The major powers of the Old World set their eyes on colonizing the newly discovered lands of the West with hopes of attaining even greater wealth, power and influence through amassing great colonial assets.
As the Portuguese and Spanish empires swell in size the other powers of Europe become jealous of their new lands and so a new wave of discovery washes over the two continents of the New World. As this happens the Spanish and Portuguese jealously defend their new lands, making it difficult for other European colonies to colonize.
Watch and see what happens as the Old World sets sail for a new land of abundance, danger and mystery, America.
Rules and signing up for nations can be seen on this article's talk page.
- The Czar approves the creation of a counsel for the people, as this quells all in Russia. The Counsel and Czar approach the Ottomans for a trade and defense packed.
- The king of France becomes interested in the Americas having heard of the Spanish successes there, he hires several explorers to explore these new territories, but for now they must prepare.
- Portugal sends several hundred colonists to the Chesapeake, hearing of its great shellfish populations. It also offers a non-aggression pact to Spain, and they accept.
- The Danes send four large ships, carrying approximately one thousand colonists and fifty soldiers, and enough food and livestock to get them through the winter. they establish a colony on Newfoundland, and construct a small, well-defended town.
- The fleet of Jacob van Neck arrives in the Netherlands from the Indies with a huge profit.
- The Czar begins a road system to allow for faster travel to any of his cities. Russia begins to expand easterly, this well take several years to completely get to the size OTL Russia is to day (I am guessing around 1700 before it is complete, this well include territory that was part of OTL Soviet Russia to the east).
- The French send their first explorer to the new world, Samuel De Champlain. He is sent with five ships, two supply ships and three fighting ships also filled with soldiers and supplies.
- The Dutch join forces with the natives from Hitu, in the Indies, against the Portuguese.
- The Counsel, acting independently of the Czar for the first time, ask the leaders of Denmark for a trade and to be an ally. After they except/disagree, Tsardom of Russia well go to war with Sweden, it's long hated neighbor.
- The Danes agree to ally with the russians, as long as they are allowed to control southern sweden. The Russians agree to the terms. The Danish villages supplement their supplies with fish, which are available in enormous quantities around Newfoundland. they send word back to Denmark, and another colony fleet of almost 2000 is planned for the following year (One bullet per country, per turn).
- The Russians move across the Baltic Sea region of Sweden swiftly, and are able to take 1/5th of OTL Finland. The Counsel, with the Czar's approval, sends a 30 man ambassador team to OTL China. The 30 man ambassador team is traveling along the old silk road. They wish to reopen the silk road and start to actually build a SAFE and RELIABLE road to china from Russia.
- NOTICE:[I am just going to say that this is the time when a Russian poet coined the frase "For Motherland"/"For Mother-Russia" wile explaining a battle between the Sweden and Russian forces, thus growing popular in the military. This HOPEFULLY won't count as a "event" as it has nothing significant tied to it.]
- The Danish fleet, sailing from Denmark, prevents the Swedes from sending reinforcements to their Finnish Army
- Portugal continues to expand in Brazil, and a large colony is established at the mouth of the Rio de la Plata.
- The Danish fleet arrives in Newfoundland, and disembarks most of the people in the growing town of New Oslo. The fleet included several groups of shipwrights, and they set to work on port facilities to service the quickly expanding Danish fishing fleet. the rest of the colonists either settle in the town, move to another, smaller village, or move inland to begin harvesting lumber. (Expanding a little quickly, post one map at the END of each year, please.)
- Portugal offers to help the Danes in the New World, under two conditions: A: This doesn't carry over into Europe, and B: The Danes don't expand further south than the southernmost border of OTL New York. The Chesapeake colony establishes friendly relations with the natives, and they expand further into Virginia.
- Cartier's group arrives off the coast of Newfoundland, they are turned to the south by the Danes and land on OTL Rhode Island, Cartier is unsatisfied with this exploring though and decides to leave most of the soldiers, 87 of the 124 colonists, 1 of the fighting ships and 1 of the supply ships. Cartier leads his group down south to explore.
- The Dutch, though unadvisedly, openly express their disdain for Portuguese.
- The Portuguese begin to supply and fund Sulawesi rebels in DEIC territory, as well as Acehan and Mallaccan nationalists.
- The Danes agree to the Portugues proposal, as long as the provisions only apply to areas east of the mississippi, and not to the mississippi itself. they also build a small town on Nova Scotia, and begin harvesting coal from the surface deposits.
- A new company is created within the Netherlands, it is called the Dutch East India Company. The company, taking into account the fact that most companies were created for one time trips, is sent with a fleet of privateers to the Banten the major port of West Java.
- Having sent the famous DEIC (Eutch East India Company) on it's way, the people of the Netherlands become more and more interested with word of the "New World." The Dutch States-General promises the people that in the next few years the New World will begun to be explored. Preparations are beginning as trade becomes increasingly profitable.
- The Danish soldiers construct a fort on a bluff overlooking New Oslo. this will greatly assist the defense of the port. thanks to the improved defenses, the Danish colony seems like a viable proposition, and many expert laborers are clamering for a spot on the next ship to Newfoundland.
- The Russian/Danish war is won against the Swedish, as they were being attacked from both the east and the west. Sweden is split appropriately to the Danish and the Russian's. The Russians keep large amount of troops in Sweden for the next 1 1/2 decades. On a side note, to cheer the populace up, the Czar and Counsel sign off on a Russia-funded expatiation around the world as word has reached them of the new world and the adventures that have been had. They choose an explorer by the name of Denislave Volouf to lead the expatiation.
- The French settlers of Rhode Island finish building their town in time for winter, there are several houses, a grain mill and silos, and a barracks. Work will begin on a town hall and fort after the necessities are met, this town is called North Point or Point Du Nord. Cartier's remaining fleet lands on the opening of the Amazon, a new colony is established there while Cartier goes deep into the river.
- An ambassador is sent from Russia to the Dutch asking for a trade agreement and for access through their waters. Denislave Volouf Expatiation is at the horn of Africa, after some delays they are off again to continue the expatiation.
- The Danes use several huge galleons to establish a permanent transport service between Newfoundland and Denmark. they transport colonists and manufactured goods to America, and return with loads of extremely high-quality wood from America. this is a huge boon to the Danish Merchant Marine.
- The Portuguese begin to build a port at OTL Venice, LA. They expand their Chesapeake colony into Virginia, and put in coastal forts at OTL Norfolk to ensure their domination of the Chesapeake. When Cartier begins to explore the Amazon, part of their territory, they tell him of the cannabalistic tribes deep in the jungle, and his crew is scared enough that they threaten to take over the ship. Cartier turns around, and begins his journey to Point De Nord.
- Russian's expand easterly further. The Czar is told about the expansive ambitions of the Portuguese and send a diplomat to ask for a trade agreement as well as a informal agreement that any land in the New World that the Russians wish to settle, they can through Portuguese territory.
- Portugal agrees, on two conditions: A: This only applies to lands west of the Mississppi, and B: That Russia help out the Portuguese as much as possible in the New World. The Russian Counsel, as well as the Czar, agree to the condition, but make one of their own. The the later part means only economic or agricultural; this is due to the resent depletion of man power by the war and the still continuing move eastward in the main land. The Portuguese agree.
- The DEIC fleet lands in Banten, they beat the few Portuguese left defending and sack the city. They make their return voyage to the Netherlands after repairing and recuperating.
- The Danes send another colony fleet, which lands at the St. Lawrence river, and they establish a colony at the mouth. this colony builds many farms, and they begin supplying the quickly growing towns of Newfoundland.
- ^^Portuguese were never in Banten, they were set up in Sulawest with their Malayan and Sulawesi allies. Well actually they were, but not as much as the existing Dutch, French, and English merchants.^^
- The French king is convinced that the Americas will bring France great wealth and so another group of ships is sent to reinforce the colonization efforts on both the Amazon river mouth and Rhode Island.
- The largest danish fleet to date arrives in the Gulf of St. Lawrence. they distribute almost 4000 Danish colonists throughout the, mostly in small farming communities.
- Denislave Volouf Expatiation is now at the southern tip of Africa (OTL South Africa) and they stop to stock up on food and other supplies for the long journey around. A letter is sent to the Dutch Republic to ask for a more permanent military-economic alliance.
- The Dutch States-General accept the offer from the Russians.
- With a completed trade alliance set up with Russia, the Dutch send a request for a three way trade alliance with Britain and France. The States-General hopes that with a three nation alliance, with nations like Britain and France, Portugal and Spain can be derailed as the lead colonizers. The States-General also deliberates as to whether or not keep the DEIC or to abolish the company. They wait to see if the fleet returns home, and to see if it produces a sizable profit.
- The Russians decline membership, opting instead for an observer statues where it can begin trade with the nations and still keep trade with the Portuguese, this does mean that any alliances that it had with the Portuguese about mutual defense have now gone into defunct as Russia concentrates on continuing to go eastward. The Russians also ,with approval from the Czar, to begin to build forts across their lands in Sweden and all borders, including sea ports. (roughly 2-4 years before getting done with ALL forts; these would be more reminiscent of star forts, for optimal security)
The Danes begin construction on a fort at the mouth of the St. Lawrence River, in order to prevent other nations from colonizing that area. They also send a cartographic expedition to Hudson Bay, to map the entire bay and find a site for a suitable colony.
The Portuguese expand their Virginia and Rio De La Plata colonies.
- The DEIC fleet arrives home in Rotterdam. The profit is nothing like the Dutch have ever seen before. The States-General decide to keep the existing company, Dutch East India Company, and expand it. They hope to gain a large amount of profit from the East Indies. They promise to hire an explorer to try and find a westerly passage to the East Indies.
- Denislave Volouf Expatiation reaches a small Arab town on the coast and trade as well as get a map of much of the coastal area as well as some inland passages, then they continue on along the coast as well as sometimes venturing out into sea's (mostly staying near the coast though). The Czar decides to make an official announcement of his heir, named Alexander Savogikucks the first (his one son, among many daughters), the same day he was born on July 4th, 1603. Until his 27th birthday he well be trained in military strategy as well as economics and law, he well become known as the first true 'Czar of Russia' and one of the only; the same day he is to take the throne, his father well retire ALL power to him.
- The only Danish colony ships that arrive this season carry more shipbuilder, and a large complement of soldiers. both of these groups are let off on Newfoundland. the already large fishing fleet expands even more, and the soldiers begin work on another fort.
- The Portuguese establish a colony at OTL Cairo, Illinois, as well as expanding their colonies at the mouth of the Mississippi. They fortify them as well.
- The king of France sends a delegation to the new world colonies to see if they are worth the time.
- Samuel de Champlain is famously hired by the DEIC to explore the east coast of America.
- Denislave Volouf Expatiation reaches the southern tip of India and by now has a good map of the Coastal, and some inland area's of Africa, OTL Saudi Arabia, OTL Iraq, OTL Iran, and OTL Pakistan (the later three include maps of the inland). The Czar commissions on this day (October 5th) decrees that people under the law's of serfdom are free, this is somewhat objected by members of the conceal but otherwise passes; these people start new bushiness and some even begin their own work force, this is called the "Serfdom Boom" (as it is an economic boom).
- The Danes establish more dockyards and build more warehouses and piers to handle the increasing traffic through New Oslo, the capital of the Danish colonies. the wood, coal and firs shipped by from the Danish colony are extremely profitable, and the Danish crown uses these profits to expand their naval bases on Iceland, in order to better facilitate trade with the New World.
- Portugal puts settlements all along the Mississippi, and creates a formal alliance with all the major chiefs of the Shawnee and the Kiowa.
- Samuel de Champlain is sent out from Amsterdam and is set to explore America!
- The Japanese, intrigued by the rumors of a mysterious land to the east, prepare an expedition to confirm these rumors.
- The Danes send several ships to create detailed maps of North Amerca's east coast
- The French king's keen interest in the Americas allows much money and supplies for the American colonisation effort, many supplies and people are sent to the biggest French towns on the OTL Brazilian coast and Maine.
- In the last of January Adolf and Frederick II of Anhalt and Schleswig as partner rulers of the duchy's agree to send expeditions to the West, Adolf personally leads the expedition leaving Schleswig to rule, Adolf takes three Carracks and 400 colonists, In March Adolf lands on Newfoundland, and establishes Guchen.
- The Japanese scouting/colonization expedition is launched from the port of Hiroshima.
- The Japanese expedition makes landfall in Hawaii. The expedition's samurai succeed in overthrowing the Kingdom of Hawaii. The new colony will be regularly reinforced with the seasonal shipments of supplies and settlers from Japan. The mild weather will prove to attract many people from the home islands, especially during winter.
- Another Japanese scouting/colonization fleet is formed, this time at the Japanese colony of Hawaii. They also travel to the east to see what lands they may find.
- The second Japanese scouting/colony expedition makes landfall in the "New World" he European traders were trading stories about. They find a bay that would serve as a perfect natural harbor. They manage to defeat the local natives easily, as they are not as well armed as the Hawaiians. Supplies begin to pour in from the home islands just as quickly as in Hawaii.
- Spain begins to explore the modern day Quebec area.