Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Welcome to the Cold War Map Game! Like you already know, this map game details the events of the Cold War - although there is a twist. There are three teams, NATO, the Warsaw Pact and the Non-Aligned Movement. You don't need to sign up. I can not deny you entrance, but If you say that the Soviet Union takes over America using Robot Space Pirate Monkeys created by Ganon the Evil Magician, or anything similar, you will be banned from participating for ten years. The Map game will go in half-years. It begins in 1955, and ends in 2010.5, although the Cold War must have ended by 2010. Now for the rules:
NO Ninja Robot Space Pirate Monkeys allowed.
NO drastic turns. No, Switzerland can not join the USSR and nuke all of Europe in the same half-year.
NO similarities to 1983: Doomsday. There will not be a country named Pais del Oro, Delmarva, Superior, and anything similar. Certain countries similar to 1983:DD may be allowed, however.
These rules apply to the teams: For NATO members, the U.S's states may not declare independence. Multiple states may form unions if a war ravages the country and destroys America. Great Britain may not take over Ireland. France may not take over Monaco. West Berlin can not take over East Berlin. Italy may not take over San Marino. Spain may not take over Andorra. Basically, all micro-states must either stay independent, or offer to join a country.
For Warsaw Pact members, the USSR may not start a huge offensive over Europe. The Germany's can not take each other over in a year. The USSR can not split apart in a year, unless a war ravages the country. The USSR can not take over the US via Alaska or any other stupid thing like that.
For Non-Aligned Movement Members, just don't do anything that was mentioned above. These are the administrators of the Map Game, they are the overseers and must keep the peace between the two other sides. You may not turn it into a NATO or Warsaw puppet state. You can not force any country, member, or team to switch over. You ARE allowed to participate in any side you wish, but please be respectful.
You MUST submit to Oerwinde, the Administrator of the Map Games.
If you want to, you may create your own sphere of influence, but it will not be a major element of the Cold War Map Game.
One final rule: You must place a map on every turn. It must be .png as well.
The Members will be listed below:
- Bern, Switzerland, - Commander Overseer - Arstarpool.
- Stockholm, Sweden - Laptop Zombie
- Jakarta, Indonesia-Islamic Warrior of Peaceful
- Brasilia, Brazil - Feudalplague
NATO & Allies
- Washington, USA -Secretary of Coolness - BoredMatt
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - Mumby
- Israel- PitaKang
- West Germany- Eurasia12
- Caracas, Venezuela- VENEZUELA
Warsaw Pact and Allies
Soviet Union - ProfessorMcG
Shanghai Cooperation Organization
Shanghai, People's Republic of China
The Warsaw Pact is formed, US and USSR tensions begin to increase. The Cold War Begins.
NATO convenes at the Hague, and decides on a policy of supporting peaceful democracy movements throughout the world.
USA sends 500 instructors to South Vietnam, and gets complete military access to both them and the Philippines. China, hoping to stem away from the totalitarianism of the Soviet Union, sets up a meeting between them, India, and Indonesia, in China in what is later called the Shanghai Conference. they have a huge argument about each others ideas and start a war.jaydon
India, China and Indonesia meet again in Shanghai and create the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, it operates just like the Warsaw Pact and NATO and is centered in Shanghai.
Talks begin between NATO and Western-aligned powers, such as Persia, Argentina, Brazil, Peru, SK, Japan, etc. to discuss the creation of a worldwide democratic alliance against Communism.
The US expands research on weapon systems, primarily primitive ICBM's and MBT's. The US begins production on 19 Roosevelt class carriers. These are intended to be mainly ASW/Support/Command type ships, not full supercarriers like the previous Wasp class.
The US outlines its internal policy:
Complete nonintervention in the economy, except in cases of consumer fraud.
Abolition of the income tax, a flat tax rate is established.
Federal Reserve is abolished, all money is either put towards the military or returned to taxpayers as tax credits.
1st amendment is to be stringently upheld, to the point of allowing Communists to organize.
Citizenship is offered to all foreigners that have any special scientific, engineering, or really any sort of technical expertise.
The SCO decides to hold a conference every year in Shanghai to discuss foreign policy, defense, and economics, also, an offer of participation is extended to Burma, who wholeheartedly accepts the offer, seeing as a way to extend their world influence.
NATO concludes its talks with the Western-aligned nations, and announces the creation of the Pacific Rim Trade Organisation, which has Japan, SK, Taiwan, S. Vietnam, and The Philippines as its members. It, while seemingly independent, is rally just an extension of NATO. It has a headquarters in Taipei.
NATO and PRTO begin talks with the SCO over preventing the expansion of WP influence.
- Meanwhile, in Venezuela dictator Marcos Perez Jimenez, is making Venezuela the power in South America, having an economic and social boom. He make an election for staying to power until 1963, just some believe the results, tensions starts at the country.
- Dictators from Venezuela, Colombia, and Paraguay plus Ecuador and Bolivia (which are supported by USA, and specially Venezuela influenced by USA) make a conference to create an economic and political organization, which secretly is under Venezuela's Sphere of Influence, The Latin American Union is created. Communism which was already wiped from most of this countries is wiped out finally.
- After the talks with the Western nations and changes in many Soviet policies, a great schism occurs between the USSR and the PRC, they now fully embrace their membership in the SCO and cut off most diplomatic relations between the Soviet government, membership into the SCO is also extended to Laos, which is now still a constitutional monarchy.
- After a massive media campaign, the USA launches its first man-made object into space, the Explorer, using a prototype Vanguard ICBM as the delivery system. A new rocket designed specifically for space missions, the Columbus, is designed. By 1959, it is estimated that the US can put a man in space using it. In order to coordinate all the programs concerning space exploration, Congress creates a new department known as the Space Exploration and Development Department (SEDD).
- Due to increasing troop movements throughout Karelia, Finland joins NATO, fearful of a second Russian invasion.
- After long, extensive dealings, the SCO extends their sphere of influence and membership to Nepal. (Laos is a member of the SCO, remember that when making the next map)
- A common currency is added to the LAU, the Bolivar.
- NATO offers the LAU engineers to help expand their infrastructure, in return for lower oil prices. LAU accepts.
- Philippine marines move into North Vietnam, as due several thousand Japanese troops. The South Vietnamese conduct a massive invasion of the North, utilizing democratic guerrillas known as the Viet Cong.
- Indonesian ruler meet Pakistan president, offer to join with Non-Alignment Movement. Pakistan agreed.
- This years Shanghai Conference makes a resolution that decides to intervene on Vietnam conflict, they send their own troops into North Vietnam, seeing their Communist ideas also as totalitarianism, and soon close in on Hanoi.
- After a long conference Uruguay and Dominican Republic with dictator Leonidas Trujillo joins LAU. Franco in Spain support this.
- a failed coup to overthrown Perez Jimenez happened, soon the secret police create a subdivision to eliminate all people wanting to make coups de'etat.
- In Colombia the dictator is overthrown, but seeing their prosperity they stay in the LAU.
- Cold War tensions increase when North Vietnam, an ally of the Soviet Union, is now on the verge of being overthrown. In Checkpoint Charlie, Berlin, a Soviet soldier kills one West Berlin civilian and one American tourist. Tensions build, since this is the first armed conflict of the Cold War.\
- In Cuba, LAU, the Cuban Revolution begins. This deeply hurts Cuba's relationship with its' fellow members as the Communist dictatorships comes into place.
Ireland joins the Unaligned Movement after significant harassment from Northern Ireland.
The first nuclear missile, named Big Joe, is launched at an uninhabited Canadian island. It is a 900KT missile.
- After large amounts of talking and appealing, Thailand is admitted into the SCO.
A small border conflict and pressure from surrounding nations force Israel to join NATO. Palestine, Egypt and Syria all join the Warsaw pact, fearing a combined NATO force if
war erupted with Israel.
- The UK goes into discussions with the USA, Canada and Australia concerning escalating tension in Europe. If Britain were to be caught in the middle of a nuclear conflict then they want a back up plan and they have contacted these countries concerning evacuation of people to these countries and the formation of a government-in-exile. If these plans do not come to fruition then preparations for a system of underground bunkers to be built across the UK begins.
- US troops are brought into Vietnam in large numbers. The PRTO troops, supported by S. Vietnam, have surrounded Saigon. The US uses its massive aircraft carriers to bombard the North, destroying much of the roads and bridges north of Saigon. The Viet Cong continue to spread democracy, and much of the smaller villages and hamlets, while ostensibly under Communist control, are technically just extensions of S. Vietnam.
- The United Republics of Malaysia and Singapore joins the PRTO, and immediately contribute troops to S. Vietnam, mainly in a supporting mode.
- The Columbus is launched, carrying SEDD astronaut John Glenn. He remains in orbit for 15 hours, and then drops back to Earth 40 miles west of Samoa. He is hailed as a hero, and the idea of the space race (now very one-sided) is born. As the public is enamoured by the idea of space, the US pumps much of its money originally intended for welfare into space. However, as the standard of living is the highest it's ever been, the money is considered to be well-built. Plans are made for a permanent space station by 1970, while communications satellites are launched. These enable the US (and to a lesser extent, NATO and the PRTO) to be able to communicate worldwide with each other. This helps out the campaign in Vietnam greatly.
- Lebanon and Syria, both with large Orthodox, Coptic, and Syriac populations, join NATO as a result of pressure from the Christians, and the threat of Israel on the border.
- Indonesia declares war with Israel.
Due to rising tensions, Spain joins NATO as well.
After diplomatic troubles, Kaliningrad (East Prussia) is removed from Russia and is admitted as an independent SSR to the Soviet Union.
A Communist coup in Haiti is backed by the USSR and Cuba.
After seeing the reach of the US and PRTO troops as they move in on the North Vietnamese capital, the Chinese and Laotian governments, along with support from the other SCO members begin to build a wall of forts and troops along their borders with North Vietnam.
Sweden begins talks with NATO over incorporating it as a member nation, due to Russia's increasing naval activity in the Baltic.
The Vanguard II ICBM's are put into production. Each has a total of 4 independently-targeted warheads, 1.7 MT each (equivalent to 16 Hiroshimas). The missile itself has a range of 4000 miles (about Hawaii to Beijing). The current production rate is at 11 per year.
The PRTO denies that it has any goals to invade the SCO, and says it only seeks to reunify Vietnam under a democratic government.
Bhutan, hoping to cash in on the wealth of the SCO's economy, joins the organization and soon is able to grow its economy greatly mainly because it's a major crossroad between China, India, and Thailand.
The US stations its first batch of Vanguard II missiles throughout western Europe.
Talks continue with Sweden over NATO integration.
Due to recent advances in weapons development, the US (and NATO as a whole) begins to upgrade their M-14's to M-14A2, which utilizes a 30-round double column magazine, as well as fiberglass stocks and an optics rail. Many surplus M-14's are shipped to various democracy movements worldwide.
Through careful persuasion and promises of wealth and a larger military, Thailand is admitted to the SCO.
The SCO and the PRTO (and, indirectly, NATO) begin talks on what to do with North Korea.
PRTO stance: Complete integration of N. Korea into Korea itself, using military force if needed.
SCO stance: Also to complete the integration of both Koreas, but through the absolute use of force and partially through diplomacy.
Both agree to put diplomatic pressure on NK, and, that failing, (obviously), they would gradually apply economic sanctions, and if NK doesn't give in by 1975, military action will be taken by both groups.
Sweden is finally admitted into NATO after intense debate.
N. Vietnam finally capitulates, and the Republic of Vietnam is created. A sort of democratic nationalism begins to take hold in the PRTO, which really doesn't effect anything physically, but ties between the member states increase, as do ties with NATO collectively.
In order to lessen the increasing ethnic tensions between Turks and Kurds, the nation of Kurdistan is established. However, Kurds being both economically and socially conservative, it joins NATO with open arms.
Persia is admitted to NATO, in return for free improvement of their infrastructure.
- After the LAU 1963 conference, Peru joins LAU.
- The design of the Silver Tower space station is completed. It is designed to take 11 astronauts, and four Navy personnel. While ostensibly a research base, (it actually is), its main job is to function as a communications and targeting hub for the developing NATO missile defense network. It also has 12 anti-missile missiles, designed to take out ICBM's as they enter suborbital space. It is planned to be launched in pieces, starting in 1966 and ending in 1969, with it being manned by 1974.
- Czechoslovakia gets a new leader who isn't just a puppet of the Soviets. Although Czechoslovakia is still part of the Warsaw Pact, it is now fully independent, the first that two states of the Warsaw Pact are equals diplomatically.
- After an attack by Pakistani forces on patrolling Indian troops along their common border, the SCO declares war on Pakistan and sends a total 1,200,000 troops into Pakistan through its border with India and China, around 8,000 tanks soon follow these troops and they themselves are followed by a large series of fighter escorted bombers which bomb many vital Pakistan industrial centers including Islamabad and Karachi.
- Britain immediately condemns the war (as both nations are Commonwealth, and, by extension, part of the UK). NATO calls for an immediate halting of the war, with borders restored to antebellum status. NATO and the PRTO threaten sanctions on both nations if they don't immediately call a ceasefire.
- The USA's CFI is the highest of any nations (and still climbing), while its GDP is rising as well.
- After threats of sanctions on their economies, the SCO declares a unilateral ceasefire with Pakistan and pulls their forces out of Pakistan, which is by now still devastated by the enemy bombing attacks and tank battles. The SCO also remembers the Battle of Kalasha Valley, in which thousands of their troops were slaughtered because they were equipped different models of rifles and tanks, which required different types of ammunition and different amounts of fuel. They push their scientists and military experts to come up with a common rifle and tank model that not only can be accepted by all members, but also excels on the battlefield.
- NATO and the PRTO accept the M-14A2 as their universal standard rifle. Development begins on the Oberon, a new tank that is designed to be able to not only take down other comparable MBTs, but also be small, quick, and versatile enough to fight effectively in urban environments.
- Talks begin within Australia and NZ over integration with the PRTO, on one hand, it would cause both nation's status to be elevated throughout the world, and would most likely improve their economy, on the other hand, it would strain relations with Indonesia, which are already becoming tense over Aust. supporting of East Timor's independence.
- After a Conference of the LAU with other Latin American states, Guatemala and Honduras join LAU.
- The SCO scientists, after months of study and development finally develop a universal rifle to be put into use for all SCO nations, the model is called the Type 56, originally to be put into mass-production by the Chinese army, the project was postponed by the creation of the SCO. The rifle is a smash hit with all the member governments and almost instantly millions of the model are ordered and put into use in all SCO armies ASAP.
- The Soviet Union invades Afghanistan, fearing a NATO friendly Middle East.
After the SCO sees the the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan as a major threat to their nations, and as the NATO seeing them as a threat to their Middle East diplomatic mission, a joint counter-strike is launched by both blocs via Persia and China.
No more troops are sent into Afghanistan and the invasion begins to halt. The Soviets work on creating a Soviet friendly government similar to theirs in Afghanistan. Most of the troops that were focused on Afghanistan now have to defend against SCO troops.
The discussions over the formation of a government-in-exile in Canada, Australia or the US by the UK fall apart as each nation worries that this will attract more nuclear attacks on to their territory. The UK puts more research into nuclear defence at home. Test bunkers are built on uninhabited islands in the British Antarctic Territory to test the bunkers effectiveness against a nuclear assault.
NATO begins the development of an alliance-wide space-based ICBM defense network. Currently, only ground-launched interceptors are the only things that can take out missiles, and even then only as they launch. The current idea is to place missiles on observation satellites to take out ICBM's as they enter space.
The SCO creates the Shanghai Cooperative Space Agency as a way to apply their technologies and to enter the space race, soon designs for their first artifical satellite are created to be sent up by rocket.
The first modules for the Silver Tower are sent up, currently SEDD is not only designing a reusable spacecraft, but also a lander for the moon.
The first NATO satellite network is sent up, which, by '67, will give NATO complete communications over 80% of the Earth's surface. The satellites also feature cameras and transmitters in order to monitor large fleet movements by the WP and the SCO.
The People's Democratic Party of Afghanistan is formed, a Communist party that aims to gain control of the country. The Soviets openly help the PDPA.
The SCO and NATO form the Afghan Party for Freedom, a democratic party that gains much of the support in Baluchistan, and among the Hazaras.
Communist Rebellion in Indonesia failed, but create Communist Republic of Celebes.
The Soviet Union announces that they have successfully sent a dog into space. This confirms that they are a competitor in the race to space.
The SCO develops their new main battle tank called the Vijayanta, this new tank can go up to speeds as fast as 50 km/h (31 mph) and has armor up to 80 mm (3.1 in) in steel, also it carries the 105 mm L7A2 model tank gun. The new tank model is immediately sent into mass production and, as soon as possible, the new tanks are sent into service in Afghanistan in Anti-Soviet offensives.
NATO troops are called in by the current Afghan government to help protect the south, mainly Helmand. Among the new equipment used by NATO forces in this operation is the Oberon, the new alliance-wide MBT. It features a Rheinmetall RS33-120 120mm smooth-bore cannon that can not only fire standard shells, but depleted-uranium penetrators and rocket-propelled ammo. It also features an integrated satellite communications package. Other than that, it i just an improved version of the Centurion. While the basic design is kept the same throughout the alliance, various changes are made by individual nations to suit their preferences. It is put into mass production in Germany, UK, France, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, and the US.
Revolts arise in Czechoslovakia, asking for more political and civil freedoms. The Czechoslovakian government is forced to accept.
The Soviet army gets information from the locals and is able to use the mountainous terrain to their advantage. The Vijayanta is almost ineffective in the Afghani north.
Persia, Kurdistan and Turkey jointly design and produce their own version of the Oberon, known as the Saladin in Kurdistan, the Khan in Turkey, and the Cyrus in Persia. It is specifically designed for combat in the mountainous regions of Afghanistan, and proves to be quite effective there.
After seeing the ineffectiveness of their tanks, the SCO develops the Type 62 main battle tank, which is very effective in the desert.
NATO begins to discuss the idea of a partition of Afghanistan, with the Baluchis, western Pashtun, Hazaras, and Tajiks as a democratic state, and the east Pashtuns, Uzbeks, Turkmen, and Aioch as a Communist state.
Mongolia decides to sign the Warsaw Pact and allows Soviet Union exclusive access to rich source of Copper, following a national poll.
After riots in East Berlin, several vandals manage to blow a hole through the Berlin Wall, allowing nearly 3,000 East Germans to escape to West Berlin. Several East German and Soviet soldiers open-fire on the defectors, killing 22, wounding 31, and killing one West Berlin police officer. Also, eight East German soldiers escape as well, with several other East German soldiers behind them attempting to shoot them down. The loyal East German soldiers cross the Berlin Wall and eventually catch their comrades. This is viewed as an act of treason by West Germany. In response, West Germany officially closes all but one entrance/exit to East Berlin.
The Soviet Union promises Pakistan their help with a war against the SCO if Pakistan helps in Afghanistan. The SCO, obviously doesn't know this but sees Pakistan move against Afghanistan with Soviet help, and obviously, they make their assumptions. The Soviets have full control of the northern plain in Afghanistan.
Not wanting to risk a Soviet invasion via Afghanistan, the SCO send more troops into Afghanistan to capture northern territory from natives and the Soviets.
The Soviet army sends a number of ambushes the SCO's way as they are living with the locals in the mountains. Guerrilla warfare favors the Soviets at the moment.
Czechoslovakia sends more weapons and soldiers to help the USSR intervention in Afghanistan, while the Czech government seems stronger than ever.
(Haha, way to betray me, Czechoslovakia ☺<- Smiley face)
(Sorry, typo. I've already corrected it.)
The SCO, after catching on to the Soviet tactic, begins sending in Chinese-trained guerrilla fighters to combat the Soviets and now make guerrilla warfare part of their basic training.
NATO, realizing that Afghanistan is going to be the flashpoint for the next major conflict, does the unthinkable:
They send in the Marines.
Syria, Lebanon, Persia, and Turkey partially mobilize their armies, and send in their elite ملیشیا (Hiliwali, basically meaning special forces) into Afghanistan. The Hazaras become very friendly to the Allied forces, and soon control is expanded much farther north.
The Hazaras, Tajiks and Baluchis set up the Federal Republic of Afghanistan in the west.
Bell finishes its Huey helicopter design, and almost all the NATO nations begin to snap up all the different versions. Persia and Kurdistan put several to good use in Afghanistan, and soon the US follows their example.
The Shanghai Cooperative Space Agency makes a major breakthrough as they send the Tongyi (Mandarin for Unity) into orbit, their first artificial satellite which they use as a communication satellite between their command centers in China and India to Afghanistan.
The Saturn-5 rocket launches, and carries Buzz Aldrin, John Glenn and Thomas Jackson, Jr. to the Moon. It is seen as a major victory in the space race, and more money is pumped into SEDD.
The Silver Tower station is almost complete, and already has the 12 anti-ICBM's fitted. As it is still unmanned, it can be controlled from the ground.
The SCSA launches two more artificial communication satellites into orbit, one is for television broadcasting called Lianjie (Connection) that broadcasts in China and India and the other is another communications satellite that connects the Chinese president's office in Beijing with the president's office in New Delhi called Lianjie 2.
The Hiliwali and Marines make major gains in Afghanistan, and mostly stabilize the FRA. Many more of the Tajik tribes join the new nation, as well.
NATO begins integration of their Mediterranean naval forces, and restructures their worldwide command in order to better facilitate their handling of various conflicts.
Argentina and Brazil begin making overtures to NATO for membership, mainly because of the LAU's recent (and very alarming) expansions. These actions are generally supported in Argentina (mainly because of their pro-NATO policies, and their large population of western Europeans), and Brazil (because they fear a Spanish-speaking union uniting against them).
Pakistan becomes allies with the Warsaw Pact nations. With help from the Soviets the Pakistani army marches up the Laghman valley into Jalalabad, they take the city in the name of the Soviets.
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organization, seeing the war as a waist on resources and thinking it will only end in disaster, pulls out all troops from Afghanistan and signs a treaty of non-aggression with the Warsaw Pact afterwards.
- With all of the SCO troops leaving Afghanistan, the USSR gains control over all of the northern region, they also occupy Herat. Another portion of the army links up with Pakistani forces and they move on Kabul.
- The FRA joins NATO, and many troops, mainly from Syria and Lebanon move in.
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organization, hoping to extend its influence in Southeast Asia, accepts Siam and Cambodia as members, giving them greater influence in Asia, and putting pressure on Vietnam to join.
- The PRTO moves troops into Vietnam, while a new, anti-socialist president comes to power there.
- Because of Great Economic trade in South east Asia, the Latin American Union renames The Pan-Asiatic-Pan-American Organization after Brunei join. The currency is changed to the Asiamerica.
- Civil unrest starts on Czechoslovakia because of the tyrannical measures of the Communist regime.
- Civil unrest in East Pakistan stirs up as separatist feelings begin to rise due to strong democratic ideas being risen after Pakistan joins the Warsaw Pact, little attention is paid as most troops are off fighting in Afghanistan and the separatists show a little threat.
- NATO begins sending covert aid to Czech democratic activists and revolutionaries.
- The civil unrest in East Pakistan, which was overseen by the government, turns into anarchy as East Pakistan declares its independence as the People's Republic of Bangladesh, asking for instant support from the SCO. Meanwhile, Pakistan is forced to withdraw from the Afghanistan War to deal with its internal problems, and to stop the possible spread of anarchy across WP borders, is temporarily suspended from the WP.
- Indonesia does not agreed independence of Bangladesh.
- After a year of civil unrest and fighting on Czechoslovakia, a rebel army takes the second city of Bratislava. The Czechoslovakian Civil War has started.
- After an emergency meeting of the SCO in Shanghai, a resolution is passed and the SCO sends troops to Bangladesh to assist in their fight for independence as Pakistani forces arrive by sea.
- Israel finds huge deposits of oil in the Negev Desert, and form the Israeli Oil Company, which is only rivaled by Saudi Arabia and other middle eastern nations
- Israel launches its first satellite, the Yitzhak Rabin 1, a TV satellite
- The SCO's army pushes through from the north and west into Bangladesh, helping rebels capture many cities, such as Rajshahi, Rangpur and Mymensingh, in just a matter of weeks. At the same time, a combined SCO fleet, which was a very unbelievable idea previously, blockades the southern coast, preventing any Pakistani re-inforcements from helping those already inside the country.
- West Germany sends forth its military forces against East Germany, declaring war on the Warsaw Pact. As they cross enemy territory, East German civilians greet their liberators just as the West German citizens congratulate their men for starting the so-called "Glorious German Revolution" against the Soviets. Parts of Czechoslovakia are also invaded. The West Germans seek aid from France, Britain, Israel, Belgium, and the US. World War III had begun!
- Sweden officially send their letter to the Non-Aligned Movement in order to withdraw from the organization. On the other hand they send another letter to NATO asking for admission into NATO.
- After withdrawing from the NAM, Sweden doesn't feel any need for joining NATO. It attends talks with Finland, Norway, Iceland, Denmark, Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, San Marino, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Malta and Monaco to propose the League of European Neutrals and Microstates (LENM).
- Brazil begins to rise prominently on the world stage after large scale riots and an investigation expose a fixed election bringing a highly nationalistic party into power. The Brazilian Conservative party is now in control of Brazil as it models its business along the lines of the capitalist nations. The party announces a military expansion and modernization program. Republic of Brazil extends trade to multiple South American nations, the United States, and the SCO looking to gather trade partners regardless of affiliation. The Export of recently exploited oil wells begins the economic rise of Brazil. Brazil welcomes trading partners of all creeds and persuasions.