod: The map and most of the mods including me agreed that Maryland was captured, Washington would've been the first thing the CSA captured. Also, someone who thinks Texas is landlocked shouldn't be making mod events for the USA region.
- MOD: As for Texas being landlocked, I apologise and withdraw that comment; I had the completely wrong image in my head. However, Vat never said anything about taking Washington by force, and the treaty was overturned 3 to 2 by moderators. If the Confederacy wants to take Washington in the future, I have nothing against it, but they'll have to resume the war. The Bombing occurred at the behest of rogue Confederate agents, not authorised by the government. However, the blame happened to fall on the latter. I do admit that protest within the Confederacy itself at the attack was very stupid and nonsensical. I am retroactively overturning that part of the event. ~Tim
- Wrto did for sure, and I think Andy admitted it when I was discussing the Treaty of Harrisburg with him. My other concern was that the mod events seemed to be extremely targeted at me in order to create disfavor in the Confederate government (Bombing of Washington, Dissidence in occupied territories, and Assassination of President Hunter). Finally, I am a big time Civil War buff, especially the politics of the South. So please, check before you tell me "texas is landlocked" or "Look up John Brown". I know who I'm talking about, that's why he went by John C. Brown. ~Vat
- Maryland belongs to the CSA currently on the map. ~OCt
- Japan: The regent for the shogun makes it clear that he will be keeping this position longer than expected. He passes laws to give him more power and stacks the parliament to give him more power. He pushes heavily for more citizens to go to college and for industrialization. He allows more subsidies to go to agriculture.
- Taipei: Tea farms and Sugar farms are nearly complete.
With the United States and Confederacy now at peace following the success of renewed negotiations, the President of the United States calls for fresh Congressional elections to replace the tragically ended 45th Congress. He also asks for the Confederates to assist the United States in stopping the mutinous units that are continuing to fight. Reconstruction of the Capitol in Washington DC begins.
The conflict in China appears to have died completely, though formally the war is still ongoing. The Chinese Government calls for a formal ceasefire and negotiation with the EOMAED Coalition to end the war.
With no further orders coming from the government in Vienna, many troops, tired of war, decide to retire from the conflict, creating a tense, but otherwise peaceful border between South Germany and the Prussian Republic, though like in China the two are technically still at war. Jutland withdraws, no longer seeing Prussia as presenting any imperialistic threat to itself.
With the Emperor under house arrest, many Japanese people are shocked at the Regent's actions, clearly intended to prevent the Emperor from performing his holy duties to the country. Reactionaries begin to protest against the acceleration of Japanese westernisation, especially among the surviving Samurai and Daimyō. In open defiance of the government, Emperor Mutsuhito takes a walk around Kyoto. The soldiers supposed to guard the Emperor do not dare prevent him from acting upon his will.
- Westralia: The Ministerial Elections are held on 5th July 1880, a competition between incumbent Prime Minister Harold Symons and NUP challenger Julian Merlin, who is very popular among the rural population. However, Prime Minister Symons still manages to win the majority of votes, and gains a second term as Prime Minister. Meanwhile, construction of the northern half of the national railway network begins.
- Great Korean Empire: Korean industrial complexes continue to be developed, with the industrial output experiencing exponential growth. Alongside this is the construction of paved roads, railways, canals, factories, schools, libraries, and residential buildings. Westernisation under the "Western bowl, Eastern rice" policy continues as Western attire and architecture become more and more common but core Confucian values remain preserved.
- Guiana Federation: Infrastructure and military are expanded. Military continues to recruit more troops, but some of the discussions of developing new weapons is not yet discussed. Military has some bunkers built to protect from the other threats. The buildings are built in some various cities and towns, but some few residential buildings were built as well. The supplies normally keep growing but it seems there's nothing much to prove.
- Hawaii: Our military and infrastructure improve. Modernization of our cities continues, and our settlements grow. We continue to decipher blueprints, and railroads and pump carts are built on Kahoolawe for easy transport between metal facilities in Nalu and mines on the island. Fishing, pearl industry and tourism grow in the Tuamotus. Construction of Honolulu University continues.
- STR: Texan citizens close to Union territory begin to protest against the slave tax and the war, and out of fear of land seceding the STR, Texas revokes the slave law requiring citizens to pay a tax if they fail to own a slave. With this, we realize as the CSA and Canada make peace with the Union, we are willing to begin negotiations with Union diplomats as to save Texan lives. We are willing to secede Colorado and Utah, but we keep Nevada. The territories of New Mexico and Arizona will keep slavery legal, but the Texan State will abolish the act. This will only apply if the Union agrees to our terms. Our colonist ship reaches Togo and sets up the colonial city of Newston (Great name, I know). We request an alliance with the CSA. We continue development of New Mexico and Arizona, with gold and silver mines being finished from development, and the Hou-nex railroad is still being developed. The slave trade does not increase.
- Bora Bora: We offer trade of Pacific fruit, pearls and fish in exchange of coal and iron with the United States, Australia and Westralia. (MOD) We increase military and modernisation funding. We build small railroads for handcars to transport tourists and nobility across Bora Bora.
One of the most severe blizzards to strike the southern United Kingdom occurred in January. 100 people are thought to have died as a result of the storm.
Tragedy strikes in Russia as Tsar Alexander II is assassinated by Georgy Malenkov, a member of the lower nobility and an insane ultra-conservative and reactionary. Malenkov threw a bomb at the Emperor's carriage, severely wounding one of the guards. When Alexander II stepped out to assist the guard, Malenkov threw a second bomb, rendering the Tsar a slow, painful death thereafter. Malenkov was subsequently arrested by police. The Emperor was declared dead hours after the attack. It is believed that Malenkov wished to reverse the rapid social changes in Russia, and it is unknown whether he acted alone or as part of a larger group. Alexander's son, Nicholas Alexandrovich, is due to be crowned as the new Tsar, Nicholas II.
The border between Prussia and South Germany, now commonly known as German-Austria, is informally demilitarised. Many troops start to return home, although the two Germanies still have not confirmed peace.
- Westralia: We express our sincere condolences to Tsar-designate Nicholas and the entire Romanov family, as well as to Russia as a whole. We agree to negotiate peace with China, though our forces remain in Hong Kong. In other news, the Prince of Swan celebrates his 10th birthday! Our vineyards in Stirling are seeing great success, and we begin exporting all over the world.
- Russian Empire: The Empire mourns the loss of Emperor Alexander II, a noble ruler who instituted many key reforms to the Russian government and oversaw rapid modernisation of the Russian economy. In his place, Nicholas II is crowned Emperor; his disposition is similar to his father's when it comes to governing, but he is generally considered to be a weak replacement for such a powerful predecessor. The Duma debates banning the Russian National Congress party from the Duma, given their rhetoric's similarity to that of Malenkov's, but the Progress for National Progress decides each party deserves a voice.
- Great Korean Empire: Emperor Gojong expresses his deepest condolences to the Russian monarchy and Russia as a whole. The Korean government however, becomes wary of the new Tsar Nicholas II, as his intentions in regards to Korea may be different from his predecessor's. Korean industrial complexes continue to be developed, with the industrial output experiencing exponential growth. Alongside this is the construction of paved roads, railway, canals, factories, schools, libraries, and residential buildings. Westernisation under the "Western bowl, Eastern rice" policy continues as Western attire and architecture become more and more common but core Confucian values remain preserved.
- Prussian CSR: With the end of the conflict, the Labor League has convened the very first time in power. It has been decided that the League is to rebrand as the All-German Socialist Labor Party. General elections has started for the legislative body, the People's Chamber. After the victory of the reds in Saxony, the Thuringia region and Mecklenburg, talks with the leaders of the revolutionary regimes of the said areas for a possible federation.
- Bora Bora: After being repeatedly ignored by the United States, we offer the Confederate States of America trade of various tropical fruit and fish along with advice on how to grow the fruit in exchange for coal and iron.
- United States (MOD): The United States Government apologises as communication is slow due to the ongoing post-war recovery effort. They ask Bora Bora to reconsider, and offer to import their fruit and fish in exchange for coal, iron and gold.
- STR: Because of the poor treatment of Boranian diplomats in the Union, the STR is willing to make a trade agreement with Bora Bora, at least until our colony in Africa is developed enough to start producing luxury items.
- Bora Bora: We agree with both offers and inform the United States that we now understand the delay.
- Hawai'i: Our military and infrastructure improve. Modernization of our cities continues, and our settlements grow. The Hawaiian royal family, including Prince James, sends their condolences to Russia and the Romanovs; Prime Minister Kalakaua sends his regards as well, "On the behalf of the Hawaiian Commonwealth." We continue to study the notes and plans from our modernization program, with metal production in Nalu increasing in anticipation of new technology in the following years.
- OOC Hawai'i: Looking for a gauge when I will have enough info to construct each of these items, with regards from when I received the original blueprints: rifles, frigates, steanboat hulls (not actual steam engine).
- Papal States: The new Regional Seminary in French West Africa is now fully operational, and is named the "Seminary of the Assumption" after Our Lady of the Assumption, one of the patron saints of France. Both white colonist and black native young men are trained in the institution, and the classes are not segregated. In other news, Pope Leo begins a process of research into a future encyclical letter on labour and capital.
- Guiana Federation: Military and economy expands, the buildings are planned to be modernized, but not this year. Military continues to recruit more forces, and seems that it could come more if not. Supplies normally look to improve as well, to keep much healthier people. Some of the fortifications been built but indeed there are too many of them which is enough. The development of the weapons aren't discussed, but to prevent further troubles it will be on hold.
- New Bruxelles: We finish industrialization of ports, as well as the expansions of the harbors as well. We finish expanding our nation, and we are roughly 1.5 times larger than Belgium. We offer to our neighboring countries to create a sort of union between us, where we would protect and aid each other during any crisis. (Mod response) We begin building mines to harvest metals, minerals, and other valuable materials. We also begin a government program to get the population to grow, although the program is not a top priority.
- Indian Empire : Work on the new forts on the border have been completed. These state of the art facilities will protect the border from threats from Afghanistan. The ever-growing army now stands at around 700,000 men plus 450,000 reserves. 550,000 men will be deployed to the Afghan border. The military logistics network connecting positions on the border with major cities in the south has began transporting supplies and weapons on a large scale to the region. India warns that if Afghanistan does not accept a peace deal, Indian may well take military action. The Indian Border Protection Service has officially closed the border with Afghanistan meaning Afghan companies must find alternative routes for exporting some goods. SECRET : Plans are drawn up for the invasion of Afghanistan.
Mod Events to come later
- Great Korean Empire: Korean industrial complexes continue to be developed, with the industrial output experiencing exponential growth. Alongside this is the construction of paved roads, railway, canals, factories, schools, libraries, and residential buildings. Westernisation under the "Western bowl, Eastern rice" policy continues as Western attire and architecture become more and more common but core Confucian values remain preserved.
- Hawai'i: Our military and infrastructure improve. Modernization of our cities continues, and our settlements grow. Construction of Honolulu University continues. We begin to build pump cart railroads between cities in all provinces. The settlement on Ni'ihau allocates more land to general agriculture, with cash crops (such as guavas and maybe pineapples) mainly centered on Lana'i. We send one of our new modern (plausibility check?) frigates to Kirimati/Christmas Island to start a settlement there, therefore annexing the Line Islands before a colonial power can.
- Bora Bora: Our military and industries are given more funding. We expand our Handcart railways between settlements. We start westernizing and modernizing our cities using USA cities as examples. We send out officials to europe for manuscripts and documents to expand knowledge of world history and science. More to come depending on Mod events...
- Prussian CSR: Talks continue with the revolutionary leaders of Mecklenburg and Thurnigia. A draft of an Article of Unification has been written. Meanwhile we continue to rebuild our industrial and agricultural assets, restoring production levels to pre-revolution scales. With the industrial output experiencing exponential growth, we begin developing new weapons. To realize Marx's dream of a socialist utopia, we launch the Paradise Program, which includes improvement of working conditions, the construction of paved roads, railway, canals, factories, schools, libraries, and residential buildings, and economic reforms encouraging inclusive growth in line with Marxist tenets. Meanwhile construction of the Hall of Communes begins.
- Guiana Federation: We continue to improve military and economy. The buildings begin to modernize in Georgetown, whilst some roads continue to be built in various roads. Although, the military recruits normally about 250 troops, recruiting too much is a big risk, so it's a step by step. The industry looks to be planned to begin its invest next year. Railroads are not yet planned and it should be further discussed by the Government.
Hello, all players of Emancipation. After several days of consideration, I have decided to shut down the Emancipation Map Game. I really enjoyed running it, playing it, and helping with the expansion of the universe in which the game was set. I was extremely humbled and overjoyed by the enthusiasm from players when it first started and then for a month afterwards.
However, with the almost total loss of activity and interest in Emancipation, as well as other commitments on my side, I have decided that now is the time to wind it down. I would like to thank each and every player and moderator for making this game the great game it was.
This shutdown is not the end all for Emancipation, for all its articles and associated pages will live on in AltHistory's database. I for one intend to form a new timeline with my Westralia articles. Should interest pick up again, anyone is free to apply to the Committee for reactivation.
Once again, thank you very much for playing. Your participation means a lot to me.