In this world, the Mayans & the Aztecs where the only people in the world who knew about chocolate. Hernán Cortés never brought Cacao back from Mexico because he found the Xocolatl (predecessor of chocolate with a salty taste) flavor very disgusting. Instead that, Europeans that visited the empire during the XVI and XVII centuries were seduced by anohter new (for Europeans) flavor: the tlilxochitl (OTL vainilla)
Tlilxochitl (vanilla) names:
- Nahuatl: Tlilxõchitl
- Quechua: Tilxochit
- Arabic: الثيلشوشيت (al-Thilshoshith)
- Chinese: 巧克力 (Riuzhoregu)
- English: Tilshot
- French: Tilçois
- German: Tilschocht
- Greek: Tιλχότι (Tilhoti)
- Italian: Tilccoti
- Japanese: チョコレー (Tirushoteru)
- Russian: Tилщoтc (Tilshshots)
- Spanish: Tilsochite
Most of history is the same but there are a lot of differences.
- This world does have companies such Hershey's and Nestle; but their principal product are vainilla creme bars.
- Chocolate (Xocoatl in nahuatl) still being somekind of traditional drink, with a bitter and salty flavor with the same recipe since the III century.