|conventional_long_name||Commonwealth of Nations|
|Timeline||Axis vs Allies Resurrection (Map Game)|
|OTL regions involve||Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador (?), India, Australia, Israel, Southern Papua New Guinea, Jordan, Palestine, South Africa, Namibia and Southern Angola|
|national_anthem||God save the King/Queen|
|royal_anthem||God save the King/Queen|
|Language_other||Hebrew, Hindi, Xhosa, KwaZulu, Hiri Motu, Afrikaans, French and Arabic.|
The following is a current list of countries part of the Commonwealth of Nations, a successor to the British Empire which ended with the overthrow of the United Kingdom and the establishment of the People's Union of Britain. The Commonwealth is an economic, political and cultural union/alliance with a primary goal of providing an economic base for the Dominions and colonies left in the lurch by a Communist takeover of Britain. Canada, the new home of the Royal Family after the overthrow, established the organization in September 1944, and is open to all former colonies, dominions and territories of the British Empire.
- Kingdom of Canada
- The Commonwealth of Jordania (previously Palestine)
- Commonwealth of Australia
- United States of India
- Union of South Africa
The 4 branches
- The economic authority
- Free trade zone.
- The political authority
- A non-aggression pact amongst all members
- A mutual defence pact against no treaty members.
- Sporting and cultural authority
- Runs the Commonwealth Games
- Looks after movie/book copyright issues.
- Premotes the idea of monarchism.
- Scientific authority
- Looks after scientific patents
- Controles tellicommunications issues.
Indian Civil War resolution (Treaty of Delhi):
- The United states of India will recognise Pakistan, Burma and Bengal as independent states.
- Hostilities will cease between all warring factions.
- Assam remain part of India.
- Punjab and Sind will be split between India and Pakistan, along OTL Radcliffe Line (though Gurdaspur and Firozpur districts of Punjab will go to Pakistan for the reasons below)
- Persecution and forced conversion of Muslims and Sikhs in India will be stopped.
- Pakistan, Burma and Bengal will all join the Commonwealth of Nations.
Burma (mod): (Burma agrees on all terms but the joining of the Commonwealth)
Bengal (mod): Hail Sean! (Get a free potato here)
16:45, March 13, 2015 (UTC)
Pakistan (mod): Hail Sean! (Get a free potato here)
16:45, March 13, 2015 (UTC)
I personally think while the Pakistan - India border would on OTL Radcliffe line, the Gurdaspur and Firozpur districts of Eastern Punjab would also become part of Pakistan. They had a Muslim majority and control the canal links into Pakistan therefore, they have economic importance. Considering that they were originally supposed to become part of Pakistan until Mountbatten changed his mind, they should be becoming part of Pakistan in this game as well since there is no Mountbatten. The rest seems fine. BTW, what parts of Bengal are becoming independent? Like OTL Bangladesh or all of Bengal?
I was thinking OTL Bangladesh due to West Bengal having a Hindu majority.
As the mod who has been writing the events in India, I would like to reject this proposal proposed by Muslim traitors from the west who do not maintain the best interests of their foreign brothers at heart. Also, damn it, Sean. I'm trying to create a god damn war.21:16, March 13, 2015 (UTC)
I'm not part of the Commonwealth but I just had to speak up. It is not nor should be the mod's role to start conflict and war. Wars should only occur naturally and if there is a peaceful solution agreed upon it should not be stopped. • 21:21, March 13, 2015 (UTC)
Non player controlled nations are controlled by mods. If we didn't do that, they would never react to anything, which doesn't make sense.
23:48, March 13, 2015 (UTC)
There should be more independence movements in India since there is no British involvement or a stable atmosphere. It should be divided in languages like http://khalistannewsblogspotcom.blogspot.ca/2013/04/admittance-of-khalistan-to-u-n-p-o-p-s_5.html
or by princely states like http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=279667&page=31
Thisismacedon 01:30, March 14, 2015 (UTC)
There was no Khalistan Movement back in 1940s as Sikhs didn't form a majority in any province. The Khalistan Movement actually in 1980s... I personally think that Assam and Hyderabad would revolt too. Both of those nations revolted in otl and the latter was the richest and most modern Princely State in India. "It's not going to suck itself." 07:03, March 14, 2015 (UTC)
1950 Commonwealth Games
- Melbourne, Australia. Votes: Australia, Papua, Indonesia
- Vancouver, Canada. Votes: Canada
- Delhi, India. Votes:
- Johannesburg, South Africa. Votes:
- Tel Aviv, Jordania. Votes: Jordania, Ammon
- Windhoek, Namibia. Votes:
just a heads up guys don't make your votes look completely one sided (looking at you South Africa), so mix it up a bit.
News just in as of 1966.0
Ghana and Sri Lanka were invited in by Canada, but they refused.
Hindi, Xhosa, KwaZulu, Hiri Motu and Afrikaans are recognised as major regional languages.
Canada creates 4 new authorities in the Commonwealth.
Pakistan was invited and a response is still wated for.