|Electorate of Cologne|
Kurfürstentum KölnTimeline: Principia Moderni IV (Map Game)
OTL equivalent: Electorate of Cologne
|Official languages||German, Latin|
Cologne is an ecclesiastical principality of the Holy Roman Empire. It consists of the temporal possessions of the Archbishop of Cologne and is ruled by him in his capacity as prince-elector. The capital of the electorate is the city of Cologne.
Archbishop-Electors of Cologne (1400 - Present)
From the 1534 Council of Cologne onwards, Archbishop-Electors were also referred to as "Archbishop-Patriarchs" of the Imperial Synod of the Holy Roman Empire.
- Friedrich III von Saarwerden (1400 - 1414)
- Dietrich II von Moers (1414 - 1461)
- Cardinal Emmerich von Berg (1461 - 1503)
- Cardinal Rhoderich de La Mark (1503 - 1542)
- Cardinal Aldrich von Munster (1542 - 1598)
- His Holiness Pope Zachary II (previously known as Cardinal Baldrich von Hochstaden) (1599 - 1623)
- Cardinal Wulfrich von Schulte (1623 - )