Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Latest World News
The World News Network will always bring you the latest news from the Austria-Hungarian Assassin timeline!
Brazil: Further investigation of the Rio Branco Mining Incident revealed that the US-based Texaco Oil committed several safety violations which resulted in the death of forty-seven miners. Tensions between the US and Brazil have risen after this disaster.
France: The Standards of the IX Imperial Guard Legion were returned to France by Germany today in a very highly publicized ceremony. The return of the Standards are seen as a great boost to Franco-German relations.
US: February 15th, 2011: Senator James Gardener wins the states of Ohio, Minnesota and Kansas, clinching the Democratic nomination for President.
U.K.: February 9th, 2011: Queen Anne gives birth to a baby boy, thus securing a legitimate heir to the throne and continuing King Charles III's dynasty. Thousands crowd around the Buckingham Palace to see the new Crown Prince.
Australia: February 1st, 2011: Following the recent elections the National Party secures the majority in the Provincial Representative Assembly. However, the Whig Party still holds a slight majority in the Continental Representative Council. Recent polls, however, show the majority of the population favors National Party candidate Harold Ferguson over current Prime Minister Charles Aubrey IV.
Point of Divergence and Background
On June 28th, 1914 Crown Prince George I was touring the Serbian province of North Banat when he was shot to death in his car by Austria-Hungarian student Hanz Frauelen. This led to a Serbian invasion, which triggered the Central Alliance, calling for all nations to come to Austria-Hungaria's aid. Romania, Italy and Germany invaded Russia, Serbia, France, and later on various colonies in Africa and in th Pacific. After Japan's admittance into the Central alliance the Entente quickly collapsed as various colonies were captured and German and Italian troops overran France while Austria-Hungary and Romania led an offensive into Russia. The Treaty of Versailles was signed shortly after and the Central Powers emerged victorious.
Over the next decades the German Empire would consolidate its power on the continent while Japan strengthened its hold over the Pacific and East Asia through various wars. Much of this alternate history covers what would have happened (in my opinion) if Germany had won WW1, including arts, films, music, and wars.
OTL vs. ATL
This alternate history covers a very different future where different events took place, such as:
- Serbia invaded Austria-Hungary, and thus since the Central Powers were not the aggressors Italy and Romania remain loyal to Germany rather than switching sides after claiming that Austria-Hungary had been the aggressor.
- Japan joins the Central Powers rather than the Entente.
- The Central Powers win WW1.
- Germany remains an Empire as it was a victor of WW1. Because of this the harsh terms of the French in the Treaty of Versailles were never inflicted and so Adolf Hitler does not ride the wave of anti-semitism into power. Adolf Hitler does, however, become a Major General in the German Imperial Army. However, he was not a racist anti-semite.
- Austria-Hungary remains one nation and thus is not divided. However, it is a weak state and often must be aided by Germany to put down internal rebellions and Slavic terrorist attacks.
- The Ottoman Empire still exists as it was one of the victors of WW-I. Thus there are very few independent states in the Middle East as most of the region is under Ottoman control.
- Australia declares independence and forms a separate Republic of Australia.
- The German Empire, fearful of Bolshevism sends troops to put down the October Revolution and so Russia remains a weak, backward nation under the Russian Provisional Government. The Soviet Union never forms and instead Russia becomes the "Democratic Republic of Russian Provinces."
- After the failed Bolshevik Revolution most of the Communist leaders fled to Mexico and established a Communist nation there. To combat Communism in South America the United States sends heavy military and economic aid to the Empire of Brazil, which has not collapsed as the failed 1889 revolution was put down by the overwhelming numbers of the Imperial supporters.
- As Germany never ceases its colonial ambitions much of Africa and some of the Pacific still belongs to the German Empire. Italy and the Ottoman Empire both control equal portions of North Africa. However, a tension forms between the two nations over who is the "Master of the North", which Germany takes care to keep under control.
- By 2011 the world is divided into three superpowers: Japan rules Asia, Germany rules Europe, and the United States rules the Americas. The three are neck-at-neck technologically and economically, however the German Space Program is much more advanced than that of the U. (as there were no anti-semetic laws Jews such as Albert Einstein did not flee Germany and instead remained there).
- 1918: Central Victory in WW-
. Treaty of Versailles forces large territorial and monetary reparations from France and smaller ones from the UK and Russia.
- 1919: Formation of Imperial States, formally annexing the newly acquired lands into the German Empire. Japan forms "Oversea Prefectures" and begins to formally annex islands and such into the Empire as well.
- 1920: Following the failed Bolshevik Revolution, the Communist leaders (Leon Trotsky, Vladimir Lenin) flee to Mexico, where they successfully overthrow the weak government and establish the People's Republic of Mexico.
- 1921: Formation of Scandinavian Union to combat German Influence in Sweden, Norway and Finland.
- 1922: Australian Civil War begins. Queensland declares independence as the "Queensland Republic."
- 1923: Expansion of German colonies. Kaiser Wilhelm II establishes Kaiserkolonialverwaltung to manage and keep the colonies under control.
- 1924: Rapid industrialization of Communist Mexico. The United States establishes good relations with the Empire of Brazil, stating "It is good to have a strong friend in a house full of weak enemies."
- 1925: Central American War breaks out. Mexico quickly conquers and annexes Ecuador, El Salvador and Honduras. Nicaragua willingly joins the Communist movement and the "Union of Socialist American States" is created (USAS).
- 1926: End of Australian Civil War. Queensland Republic disbanded and union is restored. Australian officials begin the long arduous process of repairing the nation.
- 1927: Unification War launched by Ottoman Empire to expand territories. Afghanistan, Mesopotamia, Persia and Arabia annexed into Empire.
- 1928: Gold discovered in multiple areas of Australia. Tens of thousands flock to the "Golden Continent" in search of gold.
- 1929: Kaiser Wilhelm II dies of a stroke while on vacation to East Prussia. Mourning for the great Emperor lasts for over a month. Crown Prince Ferdinand succeeds his father and becomes the fourth Emperor of Germany.
- 1930: French Democratic Republic overthrown by imperialist Paul Reynaud who establishes "Third French Empire," declaring himself to be Emperor Paul Reynaud Bonaparte.
- 1931: The USAS invades Venezuela and is blockaded by the United States and the Empire of Brazil in response. The USAS demands the blockade be lifted. However, the US stoutly refuses.
- 1932: Panama Gulf Incident breaks out, eventually leading to the Great Pacific War between the Empire of Japan and its allies and the United States and its allies.
- 1933: Ottoman Empire signs "Axis Oil Agreement" which guarantees exclusive oil trade with Germany, Italy and Japan much to the objections of the United States and United Kingdom.
- 1934: Germany remains neutral in Great Pacific War but sends aid to Japan. Japanese invasion of United States at high water mark.
- 1935: German refusal to return Alsace and Lorraine back to France. French military mobilized, along with the United Kingdom's and Scandinavian Union. The Central Powers begin to mobilize their own militaries as well.
- 1936: Japanese driven from most of North America. Australian invasion of New Guinea successful and threaten to invade the Home Islands. France invades Germany along with the Scandinavian Union and Britain. Beginning of the Vengeance War.
- 1937: Operation Booth is carried out. Germany and Austria-Hungary manage to repel initial French invasion. However, the Scandinavian invasion is much more successful. Great Britain manages to defeat the Italian navy in the Mediterranean Sea.
- 1938: End of Great Pacific War. Kona Peace Summit secures peace between the superpowers and extracts punitive damages from the Empire of Japan. The USAS is stripped of all territories won during Pacific War and US obtains Yucatan Peninsula as an extension of California.
- 1939: United States and Russia remains neutral during the Vengeance War. However, the tide soon turns against the Continental Alliance. At the First Congress of Vienna the C.A. settled various terms of peace with the Central Powers, including more reparations, the ceding of more territory to Italy, and the annexation of certain territories.
- 1940: Kaiser Ferdinand pronounces "10,000-jähriger Frieden" citing Germany's goal to work for peace in Europe. The Third French Empire quickly follows its example, working for better relations with Germany.
- 1941: World Economy stagnates. Russia feels the worst of he depression and soon slides deep into debt.
- 1946: Russia slowly slides into deeper into debt. President Stalin assassinated by socialists.
- 1947: Russian government dissolves. The Mayhem begins.
- 1949: Race for Russia breaks out between Germany and the United States.
- 1950: Race for Russia ends in US victory. New Republic of Russia established under US mentorship.
- 1951: First elections held in Republic of Russia. Khrushchev elected first Prime Minister of Russia.
- 1953: Kaiser Ferdinand assassinated in the Silver Coup. Prince Albert and Crown Prince Frederick soon begin to battle for the throne.
- 1956: Belgium, Denmark and the Baltic States join the Scandinavian Union.
- 1957: Oil discovered in Canada. US secures oil rights in Canada from Great Britain.
- 1960: End of Silver Coup. Prince Albert executed and all involved tried and executed. Prince Frederick proclaimed Emperor.
- 1961: Germany detonates first Atomic Weapon. US and other nations scramble for their own nukes
- 1962: Space Race begins. Imperial Space Exploration Program (ISEP) set up by Germany to counter American created NASA.
- 1963: US and many other nations obtain nuclear weapons. Germans send first man into space.
- 1965: German astronaut Joseph Landa lands on the moon, ending the space race.
- 1966: Under German and US leadership the Peaceful Coalition of Nations is created to maintain order and peace.
- 1970: Taiwan Conflict. Full scale war averted thanks to PCN efforts.
- 1974: African Riots break out. The riots end after the establishment of a purely African ruled nation. However, Germany still retains large amounts of territory in Africa.
- 1978: Inspired by the African Riots several riots break out across the Ottoman Empire. Sultan Omar al-Khaleb is lynched by a mob after his daily visit to the local mosque. His son, being only nine and too young to take office is proclaimed Sultan. However, Omar's nephew Selim III takes power as Grand Regent. The riots are soon suppressed using violent methods.
- 1982: Emperor Kurasaki appoints liberal the very liberal Ike Kurihara as Shogun.
- 1983: Shogun Kurihara assassinated by the Minamoto Clan. Following angry protests and riots the entire clan is ordered to commit seppuku, over five hundred altogether. Few flee in shame to Okinawa.
- 1984: Creation of Grande Wall. Tensions between USAS and the United States become very high.
- 1985: Yucatan Missile Crisis. World on the brink of nuclear war.
- 1987: United States agrees to remove missiles from Yucatan in exchange for removal of nuclear weapons from Mexico.
- 1993: German Mars Expedition results in the Bismark Disaster.
- 1996: Kurihara Decree is issued in Japan, giving more rights to women and peasants.
- 1998: Joseph Kony comes to power in the pure African nation of Swaziland.
- 2000: Beginning of new millennium.
- 2004: Joint United States-German expedition launched to Mars.
- 2005: The Hitler lands on Mars.