The idea of the Choose Your Own Alternate History! series is similar to the popular "Choose Your Own Adventure" books: the story is entirely dependent on your choices after you reach a certain part of the story. More than one divergence per section will be allowed, but remember: It has to be realistic!
First POD: Hitler DiesIt is decided that Adolf Hitler, the dictatorial "Führer" in charge of the Nazi Party, must die. But when do you do it?
Divergence One - 1927
Divergence Two - 1933
Divergence Three - 1940
Divergence Four - 1961
Divergence Five - 1971
Second POD: Prussia's Choice
The War of the Third Coalition draws nigh, and the powers are arranging on both sides. Russia and Austria have sided with England against Napoleonic France. Prussia, however, stands at a crossroads. Should they side with France, stay completely neutral or side with the Coalition at a point where they can make a difference? The choice could affect the power structure in Europe forever ...
Divergence One - Side with France
Divergence Two - Side with the Coalition at a point where they can make a difference
Divergence Three - Stay neutral through Hell and high water
Third POD: Civil World War
The American Civil War has been going on for three years and the tides are beginning to change. It's July 1st and in Gettysburg a battle has just begun. Confederates loses are heavy. They realize that if they don't get any help then they'll lose Gettysburg and maybe even the war. Who answers the South's plea for help?
Divergence One - Great Britain
Divergence Two - Germany
Divergence Three - Russia
Divergence Four - Their plea falls on death's ears.
Another addition to the CYOAH series, Hindsight History will allow you to become the clairvoyant leader of the world's greatest nations, overcome the challenges of the era and lead your civilization to glory!
Issue One - Roman Empire - You think you would have made a fine Roman emperor? Only one way to find out!
Officer In The War
You wake up with an amnesia. Who are you? What are you? As your memory slowly returns, you find out what you are and what you're supposed to do.
Let's start - Wake up!
Rules (PLEASE READ IF YOU HAVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE)
- No use of "Alien Space Bats."
- Realism is a must: No Switzerland taking over the world in a year, sorta thing.
- The controllers of the CYOAH (aka: me, him and him, too) will have the ability and authority to change or delete anything that doesn't follow the rules. No ifs, ands or buts about it. Two of us are administrators, so don't mess with us.
- More than one divergence per section will be accepted.
- The first POD shall not be changed ever. A second may be added at a later date, but for now one will do.
- Keep it different; remember, by choosing a different path, virtually everything will be changed!
- You can go more than once, but please refer to the rule above.
- If you create a page, sign it!
- Remember that this is still part of a Timeline, so add (CYOAH) to all titles, to maintain togetherness.
- Link the article that leads to the one you are on, so it is easier to go back. But, just one is all right (don't go back to the first POD!), to make it easier (ex: from Hitler is betrayed: 1940 (CYOAH), if on Hitler Is Killed by RAF (CYOAH)). And please add it to the TOP of the page, again, to maintain togetherness.
- Add "Category:Choose Your Own Alternate History!" to every page, without the quotation marks.
- Don't be afraid to end the story line! As long as it ends with a conclusion to the result of the previous divergences, it will be fine.
- Skip through the years a bit. It's not necessary that every divergence be right after the end of the previous one.
- Only registered contributors of good standing (at least 75 edits) can edit CYOAH, due to increasingly ridiculous and unrealistic additions. If you are a new user with less than 75 edits, but sure that you can make CYOAH better, a special consideration can be made.
- If any additions are made by an unregistered contributor, they will be deleted! The only possible way they may be accepted is if they are by either Jazon, Azecreth or me. If there is no support from any of us, it will be deleted.
- And, lastly, only one of the controllers can add a new main POD to this page. Any created by anyone else without our permission will be deleted! This is only to keep CYOAH from getting too large, too fast.
- Due to the large number of pages in CYOAH, it has become necessary to tidy up a bit. Therefore, all articles will now have a sub-category relating back to the first POD on this page (ex: every article that leads from the Hitler Dies: 1927 (CYOAH) article will also now have a title to go along with the link, and so on, so forth).
Here is what a well-made CYOAH page will look like;
Previous - [Insert previous link here]
[Words explaining what is going on, there is no amount too small or too grand, though try to keep this section under fifteen lines, and more than two lines.]
[The question that was prompted by the above paragraph(s)] (If it is the end of the story line, place "End of Story line" instead of a question and choices)
- Choice One
- Choice Two
- Choice Three
- Choice Four (You ought to have at least two choices, but not more than four.)
[Your signature, or four tildes (~) in a row]
Anyway, let's get started!
Signed, The Creator, Tbguy1992
P.S.: If you like this idea, let me know! Message, E-mail, snail mail, telegram, Pony Express, homing pigeon, or smoke signals, I don't care, but let me know!
We Did It!
Congratulations everyone, for we have finally hit the big one-oh-oh (100) pages! Good work, and hopefully we will soon reach 200!
Also, The first POD provided, Hitler Dies: 1927 (CYOAH) is nearing completion, as more and more of the TL's are starting to reach the end of their stories, as created by you. Good job!
Tbguy1992 02:22, August 16, 2010 (UTC)