Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Cold War, unlike OTL, was a multipolar struggle for supremacy that lasts to the present day. After the Second Great War, Seven Superpwoers emerged:
Emerging supwerpowers include:
Empire of Japan
North African Alliance
Republic of Argentina
There were several key fields where the superpowers vie for supremacy:
1. Nuclear. Each superpower desperately sought nuclear supremacy. Although Russia had the first nukes, the USA soon caught up in 1952. China followed suit in 1963, Colombia in 1969 and India in 1975.
2. Digital. All superpowers wanted a head in the Digital Revolution that came about in 1973. The United States and India's wmd arsenals includes computer viruses that are capable of wiping out entire computer networks. There are 7 Technological hubs: Texas, Japan, Korea, China, India, Russia and Western Europe.
3. Space. All powers have had a man on the moon so far, except for Colombia. Only 2 have managed to retrieve an Asteroid. Russia has completed their Koryolev Space Station while America is completing the final stages of the Goddard.
4. Military. Russia is slightly in the lead, with the new Tsar Mikhail tanks being capable of rivalling any other tank in the world, even the US M1A3 tank, and their MiG-40 fighter jets are unrivalled. Their navy have more firepower than any other due to having 22 aircraft carriers and over 200 ballistic missile submarines.
5. Ideology. In TTL, ideology between the two main superpowers, the USA and Russia is far less important than the desire to be on top. Currently Russia is in the lead, but only slightly. But some commentators have noted that India is catching up to the two main competitors.