"Oh, East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,
Till Earth and Sky stand presently at God's great Judgment Seat;"
NOTICE: The game is on indefinite hold until there is more interest - Your friendly neighborhood mod, Nathan
- You register as an historical person (not as nation).
- When your person dies you can change him to another one who has not been taken by other players (keep in mind, that your successor can be taken, too).
- As you play a person your turn should be a description of your person's actions.
- Actions have to be realistic (for example Filip II August can't invent radio).
- Turn lasts 24 hours
Head mod - Nathan
West Europe Mod (France, England, Spain) -- Belial
Central Europe (Germany, Italy, Poland and Hungary) Mod -- Nathan
North Europe (Scandinavia, Baltic Coast and Rus') Mod -- ~AM
Near East and North Africa Mod -- Feud
Register as suggested person or another if you want. You can't register as a bold person without a mod's approval.
Sir. Torres Of France (General Of French Army) --
- Otto of Braunschweig(Duke of Braunschweig, King of Germany) -- Fires, The Centiqueer Beluga Whale (Respect my identity!)
- Philip of Swabia(Duke of Swabia, King of Germany) -- Prince Octavian , of Jerusalem, Sicily, and Swabia, and Duke of Amalfi.
- Louis 1 (Duke of Bavaria)--By the grace of God, Count of Maine, Forcalquier, Anjou, and Provence, Prince of Albania and his highness the Dauphin of France, Belial. 00:13, June 9, 2016 (UTC)
- Bernhard I of Ascania (Duke of Saxony, Duke of Anhalt)-- With Blood and Iron (talk) 23:39, June 5, 2016 (UTC)
- Ottokar I (King of Bohemia)-- The.Brick.Battle (talk) 19:50, June 21, 2016 (UTC)
- Simon II (Duke of Lorraine)--
- Hermann I (Langrave of Thuringia)--
- Arnold II (Count of Cleves)--
- Adolf I von Berg (Archbishop of Cologne)--
- Adolf VI (Count of Berg)--
- John I (Archbishop elector of Trier)--
- Henry I (Duke of Brabant)-- Epic
- Baldwin IX (Count of Flanders)--
- Theobald I (Count of Luxembourg and Bar)--
- Phillip I (Margrave of Namur)--
- Frederick I (Burgrave of Nuremberg)--
- Maurice (Count of Oldenburg)--
- Henry V (Count Palatine of the Rhine)--
- Herman V (Margrave of Baden-Baden and Verona)--
- Otto II(Margrave of Bradenburg)--
- Leopold (Duke of Austria, duke of Styria) -- Epic
- Frederick II(King of Sicily) -- NathanialPrice
- Innocent III (Pope of Rome) -- Hail Sean! (Get a free potato here)
19:05, June 11, 2016 (UTC)
- Enrico Dandolo (Doge of Venice)-- ~AM
- Thomas I (Count of Savoy)--
- Boniface I (Marquess of Montferrat)--
- Manfred II (Marquess of Saluzo)--
- Sancho I (King of Portugal) --
- Alfonso VIII (King of Castile) --
- Alfonso IX (King of Leon) --
- Pedro_II (King of Aragon) --
France and England
- Philip II(King of France) -- KawaiiKame (talk) 19:35, June 19, 2016 (UTC)
- Arthur I (Duke of Brittany, King of England) --His Imperial Majesty, Lord of the Sky and Stars, Ruler of Rome, Emperor Romanus
- Alfonso II (Count of Provence)--
- Odo III (Duke of Burgundy)--
- Raymond VI (Count of Toulouse)
- Theobald III (Count of Champagne)
- Canute VI (King of Denmark) -- Gamerstien
- Valdemar (Duke of Holstein) --
- Sverker II (King of Sweden) -- --Orange (→My wall!←) 02:29, June 26, 2016 (UTC)
- Haakon III (King of Norway)-You know, I'm Norwegian myself.
- Emeric() --
- Andrew II(King of Hungary, King of CroatiaDuke of Slavonia)
- Ivan II aka Kaloyan (Emperor of Bulgaria) --
- Theodore_I_Laskaris (Emperor of the Byzantine Empire)-
- Alexios III Angelos (Emperor of the Byzantine Empire)--Zamarak500 (talk) 03:14, June 5, 2016 (UTC)
- Ban Kulin of Bosnia - Shikata ga nai! 16:51, June 20, 2016 (UTC)
- Daniel (Prince of Galicia-Volinia) --
- Vsevolod Yur'evich (Grand prince of Vladimir) -- Triumph is at hand (talk)
- Rostislav (Grand prince or Kiev)--
- Vladimir Svyatoslavich (Prince of Novgorod) -- -Lx (leave me a message)
- Tamar (Queen of Georgia) -- Claus the Mighty (talk) 00:04, June 23, 2016 (UTC)
- Aimery (King of Jerusalem and Cyprus) --
- Muhammad al-Nashir (Caliph of Almohad)-- Bozistanball
- Suleiman II (Sultan of Rum) -- Nlenhardt
- Muhammad (Sultan of Egypt) -- Ethan.beckner
- Al-Adfal (Viceroy of Egypt) -- Nathan
- Konchak (Khan of Cumans) -- kaiserwilhelm3
The game has started
- Sultan Al-Adfal ibn Salah Al-Din Al-Ayyub: Military greatly improve, along with economy and infrastructure. Sultan Al-Mansur, being only eleven years old, is placed in custody in Cairo while the Viceroy Al-Adfal takes control of the nation. The population stands at 8.2 million. The military citadels of Aleppo, Damascus, and Damietta are strengthened, with complete new architectural designs drawn up for the fortresses under construction. The military is built up on high alert, prepared for any retaliation from the Franks since the end of the last Crusade. The military is composed of 30,000 men, including 5000 Sipar Cavalry, 5000 Lancers, 5000 Pikemen, 500 Elite foot soldiers, and 1000 Mamluke mercenaries. A Castle is constructed in Syria, and another one in Ascalon. A great number of mercenary ships are pooled together to make a tentative navy centered at Damietta, consisting of 25 Galleys and five frigates. The madrassah schools are spread throughout the nation, as the children of local Emirs and Beys are educated in the latest art and science. Various schools of Sunni Islam are seen throughout the nation, taught in the local schools of Aleppo, Fayyum and Alexandria. A council of scholars from all Sunni branches are sent to Damascus to advice Al-Adfal. Shia Islam is completely purged from the nation. The Viceroy Al-Adfal declares that he will prolong eternal jihad against the Ahl Al-Kitab, until they are no longer a threat to the Umma of the Believers. The Coptic Christians are not openly persecuted, but the jizya tax is greatly enforced as a way of subverting any sedition from them. A military truce is offered to Byzantium. A mutual alliance is offered to Almohad and Rum. Al-Adfal's brother Al-Adil leads an army of 10,000 Sipars and 2000 Soldiers to conquer the Sultanate of Yemen to the south.
- Byzantine Diplomacy: The Byzantine emissary, Romanos Christopoulos, say that the Basileus will accept at the condition that Egypt doesn't ally with Rum.
- Ayyubid Dip: Al-Afdal scoffs at this indignity, and replies that he would rather withdraw his offer of peace than let the Romans order him around
- Rum Diplomacy: The Ruman diplomat, Muhammed Otto Turk, says that the sultan accepts the alliance offer.
- Al Aundulas Dip: We accept the alliance offer.
- Byzantine Diplomacy: The Byzantine emissary, Romanos Christopoulos, say that the Basileus will accept at the condition that Egypt doesn't ally with Rum.
- Sverre Sigurdsson: Swerre works on fielding the most massive army our Kingdom has seen, but our intentions remain entirely secret. We aim to mobilize 40,000 men, and our economy and Infrastructure improve. Chuchs open up all across the nation, and we are working to purge our nation of the pagans. Taxes are heavy for this still secret military campaign underway.
- The peasants begin an uprising at the high taxes in the Kingdom. The treasury is depleted from the mobilizing of 40,000 men.
- We respond to the threat by mobilizing all loyal forces to confront the peasant army to avoid a siege of Trondheim. We quickly knight many men and station them in our capital.
- Alexios III Angelos: An attempt to overthrow from John Komnenos (nicknamed The Fat) and Alexios Doukas failed to overthrow Alexios III, who in his rage execute all conspirators. Following the events, the Basileus reaffirm that his heir is will be his son-in-law, Alexios Palaiologos. A new wave of conscription is held in the Balkans, and the Basileus send his son-in-law Theodore Laskaris to reorganize the military in the region.
A secret letter is sent to the Tsar of Bulgaria, proposing him to split the Serbian region between themselves in the event of a successful joint invasion.
- Venetian Secret Diplomacy: We offer naval help if we are offered parts of Dalmatia.
- Byzantine Dip: The Basileus coldly refuse, citing "the need for Constantinople to evolve away from the influence of the Italian Republics".
- Galicia–Volhynia-Kievan Principality Dip: A mutual alliance is offered to the Byzantine Empire, since we are both Orthodox believers and we should safeguard our faith, while Roman Mstislavovich asks to marry a relative of Emperor Alexios III Angelos.
- Byzantine Dip: Alexios III accept the alliance. He also agree to marry his daughter Eudokia Angelina to Roman, at the condition that he name the first son born of the marriage Alexei (the Russian equivalent of Alexios). He also offer that the Ecumenical Patriarch Crown Roman Grand Prince of Kiev and Megadux of Rus' in order to help his legitimacy (with the benediction of the Basileus, of course).
- Roman Mstislavovich accepts the Byzantine condition sealing te alliance. Roman Mstislavovich is crowned by the Eucumenical Patriarch crown Roman Grand Prince of Kiev and Megadux of Rus' and thanks Emperor Alexios III.
- Venetian Secret Diplomacy: We offer naval help if we are offered parts of Dalmatia.
- Leopold: Leopold upgrades Austria's military. (Secret) In order to expand our influence we plan a takeover of the Bavarias and Bohemia.(end Secret).An internal coup the Dukes of Milan is planned.Leopold sends spies to discover this.
- A spy is uncovered by the Doge of Milan, alerting his suspicion of Austria
- Sverker II: We build up our military on a great scale. (SECRET) We propose to Norway to partition Finland in the event of a successful joint invasion. (SECRET END) We send forces, missionaries, settlers into northern lands to claim the land, and erase any pagan beliefs in those regions, spreading Christianity to these lands.
- Norwegian Secret Diplomacy: We accept your proposal. We hope to improve ties with your nation.
- The Finns and Laps retaliate by the ambush and plundering of Swedish settlements, and the murder of missionaries, settlers and troops there. Raids in Satakunta by Finns have become increasingly common. Due to huge expenditure on military, the Swedish economy is crippled.
Byzantine Secret Diplomacy: The Basileus offer to pay the Swedish armies to fight as mercenaries for Prince Roman of Galicia-Volinia in his war against Kiev. Swedish Secret Diplomacy: We agree to the Byzantine proposal. As a result, training and shipbuilding increases.
- This ain't happening, too much reeking. Mercs only from nearby. Sweden is not nearby for Galicia. ~AM
- AM you know that the Swedes/Vikings actually created the Kievan Rus' like 400 years ago??? So your whole crossing is biased and serves specific interests, since the Swedes mercs can easily navigate the rivers into Galicia-Volinia-Kiev. ~Wrto12
- Not happening when both Byzantium has not the means to pay for it, and the Swedes have other more important issues. ~AM
- Louis: Louis upgrades and expands our military. Start Secret We offer an alliance to Phillip in order to weaken Welf influence end Secret. We begin to influence Austria and neighboring states to expand Wittensbach influence. At home, infrastructure is improved and roads are built connecting the duchy. Louis looks for a bride to marry. We begin to use our vassals to project Louis' influence and create power for Bavaria. We ask for a trade deal with Venice
- Phillip: Accepts.
- Suleiman II: We build up our army to an achievable, but nonetheless, great scale as we are surrounded by the enemy. We ask the caliph for a mutual alliance. We begin to influence in Little Armenia. We begin looking for potential claims in Little Armenia.
- Bernhard of Saxony: Efforts to consolidate his control over Saxony continue after the dethroning of Henry the lion. Bernhard swears allegiance to the House of Hohenstaufen the present dynasty in power of the throne of Germany.His wife produces a daughter making her the third child of the duke. Efforts to improve relations with the local lords and to improve agricultural output begin along with improving the levying system in place. trade deals are offered to Denmark and to the Poles along with the other German Princes.
- The minor duchies of Saxony all show their devotion to Bernhard. Poland agrees to very limited trade overland.
- Muhammad al-Nashir (Caliph of Almohad): The state begins to work on on an army recruiting mostly poor farmers from Spain and some from Morocco. We send a peace pact for seven years to Leon, Castille, Portulaca, and Aragon. At the city of Málaga the navy begins to ramp up productions of warships mostly having prisoners work on the ships. The Caliph sends an envoy to Leon in hope of fixing relationships by sending a new sword and a bow and arrow along with food from Africa.
- Phillip II: The year is 1200 Anno Domini, the 1200th year of our Lord. This year also marks the 20th year of the reign of Phillip II, who declares himself King of France, which coincides with the turning of a new year and the dawn of the new century. The King is of the conviction he has the power and ability to shape history for the better, and makes it his personal goal and ambition to not only restore France back to its former glory, but also to make France the greatest, most prosperous, and most powerful state in all of Europe and Christendom by establishing Heaven on Earth. Phillip II begins this transformation of France with the transformation of himself by repenting of all of his sins, reconciling with God. The King also makes formal attempts of boosting relations with Pope Innocent III as well as continuing to maintain excellent relations with the French clergy by allowing them to elect bishops in various cantons. While doing all of this, in Paris, Phillip II reads the Gospels and tries to follow and implement the teachings of Jesus and he also makes plans to make France the greatest European nation. The King eventually concludes that for France to obtain this greatness on two fronts, domestic and foreign. Domestically, King Phillip II reasons that France is only truly strong when it is centralized, and that the central seat of power resides where the King lives, the capital city of Paris. If the King is strong, Paris is strong, and if Paris is strong France too is strong. For this reason, King Phillip focuses on the build up of Paris, ordering the construction of a giant wall around the city to defend it from outside threats. The King also charters the University of Paris, allowing for many French citizens the ability to get and advance their education, inviting many teachers, scholars, and scientists to Paris to help teach there. In addition to this, the King promotes the establishment of monasteries across the nation. In Paris, King Phillip II makes major reforms to the French government, only allowing the best administrators and advisors to his court, greatly increasing the efficiency of the French government and truly makes the seat of power in Paris. In addition to all of this, the King establishes a grand central market in the centre of the city and continues to centralize his control over the French treasury. After reading the Gospels, Phillip II comes to the realization that Jesus teaches to help with the common people, and he continues to sympathize with them. For this reason, Phillip II lifts the burdens of the common people by lifting the restrictions the nobility imposed on them, freeing the towns of seigniorial authority. In particular the King grants privileges and liberties to the rising bourgeoisie and merchants, allowing for greater economic prosperity. While this makes the nobles unhappy they don’t dare rebel against the King, for the central power comes from the King and Paris, and if one angers the King they lose the opportunity to secure and advance their power. The King also makes reforms to rural areas, and makes expert farmers in charge of rural regions so food can be more plentiful. Phillip II also recognizes and incorporates rural areas into towns, giving them the freedoms that the old towns recently enjoyed. The King also makes financial reforms in order to stabilize the French government’s finances so it is more effectively spent on achieving the ambitions of the French King. These policies the King implements transform France from a decentralized Feudal state into a centralized nation state. Meanwhile, on the foreign front the main foreign policy objective of King Phillip is to regain the former French lands of the Duchy of Normandy, Duchy of Aquitaine, Maine, Touraine and the County of Anjou. King Phillip II is of the conviction that now is the perfect moment to regain these territories by war for the death of Richard of Lionheart has brought political instability between King John and Duke Arthur of Brittany. King Phillip recognizes Arthur as the rightful King of England and funds rebellious Nobles in Normandy and Aquitaine against King John and prepares a large invasion of Normandy and calls up 250 knights, 250 horse sergeants, 100 mounted crossbowmen, 133 crossbowmen on foot, 2000 foot sergeants, and 300 mercenaries. We offer an ultimatum to King John, however, we shall not go to war against England and recognize John as the legitimate King of England under the condition that the Kingdom of England cedes the Duchy of Normandy, Duchy of Aquitaine, the Duchy of Brittany, Maine, Touraine, and the County of Anjou to the Kingdom of France.
- King Arthur 1st' Emissary: We remind King Phillip that he is in no position to offer an ultimatum, especially of such scale (OTL demands were no way near as large, and that preceded a costly war. The Angevin Empire was weakened by John's leadership: statistically speaking it was much greater than France.) The Angevin Empire is twice the size of France, and ties with the French Duchies are stronger than ever after the ascent of the Duke of Brittany to the Angevin throne.
- Phillip II's Emissary: In light of the ascension of King Arthur I, we revise our former demands to more reasonable terms, we only request the Duchy of Normandy to be ceded to France to ensure peace.
- King Arthur 1st' Emissary: King Phillip has been a loyal friend to Arthur in the past, so the King is eager to ensure relations are kept in a good condition. The King sends a cherished champion fledged Peregrine Falcon from his personal collection, worth two whole English pounds of silver (almost a kilogram of silver), along with a dozen of his Royal greyhounds (each worth over 150d, almost £3000 in today's pound sterling), and 100 oz of fine silks as a gesture of goodwill. The request for the Duchy of Normandy is gently denied, but the King does offer to open a trade route between the French provinces of Toulouse and Burgundy, as they are separated by the Angevin realm, and this would be very prosperous and much more efficient for France.
- Rurik Rostislavich: As the rightful ruler of the Kievan Rus' and a member of the Rurik dynasty we ask the other princes and Grand princes to support us in our war against Roman Mstislavich a vile usurper that wants to ruin our traditions and customs and bring instability to our great realm. Rurik Rostislavich employ a Cuman army/mercenaries of 20, horsemen with direct orders not to loot or commit any kind of atrocities against the common people (except the merchants) or they will be punished(By death). However, they can loot our enemies troops and supporters. Rurik Rostislavich also employs Baltic mercenaries (Finns, Lets, Lithuanians, Prussians, Estonians ...) a force composed of 30,000 footmen and 20,000 archers. We also hire 5000 Volga Bulgars that are on their way here. Rurik Rostislavich also raises 5000 footman and 5000 archers from Kiev principality. Rurik Rostislavich gathers his army and begins a march against Galicia-Volhynia planning to capture its main cities. Rurik Rostislavich begins to fortify his capital Belgorod Kievsky building bigger and stronger walls and a medium sized moat. We ask the Poles to assist as in our war against Roman Mstislavich. We offer an ultimatum to Roman Mstislavich (Rurik Rostislavich son-in-law), we shall not go to war against him and recognize his authority over Vladimir-in-Volhynia, under the condition that he will recognize our authority over Halych and accept Rurik Rostislavich as his rightful king for the good of the realm. (P.S. I wanna be realistic but I am not so familiar with this era, so please go ahead and fix my errors, for example if I put an enormous number of troops and that needs to be reduced, reduce my troops to the maximum that is allowed by plausibility, also PM me on chat to discuss some things.)
- Roman rejects offer.
- As it's impossible for little principality to pay 90,000 Army and Cumans were not allowed ti loot cities. Cumans and Baltic mercenaries rebel and leave Rurik. Cumans go back across Kievan area and loot everything.
- Roman Mstislavovich go to Kiev and conquer it. He appointed a new prince Ingvar Yaroslavich. Also he besieged Belgorod and send to Rurik ultimatum (he must give up the title of Prince of Kiev)
- Rurik Rostislavich's 5000 hired Volga Bulgars horsemen arrive to help him, which he promises to loot Kiev, any other city they want and give them vast riches and heads in battle with his 5000 (2500 footman and 2500 archers) troops to meet Roman Mstislavich wanting to die in battle just like every warrior should. As soon as the battle starts he confronts Roman Mstislavich and attacks him or die trying.
- Volga Bulgars arrive to Kiev and loot the city and then go home and at the same time Rurik was killed in battle.
- Roman Mstislavovich: Roman Mstislavovich declares Ingvar Yaroslavich unfit to rule Kiev and deposes him with the support of the people of Kiev. His 10,000 troops (Mods, please adjust it to the ones left after the battle against the Volga Bulgars) take control of the Kievan principality and incorporate Kiev into the Galicia–Volhynia principality remaming it Galicia–Volhynia-Kiev principality. He also makes Belgorod Kievsky his seat of power and improves it fortifications, building bigger,larger and stronger walls, using better materials. His army is on alert. He asks the other princes and grand princes to make a campaign against the Cumans and the Volga Bulgars to avenge the looting and sacking of Kiev and the nearby areas. Roman Mstislavovich raises another 10,000 troops from his domain. Roman Mstislavovich asks Vsevolod III Yuryevich for an alliance promising him to help him take over the Volga Bulgars as a way to avenge the people of Kiev for the Volga Bulgar sacking of Kiev. Roman Mstislavovich prepares his army of 10,000 troops expecting aggressive actions from the rest of the Kievan Rus' princes, stationing his army near the borders and waiting for a war declaration, to go siege Chernigov.
- Vladimir Diplomacy: We are outraged at the annexation of Kiev and declare war upon Roman Mstislavovich. We ask the other Rus' states to join us
- Chernigov Diplomacy: We are outraged at the threat from Roman, and ally with Vladimir to liberate Kiev. We ask to put our line of the Ruriks back in power in Kiev.
- Ryazan Diplomacy: We declare war on Roman and ally with Vladimir.
- Smolensk Diplomacy: We declare war on Roman and ally with Vladimir.
- Polotsk Diplomacy: We declare war on Roman and ally with Vladimir.
- Pereyaslav Diplomacy: We declare war on Roman and ally with Vladimir.
- Byzantine Dip: Basileus Alexios III declare that Roman Mstislavovich's annexation of Kiev was in his rights, and the Basileus support the claim of his new son-in-law.
- Galicia–Volhynia-Kiev principality: Roman Mstislavovich marches with the full might of our army 12,000 troops hiring 5000 Poles, Hungarian, Nomad/Horsemen,
Kipchaks, Georgian, Finnish, Crimean, Azeri, Bulgarian and Serbian/Raskan/Zetan/Bosnian, Byzantine mercenaries, that are free to loot as much as they want and go to Chernigov and siege the city, while fortifying our camp shall reinforcements arrive to help them. Roman Mstislavovich then attempts to storm the castle using ladders and his bowman to throw arrows with fire on the walls to cover his footman climbing the ladders.
- No Kipchaks and Finns for you. ~AM
- Galicia–Volhynia-Kiev principality: Roman Mstislavovich marches with the full might of our army 12,000 troops hiring 5000 Poles, Hungarian, Nomad/Horsemen,
- Vladimir Diplomacy: We are outraged at the annexation of Kiev and declare war upon Roman Mstislavovich. We ask the other Rus' states to join us
- Enrico Dandolo: We start expanding economic ventures into the European states, striving for the exclusion of Pisa. We begin preaching for a new crusade in Anatolia against the Turkish states throughout the ports of the Mediterranean, and even as far as Scandinavia. We offer Serbia an alliance. We begin funding the coming crusade.
- Ban Kulic of Bosnia: Offers Venice a trade deal and alliance; he further suggests that Venice aid Bosnia in its war with Hungary, offering in return much of Hungary's coast.
- Enrico Dandolo: Agrees and begins raising the army, as well as recruiting Italian, Austrian and Serbian mercenaries, bringing the troop number to 10,000. We attack Hungary's coast at Fiume and declare war for attacking without reason.
- Kaloyan Asen: With the powerhouse Bulgarian army under his command Emperor Kaloyan finishes out his siege in in Moesia officially evicting the Byzantines from the entirety of Bulgaria and beginning to consolidate his gains. With a tentative offer on the table to the Byzantines about peace as well as allying to split the entire Serbian region, the Bulgars hold off on marching into Byzantine territory but the preparations are made nonetheless. With a marshalled force of nearly 30,000 (historic numbers around the times put it at 40,000) the Bulgarian Royal army has made camp on the predication of potentially retaking Thrace for Bulgaria as well. With the offer on the table Kaloyan backs off and leaves Ivan Asen II in control of the royal army as he takes a force of 10,000 to the northern border with the Cumans to prevent any major raiding by rogue elements. While Bulgaria is small it is a potent state and maintains one of the most well developed economies in the east being able to fund and raise large armies on par with the Byzantines, as well as fund even campaigns against them as well. Under the impression of needing to facilitate quicker movement Kaloyan agrees to fund the expansion of the road system in Bulgaria. In a tragic skirmish with Byzantine forces Boril Asen of Bulgaria is killed by a lance. With new developments Kaloyan deploys 25,000 troops strategically in the western areas of Bulgaria while marching 15,000 into Byzantine greece exploiting the lack of an existing armed force (which was previously destroyed in its invasion into Bulgaria) seizing Thrace, Thrake and pushing into Central Macedon keeping a small blocking force to prevent the Constantinople garrison from trying anything. Kaloyan Asen requests his father-in-law of the Cuman horde (Kaloyan was married to the daughter of the leader of the horde) to assist in the fight against Hungary and Byzantium pledging a good chunk of loot in exchange. Bulgaria also requests Venetian assistance citing the insanity of the Byzantine Monarch is dividing Christianity in the face of mass Muslim aggression that will eventually cross the Bosporus and that at least one strong and centralized state must be in the Balkans to stem the tide.
- Konchak accepts.
- Enrico Dandolo: Supports the venture monetarily.
- Emeric: We raise the whole Hungarian army of 30,000 troops strong. Given the fact that Bulgaria unprovokedly attacked the Byzantine Empire, feeling threatened by Bulgaria and their rise of power, we declare war on Bulgaria and assemble the army invade them in the western part of their realm. We ask the Byzantine Empire for an alliance.
- Byzantine Dip: The Basileus rejoice of the alliance with Hungary. The alliance is formalized by Alexios III's son-in-law, Theodore Laskaris.
- Kulin, Ban of Bosnia, seeing Hungary at war against Bulgaria, seizes the opportunity to gain vengeance on the Hungarians, who have brutally repressed his people in a series of Crusades against the Patarene Church (a sect closer to the Bogomils than Catholicism, believing in reincarnation). He rejects Hungarian suzerainty and calls his own Crusade, summoning the Bosnian lords to war; leading an army of 3000 men, he launches an offensive into Hungary, now denuded of troops due to its ongoing war. Wreaking vengeance for Hungarian invasions of Bosnia, the countryside is laid waste as the Bosnians advance into Croatia. Kulic proposes an alliance to Andrew, brother of Emeric and sub-ruler of Croatia (who revolted against him OTL), suggesting they join forces to place Andrew on the Hungarian throne. (Mod Response)
- Bulgar Dip: Seeing as the Hungarians have deemed it necessary to take the fight to us, the Bulgarians offer to join the Bosnians in their fight in Hungary if it comes to blows as such.
- Emeric responds by offering his brother Andrew, the title of the kingdom of Bosnia shall he helps him defeat them. Emeric gives his most loyal Hungarian lieutenant a force of 5000 troops and orders him to crush the Bosnians heretic rebels, while also asking the pope for help to crush the heretics rebels, informing the pope of the threat they pose to our Catholic nation. (MOD RESPONSE)
- Pope Innocentius III: Facing the conflict in the Balkan region, Pope Innocentius stands before a choice, to support either Bulgaria or the Byzantines. Seeing Bulgaria as more fit to deal with the Muslim threat, Pope Innocentius orders Emeric to stand down and end his war with Bulgaria. The pope also orders Enrico Dandolo and Kulin to end their attacks on Hungary, provided that Hungary ceases their support of Byzantium.
- Angevin Emissary: King Arthur 1st is beginning construction of the new Westminster Abbey. In honour of the esteemed papacy, a shrine will be dedicated to the pope, called the Shrine of the Honourable Innocentius in the Light of Our Lord
- Enrico Dandolo agrees.
- Emeric is questioning the sanity of the pope and his devotion to the church, by helping Heretics over a Catholic nation/thus betraying a Catholic nation, while he adamantly refuses to betray his ally the Byzantine Empire, thus helping the Muslims to swarm the Byzantine territories in Anatolya that hundreds of our Christian brothers live, if the church is ever to mend the schism, while also being irritated that the pope wants him to give up his territories of Bosnia to Heretics. Thus he continues his military campaigns with renewed strength. Our best assassins are send to assassinate the pope, believing that his loyalties now lay with heretics and Muslims. Emeric also asks the support of Genoa against his enemy/rival Venice. (MOD RESPONSE)
- RNG for Assassination of Pope Innocent III:
- 1-25: Assassination fails as assassin is caught.
- 26-50: Pope Innocent III, is lightly injured, another RNG regarding his survival.
- 51-75: Pope Innocent III is severely injured, another RNG for his survival.
- 76-100: Pope Innocent III is poisoned.
- Result of the RNG: 16, pope escapes unharmed.
- RNG for Assassination of Pope Innocent III:
- Byzantine Diplomacy: A delegation from Alexios III ask the pope to stop supporting Bulgaria. He point out that they are not of the same Church, and that if the pope's objective is to deal with Muslims, then Byzance survival and control over the region is necessary, as Constantinople is "The Gate to Europe".
- Kulic of Bosnia: Offers to enter full communion with the Catholic church if they are allowed to retain their autonomy and traditions under their own Patriarch; he sends substantial donations of gold to ease the pope's acceptance and notes that Emeric's attacks on the pope necessitate excommunication by all the rules of the Church.
- Pope Innocentius accepts Kulic's offer. Meanwhile, the pope EXCOMUNNICATES Emeric of Hungary, as he has betrayed the church and turned down our order. Kulic of Bosnia and Enrico Dandolo of Venice are encouraged to attack Hungary.
- King Arthur 1st: On the 1st January, 1200, King John of England is killed in a tragic jousting accident with a French Knight. In the aftermath, the Barons of England and Angevin France are called to Windsor Castle, in the South of England to witness the coronation of the new King of England, Arthur 1st, Duke of Brittany. In the death of John, the heir by Norman tradition, there is no alternative, as no child was ever sired by His Majesty, and so the lords of the Angevin Empire are unanimous in their support for the new King. Previous animosity from before the reign of John is abandoned, as this was due to the dispute over whether to use Angevin or Norman traditions for the selection of an heir, which thanks to the termination of the Norman line to the throne no longer bodes an issue. Arthur is popular in the French part of the Empire, and tours the nation of England in a 60-day celebration of his crowning. With him travel a convoy of food wagons, distributing bread, mead and fruit to the people. His first act is to abandon the unpopular and cruel economic policies of John, instead selling huge charters for new settlements to raise funds, such as that for the new town of Liverpool. Taxation on the Jewish people is also increased, as they depend almost entirely on the King for protection from the masses. The silver boom continues, now uninhibited by John’s reckless spending, causing significant growth, as the wool trade soars. A particular interest in the purchasing of elaborate crucifixes made from precious metals and decorated by various pearls and jewels, engraved with bible quotes, to display wealth and faith, causes the nobility to spend thousands of pounds of silver purchasing the materials and services of craftsmen. The new King imposes a heavier tax on the purchase of gold as a result, only increasing demand as the value increases and so does the desired imagery of wealth with such an item. The 20% taxation raised from this is somewhat extreme, since higher taxes only increase demand for the good among those who can afford it, with the extravagantly rich such as the wealthy wool merchant Thomas Fairs, the new head of England’s largest mercantile empire and a fierce supporter of King Arthur, spending over a hundred English pounds on a single crucifix (around £500,000 worth of silver in modern day terms, but much more in relative cost of living), raising 20 pounds alone in taxes. Money from this new tax is used firstly for the construction of a huge 20-foot bronze coated, stone crucifix in honour of God in the City of London, which quickly becomes a site of pilgrimage for religious pilgrims across Europe. The offerings box at its foot is placed under heavy guard, due to the huge sums offered to the adjoining St Peter’s Abbey, which are used to begin the construction of Westminster Abbey on the opposite side of the crucifix. The money is also initially used to feed and clothe the poor in the area, with the Illustrious Charity of Christ and the Sufferers founded by benevolent nobles to continue this work. Taxes are also used to begin the fortification of the border with France. As an incentive for aid, rich landowners favourable to the King, but not yet amongst the peerage, are invited to build forts along the border, which are to be ‘permanently lease to their nation’ in return for localised peerage. The King’s favourite, Thomas Fairs, begins collaborative construction of a large castle a few leagues back from the border, and in return is awarded with the newly established title of ‘Defender of the People’ along with a Barony over the area next to the fort. Vast construction works in the City of London and on the new land charters cause an economic ripple effect, with King Arthur declaring his desire for London “to be the city of light, foremost in its design, appearance and might”. In response to French threats, the King calls upon the famed English long bowman, with around 5000 of them flocking to the border, alongside 700 Royal Household Knights, 1000 crossbowmen, and 15,000 foot soldiers. The Royal Cavalry is established, a force of 1200 horse owners from the common masses, loyal to the King and higher paid than foot soldiers by a large degree. The tax on the Jews is used entirely to secure the costly support of the mercenary forces of the Swiss Cantons should a conflict break out.
- Otto IV: Crowned King of the Romans only two years prior, Otto has already proved an effective leader. Most recently, he has begun to centralize Germany under his rule as much as possible. The main tenant of this plan is too create one centralized Germanic military, though so far there has been little progress on this front. In order to start building said Germanic army, Otto starts building up a small personal army of about 4500 troops. Well this is nowhere near the eventual scale he want sto army to reach, he hopes it will serve as a starting point to develop as Germany becomes more centralized. However, in order to solidify his rule, and achieve the needed centralization for his goals, Otto IV asks Pope Innocent III to recognize him as the legitimate King of Germany, and thus remove any claim Phillip of Swabia has to the Throne. Otto believes this ruling would bring prosperity to the region, under his effective leadership. With the excommunication of Hungary, Otto gathers an army of 50,000 men, intending to invade the region. He asks for Pope Innocent's permission to do so, and declare he will invade as soon as permission is obtained.
- Pope Innocentius III declares that Otto IV is the one true King of Germany, and gives him his blessing. He also approves of his invasion of Hungary, and gives his blessing to the invasion.
- Saxon Emissary: Bernhard while loyal to the crown requests that Otto respect the local autonomy of the duchies enshrined by prior agreements.
- Otto: Agrees to the request upholding most local autonomy.
- Phillip of Swabia: Phillip begins raising an army. Phillip invades the Welf land and requests help from all the Haustrafen allies and the members of the HRE who would like to avoid centralization to help. He births himself a son which he names Phillip.
- Saxon Emissary: fearing Otto's efforts to centralize power chooses to support Phillip due to the previous alliance between his father Albert the Bear and the Hohenstaufen family. Also out of fear of Otto having a claim to Saxony..
The Iberian kings don't accept peace with the Muslims.
Because Otto IV trying to centralize the Holy Roman Empire, many of his supporters are moving to Phillip (Henry V, Count Palatine of the Rhine; Henry I, Duke of Brabant; Ottokar I of Bohemia and even the Archbishop of Cologne)
Andrew took army against his brother Emeric and asks Pope recognize him King of Hungary.
While Roman besieged and took over Chernigov, the coalition led by Vladimir divided it's army. A smaller part of the army went to the unprotected Kiev and conquered it, r-eestablishing the Principality of Kiev. The second part built a camp near Chernigov and besieged the city.
Byzantium continued to suffer defeat by the Bulgarians. Bosnian troops were defeated in the decisive battle.
- Alexios III: The Basileus, seeing how the war went in the north, ordered his son-in-law, Theodore Laskaris, to personaly lead the Byzantine troops in the north, including the newly recruited troops from last year conscription. To join them will be the garrisons of southern Greece (Athenes, Archaia) lead by the governor Leo Sgouros, who is promised the rank of Megadux if his troops were to offer a victory to Alexios III against the Bulgarians. Until the arrival of Sgouros, Laskaris is ordered to create a defense line and tried to wait for reinforcements before engaging the enemy. On advices of Alexios Palaiologos, his heir, the Basileus order Michael Stryphnos, his commander of navy, to lead a smaller force in the Black Sea to attack the Bulgarian coats. Among troops sent with Stryphnos are most of the Varangian Guards, fighting for the first time on open field since Alexios III's coup. To the young Protasekretis Romanos Christopoulos, Alexios III would say, laughting, that Kaloyan is like Simeon. "Centuries ago, Simeon fought the Magyar and Byzantine on two fronts, and was forced to call for a peace with Leo VI. Today, Kaloyan faced both me and Emeric. This new Bulgarian Kingdom make the same mistakes as the previous one ..."
- LOL at this, Bulgaria historically fought both in ATL ALONE. You're facing off against Venice, the emperor of the HRE and the pope. Good luck, my good sir. I salute your bravery. -Feud
- OOC (Zamarak): From what I read, Alexios III was an arrogant imbecile (AKA 4th Crusade). And for the pope and HRE, they are technically against Hungary, so if I play it right I can slip out of it. After all, none of them talked about attacking me. And it could be worst (No, seriously, it could).
- OOC (AM): I am going against you as soon as Hungary is over, Zamarak. I am already putting money against you.
- OOC (Zamarak): Still could be worse. But if you are all planning to gang bang me to death, could you at least do it faster? Because I'm so not dying that I almost have hope right now.
- OOC (Feud): Kinda am, your military is not veteran and low to say the least. Your navy has to contend with Venice so you can't really afford to invade my coast, and OTL the Hungarians and Byzantines got absolutely ROFL stomped by Bulgaria this go round.
- OOC (Zamarak): Well, if I'm that much fucked, can I ask this: How many turns until the death blow?
- Sverker II of Sweden: Our military continues to build up. (SECRET) We send our navy to patrol the Finnish parts of the Batlic Sea, and transport troops to our territorial holdings in Finland. We call to Norway to begin transporting troops to the Swedish strip of land in Finland as well. (SECRET END)
The king sends a letter requesting a personal union with Prussia, warning them that larger powers may put the Prussians at risk.(MOD RESPONSE REQUIRED) We continue to send settlers and missionaries north to expand, wiping out pagan heresy in these northern regions.
- The Prussians are Baltic tribes, pagan btw. There is no Prussia yet, just the Prussian tribes. Also, your economy has large issues: Too much military spending. You can do it, bu your economy suffers from it. ~AM
- Norweigian Secret Diplomacy: We send our available forces, as many are stationed in the city to prepare to a peasant siege. We are otherwise ignoring the revolt, and we are sending the largest force possible.
In case of a Peasant victory, we will set up a Government in exile in Finland.
- Sverre Sigurdsson: Although we will fulfil our deal with Sweden, Sverre Sigurdsson is having a horrible spiritual problem, and is leaving God, as the Catholic Church has failed to help him crush this revolt. There was a coup attempt. However, the conspirators were found and executed. There are riots in the capital full of angry citizens enraged by the fact that Sverre has abandoned God, but he remains secluded. Knights that have pledged loyalty are remaining loyal, but it seems that this once peasant revolt has turned into full blown civil war.
- Sverre Sigurdson is deposed and killed by a coup led by Sverre's son, Haakon. He is crowned Haakon III in Nidaros and stops the civil war, disbanding the army and recalling all troops.
- Louis I: We continue to influence neighboring states including Austria. Secret We continue to upgrade our military and expand our armies. We begin to look to the south for more vassals Secret End. Louis I asks for the support (allegiance) of the Dukes of Bavaria to defend their privilege from Otto Mod Response. Louis begins looking for a wife to bear children with and asks among the major houses of Europe. Seeing as his prestige needs protecting Louis Wittensbach begins a grand building program in Regensburg the capital. Throughout the capital roads and merchant shops are built to increase trade and wealth of Bavaria. In Regensburg a university is being built for nobles of high German birth to attend. In order to satisfy his populace, however, Louis realizes the nobles are nothing if the peasantry support him. He begins a tax esque system where surplus food can be sold to the government for storage in case of a famine and begins to start a tax system in place of Tributuary by vassals. We lend our support to Phillip and help attack welf lands.
- Vassals support Louis
- Suleiman II: We raise levees to a safe maximum of 20,000 troops. We attack the Romans with a small army of 1500 to test their defenses in territory near ours. We send the Sultan of Egypt a present, my best cow and a new sword. We begin a very very small crop subsidation program to see if paying farms for losses will help them do better. We prepare our surplus storage of food in the event that famine strikes us.
- Roman Mstislavovich: The Megadux of Rus' orders the sacking of the city of Chernigov as soon as he takes over. Around 10% of the city citizens are killed, the ones killed being the supporters of the former Prince of Chernigov Igor Svyatoslavich, as well as any opposition, that means captured troops that still support won't accept Roman Mstislavovich as their Megadux, merchants, nobles/elite in general. His troops and mercenaries get a fair split of the loot. Roman Mstislavovich orders an assault on the coalition camp with his 12,000 troops, prefering to fight to the death as all men should. His mercenaries, however, whose loyalties are questionable are ordered as soon as the assault happens to attempt to leave the city now that the coalition troops are busy and break havoc raiding and plundering the principality of Chernigov, while harassing the coalition troops.
- Roman loses the battle and dies by an enemy's arrow. Winners recover Rostislav Rurikovich as Prince of Kiev. Svyatoslav Igorevich becomes Prince of Volyn. Roman's little aged son and wife save power in Galyc with support of Andrew from Hungary.
- Vsevolod III Yuryevich: With the loot taken from the war, from Roman Mstislavovich, we use them to build bigger/higher/larger/stronger walls around Vladimir, using better materials. A medium sized moat is constructed around the walls to protect the city from any kind of siege. Many public works are built like waterworks, libraries and public baths. Trade is encouraged by lower taxes, with many new banks,markets,inns,brothels and taverns opening up. Many new ironworks open, to meet the demand made by the need for preparation by the army. The army is increased to 12,000 troops, with some fresh recruits arriving and being trained. Vsevolod III Yuryevich army on Kiev place Iaroslav Fedor Vsevolodich as Prince of Kiev.
Grand Prince Vsevolod asks the Prince of Ryazan, Roman Glebovich to swear fealty to him and become his vassal. (MOD RESPONSE)
Roman Glebovich swears fealty to Vsevolod in a ceremony in Chernigov.
- Kost said it's implausable, that there are no vassals in Russia, so I delete this mod response I asked for and the request I made. ~Wrto12
- Vsevolod III Yuryevich: Roman Glebovich is summoned to Vladimir to celebrate the city's new grand restructure. Upon his arrival after attending a great feast, with guards loyal to Vsevolod III Yuryevich everywhere, he is poisoned and he dies. As soon as he is dead Vsevolod III Yuryevich uses his army to keep order in Ryazan, entering it, with the people of Ryazan not being informed of their prince's death, while their prince was a "vassal" of Vsevolod III Yuryevich so they welcome his troops. As soon as they enter they deal with any resistance and place Konstantin Vsevolodovich as vicegerent/prince of Ryazan, incorporating Ryazan principality into Vladimir principality, but as an autonomous part of the principality.
- Sultan Muhammed of Egypt: Sultan Muhammed orders men to work on building the most massive fleet in Islamic history. We train as many Mamluks as possible, and we increase the size of our army.
- Viceroy Al-Adfal: Reminds the Sultan that these matters are already being taken care of, and sends him back to his dolls in the Cairo Citadel.
- Muhammad al-Nashir (Caliph of Almohad): The state begins to work on on an army recruiting mostly poor farmers from Spain and some from Morocco. We send a peace pact for seven years to Leon, Castile, Portulaca, and Aragon. At the city of Málaga the navy begins to ramp up productions of warships mostly having prisoners work on the ships. The Caliph sends an envoy to all Liberian kings in hope of fixing relationships by sending a new sword and a bow and arrow along with food from Africa. In North Africa the army begin to rise up an army of 10,000 in Tunisia while a navy is built in Tunis of 5000
shipsraft. We send an envoy to Muhammad of Egypt in hope of fixing relationships.
- I'm no mod but 5000 is just ridiculous. That's a ship for every two soldiers!- ER
- You are wrong. Bozi has rafts.
- No, I clearly wasn't wrong as only afterward did he write canoes. Also, put your username, please. -ER
- Ottokar I: With the war against Hungary raging and Bohemia being the main province of the HRE that borders Hungary. King Ottokar quickly rushes his army of 10,000 to the border in order to stop any Hungarian attacks until the rest of HRE's army arrives.
- You can not post as Bohemia, but only as its ruler. ~Wrto12
- Please redo your turn and post as Ottokar. ~AM
- Leopold: Upgrades Austria's military and offers an alliance to split Venice to the Byzantines/Alexios.
- You are aware that you're going against the pope and that you'd be crushed by the combined power of the rest of the HRE? Austria is not yet strong, remember that. ~AM
- Woops! Withdraw the Byzantine Alliance and keep the end of Venice thing (Venice is the one nation in Northern Italy not part of the Empire).
- King Arthur 1st: The king’s treasury reports of its growing wealth, primarily due to taxation on the Jews and the increased gold and jewellery tax exploiting the crucifix trend. Lord Philip Osbourne, one of Normandy’s largest landowners, refuses to be outdone by his fellow nobles, commissioning a three-foot solid gold crucifix, with Christ formed from fine platinum. The eyes of Christ are inlaid with a pair of rare sapphires, and whilst the rest of the Holy Son’s figurine is left plain, the cross itself is inlaid with diamonds, rubies and pearls. The total price he pays is rumoured to be around 2000 Angevin Pounds, raising upward of 200 Pounds in tax for His Majesty. Conservative estimates by the Cabinet place the proceeds of the gold and jewellery tax at around 200,000 Angevin Pounds. Around 130,000 pounds of this are invested into the continued expansion of London, aligned to the King’s desire for it to be the greatest city in the world. The new plans begin with the eviction and destruction of the slums surrounding the medium sized settlements, with ex-residents each paid a small amount in compensation and promised a new home in the new city. Next, planners survey the city, ordering the destruction of buildings deemed to be ungainly or out of place, leaving only buildings of beauty and worth behind. With the space cleared, the planners set to work, establishing a design for a planned, open city, characterised by broad, open and paved streets, unusual for the time. Building begins, with central London set aside for magnificent palaces, manors, universities, libraries and other such institutes. Simultaneously, work begins on the expansion of the Tower of London, Windsor Castle and Chateau Gaillard, with around £5000 invested in each. The king begins the process of reorganizing and reforming the army to respond to a new climate of threats. Although every noble is still bound to raise a feudal army to fight for the King, a centralized standing army is introduced, one of the first in the world. This is divided into the king’s 700 Household Knights, the Royal Guard of around 1000 men dedicated to the protection of the King and his household, the newly established Royal Cavalry, and the standard Crown Army. The Royal Cavalry, a collection of 2000 horse owners from all backgrounds, are split into 20 units of 100 men and their horses, and then stationed with units of the Crown Army. This Crown Army, which numbers around 3000 archers, 500 mounted archers, 1000 mounted commissioned men (from the lesser nobility who can not afford to become knights) and 9000 foot soldiers, is split in half, with one wing stationed around England, and the other in Angevin France. They are accommodated in purpose built forts, and in exchange for relatively high pay train every day. The construction of border forts with France continues, but the king hopes that relations will turn to a more positive nature.
- Phillip II's Emissary: We also hope for improved relations, thus we request that the Duchy of Normandy be ceded to the Kingdom of France to ensure peace.
- Enrico Dandolo: We continue our venture against Hungary and propose to support Andrew as King of Hungary should he give Venice parts of the Hungarian coast for our aid against his villainous brother, Emeric. MOD RESPONSE We inform the Pope of Duke Leopold of Austria's treasonous talk with the Byzantines. We continue our venture against the Byzantines, and storm the port of Durrazzo with our 10,000 men.
- Andrew rejects offer.
- Viceroy Al-Adfal ibn Salah Al-Din Al-Ayyub: Military greatly improve, along with economy and infrastructure. The Sultan Muhammad Al-Mansur, for his own saftey in his precious youth, is confined to the Citidel in Cairo, allowed to communicate only with Al-Adfal himself. The population stands at 8.2 million. The military citadels of Aleppo, Damascus, and Damietta are strengthened, with complete new architectural designs drawn up for the fortresses under construction. The military is built up on high alert, prepared for any retaliation from the Franks since the end of the last Crusade. The military is composed of 30,000 men, including 2000 Mamluke mercenaries. A Castle is constructed in Syria, and another one in Ascalon. A great number of mercenary ships are pooled together to make a tentative navy centered at Damietta, consisting of 25 Galleys and five frigates. The madrassa schools are spread throughout the nation, as the children of local Emirs and Beys are educated in the latest art and science. Various schools of Sunni Islam are seen throughout the nation, taught in the local schools of Aleppo, Fayyum and Alexandria. A council of scholars from all Sunni branches are sent to Damascus to advice Al-Adfal. Shia Islam is completely purged from the nation. The Viceroy Al-Adfal declares that he will prolong eternal jihad against the Ahl Al-Kitab, until they are no longer a threat to the Umma of the Believers. The Coptic Christians are not openly persecuted, but the jizya tax is greatly enforced as a way of subverting any sedition from them. The Council of Senior Scholars in Alexandria declare the House of Abbas to be a usurper over the house of Islam, treacherously murdering the true Caliphs of the sons of Umayya. Al-Adfal declares his allegiance to the Caliph of Cordoba, and proceeds to send 30,000 men into Mesopotamia to besiege Baghdad. The finest goats with sacks of gold are sent to the Sultan of Rum.
- King Philip II: With England growing in strength and power with the new King Arthur I and the military build up on the French-English border pressure mounts on the King to make France equal or greater in power to England. The King continues to go by the policy that if Paris is strong, France too is strong. He does this by allowing and encouraging a large influx of people inviting all classes of people, including peasants, merchants, teachers, and the nobility to live in Paris, and a small estates tax is levied for new Parisians. This leads to an economic boom in the city and the funds raised go directly into improving the city setting up markets, schools, homes, and roads. The Great Wall of Paris continues construction as does the Grand Market of Paris. The University of Paris continues to enroll students and it attracts the greatest teachers not only from France but all of Europe to educate the people of Paris. Libraries are also constructed. Throughout the nation, more towns spring up and are gaining more freedom to trade, leading to increased prosperity throughout the nation. Monasteries continue to be built and improved. Meanwhile, more people are encouraged to join the military to defend France from the English threat and the Royal French Army continues to be reorganized and expanded. The King's call to arms quadruples our armed forces, with 1000 knights, 5000 sergeants, 3000 urban militia men, and 5000 foot soldiers. 500 mounted crossbow men and 500 crossbow men on foot. We ask for an alliance with any HRE states. We also build defensive fortifications on the French-English border.
- Firstly, it is only a year since you began centralization: the feudal military system is still going to be your primary composition of the army, so quadrupling your army through call up is impossible, as men are more loyal to their Lords than the King. Your nation is half the size of England, so having the same size military is unrealistic at the moment. You have only decreased taxes so how can you afford it. Finally, the HRE disliked Philip, seeing him as an enemy not an ally. -ER
- Philip II has been centralizing France since the beginning of his reign which started in 1180, these posts are just continuing what he did for 21 years. "Throughout his reign, Philip kept a close watch over the French nobility, which he brought effectively to heel. He maintained excellent relations with the French clergy, leaving the canons of the cathedral chapters free to elect their bishops and favouring the monastic orders. He knew, too, how to win the support of the towns, granting privileges and liberties to merchants and frequently aiding their struggles to free themselves from the seignorial authority of the nobles. In return, the communes helped financially and militarily. Most of all, Philip gave his attention to Paris, not only fortifying it with a great rampart but also having its streets and thoroughfares put in order. For the countryside, he multiplied the number of villes neuves (“new towns”), or enfranchised communities.The Capetian monarchy’s hold on the huge royal domain as well as on the kingdom as a whole was considerably strengthened by Philip’s institution of a new class of administrative officers, the royalbaillis and the seneschals for the provinces, who were appointed by the king to supervise the conduct of the local prévôts (“provosts”), to give justice in his name, to collect the revenues of the domain for him, and to call up the armed forces, in addition to other duties." -Encyclopedia Britannica This proves that France was a centralized kingdom under King Philip II's reign and that the French people were loyal to their King more than their feudal lords. The army size is backed up by fact too "In times of conflict, he could immediately call up 250 knights, 250 horse sergeants, 100 mounted crossbowmen, 133 crossbowmen on foot, 2000 foot sergeants, and 300 mercenaries. Toward the end of his reign, the king could muster some 3000 knights, 9000 sergeants, 6000 urban militiamen, and thousands of foot sergeants. Using his increased revenues, Philip was the first Capetian king to build a French navy actively. By 1215, his fleet could carry a total of 7000 men. Within two years, his fleet included ten large ships and many smaller ones. -Wikipedia. Since Phillip II's reign lasted 44 years, and he's midway through his reign, I reasoned Phillip II's forces would be half of what we could muster toward the end of his reign. I am willing to reduce Phillip II's troops numbers if the moderators decide it needs to be reduced, however. In OTL, Phillip of Swabia and Phillip II were allies "Philip hesitated to assert himself, but at least he received the support of further German princes, forged an alliance with King Philip II of France and was crowned by Archbishop Aymon of Tarentaise at Mainz on 8 September of the same year."- Wikipedia. So it is plausible for Phillip II to align with Phillip of Swabia and his allies. -KK
- Okay, I was wrong about the centralization, but it is 1201 not 1215. Also, the HRE was the allies of the British as they disliked the French by 1210, so if you are thinking in a forward manner as above ... But okay, I accept I was wrong in that area. My main point was that you can not quadruple your military in a year, especially as you increased it the year before - ER
- In regards for military, I posted that he raised his personal levy which was what he could muster up at the beginning of his reign, so the military was not increased the year before. As a result of centralization of France, increase of wealth in the royal demesne,and the military buildup on the French-English border it's reasonable that France's forces could quadruple the military in a year. I, however, leave the final decision to the mods. -KK
- Very well, it is up to the mods, but please remember that France was much larger by the end of Philip's reign, and currently it has half of the conscription pool - ER
- King Ottokar Of Bohemia: With the war against Hungary raging and Bohemia being the main province of the HRE that borders Hungary. King Ottokar quickly rushes his own personal levy of 10,000 to the border with in order to stop any Hungarian attacks until the rest of HRE's army arrives. He also calls upon the local Lords and Knights of Bohemia to gather an army of at least 6000 Footmen/Men-At-Arms and 4000 Cavalry/Knights at the border town of Kyjov.
- I don't know but isn't this far too many troops? - ER
- Yes it is. I just looked it up and I accidentally put my army at 30,000 which is the same size of the army French/Holy Roman army that launched the 2nd Crusade. So yes I have to much and I just fixed it.
- Phillip: Continues invading the Welfs and advocating for autonomy of his vassals as King of Germany.
Alexios IV Angelios travels throughout Europe and asks monarchs to help his father to return the Byzantine throne. He promises mountains of gold.
Otto IV almost lost any power in Germany as his supporters leave him and support Philip and his own territories.
Hungarian troops are defeated on all fronts since Imre is idle. Andrew besieged Budapest.
Alexios IV Angelios travels throughout Europe and asks monarchs to help his father to return the Byzantine throne. He promises mountains of gold.
Because of the exorbitant spending on the army and military build up, Swedish king goes bankrupt. If the army does not receive a salary it scatters in the near future.
Rostislav Rurikovich uses help of Chernigov Prince and takeover Kiev and return himself title Prince of Kiev.
Alexios IV Angelios travels throughout Europe and asks monarchs to help his father to return the Byzantine throne. He promises mountains of gold.
- Sultan Muhammed of Egypt: Spends much of his time working out, and is trying to get advisors for him to prepare for eventually authority. He fortifies his palace in the case of a coup attempt, and security is ramped up. He publicly states his intent to wage Jihad against the Crusader States one day. He has top military commanders give him advice, in preparation for the day that will come when he must take up the sword.
- Kaloyan Asen: With the Bulgarian Empire on its way through Greece, the 40,000 strong army split between the Hungarian front and the Greek front are kept separate. Kaloyan himself sets up the Siege of Constantinople bringing in seige engineers to build equipment to bring down the walls as well as climb them, with trebuchets, and seige towers under construction, roughly 20,000 Bulgarian troops enter into Eastern Hungary spreading out into Transylvania laying seige as needed and occupying towns as well. The Bulgarian army now with an extra 5000 to spare begins to seize the remainder of greece putting down small resistance as needed before moving these troops to constantinople to bolster the siege. The Bulgarian emperor Kaloyan begins planning the long term seige of the city and in response to the failure of its surrender orders any finished catapult or trebuchet to fire flaming munitions into the city looking to burn down the outer areas. Along side of this he begins recruiting low level mercenaries to test out the mettle of the wall defense using ladders to send nearly 2000 mercenaries (not part of the main army) into the battle.
- Enrico Dandolo sends 100 ships to assist the siege.
- King Ottokar Of Bohemia: With the Hungarian forces preoccupied King Ottokar marches his now assembled army from Kyjov to Beckov Castle where they begin to prepare for a siege by building siege engines, digging defenses to stop any possible raids by the Hungarian defenders and also the King orders his army to start foraging for food and for his lords to send convoys of supplies from Bohemia to their army's siege camp as to prepare for the inevitable siege that will happen. In the meantime the taxes are slightly raised for both peasants and their lords to pay for the current war. Also we encourage trade by hiring Bavaria's Royal Militia (Player Response) to patrol the roads connecting Bohemia to Bavaria and spend much coin on building bridges over Danube River and paving roads in Bohemia in order to increase trade between these two regions along with hoping to increase relations with our neighboring state and hopefully future ally, Bavaria. King Ottokar also sends an envoy to Duke Louis of Bavaria's Court to request an alliance.
- Louis I: Louis continues his grand plans of building up Bavaria. Roads are built up through the duchy. The University of Regensburg continues to be built. New merchant shops pop up granting new income trade increases through the land increasing the crown's wealth. The surplus food is being stored in case of famine. The duke announces that he will start a royal militia that peasants can join and be trained properly and effectively in the art of war. In order to give the militia members another job they will function as royally-owned mercenaries that can be hired by nations friendly to our duchy but serve Bavaria above all else. The army of Bavaria is secretly expanded and upgraded with longbow man being added to the army as a test of long range warfare. Cantons in Bavaria are offered the chance to be absorbed into us and but still retain their autonomy. We ask of the Pope to withdraw his support from Otto as King of Germany as no Germans accept him as their king. Austria is sent a warning about it's imperialist behaviors and if such a behaviour continues Bavaria and it's allies will have to eliminate you. Louis I continues looking for a wife. (Any other players want to offer up?). We continue to support Philip in his exploits against the Welfs.
- Vsevolod III Yuryevich: Grand Prince Vsevolod III Yuryevich of Vladimir offers the hand of his beautiful daughter, Sbislava Pelagia Vsevolodovna to Louis I of Bavaria, the Rurikid dynasty is the prestigious dynasty that was founded by the Varangian prince Rurik who established the Kievan Rus, while Sbislava Pelagia Vsevolodovna is also descended from Vladimir II Monomakh whose mother was the daughter of the Byzantine Emperor Constantine IX Monomachos and his wife Helena Skleraina niece of Byzantine Emperor Romanus III. Vsevolod III Yuryevich also wants to make an alliance with Duke Louis I of Bavaria.
- (Ottokar OOC): I would if I had a daughter, but I don't so I can't.
- Louis I Emissary: With news heralding from the land of the Kievan Rus' we are willing to accept the offer of Grand Prince Vsevolod if she is willingly to convert to Catholicisim and Germanize as we can not have a non-Catholic in the Holy Roman Empire. As for an alliance we make no guarantees for such a thing but will try to help in any way possible.
- Vsevolod III Yuryevich: Agrees with Louis I terms. Vsevolod III Yuryevich asks his daughter, Sbislava Pelagia Vsevolodovna to convert to Catholicism and germanize for the good of her family, although this would prolly take some time. (MOD RESPONSE)
- Sbislava agrees.
- King Arthur 1st of the Angevin Empire: In an effort to stabilise the economy and encourage growth, His Majesty introduces recoinage of the currency to make trade easier for all. He continues the work of King John by improving the administration of taxation, and increases the penalties for the rich who avoid paying their taxes. One such noble, William Torrance, an irrefutable scoundrel, well known for such crimes on epic proportions among others, is arrested by the new King’s Marshalls and fined upwards of 1000 pounds of silver, setting an example for all. His reformations of tax collection for the rich are reported to cut tax avoidance by up to 60%, with some serious offenders thrown in the stocks. Although reform is also introduced for the commoners, the King, ever a man of the people, is decidedly more lenient in his changes. Although avoidance will not be tolerated, such harsh fines are not imposed as they are unaffordable, and instead his new Marshalls of the Treasury provide no interest loans for the very poorest. Construction in London continues at a rapid pace, with independent investors financing some residential districts in exchange for selling rights: the very first estate agents. All minerals found in Angevin Empire belong to the Crown, and as Europe’s largest producer of silver (England produced more silver than the rest of Europe more than ten times by the late 12th Century), the King recognizes its major impact on the economy. Treasury finances are used to improve mining techniques away from the more old-fashioned strip mining, instead investing in more pioneering techniques. With this financing, the scale of mining increases, and King Arthur’s coffers boom as a result. Much of the money is used for the development and expansion of the army: training continues of the standing army, as the King orders the production of thousands of high-quality weapons for his troops. He announces a new list of Knights, with his Household Knights swelling to number around 600, bringing the total number of knights in the Angevin Empire to around 1200. The King is estimated to have around 20,000 soldiers at his disposal in the Empire. A number of wealthy philanthropists make contributions to the renowned Oxford University, one of the foremost academic institutions in the known world. Arthur, following Philip of France’s example from years before, expels all Jews from London, seizing their good, property, land and money within the boundaries of the city. However, they are left unhampered elsewhere, with Arthur’s Marshalls instructed to ensure those who persecute the Jews outside of the capital are made examples of. The money from this is vast, much like, if not larger due to England’s previous position of leniency (at least opposed to other nations) towards the Jewish people, than after the Jewish expulsion from Paris in April 1182. The newly raised finances are set aside for future use to support any future conflicts in a War Reserve. His Majesty establishes the first turnpike trusts, trusts that answer to his Cabinet and manage the construction and thereafter maintenance of a new system of toll roads across his territory. Toll prices are affordable for most, with the money raised as a result used to pay firstly for the construction of each road and then for its maintenance and security, via highway sheriffs. Left over revenue is set aside into the War Reserve of His Majesty’s treasury, or used to purchase food supplies for the poor, a scheme which greatly increases the King’s popularity among his people. These new roads circumvent natural obstructions, and are designed to reduce steep gradients and increase speed via the use of graded stones. In a primitive effort at drainage, ditches are dug on either side, and to stop bandits, trees are cut back some way from the roads. The Highway Sheriffs are given the power to arrest and are armed in order to stop these bandits and protesters against the tolls. Local courts are instructed to doll out harsh penalties for vandalism or purposeful damage to the roads and their accompanying infrastructure. These are the first of a number of legal reformations, aiming to reduce crime and increase justice in the realms of the King. Arthur organizes his legal enforcers into a coherent system, with Highway Sheriffs appointed to police the highways, which are the property of the Crown, rather than the Fiefs they run through. Although law enforcement is still primarily managed by the individual fiefdom by High Sheriffs, appointed by the King, Arthur’s own force of Royal Marshalls are given jurisdiction over the entire Empire. These Marshalls are tasked with the arrest of traitors, spies, corrupt officials and dissident nobles, should the occasion arise. The King decrees that rape is a capital crime, and attaches Sheriffs to some rape cases to ensure trial is fair and just.
- Sverker II: Faced with heavy debt, excess military spending is cut, unfortunately disbanding some units. We also cut spending on our missionary forces, although the remaining forces are sent to Prussia to convert the Pagan tribes and colonize the coast. As a result, the invasion of Finland is delayed until we can get out of debt. Sverker speaks to the people in Stockholm, promising better economic times in later years.
- The Prussians retaliate by slaughtering as many colonists and converters as they don't tolerate the invasion of the Swedes. The Finnish and Lappish continue raiding Swedish communities.
- Alexios III Angelos: The Basileus promise the hand of his third daughter Eudokia (he insist that the fact she is in Russia where lived her last husband isn't a problem) should any of them give him the head of his nephew Alexios, as well as a personal domain as a dowry (the size of the domain is to be negotiated). He ask his sons in law to protect the Capital. He also order his Varaguian Guard to execute his brother Isaac II (who is still in captivity), as he doesn't trust his sons in law to do the job due to stupid things like honor and pity. Alexios III believe that the Bulgarian King will ask, just like Simeon, peace instead of wasting time on the walls.
- Enrico Dandolo: We continue our venture against Hungary, continuing our invasion of Hungary. We send ships to support the Siege on Constantinople. We make talks with the other Italian states to support the venture against the Byzantines, as they oppose our natural and deserved power. MOD response.
- Vsevolod III Yuryevich: (Grand Prince of Vladimir) Vsevolod III Yuryevich wife, Maria Shvarnovna, dies from unknown causes. Vsevolod III Yuryevich then marries Eudokia Angelina in a lavish ceremony in the Grand Cathedral of Vladimir. Improvement of the walls and the moat around Vladimir continue. Public works continue as more roads are made. The city continues to flourish, especially trade. Our army stands at 6000 footmen/Men At Arms, 5000 archers and 3000 cavarly/kinghts. Vsevolod III Yuryevich offers to recognize Rostislav Rurikovich as Prince on Kiev shall he release his son Iaroslav Fedor Vsevolodich. (MOD RESPONSE)
- Rostislav agrees and sends Yaroslav via envoy to Vladimir.
- Vsevolod III Yuryevich: Welcomes his (favorite) son back.
- Vsevolod III Yuryevich: We ask Tamar of Georgia for an alliance, since we are both Orthodox rulers. We also ask Leszek the White for an alliance promising to help them take over Galicia and Volhynia shall they support us, if we ever come in need of their help. (Implying that this alliance will be against the Olgovichi family) (MOD RESPONSE)
- Just a note, Wrto. Stop warring so much inside the Kievan Rus'. You're not helping your situation. Remove this. ~AM
- It's just a (defensive) alliance, I fail to see your point, shouldn't I be prepared if they attack me? ~Wrto12
- Viceroy Al-Adfal ibn Salah Al-Din Al-Ayyub: Military greatly improves, along with economy and infrastructure. The population stands at 8.2 million. The military citadels of Aleppo, Damascus, and Damietta are strengthened, with complete new architectural designs drawn up for the fortresses under construction. The military is built up on high alert, prepared for any retaliation from the Franks since the end of the last Crusade. The military is composed of 300,000 men, including 2000 Mamluke mercenaries. A Castle is constructed in Syria, and another one in Ascalon. The navy continues to be expanded. The madrassa schools are spread throuhgout the nation, as the children of local Emirs and Beys are educated in the latest art and science. Various schools of Sunni Islam are seen throughout the nation, taught in the local schools of Aleppo, Fayyum and Alexandria. A council of scholars from all Sunni branches are sent to Damascus to advice Al-Adfal. Shia Islam is completely purged from the nation. The Viceroy Al-Adfal spreads the message of Sultan Al-Naser that a jihad will commence against the Ahal Al-Kitab, and this is conveyed to the Caliph of Cordoba and the Sultan of Rum. The Coptic Christians are not openly persecuted, but the jizya tax is greatly enforced as a way of subverting any sedition from them. [SECRET] Economic and military supplies are sent secretly to Byzantium, with the mesangers under strict orders to claim they represent the mythological Kingdom of Bimini, who has heard the call of Alexios and is willing to help their Christian brother. [End SECRET] With Baghdad taken, the House of Wisdom is greatly expanded, and all the wealth of the Abbasids are transported to Damascus. With the jihad underway, Al-Adfal leads an army of 80,000 soldiers into the Crusader lands to take the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
- Completely unrealistic military size, here! -ER
- Tamar Bagrationi: We request alliances with the fellow Orthodox states of Novgorod, Byzantium, and Vladimir, in order to further our interests in the Near East and beyond. We also build up our military as well, preparing for an invasion of Azerbaijan; it now consists of five thousand infantry and two thousand cavalry, with us trying to increase the number to prevent any possible attacks with surrounding Muslim states. We also try to integrate the ethnic Abkhaz tribes north of Georgia into the country (need a mod response for this). Construction of a fortress begins in the border city of Baku, in further preparation for the war with Azerbaijan. Reforms to make Georgia more like the western countries; and with might to match them slowly occur, with the Georgian nation starting up trade in the Black Sea and the Mediterranean, hoping to gain more influence and power. We attempt to purge Islam from the Georgian nation as an attempt to get rid of any potential rebels after the planned wars against Azerbaijan and possibly the Ahlatshah nation as well. The population stands at around 90 thousand, most of which are farmers and laborers. Blacksmiths throughout the country are subsidized by us to make the most efficient and innovative swords and bows to deal with our Islamic enemies with. The one thing we will take inspiration from in the Islamic world, though, is their science; the Islamic Golden Age is still occurring and the Georgian state wants to match its Muslim rivals in the scientific field as well.
- Byzantine Diplomacy: Romanos Christopoulos is sent as emissary by the Basileus to accept the offer of alliance with the Georgian queen. The messenger also request some supplies to Constantinople if possible.
- Vsevolod III Yuryevich of Vladimir: Accepts Tamar Bagrationi of Georgia alliance offer. Asks Alexios III of Byzantium for an alliance, while despatches a lot of supplies to Constantinople to relieve some pressure off the troops that defend the sieged Capital of the Orthodox faith but asks Alexios III of Byzantium have the Patriarch of Constantinople to crown him Megadux of Rus' and to seal the alliance by marrying his daughter Eudokia Angelina that never married her betrothed Roman Mstislavovich since he died fighting a war. While also proposes the creation of the Orthodox League, a league of nations that aims to preserve the Orthodox faith, to Alexios III of Byzantium and Tamar Bagrationi of Georgia.
- Byzantine Diplomacy: The Basileus agree to the marriage and to give the title of Megadux of Rus' to Vsevolod III, only asking that the first born son must be call Alexei. By this marriage, Vsevolod become third in line of succession of the Byzantine Empire.
- Vsevolod III Yuryevich of Vladimir: Agrees with the Byzantine terms.
- Georgian Diplomacy: We agree to the creation of the Orthodox League, just waiting on our ally, the Byzantine Empire to approve it. We also agree to send some supplies over to Constantinople in order to protect the city from the Muslim heathens. We also ask Byzantium if they could send some mercenaries to assist the Georgian troops in the planned conquest of Azerbaijan.
- Byzantine Diplomacy: Sadly, the Basileus is in no position to send troops, as his capital is under siege.
- Just a reminder, but remember that you are very disconnected from Europe, Claus. ~AM
- True, but Byzantium isn't too far from Georgia itself. I can see what you're getting at with the Kievan Rus' states though.
- Muhammad al-Nashir (Caliph of Almohad): The state begins to work on on an army recruiting mostly poor farmers from Spain and some from Morocco. We send a peace pact for seven years to Leon, Castile, Portulaca, and Aragon. At the city of Málaga the navy begins to ramp up productions of warships mostly having prisoners work on the ships. The Caliph sends an envoy to all Liberian kings in hope of fixing relationships by sending a new sword and a bow and arrow along with food from Africa. In North Africa the army begin to rise up an army of 10,000 in Tunisia while a navy is built in Tunis of 500 warships. We send an envoy to Muhammad of Egypt in hope of fixing relationships. The city of Lisbon, Valencia and Ciudad Real are turned into citadels. An envoy is sent to Rum to talk to them about a trade deal. (More to come)
- Haakon lll: We expand up the coast and recruit 400 men and hope for 600 more soon. Haakon himself visits Denmark, asking for a non-aggression pact. We also firmly resist attempts at Christianization, but a new pagen chuch emerges slowly. We build 30 warships at Nidaros.
- This can get you killed, you know. Crusades and such. ~AM
- Denmark refuses to treat with the pagan King of Norway and calls for the excommunication of Haakon III.
All the lands of Otto IV were taken over by Philip of Swabia. Philip's advisors advise him to start a war campaign against Rome to make the Pope recognize him.
Andrew takes Budapest over and puts his brother Emeric in prison.
Prussian tribes kill all Swedish colonists.
Byzantine troops lose to Bulgaria in a decisive battle. There is coup in Constantinople: Theodore Lascarsis declares himself Emperor. Alexios is blinded and put in prison.
Theodore Lascarsis asks Kaloyan for a peace treaty.
The Egyptians successfully take the Kingdom of Jerusalem, but Aimery manages to escape to Cyprus.
Fellow mods, please feel free to change this as this affects the nation.
For all events that need mod response or affect any wars, please clearly indicate in your posts as bold.
All turns will for now on will start at 2:00:00 UTC.
- Viceroy Al-Adfal ibn Salah Al-Din Al-Ayyub: Military greatly improves, along with economy and infrastructure. The population stands at 8.2 million. The military citadels of Aleppo, Damascus and Damietta are strengthened, with complete new architectural designs drawn up for the fortresses under construction. The military is built up on high alert, prepared for any retaliation from the Franks since the end of the last Crusade. The military is composed of 300,000 men, including 2000 Mamluke mercenaries. A Castle is constructed in Syria, and another one in Ascalon. The navy continues to be expanded. The madrassa schools are spread throughout the nation, as the children of local Emirs and Beys are educated in the latest art and science. Various schools of Sunni Islam are seen throughout the nation, taught in the local schools of Aleppo, Fayyum and Alexandria. A council of scholars from all Sunni branches are sent to Damascus to advice Al-Adfal. Shia Islam is completely purged from the nation. The Coptic Christians are not openly persecuted, but the jizya tax is greatly enforced as a way of subverting any sedition from them. [SECRET] Economic and military supplies are sent secretly to Byzantium, with the mesangers under strict orders to claim they represent the mythological Kingdom of Bimini, who has heard the call of Alexios and is willing to help their Christian brother. [End SECRET] With Baghdad taken, the House of Wisdom is greatly expanded, and all the wealth of the Abbasids are transported to Damascus. Expeditions are sent into the Arabian desert, annexing Bedouin tribes into the Sultanate. Al-Adfal continues his military campaigns against the Crusader states in Syria and Anatolia, inviting the Sultan himself to lead the armies.
- Tamar Bagrationi: We reject our plans for Azerbaijan, rather focusing on the Muslim sultanate of Ahlat. Troops are quickly sent over to the border between the two nations. The war is expected to be a decisive Georgian victory due to the large, mostly Armenian Orthodox, populace in this Islamic despotate. The troops are rallied up, and war is declared upon the small nation. Georgian envoys are sent into the northern, mostly Armenian cities. The main goal of the war is simply to annex Ahlat as a whole in order to liberate their Orthodox citizens. The northernmost portions of the nation are quickly occupied and armies are headed further south. We are still waiting for a mod response from the Abkhaz tribes. The plans for Azerbaijan are scrapped and are to be put into effect after the war with Ahlat ends.
- The Abkhaz tribes refuse as they are pagan and don't like Georgia.
- Vsevolod III Yuryevich of Vladimir: He hire 10.000 Cuman mercernaries to assist our ally Tamar Bagrationi in his efforts to liberate Orthodox lands from Muslim oppression.
- King Ottokar Of Bohemia: With his men done foraging for food and winter quickly approaching King Ottokar launches his assault on the castle using his personal levy of 10,000 as a reserve while using his 4000 dismounted Knights as shock troops to come in after the 6000 Men-At-Arms from Ottokar’s vassals launch the main attack on the gate with Siege Ladders and Battering Rams.(RNG For The Success Of The Assault: 1-25 Bohemian Forces Take Heavy Losses And Fail To Take The Castle | 26-50 Bohemian Forces Take Heavy Losses And Succeed In Taking The Castle | 51-75 Bohemian Forces Take Medium Losses And Succeed In Taking The Castle | 76-100 Bohemian Forces Take The Castle With Light Losses) Meanwhile work starts to deepen the Vltava River and connect it to the Danube River to increase trade to and from Prague via ship. Also on top of that farmers are encouraged to sell their produce to the King so it can be stored in case of a famine in the future. Also on top of this King Ottokar asks that the (Pope Bless King Ottokar’s Campaign Against Hungary) and he also has his Royal Architects draw up plans for a rampart which will be built around Prague when the current war with the Kingdom Of Hungary ends.
- Muhammad al-Nashir (Caliph of Almohad): The state begins to work on on an army recruiting mostly poor farmers from Spain and some from Morocco. We send a peace pact for seven years to Leon, Castile, Portulaca, and Aragon. At the city of Málaga the navy begins to ramp up productions of warships mostly having prisoners work on the ships. The army in Spain begins to be put on standby with an army 30,000. In North Africa the army begin to rise up an army of 20,000 in Tunisia while a navy is built in Tunis of 800 warships. We send an envoy to Muhammad of Egypt in hope of fixing relationships. The city of Lisbon, Valencia and Ciudad Real are turned into citadels. An envoy is sent to Rum to talk to them about a trade deal. The navy begins to mobilize. A military envoy of 9000 are sent to Egypt to help Salah Al Din.
- Please do not bold events which do not require a mod
- Phillip: Phillip makes his illegitimate son control the Welf lands and marchs on Rome.
- Please bold events which are related to war
Philip II King of France: In light of the Phillip of Swabia's invasion of Rome we accept Arthur I's peace offer and we move our soldiers to the eastern border and the King of France declares war on on the King of Germany for he has invaded the Pope. We invade the King Phillip of the Germans with 1000 knights, 5000 sergeants, 3000 urban militia men, and 5000 foot soldiers. 500 mounted crossbow men and 500 crossbow men on foot and we call upon all Christian nations to unite against the King of the Germans and help defend the Pope. Phillip II continues to develop Paris and the rest of France.
Germany takes the city of Rome. I hope kost is happy
Philip Augustus invades the low countries and takes some provinces there
Leon aggrees to a non-aggression pact with Cordoba. All other nations in Spain refuse
Ottokar manages to take Beckov Castle on the border of Hungary with medium losses to his army.
Alexios IV, exiled from Byzantium, looks through Europe for any help to restore him to the throne in Constantinople
Aimery, the King of Cyprus appeals to the Pope for a Crusade to stop the advancements of Egypt
After Haakon III dies, the throne of Norway is siezed by Erling Bagler, who is supported by the clergy to restore Christianity in Norway.
Forces from Kiev, Georgia, and Prester John(?) manage to prevent Constantinople from falling to the Bulgarians, resulting in a stalemate. The Emperor continues to try to make peace with the Bulgarians
The Ahlat kingdom quickly surrenders to Georgia
Armenia falls to the Ayyubid Sultanate
- Sultan Muhammed of Egypt: He is going to fight in the Jihad. He condemns the Crusaders and demands that they convert to Islam, surrender or be eradicated. He promises his men the day will come that he will partake in the final assault on the walls of Jerusalem. He is still under the command of the Viceroy, and this time will not play with his dolls in the Citadel. For his age, he is in excellent physical condition after working out for two years He personally visits troops to boost morale, and warns the Crusaders he will cut off their heads, and that the Crusades will soon end.
- Louis I: Louis I continues his extravagant plans in Regensburg building markets banks and an university to educate the noble youth, The Royal Militia is trained and expanded with new recruits flowing in every day. More Bow men are trained with long ranged weapons. The first regiment is sent to Bohemia as the first sale of them. The centralization efforts continue with more peasants becoming loyal to the duke for the first time due to efforts by him to make himself more important than their feudal lords however this makes him unpopular with the nobility. Louis I's new wife arrives from the Kievan Rus' and takes the Germanic Name Svanja and begins to learn Catholic Traditions. In order to not alienate herself from her people she learns the german language and germanic culture. Louis I decides to support Phillip in his war against Rome
- Tamar Bagrationi: The Georgian troops are sent back to the capital, Tbilisi, where they proudly march in a parade organized by the state. All of the Cuman mercenaries are sent back to the Principality of Vladimir. The Georgian state is relieved that Byzantium hasn't fallen to either the Catholics or Muslims, and that the Orthodox Union is still in power. After our conquest of Ahlat, we try to encourage (as much as possible) trade with the Western world due to their technological superiority so Georgia can end its relative isolation. Some minor fortifications are built on the Egyptian border in order to prevent an invasion from what was once Ahlat. We prepare to attack the Abkhaz tribes for them refusing to join us, with plans on trying to convert them to Orthodoxy and make them as loyal as the Georgian and Armenian populations are. As Georgia's status is changing in the world, fortifications are also improved in Tbilisi, the capital, as well as the cities of Kartli and Kaheti. After a sudden surge in army growth due to the new-found Armenian population which we liberated, the army reaches a much larger strength of around 15,000 troops. 7000 of them are sent to Abkhazia from where we invade them in hopes of annexing the territories which refused diplomatic annexation. Churches and Christian schools are built in the southern territories of what was Ahlat, as the population there is predominantly Sunni Muslim. We hope to convert most of the Islamic population in around 15 years. Near the end of the year, due to the rise of tensions between the Catholic and Orthodox states, Queen Tamar gives a speech in the center of Tbilisi regarding the tensions between the two. Georgians who are proficient in many of the languages spoken in the rest of the Christian world are appointed to translate the speech into those languages (specifically Italian, Latin, Russian, Bulgar, and Hungarian), in order to spread her proposals across the Christian world. This speech tells the Catholic and Orthodox states, rather than warring against each other and killing each other off, to unite against their common enemy; after all, we worship the same God...
- King Arthur 1st of the Angevin Empire: After Arthur's new schemes of taxation, the Treasury continues to grow in wealth, with the War Reserve, a reserve of funds in case of war to prevent bankruptcy, steadily growing as surplus revenues are set aside for this and a number of economic contingency funds. With war raging across Europe, Arthur realizes that now is the time to maintain strong economic growth, rather than falling into the crippling debts of war that will soon hit many other European powers, leaving the Empire strong and bold, one of the main ideas behind the War Reserve. Oxford University continues to attract the foremost academics of the world, and the King employs many of his financial advisers straight from the ranks of this student elite. London continues its planned growth, with the King commissioning monuments, water features, great halls, barracks, parks and museums to ensure the completed city will be the most beautiful in the world. Charities continue to combat homelessness, with the King donating 1000 pounds of silver from his personal reserves to the poor, much to the delight of the peasantry. The silver trade continues to boom, causing great economic growth throughout Arthur's realms. His troops continue to train to the very highest standard, and the army steadily grows as it recruits the poor and turns them into skilled warriors in the mighty Angevin war machine. Upon the news that King Philip of France has invaded Germany with the majority of his army, this machine is mobilized and, just one week after the French army begins combat in Germany, crosses the border into the County of Toulouse (just to be clear, Toulouse was independent of France until 1229, so this is not an invasion of France). 800 Knights, 3000 long-bowmen, 500 crossbowmen, 1000 men of the Royal Cavalry, and 10,000 soldiers of the Angevin Army compose this force. The Feudal Armies are deployed to the border with France to ensure security and defense is maintained. Meanwhile, the invading army is strict, with plunderers hanged, though looting of course is allowed. Treasures are sent back to the court of the King to reimburse the war expenditure. Aside from this, 5000 foot soldiers, 300 Knights and 600 crossbowmen are sent to Germany, to aide the King of Germany in the name of God, via the blessed mouthpiece of the Pope. Perhaps more crucially, the King sends 20,000 pounds of English silver from his own personal coffers (so as to save the money of the Empire itself), under heavy guard by the troops also sent out, along with a convoy of cargo wagons containing wool, iron, weapons and Armour, including over 10,000 arrows and 5000 crossbow bolts.
- Theodore I Laskaris: The Basileus thanks the Georgian for their help, thanking them for saving his state. Fearing the power of Michael Stryphnos, one of Alexios III's close allies, He officially strip him of both his titles of Megadux and Commander of the Navy, and instead name Romanos Christopoulos, a young man who rose under Alexios III, as the new Commander of the Navy. By doing this, the Basileus hope to promote a new generation of officiers. He then send an emissary to the Bulgarians, offering them to end the war, leaving them with their current conquests. The Basileus also sned his sons Nicholas (his heir) and John to Georgia, asking the King of Georgia to hide them while he's dealing with the Bulgarian and the possible traitors of his court.
- Georgia: We accept to hide Nicholas and John in the Georgian realm, having them reside in a local palace in Tbilisi where they receive the best quality living possible in the Georgian state besides that of the Bagrationis themselves.
- Viceroy Al-Adfal ibn Salah Al-Din Al-Ayyub: Military greatly improves, along with economy and infrastructure. The population stands at 8.2 million. The military citadels of Aleppo, Damascus and Damietta are strengthened, with complete new architectural designs drawn up for the fortresses under construction. The military is built up on high alert, prepared for any retaliation from the Franks since the end of the last crusade. The military is composed of 300,000 men, including 2000 Mamluke mercenaries. A castle is constructed in Syria, and another one in Ascalon. The navy continues to be expanded. The madrassa schools are spread throughout the nation, as the children of local Emirs and Beys are educated in the latest art and science. Various schools of Sunni Islam are seen throughout the nation, taught in the local schools of Aleppo, Fayyum and Alexandria. A council of scholars from all Sunni branches are sent to Damascus to advice Al-Adfal. Shia Islam is completely purged from the nation. The Coptic Christians are not openly persecuted, but the jizya tax is greatly enforced as a way of subverting any sedition from them. With Baghdad taken, the House of Wisdom is greatly expanded, and all the wealth of the Abbasids are transported to Damascus. Expeditions are sent into the Arabian desert, annexing Bedouin tribes into the Sultanate. Following the orders of the Sultan, Al-Adfal executes the Crusader Knights captured from their recent campaigns. The Jews and Christians of Jerusalem, however, are permitted to live in the empire, as long as they pay the jizya tax. Sultan Muhammad, unfotunately, was mortally wounded during this campaign and dies within the year, and Adfal takes full control. Following this, Al-Adfal travels to the Almohad court, and falls at the feet of the Caliph, saying "Oh great commander of the faithful! All that I have is yours. Please come and rule from your rightful place in Damascus over all the House of Islam, and I will be your viceroy".
- King Ottokar of Bohemia: With the German King Philip marching on Rome Bohemia sends an offer to the Pope saying that if he were to recognize King Ottokar Of Bohemia as the king of an independent Kingdom of Bohemia that Bohemia would openly rebel against King Philip. Also the siege of the castle ends.
- Ererling Bagler of Norway: With that pagan destroyed, I begin my campaign by placing a palace on the grave of King Haakon III. I order the continued expansion up the coast, and build up the military. We also state that all Nordic Peoples must convert to Christianity. Any countries that refuse will be invaded.
The English forces begins to overwhelm the French vassals on the border, although the bloody Siege of Toulouse gives them significant losses
OOC Angevin Empire: The French army is in Germany, and I'm not invading France anyway so.... I find it difficult to believe that they are only just beginning to overwhelm the region after a year of fighting between little more than city guards from Toulouse and trained, efficient soldiers from the Angevin Empire.
The combined German and English forces crush the French forces in battle, and take control of the city of Rome
Pope Innocent III refuses to comply with the King of Germany, and offers any German nation independence if they come to his aid.
The Kingdom of Jerusalem continues to appeal to the Pope to retake Jerusalem from Egypt
The economy of Venice suffers as most of the spoils in the recent war in the east were subsumed by Bulgaria and Bohemia
Following the proclamation of Ereling Bagler, a northern crusade begins that purges Norse paganism out of Scandinavia
Bulgaria agrees to make peace with Byzantiuim, if they agree to let them keep the lands they already occupied. This would leave the Byzantine empire with the Peloponese, the coast of the Aegean, and their Asian territories.
The Abkhaz tribes mostly flee in the face of Georgia's invasion
Queen Tamar's speech is enthusiatically taken by the common people of Georgia, but unknown in the rest of the world
With a succession crisis in Egypt after the death of Muhammad al-Naser, the nobles of Egypt consider giving the kingship to the Almohad Caliph, thereby restoring the Umayyad Caliphate over all Islam from Cordoba to Baghdad
- Tamar Bagrationi: We try to build more Orthodox churches and schools in southern Ahlat as the population predominantly consists of Turkish Muslims. After the Abkhaz tribes flee, we claim to be the rightful owners of the now-scarcely populated territories of Abkhazia. We encourage Georgian citizens to immigrate to the colony to populate it more, and to prevent a potential Abkhaz retaking of the lands. The military is now around 17,000 strong and the population is around 160,000 after the incorporation of Ahlat into the nation. Two thousand men, one thousand infantry and one thousand cavalry are situated in Abkhazia to prevent any tribal invasions from there new territory in northern Circassia. We do encourage the tribes to return to their native territory, even allowing them to stay pagan, as long as they don't rebel or attack colonists. (need mod response for this). Our next target is currently unknown though Tamar does have secret plans for the future of Azerbaijan and the orange state in between Rum and Georgian Ahlat (I have no idea what its name is). As for the succession crisis in Egypt, Tamar tries to further the transport of the translated copies of her speech from last year to many different and prominent nations, both Catholic and Orthodox. We await to see how the Christians, both Catholic and Orthodox, reply; especially as a unified Caliphate could pose a massive threat to local Christian states. Besides this, infrastructure is improved on and roads are built to and from Tbilisi. The economy grows after the incorporations of Ahlat and Abkhazia, and prosperous times seem to be ahead for the Georgian state.
- Sverker II of Sweden: Due to the barbaric nature of the Prussians, the Prussian colonization efforts are put on hold. We continue to ask for trade and look towards mmore economic growth, hoping to end the debt crisis. Military stationed in Finland are ordered to guard Swedish settlements from Finnish and Lappish raiders. We ask for Ereling Bagler's support in our conquests of Finland, proclaiming it as part of his Crusade.
- King Arthur 1st: "It was a massacre. The Angevin forces finally broke through the gates and rushed the ramparts in one, concentrated effort, a surge of steel and iron, a wave of blood and bone. Faced with an onslaught of thousands of professional killers, the vastly outnumbered city guard threw down their weapons, only to be met with cold steel as the invading troops took revenge for their losses during the long siege. Columns of the King's personal troops, complete with burnished breastplates and shining mail, marched through the gates, units stripping left and right to maintain order in the chaos. These elite troops marched straight through the center of the city, an unstoppable spearhead of discipline and skill, seizing the treasury, armory and the houses of the nobility and city leadership. The consuls and many of the governors were hanged in the city square, pronounced traitors for resisting their rightful King, with collaborators heavily rewarded to ensure future resistance is minimal." So begins the report summary of Marchand Pierre, the Captain of the Royal Marshalls attached to the army. To fund the seven-month long war, the treasures of the nobility are stripped, sold off to cover the cost of combat, even producing a surplus which is used to repair the city walls. With the fall of the capital, the region is finally a part of the Empire. Leaving a detachment of troops behind to maintain order, the King turns his attention to a bigger prize: Bourbonnais. A full scale invasion begins: 1000 Knights, 5000 long-bowmen, 2000 crossbowmen, the 1150 men of the Royal Cavalry, 15,000 foot soldiers, and 4000 Swiss mercenaries (purchased in the first turn). With them go a force of ten Royal Marshalls and 300 Sheriffs to maintain order. This is the perhaps the greatest invasion force Western Europe has ever seen, a horde of trained, experienced troops baying for blood, taing advantage of the French army's absence in Germany. Bourbonnais, a small county, is offered an ultimatum: succeed to the Empire of face annihilation. (MOD) Meanwhile, in Germany, troops rejoice after the capture of Rome, and move into station, securing one half of the city for the King.
- Muhammad al-Nashir (Caliph of Almohad): The state begins to work on on an army recruiting mostly poor farmers from Spain and some from Morocco. We send a peace pact for seven years to Castile. At the city of Málaga the navy begins to ramp up productions of warships mostly having prisoners work on the ships. The army in Spain begins to be put on standby with an army 30,000. In North Africa the army begin to rise up an army of 40,000 in Tunisia while a navy is built in Tunis of 800 warships. We send an envoy to Muhammad of Egypt in hope of fixing relationships. The city of Lisbon, Valencia and Ciudad Real are turned into citadels. An envoy is sent to Rum to talk to them about a trade deal. The navy begins to mobilize. A military envoy of 9000 are sent to Egypt to help Salah Al Din. Muhammad says "The unity of the house of Islam is the right way" and begin to merge the nation with Egypt. The Caliph fist sends his son and his wife to Cairo, while he looks for an Amir of Spain. An army is sent to Cairo then Jerusalem (12,000 troops) while Al-Adfal is made viceroy of Egypt.
- Kaloyan Asen: With the end of the Byzantine dominance in certain areas including most of their european positions the Bulgarian dominance in these new areas (Thrace, Thrake and Macedon) brings Bulgarians into a position where they directly cut the european portions of Byzantium in half leaving the Pelleponesse, and Constantinople separate. Even if some "control" is thought of by the byzantines in this area, the Bulgarians refuse to leave the aegean coast and occupy all of the cities, towns and castles in the area "daring" the Byzantines to remove the Bulgarians. Kaloyan with recent success solidifies his families dynasty in history, as well as bringing any who doubted his ability to heel. Kaloyan reintegrates many Bulgarians who resided within these territories as part of the upper class and gives many of his own men as well as locals landed titles within the occupied territories.
The County of Bourbonnais surrenders to the English forces after a pitched battle.
A dispute arises between the occupiers of Rome, as the German commanders resent the presence of the English in Italy
The declaration of Queen Tamar is presented to the Pope
Many tribes in Finland convert to Christianity in the face of Sweden's colonization
Few Abkhaz tribes return under Georgian rule, to the resentment of local Bishops seeing these pagans remain in the land
- Emir Al-Adfal ibn Salah Al-Din Al-Ayyub: Military greatly improves, along with economy and infrastructure. The population stands at 9.5 million. As Emir of the emerging Umayyad Caliphate, Al-Adfal begins pooling the military together to a mighty force of over half a million. Mamluke mercenaries begin to be phased out and replaced with professional soldiers. The navy is also pooled together, with 900 warships stationed at Spain, Tunis, and Damietta. Al-Adfal begins strengthening the port of Jeddah, in an attempt to construct a navy there too. The Silk Road is opened up to allow trade through Khawarzim into Central Asia. The House of Wisdom of Baghdad is conjoined with the Libraries of Cordoba and Alexandria, where many schools of Sunni Islam thrive in their studies. Trade is opened up by caravan to the states of West Africa. Persecutions of the Christians are lightened. The military citadels of Zaragozza and Aleppo are strengthened.
- Tamar Bagrationi: Population, military, and economy greatly improve under what has been starting to be referred to as the "Armenian Miracle". In response to the rage of the bishops, we allow them to move to Abkhazia and preach the true faith and build Orthodox churches, as long as they don't treat the Abkhaz people like second-class citizens. We announce this offer to the ethnic Abkhaz people before telling it to the bishops, and we also make sure to tell them any attempted revolts/massacres/etc. directed at bishops will result in a life sentence to prison for those involved. The military is now at 19,000 soldiers and the population, after the return of the Abkhaz tribes, is now at around 54,000. We wait for the Pope's response to Tamar's rally for Christian unity, especially as a new, unified, Islamic threat has risen. The fortifications on our southern border are finished and around a tenth of the Turkish population in that area have embraced Orthodoxy." Tamar and her court secretly begin working on war plans for a potential invasion of Azerbaijan.
- Erling bagler: we ask for an alliance with Sweden and Denmark, and plan an expedition to Hopefully discover new lands. We continue our Crusade on paganism, and use our new strong army to invade Nederlands by its many rivers
- King Arthur 1st: Power is consolidated in the newly conquered regions, as the army continues into the Royal Domain of the King Philip, crossing the border of the County of Blois and heading swiftly to the city of Paris, the French capital. All troops except for those guarding Angevin Rome begin their return from Rome, and are expected to be back in France by the end of the year. Intelligence sources inform the leader of this returning unit that the beleaguered French forces, decimated from their war in Germany, are also returning to France (I assume this would happen due to the English invasion), and the Angevin cavalry begins to engage in light skirmishes with the French army, lightning attacks at night to burn tents and supplies and harry the army before it can engage the main Angevin forces. Arthur, realising that it would be best for Paris to fall before the return of the main French army, orders a full scale assault on the city. 5000 Swiss mercenaries, 1500 Angevin Knights, 3000 long bowmen, 1000 crossbowmen, 1500 men of the King's Cavalry, 20,000 foot-soldiers initiate the attack: the city is faced by an onslaught never before seen in European urban warfare. Joining these troops are 1300 French mercenaries (many of them hated King Philip as he tried to consolidate the many independent micro-nations in France), and the defeated, 1000 man-strong, city guard of Toulouse, forced to march ahead of Angevin troops and commanded by Angevin officers. These men are forced to engage at the forefront of the army, receiving the bulk of casualties as a result, and in return the survivors will be given pay and freedom. The city is expected to fall within weeks: it would be impossible to survive against such a force for any longer, and so by the time Philip returns, his Royal Domain will have fallen.
- King Ottokar Of Bohemia: We ask Phillip of Swabia to grant Bohemia a higher level of autonomy in exchange Bohemia will give him a elite body guard of 100 elite Bohemian Knights. He also leads his now 16,000 strong army after the fall of Beckov Castle southeast in an attempt to conquer the Hungarian city of Bratislava. (RNG 1-50 Losses Battle for Bratislava and 51-100 Wins Battle for Bratislava)
- Sverker II of Sweden: After our triumphs in conversion and colonization in Finland, we push north in our efforts, continuing to guard Swedish villages.
We offer Finnish tribes in Estonia to unite into a puppet kingdom of Sweden, where they will enjoy civilized life, harmony between tribes, yet their own affairs still kept to themselves. We hope that tribes in mainland Finland and Lapland will follow. (MOD RESPONSE REQUIRED) The king continues efforts to increase economic growth to end the debt crisis.
- I see what you are getting at, but you should find a more realistic way of wording that
- OOC Sweden: I suppose more like: "We work to unite Christian Finnish tribes in Estonia, to eventually unite them into a Swedish puppet kingdom." Also, will the Swedish debt crisis end soon?
- Muhammad al-Nashir (Caliph of Almohad): The state begins to work on on an army recruiting mostly poor farmers from Spain and some from Morocco. We send a peace pact for seven years to Castile. At the city of Málaga the navy begins to ramp up productions of warships mostly having prisoners work on the ships. The army in Spain begins to be put on standby with an army 30,000. In North Africa the army begin to rise up an army of 40,000 in Tunisia while a navy is built in Tunis of 800 warships. We send an envoy to Muhammad of Egypt in hope of fixing relationships. The city of Lisbon, Valencia and Ciudad Real are turned into citadels. An envoy is sent to Rum to talk to them about a trade deal. The navy begins to mobilize. A military envoy of 9000 are sent to Egypt to help Salah Al Din. Muhammad says "The unity of the house of Islam is the right way" and begin to merge the nation with Egypt. The Caliph fist sends his son and his wife to Cairo, while he looks for an Amir of Spain. An army is sent to Cairo then Jerusalem (12,000 troops) while Al-Adfal is made viceroy of Egypt. With the new state the group begins to work on expanding into Southern Algeria. The state begins to work on a sense of unity and faith by Arab and non Arabs. While in Spain the jizyh is made to help pay for the navy and army.
After a long and terrible battle facing devastating losses on both sides, the English are defeated in their attempt to take Paris, and are pushed back to Acquitaine. This victory was led by the French commander Louis the Lion, while his father Philip Augustus is still in Germany. The French are unable to disslodge the English from any other part of the continent at this time
- That just unrealistic. Perhaps the Empire hasn't wont, but one way are they rushed back; the entire French army is in Germany! No way could Angevin be bean back. Also, do not you where the Aquitaine is? That's in over a hundred miles away: it would wean that the city guard of Paris beat the entire army out of most of English land, not just French land.
The German commanders compel the English to leave Rome, as they are foreigners with no place in the nation
Bohemia is given independence from Germany by the Pope
Philip of Swabia pulls his army out of Italy to confront the invasion of Norway into the Netherlands
Bohemia narrowly loses the Battle of Bratsislava
Sweden still suffers a problem with debt, but it is slowly improving
The Estonian tribes are not interested in being controlled by a foreign power, nor do they want to unify at all
Hearing the terrors of the Northern Crusade, many tribes north of Sweden and Norway convert to Christianity in droves
Bagler succeeds to raid and pillage many towns in the Netherlands, getting much wealth from it
Queen Tamar's reforms converts many more of the Abkhaz tribes to Christianity, greatly expanding the nation
- King Ottokar of Bohemia: With the defeat that was Bratsislava King Ottokar purchases 5000 Swiss Mercenaries and Conscripts another 5000 from Bohemia and Occupied Hungary replenishing his army to 25,000 and also buying another 5000 Mounted Swiss Mercenaries which are formed into the Swiss Guard the personal shock cavalry and body guard to King Ottokar Of Bohemia. Raising the strength of his army to 3000 strong from 15,000 all in preparation for a renewed attack on Bratislava. Meanwhile he also re-organize the Bohemian economy by beginning to mint a new paper currency for Bohemia called the mark after initial success implementing this new currency it was made the standard currency of Bohemia. Next exchange rates for foreign currencies to the mark this helps boost the economy with one Also due to our position as an independent kingdom no longer part of the HRE by the decree of the pope himself we begin to look for allies for both our endeavor against Hungary and for future wars to come (Player Response For Any Player Interested)
King Ottokar (OCC): The players interested in making an alliance with Bohemia have to be relatively close (Example: So I Won't Accept AN Alliance With The Kingdom of Georgia) and have to be plausible (Example: I Won't Accept AN Allince With Hungary Because We're At War And I Won't Accept AN Allince Request From Egypt Because Their Muslim. But, I Would Accept One With The Byzantine Empire As We've Had No Recent Transgressions And Their Orthodox Which Ain't The Exact Same Religion As Mine (Catholicism) But It Is A Branch Of Critisanity Like Catholicism)
Erling Bagler Of Norway: We continue to invade the Netherlands and we also recruit more soldiers for our campaign in Netherlands. Also we ask the northern tribes to join us.
- Tamar Bagrationi: After the mass conversion of the Abkhaz tribes to Orthodoxy, the bishops have finally been satisfied with the Georgian state's colonial ventures throughout the Caucasus. After the successful incorporation of Abkhazia, Tamar decides her nation's next "colony" should be at what is now the eastern tip of the Republic of Azerbaijan as the area is both wealthy land-wise and doesn't have too large of a native population due to the fact that it is entirely surrounded by Georgia. The colonization is supposed to be much easier than that of Abkhazia, with no military intervention required. Local fortifications continue to be built on the border with the new, unified Islamic Caliphate, and now as well as on the border of Azerbaijan. In case the war does break out soon, goods, weapons, etc. are shipped over to Baku due to it's relatively close position to the to-be invaded nations. Plans continue to be made about where and how to invade the nation, and Georgian explorers are sent to analyze the terrain. The economy continues to grow; the liberation of Armenia really paid off.
- Sverker II of Sweden: We continue to promote economic growth in the country, especially through resources in our Finnish colonies. Settlements continue to be created and guarded, making trade deals with Christian tribes. The king announces in Stockholm that the debt situation is improving, and promises economic growth in years to come.
- Muhammad al-Nashir (Caliph of Almohad): Muslims in Spain are calling for war against Holy Roman Empire, and (Secretly)-Plan to assassinate THE POPE, King Ottokar, and Bishops, Priest, Nuns across Europe with top leaders of the Turkish Muslims.
- The attempt to assassinate the POPE: (MODs Pick)
- 1-10 = Pope lives but several Cardinals die in attempt to save Him, assassin caught.
- 11-20= Pope injuries, and is probably going to die of injuries.
- 21-30=Pope lives, unharmed, assassin caught at entry.
- The attempt to assassinate King Ottokar. (Mods Pick)
- 1-10= lives but is greatly injured.
- 11-20= Assassinate goes to plan King Ottokar is kill but assassin is caught.
- 21-30= Assassin caught before they could kill the King, Assassin is killed on spot.
- The effect of assassination on Bishops, Priest, and Nuns across Europe. (Mods Pick)
- 1-10 People of Europe live in fear and more likely to be more aggressive towards Muslims.
- 11-20 People of Europe begin mass riots for more action against Muslims.
- 21-30 The People of Europe see nothing of it and continue life as if nothing happened.
- The effect of assassination on Bishops, Priest, and Nuns across Europe. (Mods Pick)
- The attempt to assassinate King Ottokar. (Mods Pick)
- The attempt to assassinate the POPE: (MODs Pick)