|This article covers a current event
Cause of the Crisis
Although most of the goings-on within the Green Army are harmless, it is considerable that what used to be considered a symbol of New Albion's nobility has in recent years been considered the cause of recent troubles. In August 2006, NABI linked Marlowe's actions to the resurgence of the Illyria Company, a militia group shut down following the 1989 Green State Crisis. It is currently suspected that Marlowe had been co opted.
- 17 March 2006: Prime Minister Robert Anthony Hamilton leaves office and is replaced by Francis Stanford-Westly.
- 3 April 2006: A further investigation into Hamilton's past reveals that he had declined his inheritance as boss of the Green Army.
- 5 May 2006: Green Army Leader Kevin Coogan is assassinated.
- 12 May 2006: Heir Apparent John Coogan leaves Dublin.
- 2 June 2006: Robert Anthony Hamilton is assassinated.
- 9 June 2006: PM Westly goes to his villa in Dublin to attend Hamilton's Funeral. Later that day, John Coogan is seen in the City of New Albion and is picked up as an informant for the NABI.
- 16 June 2006: John Coogan sends copies of the Green Army hit list to NABI. The same day, Coogan is deputized, and commands an effort to evacuate the Prime Minister, who is number one.
The Long Day
The climax of the crisis was June 17, 2006, and was extensively covered by the media. On a Saturday, news coverage had the top ratings in twenty English-speaking countries.
- 0:00: A videotape arrives at NABC headquarters, and 16 year-old David Marlowe declares appears declaring himself as leader of the Green Army. The tape also notes that all exits from the city will be cut off by 8:00, including Dublin International Airport.
- 4:00: Coogan and Special Agent Peter Wilson of NABI personally warn Westly about the impending bloodbath, and he agrees to be smuggled out of the country. Westly orders Coogan the Chief Medal of Honour, and wears a standard one until he receives his own.
- 6:00: Special Agent Wilson poses as press corps to get past airport blockades. The PM is assumed to have escaped by 8:00. At this time, all phones and internet are cut off to Green Army leaders.
- 8:00: Sam Hamilton (son of Robert) sends a message to "go home, don't listen. This will be the most ambitious operation in the history of the Green Army and the Last."
- 10:00: A second video is sent to NABC, this time narrated by Coogan, who tells authorities that "there will be war if this traitor [Marlowe] is not taken out from within."
- 12:00: David Marlowe is killed near the U.S. embassy in Dublin by NABI Special Agent Jason Wilson.