Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Founded in 1924, the East-Asian Confederation is a supra-national organisation composed of China's sphere of influence.
In 1938 states which were tributary to member states other than China, as well as Mongolia and Tibet, were allowed to become Special Members.
In 1945 provision for Associate Membership was made.
- Kingdom of Burma
- Kingdom of Campuchea
- Empire of China
- Kingdom of Dai Viet
- Empire of Japan
- Kingdom of Korea
- Kingdom of Siam
- Sultanate of Brunei - 1937
- Kingdom of Hawai`i - 1941
- Sultanate of Malacca - 1937
- Kingdom of Okinawa - 1937
- Sultanate of Pahang - 1937
- Sultanate of Kedah - 1938
- Sultanate of Kelantan - 1938
- Sultanate of Maguindanao - 1938
- Sultanate of Perak - 1938
- Sultanate of Sulu - 1938
- Sultanate of Terengganu - 1938
- Kingdom of Ethiopia - 1945
- Kingdom of Madagascar - 1945
- Sultanate of Witu - 1945
- Sultanate of Zanzibar - 1945
- Kingdom of France
- Kingdom of Great Britain
- Republic of the United Netherlands
- Kingdom of Spain / Kingdom of the Philippines
- Empire of Russia
The organization is composed of three levels of councils, each headed by the Chinese Emperor. The ambassadors to the councils are not appointed by the Head of State, but in a general election between political parties. The winning candidate must be approved by the Head of State but this is usually a ceremonial procedure.
Special members are allowed to participate in debate over a proposed resolution but not vote on it. They have one seat each on the two lower councils
This level composed of the founding members. Each nation has one vote. A unanimous nay vote automatically ends a resolution (Note: a unanimous yea vote does not automatically pass a resolution).
This level is composed of all members. Each nation has one vote.
Each nation is given one vote based roughly on population size. It is determined thus:
- 25,000,000 people or less = one vote
- 25,000,000-100,000,000 people = four votes
- 100,000,000-500,000,000 people = ten votes
- 500,000,000 or more = 20 votes
This was biased towards the smaller nations to make sure that China could not hold sway over any decision due to its huge population.
Nations who are associate receive all the security and financial rewards that voting members have. Plus, being one carries almost the same prestige. The two key differences are that associate members:
- cannot vote on the three councils.
- can choose to be subject to certain resolutions by the councils.
This is mainly due to social and cultural considerations.
|Kedah||-||-||-||Tributary to Siam|
|Kelantan||-||-||-||Tributary to Siam|
|Maguindanao||-||-||-||Tributary to Brunei|
|Mongolia||-||-||-||Integrated with China|
|Perak||-||-||-||Tributary to Siam|
|Sulu||-||-||-||Tributary to Brunei|
|Terengganu||-||-||-||Tributary to Siam|
|Tibet||-||-||-||Integrated with China|
Kedah | Kelantan | Maguindanao | Mongolia | Perak | Sulu | Terengganu | Tibet
Ethiopia | Madagascar | Witu | Zanzibar