WELCOME TO THE FRANKENMAPGAME!!
It will henceforth be known as either CS or more likely FMG. The year is 1864. The Union armies are driving the Confederate rebels back. In Europe, tensions are rising between Prussia and France. India is under British control. China is all but controlled by the European powers after the disastrous Second Opium War. Italy has just been unified under Piedmont, thanks to General Garabaldi.
And all the while, Cthulhu Sleeps.
Not for long. The Terror is stirring, and when he rises he will bring hordes of the undead. Vampires will rise. Werewolves will attack. Goblins, Sea Monsters, every creature that has ever inhabited Human Nightmares will come to haunt us in real life.
His Horror has chosen the date in his sleep, too. He will emerge...
We start then, too.
EVERYONE SIGN UP!!
HANG IN THERE, GUYS: WE START TOMORROW!!
GO, GO, GO! WE'RE LIVE, LADIES AND GENTS (MOSTLY GENTS)
IF YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED UP, DO SO. NOW!
OK! POST. NOW. NOW!!
OK, GUYS. WE HAD A GOOD RUN, BUT IT DOES LOOK LIKE THIS IS DEAD. HOWEVER IF FIVE SIGN UNDER THIS, THE GAME WILL CONTINUE. SO SIGN!
Please clear all maps uploaded for Cthulhu Sleeps with moderators before an update.ENTER THE ILLUSTRIOUS MAP!
Black: Nobody lives there sanely, willingly or without submitting.
Red: A few strongholds still exist, but most major cities and small towns are destroyed. Most survivors are nomads or vagabonds.
Orange: Some major cities have been destroyed but most are still under control. Most towns have been destroyed.
Yellow: Cities threatened, town raids common.
Gray-blue: Towns are commonly harassed and occasionally raided.
- Read the rules for seeing how to become a mod.
- Me, obviously. (THE MIGHTY GUNS) The Mighty Guns is too Glorious (or lazy) to go to source mode and type out his real sig (Damn it, Guns!) 22:43, October 23, 2013 (UTC)
- CrimsonAssassin- "I have special eyes" 01:43, October 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Mscoree (talk) 00:50, October 24, 2013 (UTC)
- 21:19, October 25, 2013 (UTC)
- 22:54, November 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Daxus Inferno (talk) 03:09, October 30, 2013 (UTC) (probation)
- Any others, just ask.
READ THE RULES OR GIANT BLOODY MONSTERS WILL CRUSH YOUR NATION AND MAKE SH!T HAPPEN.
Nations are currently under construction. Add others as needed.
- United States of America - CrimsonAssassin- "I have special eyes" 16:13, November 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Confederate States of America - CommanderOfTheFourthReich 16:16, October 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Mexico - Eiplec - ಠ_ಠ (talk) 06:24, October 27, 2013 (UTC)
- British Honduras (Colony of the British Empire) -
- Guatemala -
- Honduras -
- El Salvador -
- Nicaragua -
- Costa Rica -
- Canada (Nation of the British Commonwealth) -
- Cuba (Territory of the Spain) - Remedello 20:18, October 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Haiti -
- Cayman (Colony of the British Empire) -
- Jamaica (Colony of the British Empire) -
- Greenland - (Danish Territory) - Daeseunglim (talk) 15:43, October 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Swedish West Indies (Swedish Territory) -
- Great Britain - The Mighty Guns is too Glorious (or lazy) to go to source mode and type out his real sig (Damn it, Guns!) 00:35, October 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Russian Empire -
- Duchy of Finland - 20:48, October 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Austria -
- Ottoman Empire - LightningLynx89
- Switzerland -
- Luxembourg -
- Liechtenstein -
- France - 22:32, October 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Spain - Remedello 20:18, October 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Netherlands - Rcchang (talk) 04:51, October 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Belgium -
- Portugal -
- Italy - Prince Octavian , of Jerusalem, Sicily, and Swabia, and Duke of Amalfi.
- Greece -
- Denmark- Daeseunglim (talk) 15:35, October 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Sweden -
- Prussia - Mscoree (talk) 00:22, October 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Mecklenburg- Schwerin- (Vassal of Prussia)
- Mecklenburg-Strelitz- (Vassal of Prussia)
- Oldenburg- (Vassal of Prussia)
- Anhalt- (Vassal of Prussia)
- Brunswick- (Vassal of Prussia)
- Saxe-Altenburg- (Vassal of Prussia)
- Saxe-Coburg and Gotha- (Vassal of Prussia)
- Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt- (Vassal of Prussia)
- Schwarzburg-Sondershausen- (Vassal of Prussia)
- Waldeck-Pyrmont- (Vassal of Prussia)
- Bremen- (Vassal of Prussia)
- Lübeck - (Vassal of Prussia)
- Frankfurt- (Vassal of Prussia)
- Nassau- (Vassal of Prussia)
- Hesse- (Vassal of Prussia)
- Hamburg - (Vassal of Prussia)
- Hanover (Personal union with Great Britain) - Ratc3333 Here, Prepare for Combat (talk) 06:52, November 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Papal States: David Rain (Sometimes...) (talk) 09:43, October 31, 2013 (UTC) (Or the Papacy... Have a word with Oct, I think I still exist...)
- - Qing Dynasty -Ninjasvswarriors (talk) 01:43, October 28, 2013 (UTC)
- - --This is UglyTurtle, Signing off. 02:25, October 29, 2013 (UTC)
- - French Indochina (Colony of France) -
- British Raj (Colony of the British Empire) - The Mighty Guns is too Glorious (or lazy) to go to source mode and type out his real sig (Damn it, Guns!) 00:35, October 29, 2013 (UTC) (for now: Want it, just ask me)
- Burma -
- Siam -
- Goa (Colony of Portugal) -
- Macau (Colony of Portugal) -
- British Burma (Colony of the British Empire) - The Mighty Guns is too Glorious (or lazy) to go to source mode and type out his real sig (Damn it, Guns!) (for now, want it, just ask me.)
- Nepal -
- Japan -Warman555 (talk) 01:19, October 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Vietnam -
- Bhutan -
- Dutch East Indies (Colony of the Netherlands) - Rcchang (talk) 04:56, October 29, 2013 (UTC)
- - Philippines (Territory of Spain) - Remedello 20:18, October 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Sulu -
- Brunei -
- Sarawak -
- East Timor (Colony of Portugal) -
- New Caledonia (Colony of France) -
- New South Wales (Colony of the British Empire)- The Mighty Guns is too Glorious (or lazy) to go to source mode and type out his real sig (Damn it, Guns!) (for now, want it, just ask me.)
- Queensland (Colony of the British Empire)- The Mighty Guns is too Glorious (or lazy) to go to source mode and type out his real sig (Damn it, Guns!) (for now, want it, just ask me.)
- 25pxVictoria (Colony of the British Empire)- The Mighty Guns is too Glorious (or lazy) to go to source mode and type out his real sig (Damn it, Guns!) (for now, want it, just ask me.)
- South Australia (Colony of the British Empire)- The Mighty Guns is too Glorious (or lazy) to go to source mode and type out his real sig (Damn it, Guns!) (for now, want it, just ask me.)
- Western Australia (Colony of the British Empire)- The Mighty Guns is too Glorious (or lazy) to go to source mode and type out his real sig (Damn it, Guns!) (for now, want it, just ask me.)
- Tasmania (Colony of the British Empire)- Callumthered (talk) 05:54, October 30, 2013 (UTC) (Yay!)
- New Zealand (Colony of the British Empire) -The Mighty Guns is too Glorious (or lazy) to go to source mode and type out his real sig (Damn it, Guns!) (for now, want it, just ask me.)
- Malacca (Colony of the British Empire) -The Mighty Guns is too Glorious (or lazy) to go to source mode and type out his real sig (Damn it, Guns!) (for now, want it, just ask me.)
- Joseon - Kogasa
- Melanesia (Cthulu Aligned):
- Jabal Shammar - Kytax (talk) 03:44, October 30, 2013 (UTC)
- Ha'il -
- Bahrain (Protectorate of the British Empire) -
- Oman -
- Kalat -
- Persia - Captainjohnrex (talk) 13:17, October 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Afghanistan -
- British Guiana (Colony of the British Empire) -
- Suriname (Colony of the Netherlands) - Rcchang (talk) 04:56, October 29, 2013 (UTC)
- French Guiana (Colony of France) -
- Brazil - Hailstormer (talk) 13:42, October 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Argentina - Vincent Mackay (talk) 14:26, November 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Chile -
- Gran-Colombia -
- Bolivia -
- Paraguay -
- Uruguay -
- Falklands (Colony of the British Empire) -
- Saint Georgia (Colony of the British Empire) -
- Cape Colony (Colony of the British Empire) -
- Merina -
- French Equatorial Africa (Colony of France) -
- Orange Free State -Daxus Inferno (talk) 03:10, October 30, 2013 (UTC)
- Transvaal -
- Mozambique (Colony of Portugal) -
- Angola (Colony of Portugal) -
- Gold Coast (Colony of the British Empire) -
- Dahomey (Colony of France) -
- Liberia -
- Gambia (Colony of the British Empire) -
- Senegal (Colony of France) -
- Ethiopia -
- Morocco - Eric von Schweetz, You Young and Sweet Boy!
- Sierra Leone (Colony of the British Empire) -
- Toucouleur -
- Sokoto -
- Bornu -
- Quaddai -
- Darfur -
- Dahomey -
- Oyo -
- Benin -
- Bunyoro -
- Buganda -
- Zanzibar -
- Rwanda -
- Burundi -
- Yeke -
- Lunda -
- Kazembe -
- Dendi -
- Ashanti -
Guess what guys? This is the only turn you'll get without them monster hordes. The year of 1864 has started, and the world is consumed in its own interest, little knowing that a vast intelligence watches their every move, preparing to strike....
America is consumed by Civil War. The Union has finally gained the upper hand over the rebels, and is now advancing against rebel lines to re-annex the nation; losing, however, a ridiculously high number of men. Men they may now need...
Britain is one of the most powerful nations on Earth, controlling India, much of Africa and the Caribbean, and of course Australia, which at the moment is divided into six colonies.
Italy has recently been unified. But troubles still face the fledgling nation; and Rome is still in the hands of the Vatican ...
France and Mexico have signed the Treaty of Miramar, limiting French power in that nation. But how long will these accords last? Meanwhile, tensions are also rising with Prussia, who wish to unify Germany under themselves - a move that would damage France's standing in Europe to no end.
China is still reeling from the Opium Wars, and is basically under European Control at the moment. But already there are those who wish to fight back...
A Prussian-Austrian ultimatum to repeal the Danish Constitution, which says that Schleswig-Holstein is part of Denmark, begins to reach its end. Denmark is pressured to consider relinquishing its claims.
The Invasion of Waikato continues as the New Zealand government engages Rewi Maniapoto, Wiremu Tamihana, and Tāwhiao of the Māori King Movement. The British finish devising a plan to curb this flow of support to the enemy from the North Island, by sending an expedition to Tauranga, a major harbour in the Bay of Plenty, some 100 km east of the conflict in the Waikato.
The tiny Confederate hand-propelled submarine H. L. Hunley sinks the USS Housatonic using a spar torpedo in Charleston Harbor, becoming the first submarine to sink an enemy ship, although the submarine and her crew of eight are also lost. The first Northern prisoners arrive at the Confederate prison at Andersonville, Georgia (the 500 prisoners had left Richmond, Virginia seven days before).
Abraham Lincoln begins considering appointing Ulysses S. Grant to commander in chief of all Union armies. In the south 5500 Union forces under Nathaniel Banks begin moving toward Alexandria, Louisiana.
The Russian Empire commits the Circassian Genocide. More than 1.5 Million Circassians are murdered and surviving Circassians were driven from their homeland to the Ottoman Empire, ending the Russian-Circassian War.
- Austria: Begins to stabilise, and propaganda is used to increase the support we have throughout the empire. We begin to increase the size of the army.
- Colony of Tasmania: The Governor, Lieut-Colonel Sir Thomas Gore Browne (KCMG) inspects the military of the colony which, in the absence of a British regiment, is solely responsible for the protection of this far-flung reach of the glorious British Empire. All eight infantry companies (of 150 men each) march on Hobart to take part in the inspection. The Hobart Town Artillery Company fire salutes into the air, and there is a general celebratory atmosphere in the air. Many businesses use the inspection as a day off, and many pople come to watch the fledgling army parade around in its dark blue uniforms. The Launceston Volunteer Artillery Company is not present, as it was deemed too difficult to move the cannon from Launceston to Hobart just for the celebrations. In the aftermath of the celebrations, the colonial parliament meets to discuss the future of the colonial military. Premier Whyte proposes that one company of mounted infantry be raised, and that the colony purchase one small steamship (with naval guns and mine-laying capabilities) to protect the coast. He argues that such arrangements are necessary in the event of an attack by the dreaded Russians (boo, down with the evil Russians and their Tsar!). However, there is some opposition within the government due to the costs of such a venture. Nothing much else happens, this is Tasmania after all.
- Ottoman Empire: We begin to start to try and unify the very multi-cultured Ottoman Empire, to hopefully unify and strengthen our country.
- Prussia: With the ultimatum toward Denmark reaches its end, we begin to mobilize our reserves for war. The Danish army is estimated at about 38,000 men in four divisions, including the 8th Brigade consisting of the 9th and 20th Regiments (approximately 1600 soldiers each), mainly soldiers from the middle and west and north of Jutland. Of that group about 36,000 men are believed to be defending the Dannevirke, a job which it is said to need 50,000 men to do properly. Prussian forces are placed under the command of Field Marshal Friedrich Graf von Wrangel, commanding a Prussian army of 37 battalions, 29 squadrons and 110 guns, totaling approximately 38,400 men and an Austrian army of 20 battalions, ten squadrons and 48 guns, totalling approximately 23,000 men. During. Additional forces begin to be raised from the reserves. Prussian and Austrian forces are ordered to cross into Schleswig, beginning the Second War of Schleswig. The Austrians are ordered to advance toward the refortified Dannevirke frontally while the Prussian forces struck the Danish fortifications at Mysunde, located on the Schlei coast of Schwansen east of Schleswig town, trying to bypass the Danevirke by crossing the frozen Schlei inlet, but after six hours of fighting make little gains and retreat. In the Battle for Königshügel (Danish Kongshøj) near Selk on 3 February 1864, Austrian forces commanded by General Gondrecourt push the Danes back to the Dannevirke, forcing the Danish to make a final stand there. After a lengthy battle (algorithm successful) the Danish commander-in-chief, lieutenant general Christian Julius De Meza is forced to abandon the Dannevirke and withdraw to Flensberg. Ask for an alliance with Sweden.
- Danish Dip: To prevent unneeded deaths, we offer a ceasefire and request to host peace talks in a border village. We will discuss terms there.
Greece: Following the coronation of King George I of Greece as King of the Hellenes, not King of Greece (that means he is claiming to be king of ALL Greek people, regardless of their location), Greece sees to increase nationalism and sense of the Megali Idea (idea that endorses establishment of a pan-Greek state that's capital is at Constantinople, not Athens.) Crete is beginning to flame up in opposition to Sultan, as petitions are getting unanswered. We fund people to stir up conflict in Thessaly and Crete. Our alliance with Russia is continued, and we seek to defeat the Ottomans together eventually. Austria, an ally of the Ottomans is asked to discontinue alliances, as the Ottomans are weak, and they can be split into three parts. We propose a plan to both Austria and Russia to split the Ottomans into three if an eventual war begins (map coming soon.) Military is built up, and the new king, despite his Danish background, states that he is now a "Dane by blood, a Greek at heart!"
- Jabal Shammar: The Army is built up due to fear of a possible regional war that would have Russia and Greece invading the Ottomans, and then shortly after that Jabal Shammar would be invaded, but the reasoning for the military build up is kept secret. Some people settle down south.
- Free Orange State: We continue to colonize to the East and Northeast, spreading European genetics and culture to Southern Africa. We begin a war with the native Africans to the North of us. We begin industrialization with the first steel mill already built in our capital. We begin a conscription program to bolster our armies, and begin to deploy Gatling guns on a large scale. We ask for a non-aggression pact with Great Britain, and for an alliance with Prussia.
- Denmark: The government begins to evacuate to Iceland and Greenland in preparation for a possible defeat. The entire military is ordered to fortify with the few cannons we have being sent in. We again request a ceasefire with Prussia to discuss terms before more lives are unnecessary lost. We upgrade industry and defense on Iceland. The navy regroups there. The government sets up a temporary Capitol in Reykjavik, Iceland.
- Danish Diplomacy: We request aid from other nations.
- Papal States: Pope Pius the IX is found dead in a strange manner, though evidently murder. Authorities investigating. The process of electing a new Pope begins. Paradoxically the tragedy draws the people of the Papal States together, despite their recent unhappiness with the regime, as many hope this is a turning point, whilst others feel outrage at this obvious act of murder. Some blame it on Italy, though the Vatican doubts they are capable of staging such an operation. The nation is put on a war setting in light of this high profile strike against the Church. Because of these events the Syllabus of Errors is postponed indefinitely. (David Rain told me to post this for him).
- Italian Dip: Italy should be one, that is the fate, so we are proposing a unification offer to the papacy.
- Taiping Heavenly Kingdom:Now that we are down to one city, Tianjing, Hong Xiuquan orders all the soldiers to take a defensive position in and around the city so we will continue to exist as a kingdom of peace and harmony. Meanwhile, Xiuquan centralizes the government and praise to God for help on the battlefield against the Qing Dynasty.
- Qing Dynasty D: We will allow the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom to keep the land around Tiangjing if it agrees to have peace with us and fight against the foreigners.
- France: Emperor Napoleon III focuses the energy of France into two areas - Mexico and Germany. In Mexico, Napoleon III supports Emperor Maximilian's forces, which are engaged in fighting against the Republican forces. Fighting there is minimal, since a majority of Mexicans are all right with the monarchy.
In Germany, however, the declaration of war on Denmark is seen as a blatant act of aggression. France honors its duties to the world as a peace-keeper by declaring war on Germany. (Containment +1, Frequent Enemy -1). The French army then attacked the German-French border, as well as fighting Prussia along the Dannevirke. The French Army has 250,000 troops, organized into 25 Divisions, each composed of 10,000 men. The Divisions are organized into different Corps, the I Corps and the II Corps. The I Corps, under the famed Louis Jules Trochu, attacks the Franco-Prussian border, whilst the II Corps, led personally by Napoleon III and his aide-de-camp François Achille Bazaine, passes through friendly Belgium to march to the north and meet the Danes at the sight of the Dannevirke. Meanwhile, the French navy, which is definitely superior to the Prussian navy, blockades the coast of Germany. France asks the UK, Russia, Austria, Spain, Italy, and Sweden to join the fight against the expansionistic Germans, led by powerful leaders like Moltke and Bismarck.
- This isn't a blatant act of aggression. It's a war of unification that began before the POD, so I had no choice but to continue or be labeled ASB.
- I fail to see why he can't attack you, ASB or not ...
- ^That was a joke, BTW. For those who don't get it.
- Prussia: We remind France that Holstein was a part of the German Confederation and before 1806 a German fief and completely German, making this a war of unification. Denmark has claimed sections of our territory in their constitution which is why we (several members of the international community) first issued an ultimatum. You had no objection to this originally (before the POD), and we find it strange that you would dishonorably attack us for defending our territory after agreeing with us and international community that it was the right thing. A peace treaty was going to be created next turn, so please don't continue this loss of life.
- I have temporarily crossed out this section, as it is ASB and implausible. I don't want to be biased toward Prussia, so please discuss this on the talk page.
- Hannover: We begin to build up our infrastructure and begin work on a lot of projects regarding economics.
We decide to attempt to create our own democratic government in Europe in a US-style. We decide to declare war on Prussia to contain them and they are a frequent enemy.
You are a European nation in a constitutional monarchy, meaning you can't just wake up one day and become a democracy. You're also in a personal union with the United Kingdom, so the UK will most likely have to declare war first.
We begin to fear that some big massive preparations placed along with a military draft.
This is metagaming.
- Argentina: The Triple Alliance War has begun, Argentina is not fighting yet, but is ready to join the conflict alongside Uruguay and Brazil against Paraguay, due to the aggressive Paraguayan policy regarding the Rio de la Plata Basin, as well as their intervention in the Uruguayan internal affairs while others believe this invasion is commanded offshore by the British Empire. Bartolomé Mitre, the president is growing the national army to cope with the future demand, new rifles and cannonns are being purchased while the Quarters are growing as well. Meanwhile, the immigration flux slowly continues as the country begins to rebuild itself after the last Civil War.
- Argentinian Diplomacy: We request a military alliance with the sovereignt country of Brazil.
- Italy increases talks with the papacy about merging with the two nations with the papacy keeping Lazio as a pope lead automatons area. The proposal seems to fly well with the Italian people who think it would be a great idea to solve the “Roman Question”. The same thing is offer is made to the area of Venice, a democratic powerful national assembly. It would still remain automatons under Hapsburg rule.With Italy become more and more unified the first president, Galabradi, creates a new constitution involving subdivisions. The Subdivisions will either be tilted, Duchy, or Principality, or whatever the cultural name is. They will be lead under there cultural house\rulers because that will create a strong sense of culture.In military the whole military is mobilized and grown in case of any new unification offers that will need to be taken. The Italian navy continues it’s upgrading to return Italy into its former naval glory. The islands of Sardinia and Sicily are turned into naval hindquarters, with Cagliari becoming the official headquarters.On the Danish question we feel no chance but to oblige since are number one ally who helped us unify Italy is there. We begin shifting some troops through France to the front lines with the French. We request to buy Danish
West Indiesto help with the Danish war effort.Industrialization of the area around Turin begins with a factory of refined marble begins. In the under devolved south a new resource is found, tourism on the wonderfully land, rich art, and great beaches.
And the Danish West Indies are...
Which are not the Indies ...
- United States: Ulysses S. Grant is placed in charge of the Union armies as the US charges through Confederate lands. The civil war continues to ravage both nations.
- The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland annonuces a plan for modernization of the industry within the nation. Offering grants to build factories, mills, or warehouses, we expect this plan to increase the size of our industrial base by almost 10%. As per the Danish question, we support the Germans in their attempts to take Schleswig-Holstein, though we note the Danish dispute as to who controls it. As a result, we will not allow the Prussians and Austrians to take control of Denmark itself, especially since it would cause a potential impediment to our trade in the Baltic. As to our colonies, the PM, Viscount Palmerston, announces a plan to unify the provinces of Australia into a more centralized government. The military, until now a small professional force, begins to be expanded- though it remains small in comparison to those of other nations.
- Sweden-Norway: We begin to make attempts at reforms bringing the union together. We send men to the Prussians, as we wish to reclaim Iceland and Greenland, a land we feel is rightfully ours. Industries begin to be constructed across Sweden and Norway. a draft is set up, and the military begins to expand.
General seismic activity increases in the Pacific Ocean region, causing small problems for nations bordering the Pacific Ocean. Many people are baffled by the sudden turbulence.
The Treaty of Vienna is signed officially ending the Second Schleswig War. The nation of Denmark relinquishes all control over the regions of Schleswig and Holstein, which are to be administered by the nations of Prussia and Austria. The Danish West Indies are also ceded to the nation of Sweden.
Third Battle of Nanking climaxes when the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom capital of Nanking falls to an assault by Imperial Qing Dynasty forces in the last major action of the Taiping Rebellion in China. There are probably more than a million troops in the battle and the Taiping army sustains at least 100,000 dead.
Does this mean my nation is destroyed? This is UglyTurtle, Signing off. 17:01, November 2, 2013 (UTC)
No. You have suffered a setback, however. When SHTF, all will change.
Outside of Atlanta, Georgia, Confederate General Hood leads an unsuccessful attack on Union troops under General Sherman on Bald Hill. Confederate General Jubal Early defeats Union troops led by General George Crook in an effort to keep the Yankees out of the Shenandoah Valley. At Mobile Bay near Mobile, Alabama, Admiral David Farragut leads a Union flotilla through Confederate defenses and seals one of the last major Southern ports.
An undeclared Uruguayan War begins when Uruguay refuses an ultimatum from the Empire of Brazil. Forces of the Empire of Brazil invade Uruguay in support of Venancio Flores' Colorado Party.
People all over the world begin seeing strange visions, especially at night. In Germany, there are unexplained reports of tornados suddenly appearing, destroying small sections of land, then disappearing. Many scholars notice similarities to the myth of the Wild Hunt.
- Spain: Spain mobilizes its reserves and moves its army to the Portuguese border. The Spanish Navy is sent to sail around the largest coastal cities in Portugal including the capital, Lisbon (gunboat diplomacy). An ultimatum is sent to the Portuguese king demanding he sign a treaty where Portugal becomes an autonomous duchy within the Spanish Empire and hands over its colonies to Spain. Spain offers an alliance to Italy and France. Spain begins building more ships and increases arms production in case of a war with the Portuguese.
- Free Orange State: Industrialization continues as factories continue to be developed. Conscription continues and succesfully bolsters the army's rankes significantly. A strange cave is found near the UK-FOS border in which are Negroes practicing some form of idolatry. We continue expansion to the West and Northwest. A new wave of British and Dutch Afrikaaners arrive as migrants and colonists.
- Colombia: The United States of Colombia continues its aggressive modernization program and with its currency pegged to the French Franc the Colombian peso is showing promise as a better rising currency. The Colombian military is expanded slightly. The government drafts together a policy of co-operation and increased influence attempting to oust the remaining semblances of the previous civil war in the nation. Colombia begins to regain its prominance and begins to influence Venezuela.
- Jabal Shammar: We begin to westernize and continue building up our army. Internal disputes within the House of Saud become worse. We ask to become trading partners with Persia.
- Colony of Tasmania: As spring begins, people, especially children, begin spending more time swimming in the rivers and waterholes around the farmhouses and small towns. There is an alarming spike in the number of alleged bunyip sightings. A number of sheep from the central lake district go missing without a trace and rumours start going around that bunyips are to blame. Public interest in the creatures (which are from Aboriginal mythology) is raised by the rumours, and the Hobart Gazette prints a report which includes a mainland Aborigine's description of one such creature. In other news, the steam warship arrives from Melbourne near the end of the year and a Naval captain from Britain is tasked with training officers and men for this sole member of the nascent Colonial Tasmanian Navy. The ship is christened the CTS (Colonial Tasmanian Ship) Bunyip.
- The UK informs the governor of Tasmania as to our plans for the unification of the Australian colonies; the better to govern with.
- Aside from my personal selfish reasons for not wanting a federation (ie. I don't wanna lose my country!), there are actual reasons why such a union is simply implausible at this time. Firstly, the British created all of these separate colonies to make governing easier. In the 1800's, transport and telecommunications were so bad that it was impossible to govern over the immense (often sparsely-populated) expanses of Australia. Smaller self-governing colonies were far better for actual governing (and remember, Qld, Tas, NSW and Vic were self-governing at this time). Secondly, the British actually opposed the creation of a federal Council when Parkes proposed it in 1867. And thirdly, the movement for federation came from the Australian people themselves, not from the British. (Also, see here for further reasons people were opposed to federation at the start) Callumthered (talk) 03:38, November 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Ooh, oops. Well it'll happen any way, in time.
- Not necessarily TTL. With the massive monster plague, people will be drawn together and each individual colony will gain more of a feeling of "national" pride in their military and their own resilience, which would perhaps take the place of "Australian" nationalism."Callumthered (talk) 21:40, November 2, 2013 (UTC)
- On the other hand they might get drawn together for the same reason; we'll wait and see.
- If/when they federate, who'd control the new nation?
- You, of course.
- Austria: As sightings of 'The Wild Hunt' increase, we begin to pull our forces back, vacating occupied Denmark (the bits that have Austrian troops, but aren't Austrian). We begin construction of a Naval Base in Venice, and move troops there as a result. We ask for an alliance with Sweden and Prussia.
- Swedish D: Accepts.
- Prussian Diplomacy: We choose to decline at this time, until we have further information on these weird occurrences (The Wild Hunt hasn't officially arrived yet). Also, we remind the Austrians that the war in Denmark has already ended, and a treaty has been signed.
- Papal States: Refuse the Italian offer of unification - we remind the Italians that that Rome is the historic seat of the Church and unless they find a viable alternative to the outright annexation they appear to be suggesting we shall refuse. The army such as it is, is mobilized. We call on Catholic countries around the world to defend our right to exist if Italy invades. Pope Hezekiah is elected, choosing his name (meaning "my strength is God") because the nation is surrounded, and only God is capable of holding back the Italian threat. The case of the dead Pope is proving a classic locked box conundrum. The only damage to the room is an exploded water bowl, a layer of silt over the floor, as one might have if the room had flooded, and the fact everything is soaking wet. The doors and windows were locked - and no one was seen entering or leaving. The Pope appears to have been strangled, and one cannot strangle oneself. Investigations continue, and it is now pretty certain that Italy is not to blame. A foolish man suggests that a mythical 'Oceanid' might be responsible... preposterous.
- Sweden-Norway: With the Danish West indies, we tell people to move there for jobs, and the colony begins to grow in population. In the nation, we introduce a common currency, the Swedish Krona, which is seen as a stop to further bring together Sweden and Norway.Two trade ships going to the Swedish West Indies disappear of the coast of southern Norway. Only one survivor, who have a dazed vision of a giant octopus splitting the ships in half "like Toothpicks". People, not believing this, are puzzled. Some blame the Danish. We don't make any hostile actions or even diplomacy yet, as we don't even know they did it for certain.
- Danish Diplomacy: Although there may have been negative impacts due to our recent war, we offer a joint investigation into these creatures as both our nations have lost ships and could potentially lose much more in the future if a common threat is not contained before it becomes a serious problem.
- Swedish D: We accept.
- Denmark: Industry and defenses on Iceland and Greenland are improved and designs of a breech loading artillery cannon begins. The Danish Army begins to recoup from its losses and work on updating the navy. 4 ironclads are laid down. A merchant ship returning from Iceland disappears, and many in the nation want to blame Sweden-Norway. As with the Swedish Norwegian government we do nothing, as reports from a handful of survivors state that an enormous squid attacked the ship.
- Qing Dynasty: Weird sightings begin to happen all across the country, with black shadows moving out of cemeteries and mysterious deaths, one of the largest ones happened on the Emperor's tour to his ancestral grounds, where Dowager Cixi, Manchurian Nobles and a few officials close to Dowager Cixi mysteriously disappear. However, as Cixi disappeared, Emperor Tongzhi begin to utilize his power more powerfully than before. He began with the consolidation of Nanking, which was captured by Qing soldiers. Afterward, he begins modernization after being convinced by Li Hong Zhan, Zuo Zong Tang and Zheng Guo Fan. We begin to destroy the old arrows and swords and replace them with rifles. Science and technology are encouraged and we begin encouraging thought in the people.
We ask to end the Second Opium War.
The Second Opium War ended in 1860.
- The UK continues the plans of economic development. Hundreds of grants are given, and several new factories and mines spring up, harvesting our plentiful resources of tin, silver, copper, and coal, and processing it. A delegate is sent to the Qing in China, asking them to trade silk for our metals. With this we hope to reopen the textile factories shut down by the American Civil War, though we note to our pleasure that the anti-slavery North is winning the war, and we do hope that the supply of cotton will resume. In the meanwhile, tea, grown in India, becomes a major market commodity throughout Europe, bringing in gold and silver. In Scotland, the North, and Ireland, numerous sightings are reported of strange wolf packs, all larger and more intelligent than normal, preying on towns and caravans. Some fear that these are werewolves, and in order to assuage their fears, a battalion is sent to deal with these. The sport of swamp soccer is used to train soldiers, as it has been, but the regimen is advanced further.
- Free Orange State D: We offer a ten year non-aggression pact.
- The UK: Will agree to this treaty.
- F.O.S. D.: We also offer to buy Rhodesia.
- We will agree to part with part of it, but not the Entirety. Say, the Western 1/3? In return, the UK will expect a military pact (automatic Military aid in any war) and a sizable pot of money (so an economic bonus).
- FOS: We agree.
- Prussia: We sign the Treaty of Vienna, officially ending the Second Schleswig War. The majority of our forces are withdrawn, while a small amount remains in the area to stabilize the region in preparation for the creation of a local government. Industry and military are expanded in case of war. We continue influencing the states of Prussian and Austrian Germany. Local authorities and scientists begin looking into the sporadic weather patterns and disappearances in the north. We ask for an alliance with Italy.
- Taiping Heavenly Kingdom:With the defeat at Nanjing, our main army is defeated and our beloved leader Hong Xiuquan is dead. His son, Hong Tianguifu, managed to escape the battle and continue his father's leagacy. Our Kingdom is divided into two groups now, one near Nanjing and the other on the Jiangxi-Fujian border. Currently the Kingdom is in a highly decentralized transitional state.
IF YOU HAVE NOT POSTED LAST TURN DO SO NOW!!
A massive earthquake is reported in the South Pacific, originating from the pole of inaccessibility. Smoke and fire is reported filling the sky in the area, causing mass confusion and panic in the Pacific Ocean. A large tsunami follows, amazingly striking Japan, Australia, and even North and South America. What follows next horrifies the globe. From the depths emerge creatures the world has never seen, as if Hell itself has opened in the Pacific Ocean. A giant creature described as "A monster of vaguely anthropoid outline, but with an octopus-like head whose face was a mass of feelers, a scaly, rubbery-looking body, prodigious claws on hind and fore feet, and long, narrow wings behind," is sighted.
A cultist in the Confederate States of America comes forth and reveals to the press that he believes the ancient deity Cthulhu has risen, and will lead an army of ancient and resurrected creatures from myth to destroy the world. Before he can be brought in for questioning he is found assassinated.
Almost immediately after the initial earthquake and tsunami, which ripped away the coastal cities of the Pacific, giant creatures doing Cthulhu's bidding appear across the ocean. Krakens and Leviathans appear. The Japanese begin to report wild creatures, like the Oni of myth, who ransack the country. Sea serpents are also reported along the coast of China and Japan, resembling Chinese dragons. From the sea dragons begin to take flight over China, ravaging a few coastal cities.
Many in Scandinavia interpret the sudden series of natural disasters and monster attacks as a sign of the ancient myth, Ragnarök. A eight legged horse is seen faintly over Stockholm, believed to be Odin’s horse, Sleipnir, giving the people hope that the beings of Asgard may be real, and may save them. In the far north of Scandinavia massive creatures are sighted, believed to be giants of the realm of Jötunheimr. The legendary sea serpent Jörmungandr appears in the Baltic Sea, destroying much of the sea’s coast and stopping all shipping and sea travel in the area.
Angered by the dwindling numbers of his followers in the last several hundred years, the Germanic deity Wōden takes a different approach than Odin. Rallying a large portion of dead heroes and spirits he begins the Wild Hunt, targeting Germans along the Baltic Sea.
An unknown force besieges Bran Castle in Romania. After a short battle with the locals the castle is seized. The attacker makes himself known, revealing that he is Dracula, leader of the Transylvanian vampires. The castle becomes the capital of his empire, and much of Romania is quickly enslaved, creating an army to ravage the region.
The ancient foretold paths to the underworld in Greece and Italy are opened by Cthulhu, causing thousands of shades, shells of former beings, to storm the surface. The shades appear to be unlike ancient stories, in that they are suddenly turned feral and aggressive on the surface. The massive migration cause the collapse of the underworld, causing eruptions and craters all across the Mediterranean. On the surface the Acheron River collapses into the earth, as does Cape Matapan.
Storms are reported atop Mount Olympus, and many panicked citizens believe that the ancient Greek deities have returned to battle Kronos, and that the second Titanomachy will soon begin. Similarly several other creatures appear, swearing allegiance to Cthulhu.
Werewolves appear in large numbers in the North of England, and the English troops sent up are overrun by the forces of King Lycan, who claims control over the Isles, though subservient to Cthulhu. There is still a resistance, inspired by Captain Gerold Butler, the military's only leader left in Scotland, who famously kicked a Werewolf off a mountain with the memorable words "THIS.IS.SP - ENGLAND!!" In the South, the English army prepares to fight them off ...
In Egypt, the strange visions of several priests lead the people to believe that the ancient goddess Bastet is rising, to reclaim here old kingdom/
Following his awakening Cthulhu contacts the other Great Elder Ones, appointing Shub-Niggurath and Nyarlathotep as generals to lead their respective armies. They receive word that the humans may soon discover the Elder Things’ city on Antarctica, and elect to launch an invasion of the area in the coming months.
Oh, and guys? You can ally with Cthulhu if you wish - BUT CTHULHU WILL NOT ALLY WITH YOU!
- Russia begins to hear reports of monsters and other mythical beings appearing all along its borders. The military begins to build up heavily in preparation and closes off the western borders to Europe, with the border being fully manned all day. The Royal Family retreats behind the Urals, while the navy begins to fortify itself and focus on the Pacific area. Many refugees flee to Alaska, believing that few monsters will be found there.
- Japan: In the Mountains, and cult arises among the smallfolk. A cult that worships Cthulhu. They gain popularity, and are now a force to be reckoned with. The government has effectively lost control of the mountainous regions of Japan, and it has even begun to spread into the Samurai, and thus, into the cities
- You won't be allowed that. Try to go slower and do something like 'In the mountains, and cult arises among the smallfolk. A cult that worships Cthulhu. They gain popularity, and are now a force to be reckoned with. The government has effectively lost control of the mountainous regions of Japan, and it has even begun to spread into the Samurai, and thus, into the cities instead'
- Sweden-Norway: The odd influx of beings described in Norse myth startle us. People are sent to the north to defeat these beings. This further integrates Sweden and Norway. The colony sees a massive growth, but some escaping on boats get killed by the Kraken.
- Danish Diplomacy: We offer a compact called the Scandinavian Compact as a military and economical alliance. We request to purchase 200 breech loading artillery to replace our losses.
- Free Orange State: Industrialization continues as factories continue to be developed. The State Governor seems to have taken ill and has been acting strangely, acting as though almsot everything is new to him, but at the same time quickly coming up with economic and political plans to greatly further our nation. Only small bits of news of what is going on to the rest of the world has reached us, as current technology spreads information very slowly. More caves full of idolatrist statues and cultists are found, most are imprissoned or burned at the stake. Our flow of British and Dutch immigrants have significantly slowed. We lay claim to modern day Namibia and Botswana.
- Denmark: The nation continues to rebuild with the naval ships 80% complete. Industry is improved on both Denmark and Iceland. The government begins a massive fortification project of the borders with walls, fortresses and troops. The military looks into new artillery.
- Colombia: The nation of Colombia moves as many of its largest guns to its coast and mobilizes its military to keep order as it begins to mobilize its very lacking internal industry in a massive attempt to hold its own in any future conflicts. The Colombian armed forces are also trained much more professionally and are paid more to increase morale. Nationalistic propaganda is spread heavily as well as the coastal cities lightly hit by tsunamis are repaired as best as possible. Colombia requests a Mutual Defense pact with Venezuela. Influence over Venezuela increases. The government also announces that it will be imposing a self quarantine of Colombia and will only allow nations and traders with specific permits to enter the country. However, many of these permits are pre-emptively issued to many traders to allow for major trade to continue in earnest. Colombia also begins its first attempts at re-organizing its previous nation of Gran-Colombia
- Ottoman Empire: With the rise of Cthulu all people of Islam are united under one flag as warriors of Allah to fight against Cthulu and his minions to defend their land, life and religion. With the new vigor within the Ottoman Empire the army increases dramatically, along with the navy.
- United States: The nation is shocked at the tsunami that struck parts of California. The settlements are reeling from the natural disaster. Supplies, unfortunately, will have to wait as the nation is still fighting the south. Advances into the southern CSA are made as the nation pushes on.
- Colony of Tasmania: The tsunamis do not really affect Tasmania that much. Hobart is protected by the massive Tasman Peninsula and Launceston the only other major "city" is on the North coast (and inland) so it, toom is not affected. However, the freak waves cause much distress and speculation amongst the population. More sheep (and one report of a child) are lost by supposed Bunyip attacks. The Royal Society of Tasmania creates a "Bunyip Commission" to collect first-hand accounts of the creatures, and to find other evidence of their existence. Many Tasmanians believed in the beasts before the attacks even began, so although the frequency and violence is worrying, they are not really surprised by them. The opposition, through its opposition, postpones the creation of the Mounted Infantry Company on the grounds of expense. The crew of the CTS Bunyip are improving greatly, now able to fire their guns and lay mines with aptitude; greatly impressing their British ring-in captain. That captain is invited by the colonial government to transfer to the "Colonial Tasmanian Navy" as Commodore and he accepts the post. The government debates the proposal of Australian federation and it is met with almost universal disdain. Many feel that such a union would effectively disenfranchise Tasmanians, who make up only a tiny proportion of the continent's population. It is also beleved that Tasmanian goods will be at a disadvantage to mainland products which are cheaper to produce. Reports of strange monster-sightings in Britain and Europe cause alarm in the population, and many write to their family and friends in the "old country" emploring them to move to Tasmania or one of the other far-flung colonies.
- Qing Dynasty: Emperor Tongzhi begin to utilize his power more powerfully than before. He began with the consolidation of Nanking, which was captured by Qing soldiers. Afterward, he begins modernization after being convinced by Li Hong Zhan, Zuo Zong Tang and Zheng Guo Fan. We begin to destroy the old arrows and swords and replace them with rifles. Science and technology are encouraged and we begin encouraging thought in the people. We establish more church schools and foreign influenced schools. With the rise of the Cthulu, the Chinese are united and we say that the Cthulu is a monster rising against from all gods and we must vanquish it to repay the gods. We begin building naval ships as the people wants to kill sea monsters using them.
- Greece: Due to the catastrophes affecting the nation, many have returned to the polytheistic ways of old, known as Hellenism. The areas where the religion is most prominent is around Olympus and the southern Peloponnesus. They believe that the second Titanomachy shall soon begin, and many also see the Titans assisting the Ottomans, the "Scrouge of the East" and "New Persia". Many attempts to commune with the gods begin. Religious violence is not as prevalent as expected, due to the crisis that the nation is facing with the shades, volcanoes, and earthquakes. King George sees this as a sign that the Megali Idea shall be furfilled soon, and he secretly converts to Hellenism, taking the name Anax Yorgios. The military is pulled back from the borders to assist in defending the nation, and many try to find a way to kill shades, to no avail. A harpy is shot out of the sky with a modern rifle, and Greece soon orders many and equips the military with them. A bounty is placed on all "aberrant creatures intent on harming Greeks." The nation increases tobacco production in Attica, and the military is pulled back to there. Austria and Russia are again called to assist Greece in the coming war with the Ottomans. Many Greeks outside Attica fend for themselves against the monsters, with many reports of giants and cyclopes destroying farms. More are called to the old ways, feeling that the Orthodox have abandoned them. Reports of Cthulhu are seen as the Kraken returning, although some see it as Kronos. Italy is offered an alliance, as are any other nations intent on assisting others in the war on the monsters.
- Papal States: We now know that it was indeed a Oceanid that killed the Pope. Pope Hezakiah issues a Papal decree declaring that all so called 'gods' are mere demons and calls on the Catholic countries of the world to begin the war to free humanity. He launches the Holy Crusade. The Holy Order of Papal Paladins is set up taking the motto "Children of the One True King" and begins to research ancient legends and their weaknesses. Borders are manned and defences begin to be constructed. We ask Italy to garentee our existence in this time, for the darkest night is when the light is needed most.
- That spelling ... guarantee, not garentee.
- Jabal Shammar: News that monsters are attacking many nations and causing natural disasters spread. Many people evacuate the coast in fear that a giant Tsunami is going to kill them if they don't. We continue to build up our army.
- Taiping Heavenly Kingdom: Hong Tianguifu declares that the awakening of all these monsters is a sign that the Qing Dynasty has imposed God's judgment upon them. He encourages the people of Southern China to unite under one banner in order to defend against the monsters which the ineffective Qing Dynasty cannot do. "If the Qing Dynasty cannot even deal with its own internal issues and European nations, how can they deal with monsters?" Hong Tianguifu also receives a vision from God, telling him to lessen the separation of the sexes, and so he does so. Tianguifu's word and new policy attracts more people to the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom and centralization continues. Meanwhile, new policies are being discussed between Tianguifu and his advisers.
- Ottoman Empire: With the rise of this so-called Cthulu, the Muslim faith has been further affirmed uniting people under the flag of Islam in a quest to beat back Cthulu and all of it stands for as it is a threat to all of life.
- The UK suddenly experiences attacks all over it and its colonies. Taken by shock, our troops fall back. King Lycan and his wolves ravage the north of the isles themselves, while the army regroups in the south. In India, with the aid of many of the princelings, we maintain some semblance of control; most of our other colonies, however, collapse, along with most of Africa. We lose contact with Australia and Canada, as well. An English general, however, discovers the use of silver on werewolves, and our new mines and factories come into their own, producing silver weaponry, as well as guns, ammunition, swords, and military supplies. The Queen makes a speech to Parliament, calling the rise of Cthulhu an unprecedented disaster, and saying that it will take the combined might of the world to fight it off.
Despite attempts to tun back the monster tide, more keep coming. Is this humanity's last stand? (I'll answer that: no.)
In America, an army under Grant mysteriously finds that the opposing Confederate armies have withdrawn. Pushing ahead to the capital of the Confederacy they find it in ruins, its people screaming and dying. As the army attempts to interevene it finds itself set upon by Zombies, Chupacabras and other monsters out of their nightmares.
In Britain, the werewolf armies brutally push back attempts to take back the North of England, while many of the colonies lose all contact with the homeland. India is the only one that remains attached to the Isles.
In France, Banshees, Boggarts, and other monsters starting with B ransack the capital. French troops are forced to retreat South, to the city of Toulouse. Most of the colonies collapse.
Scandinavia is overrun by Ogres, Jotuns and the most feared of all, the Midgard serpent.
Germany is in chaos, as the Wild Hunt strikes left, right and centre. Shit happens.
The Union utilizes the Confederate Army wherever possible the war is officially over as both sides struggle to defeat the inhumans.
In Greece, the first signs of the primordials returning appear. The seas around Greece are whipped into a frenzy and earthquakes as high as 5.1 strike Greece, the Balkans and Asia Minor.
Other monsters overrun other countries. IDK.
- Japan: Cult gains influence amongst the government as the royal famliy become divided. Most what to join Cthulu, and the others what to fight along side humanity.
- Colombia: The Nation of Colombia now suffering from various monster attacks from the Pacific known as "Coloso" The monsters while causing minor to moderate damage are killed by the Naval guns places my the army just months earlier. The Navy of just a few ill equipped ships also fight the heroic "Battle of Panama" against various Coloso and win but at a great cost. However, the Colombian navy begins a process of outfitting various ships with fighting capabilities in order to bolster the defenses. Colombian forces are also deployed more heavily to the District of Panama as it looks to be the center of possible attacks by the monsters. The attacks by monsters are extremely shocking to the populous and many people spurred on by the attacks as the end of Humanity start a faction that is dedicated to the Survival of the Human race. These people end up putting people up to working for the survival of humanity which increases the productivity and industrial abilities of Colombia. A large portion of people also look to have more kids seeing more people means less ability for the extinction of humanity. The government, however, also sees the failing of the French and begins attempting to peg the currency to the British pound as best as possible but is using labor tax system to avoid money exchange and major inflation. The Colombian government is currently much more unified than normal due to the increasing amounts of monster attacks and paranormal things worldwide. Influence on Venezuela continues as the Survivalist group begins recruiting in both Venezuela and Colombia attempting to bridge the gap between the two nations and attempt to have a supranational organization helping unify the area against the attacks on South American nations. The government also takes steps to ensure some semblance of the country will remain regardless of the situation by establishing a bonafide safe zone in the inner portion of the country using the mountains as a natural shield against possible coastal attacks with the Amazon to the south as another natural shield fully limiting the amount of ground the Colombian military would have to cover. The Colombian military begins refortification of the coastal areas with more weaponry and now traps to fight the Coloso, and now large caliber artillery are place through the mountains at intervals almost as fast they can be manufactured by some of Colombia's new factories. This is done entirely to ensure that Colombia will survive. The people, while going home exhausted every night, know that they are working for the common good and people that are working on the Defensive lines, in the military, and work the hard labor in the factories are paid more and given government subsidy rations. The government also announces that while currency will still be accepted certain families selected by the government will be given extra food to allow for family growth to allow for the nation to secure its future population base. The government begins to semi-ignore standard global economics in favor of survival and when possible seizes equipment from beached, destroyed, or abandoned military bases, outposts etc etc in an attempt to bolster their burgeoning defensive lines alone the coast and now the mountains.
- CONGRATULATIONS! For this long and plausible post, you will receive a positive mod event next turn ... assuming I remember. LOL.
- Austria: We trap the Wild Hunt using a decoy army,
and destroy great chunksof it with canister loaded artillery. After they take serious casualties, we drive the remainder away.We also fight the Vampires that plague parts of our Empire, using bullets with phrases from the Bible engraved on the side, and a thin layer of Holy Water on the outside. We kill Rubezahl with five cannonballs to the chest. A cult arises that glorifies the Monsters as gods. They are widely unpopular.
- Your country is being taken by surprise by a horde of monsters and gods. You are not going to be that successful.
- United States: The army pulls out of Richmond, surrounding the area. The monsters encountered in Richmond are documented as 'Shamblers'. Armies capture the Carolinas, though a similar outbreak in Raleigh is encountered. The capital and much of the surrounding area is burned to the ground. Shamblers captured by Union spies are studied, though many of these studies go horribly wrong. The source of these shamblers is unknown, though they defy the laws of nature. Some believe that it is a coming sign of the Biblical apocalypse. In late April, spies near Richmond observe the 'shambler version of Jefferson Davis'. Later, the ruins of Appomattox Courthouse is discovered. Charred corpses litter the inside. Evidence of a battle between shamblers and Confederates is uncovered before, finally, one of the corpses is identified as that of Robert E. Lee. Upon releasing this news, most Confederate states rejoin the Union.
- You can't control the Confederacy. Say something like, they are prompted to rejoin the union.
- The Confederacy is in ruins ...
- Russia continues to build up its military. The border becomes heavily manned and Russia prepares to launch invasions of nearby unaffected regions. The exodus to Alaska is stopped in the fear that ice monsters will appear in the region.
- Orange State: The State Governor continues acting strangely, and begins ordering dozens of forts to be built along the borders of the nation with little explanation, and creates a special task force with a strange name which is "the Yith Legacy." The State Governor also begins to demand subsidies for firearms factories. Dozens of caves are now found with Negroes casting strange Magiks, captured Cultists have been interrogated and it is found that they all worship the same god. An attack takes place on one of the frontier settlements, and further investigation shows that a Warlock burnt it to the ground. With the neighboring British colonies abandoned many of the inhabitants flee to the Orange State, bringing in far more British colonists who crave order. Expansion continues to the North and West. Industrialization continues. We are unaware as to what is going on in the rest of the world, as our only neighbor could have answers (British South Africa) is also in the dark.
- Jabal Shammar: News of giant Earthquakes in the northern part of our nation causes the nation to go into panic. Mummies also seen in the exact same part (North) and start cursing people, the only way our soldiers can fight them is to ambush and quickly kill them before the mummies can curse them.We ask the Ottoman Empire to destroy the pyramids in Egypt before more mummies can appear or else the region could be destroyed. The nation takes over the small corner to the southeast of our nation.
- Colony of Tasmania: The sheer amount of evidence makes the Royal Society of Tasmania officially declare the Bunyip to exist. The rise and rise of sheep and human deaths from small herds of the creatures results in two companies being dispatched to the Lake district to protect farmers there and to kill a few of the creatures. The government and people are all distressed by the loss of contact with Britain. The government, now throwing all care about expense to the wind, orders copious amounts of gunpowder, rifles, cannon shells, etc, from Melbourne to stockpile. The CTS Bunyip has a skirmish with a small Kraken-like creature.
- Qing Dynasty: Emperor Tongzhi begin to utilize his power more powerfully than before. He began with the consolidation of Nanking, which was captured by Qing soldiers. Afterward, he begins modernization after being convinced by Li Hong Zhan, Zuo Zong Tang and Zheng Guo Fan. We begin to destroy the old arrows and swords and replace them with rifles. Science and technology are encouraged and we begin encouraging thought in the people. We establish more church schools and foreign influenced schools. Rifles are adopted to kill Jian shi more effectively. We begin to combat the rising monsters. The chinese begin to unite and the Manchus cancel most of their racial discriminitory laws for better cooperation. We begin destroying cemetries, saying that our ancestors will be proud that we have destroyed monsters.
- Papal States: Defences continue to be built. Being a small country, in an urban area helps, and less monsters are present, though an Oceanid is seen. Pope Hezakiah and members of the clergy create large quantities of Holy Water. HOPP renames itself the Holy Order of Paladin-Evangelists or HOPE, with the Pope's blessing, and opens itself to the idea of sending Paladins to afflicted countries. Research into monsters continues.
- Denmark: We complete our four ironclads, and build 25 coastal artillery guns. Ten are moved to Iceland and the rest are set up in Denmark. We stockpile necessary supplies, coal, gunpowder, bullets, cannonballs, shells, and other weapons. A prototype for a new breech loading rifle using steel cartridges and black powder are designed. The government orders 5000.
A naval unit is specifically sent out to destroy the sea monsters. Skirmishes occur between the monsters and Denmark army regulars. Cannons destroy an attempted assault on a port. Guards are stationed 24/7 at major points in the nation.
- The UK launches a massive attack Northward. The first Baron Ailey, leading the strike, comes directly into contact with a massive Werewolf army, much larger than his own, led by King Lycan himself. After initially having over a third of his army shatterred by the Wolves, he regroups the remainder forms a Re-inforced Square, cutting off his troops from the larger body of the army. The Wolves attack the Square for six days straight, but are unable to break through thanks to excellent leadership. The Baron himself slays a Werewolf Lieutenant, Uselaiu of Polatsk, with a silver bullet. Lycan escapes along with his host, but this is the first victory in the war against the Wolves, and the people seize upon it, praising the army that stood there as heroes.
- Greece: Following the vast earthquakes, many are prompted to move to "safe zones," areas where the military can defend them, and food can be secured/stored. The largest one is in Attica, around Athens. Acropoli are rebuilt, and fortified with modern defenses. Desperate attempts to call on the ancient gods at Olympus by Hellenic cultists continue, in greater and greater desperation. The navy is recalled to defend fisheries along the coast of Attica and Central Greece. As many cannons and rifles as possible are made/imported, and emergency food supplies are set up. Once again, an alliance is offered to Austria. Those who do not/the nation cannot support go to other nations across the globe, to "preserve the light of the Hellenes." Many wish to focus on other things at the moment, yet the King states: "The storm is coming. You may believe one way or another on how it came about, what to do about it, how to endure, but one thing is certain. The storm approaches."
- Taiping Heavenly Kingdom: More people join us as Hong Tianguifu's message and new policy spreads throughout Southern China and thus we gain a foothold in the provinces of Jiangxi, Fuijan, Hunan, Zheijang, and Huibei. After a discussion of with his advisers, Tianguifu offers a peace treaty to the Qing Dynasty. The terms of the peace treaty is that the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom will be regonized as an independent nation and we will have the city of Nanjing as our capital.
- Prussia: As the Wild Hunt descends upon the German people we call a state of emergency. Reserves have been mobilized to combat the waves of monsters who have now begun besieging our cities. A council among the German Confederation concludes declaring that all German states must work together to fight against the monsters. We also extend this invitation to Austria and its sphere of influence, temporarily putting aside our rivalry among the German people. The regions of West Prussia and Pomerania are particularly devastated, as Wōden appears to have concentrated his forces there. To combat this we position a large army of about 250,000 under Helmuth von Moltke north of Berlin, prepared to strike against the creatures. At first morale is low and many casualties are sustained, both civilian and military, but eventually the our armed forces regroup and are able to combat the invaders.
Mod events needed, c'mon guys there are like four or five mods ... get it together...
Wait a sec, has Ms posted yet?
WE CANNOT HOLD UP A WHOLE GAME BECAUSE ONE PERSON DID NOT POST. THIS IS NOT HOW THIS WORKS.01:04, November 5, 2013 (UTC)
In Southern Africa witches and cultists begin becoming organized and rampant, with compounds north of the Free Orange State regularly sending waves of attackers. In Northern Africa and mummies continue to stream out Lower Egypt and overrun the surrounding area.
In Asia some anti-Cthulhu activists burn down a large cathedral dedicated to the Old Ones, and a large wave of monsters seem to approaching the coast of East Asia from the ocean. A large amount of Chinese Dragons have taken up residence in Central Tibet.
In Southern South America large numbers of Shoggoths are seen crawling out from the sea. A smaller wave of monsters also is coming to Eastern South America from the ocean, focused mostly on Chile.
In Europe the Wild Hunt is set back on the Austrian Front due to Austria's firm defense. Russian Baltic and Prussia begin to be having constant raids on small villages, forcing many peasants into cities. In primarily the Bretagne region, France's north begins to be overwhelmed by monsters. In Northern England King Lycan's armies continue to run rampant and begin to harass cities in Southern Scotland. In Ireland fairies begin to regularly kidnap vulnerable people.
Cthulhu himself begins to move downward to Antarctica with a significant entourage of Krakens, but due to the large escort the travel is slow.
In the USA strange occurrences begin to happen regularly after sightings of what some call the Mothman, most of these resulting in large casualties. The South is almost completely overrun with Zombies, with the notable exceptions of Virginia and Kentucky.
Monsters from France, Germany and Scandinavia begin to collect around the Rhine River, occupying and ravaging an area stretching from the Southern Lowlands toward Switzerland. German soldiers attempt to hold the Rhineland, which is largely overrun.
In Greece, mass reports of the sky "falling" in the area surrounding Mount Othrhys. The Hellenics begin to climb the mountain by the hundreds, seeking to save themselves.
In Egypt, the Nile begins to overflow its banks to a degree never seen before due to large and long rainstorms. People in Egypt also begin to believe that their ancient gods are coming back. One man claims to be a direct descendant of Senusrat III of the Twelfth Dynasty and Horus himself. He gains large followers who believe that he will be able to defend them against the coming terrors.
Also in Egypt, some of the smaller pyramids begin to collapse and in other places, underground/unfound tombs begin to rise from the Earth, with all the mythical horrors protecting them.
In other religious mass hysteria, people pop up across the Middle East and Europe claiming to be the Messiah and Jesus. Many of these people begin to lead small cults that travel across their respective lands, killing those that they deem heretics. This will distract small parts of the armies of Western Europe.
Krakens, Sea Serpents, Leviathans, and Behemoths block a number of important sea passages, including the English Channel, the Straits of Gibraltar, the Sea of Marmarra, the Dardenelles, and a number of others.
Columbia wins a massive battle against the monsters, and its rating goes down from Swarming to Heavy Infestation.
GUYS REMEMBER. YOU MAY ALLY WITH CTHULHU - BUT CTHULHU WILL NOT ALLY WITH YOU!
- Colombia: Colombia begins to turn its naval guns and cannons on the monsters coming out of the ocean working the huge preparation advantage that Colombia has gathered to take on the monsters. Colombia also begins to offer assistance to nations such as Ecuador and Peru offering to help them in setting up a position much like Colombia in order to survive. Colombian influence on Venezuela continues as the Survivalist faction begins to gather steam in both Colombia and Venezuela with almost 300,000 registered members. This group also begins to expand into Ecuador and Peru slightly. The Colombian government continues to advocate larger families for a population boost to the country. Colombian arms manufacturers continue to push out more weaponry and cannons as well as munitions for them. Industry continues to expand as does agriculture in an attempt to support a much larger population. Colombia readily offers safe haven to refugees from Greece, as well as people displaced by monster attacks throughout South America. The Colombian government itself begins promoting religion and other forms of distraction to allow people to focus their efforts during the week but have a full complete day off during the week to prevent overworking issues and to have a still able population that isn't consistantly exhausted by work. The President of Colombia Santos Acosta officially declares the nation of Colombia as the South American Safe Zone and begins allowing displaced peoples from the southern part of the continent into the nation to a certain degree. The military also erects a series of hasty forts which will eventually turn into larger scale fortifications to protect Colombia's southern side from roving marauders or any more monsters that seem to pop up or cause issues. The Colombian navy also launches two new ships. One of which is a specially modified ironclad with a pointed and wedge-shaped prow to ram any larger Colosi that are encountered at sea. The other ship is a standard monitor. The Colombian population reaches about 6.3 million and growing.
- Greek Diplomacy: We heartily thank Colombia for aid, and ask for an emergency alliance.
- Colony of Tasmania: The two companies of infantry sent to contain the bunyips do quite well, and the government raises a local unit, the "Lake District Company" to take over their job. Stockpiling of munitions continues, and the Hobart and Launceston artillery companies build more positions to protect the river mouths from invasion by Kraken. A few smaller creatures manage to get in and take some small fishing boats. Some asylum seekers from Britain arrive late in the year, and are welcomed by the government. They soon find jobs or start farms. Limestone mining become quite a good industry in Beaconsfield.
- Japan: After some cultists are killed by some monsters people are turning their backs on the cult, siding with the government. The army turns its artillery eastward to stop the monsters and every Japanese soldier has taken an oath not to give the monsters any more ground in Japan.
- Sweden-Norway: A large amount of men keep the monsters at a standstill at northern Scandinavia. The military rows by the thousands. A large cult grows based around finding a portal to Asgard. We trade weapons with Denmark for food.
- Denmark: The government continues to have the navy patrol the oceans to support Sweden-Norway's efforts. We gladly trade food for weapons. There is a proposed offense against the monsters next year. The first 6000 bolt action rifles are deployed with devastating efficiency and accuracy.
- Qing Dynasty: Emperor Tongzhi begins to utilize his power more powerfully than before. He began with the consolidation of Nanking, which was captured by Qing soldiers. Afterward, he begins modernization after being convinced by Li Hong Zhan, Zuo Zong Tang and Zheng Guo Fan. We begin to destroy the old arrows and swords and replace them with rifles. Science and technologyi are encouraged and we begin encouraging thought in the people. We establish more church schools and foreign influenced schools. Rifles are adopted to kill Jian shi more effectively. We begin to combat the rising monsters. The court sends a decree saying that a races of China are equal, which boosts Chinese morale. W
e ask for an alliance with the Tibetan dragons.
- The same Tibetan Dragons that are tearing through your people, and that are allied to Cthulhu? ... No.
- You can send Nian monsters but you can't send symbols of benevolence and peace to tear through my people.
- haha. Misread for a moment as 'Nyan' monsters, and had a sudden image of Nyan cat destroying China and unfortunately, ninja. These particular symbols of peace have been corrupted by Cthulhu.
- Papal States: The Pope declares that none of the figures claiming to be Jesus is, in fact, Jesus and reminds the people of Matthew 24. Research into monsters continues. Defences continue to be built and HOPE continues to expand. A Praetorian Guard is fought to a standstill by five Swiss Guard members and incinerated by Holy Water. More Holy Water is produced.
- Greece: Many Greeks are warned against climbing Mount Othrys by Hellenic cultists, as it was the base of the Titans in the first Titanomacy. The cultists themselves are becoming disillusioned with their religion, and some abandon it completely, fearing that the gods have abandoned them, and many (re)convert to their old religion. Catholicism makes small inroads to Greece, due to the charisma of the Pope. A military captain, known as Iro Panogopoulos makes a name for himself by killing a minotaur single-handedly with a modern rifle on the border of the Patras Safe Zone. Silver or silver-coated weapons are found to dispel shades, at least for a time. Reports of a Hydra are widespread in the eastern Peloponnesus.
- Russia begins to heavily arm the Black Sea and begins to destroy small monsters with large speed. Other monsters are killed once they make landfall. The border with the rest of Europe is still closed off, and small town-cities begin to develop in and around the Urals. A few troops are sent to Scandinavia to help protect against the monsters, as well as Greece and some Slavic areas. The Patriarch begins to gain more power as more and more people become religious, hoping that what little luck Russia may have holds. Immigration to Alaska resumes.
- Britain continues to fight off the Lycanthropes, pushing them finally out of England and most of Scotland- but Ireland remains overrun. India, meanwhile, is chock full of beast and we have little control outside our cities. In desperation, we suggest an alliance of the Baltic, between us, Prussia and Russia, to mutually aid each other in our fight against the beasts. Our military is extensively prepped on anti-monster and monster control activities.
- Russia warily agrees, deciding that is necessary for the survival of the nations.
- Japanese D: Asks for an alliance with Russia to ensure the survival of our nations.
- How do you get into contact with them? They've basically lost Siberia and Kamchatka ... ~Guns' signature that jacks up the whole page~
- I do have some naval presence near them.
- Fair enough then. Maybe I should make that sig into a template. LOL.
- There we go, problem solved.
- Apparently not. DAMN YOU, SUBST!!!
- Orange State: The State Governor continues acting strangely, and begins ordering a massive spiderweb of railroads, and orders that all trains be equipped with large cannons for defensive measures. The very elite and very specialized Yith Legacy soldiers are sent north and manage to purge many of the compounds with somehow minimal losses. With this seen, many civilians continue to sign up for the special forces unit and the division swells to over 3000 soldiers. Due to the massive amounts of monsters to the north many African tribes flee south into Orange territory. Instead of rejecting them the Governor institutes a program in which the chiefs of the tribes must sign a contract in which they are allowed to settle in Orange lands, but most obey Orange laws and learn Dutch, but must also contribute 65% of their warriors to the nation. The Governor takes drastic measures and sends troops east to occupy parts of British colonies out to the coast, and commandeers a port and several ships. Three ships are strangley enough sent south to Antarctica jam-packed with supplies and the heavily armored and equipped Yith Legacy soldiers and many construction workers, two with ships with just basic infantry are sent to Australia, and another three are sent to make contact with Europe. The creation of massive cannons with barrels of 4-foot diameters begin being cranked out en masse at least one is sent to each frontier settlement that has more than 300 inhabitants. Despite racism and arrogant attitudes of Afrikaaners cultural sycretism begins to take hold, with Orange customs and language influenced. Continues industrialization. Large subsidies are put in place for diamond and colonial companies.
C'mon guys, keep this map game up and running, I don't want to see it die after seven turns.
The world has taken a turn for the better. The Baltic is united in an anti-monster alliance. Africa is almost entirely overrun, but other states are better off. More mod events later.
The large wave of monsters coming from the Pacific finally make land fall in Asia, completely taking over Taiwan and coastal Vietnam, and begin making heavy landings in Eastern China and begin raiding.
In Japan there is a lesser presence of monsters due to there still begin a decent minority of Cultists, but Tokyo is under siege, but heavy casualties were sustained by the monsters due to Japanese defenses. The Ryukyu Islands are completely overrun and Southern Japan is hit the hardest. Hokkaido is surprisingly almost untouched.
In South America the monsters make landfall in Chile and almost instantaneously overrun the nation and make little progress into Argentina. They also take over the Galapagos and seem to be using it as a staging area and raid small coastal cities in Ecuador, and little harassment is done to Colombia. Shoggoth landings continue, and strangely enough they begin to fight with the other monsters.
In Greece, it is believed that the gods are returning. Monsters of the underworld begin to return, and less undead are seen. The seas begin to calm and harvests become greater. However, lightning storms become greater around Mount Olympus and Mount Othrhys.
In Egypt, the self-proclaimed Horus gains more followers. Pyramids continue to crumble, while others rise in height or regain their original appearances. People appear across Egypt claiming to be the people who were buried in now collapsed pyramids.
There is a new improvement in the United States - the undead cannot survive in the desert. Arizona and parts of Texas are quickly reclaimed and quarantined by the Americans.
From the south a smaller wave of Shoggoths are moving toward Oceania and Africa, and another in moving into Argentina.
'In Africa most European colonies are destroyed by either witches, mummies, a mix of the two, or some other vile creatures. 'In the Free Orange State some people begin to believe that Governor Christiaan de Wet is somehow responsible for the attacks. Some begin to see him as a Messiah or Prophet, and much of the Protestant population begins to lose their faith, some of them even turning to African Vodunism (Voodoo) for answers.
More mod events later.
- Colombia: The nation continues to push its survivalist and militarist policies attempting to prevent the nation from being caught offguard by any monsters. Colombia also fields another ironclad warship with plans for more. Assuming Ecuador has essentially collapsed 70,000 Colombian forces are deployed as an expeditionary and search and rescue force. The armed forces now training on the new quality doctrine make their first foray against monsters in Ecuador. While moderately successful there are some decent casualties which prompt the generals to change doctrine to minimize casualties. The navy also begins to consistently rearm its navy's aging weaponry and begins to combat any seaborne colosi and gets close to the Galápagos Islands to see their condition. Along with this, industry and agriculture are continuously built up in order to facilitate a better nation later as well as a largely growing population. Colombia continues to influence various South American countries through its newly formed super national political party which currently is gaining steam and members in most if northern South America. Their party name is currently under deliberation. The influence into Venezuela is the most prominent with various politicians gaining prominence that are pro-Colombia and pro-supranationalist. The Party is generally known as the Federal Party, but remains unrelated to other parties sharing the name. The Colombian navy also escorts a group of ships with nearly 15,000 men to organize a mass evacuation from Chile and use the soldiers to buy time or establish a Safe Zone in Northern Chile behind the Andes Mountains. This is done to save hundreds of thousands of people that could not normally be evacuated. Colombia works to attempt to annex Costa Rica. The nation continues its large scale purges of monsters from areas in southwestern coastal Colombia and with 70,000 troops in Ecuador begins working to pull Ecuador into the fold as well in an attempt to keep as many South Americans as possible alive.
- Empire of Japan: Begins to prepare to besiege the islands that are under control of the monsters. More cultists are killed by government police.
- Ottoman Empire: We continue our fight against the demon spawns that are coming from Egypt trying to hold a front against the monsters trying to prevent them from expanding out. We open up to all nations for trade and focus on the elimination of all monsters.
- F.O.S.: The ships previously sent to Antarctica are about halfway down but one of the ships get sunk by a Kracken. The two sent to Australia three-fourths of the way there are mostly intact, and the three sent to Europe are also about half the way there, mostly intact. The Yith Legacy soldiers continue to clear compounds to the north and the borders continue to be mostly secured. Governor Christiaan de Wet continues acting strangely, but begins offering rewards for new forms of weapons to combat the Cultists, and one of the weapons brought up was mustard gas, which is now being produced and refined. Due to people beginning to convert to Vodunism (Voodoo) it is declared a form of witchcraft and therefore, a felony. Due to Negro languages being picked up by the colonists as well as mixed with English and Dutch, Afrikaaner Creole becomes the official language. We continue expansion and the occupation of British lands temporarily.
- Netherlands: We build up our army and send two-thirds of our army to the Belgian border and the soldiers are ordered to open fire on any incoming monsters. We also start building a great wall with cannons stationed and troops patroling 24/7.
- Colony of Tasmania: The bunyip problem in the lake district is getting mostly under control, with only a few sheep being lost per month. Scientists from the Royal Tasmania Society take the opportunity to go into the field and study the creatures. A baby is captured and put on display in a zoo. It is actually quite cute. Farmers think up the genius idea of using wild Tasmanian Tigers (Thylacines) to keep bunyip populations under control, as the thylacines in the next enclosure have frequently been seen trying to burrow into the baby bunyip's enclosure. Elections are held, and the people return James Whyte as Premier, mainly due to his excellent handling of the Bunyip issue. Krakens though, continue to be a threat, but the new batteries in Launceston and Hobart are helping.
- Qing Dynasty: Emperor Tongzhi begins to utilize his power more powerfully than before. He began with the consolidation of Nanking, which was captured by Qing soldiers. Afterward, he begins modernization after being convinced by Li Hong Zhan, Zuo Zong Tang and Zheng Guo Fan. We begin to destroy the old arrows and swords and replace them with rifles. We begin construction of rifles in China and Tiangjing, Qingdao and Shanghai begins the construction of large amounts of ironclads. Science and technology are encouraged and we begin encouraging thought in the people. We establish more church schools and foreign influenced schools. Rifles are adopted to kill Jian shi more effectively. We begin to combat the rising monsters. The court sends a decree saying that a races of China are equal, which boosts Chinese morals.
- Denmark: The government launches a counterattack on the monsters, reopening shipping lanes to Iceland and Greenland. Constant patrols are set up and the armed forces are completely equipped with the bolt action rifles. We construct the first level of fortification on Iceland and Denmark consisting of porcupine defenses and low walls with riflemen and cannons.
- Papal States: HOPE's research has paid off and we have developed a gun that launches a foot long wooden stake, designed to take out vampires. Production begins, albeit slowly. It is named the LE1 (Lamia Exterminatore - Vampire Destroyer). Defences continue to be built and a moat is dug around Rome, filled with Holy Water, which flows due to several fortified paddle stations on the inner side of the channel.
- Austria: We continue to force the Wild Hunt out, and push Vampires farther back. We issue ear buds to a force of oldiers who are sent to exterminate the Rhine Sirens. We continue to construct ironclads in the Mediterranean Ports. Tensions rise with Italy.
- Danish Diplomacy: We offer a defensive alliance and a trade pact. We request to purchase 200 coastal artillery pieces for 2000, too of steel, and 1000 bolt action rifles.
- Austria accepts.
- Russia continues to man the border at all places. Our luck continues to hold and people continue to pray. The mass immigration stops, and people return to major cities like Petrograd and Moscow, since the alliance with Britain and Prussia is tenuously keeping us safe.
- Greece: During what King Yorgios calls "the calm before the storm," mass amounts of artillery and rifles are made. Due to the costs of this. Greece plants tobacco on the Peloponnese, and exports much of it. Silver, in large amounts is also imported to create silver-coated weapons. The capital, for safety is moved to the central Peloponnese, in a new fortified city being built at the time known as Nea Laconia (New Sparta), due to the location being close by, and the city being heavily defended. Unlike old Sparta, it has walls. For now, it is only a fortress, but many are expected to meve there in time.Panagopoulos leads a new division of infantry known as the Spartatites, extremely skilled in defensive combat. They are moved up to Corinth, where at the isthmus, fortifications are built. A moat is dug (not a full canal), followed by a wall and gun towers. Military are positioned behind this. Plans to fortify parts of the coast are underway. Many Hellenic cultists continue to hope the gods will come ... soon.
- With aid from the Baltic alliance, the UK punches through werewolf lines, scattering werewolf troops and injuring King Lycan himself, who is forced to flee to Scotland. With the immediate threat to the Isles over, the British soldiers prepare for a return to the colonies, especially India and South Africa. A frigate is sent to Australia, to see what remains there. Seeing how well our economic prgrams suited us when push came to shove, more factories are built on the double, with the aim being to improve our industrial base by 50% over the next ten years.
Mod Events later. Figured I'd just start the turn.
In Greece, the Titanomachy supposedly starts, with lightning storms crisscrossing Greece and the Balkans, as well as massive waves rocking the coasts of the Greek islands. A ten month period of storms ends in September with the explosion of Mount Othrhys. However, major tremors soon rock the lands around it, leading people to believe that even though the gods have destroyed the Titans, Typhoon is coming. Minor earthquakes also stretch into Macedonia and Albania, and west to Sicily and south to Egypt.
Dracula accidentally misreads his map after a midnight flight as a bat and lands in Pennsylvania instead of Transylvania, where he is killed and eaten by a couple of hicks. The vampires are thrown into confusion as a result.
^ Joke, guys.
Colombia: Colombia continues its own major programs of industrial and agricultural improvement and uses its military forces in Ecuador to literally Evict any remaining monsters and sets up a large scale safe zone and holds its gound on the beaches of Ecuador. Colombia also requests that Venezuela and Ecuador join with Colombia to reform Gran-Columbia and also maintain South America's integrity and prevent monsters from overrunning the continent. The amount of people looking to create a unified government with Colombia (this isn't annexation - it's literally unification) is very high and many see their futures in uniting against the creatures into a single organized entity rather than various smaller nations. The Colombian armed forces in Chile also continue to hold in a safe zone created in northern Chile created at the cost of nearly 7000 troops leaving about 8000 left fighting bitterly to hold the zone and evacuate civilians from Chile. Colombian armed forces look to the nation of Costa Rica and look for monsters looking to land in the country. The population of Columbia reaches 7.2 million as the nation's women are having almost four to six children. The Serrano Doctrine - as its officially called - is unveiled to other South American nations such as Venezuela, Ecuador and the remnants of Chile in an attempt to gather support for a Pan-South American movement to fight off the creatures.
Colony of Tasmania: The baby Bunyip becomes quite a popular tourist destination. The newly-formed Lake District Company takes over guard duties from the Berwent and Hobart companies. Krakens continue to be a small problem to fishermen. A small amount of gold is discovered in the sandstone mines in Beaconsfield, but it is kept quiet ... for the moment.
Qing Dynasty: Emperor Tongzhi begins to utilize his power more powerfully than before. He began with the consolidation of Nanking, which was captured by Qing soldiers. Afterward, he begins modernization after being convinced by Li Hong Zhan, Zuo Zong Tang and Zheng Guo Fan. We begin to destroy the old arrows and swords and replace them with rifles. We begin construction of rifles in China and Tiangjing, Qingdao and Shanghai begins the construction of large amounts of ironclads. Science and technology are encouraged and we begin encouraging thought in the people. We establish more church schools and foreign influenced schools. Rifles are adopted to kill Jian shi more effectively. We begin to combat the rising monsters. The court sends a decree saying that a races of China are equal, which boosts Chinese morals. We successfully crush most Jiang shi and our armies are moving to Tibet to combat the dragons.
Papal States: If the mod event about Dracula/Pensylvania is true ... (50 Paladins armed with LE1's, Holy Water, Crosses, Bibles, Stakes, Garlic and a fire starting kit travel to Transylvania and begin to rekill vampires, meeting moderate success.) Defences continue to be built. Research continues. We ask Austria for an alliance.
Prussia: After constant bombardment over the last several months the Rhineland is badly ravaged. A large force of over 300,000 German soldiers begins a campaign to liberate the region, meeting moderate success. In the north allied soldiers begin a push through Oldenburg, reaching the Dutch border. On the eastern front much of inland West Prussia is secured, allowing our forces to begin moving toward the coast. Along the Baltic Sea our forces report constant dark skies, dominated by thousands of dark shadows and creatures. The sky seems to vibrate and shake with the might of supernatural forces in battle. The cities of Poznan and Wroclaw are loosely secured, although under siege seemingly at random by the Wild Hunt. The local population begins construction of a massive defensive perimeter in several cities, guarded only by the wary machine gunners and artillery operators who manage to survive each night. In the south, however, we have made contact with the Austrian front, trapping large contingents of mainland creatures in between our two armies. It is discovered that the monster army is moving inland, toward Krakow. We detect several groups of monsters advancing south toward the city, seemingly to meet up with forces from the south. If they were to be successful the monsters would effectively cut Eastern Europe in half, making their largest territorial increase in Europe thus far. We ask all human nations to make a final stand at Krakow, and send a large force to defend the city.
Empire of Brazil: Emperor Pedro II, the leader of the Brazilian people, finds himself in a unique position. He is the leader of the most powerful and populous state in South America, whilst the human race faces the biggest threat to its existence of all time. The Emperor holds an emergency cabinet meeting with his Prime Minister, the Viscount of Itaborai, with the goal of creating a plan to slow the arrival of the monster threat for as long as possible. After hours of debate, a creative, but equally dark solution is created. Both the Government of Chile and the Chilean Armed Forces have been utterly decimated. Where the monsters have not wiped out all human life, anarchy reigns. If this is allowed to continue, the monster threat shall gain a foothold in South America, that could not only act as a staging post for future invasions, but also a potential monster state. To prevent this, the Empire of Brazil has decided to invade the lands of Chile, and annex them into the Empire. By doing this, the Empire shall re-instate control into these lands, and shall destroy this foothold in South America, slowing the monster advance. Field Marshal José Luís Mena Barreto is given command of this invasion force, and it is named Operacion Eliminar. The sole goal of this invasion, is to annex the lands of Chile, and integrate them into the Brazilian Empire, whilst also eliminating as much of the monster threat as possible. The Brazilian Navy, currently the fifth most powerful in the world, mobilises eighty of its ships, a massive proportion, to sail round Cape Froward, the southernmost point of South America, to reach Chile. This group of ships is named Fuerza Especial Invencible, and is staffed by fifty thousand troops of the Brazilian Army, as well as their usual contingents of the Brazilian Navy. The task force sets sail down the eastern coast of South America, meeting no resistance until it goes round Cape Froward. From this point onward, Fuerza Especial Invencible has to deal with light Kraken resistance, but due to the size of the task force, this is easily fought off. Upon arriving near Chile, the task force begins clearing the coast, moving northward up to Peru, creating a blockade as it goes to prevent any further monster landings onto the coast. The naval side of the task force upholds this blockade, and a large majority of the besieging seabourne and amphibious monsters are destroyed or pushed back to deeper waters. The army side of the task force stages an amphibious landing into Chile, with the focus being upon the cities of San Antonio and Valparaiso, which are, at not unsubstantial cost, seized by Brazilian forces from monster and Chilean occupation. These begin to be re-inforced, and set up as staging posts for a push to Santiago, the main objective of the land based forces. Brazilian troops begin to move south and north from this point, facing fierce monster and Chilean resistance. However, some Chilean troops encountered see the Brazilians as liberators, and join forces with them. It is estimated that within three years the entirity of central Chile shall be under Brazilian control (algorithm on talk page). Back in Brazil, drafting is continued, and the Brazilian Army reaches a force of one hundred thousand men. The Navy is expanded, with a goal of five new ships ever year, three of which will be ironclads. Sao Paulo University begins work on a new medical marvel, 'anti-venom', which is used in the defence of snakebites. The nations of Colombia and Argentina are contacted to offer an alliance and trade agreement.
- Colombian D: We request Brazil recognize the fact that almost 10,000 Colombian soldiers have given their lives defending Chile and that the Northern Half is solidly under Colombian control.
- Brazilian D: We will accept this fact only if the nation of Colombia accepts Brazilian control of Southern Chile.
- The entire northern half of Chile has been under Colombian control for almost a year ...
- I'm not interested in the northern part of Chile, I changed my post prior to this comment to reflect that. Hailstormer (talk) 00:48, November 8, 2013 (UTC)
Denmark: The government places one hundred RBL 40 pounder Armstrong guns on the coastline in the updated fortification. 80 are sent to Iceland for defense, ten are sent to Greenland and the other ten are sent to the Prussia-Danish border for defense. More rifles are sent to the Austrian Empire.
Austria: We continue to push the Wild Hunt out. We use Battleships to clear a shipping channel out of the Mediterranean.
FOS: Our ships are close to reaching their intended destinations, we continue expansion and occupation of Rhodesia. A new opposition party is formed called the Suiwer, or Purifiers in English, wanting to completely rid the Free Orange State of Negro influence, and speak only British and Dutch.
1871.50Sea and Rhine-based monsters begin a siege of Amsterdam, destroying large portions of the city. A separate advance from the Rhine leads to the occupation of eastern Netherlands, western Germany, and French Alsace-Lorraine.
In Scandinavia Jörmungandr’s recent appearance has greatly reduced the morale of the local population. A second great blow to the Scandinavians is discovered when it is revealed that Baldr has been slain months earlier. Many believe that Ragnarök has officially begun. Jötunheimr, the land of the jötnar, is aroar, and that the Æsir are in council. The dwarves groan by their stone doors. Surtr advances from the south, his sword brighter than the sun. Rocky cliffs open and the jötnar women sink. People walk the road to Hel and heavens split apart. The sky is also black with winter, snowing relentlessly for months. Heeding Heimdallr’s calls, an army of 432,000 warriors led by the Æsir descends upon the Earth to aid Scandinavia.
The monstrous wolf Fenrir appears in central Sweden, personally destroying several small towns. The great Odin touches down on the Earth and begins an advance toward Fenrir. The Jörmungandr continues its rampage, while the Naglfar commanded by Hrym ferries Jötunn re-inforcements to Scandinavia from an unknown source in the North Sea. Norway is taken of guard and the coast is destroyed, surrounding the remaining Scandinavians in central Sweden.
In Greece, mass storms resumes, and several of the smaller Greek islands are flooded. People immigrate inland in mass numbers, causing residency problems. It is reported that the Typhaeus has risen, and in Sicily, Mount Etna erupts, causing an earthquake that creates tremors as far Turkey and Algeria. Storm spirits begin to ravage Greece and Southern Italy, causing mass destruction everywhere. Only the Hellenists can stop them.
Relations warm between King Lycan and the Irish Faeries who begin to become more aggressive.
The waves of Shoggoths arrive, swarming the beaches of Southern Tasmania but making almost no progress inland, and bolstering forces already present in Argentina and Southern Chile who begin to move north.
In Melanesia the fractured tribes unite under the what they call the Drowned Prophet, as servant of their God and Ruler Cthulu (new playable nation formed). They kill, enslave or convert the Dutch and French colonists
'In Africa the amounts of eldrich magic, cultists and monsters begin to force much of the wildlife south, with the Free Orange State', Zanzibar, and British South Africa to have to deal with large amounts of elephants, rhinos, and lions.
Cthulu nears Antarctica.
- Colombia: The Nation of Colombia officially creates the Specially Administered Zone of Chile which is essentially North Chile in which Colombian troops and Chilean supporters and remnants have set up the safe zone. The Zone is administered by remnants of the Chilean governments (including their president José Joaquín Pérez Mascayano). This coalition-type government is proposed between the Colombian government and is essentially done to include Chile into the political landscape of Colombia and Vice versa. No government takes precedence over the other. the 15,000 Colombian troops in Northern Chile keeping the monsters out make this extremely hard to refuse. Colombian and the Northern half of Chile (which was overrun and is now Colombian controlled) is officially integrated into the Nation. Colombia asks both Ecuador, and Venezuela to join as well forming a completely new nation out of the all of them. '(Mods, please. It's a union not an annexation.) NVM. It was handled by MS for the next turn. The Colombian Armed forces also stage a major battle against monsters in Ecuador expunging even more of them. However, many Ecuadorian soldiers are killed alongside Colombians and a song named "Brothers in Arms" is written to comemorate the fallen. The Colombian Navy goes into full swing launching more and more ships focusing on this as the Army has essentially fortified its positions extremely heavily and more funds are being diverted to the navy now. With this Ironclads are put under construction in droves as are other various ships. a Fleet of about 25 ships is sent over to the North Chilean zone to help out with monster attacks and fully reopen the Ports. The Colombian armed forces begin recruiting the immigrants from other parts of Latin America "Promising Citizenship and Freedom" to those join. While the citizenship is true, being trained as a soldier essentially expedites the process of their families becoming citizens. The Colombian armed forces now are pushed to almost 500,000 with major operations being staged in Ecuador, Chile and now Peru which is being overrun by monsters. The Intervention in Peru is not an invasion and the almost 90,000 troops sent to help them fight along their coast as well as nearly 15 heavily armored naval ships. Many Peruvians are especially thankful for the Colombian support. Colombian support in the Peruvian fight against the monsters leads to a surge in membership for the Supernational Federal party by the thousands with it becoming the dominant party in Colombia, and one of Venezuela's two major parties at this point. Ecuador and North Chile are essentially de facto influenced by this as well. Bolivia sees minor members of this party take hold. Colombia undergoes its first new elections and a Federalist President known as Rodrigo Vasquez is named the president of the country, He appoints the surviving Chilean President to serve alongside him so as to equalize the power and show the surrounding nations the Colombia is attempting to do something great and is not oppressing these other nations and is truly helping them. Colombia begins to mine gold in greater quantities and manages to restore some form of a working and independent economy based on Colombias greatly expanding Industry and Agrilculture. Population of Colombia reaches about 3.55 million (Corrected from previous population elements just found the Source) (This also includes the large amount of Chilean survivors). Colombian forces also continue to purge monsters from Chile and begin a continuing long process in which Chilean forces numbering about 20,000 (remaining) are trained and guided by the veteran Colombian troops in order to prevent further overrunning of their country. Most Major cities are cleared of monsters. The Federalist Party spreads to Bolivia minorly as well.
- Colombia D: José Joaquín Pérez Mascayano, the president of Chile, requests that Brazil please leave Southern Chile as does the new Colombian President Vasquez.
- Brazilian D: We decline this request. Chile lost its right to comment when it allowed monsters to gain a foothold into our fair continent, and its troops retreated to leave Chilean civilians to their fates. Brazil has acted as the most powerful and populous state in South America to destroy this foothold and bring order, something which we have done with a payment of blood. We have no intentions of giving up what is now Brazilian land. Also, the Brazilian government sees it prudent to warn Colombia about its attempts to influence surrounding states, stating that it could have unintended consequences.
- Colombian D: President Vasquez reminds Brazil that its forces have done absolutely nothing until now and that Colombia has bled to save its own people, as well as Ecuador and the majority of the Remaining Chilean population (which fled north when Colombia established a safe zone almost one year ago prior to Brazils intervention). Colombia has taken action, Colombia has saved Millions. Brazil has done nothing other than let the Problem Fester. It is not Chile's fault that their proportionately small military could not fight monsters even the British navy has trouble with. (It's also extremely implausible to be expanding in this way, Emperor Dom Pedro II would have been extremely unwilling to leave the country and wouldn't lead it in this way. Your Emperor's predispositions to be more occupied with himself rather than his country does not change because monsters emerged everywhere but Brazil.)
- The UK blows the shite out of King Lycan and his forces in a sudden advance across the Irish Channel. We continue to prep the army to aid mainland Europe, and re-establish contact with Australia. The population is trained extensively in monster control tactics. The PM dies, but is replaced by the now War hero Richard Ailey, Baron of Ailey.
- Colombian D: We wish to establish a working relationship with the UK and request Trade. We will begin to Supply/sell gold to help drive the remaining parts of the Global economy forward regardless of the Monster threat.
- Ottoman Empire: We continue holding the monsters on a frontline in Egypt, these recent events have help unite the people of the Ottoman Empire under the flag of Islam. We ask for trade of modern technology from outside nations.
- Greece: Scout ships are sent to the remains of Mount Etna, and it has been discovered that the entire mountain is more-or-less destroyed. Typhaeus is sighted in the Mediterranean, and he is tracked. The ash from Mount Etna covers much of Greece, causing crops to fail. Greece now relies solely on its stored food. A Drakon assaults Corinth. Most of the Spartatites are killed or routed, but Iro Panagopolos and five brave companions succeed in killing it by a well-placed shot in the brain. He then, amidst the dead, proclaims himself Heracles returned, having returned to defend the Greeks from Kronos' (Cthulhu's) rebirth. He then proceeds to gather a vast amount of followers, enough to rival King Yorgios. Yorgios, despite being a closet Hellenic, sees Iro as a lunatic who happens to be a lucky shot. Non-Hellenics rally around him. He, however, leaves the Peloponnese, to go to Athens, along with his major followers, leaving Iro to proclaim himself King of the Hellenes in Sparta. Greece has become divided, with Hellenics in the Peloponnese, and many Christians in Attica. Many Hellenics go north to Olympus, in Ottoman territory, to give one final last-ditch prayer for the Olympians to return. The defenses in Corinth are rebuilt, and new soldiers are trained, with many joining, as they have free rations.
- FOS: The ships arrive close to their destinations, the one sent intent for England lands in Portugal and opens up means of communication, the one heading to Australia manages to land in Tasmania and one ship is ordered to remain with troops to aid the Tasmanians. The ships sent to Antarctica make land fall and do not return, and instead begin constructing a small outpost. More ships and supplies are sent to Antarctica, including large cannons, gunpowder, and a lot of firewood and oil. To deal with the incoming fauna the Governor institutes a new policy in which hunting permits are required and must be renewed biannually, and are animal specific, with the hunter only being able to own three at a time. Many of the elephants are contained as the Governor begins a program to use them as War Elephants against the northern Cultists, and a small batch has been trained and is in use. The Purist party continues to grow in popularity, but are so far still just a small party with few seats. The Yith Legacy continues to expand in numbers. We continue expansion and industrialization. The Railway Program continues in motion.
- F.O.S.D.: We offer a co-operative pact between the Free Orange State and Tasmania until order has returned to the world.
- Denmark: The military procures another 45 heavy artillery guns from the national armory. A railroad system so built around the nation and around Iceland with four railroad guns placed in Denmark, and three placed on Iceland. The military purchases ten more gunboats and begins to enlarge harbors. Food is stockpiled along with extra weapons, ammunition, fuel, and water. A Kraken is destroyed by a well placed grape shot in the mouth. All ships are re-equipped with four inch guns with grapeshot and canister shot as defense. Ten armored cruisers are laid down, and an armored destroyer is almost completed.
- Colony of Tasmania: The government and population is glad to have regained contact with the mother country. With the Bunyip problem in the capable hands of the Lake District Company, three companies, as well as the CTS Bunyip are sent to the South coast to deal with the Stroggoths. Containment lines are drawn. News of the gold at Beaconsfield draws prospectors, and the colonial government swiftly introduces a license system so they can reap maximum monies from the resources. The colony's treasury is soon receiving a steady stream of license fees.
Qing Dynasty: Emperor Tongzhi begins to utilize his power more powerfully than before. He began with the consolidation of Nanking, which was captured by Qing soldiers. Afterward, he begins modernization after being convinced by Li Hong Zhan, Zuo Zong Tang and Zheng Guo Fan. We begin to destroy the old arrows and swords and replace them with rifles. We begin construction of rifles in China and Tiangjing, Qingdao and Shanghai begins the construction of large amounts of ironclads. Science and technology are encouraged and we begin encouraging thought in the people. We establish more church schools and foreign influenced schools. Rifles are adopted to kill Jian shi more effectively. We begin to combat the rising monsters. The court sends a decree saying that all races of China are equal, which boosts Chinese morals. We successfully crush most Jiang shi and our armies are moving into Tibet to combat the dragons. We begin to smuggle rifles into Tibet and we start to build a large artillery that moves fast enough to kill dragons.
Papal States: A Paladin, fully trained and equipped is sent to each Catholic nation in the world to found a HOPE base. Defences continue to be built, and are now looking formidable. Research continues.
With the Bifröst now completely destroyed Surtr turns his attention to the Scandinavians. His forces slaughter the population of Rønne, which has since been practically swallowed up into the sea. The island is established as a staging ground for more attacks against the Scandinavians.
An army of Swedish soldiers and Norse heroes advance from Stockholm hoping to break the stalemate in the south. Led by the legendary Freyr, believed to be the ancestor of the Swedish royal house, the Swedish make decent advances. Freyr’s forces advance as far as the southern coast, where they see signs of Surtr’s presence on Rønne.
Höðr, brainwashed by Cthulhu, swears allegiance to the monsters following his killing of Baldr. Váli, son of Odin and the giantess Rindr meets Höðr and kills him. Heimdallr and Loki engage in battle, mutually killing one another. Their armies are left astray. Tyr battles Garm and both slay the other.
The nations of Venezuela and Ecuador agree to join Colombia in union, creating the nation of Gran-Colombia. The nations hope that this greater sense of unity will help the Colombian people in the fight against monster invasion.
Ireland finally falls to the relentless British assault, and King Lycan is slain in the last battle. Now Britain stands ready, the first nation to free itself from the beasts. Now, what will it do? Will it help its fellow nations?... or will it take their terrritory from their hands as the monsters crawl over their dead bodies?
A new larger wave of monsters is coming from the Pacific.
Cthulu's influence increases in the Caribbean, with most nations about to submit. He is almost finished with his business in Central Antarctica.
Now, I am not going to claim anything in this case, as Colombia has been heavily influencing Venezuela and Ecuador for a while now. But if Colombia ends up uniting with all the free nations of South America through mod events, without having to fight any conflicts or deal with what should be expected resistance, I am going to claim ASB and mod bias. Just wanted to get that out there. Hailstormer (talk) 21:08, November 8, 2013 (UTC)
Gran-Colombia: With the complete Merger of Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, and Northern Chile (was already unified to some degree with Colombia) Into Gran-Colombia the leaders of all the nations are formed into the the Presidential Congress (which is a conglomeration of the previous leaders of the countries) and with the Core Presidency up for Debate. However many looking at the diplomatic prowess of Rodrigo Vasquez the Colombian president, vote him in a their concurrent leader. It passes congress unanimously as well and Vasquez is appointed the Temporary president of Gran-Colombia while New elections are set up. The Federalist Party, and the Manifesto party, a relatively new party are expected to oppose each other in elections for candidates but for the most part the elections are extremely tame and a coalition Government is formed with a mixture of representatives and congressmen from every nation being a part of the government. Alongside this, Rodrigo Vasquez is unanimously voted by the majority of the New Gran-Colombia as the President, with Venezeulan President Guillermo Villegas taking position as his Vice President. Now with the economies and military forces of many of these nations brought together the veteran Colombian generals begin training regimens for many of the troops not currently on the front lines to help with their quality standards. The forces of Gran-Colombia are also highly centralized to prevent fracturing and many generals are allowed to keep their positions as long as they undergo training to improve them and their troops quality. The economy of Gran-Colombia using the various industries and agricultural bases of the nations secured is finally beginning to move away from the emergency state Colombia proper has been undergoing for quite a long time. Refugees unable to survive in Northern Chile are moved to Colombia's new industrial centers to help work while the resource and mining industries of both all Gran-Colombian states and Districts are improved upon heavily. With this, the Navy is also heavily centralized and the Gran-Colombian Pacific and Atlantic fleets are created. 40 Ships are also sent to the coast of Peru and engage in a Large Scale battle with Colosi in the area securing the port cities of Peru after a long month long conflict. The victory in the battle was finally achieved when the Colosi were outmaneuvered towards the land and taken out by Gran-Colombian, and Peruvian Artillery. Multiple ironclads are also constructed as well with the Colosi fighting modifications. For the most part, however, industrial improvement is worked on in Colombia proper using the built up industry to be a base for most of the nations industry with agriculture extending from Colombia through Venezuela. The talks of creating the Gran-Colombian railway get underway as well. Gold once again becomes standard currency. Gran-Colombian troops now re-inforced in Peru officially lock down the country and begin a sterilization campaign against the monsters using the secured Peruvian ports like a wall. The Integration of Peru into Gran-Colombia begins as military forces secure the country. A very loose sort of Fireman's line stretches from east to west as the Area is swept, Peru and its soldiers help along the way as well. Federal Party in Peru continues to grow and many begin looking to Gran-Colombia for support in overthrowing the inept government. Bolivian elements of the Federal party expand as well. Gran-Colombia manages to open up a trade route through to Argentina resuming previous trade with the country. With the Nation of Gran-Colombia created it looks to be a Rising industrial power as well as a military receiving training that is high grade, and directly from the veterans of previous conflicts and especially veterans of the monster conflicts. Along with this, Gran-Colombia boasts vast amounts of accessable resources, and a population of about 6.3 million and growing. Gran-Colombian forces also begin to fortify its southern border with Brazil through the Amazons to a Degree. We openly say that this is not due to any sort of threat, but rather any sort of monster threat that could arise, the Atlantic is just as dangerous as the Pacific. The Southern border is fortified much like the Northern areas in the mountains and coastal areas. The Galapagos islands are officially taken by Gran-Colombian naval and marine forces with moderate casualties. Many people begin to fear of a possible retribution from the Monsters from Colombian uccess against them. Gran-Colombia requests an alliance with Bolivia as we wish to prevent undue aggression across the continent and that the Spanish descended nations of South America should stick together. (Mod, please). With a growing gold trade between the UK the Colombians begin using their new purchasing power to buy industrial equipment and heavily manufactured metals from the British. The Commercial oil industry in the State of Venezuela begins to develop as the first wells are drilled on the demand that kerosene and other things for industry are manufactured for Gran-Colombia and the British.
- Gran-Colombia D: We request Brazil open up an Atlantic trade route between Gran-Colombia, and Brazil.
The UK sends a large part of its fleet to aid the Indians, then sends the remainders to the Baltic, clearing out the Denmark Straits. With King Lycan dead and the Isles safe once more, we will now clear out Europe; the first strike will be in Belgium, we decide. We agree to Columbia's request.
- Danish Diplomacy: We thank the British for their aid.
- Gran-Colombia dip: We offer the British usage of Gran-Colombian ports for the retaining of their Caribbean colonies, We also offer Britain an alliance.
Ottoman Empire: With a united empire under the flag of the Ottomans and Islam we send the soldiers to fight against the monsters that stalk and scare our borders and create fortifications to hold back the monsters while we begin fortifying the dubbed "Deadzone" or "Black Zone" that was once Cairo and Alexandria and continue or fight against the monsters there.
Papal States: Defences continue to be improved. Training of Paladins continues, aiming for a secret mission in a years time - though we stress it is not against any humans. We ask if Paladins could be given free travel worldwide, in exchange for the right to make Holy Water and their protection of the nation they reside in.
- Danish Diplomacy: We will allow this.
Denmark: After the British clear the Danish Strait, the Navy moves in to retain control. Small islands across the channel are fortified. The armored cruiser is completed along with 45 heavy artillery. Forts are enlarged and expanded with mines being placed in strategic locations, and the fortified wall is 90% complete.
Qing Dynasty: Emperor Tongzhi begins to utilize his power more powerfully than before. He began with the consolidation of Nanking, which was captured by Qing soldiers. Afterward, he begins modernization after being convinced by Li Hong Zhan, Zuo Zong Tang and Zheng Guo Fan. We begin to destroy the old arrows and swords and replace them with rifles. We begin construction of rifles in China and Tiangjing, Qingdao and Shanghai begins the construction of large amounts of ironclads. Science and technology are encouraged and we begin encouraging thought in the people. We establish more church schools and foreign influenced schools. Rifles are adopted to kill Jian shi more effectively. We begin to combat the rising monsters. The court sends a decree saying that all races of China are equal, which boosts Chinese morals. We successfully crush most Jiang shi and our armies are moving into Tibet to combat the dragons. We begin to smuggle rifles into Tibet and we start to build a large artillery that moves fast enough to kill dragons. We continue improving our economy
FOS: Ships are sent to Europe and Australia full of diamonds and gold to revitalize the world economy. We continue expansion to the North, West, and all directions in Antarctica as more soldiers are stationed there and begin scouting inland. Cultists continue to be fought and war elephants trained. We continue the occupation of British Rhodesia. The Governor, Christiaan de Wet, begins to act normal once more, and has been taken ill by amnesia.
Colony of Tasmania: Prospectors and small mining companies continue to mine for gold at Beaconsfield, alowing money to pour into the colony's coffers. With some of the new money, the government orders a small steam gunboat, and a horse artillery company. The three companies sent south to halt the Shoggoths remain there. The beasts have been pushed back to a thin strip of coastline around South Cape Bay. The now adolescent Bunyip at the Hobart Zoo is still a popular attraction, and continues to give scientists a valuable insight into the world of the Bunyip.
Greece: The two major factions in the nation are the Loyalists, loyal to Yorgios, old king of Greece. They are mostly Orthodox and reside within Attica. The Heracleans are loyal to the man known as Iro who proclaimed himself Heracles returned. They are mostly Hellenic and reside within the Peloponnese. Skirmishes between these factions occur around the Isthmus of Corinth, but in the end, the Heracleans emerge winning, as the vast majority of the military is loyal to them. The Loyalists make a stand in the old Acropolis of Athens, but in the end, Heracles asks Yorgios to stand down, or die. Yorgios however, and his followers are on a boat to Gran-Columbia, and only a few remain in the Acropolis. Now that Heracles has control of all of Greece, he begins to fortify Attica, as he did with the Peloponnese. Walls are built around inner Athens, and the Acropolis itself, becomes a modern fort, with the Parthenon in the middle. All people are ordered out of the North, around Othrys and Olympus, as it has been deemed "too unsafe, due to the high concentration of monsters." Boats continue to track Typhos around the Mediterranean, and the tobacco farms are destroyed to build wheat farms to feed the people. The port of Parta is fortified, with cannons being placed around the harbor, to prevent Krakens from ravaging it. Boreas ravages much of Greece, leaving pastures frozen. Hellenics debate on how to drive him off.
Meeting on the fields of battle, Odin attacks Fenrir, but is swallowed whole and alive by the mighty beast, causing his wife Frigg her second great sorrow. Víðarr swears to avenge his father, and advances to meet Fenrir. The mighty Thor finally kills Jörmungandr with his hammer Mjollnir, but is only able to stagger back nine steps before falling dead himself, poisoned by the venom that Jörmungandr spewed over him.
The Zombie invasion the North America has now spread to the South and ravages Brasil.
The Emperor of the Qing falls deathly sick. Some think he will not survive another year ...
Mod Events, please
- Qing Dynasty: Emperor Tongzhi begins to utilize his power more powerfully than before. He began with the consolidation of Nanking, which was captured by Qing soldiers. Afterward, he begins modernization after being convinced by Li Hong Zhan, Zuo Zong Tang and Zheng Guo Fan. We begin to destroy the old arrows and swords and replace them with rifles. We begin construction of rifles in China and Tiangjing, Qingdao and Shanghai begins the construction of large amounts of ironclads. Science and technology are encouraged and we begin encouraging thought in the people. We establish more church schools and foreign influenced schools. Rifles are adopted to kill Jian shi more effectively. We begin to combat the rising monsters. The court sends a decree saying that all races of China are equal, which boosts Chinese morals. We successfully crush most Jiang shi and our armies are moving into Tibet to combat the dragons. We begin to smuggle rifles into Tibet and we start to build a large artillery that moves fast enough to kill dragons. We continue improving our economy
- Danish Diplomacy: We offer to sell the Qing Dynasty 500 bolt action rifles.
- Qing D: We buy it with 1000 taels of silver.
- Papal States Diplomacy: We would like to establish a HOPE Mission Centre in Wuhan. Will you allow it?
- Qing D: We allow the Papal states to establish it.
- Denmark: The government continues fortification of Iceland and Denmark. 30 more heavy artillery batteries are built and the remaining six navy ironclads are constructed. The government encourages and begins to subsidize farmers with lax taxes and aid. A man, Carol Signetz proposes a weapon that fires repetitively using the gases to push back the bolt. He begins to plan it with a presentation in 1878 to have eight different variants.
- Papal Sates: A detachment of Paladins is sent to Denmark to help them fight and establish an embassy. Each paladin is fully trained in both physical and spiritual warfare and equipped with weapons both human and spiritual, from LE1 guns to crosses. Fortifications are looking impressive. We ask the Coptic Pope to allow us to land in Egypt to combat the mummies, pointing out the story of Moses as justification. (Mod, please)
- Gran Colombia: The government continues to improve and expand industry heavily with new larger industrial complexes rising along rivers and other very well off opportune areas. Along with this, government subsidies for larger families are implemented aiming at a large population increase in more than just Colombia proper. The navy manages to field two new ironclads and other dedicated military ships. The ironclad battleships number about ten at this point with various armored auxiliary and support/smaller combat ships being modified or revamped for combat. The Gran Colombian armed forces finish multiple sweeps of Peru. The nation begins their full integration into Gran Colombia using Gran Colombian forces and large scale support for the Gran Colombian Federal Party (supernationalist party, mind you) to work with the integration. With only the major city of Lima not under their control and Gran Colombia's great popularity in Peru it looks that a small but pitched battle could develop. While mostly under Gran Colombian control, (from the monster clearing operations) influence in Peru continues with Gran Colombia beginning to support the previously deposed civilian elected leader of Peru. Gran Colombian troops begin to show a greater posture in Peru proper. The Gran Colombian economy also continues on an upswing as Venezuelan oil and Colombian gold are developed. The border with Brazil is fortified per the Serrano doctrine as are the coastal mountains extending throughout Peru and Chile. Ecuador is a planned expansion of the ever more fortified Colosi Wall that is directly for defense against Monster invasion and doubles as an expansive defensive network. Gran Colombia once again requests an alliance with the British Empire.
- How can you state Peru becomes a part of Gran Colombia with no conflict or mod approval? If this is the way things are going to be done in this game then I intend to just waltz into Argentina and claim that they integrate themselves into the Empire of Brazil. Hailstormer (talk) 21:49, November 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry, I wrote that kind of hungover. It looks a lot weirder to me now than it did when I woke up and wrote it. I'm changing it. Also, you don't have 60,000 troops in Argentina because Lusophone culture and Hispanic culture DO NOT MIX.
Japan: begins to take the islands back from the monsters with the samuri leading the charge. Asks for an alliance with the Qing to fight the monsters.
Colony of Tasmania: Money continues to flow into the treasury thanks to the gold mining. The new Horse Artillery Company is formed, and it is sent South to help fight the Stroggoths, which are being pushed back.
The UK sends armies into Europe, cleaning out the various monsters from Calais (which is now made English again, MWHAHAH). We agree to the Gran-Columbian request and send aid and supplies. The mining operations continue to yield fruit.
The Greek Gods and Titans begin warring heavily between each other spreading their conflict. Some like Apollo and Athena agree to cast their protection over the remaining Greeks which have been so callously ignored.
Cthulhu begins enacting some sort of ritual monster attacks throughout the Pacific - especially Asia - continue on the rise.
The Qing Emperor dies leaving a vacant spot to be taken by either a successor or a completely new influential family. Japanese forces successfully manage to take back a few of their islands but with horrific casualties.
The Zombie outbreak from Brazil spreads rapidly in the south due to its heavier population, and less so in the north due to its terrain and less people. The military is unable to combat the Zombies effectively leaving many doubting the fate of the nation's greatest cities. even with the Terrain some infected reach the nation of Gran Colombia infecting a few people living just outside the Serrano Doctrines Safe zone
The Zombie outbreak begins to spread to Central America as well with Northern Mexico suffering huge casualties. However, some very prepared generals have managed to secure the capital and various areas at a huge cost. The Ineffectivity of the slow-to-reload weapons has led to conventional tactics being nearly useless and unless previously planned, most battles being extremely costly.
The British empire deals a mortal blow to Kraken in the North Atlantic managing to kill almost 50 Kraken and various other monsters. The population of Kraken is reduced for a few years while they repopulate.
To avenge his father, Vidar comes forward and battles Fenrir. He places one foot on Fenrir's lower jaw. With one hand he grasps the wolf's upper jaw and tear its throat asunder, killing it at last.
Brandishing the Sword of Revenge, Surtr from his fortress on Rønne launches a deadly attack, burning the world with fire, but in the process being consumed by his own destruction. Rønne, the Scandinavian coast, parts of Jutland, and other nearby islands are completely scorched and sink into the ocean. Scandinavia, Germany and Eastern Europe are also badly damaged by the shockwave. The explosion throws dust and debris into the atmosphere, blackening the sky over Europe for days. Surtr’s attack is less damaging than prophesied, and the people of Scandinavia appear victorious. The blast also manages to damage the Wild Hunt over Eastern Europe, lessening its power.
Gran Colombia: The nation of Gran Colombia seeing various towns outside of the Serrano doctrines dictated safe zones and the expansion of the Zombie population outside of the safe zones to the thousands prompts action. The southern borders are effectively sealed off per protocol (which is already pretty harsh) and the Zombies themselves are engaged in a series of pitched battles in which the Zombies are drawn up to the various forts and defenses in place along the southern mountains of Venezeula and engaged against the "Southern Wall" which is the conglomeration of defenses throughout the Southern Venezuelan Mountains and beginning to extend along the Border of Colombia as well. The Defenses act as draws for the Infected hungry for humans in the forts or along the walls, and the Human defenders are allowed to control the amount of infected that can reach them staying inside the fort or creating choke points in certain areas which they are easily killed. Gran Colombian armed forces avoid any and all open engagement with the infected and essentially stick to shoring up defenses. The low amounts of infected allows this to happen while almost 50,000 troops are used to re-inforce the area. Various town militias are trained that sit outside the safe zones or defensive lines and this allows for the civilians to bolster troop defenses. Following this, the government deems it necessary to completely integrate Peru and begins the assault on their capital of Lima intent on seizing it. The plan is based on using existing troops in the country to begin simultaneous operations on the remaining non-supporters of Gran Colombian annexation. Lima, itself, is a large scale three-pronged attack using superior terrain and artillery to level defenses and seize Lima in its entirety to put their previously elected civilian leader back in power and to integrate Peru fully into Gran Colombia. (Algo complete). Peru Is taken in a landslide victory and unnecessary casualties are avoided wherever possible. The Gran Colombian forces have officially seized the capital and begin integration of Peru into Gran Colombia. The Gran Colombian government also continues its major push to bring about larger parts of the Oil industry. Along with this Gold extraction in Colombia reaches an all time high. British weapons are continually bought and the munitions for these are manufactured directly in the country. The Gran Colombian armed forces positions in Peru and Chile also present a more well defended front facing in towards Brazil and Bolivia hoping to avoid the huge Zombie infection coming from there. As a result of all our posturing, we decide to send Brazil a moderate amount of supplies to help them to at least hold on to their capital. The Serrano Doctrine is continually implemented in larger ways in which important areas such as the new industrial centers, major cities, and now even border towns previously outside the zones and defensive lines are now extended to include them. The Gran Colombian navy manages to crank out five more ironclads following the end of the year, and a few more auxiliary ships.
Taiping Heavenly Kingdom: After going into hiding because of the monsters and being disorganized as a result, we go out of hiding because of the power vacancy with Hong Tiangfu still our leader at 25 years old. Tiangfu resumes centralization of the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom. Instead of capturing Beijing directly, Tiangfu encourages decenstralization of the Qing Empire with us controlling the southern eastern region of China and other groups controlling other regions while paying tribute to the next Qing Emperor in Beijing.
Qing Dynasty: Afterward, he begins modernization after being convinced by Li Hong Zhan, Zuo Zong Tang and Zheng Guo Fan. We begin to destroy the old arrows and swords and replace them with rifles. We begin construction of rifles in China and Tiangjing, Qingdao and Shanghai begins the construction of large amounts of ironclads. Science and technology are encouraged and we begin encouraging thought in the people. We establish more church schools and foreign influenced schools. Rifles are adopted to kill Jian shi more effectively. We begin to combat the rising monsters. The court sends a decree saying that all races of China are equal, which boosts Chinese morals. We successfully crush most Jiang shi and our armies are moving into Tibet to combat the dragons. We begin to smuggle rifles into Tibet and we start to build a large artillery that moves fast enough to kill dragons. We continue improving our economy As Emperor Tongzhi dies, his successor, Emperor Guanxu becomes the emperor. With powerful families trying to usurp him, he immediately set out to consolidate his throne. To the people, he denounces the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom as a cult and promotes Roman Catholicism instead to combat Hong Tiang Fu's Abridged Christianity. He also make many political changes, including the introduction of large amounts of youth into the court as his own people.
Denmark: The military begins to mobilize in a planned offencive against the monsters in Norway-Sweden. Food stores are open until crops can be grown, and fishing is encouraged. Damaged fortifications are repaired and troops begin nightly watches. The government begins to work on building lighthouses to keep watch. 20 light artillery pieces are built.
The UK continues its fight against the monsters, now having taken most of Normandy and Brittany. We work hard on Anjou, and train our military, pumping out new weaponry and ships like hell.
The Taiping Heavenly kingdom continues to gain huge strength once again in China with many Chinese believing the Qing have lost the Mandate of Heaven. The monster attacks on China continue with a major attack in Shanghai devastating the city.
The Zombie outbreak in Mexico continues in the northern areas with hundreds of thousands of infected pushing on the barely held safe line in Southern Mexico. The Zombies reach the Caribbean as well with Cuba suffering heavily as well as various other islands.
Brazil continues to suffer as well with Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay getting parts of the infection. The infected also make their first major appearances in Bolivia and Northern Chile. Rio de Janeiro is dangerously close to being overrun.
The Wild Hunt attempts to regain some of its lost strength.
Gran Colombia: The nation of Gran Colombia seeing various towns outside of the Serrano doctrines dictated safe zones and the expansion of the Zombie population outside of the safe zones to the thousands prompts action. The southern borders are effectively sealed off per protocol (which is already pretty harsh) and the Zombies themselves are engaged in a series of pitched battles in which the Zombies are drawn up to the various forts and defenses in place along the southern mountains of Venezeula and engaged against the "Southern Wall" which is the conglomeration of defenses throughout the southern Venezuelan mountains and beginning to extend along the Border of Colombia as well. The Defenses act as draws for the Infected hungry for humans in the forts or along the walls, and the Human defenders are allowed to control the amount of infected that can reach them staying inside the fort or creating choke points in certain areas which they are easily killed. Gran Colombian armed forces avoid any and all open engagement with the infected and essentially stick to shoring up defenses. The low amounts of infected allows this to happen while almost 50,000 troops are used to re-inforce the area. Various town militias are trained that sit outside the safe zones or defensive lines and this allows for the civilians to bolster troop defenses. Following this, the government deems it necessary to completely integrate Peru and begins the assault on their capital of Lima intent on seizing it. The plan is based on using existing troops in the country to begin simultaneous operations on the remaining non-supporters of Gran Colombian annexation. Lima, itself, is a large scale three-pronged attack using superior terrain and artillery to level defenses and seize Lima in its entirety to put their previously elected civilian leader back in power and to integrate Peru fully into Gran Colombia. (Algo complete). Peru Is taken in a landslide victory and unnecessary casualties are avoided wherever possible. The Gran Colombian forces have officially seized the capital and begin integration of Peru into Gran Colombia. The Gran Colombian government also continues its major push to bring about larger parts of the Oil industry. Along with this Gold extraction in Colombia reaches an all time high. British weapons are continually bought and the munitions for these are manufactured directly in the country. The Gran Colombian armed forces positions in Peru and Chile also present a more well defended front facing in towards Brazil and Bolivia hoping to avoid the huge Zombie infection coming from there.As a result of all our posturing, we decide to send Brazil a moderate amount of supplies to help them to at least hold on to their capital. The Serrano Doctrine is continually implemented in larger ways in which important areas such as the new industrial centers, major cities, and now even border towns previously outside the zones and defensive lines are now extended to include them. The Gran Colombian navy manages to crank out five more ironclads following the end of the year, and a few more auxiliary ships.
Denmark: Troops are surged to destroy the Wild Hunt. Repairs continue to be made.
Papal States Diplomacy: We send aid and the Paladins in place begin to work tirelessly to help rebuild and fight the Wild Hunt. We propose an alliance.
Qing Dynasty: Afterward, he begins modernization after being convinced by Li Hong Zhan, Zuo Zong Tang and Zheng Guo Fan. We begin to destroy the old arrows and swords and replace them with rifles. We begin construction of rifles in China and Tiangjing, Qingdao and Shanghai begins the construction of large amounts of ironclads. Science and technology are encouraged and we begin encouraging thought in the people. We establish more church schools and foreign influenced schools. Rifles are adopted to kill Jian shi more effectively. We begin to combat the rising monsters. The court sends a decree saying that all races of China are equal, which boosts Chinese morals. We successfully crush most Jiang shi and our armies are moving into Tibet to combat the dragons. We begin to smuggle rifles into Tibet and we start to build a large artillery that moves fast enough to kill dragons. We continue improving our economy As Emperor Tongzhi dies, his successor, Emperor Guanxu becomes the emperor. With powerful families trying to usurp him, he immediately set about consolidating his throne. To the people, he denounces the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom as a cult and promotes Roman Catholicism instead to combat Hong Tiang Fu's Abridged Christianity. He also make many political changes, including the introduction of large amounts of youth into the court as his own people. We show that we have slowly overcomed many of our challenges, including the killing of thousands of Jianshis and Shuiguis.
Papal States Diplomacy: We support the new Emperor and thank him for his support of Roman Catholicism. We construct HOPE's base in Wuhan, fortified and well stocked.
Papal States: Pope Hezakiah allows people of all races to be ordained, in light of how humanity must stand together. With no response from the Coptic Pope we fear the worst and send a well equipped scouting party to Egypt to assess the situation. The prayers of all the saints go with them.
Joseon: King Gojong announces his assumption of direct royal rule. Following this, Heungseon Daewongun retires and Queen Min gains complete control over the court. Meanwhile, the military is built up and asks China for an alliance. Taoist and Confucian Temples are built as well.
Austria: We strike whilst the Wild Hunt is weak. They are forced back, and Woden is driven away with cannon fire. They are not destroyed, but we hope they will learn to stay out of Austria.
The UK arrives in Scandinavia, aiding the population and destroying monsters in a last minute rescue from Copenhagen. We continue to expand the military and economy.
Ottoman Empire: We continue fighting off the demons that plague our country and borders. Our construction of a defensive fortification around the Cairo-Alexandria is almost complete. We begin building wall fortifications around our cities, towns and settlements.
The nation of Joseon remains relatively untouched as monsters are drawn to the much more heavily populated Japan and China.
American Forces reclaim some of the south after various battles but Zombie outbreaks have spread north to a degree.
The Monster attacks on the whole coast of Colombia. Ecuador and Panama commence with some monsters wanting retribution for their fallen.
Brazil's Zombie problem becomes even worse as the Capital falls. The Emperor manages to escape and is housed on a ship off the coast of the country.
Joseon: The military continues to be built up, and is put on high watch. King Gojong again asks China for an alliance. More Taoist and Confucian Temples are built.
- Qing D: We accept your alliance.
Gran Colombia: Gran Colombia finally finishes its year long integration of Peru relaxing some of its contraints on the Nation. The nation is also fully admitted economically into Gran Colombia and the Gold mines are reopened and expanded bringing in much new work for Peruvians. The monsters are still cleared for certain areas in Peru. Gran Colombian Forces also assailed along the Coast of the northern states strike back in full force using artillery, naval ships, and massed rifle fire to take on the monsters. While partially successful, almost 80,000 Civilians and 30,000 militiamen and soldiers are killed. and the monsters are driven back into the sea. While at great cost, the armed forces resecure the coast and begin large scale clean up and moderate repairs. The navy and its new ships are used to more heavily patrol the northern coast. Industry is more heavily improved as well increasing exponentially. Gran Colombian supplies are sent once more to Brazil and we regret to inform them that troops cannot be sent due to our own predicament. The population, regardless of the casualties, grows moderately reaching about 8.1 million. Gran Colombian Arms Manufacturers begin working on their own new rifle in an attempt to produce more rapid fire compared to previous rifles and weapons. The Nation with its Integration of Peru begins extending its Serrano Doctrine defenses down through Peru into Chile as well moderately almost clearing the budget of other projects in the process. This is done as a multi-faceted defence from monsters, Zombies, and even people if it calls for it. Gran Colombian forces officially add about 20,000 Peruvian military supporters which are used to help hold the country from various shoggoth attacks from the South. This along with 30,000 soldiers from other areas of Gran Colombia are used to their fullest extent. Peruvian troops are trained by Colombian generals.
Qing Dynasty: Afterward, he begins modernization after being convinced by Li Hong Zhan, Zuo Zong Tang and Zheng Guo Fan. We begin to destroy the old arrows and swords and replace them with rifles. We begin construction of rifles in China and Tiangjing, Qingdao and Shanghai begins the construction of large amounts of ironclads. Science and technology are encouraged and we begin encouraging thought in the people. We establish more church schools and foreign influenced schools. Rifles are adopted to kill Jianshi more effectively. We begin to combat the rising monsters. The court sends a decree saying that all races of China are equal, which boosts Chinese morals. We successfully crush most Jiangshi and our armies are moving into Tibet to combat the dragons. We begin to smuggle rifles into Tibet and we start to build a large artillery that moves fast enough to kill dragons. We continue improving our economy As Emperor Tongzhi dies, his successor, Emperor Guanxu becomes the emperor. With powerful families trying to usurp him, he immediately set to consolidate his throne. To the people, he denounces the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom as a cult and promotes Roman Catholicism instead to combat Hong Tiang Fu's Abridged Christianity. He also make many political changes, including the introduction of large amounts of youth into the court as his own people. We begin to destroy thousands of Jianshis and Shuiguis and we are having a project of giving a rifle to every household to defend themselves from Jianshis.
Please keep posting, people. Tell everyone you see to join/keep playing. Wikia was down during the turn update.
Papal States: Operations in Denmark continue. In China missionary work, with the permission of the Emperor, continues. We also begin to strike at Jianshis and Shuiguis. We await the return of the Egyptian Scout Force. Holy water is produced. Defences are upgraded. We once again propose an alliance with Denmark.
Netherlands: We begin the process of building armored trucks that have steel rams and spikes around them. They will be used to ram the monsters. Right now, we also begin throwing grenades and firing shotguns at the monsters. We start to build up walls to protect us, just like the Great Wall of China, but on a smaller scale. We ask if any country would like to work with us to fight monsters.
Qing Dynasty: Afterward, he begins modernization after being convinced by Li Hong Zhan, Zuo Zong Tang and Zheng Guo Fan. We begin to destroy the old arrows and swords and replace them with rifles. We begin construction of rifles in China and Tiangjing, Qingdao and Shanghai begins the construction of large amounts of ironclads. Science and technology are encouraged and we begin encouraging thought in the people. We establish more church schools and foreign influenced schools. Rifles are adopted to kill Jianshi more effectively. We begin to combat the rising monsters. The court sends a decree saying that all races of China are equal, which boosts Chinese morals. We successfully crush most Jiangshi and our armies are moving into Tibet to combat the dragons. We begin to smuggle rifles into Tibet and we start to build a large artillery that moves fast enough to kill dragons. We continue improving our economy. As Emperor Tongzhi dies, his successor, Emperor Guanxu becomes the emperor. With powerful families trying to usurp him, he immediately set about consolidating his throne. To the people, he denounces the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom as a cult and promotes Roman Catholicism instead to combat Hong Tiang Fu's Abridged Christianity. He also make many political changes, including the introduction of large amounts of youth into the court as his own people. We begin to destroy thousands of Jianshis and Shuiguis and we are having a project of giving a rifle to every household to defend themselves from Jianshis.
Gran Colombia: With the end to major monster attacks ending in a stalemate and territory held the affected areas are rebuilt with greater emphasis on defense. The population now including Peru continues to grow with government subsidies and the unaffected farmlands of various areas being used heavily to continue to make sure that ample food is available to the entire populace especially families that have been spurred to have more children. With Brazil becoming increasingly overrun and the situation on the continent looking even more grim by the week, the Nation starts to create redundancy plans in order to prevent the collapse of the nation entirely. A New Rifle is continually developed, but with resources being diverted to help with industrial programs, and shoring up the defenses it contineus slowly. With the nation beginning to more heavily expand the gold industry throughout the Gran Colombian states, especially Peru and Colombia, they are continually granted to help boost the global economy and the nations economy in general. The oil industry is also becoming more profitable as well with large scale drilling operations on a few areas reaching production value. Gran Colombia sends more supplies to Brazil. Gran Colombia continues to influence Bolivia sponsoring a federal party in their country.
Joseon: The military continues to be built up, and remains on high watch. More Taoist and Confucian Temples are built.
Greece: We continue to hold off on the Isthmus of Corinth, driving back monsters. Precentage of Hellenics continues to rise. As Athena and Apollo have pledged to protect us, we reclaim Athena's holy city of Athens from minotaurs. The Parthenon is rebuilt as its original purpose, a shrine-fort to Athena. The ports of Patras and Corinth are fortified, and the military continues to grow. We plan to send a detachment of troops to liberate Crete, and eventually, parts of Egypt.
The Brazilian military finally manages to halt the expansion of the outbreak in southern Brazil retaking small parts of their capital. However, with nearly 1.5 million people infected, the Brazilian military must use many of its already stretched resources to deal with the situation.
The Wild Hunt continues to regain strength and managed to relaunch attacks on Austria again coming back with a vengeance.
In China the Dragons of Tibet begin to pillage many areas of all the disparate areas of China.
The Joseon kingdom continues to rise in prominance as both Japan and China struggle to maintain integrity.
The Russian government suffers from attack by unknown monsters. However, large wolves are seen roaming the countryside along with Bears. They are strangely abnormally sized. Some believe they are survivors of King Lycan's host from England.
The UK plunges through the mainland, uniting the people under the hope of freedom from the monsters.
Joseon: The military continues to be built up, and remains on high watch. More Taoist and Confucian Temples are built. Some ships are built.
Denmark: The army continues to fortify. Many civilians form militias to aid the military. There are 836,000 citizens registered in the militias. The job assigned to the militia is to defend their hometowns and livelihood, freeing up the military to guard the borders. Stockpiled bolt action rifles are brought out and donated to them. The machine gun design is underway. A prototype is proposed for the coming years. 70 light cannons are built and are used as quick guns that are light as maneuvering guns. The fortification of the Prussia-Denmark border is completed.
- Papal States Diplomacy: We ask for an alliance and will pay to have 12 light cannon constructed for us if you are so willing.
Qing Dynasty: Afterward, he begins modernization after being convinced by Li Hong Zhan, Zuo Zong Tang and Zheng Guo Fan. We begin to destroy the old arrows and swords and replace them with rifles. We begin construction of rifles in China and Tiangjing, Qingdao and Shanghai begins the construction of large amounts of ironclads. Science and technology are encouraged and we begin encouraging thought in the people. We establish more church schools and foreign influenced schools. Rifles are adopted to kill Jianshi more effectively. We begin to combat the rising monsters. The court sends a decree saying that all races of China are equal, which boosts Chinese morals. We successfully crush most Jiangshi and our armies are moving into Tibet to combat the dragons. We begin to smuggle rifles into Tibet and we start to build a large artillery that moves fast enough to kill dragons. We continue improving our economy. As Emperor Tongzhi dies, his successor, Emperor Guanxu becomes the emperor. With powerful families trying to usurp him, he immediately set about consolidating his throne. To the people, he denounces the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom as a cult and promotes Roman Catholicism instead to combat Hong Tiang Fu's Abridged Christianity. He also make many political changes, including the introduction of large amounts of youth into the court as his own people. We continue battling the Dragons. We begin to destroy thousands of Jianshis and Shuiguis and we are having a project of giving a rifle to every household to defend themselves from Jianshis. We ask help from Joseon.
- Papal States Diplomacy: We ask for an alliance with the Qing.
Netherlands: We finish constructing the wall around our state and now it is finished. We station soldiers there, and we prepare our battering-ram styled trucks. We ask for an alliance with Denmark against the monsters. Build up civilian militias.
Papal States: Operations in China continue, with Paladins based in China managing to slay a dragon that threatened the Church in Wuhan, due to the gold and jewels to be found there. The Egyptian Scout Mission returns and delivers its report into the state of Egypt. Missionaries are sent to China. Operations in Denmark continue.
Greece: The liberation of Attica continues. Forces continue to be built up, and trade begins again.
The UK: Continues to expand the military and the economy via infrastructure. We also continue plunging through you, and thoroughly curse at Russia and America for abandoning this game.
Morocco: During the rule of Hassan I, our country begins to build its economy, military and growing cities up. Trade with other European nations begins.
==Me thinks it's dead.==