- The Nazis force a Soviet Surrender at Stalingrad
- In history's largest tank confrontation Germans overwhelm Soviet forces in Eastern Ukraine.
- Moscow falls to the German Army in September. Joseph Stalin
and the politburo flee from the city. Regiments The Red Army becomes separate from one another. The oncoming winter eventually halts the German line at the city of Kazan.
- In January Joseph Stalin dies of "heart attack" though such
cause is suspect, open infighting occurs at the provisional Soviet capital of Orsk. General Zhukov assumes command.
- From April-October the Germans surge across Russian Europe. The Soviet defense line in the winter stabilizes in December.
- German occupied Russia undergoes massive ethnic cleansing including mass death camps and expulsions.
- Rommel defects to the Americans after a failed assassination plot against Hitler.
- Zhukov dies of poisoning. A previously insignificant officer
seizes control of the Red Army, major Communist Party officers are executed in March. Modern day estimates conclude that over thirty million "Soviets" died had died by this time.
- Great Britain retreats most forces from Europe to step up defenses in there homeland.
- Ireland incorporates conscription but still remains neutral.
- The Japanese surrenders after the first nuclear attack in
history obliterates Osaka-Kobe. The military of the United States begins to occupy mainland Japan. Russians seize the northern fringes of Japanese territory in Japan's surrender.
- The Imperial Army of Japan retains control of much of coastal
China until the end of the year. The majority of Japanese officers in mainland Asia officially surrender upon the approach of Japanese and American envoys insisting the war has ended.
- President DeValera gives a speech in the Dail declaring: "I
pledged that Ireland remain neutral in world affairs. Now, with the recent situation in the world deteriorating, i don't know what's going to happen next. Either Ireland chooses a side or a side chooses Ireland. We must make that decision, or that decision will be made for us. Which is why i propose that Ireland join the Allies. No-one here would want Nazi Germany to win in Europe, as it would unleash a nightmare beyond what we can comprehend." The speech is met with thunderous applause in the Dail, and Ireland begins negotiations with the Americans for weapons as Ireland makes clear its intentions.
- The Republic of China assumes control of Japanese occupied
territories, regional peasant revolts occur throughout the Yellow and Yangtze river valleys
- The M-25 (OTL AK-47) goes into production. Within 6 months, it becomes the standard issue US military rifle.
- On April fools day major pull men demonstrations occur in the
United States as a result of hardships from the war now running at six years. After four days, the President passes the "National Security Declaration" permitting the military to draft all wartime strikers at will. This incident is remembered as "The Bloody Fools Day".
- Douglas MacArthur is elected president amidst fervor from America's voting blocs.
- Mao Zedong is killed by an OSS assassin. The Chinese communists collapse soon afterward.
- The B-52 bomber enters service. Raids on Germany become commonplace.
- In the United States the Douglas administration passes several
new laws prohibiting war time dissent and draft dodging. German Americans are increasingly suspect.
- Moscow is liberated by a joint American/Chinese/Russian/Commonwealth force.
- German possessions fall in North Africa to the Allies, Tunis was the last German stronghold.
- Operation Midnight Sun: An American B-52 drops a hydrogen bomb
over Berlin. All life and matter was vaporized within a 10 mile radius. Hitler is vaporized instantly along with the majority Nazi Party apparatus. The following days saw infighting between remaining party figures and military leadership
- A military coup under comes into effect immediately after the nuclear blast. A triumvirate of moderates is set up in Germany.
- What's left of the Third Reich surrenders to the Allies and the generals Eisenhower and Patton. The Second World War is over.
- President MacArthur wins a second term.
- As the Sole Superpower, the United States decides to undertake
rebuilding the world. huge donations of aid are given to Eurasia and Latin America. In order to prevent WW3 from happening, Russia, Germany, China, France and Turkey all form an organization "The Eurasian Union" in order to promote trade and co-operation.
- The radiation levels drop in Berlin.
- The United States begins to invest in a space program to help boost the economy.
Britain grants India Dominion status, as to stop its Empire from falling apart. They also test a hydrogen bomb independently. The USA introduces the nuclear submarine.
- John F. Kennedy wins the election against Barry Goldwater.
- George Romney elected President in a narrow, controversial election
- The United States puts a man on the moon.
- Eager to get in on it, Britain also begins a space programme as an independent effort.
- Robert F Kennedy is elected in a landslide.
- Britain launches its first space probe from Fiji. It is agreed
that the space programme would be a commonwealth effort, with mission control in Winnipeg. What is now called the Space Race begins.
- President Kennedy signs a bill improving American infrastructure, namely in major urban areas.
- The Eurasian Union also publicly declares that they would get a Space Programme up and running.
- Bobby Kennedy reelected
- Britain gets its first man into space.
- The United States begins a mars project as well as plans for a moon base.
- Ronald Reagan elected President
- The United States lands a man on Mars.
- Project Moonbase is established, creating a small base on the
Moon with five inhabitants. It is hoped over the decade that it would expand to house 40 people.
- Reagan wins a second term.
- The EU get a man on Luna.
- Project Moonbase has expanded for 67 people by this stage, allowing for more research on the feasibility of settling the moon.