Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Conservative Party is a political party of the Confederate States, founded in 1935. It has contested thirteen presidential elections, winning five.
- Successful presidential candidates are highlighted in bold:
- 1939: Josiah W. Bailey (North Carolina) and Hatton W. Sumners (Texas)
- 1945: Harry F. Byrd (Virginia) and W. Lee O'Daniel (Texas)
- 1951: Harry F. Byrd (Virginia) and J. Strom Thurmond (South Carolina)
- 1957: J. Strom Thurmond (South Carolina) and Richard B. Russell (Georgia)
- 1963: Ross R. Barnett (Mississippi) and Luther Hodges (North Carolina)
- 1969: John C. Stennis (Mississippi) and Orval E. Faubus (Arkansas)
- 1975: Ernest F. Hollings (South Carolina) and Lewis F. Powell (Virginia)
- 1981: Lawrence P. McDonald (Georgia) and William L. Scott (Virginia)
- 1987: Jesse Helms (North Carolina) and Howard H. Baker (Tennessee)
- 1993: J. Bennett Johnston (Louisiana) and Zell B. Miller (Georgia)
- 1999: William H. Frist (Tennessee) and W. Thad Cochran (Mississippi)
- 2005: Fred Thompson (Tennessee) and Robert R. Riley (Alabama)
- 2011: Michael D. Huckabee (Arkansas) and James W. DeMint (South Carolina)