Mod event: Russia prepares for Swedish invasion with a naval fleet of 20 ships and 700,000 troops. Denmark and the Netherlands sign a mutual defense treaty.
- Bavaria HM King Maximilian decides to improve the royal Bavarian army, and orders an inspection of its current state. He also begins a nation building campaign to unite the different cultures and religions into one solid nation under his rule.
- Sweden Charles XIII is unhappy with the spread of Catholicism in the Finnish lands, and blames the growing Russian influence in the area. 230,000 troops, 65,000 irregular cavalry and 40 cannons begin to assemble in forts at the Swedish-Russian border in anticipation of a planned attack on the Catholic threat. Sweden seeks to open an embassy to the Ottoman Empire to strengthen relations between the two nations.
- United Kingdom: Due to the cost of the war from on the continent and the heavy impact on trade, several new laws are passed through parliament in order to protect British businesses while the army is reduced in size, with the money taken from its budget to be spent on the Navy instead. The Leeds to Liverpool canal is completed and a monument to Admiral Nelson is built in Edinburgh. British foreign policy is decided as preserving the "balance of power in Europe, while trying not to become entangled in any major alliances".
- Belgium: Fearful of the Netherlands' alliance with Denmark, Belgium asks Sweden for an alliance to counter the Netherlands' treaty. Belgium begins working on their industry, seeking to become a great industrial power.
- Sweden is happy to form an alliance, but wonders why there is cause for concern in the Dutch-Danish coalition. We are all Protestant countries and should be combating the ignorant Catholics, not each other.
- Belgium believes that the Netherlands may be jealous of their lost lands (us), but we are happy to negotiate with them.
- Sweden agrees to form an alliance and keep an eye of the Netherlands in future.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: Offers France unrestricted military access as well as gold and a royal marriage in exchange for the island of Corsica. Piedmont-Sardinia also begins building of the navy and offers higher wages for sailors, and increases size of its army. Also Piedmont-Sardinia begins to hire privateers to harass ships in the Baltic Sea to disrupt trade.
- France: We accept your Gold, military access and royal marriage with pleasure.
- Greece rebels from Ottoman rule, and a small independent Greek state is founded near Kalamata. The Greeks continue to expand their small country. Greece also asks for recognition from other states, both Catholic and Protestant.
- Sweden recognises the new state and sends four fine courtesans for the Greek royalty as a gift.
- Piedmont-Sardinia recognizes Greece as a state and offers a trade agreement as well as sends funds to combat the Ottomans.
- France: We will aid you in any way we can,
- Bavaria: Offers aid to Greece, and the king offers his brother, 21 year old Karl-Theodore as a candidate to be king of Greece. (A similar thing happened OTL.)
- Papal States: The Pope requests a trade agreement to Piedmont-Sardinia, Naples and the Austrian Empire, claiming that the Italian peninsula should be together in the future times. Investments were made in industries around Rome and to the development of the military. The Pope called all the catholic nations to a conference in Rome to discuss a possible help to the Greek rebels.
- Piedmont-Sardinia accepts the trade agreement.
- France: We will aid the Greeks, to fight for their independence, with the sole condition for them to take Constantinople.
While this, we ask Spain to cede Louisiana to Franceand the army begins building up, France declares neutrality in any future conflict outside the Greek independence, and if they take the Nova Roma we will openly enter their independence war.
- Denmark: Asks to join Sweden's alliance with Belgium hoping Netherlands will revoke all claims on Flemish land. Prepares to aid Sweden against Russia. Sends a fleet of 25 ships as well as 600,000 infantry men. Begins a massive navy build-up, like their army does.
- Sweden happily forms an alliance with Denmark, and thanks them for their military assistance.
1816.5Mod event: The Netherlands claim the Danish-Dutch alliance to simply be a continuation of the alliance that already exists. It wishes to offer mutual defense agreement to all Protestants. The Russian Tsar suddenly dies and the new Tsar prepares for attack on the Ottomans.
Someone please do the map for me. I'm away for one or two days. Laptop_Zombie 13:12, December 24, 2012 (UTC)
If the yellowish orangish state in Southern Germany is meant to be Bavaria, then I must admit it is way too big. Could someone perhaps change it to the OTL post-Vienna Congress borders, found here, as I don't want an unfair or unrealistic advantage, and such a spread-out and multi-ethnic/religious nation will be hard to govern. Thanks, Callumthered (talk) 07:39, December 25, 2012 (UTC)
I was under the impression that it was not just Bavaria, but all Catholic states of the HRE. Nevertheless, it should not be that big and will change it after Christmas dinner :3 Pavillion (talk) 11:12, December 25, 2012 (UTC)
It was at first meant to be representing all Protestants - allied German states
- Sweden: The navy's presence in the Baltic Sea is strengthened, while troops begin to march on Saint Petersburg and Danish ships bombard the docks of the city. Research into railroads begin.
- Belgium: We join the Protestant alliance happily, ready to assist any nation in the alliance as needed. We recognize the Greek state. We begin working on military, and research into primitive factories begin.
- Denmark: Danish ships land on Russia. Mass waves of troops march through the cities, burning every city they pass to the ground. Research begins on railroads also.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: The number of hired pirates and privateers in the Baltic increases greatly in response to the Protestant invasion of Russia. M
eanwhile, the newly increased navy and army are used to invade northern Tunisia. As this happens modernization begins and forts are being built in the mountainous and hilly regions of the country.
- Papal States: The Pope condemns the Sweden-Denmark attack on Russia, but doesn't enter the war. He also recognizes Greece as an independent nation and offer naval support to the new country but requests a trade agreement. The Pope also announced the creation of a Mercenary Corps inside the Papal Army and started recruitment inside Papal States and plan to recruit also outside. He also plans to start researches with Papal scientists and created the Papal Center of Science, offering Piedmont-Sardinia to join the researches to improve the speed of researches in both nations.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: We accept the invitation.
- Greece thanks all the states that have helped it in the revolt against the Ottomans, and agrees to all trade agreement offers. A capital is founded in Kalamata, and the Greeks push north on the western side of the Peloponnese towards Araxos.
- Bavarian D HM again offers his brother as a candidate to be king of Greece, and also offers 2000 Bavarian troops to assist the Greeks.
- Russian Diplomacy: Offers the Greeks to join our alliance, as we are the closest major force to crush the Ottoman Empire, and could help build your military up.
- France:We continue asking the Greeks to do a fast push in the Ottoman Empire and take over Constantinople or a major victory against the Ottomans if you succeed we will aid you at achieving and keeping independence.
- Russian Empire: A messenger is sent to all of Russia's allies, asking for their help in fighting off the Protestant threat, as they have invaded our great Empire. The Imperial Russian Army is authorized to fight back against the Swedish and Danish attacks near the Baltic Territories. An attack on the Ottoman Empire is considered bad timing by many Royal experts, saying that the Swedish and Danish will likely enlist their Alliance against our vast territory. However, there is still a massive reserve for the Imperial Russian Empire, the current Tsar says, saying that they plan to enlist soldiers from the Caucasus region, namely Georgian and ethnic Armenians, to make the Caucasian Division, which will fight against the Ottoman Empire, and bring back the historical Greater Armenia within the Russian Empire (It is also rich in many minerals, making it a further bonus for Russia). It's a great time for weapons manufacturer, as many as 100,000 men are hired by the Imperial Arms Company, especially as there are looks into developing a new type of musket rifle, named the Alexander I rifle, in memory of the previous Tsar. Since Alexander I had no sons, his brother, Constantine I, names himself, Emperor of All Russia, and it's his decision to invade the Ottoman Empire. The Imperial Russian Navy suffers massive losses early in the war from the Swedish and Danish Navies. However, it is known that Russia has the third largest Navy in the world, only behind the British and French, and many ships are sent to perform a counterattack against the Invading Force in the Baltics, with plans to build up a massive force on the Black Sea coastline, which is surrounded by the Ottoman Empire.
- Bavaria The Investigation on the army commissioned last year has come back with quite disappointing results: many units are not at full strength, and many soldiers and officers are on unapproved leave. HM appoints a team of experts to fix the problems. HM a,so tours the country, unveiling statues and generally improving national spirit. Bavaria decides to remain neutra in the Balkan war for now.
1817Mod event: The Netherlands send a fleet of 15 ships to Russia aiding the Swedish - Danish alliance, and offer Greece alliance. The French Navy is devastated as plague struck Switzerland, France and the Austrian Empire. An earthquake struck the Ottomans.
I gave Bavaria a more realistic size, and redistributed German, Austrian, Russian and Northern Polish lands slightly to even out the land lost and gained by the change. Pavillion (talk) 11:21, December 25, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for making Bavaria more realistic! Could I further trouble you by asking if you could perhaps make the Palatinate Bavaria's colour? (It's the blobby exclave to the west, see the Wikipedia map of Bavaria). I'd do it myself, but I'm away on holidays. Callumthered (talk)
- Sweden thanks its allies for aiding it in the war against Russia. The Battle of St. Petersburg begins to turn in favour of the Russians thanks to their navy, but the arrival of Dutch ships quickly turns the tables of the defending nation. The flags of Sweden, the Netherlands and Denmark are hoisted above the walls of Palace Square despite the fact that much of the southern city is still held by Russian forces. Casualties are high on both sides, and Sweden begins to deploy ten cannons and 20,000 more troops to the city. A crackdown on mysterious pirates is held in the Baltic Sea, as Sweden believes they are Russian in origin (which is wrong).
- Denmark: A few more ships and 15,000 more armed soldiers land on Russia. Cannons are laid all over occupied St. Petersburg. Danish paramilitants sneak into Russian St. Petersburg and burn a lot of their food and other supplies thinking if they destroy their economy Russia will surrender. Denmark officially recognizes Greece as an independent state, and will aid them in defeating the Ottomans as soon as we defeat Russia.
- Russian Empire: As Swedish, Dutch and Danish ships and military repeatedly attack St. Petersburg, Constantine I has no plans to surrenders, and appears to soldiers still based in the Empire's Capital, saying that he won't leave, as that would be cowardly for the Emperor of All Russias to leave his country at need. Unfortunately for the Russians, the French and Austrians appear to be going through a plague of unknown determination. A messenger is sent to Great Britain, asking for their powerful Navy to help defend Russia. The Invasion of the Ottoman Empire is put on hold, in order to send all available soldiers to the North, to fend off the Invasion.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: Deciding that the Protestant Invasion of Russia was going badly, we send our most of out fleet and army into into the north
and seize Iceland in a surprise attack and begin destroying settlements in Greenlandand begin the first landings onto Iceland, and send several ships to ferry 7,00 soldiers and six cannons to the Crimean Peninsula to march northwith 600 soldiers on them to Greece, offering these troops in return for large quantities of wine and three dozen Greek soldiers, we also ask Great Britain for military access.
- Swedish D: We must point out that the troops you have landed in Crimea will never reach St. Petersburg in time to provide a decent defense. You may as well turn back, and stop seizing Danish lands with little to no motivation while you're at it.
- Mod: Piedmont-Sardinian troops will die very quickly in that way even when they haven't reached Greenland and Iceland yet. How could your army arrive at Greenland and Iceland?
- Via Boat.
- It would take far more than half a year to sail all the way from Sardinia/Piedmont in 1817 to Iceland AND Greenland, then commit a "surprise attack" that siezes the entire islands to you. Pavillion (talk)
- Fair enough.
- Papal States: In order to help the Greeks, the Papal Navy together with the army are sent to invade Crete and Cyprus, while sends weapons and funds to the new Greek State. With the help of the Piedmont-Sardinia in the researches, the speed is almost double and the Pope promises to share the technologies discovered with Piedmont-Sardinia. The Greeks are invited to participate the Papal Center of Science and will be granted to then all the technologies available in the Papal States. The Mercenary recruitment is a success and is expanded to Naples and Sicilia.
- Greece accepts the alliance with the Netherlands and Sweden-Denmark, and also accepts the Bavarian Prince to become the future King of Greece, on one condition: He MUST marry a Greek woman. The troops push towards Patras on the northern coast of the Pelopponese. Greece also thaks Piedmont-Sardinia and the Papal States for support of their fledgling nation.
- Piedmont-Sardinia D: So do you accept our offer?
- Bavaria Prince Karl Theodore sails to Greece to be crowned King. Upon his arrival, he swears to marry a Greek woman, and to convert to Greek Orthodox. With him is 2000 Bavarian troops, who will stay in Greece until everything is settled in the new country. He also has architects, military advisors for the Greek army, bureaucrats and other officials vital in running a new country. The king of Bavaria hopes that sharing a dynasty will bring Bavaria and Greece good relations for many years to come.
- France: We declare war against the Ottoman Empire to help the Greek forces to retake Greece and Thrace, as well to expulse a possible threat for the Alliances from European land, the military is built up and the army stands by on Greece royal land awaiting to hit the Empire.
- Bavaria The army inspectors gradually improve the state of the army, and begin to reorganise it. King Max is very pleased that a Wittelsbach will be on the Greek throne, and asks the Greeks to set up an embassy in Munich. Meanwhile, the parliament passes a Museum Act, which aims to establish three museums in Munich.
- Denmark: 150,000 troops march through Russia. They poison wells and burn crops. They carry their own supplies in a cart with a cannon on the front of it. Multiple boats surround the Baltic Sea to stop any goods entering Russia. Many Russians starve. A few men catapult dead, smallpox infected men into large cities they pass. Denmark states that the Russian empire shall stand down or multiple people will suffer. A few 50,000 men are pulled out along with a few boats from Russia in case Piedmont-Sardina gets any smart ideas
- Greece accepts Piedmont-Sardinia's proposal (sorry if I didn't make it clear enough before) and continues expanding over the Peloponnese. Greece also thanks France for their help.
- Mod: Come on, which alliance are you on, Greece?
- Sweden and the Protestant forces capture St. Petersburg, the imperial capital city of Russia, and Russian government and royalty are forced to flee to another city and establish government there. Sweden proposes to the other protestant nations that the nations of Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania should be liberated from Russian rule before forces retreat from Russian lands. The Swedish Navy capture 30 pirates and discover that they don't speak Russian, but a mixture of Piedmontese, Italian and French. Swedish spies are secretly sent to France, Piedmont-Sardinia, the Papal States and the Austrian Empire to discover which country is responsible for the terrorising of Baltic coasts.
- Denmark: Fearing possible Catholic invasion and likely plague, the king and multiple important people move the government to Nuuk, Greenland. A military general is put in charge of giving orders in Denmark. The first repeating rifle is made. Some 2,000 men skilled in Russian start secretly raiding British ships with stolen Russian boats from St. Petersburg. In Russia, Denmark sends citizens to preach Protestant ways and to revolt against Russia. Military expansion speeds up, giving Denmark has the 8th largest Navy. Denmark also has te third largest paramilitary group.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: The Piedmonteese army now controls Iceland due to its small population making it easy to conquer, and with winter being over the temperate climate kicks-in reducing attrition. Learning that the Danish capital had been moved, a group of fifteen ships carrying hundred of soldiers land in the small settlement/capital of Nuuk and
leave the place as a pile of ashes as well as up and down the fjords of Norway to pillage and Orkney and the Farose Islands. The amount of hired pirates in the Baltic increases greatly and are ordered to stay in hiding until further notice. Meanwhile a dozen Greek "fine wine merchants" appear in Stockholm, Copenhagen, and Swedish/Danish controlled Russia and sell some fine recently-poisoned wine to political and military leaders as well as large Protestant cathedrals where Blood-of-Christ/wine will be served. We ask for military access from France and offer Denmark peace under the circumstances that Piedmont-Sardinia gain the south-west quarter of Iceland and they end their support for Sweden's invasion of Russia, these terms are negotiable. Piedmont-Sardinia also increases production of ships but it will be a while before they are finished.
- Why don't you just drop nuclear bombs on everybody while you're at it?
- Fine, I'll nerf my actions a bit. Also, Nuuk is definitely close enough that it can be sailed to in less than six months and it has a very low population, and Denmark made a mistake in putting their capital close to an enemy navy.
- Mod: You can't destroy the Danish capital that quickly. The Danish Military is not that weak.
- Their military is all the way in the in mainland Denmark and that is only a fraction of their army, the rest is in Russia, they made no move to send soldiers to Greenland
- There must already be some there. It's Danish property, it's impossible that there's none already there.
- 'Any soldiers there would be small in numbers. All of Greenland in 2012 has a population of less than 30,000 and Nuuk in 2012 has 15,000. It would be like raiding a settlement.
- Bavaria The Army Inspectors unveil their brand new organisation system for the army. It will consist of 3Army corps, each consisting of four brigades. The King and the Parliament approve of the plan, and it is started to be implemented. Bavaria offers 500 more troops to Greece, and again asks them if embassies can be constructed. (BTW, by the blobby bit, I didn't mean Luxembourg, I meant the blob on the map on the Wikipedia page on the Kingdom of Bavaria)
Plague continues and spread to Piedmont-Sardinia while it doesn't seems to expand northwards. The "fine wine merchants" and their poisoned wine from Greece are discovered in Sweden and burned, and Naples - Sicily declares alliance with Denmark in the Greenlandish Piedmontese - Danish war, and send a fleet to Greenland and Iceland. Iron mine is found in Sweden. Luxembourg ask for a meeting of Protestants next turn, inviting Greece and Bavaria.
- Naples-Sicily is in the Quadruple Alliance and it says in the rules no breaking the alliance until 1825. Daxus Inferno (talk) 12:52, December 27, 2012 (UTC)Daxus Inferno
- Why I did that is that it's proper to defend. You see that sometimes a nation wishes peace to ensure it's not left out. And look at the Concert of Europe. Everybody wants a balance of power. Laptop_Zombie 10:32, December 28, 2012 (UTC)
If this is OK, a new page at Protestants' Alliance (Congress of Vienna Map Game) will be created so that discussion between these states will be there for three turns.
- Denmark: 20 Ships defend Nuuk, along with 30 land cannons and 100,000 soldiers. Denmark excepts Piedmont-Sardinia's offer, but only if they can join the Papal States in technology research. The poisoned wine is burned. To prevent pirates, ships now have to get permission from King Frederick VI to enter Denmark.
- Papal States D: We accept, but only if Piedmont-Sardinia also accepts.
- Piedmont-Sardinia D: We accept as well.
- Nuuk is already kinda in ashes...
- Papal States: The fleet sent to invade Crete reaches the island and the troops land with no problem. Due to the Modern weapons of the Papal Army and Mercenaries with good war experience, the troops have a great advance. However, they don't conquer the island. The fleet is surrounding the island making impossible to any ship to inform mainland Ottoman Empire of the invasion, so no more troops will come. The landing in Cyprus is done with no problem also, but due to the size of the island the troops stayed on south until the ships help in battles on North. The Pope made a public speech closing the border with Naples-Sicily due to the attack on an Ally. Due to the spread of the plague to North Italy, immigration is almost closed due to the measures used to search the ones wanting to enter the Papal States. The troops that were protecting Rome were sent to the Papal States/Naples Sicily Border.
- Denmark: Capital is moved to Copenhagen.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: Pirates hired by Piedmont-Sardinia are ordered to attack the Swedish island of Gotland with 30 ships and 1,800 pirates, but by the time pillaging is done militia react but a bit too late but manage to cut the pirates down to 1,450 and further arguments over loot and command cut the pirates down to 1,350. Meanwhile in Piedmonteese Iceland 40,000 soldiers and 15 cannons are left, while the rest are called back. King Victor Emmanuel I begins a settlement policy onto their new Icelandic lands as well as sends Catholic missionaries and a small settlement called Emmanuelia is formed at the south-western most point of Iceland. Piedmont-Sardinia also sends 100 soldiers to Greece to train the revolutionaries and asks the members of the Quadruple Alliance to vote whether or not Naples-Sicily gets to stay (not just in the Alliance but on the map). The navy also increases in size, as well as the army, and a quarantine policy is placed in zones with the plague.
- Sweden: The Swedish Navy is recalled from the St. Petersburg and begins to combat pirates on the way to Gotland. Missionaries begin to preach Lutheranism in annexed parts of Russia, and King Charles XIII makes a speech in Swedish and Latvian telling the nations of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia to rise up against their Russian oppressors and become equals - not slaves - of other nations. Also convinced that Piedmont-Sardinia is the cause of widespread poisonings and pirate attacks within Sweden, the King calls upon the Protestant Alliance to stop trading with Piedmontese merchants. The Swedish embassy is recalled from Turin and railroads are built connecting Copenhagen to Stockholm.
- Russian Empire: Having fled from St. Petersburg in embarrassment, a new Imperial Capital is placed in Moscow, the next largest city, which is decently away from the Invasion Zone. The Tsar orders the execution of all the Commanders of the Imperial Russian Army, for their failure to defend this great Empire. Their families are also executed shortly after seeing their fathers and husbands killed. Before the Army leaves the area, they ordered to "scorch the earth", and burn down and destroy everything in their path, including people who are shown a willingness to join the enemy. A final counterattack of 300,000 soldiers is planned, which are being gathered from all over the Empire, regardless of their nationality, being told that the Swedish and their allies will kill their young, and make their wives back-barrack sex slaves, and that Russia would never do that to their own people. Any ship of the Navy is ordered to pull back from the Baltics, as the enemy takes control of the region, and use it to try to get recruits from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland, to form the Imperial Russian Militia (Императорский милиции)
- Denmark: Declines Swedish offer, since Piedemont-Sardinia is sharing technological knowledge with us.
- Belgium: Finish research on primitive factories, begins constructing small factories in Brussels, and across Flanders. We send 15,000 troops to assist the Swedish. We begin research on railroads. We begin working on our army.
- Uhhh... Piedmont-Sardinia and Denmark are now at peace and one of the circumstances was that the Danish stop fighting with the Swedes in Russia... sooo you may want to edit your actions this turn.
- Mod: Not really. That's Belgium. The occupation has not ended yet.
- France: We continue sending our troops to assure the Greek Independence and the taking of Constantinople by them, as to reform a once powerful nation, to its former glory, the navy is upgraded and the military begin to being massively sent to the Greek kingdom to launch their attack into the Ottoman loyal regions.
- Wasn't your navy devastated due to the plague?
- Greece unfortunately declines the request to go to the Protestant Alliance (Mod Rule no breaking until 1825). Greece also pushes the Turks right out of the Peloponnese, and move the capital to Nafplion.
- @ mod: I'm in the neutral alliance, so doesn't that mean I can pursue good diplomatic relations with both alliances?
- Sweden proposes that Greece should stay neutral (as it is an Orthodox state) but it can still seek diplomatic relations with any country it sees fit.
- Bavaria Agrees that Greece should stay neutral while pursuing good relations with individual countries, especially seeing as it is still fighting a war of independence against the Ottomans. The king again asks for embassies to be constructed in our two countries.
- Russian Diplomacy: Russia would open up diplomatic relations if Greece chooses to be Neutral, and would still offer to help arm the country.
- Bavaria The army is almost completely re-organised, which will improve efficiency in the army's command system. The king calls for a peaceful solution to the war in the North, hopefully one which will be acceptable to all parties. The parliament begins drafting a law making school compulsory for eight years. A Bavarian delegate will attend the Protestant Alliance Convention.
Mod event: The Protestants' meeting officially begins. The Netherlands offer Denmark some ships to give it a chance to take back the Southwest quarter of Iceland, upon the requirement that Denmark withdraw from the Papal - Piedmonteese scientific research program and returns to Russia, otherwise it might be punished. Naplish ships arrived but then returned due to the negotiated peace. Plague spread to the Papal States. Prussia is angered after some Prussian diplomats die of plague in France, Switzerland, Austria and Piedmont - Sardinia.
- Papal States: The Papal Center of Science is replaced to Castel Gandolfo and started there researches to try to find a cure to the plague. The Pope also was replaced from Rome to Castel Gandolfo, util the plague reports end. The advance in Crete is complete thanks to the fleet. Most of the navy in Crete were sent to help the conquering of Cyprus. The army reached Nicosia and conquered it with some difficulty. The Ottoman soldiers remain are surrounded by the army and navy. The army in Italy is sent to the forts and is locked there, trying to avoid the plague to kill many of the divisions, while in the cities, militias were summoned to act as a police force.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: We send our army lands in Northern Tunisia and begin capturing Ottoman land, and the navy is sent to blockade and barrage Alexandria,
a squadron sent to Corfu to capture the small island, the attempt is met by success.Subsidies are increased for those who move to Iceland, and a large cathedral is under construction near the Catholic-Protestant border. Piedmont-Sardinia builds a large road between Reykjavik and Emmanuelia and the population of Emmanuelia increases greatly due to the settlement policy and the town is being advertised as "the New York of Europe", and sends another 5,000 soldier and six cannons on Iceland, with most cannons on the shore in case of enemy landings. Ask for an embassy to Bavaria and one to Greece once Athens is captured.
- Bavaria Accepts the offer, and sends an ambassador. The ambassador points out that Corfu has been a British possession since they occupied it in 1814.
- Also, just saying, but Piedmont seems to be...punching above its weight? I mean, invading Iceland, Tunisia, Corfu and sending 5000 extra soldiers to Iceland AND establishing a massive city in Iceland all at the same time would have been hard for Britain, let alone a second-rate (no offence) power like Piedmont! Callumthered (talk)
- Yes. Note that the population decreased as plague struck the nation
- All right, I'll tone it down a bit.
- Russian Empire: After the brutal last stand, the battle presumably comes to a stalemate, between the Army and the enemy. The Tsar finally relents to requests that the Russians stand down, and finally come to the negotiation table for a two-year ceasefire. The only reason why, is due to fear that the plague occurring in the west may threaten to wipe us out. Our offer is to give the northern lands around St. Petersburg already won to Sweden, but to keep the Baltic States and Eastern Poland.
- Greece thanks the Papal States for aiding in the Independence War, and agrees and accepts Sweden, Russia and Bavaria's proposals. The Greek State pushes out along the Isthmus of Corinth and reaches the outskirts of Athens. Small islands such as Spetses and Aegina are also liberated.
- Bavaria: The army is now completely organised along the new model, and it goes on maneuvers all summer. The bill mandating eight years of schooling is passed by king Maximillian, and children previously working can now attend school and receive an education. The king asks the king of Wurtemberg and the Grand Duke of Baden for a defence pact. The king offers his son, as king of Greece, 1,000,000 Bavarian gulden to assist with the liberation of Greece.
The Netherlands make this plan to solve the Northern War:
- Sweden returns Latvia, Lithuania and East Poland to Russia, but is allowed to keep Karelia, Ingria, Vepsia, Estonia and St. Petersburg
- Russia takes back Latvia, Lithuania and East Poland, but MUST support Protestants in the pressure for Piedmont - Sardinia to return the southwestern quarter of Iceland
- Denmark receives West Poland
- All the four nations of Denmark, Netherlands, Russia and Sweden has free access for their citizens to the Baltic Sea
- Denmark, Netherlands and Sweden have full naval access to the Baltic Sea
Meanwhile, Prussia ends relations with Austria, France, Piedmont-Sardinia and Switzerland because of the incident mentioned at 1818.5. Plague continues to spread to Spain, Portugal, the Ottoman Empire and Naples - Sicily, and threatens to move into Greece and Russia.
Usually lasts for four to five years at one place, depends on how you counteract it. Laptop_Zombie 00:29, December 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Russian Diplomacy: Our terms on the five agreements.
- We will convince Piedmont-Sardinia to return that corner of Iceland, but it will not be a pro-Protestant action.
- All right, but the line between West Poland (Danish) and East Poland (Russia) must be in Łódź, the geographical centre of Poland.
- All right.
- Fine, but the Imperial Russian Navy must be allowed to use its Latvian, Lithuanian and Polish ports.
- Those are the terms the Tsar will agree to.
- Netherlands says that's fine on all. The Latvian, Lithuanian and Polish ports will be for all.
- Denmark: Sends a fleet of 30 ships, 250,000 infantry men, 40 cannons, 40 mortars on boats and start an invasion of Sweden. Having a large cavalry, they send 200,000 cavalry men over to Sweden also. Gets through South Sweden at reasonable time considering they are weak from fighting Russia, and have most of their troops their anyway. They soon capture half of Gothenberg, and asks Piedmont-Sardinia and Papal States for help.
- Denmark states that if the Netherlands helps they will get South Finland, Piedmont-Sardinia will get Central Finland, Papal will get Northern Finland, and Russia would get its area back from Sweden AND Northern Norway.
- Alliances cannot break until 1825. There is absolutely no reason to invade Sweden - you're a Protestant nation and you have always had good relations with the Swedes. And you're even asking Catholic states to assist you? Outrageous. And we've already agreed to the Netherlands' plan for stopping the war. Why don't you protect Iceland from Catholic invasion instead of attacking allies?
- Actually, Laptop-Zombie said he didn't agree with it but it is allowed, since you and Netherlands tried to punish me for trying to modernize.
- Sweden has no intention of halting modernisation of your country. We were only worried that Piedmontese merchants would start to target Denmark as well, that is why we asked all Protestant nations to halt trade with Piedmont-Sardinia. That is no reason to invade your allies. Besides, your troops should be in Iceland defending from a Catholic threat. We've also noted your silence at Protestant conferences and are worried you may be under bribe or threat by a higher power, which we don't want to happen to our allies.
- Mod: Vote on punishment on Denmark at Protestants' Alliance's page! The old baby, be careful or you're kicked!
- From the game or the alliance?
- From the alliance when other alliance members voted to get you off. Then I may kick you off from the game, 'cause I'm the mod. Laptop_Zombie 00:30, December 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Piedmont-Sardinia: Offers Papal State a military base in Piedmonteese Iceland and sends some financial aid to Russia to help with the recent losses in the war, as well as offers Russia a military outpost in Corsica for an outpost in Crimea. Our soldiers secure Tunisia but attrition is high inland, and the army splits 75,000 going east to secure Ottoman Algiers and 100,000 going west to seize Tripoli. The ships bombarding Alexandria head west to begin bombardment of Tripoli, we offer Reykajavik to Denmark under the circumstances that the Protestants stop trying to reclaim southwestern Iceland. Population of Emmanuelia increases again to 376.
- Belgium: Agrees with Sweden in ending the dangerous peace with Piedmont-Sardinia, and tells Denmark that if they keep doing selfish acts, the alliance will break up and the Catholics will gain the other hand. Belgium gives 50,000 troops as a gift to Sweden to use if things get ugly. We also ask Sweden to quit complaining about the Catholic religion, as we are predominantly Catholic, and we might leave if you keep it up.
- Papal States: A final push is sent in Cyprus and the island is under full Papal power. The Pope suggested both Alliances to sign a Treaty to make peace in Europe once again. We agree in sending some of the men in Crete to Piedmonteese Iceland as long as it doesn't bother the Protestant Alliance. The Pope requested a recognition of Papal control in Crete and Cyprus to make peace with the Ottoman Empire. The Papal Center of Science keeps trying to find a cure to the plague. The Pope invited Russian scientists to join the researches to find a cure.
- Sweden: A map of post-war Europe is proposed and other nations are encouraged to give feedback.
- Greece attacks Athens and gains the entire city, along with other small outposts surrounding it. Greece starts negotiations with the Papal States to return ethnic Greek land (Cyprus and Crete) to the Greeks.
- Papal States D: We agree in returning Crete as long as we keep Cyprus, since it has a strategic location to a future war to conquer the Holy Land
- Russian Empire: The Tsar secretly says to his Royal Advisors, that he finds it amusing that the Protestant Alliance is already falling apart, and if Denmark falls, the Russians could make a quick grab for the western half of Poland. The Army goes through multiple reforms, with conscripting all unemployed, and better funding to train all recruits, along with making sure every soldier gets an Alexander rifle. The borders are closed between Austria and Russia, mainly due to the plague, though some say it's retaliation at the Austrians not sending backup for Russia.
- Bavaria Throws its weight behind Greece's claims to Crete and Cyprus, and the king personally writes to the Pope asking him to hand them over to the Greeks. Imports from plague-ridden lands are banned until the plague dies down. The army is improved, as is the education system. The Bavarian envoy at the Protestant meeting urges the alliance to stop bickering and remember the common enemy.
Mod event: The Netherlands sends a fleet of seven to join forces with Sweden as well as 200,000 men to play its part in the Northerners/Protestants to re-occupy southwestern Iceland. As ships get through the Mediterranean, plague lands in Africa, although it ends in France, Austria, Switzerland and Spain.
- Sweden begins to reorganise its armed forces after noticing organisational flaws during the northern wars. King Charles XIII suddenly dies and is replaced by King Charles XIV John, who appoints Oscar Bernadotte as Duke of Estonia in hopes he can provided the new province with a sense of Swedish nationalism due to its similarities to Finland Province as well as abolishing serfdom in Estonia. Sweden requests that it can build an embassy in Athens and Munich.
- Greece accepts both Sweden and the Papal States' offer. From Crete, Greece attacks neighbouring islands and invades Kos and Rhodes. Greece also captures the entire Attican Peninsula.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: Soldiers successfully capture Tripoli though losses are high, same goes for Algiers. Piedmont-Sardinia keep enough troops in Africa to occupy it and enough to defend Tripoli from Ottoman attempts to retake their land, and puts the men on ships (85,000 total, leaving 75,000 behind) and send these veterans with some recently recruited soldiers on ships, totalling 180,000 and seven cannons they are sent to Iceland, fear a Protestant attack
. Cannons already positioned on the coast of Iceland fire upon Dutch ships sinking two of them, killing any soldiers that were on them (57,140 soldiers). A Piedmonteese doctor named Giordanno Fenichi who has been taken care of plague victims and develops a medicine to significantly aid plague victims and he give the recipe to the government. Distribution begins but the sheer amount of plague victims is overwhelming and many will not be saved. King Victor asks the Pope to declare the man a Saint, and to aid the most recent war.Population of Emmanuelia increases to 450 and the navy size is increased.
- Two things, firstly, no way could there be 57,140 Dutch soldiers on two ships. Secondly, people need to be dead and have two miracles attributed to them before they can become a saint.Callumthered (talk)
- Your cannon can't shot from Iceland to Norway. Second, nobody declared war on you yet. Laptop_Zombie 09:13, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
- 1. The Dutch ships are gone from Netherlands to Iceland and the cannons shot at the. 200,000/7 = 28571. 28571 x 2 = 57,142. And when did it say they were going to Norway? It said they were going to re-occupy south-western Iceland. 2. Sorry, I'm not familiar with Christian rituals. Daxus Inferno (talk) 16:18, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
- The ships were not sailing to Iceland. They were coming to Norway to meet with Swedish ships before we set sail jointly. Pavillion (talk) 18:28, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh,that makes sense, please do be more clear about this in the futureDaxus Inferno (talk) 18:49, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Russian Empire: The Imperial Russian Army is reorganized, and recruits every single unemployed male, and to increase funding by 50%, to make sure that every soldier holds a rifle, which will make the Alexander I rifle the most produced in the world by the time. The Imperial Russian Navy will also be put into a new rehaul, where over 100 frigates will be built, with 60 of them in Baltic ports, to replaced those destroyed in the Northern War, while the remaining 40 are built in the Black Sea, for a future campaign against the Ottoman Empire. Seeing a chance to reclaim West Poland, the Tsar sends a messenger to Stockholm, where he offers to briefly join forces with the Swedish to crush the Danish for their backstabbing, where the offer is that Sweden gets Denmark, while Russia gets back West Poland. The Tsar expects for the Russians to have the largest army in the world by the time these reforms are finished.
- Netherlands: We're more interested in getting back Iceland than crush Denmark. But we will consider that as soon as we remove the Piedmontese-Sardinian troops from the North.
- Bavaria Sends a regiment to Denmark to assist them with the retaking of South West Iceland from Piedmont. The king is very pleased that the Pope has agreed to give Crete to Greece. The army is improved. Scientists and engineers are sent to join the Scientific Committee of the Stockholm Alliance. The fort of Marienburg in Wurzburg is improved.
As the new decade begins, Netherlands deploy 200,000 more troops to Sweden to plan for the invasion, as well as asking Denmark to become more active in the upcoming operation. Meanwhile, in Portugal and the Papal States plague dies out.
I requested a meeting of the Quadruple Alliance (members are required to join or at least say if they will or not go to the meeting), so if there's no problem I will create a page: Quadruple Alliance (Congress of Viena Map Game)
- Papal States: The Papal Center of Science and the Pope return to Rome, while the Papal Army and Navy return from Crete and there the Greek flag is raised. Priests are sent to Cyprus, while in Rome the Pope thanks the end of the plague. A Disease Division is created in the Papal Center of Science to try to prevent any new plagues and measures to avoid it. Mercenary recruitment keeps growing in Naples-Sicily, while the north frontier is open again. The Pope calls the Quadruple Alliance to the recent plague-free Rome to discuss the Northern War and the Naples attempt to attack an ally. He also stated that the church can't simply canonize someone because a King asked. The army managed to keeps major part alive, recruitment started again to replace the dead soldiers. The Papal Center of Science restart researches to modernize the country and Piedmont-Sardinia.
- United Kingdom: (Sorry about inactivity, was with the folks for Christmas), Due to conflict on the continent the Royal Navy is expanded with battleships now escorting convoys of trade ships to "discourage" privateers. A diplomatic message is sent to France requesting a mutually beneficial alliance to secure the English channel and to combine forces if we have to join the war.
- Greece continues to expand along the Gulf of Corinth, and also expands from Rhodes into Kastellorizo and Kos. Small advances are made into Zakynthos/Zante.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: Sends delegate to Rome for the conference. Piedmont-Sardinia increases the size of its navy once more and offers the Ottomans a peace treaty demanding Tripoli and everything west of it. Primitive factories are built and the first attempt at steel is made, the metal is brittle and not very effective but Piedmonteese metallurgists believe they are on to something so further attempts continue. The population of Emmanuelia increases to 550 due to people trying to flee the plague, and a strange mix of Icelandic-Italian culture appears in Piedmonteese Iceland.
- Plague is already in Africa since 1820. It'll die out soon in Europe, though. And a settlement with only several hundreds of people could NEVER be considered a city, nor does becoming a reliable military base.Laptop_Zombie 03:57, January 1, 2013 (UTC)
- I never said it was a city, nor did I say it was a military base, settlers could have fled earlier and move slowly, there could be some spots where the plague holds out, or the settlers could be from Africa. I don't see your point.
- Bavaria Accepts the Swedish request of last year, allowing them to build an embassy in Munich, and reciprocating with a Bavarian embassy in Stockholm. The army is improved, and military scientists begin work on an air rifle, which will save money on gunpowder. The army goes on joint maneuvers with the armies of Wurtemberg and of Baden. Britain is asked for embassies. The parliament begins planning for a large river port on the Rhine in the Palatinate region (the blobby exclave). The foreign minister calls for the Stockholm alliance to agree on a plan of attack to retake South West Iceland from Piedmont.
- I'm no politician but isn't it not allowed for someone to declare war on someone else like a year afterward over the peace agreement of the first war?
- Well, no, there is nothing stopping a second war except the terms of the peace treaty. For example, the Napoleonic Wars were a series of five wars one after the other, almost always with the exact same combatants. Callumthered (talk)
- Allright then... crap.
- Not that I'm implying that Bavaria wants five consecutive wars!
- United Kingdom D: An embassy is granted.
- 'France: Continues its war against the Ottomans to aid the Greeks to taking the Greek land and recover its glory, Istanbul siege begins as the army's troops reach Thrace and the navy begin blockading it.
- Sweden's research into railroads has paid off, with Jens Börje patenting the use of wrought iron rails in railway construction. The town of Rakvere hosts the Royal Swedish Stakes, a flat horse race open to three-year-old thoroughbred fillies, but this is the first time the monarch has not presided over the events. King Charles XIV John is instead at Bergen, talking over the battle plans for Iceland with top generals. The Prince opens the Bavarian embassy in Stockholm and adorns the King of Bavaria the title of Commander Grand Cross of the Royal Swedish Order of the Sword for his actions as monarch.
- Bavaria The king is gratified by the gesture, and reciprocates by making the King of Sweden a member of the Order of Saint Hubert, Bavaria's highest order.
Netherlands is considering an emergency conference in The Hague. It also send some scientists debuting for the Netherlands in the joint Northern Scientific Research Program. Here is a proposal sent to Sweden, Bavaria, Belgium and Luxembourg:
- Dutch and Swedish navy will sail to Iceland first.
- Then Belgian and Bavarian army will be sent (and Danish army if they agree).
- After that the Swedish army should arrive in Iceland
- After occupying that corner we will make it shared territory and make a Headquarters there.
Austria, Spain and Portugal arrives in Rome. Naples - Sicily refuse to send their delegates to Rome. The Ottoman Empire is struck with revolutions in Constantinople.
- Papal States: The Pope request a response from France, UK, Russia and Prussia if they will come to the meeting of the Alliance. Preparations have been made to welcome Portugal, Spain, Austria and Piedmont delegates. The Papal Center of Science keep modernizing the country, while the Disease Division make progress in plague-fighting processes. The men from Crete return to Rome, while the Papal-Naples border is a little reinforced. In Cyprus the army keeps training, while also there mercenaries are being recruited. An embassy is requested in Athens, Munich, Turin, Paris and London.
- Bavaria, whose capital is Munich, is a part of the Protestants. They certainly don't want to have you in Munich.
- I have three points: First they're Catholics and I represent the church itself, Second I never had bad relations with Bavaria, and last they opened an embassy with the UK, which is in the catholic alliance, why deny my embassy?
- In the UK's defense, at this time it was an intensely anti-Catholic country which only had diplomatic ties to the continent due to trade rivalry with the Dutch.
- UK D: We accept the embassy and will send a delegate to Rome but would like to remain neutral of any conflict on the continent.
- Sweden: Generals of the Royal Swedish Navy agree to Dutch proposals of making southwest Iceland a shared territory, and also proposes the name "Northern Alliance" to replace the name "Protestant Alliance" to make our cooperation stronger without a religious banner to divide us. Half of the Swedish Navy's Baltic Fleet arrives in Bergen and spies are secretly sent to Piedmontese-controlled Iceland disguised as civil servants and doctors. Meanwhile, Swedish delegates in Constantinople are hurriedly arranged to travel back to Stockholm amidst revolutions in the Ottoman Empire.
- UK: The Navy continues to be expanded with newer larger ships of the line. Industrialisation of towns and cities cause large numbers of people to leave the countryside to live in the cities. The Regent delegates more power to the Prime Minister so he can concentrate on his gambling. An Anti-Catholic riot is quelled in the London dockside. Repeal of the corn law is debated in the house of commons but is not put to the vote. Faster reloading rifles are developed to be issued to all regiments in the army. Secretly a message is sent to Sweden inquiring about the possibility of an alliance to control the north sea and joint neutrality to ensure trade is not disrupted.
- Sweden does not want power or control, but peace and stability. We reject your offer initially but if you would like to discuss further we can.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: The navy continues to expand, and military duty becomes mandatory for at least three years that can b chosen between ages 16-25, due to the militarization of the government, critics continue to refer to Piedmont-Sardinia as "The Military with a Government." The recipe for steel is redone and th metallurgists are rewarded as a stronger metal, but still weak and brittle that has barely the strength of iron. Another 3,000 soldiers are sent to Iceland and fort construction begins. Piedmont-Sardinia pressured its allies into aiding it for the coming war that everyone can predict. The population of Emanuelia increased to 615, the UK is asked for military access.
- UK Diplomacy: Due to the present wish to remain neutral in the event of conflict, military access is denied. However, we are willing to re-evaluate this opinion if the possibility of a naval base in Iceland is offered.
- P.S. D: We will grant a military base in Iceland if you aid in the upcoming war.
- Greece continues to expand along the northern coast of the Gulf of Corinth, and also takes Zakynthos. Small movements are made into Evia/Euboea and other small islands near Rhodes and Kos are taken.
- Russian Empire: Tsar Constantine I sees the Ottoman Revolutions, as a good chance to take new territory, including portions of Ukrainian and Romanian territory, including the coastal city of Odessa, which appears to be the gateway into the Ottoman Empire. With the largest army ever being built, the Tsar is ready to take on the next largest Empire.
Plague dies out completely in Europe. Netherlands will wait for Sweden and Bavaria, among others, to act in the Northern War. An extremely cold winter arrives.
- Bavaria The king accepts the Pope's offer do an embassy, seeing as Bavaria is a Catholic country, and it is right to have a representative of the Holy Father. Two regiments of infantry are sent to the Netherlands to help the Northern Alliance in the Northern War. Work begins on a Cana port along the Rhine.
- Sardinia-Piedmont: The population of Emmanuelia increases to 625, the population barely climbing due to the harsh winter. A better form of steel is made, stronger than iron, but still on as good as it can be, and research goes into it farther. King Victor Emmanuel officially annexes all Ottoman land west of Tripoli, and Catholic missionaries and sent to Algiers, Oran, Tunis, and Tripoli, and large fortified cathedrals are also being built. King Victor offer the Protestants the city of Reykjavik, 10% of Eastern Piedmonteese Iceland, full port access in Piedmonteese Iceland and to allow Dutch merchants back into the Mediterranean if they swear to not invade over Piedmonteese Iceland.
- United Kingdom: A detachment of Royal Marines along with a squadron of ships is sent to Iceland to formally accept the naval base. British docks are opened to Sardinian ships and patrols in the north sea are increased. Industrialisation continues with new machines being used in agriculture, reducing the needed workforce, causing more to head to the cities for work. A report on the state of the poor by parliament causes the creation of a bill which passes several controversial laws including: Giving Catholics the vote, compulsory schooling for children from five to nine years and the expansion of the army to provide more jobs (also to prevent any civil unrest from occurring).
- Bavaria: The Bavarian ambassador praises the British Government for their religious toleration.
- Sweden: The Royal Swedish fleet sets sail and will rendezvous with other Northern Alliance fleets at Faroeese ports.
- Bavaria: Suggests to Sweden that the Piedmonteese offer might be worthwhile, however if the Northern Alliance still wants war, Bavaria will not waver.
- Papal States: The Pope remembers war can be avoid, and so we should reach for peace, especially between Catholics. The College of Cardinals announced that the Pope isn't in good health, and won't be able to do more speeches, at least for a while. In His Holiness last speech he urged the nations in Europe for peace, and said that if peace isn't made, that may God help us. A thanking letter was sent to the Bavarian king by the Pope itself, since the state of war is so close between the nations, and yet he accepts the Papal embassy. Recruitment keep making the army return to the numbers before the plague. The Pope wrote a letter to the King of Naples-Sicily urging them to the Roman Conference, since the Alliance should be together in time of war.
- Bavaria: The king sends his thanks and writes that all of Bavaria is praying for His Holiness to have a speedy recovery from his illness.
- Greece expands along the northern coast of the Gulf of Corinth and takes Lefkada. Samos and Chios are taken; as are Mykonos and Delos.
- Russian Empire: A record cold winter results in at least 500 confirmed deaths, especially in many of the poorer villages in the east. The Tsar wants the Invasion of the Ottoman Empire, seeing a good time to gain more territory for strong and proud Russia, and with many parts rebelling against the Turkish rule.
Netherlands send a message to Bavaria and Sweden, encouraging them to stay determined to take back Iceland entirely, while saying it will not stop the plan just because of Piedmont's offer to have trade access to the Mediterranean. It also encourage Greece to spread the Hellenes' nation towards Constantinople. A new kind of steel is created in the Netherlands, being notably reluctant to heat. Dutch scientist offer to present the 'recipe' of this new steel in the Scientific Program. Naples - Sicily agrees to send delegate, but will only send one and will send if and only if they will not be encouraged to a war. Prussia sends only one Baron to the Rome Conference. The Ottomans agree to negotiate with the people.
- Sweden: The horrible winter causes sea currents to move the Swedish Navy off course and a quarter of the ships are lost while the rest reach the Faroe Islands mostly intact. King Charles XVI John signs a warrant for the search and protection of the lost boats, and also shows interest in using the new Dutch steel in the ongoing railway project. The monarchs of all nations in the Northern Alliance are made Knights of the Royal Order of the Seraphim.
- Russian Empire: As part of the Invasion of the Ottoman Empire, a delegate is sent to Napflion (capital of Greece), and offers to assist extending Greek territory, or at the very least, offers weapons and equipment, including an offer of 15-20 ships for a potential Greek Navy. The Imperial Navy begins bombardment of Ottoman Navy and coastal towns, as the first battles of the war begins. Development on a new type of steel, spurred on by knowledge of Dutch steel, begins, which is being funded to be impervious to both summer heat, and especially the winter cold.
- Greece accepts and thanks the Russian Empire for the weapons, and requests that they invade Turkey proper, but not to take any European areas of Turkey. Greece also creates labs to test Dutch Steel on the outskirts of Athens. Greece takes all of Attica and also takes southern Euboea and Preveza. The Dodecanese and Cyclades are also taken.
- Russian Response: Greek requests will be respected, and will leave European portions of Turkey to the Greek Republic.
- Bavaria: *Kingdom of Greece, they accepted Prince Karl Theodore of Bavaria as their king.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: King Victor decides to import some Dutch steel and have it strengthened with some of Piedmont-Sardinia's recent recipes in steel. King Victor decides to grant more rights to the people to ease angers with the recent militarization of the country. The cathedrals in Oran, Algiers, Tripoli and Tunis are going to be called The Quadrants, and 15% of people have been converted to Catholicism in Piedmonteese Africa. The population of Emmanuelia increases to 660 and a small railroad is being attempted to connect Olbia to Siniscola.
- Bavaria: The two regiments sent to the Netherlands last year arrive safely, ready to help the alliance. Work begins on transforming the small village on the Rhine into a river port for Bavarian industry. The army is improved.
- France: As we stated seeing the fervor of the Greeks to take Constantinople we will aid an open war against the Turks, using Greece as platform to our attacks, more troops and supplies are given to the Greeks to aid them in their independence.
- Papal States: The Pope's health isn't good, and the government is seeking the best Doctors in Europe to help the Pope. Preparations are being made to the arrival of the Prussian and Naples delegates, while part of the troops go to Cyprus, while the troops there start a full strike in the Holy Land, seeking to conquer Jerusalem, Acre, Gaza in a quick action and establish order in the recently acquired. In Order to stop the war, the Papal States request the Ottomans to recognize the Papal control in Cyprus, the Holy Land (including the Sinai Peninsula). Railway are being researched, while steel tests begin.
- Russian Response: Some of our best doctors are being tested, to go to Rome, and help the Pope recover.
- Papal Response: We thank the help, and we will support your actions in the Ottoman Empire.
- United Kingdom: The British Ambassador sends his regards and offers the use of some of the finest of England's medical expertise.
- United Kingdom: To take advantage of the increasing number of factories across the country, a series of new railroads begin to be funded by the government. a competition is offered to several of the leading locomotive designers to build the new engine which would be used as the new form of transport. several prominent MPs form a power block to oppose the succession of the unpopular Prince Regent in the event of his father's death.
Game resumed after two day delay.
Netherlands hand control of its fleets in Norway and the Faroes to Sweden. The Danish king dies, and the new one is pro-Swedish, pro-Dutch, pro-Bavarian and pro-Belgian. The uprising in Turkey ends. Ottoman Empire refuse to hand Holy Land to the Papal States, instead will give Holy Land and all African territories (east of Tripoli) to the UK, also recognizes Greek independence.
Here are opinions of Catholic nations to the war:
- Spain: Will stay neutral.
- Portugal: Will stay neutral.
- Austrian Empire: Only act if there's invasion of Northerners into Mediterranean.
- Prussia: Depends on situation, not yet decided.
- United Kingdom: Will only act if threatened directly, will instead offer military access to allies fighting in war.
- Ottomans just decided to give UK land?
And what about my demands for everything west of Tripoli?Daxus Inferno (talk) 00:14, January 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Oh, wait I already annexed that.
- If they can't keep it, it's best for them to give it to a strong power so that they can have a strong ally.
- Sweden manages to assemble the Dutch and Swedish fleets near the Faroe Islands and they set sail once more towards Iceland. Charles XIV John attends the funeral of the Danish king and posthumously awards him the Medal of Swords in respect. Amenities in Stockholm are refurbished.
- United Kingdom: King George III falls ill and an act is passed in parliament removing the prince regent from the line of succession on grounds of "ill favour of the nation and God". The next in line being his brother William, known as a womaniser but not to the embarrassing degree of his brother, and much more popular with the people. In response to the movement of the Swedish fleet, the North Sea fleet is moved towards Iceland to protect the naval base. New riflemen regiments are formed under the Reformation of the Soldiers act as well as better funding, more recruitment and the right to press gang in ports, often bringing them in competition with the navy. The Mediterranean fleet is ordered to secure the empires new territory from the Ottomans with any available attached army regiments. Stephenson's Rocket wins the competition and larger versions of the same design are produced for commercial use.
- Ottoman Empire: We want to be secured that you will not invade us. Just those lands no more, OK?
- UK D: The British government has no interest in further expansion into sovereign Ottoman territory. We are willing to support the Ottoman government maintain peace within the region.
- Papal States: The Pope leaves his bedroom in Rome, and made a speech, even ill, claiming that peace is possible, and also requested support of the Orthodox under oppression in the Holy Land to be free from the Ottomans. The Cardinal College refused to leave the Holy Land, and made that clear to the Ottomans and to the UK. The Papal fleet is currently keeping the Gibraltar Strait safe, while the army keeps the advance in the Holy Land. The Papal Center of Science requested from Austria, Piedmont-Sardinia and the Papal States the permit to construct a Railway connecting Turin to Rome, passing through Genoa and Florence. The Papal States granted a permit.
- P.S. D: We will grant the permit.
- Austrian Diplomacy: We grant a permit.
- Greece asks the Ottoman Empire to recognise its claims to Greek land, and requests the Ottoman Empire to hand over all claims to Greece or there is massive war. Greece expands into Keffalonia, Epirus and moves towards Larissa. Most Cycladic islands are taken, as well as Syros. Small forces land near Izmir.
- Ottoman: Will allow Greece the area like OTL Greece 2013.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: Successfully makes Dutch steel stronger, but not significantly. With northern Africa now under control of the Catholics, many of the soldiers sent to Africa return home, war-weary and scared, but stronger than ever, and ready to be called again should there be need. The small railroad connecting Olbia to Siniscola is finished, but seeing other countries with far more ambitious railroad projects the government decides to build a railroad from Piedmont to Nice. Schooling systems are improved all around the nation and young intellects being to rise. The Quadrant is 25% complete, and 35% of people in Piedmonteese-Africa become Catholic. In Piedmonteese-Iceland the population of Emmanuelia becomes 700 and due to the influx of immigrants and the Catholic government the population of Piedmonteese-Iceland becomes largely Catholic. All cannons on the Icelandic beach are put on high alert.
- Bavaria: With the two regiment war contribution on the Dutch fleet, the Bavarian General Staff sets about ensuring the safety of Bavaria. Troops are stationed near the Austrian border, but only as a precaution in case Austria invades. Work continues on the new river port town, and it is decided it will be named Maxhaven. Greece is offered 1,000,000 Gulden t assist with nation building. They are also asked if they still want the 3000 Bavarian troops to be stationed there for a few more years.
The new Danish king send 50,000 troops to the Faroes to join forces with those of the other Northern Alliance members. The Ottoman Empire request France to stop joining forces with the Greeks, and will not let Greece take Constantinople. The Austrian Empire speaks that it will maintain relations with Bavaria, and will not invade Bavaria.
NOTE: THE DISCUSSIONS IN THE ALLIANCES' PAGES ARE NOTABLY INACTIVE. LOOK FOR NEW PROBLEMS THERE!
- Sweden: The invading forces land in Iceland. Swedish and Bavarian troops began a siege of Reykjavík and casualties of civilians and military personnel are high, while Dutch and Danish troops occupy Vík í Mýrdal and the villages surrounding it while marching west.
- UK D: A message is sent requesting that no Northern alliance troops approach the British naval base in Iceland to prevent any unwanted accidents occurring between the Swedish and the neutral British marines.
- Sweden D: We will continue our current plan to avoid the British naval base. Apologies for any inconvenience, we mean no harm or threat to your nation.
- United Kingdom: British troops complete the transaction of power in Egypt and begin to move into the newly acquired lands in Palestine. A message is sent to the Vatican warning them that aggressive action towards the British empire will not be tolerated.
- P.S. D: Dude, you're supposed to back us in the war in exchange for the Icelandic military base! Help!
- Bavaria You have to remember that Britain really doesn't have to honour the agreement, seeing as it is the world's most powerful nation, which, if it really tried, could crush Piedmont, Denmark, Bavaria or any of us smaller countries if it wanted to.
- P.S .D: Yeah, they could. But that is unlikely, and we did make a deal. Unless they're backstabbing rats, then they will honour their agreement.
- UK D: Hang on a minute, the deal was a naval base in return for military access. The deal did not contain anything relating to direct military aid. As agreed, military access is given and no measures to prevent volunteers from joining you will be made but diplomatically, the UK is neutral.
- P.S. D: Initially, yes. But then I said "we will grant the UK a military base if they aid in the upcoming war."
- Papal States: The troops in the Holy Land keep advancing, specially with the support of the Christian population. The Cardinal College offered a territorial change to the United Kingdom, change Cyprus (which have some productive lands and mines) for the Holy Land (which has an importance for the Papal States and is mostly Desert). The Pope is sorry full war started on North but he refuses to start war after all his peace efforts. Protests start in Rome, since the people wish to support the Piedmont. Troops are fully prepared for any military action.
- UK D: The request for land is accepted on the condition of the Sinai region marks the border and Jerusalam is given a British Garrison in addition to the Papal one.
- Papal S. D: The Cardinal College accept the requests and is appreciated that the Holy Land will be kept in Papal control. The troops in Cyprus will leave to the Holy Land.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: The soldiers stationed in Iceland immediately react to the Protestant invasion. The military is split to stop the Protestants,
65,00060,000 soldiers, may of them veterans from wars past, attack the 50,000 Dutch and Danes, winning several victories until the Dutch and Danes make a strong resistance in Vík í Mýrdal. Meanwhile, 100,000 85,000 75,00070,000 soldiers are sent to Reykjavík to stop or at least slow the Swedish threat, with many holding up in Emmanuelia. Many of the cannons on the coast of Piedmontese Iceland take aim and fire, sinking almost two dozen ships of Dutch, Danish, and Swedish origins. Privateers are hired once more to harass trade in the Baltic, and over 50% of people in Piedmontese-Africa convert to Catholicism. Several ships loaded with troops leave the island of Corsica, though the troops number less than 10,000 7,5002500 due to them coming from a war-weary nation. We ask France for military access and demand that the UK come to arms in retaliation due to the past deal that was made, exchanging a military base in Iceland in return for guaranteed aid in the war. King Victor also calls for the Tsar of Russia to aid in Piedmontese defense and to flank the Swedes and take back their own territory.
- Look, these troop numbers are way too high! In the First Italian War of Independence in 1848, Piedmont could only field 30,000 troops. And this is more than twenty years earlier.Callumthered (talk) 00:48, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, I said earlier I sent 180,000 to Iceland. Also I said earlier that the Netherlands had 200,000 and they're about the size of Sardinia. Also, I mentioned a conscription, and recently got northwestern Africa on the Mediterranean. And in the first turn Sweden, after about no military buildup, managed to get nearly 300,000 soldiers on the Russian-Swedish border.
- And as I said earlier, that is implausibly huge! Yes, the Netherlands is about the same size geographically, it has a larger population and a better army and very large navy. Sweden is also the second most powerful nation in the north, behind Russia, and has a large army. And don't the rules forbid using troops from one's colonies...?
- I said Netherlands is the size of SARDINIA which is just an island, bigger than Corsica, smaller than our territory in mainland Europe, and about a fifth the size of our land in Africa.
- They could hardly be considered colonies, it is right across the Mediterranean. If it makes you feel better though I will tone down the numbers.
- Mod: Your military is even in WORSE CONDITION than OTL 1822, though, as it was devastated in the plague. Sweden was a very, very powerful nation. And it's impossible those same countries that defeated Russia lost to Piedmont. And I might have skipped that Piedmontese turn though, but Piedmont having 180,000 troops is IMPOSSIBLE ON THIS EARTH, UNLESS IF YOU ARE USING RESERVED MILITARY. About those African territories, say, it is NOT colony for the Ottomans, though it should be turned into a colony now I suppose. I am toning it Laptop_Zombie 02:21, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Bavaria: The king is very pleased about Austria's reassurances of peace, and moves the troops on the Austrian border to the South of the Kingdom, just in case Piedmont tries to march over Switzerland and the Alps. The army goes on its biannual maneuvers with its Southern German Allies; Wurtemberg and Baden. Work continues of the Rheinish port of Maxhaven. The Thuringian States are asked for a mutual defence pact.
- France: We will not seize aiding the Greeks in their war and won't stop our aid until they take the city than once was theirs, the army continues marching north and a blockade is executed in Constantinople.
While this, a campaign to take Algeria begins with the invasion of Constantina.
- Piedmont-Sardinia Diplomacy: I annexed that place a while ago.
- Greece refuses the Ottomans' offer, however will accept most of Eastern Thrace and Izmir and its surroundings, as well as Imbros and Tenedos (Greece boundaries 1919, Treaty of Lausanne). Greece captures the island of Kerkyra, and a small area of coastline off Northern Epirus.
- Russian Empire: Begins the first assault on the Ottoman Empire, with a massive invading army of 350,000, having put conscription a while ago, and with doubled funding on military training, and the construction of Alexander I rifles and Tsar Cannons being brought to the battlefield. Assistance will be given to Greece to aid in their fight, if they request any. There are offers to sell Alexander I rifles to the Greek Army, along with any willing buyers, now that over a million have been produced, with more to be produced as the Imperial Forces inevitably gets bigger. Odessa, and Ottoman-controlled portions of Ukraine and Romania is the first phase of the Invasion.
Note: Until 1825.5 there won't be any mod event, so keep going, don't wait for me. Laptop_Zombie 12:39, January 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Papal States: The Pope was found dead in his chambers. Is believed to be of natural causes, however a strange bleeding was discovered in his nose, and so investigation started to see if it wasn't poisoning. He passed away in his sleep, and the Cardinal College ask for all to pray for him. All Cardinals were called to the Conclave and is easily viewed two groups: the Bavarian, Danish, Belgian Cardinals that plans to keep neutrality in the Northern War or even invade Piedmont-Sardinia; and the Italian Cardinals that plans to send men to help Piedmont-Sardinia. Some other Cardinals are neutral, like the French, Spanish, Portuguese, Austrian. Both sides request funds to their homeland to help bribe Cardinals from the other side. Some non-voting Cardinals assumed the government while the conclave happens. Troops arrive in the Holy Land and a funeral is organized in Rome, all catholic leaders are invited and can bring their personal guard, if they wish so. The government officially said that it won't enter the war and will leave that decision to the new Pope.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: King Victor Emmanuel I attends the funeral with no personal guard trusting that no Christian would attempt an assassination at the death of the Pope.
- Bavaria King Maximillian attends the funeral with his aides and a large bodyguard. While there, he gives the Cardinals who support the Northern Alliance 10,000 Gulden, half of his own money, and the other half out of the Bavarian Treasury.
- Russian Diplomacy: Tsar Constantine I, leaves Russia for the first time since he became Emperor, where he pays his respects to the holiest man on Earth, as it is a sad day when the world loses such a person. He speaks with other leaders, including former enemies like Sweden and the Netherlands, where he speaks that Europe should be at peace and not fight each other, as that's all the pope wanted.
It said Catholic leaders, Russia is Eastern Orthodox
- Papal States: Any Christian Leader is welcome, as the Cardinals see this as a chance of bringing the Catholic and Orthodox together.
- Sweden sends its regards to the Papal States, saying that we need peace in Europe as much as ever. King Charles XIV John would like to make it clear to the nations of Europe that Piedmont-Sardinia invaded Iceland for no reason, and we are merely taking back what land is ours - Sweden doesn't want to hurt the integrity of our region. The Battle of Vík í Mýrdal continues, with Northern forces holding up a resistance near the coast but the northern part of the region is mainly retaken by Piedmontese forces. The troops in Reykjavik begin to roll cannon fire at the city plaza, with government buildings being raided.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: King Victor Emmanuel I attends the Pope's funeral and makes an oath to make the Pope's dying wish a reality: peace in Europe. King Vicros Emmanuel also makes clear that Piedmont-Sardinia invaded Iceland to help their Russian ally and try to relieve pressure from them, which is an extremely good and legitimate reason to invade, and Iceland was never owned by Sweden and it was never their land, though it had belonged to Norway and Denmark. The several ships and troops arrive in Holland and begin destroying smaller settlements and even taking Breskens. A peace offer is sent to Sweden. Piedmont-Sardinia is allowed to keep most of their Icelandic territory, but it will be an open port for all to use, and Sweden may ensure that the region is not used as a place for military operations by having several soldiers stationed in Piedmonteese-Iceland, but rather trade in an unthreatening manner, as well as a five-year truce between Sweden and Piedmont-Sardinia, terms are negotiable. The Quadrants are completed in Piedmonteese Africa, and the railroad between Piedmont and Nice is almost completed. King Victor grants several more rights to non-Catholics in Piedmont-Sardinia.
- And Sweden is having Norway, so?
- Sweden D: Iceland was Danish land, AKA land of the Northern Alliance or Protestants. The War in Russia is over and we are working on restoring relations. We will discuss the peace terms in the Northern Alliance board.
- Greece buys the guns off Russia, and continues to capture more land off the Ottomans. Igoumenitsa and Chios are captured, and expansions are made into Thessaly and across the Pindus mountains. Greece SECRETLY requests a joint war on the Ottomans with Russia.
- Bavaria: The army is improved and increased. Maxhaven is starting to look less like a swamp and more like a river port, but there is still a lot of work to go. The army asks Russia if it would be willing to sell us some Alexander rifles. The parliament begins debating the pros and cons of having a constitution.
- Russian Empire: The nation mourns the loss of the Pope, and many send gifts to Rome, in memory of him. Meeting with the military of Bavaria, a Commander offers to sell 250,000 Alexander I rifles, including more if the Bavarians ask. The Army captures Odessa, and is moving towards Moldova and Romania, offering free rights to the Christians, and good care for their families, if the men join the Imperial Army. Many ships of the Imperial Navy are built at ports in the Black Sea, where many will be sent to fight off the Ottoman Navy, along with many others assisting the Greek Navy in the War. The Commander pledges 100,000 Russian soldiers to assist the Greek Army in taking Constantinople and further into main Turkish territory.
- Bavarian D: 250,000 rifles will fit the bill, thank you. The General Staff will pay a cheque to the Russian diplomat in Frankfurt.
- UK: King George III passes away after a long illness. He is suceeded by his son Frederick I (I had no idea this guy even existed). After a period of mourning, several new bills are passed to increase the size of the army to garrsion our new territory. The armed forces begin to become armed with Brunswick rifles, with the baker rifle being slowly replaced. The military science academy is commissioned with the purpose of designing newer weapons to remain more advanced than Britain's rivals.
- UK D: My king is unmarried, would anyone like to get rid of some unwanted female family members?
- P.S D: You going to help us out?
- UK D: Let's just say mobilising takes time, a lot of time. If they attempt to expand the war outside of Iceland we will close the Mediterranean to them at Gibraltar and join you but defending an ally is one thing. It's hard to justify fighting a meat grinder war over Iceland.
- P.S D: Well, if they accept the peace it won't matter anyway, I suppose.
- Bavarian D: As much as I would like to offer a princess, Frederick is 60 years old!
- UK D: It's not like it hasn't happen before, besides it's political, it's not as if he's being married for his looks. Also, linking the royals with Bavaria sounds good. A German ally to the south would allow us to rival Prussia, which could help reinforcing the British claim on Hannover. Also, having a great power as an ally would be useful for you. Any attacking nation will have their trade decimated by the royal navy.
- Bavarian D: That is true. Therefore, I offer him Princess Amalie Auguste, the 22 year-old daughter of the current king. Hopefully, the couple will be able to have children and continue Frederick's line.
- France: The News of war in the the Balkans give some hope to take Constantinople, the french army in Greek lands sends a message to the Russian, asking for their fleet to help in the French blockade of Constantinople.
While this, the invasion of Algeria is launched, with troops arriving and swarming the Arlerian troops.
- Dude, everything west of Tripoli that was owned by the Ottomans is now Piedmonteese, everything east up to Sinai Peninsula (if I read it right) is British, and the Holy Land is owned by the Papal States. Daxus Inferno (talk) 04:14, January 11, 2013 (UTC)
- So that just means he's invading Piedmontese land. What's the problem with that?
- The fact that I'm Piedmont-Sardinia and they're invading allies for no reason, and we had a royal marriage since the first turn, that's the problem.
- The war in the Balkans ended years ago.
Please fill information into this table.
|Northern Alliance||Belgium||Brussels||William I|
|Northern Alliance||Denmark||Copenhagen||Frederick VI|
|Northern Alliance||Luxembourg||Luxembourg||William I|
|Northern Alliance||Netherlands||The Hague||William I|
|Northern Alliance||Sweden||Stockholm||Charles XVI John|
|Quadruple Alliance||Austria||Vienna||Ferdinand I|
|Quadruple Alliance||France||Paris||Louis XVIII|
|Quadruple Alliance||Naples - Sicily||Naples||Ferdinand I|
|Quadruple Alliance||Papal States||Rome||Leo XII|
|Quadruple Alliance||Piedmont - Sardinia||Torino||Victor Emmanuel I|
|Quadruple Alliance||Prussia||Berlin||William III|
|Quadruple Alliance||Russia||Moscow||Constantine I|
|Quadruple Alliance||United Kingdom||London||Frederick I|
- Temporarily Benelux is in a Personal Union, though still independent in Politics
- The Monarch for Naples - Sicily is of OTL Two Sicilies
- I am updating the map, and enlarging Naples - Sicily and moving the Papal States slightly to the North.
- Given the current state of Europe, I think (though not sure), that Russia is now neutral.
- ''I think should Morocco be there (I shouldn't own anything west of Oujda), Sweden should own the Farose Islands and I think Orkney, and what's with that bit of French land in North Africa? Daxus Inferno (talk) 02:35, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry but this is just the name. And nobody doing any turn? The game is still on, mates! And Orkney is British and Faroes are Danish, though it's a base and Danish navy is included in the invading forces. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I will extend this turn until 10.00 UTC on Sunday, making the total time two OTL days. It's an important one.Laptop_Zombie 03:31, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Map discussion on talk page! Laptop_Zombie 13:21, January 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Bavaria: The army is improved and expanded. The princess offered to the British king is sent to Britain with a large entourage of courtiers, military attaches and diplomats. It is hoped the match will improve relations. A treaty is signed between Bavaria and the many Thuringian states which guarantees assistance in case of an invasion.
- Papal States: The Conclave ends and an Italian Cardinal is elected as Leo XII. He assumed the neutral position to the Northern War but he was quick to announce that a large of the population fled to help Piedmont and that he isn't responsible for any attack they do. The old Pope funeral was a simple ceremony, and the presence of several monarchs of Europe increased the security of the city. The Pope first speech he said about the war and how could it end in a simple way. The troops are being modernized, and the ones in the Holy Land are prepared if the Ottoman Empire decide to attack. Leo XII announced that his first travel will be to Jerusalem.
- C'mon people, post!
- Piedmont-Sardinia: The soldiers in Iceland are getting war weary and a few small mutinies occur, and the war is being lost. The peace treaty is re-sent to the Northern Alliance,
and Victor Emmanuel points out that Sweden is accusing Piedmont-Sardinia for taking Protestant land, in a war in which Sweden took Eastern Orthodox land with no reason. Almost 60% of Piedmonteese Africa is Catholic, but missionaries seem to have hit a wall, and some religious riots do happen, so to relieve tension and increase religious and cultural tolerance the Forum (similar to OTL House of Worship) is created in Tunis, and a railroad to connect Oran to Tripoli and everything in between undergoes construction. Dog tags are invented, and an embassy exchange with Greece is asked for.
- Netherlands: Norway previously own Iceland, and is now owned by Sweden, so it's rightful. Also Estonia, Ingria and Vepsia was also given by Sweden to Russia. OK?
- Well, I took that corner of Iceland from Denmark, not Sweden. I also own Corsica, which used to be owned by France, does that mean that I should get to declare war on England for taking Canada from France, and saying it is rightfully ours? No, it doesn't. I'm not the aggressor here.Daxus Inferno (talk) 01:33, January 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, Russia and Sweden made peace a while ago, and you're not returning even when Danish troops is included in the invasion force.
- And I also made peace a while ago, and then I got invaded, and now I'm offering a peace deal that is being met with no response. Let's look at it this way: who invaded Russia? Sweden. Who is not the main pushing force in invading me? Sweden. I did offer Denmark Reykjavik (which is the largest city in Iceland) as well as other bits of Iceland.
- The invasion was planned by the whole alliance for quite a long time ago.
- THE INVASION OF RUSSIA WAS A MOD EVENT. IT WAS NOT MY FAULT - Sweden Pavillion (talk) 16:45, January 14, 2013 (UTC)
No mod event.
- Russian Empire: Imperial Forces continue to push into Ottoman territory, mainly gaining Christians in Moldova and Romania who have been oppressed by the Islam government of the Ottoman Empire, to join the Imperial Russian Army. The Navy continues bombarding Ottoman fleet all over the Black Sea, mostly to protect the Greek fleet. The Army already has plans to take Bulgaria and Serbia by the end of the year, ordering 100,000 more soldiers to join the invading forces.
- Papal States: The Pope is currently traveling to Jerusalem to announce the start of the construction of a new cathedral in honor of the Papal power over the Holy Land. Also a Papal castle is being built in the surroundings of Jerusalem, while a big Palace is being built inside the city, besides a guest Palace to any foreign monarch that wishes to travel to Jerusalem. Pilgrimages are allowed to all the christian faiths, including the Protestants on the north. Mercenaries are being recruited over Jerusalem and surroundings, while the regular troops return to the numbers before the plague. The railway construction begins, and the station in Rome is also being built. The Troops are being prepared to any conflict against the Ottoman Empire if they refuse to recognize the Papal States as rulers of the Holy Land. The Pope sent a letter to the Russian Emperor saying that if war breaks out again between Papal States and Ottoman Empire that the Papal fleet can help the Russian fleet to surround Constantinople.
- Dude, the Ottomans gave it to the UK and then the UK gave it to the Papal States. Does it need to issue formal recognition?
- The Papal States troops invaded the territory before it was given to the UK, we gave then Cyprus and so kept the land.
- Greece continues to expand into Ottoman territory. Greek forces approach the outskirts of Thessaloniki and take all of the Ionian islands.
- Austrian Empire: The Austrian Empire launches a massive invasion of the Ottoman Empire and begins to take land from the Ottomans, mostly in OTL Yugoslavia while the Austrian Navy lands over 65,000 men near Istanbul/Constantinople, and soon the city is under siege by both Austrian land forces and the Austrian Navy. Military buildup continues. The Austrian Empire also drafts 145,000 more men for the army.
- LOL, everyone wants a piece of the Ottomans.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: King Victor Emmanuel offers the Northern Alliance peace again before his death, this time offering that England takes Piedmonteese Iceland (since Sweden seems to have to have no quarries with them) save for the area around Emanuelia, and Piedmont-Sardinia get a negotiable part of English Africa, with land from Tripoli to Benghazi and Cyprus proposed. The former peace offer is also still on the table. A steel plant undergoes construction in Oran, the fight in Iceland seems lost, but Piedmonteese troops do manage to get in a few more victories, and more pirates are hired in the Baltic Sea. King Emmanuel I dies, and is succeeded by King Charles Felix (Victor Emmanuel's youngest brother), and a request is sent to the Papal State to allow for Victor Emmanuel I to be buried in Jerusalem, and if the request is accepted the Papal State has Piedmont-Sardinia's guarantee that they will aid in conflict with the Ottomans, if such an event occurs.
- Bavaria The king urges the Northern Alliance to consider Piedmont's offer, and hopes that a deal will be hammered out. The king meets with the king of Wurrtemberg, the grand duke of Baden, and the many dukes and princes of Thuringia in Munich. The monarchs agree to create the South German Alliance System, a military and economic alliance. The plan is that this new German bloc will be able to be a "third Germany", outside of Austria or Prussia's sphere of influence. The army is improved.
- United Kingdom: The United Kingdom decides to refuse the offer by Piedmot, due to African territory and Cyprus being much more valueble than a small part of iceland, though they do support Piedmonts wish for peace. It is decided that any attempt by the Northern Alliance to gain Piedmont-Sardian territory outside of Iceland will force the British empire to intervene. The fleets are put on a war footing and the naval base in iceland is both fortified and has its garrison increased to 2500 men. In Egypt, the infrastructure is considered to primitive for effective use by the military and a railway begins development from Alexandria to Cairo. Plans for a large scale canal through the Sinai are drawn up, but it is decided that funding will wait until a more stable time with better infrastructure in the region.
No mod event.
- Papal States: The Pope reaches the Holy Land and officially started the construction of the new buildings, while more of the Christians that once were under a Muslim rule now enter the Papal army to defend their now Christian ruler. The Pope offered to help the UK in the construction of the canal across the Sinai in the condition of having part of the canal rights, but it would be send labor force and funds. The Cardinal College approved the request of Piedmont-Sardinia of funeral in Jerusalem, however they request a quick end to the Northern War. The Railway constructions reached Florence, were the station started being built, while the one in Rome is complete. The constructors requested the Sardinian king to start constructions also from Turin to increase the speed of the work. The Papal Center of Science started a new division to Military technology.
- Greece captures Thessaloniki during a massive offensive, to the great loss of the Ottomans. Meteora is also taken.
- France: (Sorry for being AFK so much time) the Kingdom(?) begins launching an invasion to Morocco as an attempt to make a first step to an African colonization plan in the future. While this, the troops Greece continue aiding them to lead them to take all over Greece and pushing the Otts out of the Balkans. While this, the alliances with Piedmont and Spain are reaffirmed (BTW, may I make a less pixeled map of the current one? I don't really like that one. It is a little bit blurry).
- Piedmont-Sardinia: King Charles Felix offers the Northern Alliance the former peace offer as before to keep his elder brother's and the former Pope's last wish a hope. Construction of the railroad from Torino (same place as Turin) begins due to the request of the Papal States. The railroad from Oran reached Algiers and is continuing eastward to meet the one from Tripoli which recently hit Sfax. The steel plant in Oran is completed, and another smaller one undergoes construction in Tunis. King Victor Emmanuel's funeral takes place in Jerusalem and a bronze statue of him is placed on top of his mausoleum with a plaque that reads "Hic requiescit Rex Victor Emmanuel I of House Sabaudiae" (Here rests King Victor Emmanuel I of House Savoy). Piedmonteese soldiers in Iceland get in a few more victories. Being veterans, most of them they are skilled fighters, but they are veterans of northern Africa and come from a Mediterranean nation and are not used to the Icelandic terrain. Nevertheless, they manage to convert to a form of guerrilla warfare. Meanwhile, the troops in Holland manage to capture everything south of Rotterdam and west of Eindhoven.
- No way for the Dutch navy to lose to yours in protecting. Look at the navy.
- I landed the troops there a while ago, and there were barely a dozen ships that could have sneaked past.
- Sweden D: We are amidst peace talks, and you further provoke our forces by attacking the Dutch (albeit in an unrealistic move)?
- P.S. D: While you discuss peace the war still goes on, unless we all decide to stop fighting for you to discuss it.
- Bavaria Diplomats arrive in the small principalities of Hohenzollern-Sigmarigen and Hohenzollern-Hechingen to try to persuade them to join the South German Alliance System. Maxhaven finally starts operations as a river port, but there is still work to be done for it to rival other German ports. The army goes on small maneuvers.
- Sweden wants the input of all Northern Alliance members here in agreeing to a peace agreement, as Sweden wants to act in the best interests of Europe and not greed or sin. Estonia is granted the same amount of members in the Swedish Parliament as any other region, increasing the integration of the region.
Rule #7 off.
I suggest we should vote on this issue:
SHOULD WE KEEP GO IN EUROPE ONLY AFTER 1835?
Mod event: The Ottoman Empire, finding they cannot defend against an alliance of Austria, Greece and Russia, decide to give all their European land away to these three nations except for Istanbul / Constantinople. Half of Piedmontese Iceland is occupied. Dutch and Danish generals promise that all Piedmontese territory NOT in Iceland will not be harmed. The Netherlands defend their homeland.
- I was also aiding in the war even before Russia did so I should get some land. Sine dei gloriem (talk) 00:27, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Papal States: The Pope Leo XII returns quickly to Rome and announced the construction of a railway connecting Jerusalem to Acre, while the Rome-Turin railway is getting close to an end, since the stations in Florence and Rome are complete and the railway is close to Turin and already passed by Genoa. Is being thought of changing the project to the railway passing also through Milan, but first is requested an authorization to the Austrian Empire. The Pope also proposed to the king of Naples and the king of Piedmont the foundation of the Italian Confederacy in the same style of the German Confederacy, with the Pope as the head officially, but inside the confederation being elected a nation as head for some time and being a confederation with no relations to the Quadruple Alliance. The people from the Papal States that fled to help Piedmont reached Iceland.
- Piedmont-Sardinia Diplomacy: Confederation offer accepted.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: The Dutch manage to push the small army in their southern lands completely out, all remaining soldiers put up some valiant defences but were pushed back and flee onto their boats back to Piedmonteese soil, and the soldiers in Iceland and dead for the most part. Meanwhile back in Piedmont-Sardinia, people are outraged at the mass deaths of loved ones and in response King Charles Felix gives some very good speeches to calm his people. The railroad in northern Africa reaches Jiel in the west and Tunis in the east and it is being called "the African Connector Railroad," and an offer is made to the UK that it expands to Alexandria.
- Russian Empire: Reopens borders with Austria, though many people of both empires have crossed through even before the official reopening. The Imperial Army makes it to Bulgaria and the borderline with Greek territory, just south of Burgaz (OTL Burgas), where more Christians are liberated from their Muslim oppressors. However, it has evolved to a new level of violence, where Mosques are being burnt down in Bulgaria, and former Muslim citizens are being hunted down and killed or worse. The Tsar confirms France's claims in the Invasion of the Ottoman Empire, confirming that they were in the war. A deal is being struck up with Austria, where they could hold Serbia and Bosnia, as long as we hold Serbian territory east of Belgrade (Belgrade), as Serbs are longtime descendants of the Russian people, and would still like to be united in the Empire, and would just be the Northeastern regions of Serbia. After this, there are future plans to invade Ottoman-ruled Caucasia (Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan).
- France: We think this should show how much terrain does France, Austria, Russia and Greece have in the Balkans.
- Russian Diplomacy: Representatives of Russia agree with the map.
- Bavaria The king asks Greece if it still requires the 4000 Bavarian troops to be stationed in Greece. Maxhaven brings much more trade to the Palatine province, and work continues on bringing the port facilities to a higher capacity. The armies of the SGAS go in joint maneuvers around the Alps and Lake Constance.
No mod event.
Callumthered, please do the map the earliest possible. Laptop_Zombie 13:41, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
Sine, do not replace the map. Laptop_Zombie 13:41, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
As you have voted 0-4, we will expand to the whole world after 1835. Laptop_Zombie 13:41, January 17, 2013 (UTC)
I hope this was a typo and we didn't time travel a century into the future.
- Papal States: The construction in Jerusalem is complete and the railway connecting Rome to Turin is complete, with the inauguration trip being done by the Pope in the Pontificial Train leading to Turin. The Railway connecting Jerusalem to Acre is also complete and those cities are now connected and the entrance of visitors to the Holy Land is now easier. The Military is improved, while we request a response from Naples if they wish to participate the Italian Confederacy. The Pope changed his residence to Castel Gandolfo and will keep a distance from the political life in Rome, leaving that to the Cardinal Council he appointed.
- France: The campaign at Morocco continues as the troops reach the coast and begin blockading the ports and deploying troops. Several attempts to take Rabat begin but none is successful yet, and the Greek Illirian provinces begin organization as the treaty has stated under French sovereignty. Slavery becomes against the law and infrastructure is built up.
- Greek Illyrian provinces?
- Greece, satisfied with the land it gained from the partitions, does not require the Bavarian troops any longer and sends them back to Bavaria, with generous helpings of wine, cheese and olives as a gift of gratefulness. Greece begins to repair the cities damaged in the fighting for independence.
- Russian Empire: The Russian Empire now expands all the way to Serbia, proving that in the past few years, after the devastating loss of Petrograd, Russia can still grow past that and become larger. In order to maintain order, about 100,000 soldiers will be left in occupied regions, mainly recruits who are local to the area. (Like Romanian recruits in Romania, or Bulgarian recruits in Bulgaria). The arms factories in Tsaritsyn (modern-day Volgograd) are now considered the largest in the world, with the goal to produce 2,000,000 Alexander I rifles by 1828. In order to guarantee a further expansion in the already large army of 1,150,000 (there would be more, though despite the victories in the Balkans, there have been just as many losses). This has caused an economic boom around Tsaritsyn, with many engineers moving there. A new decree is sent, asking parents to help give birth to "Heroes of the Empire", and asking them to give birth to large families, and tax cuts on those who have two sons, though the family size has no limits, permitting as many sons and daughters as a family can have. The planned invasion of the inner sections of the Ottoman Empire, will involve invading hot and arid deserts, which will be a problem for soldiers used to cooler climates. As a result, the Commander of the Imperial Army and next in line to the throne, Nicholas I, asks the Pope and representatives of the Papal Military to allow 250,000 soldiers to train in the Sinai Deserts in the occupied territories.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: An offer is made to Russia to buy about 3,000 Alexander I rifles. Piedmont-Sardinia asks for military access through France, and offers a deal allowing for all French ports to be used by Piedmonteese ships and vice versa. Mutual embassy exhanges are asked for with Bavaria, Greece and France. The African Connector Railroad finally connects reaching at Annabe. More steel mills are built and it become a large export, and colonists are sent southward into Africa.
- Russian Diplomacy: Agrees to the deal, and will sell the 3,000 rifles to your nation.
- Bavaria: King Max I dies, and is succeeded by his son, Ludwig I. After a period of mourning, life gets back to normal. The embassy with Piedmont is accepted, and the troops returning home from Greece are welcomed in a massive street parade. Work continues on Maxhaven, and the army is improved a bit.
- Sorry about the delay with the updated Germany, I was on holiday. It doesn't have the new Balkans stuff, but it does have Germany all fixed up. Bavaria is yellowy-orange, Hannover is in Britain's colour, Prussia is dark green, and the other states are light blue. Callumthered (talk) 11:23, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
- United Kingdom: Thanks to constant supplies by sea, the work on the British part of the African Connector Railroad from Alexandria reaches Benghazi. A reserve for the native inhabitants of Libya is set up for those who wish to manage their own internal affairs farther inland. The fort at Gibraltar is enlarged. Larger steam engines are produced with armoured carriages for military use.
No mod event.
- Spain: Builds up Army, asks for alliance with Britain and Russia.
- Russian Diplomacy: Will allow alliance, on the condition that the Imperial Army is allowed to train in Southern Spain's hotter climate (for the next phase of invading the Ottoman Empire) and offers to sell a number of Alexander I rifles in return.
- United Kingdom Diplomacy: Agrees to alliance.
- Sweden: A firm stance to supporting peace in Europe is adopted. Troops begin to return to Sweden from Iceland and the government relinquishes any claims to foreign territory. A merchant navy strike disrupts Swedish trade for several months.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: The guns bought from Russia are handed out to guards in Torino, with just about every military man having one, a new type of grenade is invented and produced and is found to be very effective compared to past grenades. Colonists are sent farther inland in from Piedmonteese-Africa, and colonists are sent to Somalia. An offer is made to Spain to buy the Baleares for unrestricted military access and a military base in Tripoli, as well as money. Surviving soldiers in Iceland are all called home, with the general stationed in Iceland gaining knighthood. Construction of a massive steel plant in Nice begins, and a large railraod between Cagilari and Rogilano begins.
- UK D: We own Tripoli. As you allowed us to set up a base in Iceland, it's only fair we allow our ally to have a base of its own.
- Piedmont-Sardinia D: Umm... No. I own Tripoli, when I invaded the Ottomans I took Tripoli and annexed everything west of it. I own Tripoli, you own what's east of it.
- I suppose you divided the city as well, each nation gets a half of the city. Nice plan huh? Laptop_Zombie 03:24, January 20, 2013 (UTC)
- No, I completely owned the city when I annexed it. When the Ottomans gave land to Britain they didn't own Tripoli.
- OK.Laptop_Zombie 04:05, January 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry, thought the border was like modern day Libya's, my mistake.
- Russian Empire: The Caucasus Campaign of the Invasion commences in the Spring after the cold winter ends. The Invasion of the Ottoman Empire has been split into three or four Phases. The first phase was the Balkans Campaign, while the third one goes into the deserts of the Inner Ottoman Empire, therefore saving soldiers trained for hot desert climates for later, where they can train in Spain or Palestine. 200,000 soldiers have been sent into battle, starting with attacking Baku, and the Azeri regions. Unlike other invaded regions, which had a high Christian population, this region has a mostly Muslim population, leading to much stronger resistance from the Azeri portion of the Ottoman Army. If the Imperial Army does not succeed in taking down Baku, then additional cannons will be sent to blow the city off the face of the Earth.
- Spain D: Asks Russia to add Spain's navy and army into the conquest of Ottoman Empire, in exchange we would want the land between OTL Antalya and OTL Lebanon.
- Russian Diplomacy: We accept the terms, and give you the land between Lebanon and Antalya.
- France: We will join the war if we can have an area.
- Russian Diplomacy: Offers the Kastamonu, Rûm and Trebizond regions to France if the French assist in the Caucasus Campaign.
- Greece continues to support the Russian Empire in its pursuits and again declares war on the Ottoman Empire. A massive assault takes place near Izmir. However, the city is not taken.
- United Kingdom: An offer of alliance is sent to Sweden, France and the Papal States. In response to the huge buildup of Russia's armed forces, the size of the army and navy is increased. A new shell is developed for battle ships, which acts as an incendary, to give an edge in naval warfare. The cannons in use also begin a process of replacement with newer models to allow faster reloading and greater range. The Native troops in Africa have their first action against some rebel tribes in the desert. This action is a success leading to an increase in the native garrisons size from 10,000 to 50,000.
- Russian Diplomacy: Very strongly discourages the UK from joining Sweden, though we would support a UK-French and UK-Papal State alliance, due to those being our allies.
- Spain D: Encourages Britain to ally with Papal States and France.
- Swedish Diplomacy: Russia is opposed to strengthening peace in Europe, as it is discouraging you from forming alliances. Against our better judgment, we're afraid an alliance will have to come later as Russia will continue to pull strings to harm integrity in our continent.
- France: We agree on joining the alliance.
- Mod time! Genevan Congress next turn in Geneva, Switzerland! All nations are welcomed, armed guards allowed, Swiss president hosting. Laptop_Zombie 02:34, January 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Sweden will attend, represented by the King, Prime Minister and the Duke of Estonia as well as 12 guards.
- United Kingdom will attend, represented by the King, the Duke of Wellington and a company of the Grenadier Guards, for security.
- Piedmont-Sardinia will attend, represented by King Charles Felix and his wife Princess Maria Cristina of Naples and Sicily, as well as a group of 16 elite guards.
- Russian Empire: Will attend, represented by Tsar Constantine I, and his wife, Grand Duchess Joanna Pavlovich of Poland, and 30 Royal Guards.
- French Kingdom: Louis XVIII and his Wife will attend.
- Spain:The king will attend with 20 of his elite guards
- Bavaria: New King Ludwig agrees to attend the Geneva Congress next year, and urges other monarchs of the South German Alliance System to attend as well. The King appoints a group of intellectuals, politicians, nobles and local mayors to write up a constitution. A draft of the document is expected to be completed by the middle of the year, Maxhaven is improved. An Ambassador Extraordinaire is sent to the Hohenzollern principalities, hoping to bring them into the SGAS by the Geneva Congress.
- UK D: I understand that the SGAS is set up with the interest of the South German states in mind, but if possible, as ruler of Hannover, the UK would like to have at least an honourary membership.
- France: The armies are divided - one heading to the new Ottoman front and the rest remaining in Morocco to try to take the Islamic Kingdom in Africa. While this, the King orders the construction of several railroads to connect the Kingdom and the other main cities of the Kingdom. The UK is requested that Quebec be returned to France.
- UK D: The request for Quebec is politely declined.
Events occurirng this year: Genevan Congress.
Timeline for this turn (UTC):
- 10.00 Jan 22 - 10.00 Jan 24: Main events this turn (this page).
- 10.00 Jan 23 onwards discussion - Congress page above.
- 10.00 Jan 24 - 10.00 Jan 26 Game paused - discussion only.
- 10.00 Jan 26 Game resumed, 1827, normal turns (one OTL day, six ATL months).
- Bavaria: The South German Heads of State Council (SGHoSC), after much deliberation, agrees to Hannover joining the SGAS as a full member. It issues the following statement: "The aims of the Alliance is to further the interests of the smaller German states from becoming mere puppets to larger states [ie. Prussia or Austria]. With this in mind, the Council votes to approve the membership of the Kingdom of Hannover." After much diplomatic wrangling, the Bavarian diplomats come to an agreement with the princes of the Hohenzollern principalities, and the two small states join the SGAS, which can now count all of the South German states among its members. Meanwhile, King Ludwig, his minister for foreign affairs, military attaches, and the Royal Life Guards depart Munich for Geneva. They move at a comfortable pace, seeing as Switzerland is just over the Alps from Bavaria. In domestic matters, Maxhaven is improved, and shipping and trade increases on the Rhine port.
- Spain: Builds up its industry. A group wanting a republic rises up against the government and quickly takes over Southern and Eastern Spain. The king responded to this by changing the government into a constitutional monarchy, which quickly made all the rebels lose their interest in fighting. Establishes a program that is dedicated to Flying Machines. Invites all nations in Europe to join (respond to it by saying "I will join the EFP").
Ask Russia to give it the first Table of Elementsand England to give it its steam engine to study. Plans to Invade Portugal and unite the Iberian Peninsula once and for all.
- Piedmont-Sardinia D: We will join the EFP. Also, what about that one offer I made for the Bealares?
- Russian Diplomacy: We will join the EFP,
and also the Table of Elements to use in Spanish science studies.
- A few things; having powered, heavier-than-air flight before the 1890s or 1900s is just plain ludicrous. Mounting a steam engine from the 1820s on a hot air balloon is also, at this point in time, completely ridiculous. This is due to one simple fact; engines at this point in time are simply too heavy and too large to be of use in flight. And, even with all of Europe working on it, it would still take many decades before they could be light enough to be mounted on a balloon, let alone a glider. That's not to say that research on improving balloons can't be done, and it's also not to say that gliders can't be developed (although they'd be useless in a war). But I'm not a mod, so it's just my opinion. Callumthered (talk)
- We may be able to shave off a decade or three.
- True, true, I mean, good, functioning airships in 1875 wouldn't be too much of a stretch, maybe a Wright-style plane in '89...I'm just trying to ensure there aren't any flying machines in the '50s, for example. I don't want the game becoming completely ASB, if I can help it. Callumthered (talk)
- OK. Now this is the final decision: we are not getting any important inventions more than 25 years ahead of OTL. So we will have no nukes before 1945 - 25 = 1920, no space before 1961 - 25 = 1936, no helicopters before 1936 - 25 = 1911, no planes before 1903 - 25 = 1878. Laptop_Zombie 13:02, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- So no steampunk giant metal spiders?
- What does steampunk giant metal spiders mean? And also that means no Periodic Table yet. Laptop_Zombie 13:24, January 23, 2013 (UTC)
- United Kingdom: The delegation to Switzerland sets off by sea, to land in our ally Piedmont Sardinia, before taking the land route into Geneva. Industry is further improved along with the infrastructure. The Duke of Clarence, the king's younger brother and Lord of the Admiralty is appointed the representative for Hanover in the SGAS. Several expeditions are sent into Sudan to explore the area and find the source of the Nile. An attempt in parliament to pass a bill taking control of India from the East India Trading Company fails.
- Austria: Austria declares itself free of all alliances and foreign deals while the Emperor sends Prince Corin and 95 of the Elite Guards to Geneva.
- Russian Empire: With Azeri and Turkish forces being taken down in Azerbaijan, many Georgians and Armenians are offered a chance to support the Russians and rebel against their Turkish oppressors. Baki is successfully taken over, and will now be the main Campaign HQ of the next phase of invading the Ottoman Empire. Rebellion is being encouraged in Armenian and Georgian sections to the west, claiming to "free them from the Muslim oppressors". Begins the process of "convert or die" to the Muslims, though there may be plans to offer them a chance to work with us Russians, and still be able to practice Islam, as long as they turn away from their Empire. Disappointment is expressed by the Tsar, in that Austria declares itself neutral, despite our agreement on assisting each other. The Imperial Navy continues bombarding Ottoman coastal settlements, and their inferior Navy, as more ships are built in Odessa. Number of Royal Guards are increased to 100, as Tsar Constantine I and his wife go to Geneva.
- Piedmont-Sardinia D:
Will aid in the war against he Ottomans if Piedmont-Sardinia receive all Ottoman controlles Aegean islands and the coast of Georgia.
- Piedmont-Sardinia D:
- Piedmont-Sardinia: King Charles Felix and his wife are sent to Geneva. All the guards are given the finest weapons and armor and look incredibly nice just for the purpose of showing off. The offer sent to Spain over the Baleares is sent again. The navy is expanded significantly with the addition of ten new ships, and all pirates hired in the Baltic are fired. An offer is made to the U.K. to make a joint effort in the exploration of Africa, and asks to exchange knowledge of how to make the newest grenades for the knowledge of how to make the incendary shells. Research goes into lighter-than-air aircraft and several hot air balloons are sent across the Mediterranean and most land. Some lightly armored hot air balloons are also put to use in the military. The African Connector Railroad branches out to go farther inland to cities such as Tlemcen, Tiaret, Batna, and Garyan, and construction of canals begin in Piedmonteese Africa.
- United Kingdom Diplomacy: Deal, the plans for incendary shells will be exchanged and we will also set up joint ventures into Africa.
- Spain Diplomacy: The request for Baleares is politely declined, asks for their grenades in exchange for the rifles we built and are more efficient than the old ones.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: We will share the design for the grenade under the circumstances that Spain will share it with no one else.
- Could you define "lightly armoured hot air balloons"? Because having balloons in the military as reconnaisance or perhaps as occasionally throwing rocks or bombs down upon the enemy is okay at this point in time, but I think anything which borders on an airship before, like, the 1880s is implausable and should not be permitted.Callumthered (talk)
- Lightly armored as in some sheet aluminum plating on the basket and some leather on the balloon, and by use in the military I meant guys with really long-barrelled guns for inaccurate sniping, scouting and throwing bombs. Daxus Inferno (talk) 01:17, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Oh, okay, that sounds plausible. I thought you meant like a fully ironclad balloon! Callumthered (talk)
- Greece takes the city of Izmir after heavy fighting and pushes out of the peninsula. King Constantine I of Greece travels to Geneva.
- Papal States: The Pope returns to Rome and the Papal Center of Science Military Division announced the a new rifle model named Leo XII, and the Railway project were expanded to go also to Naples since the Confederation announcing. The Army started fortifing the Holy Land and the Pope sent delegates to Geneva to end the conflicts inside Europe. While that, the Cardinal Concil called Piedmont and Naples to send delegates to Rome to sign the Confederation Pact and sent to both countries the terms of the Pact:
- The Confederation is a military union and can be also an economic union.
- The Capital is settle as Rome and a united Parliament is going to be built.
- The Pope is the official leader of the confederation, with no power however over the Parliament.
- The three nations have an equal number of MPs.
- Also the scientists of the nations will be sent to Rome to join the Papal Center of Science.
- The Parliament can't interfere over the nation decisions.
- Piedmont-Sardinia D: We did not join the Federation and the Confederation offer is basically null due to Naples - Sicily having not responded.
- Naples - Sicily: Basically, if we do offer, then we don't have to respond to ourselves, and obviously we ARE a part of this confederation then. We here agree to all terms of this Pact, and we propose each nation have ten MPs.
- Papal States D: Actually they didn't proposed a new one, but announced the one proposed.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: We are not joining the Confederation nor the Federation.
- Papal States: If Piedmont refuses to join, it would be better to rename to South Italy Confederation.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: King Charles Felix returns to Turin with happy hear seeing that peace has come to Europe. A second Forum is under construction in Turin, with its architecture taking influences from cultures all over the globe. A constitution is passed granting freedom of speech and removing the crime of blasphemy, and the country begins being advertised as a safe haven for persecuted religious minorities for all. The railroad in Corsica and Sardinia is almost completed, and the de-militarization of Piedmonteese Iceland begins, and the navy is expanded.
- Russian Empire: All forces have fully pulled out of Baku, leaving behind the Caucasus Region, which will remain Ottoman territory. Even then, Russia has gained much territory over the years, though the pain of losing Petrograd remains in the hearts of Russians. Recognizes Poland, Albania and Yugoslavia under the agreements of the Congress of Geneva. Military will continue to be expanded anddespite no current war, but based on not just Swedish or Danish attacks, but now an increasingly hostile Austria, who was once one of Russia's closest allies, has repeatedly threatened our great Empire, despite the Congress of Geneva's aims was to make peace in Europe. A new Economic plan is laid out, which will include the construction of the Imperial Railway, which will be the world's longest railroad once completed, which will connect Moscow with Tsaritsyn, and then connect to the south, going all the way down to the new territory, and ending in Niš, in the Serbian territories. (Since I believe Belgrade went to Yugoslavia). These railroads will be specially designed to lift more weight, and be larger, than any other railroad in Europe.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: Offers a military alliance against Austria in case they attack either of us.
- Russian Diplomacy: Accepts the alliance. The alliance between us and Austria has clearly been falling apart over the last few years.
- United Kingdom: The delegation from the Congress of Geneva happy with peace which has came to Europe. The new countries formed are recognised. The city of London is renovated with new classical architecture being used, as the city expands thanks to industrial development. Several small commercial boats on the river thames now use the steam engine as a mode of propulsion, though this remains unpopular due to the habit of the engine setting the boat on fire. The navy is expanded to include several new large man of wars. These are sent to Cyprus to form the core of a new fleet to protect the Ottomans, as promised at Geneva. A new excursion into Africa explores the Horn of Africa, making alliances with several local tribes and building a trading post.
- Greece begins to expell Turks from the Greek homeland and asks the Ottoman Empire for a swap: All ethnic Greeks will come to Greece and ethnic Turks will be sent to the Ottoman Empire. Greece recognises the new states of Albania, Poland and Yugoslavia.
- Ottoman Empire: Agree, on the condition human rights shall not be violated preceding sendings. Also wishes to normalize relations, have an embassy exchange and trade deals.
- Someone should upload the new map.
- I will. Laptop_Zombie 01:07, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Papal States: Pope Leo XII is happy with the peace results and send his best wishes for the new countries. He also accept the Russian request to train soldiers in the Holy Land, but is requested the number of soldiers to be trained. The Pope also accepted the alliance with the United Kingdom, but he again sent his offer of funding and send mens to help building the canal across the Sinai, with the condition of having part of the canal rights of use. The Cardinal Concil sent a letter to the King of Sardinia and the King of Naples, proposing a solution to the past conflicts, and allow both to be in the Italian Confederacy: a union of the two royal families, what would allow a better trust and alliance. The Pope main concern in his speech was if the Quadruple Alliance would be renovated, or be shaterred in pieces.
- Russian Diplomacy: We ask for up to 100,000 soldiers to be trained in the Holy Land, though they are on very strict orders not to damage any holy relics, or they will face the death penalty. We also offer to help in building the canal across the Sinai, as it would benefit all of Europe.
- Naples - Sicily: Agrees to this, and will start this plan right when Piedmont accepts.
- Also I think both alliances are gone now.Laptop_Zombie 01:40, January 27, 2013 (UTC)
- Piedmont-Sardinia D: Declines the offer to resolve past conflicts with Naples-Sicily, they betrayed us and never even had the decency to apologize or make amends.
- Russian Diplomacy: We know how you feel, since with everything going on with Austria.
- Spain Diplomacy: We wish to have the freedom to pray in Jerusalem.
- Papal States Diplomacy: The Russian soldiers can be sent to the Holy Land and they can rest in some of the Papal forts in the Sinai, and all Christian Faiths are allowed to pray in Jerusalem. We don't accept the Russian offer to help building the canal since it need approval from UK since it is right in the border between British and Papal lands.
- Spain: Spain further improves its industrialisation and arms most of its troops with the mass-produced Piedmont-Sardinian grenades. The navy is greatly improved and established a base in Balaeres. Asks Russia and Piedmont-Sardinia to allow Spain to establish a military base to defend peace in Europe. The first air force, consisting of hot air balloons shielded with aluminum with rifles, is built. A new economical and military plan is made, consisting of three main points. Firstly, Spain will increase its urbanization and reach 40% urbanized by 1870. Secondly, Spain will become the 2nd industrialized country in 1870 (1st is Britain). Thirdly, the military will expand by 200% and Spain will succeed in taking back all Central and South American colonies by 1870.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: Didn't we just restore peace to Europe? Why would you want to invade Austria?
- Sweden: Your 3-point plan should be scrapped and replaced with a 1-point plan: reach economic and industrial power without disrupting the peace in Europe. If an attack on Portugal or Austria is launched, you will have made more enemies than you can count.
- Russian Diplomacy: Even though the Austrians have angered us, we only plan to attack Austria if they strike first. Everyone went to the effort to have peace in Europe, at least everyone should respect that.
- Sweden: The Great Fire of Turku destroys 75% of the city in Finland Province. Parliament passes several bills to alter the construction regulations on buildings to make them less prone to fire. Albania,Yugoslavia and Poland are recognised and delegates are sent to establish relations with the governments of each nation, with hopes of embassies also being issued.
- Greece agrees to all of the Ottoman Empire's requests. An ambassador is sent to Ankara and Greece's army and navy is expanded.
- Russian Empire: Continues development on the Imperial Railway, with the first portion planned to be between Moscow and Tsarityn. Military continues expansion, despite peace, in order to maintain the strength of this Empire.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: Theologians from Sweden, Russia, the Papal States, and Ottomans are invited to Turin todiscuss and debate religion in the Forum. An embassy exchange is asked for with Constantinople, the Netherlands, Albania and Yugoslavia, and Naples-Sicily (so that the two nations may have SOME relations). A newer, larger, better armored hot air balloon is introduced into the military, able to carry eight people and thick rubber plates behind the aluminum, as well as anchors that can easily be climbed down (or up). Expeditons are sent around Somalia and some small trading posts are set up, and information is shared with the U.K. The navy is expanded and Operation Atlantis Vanguard is undergone which is an operation to crack down on Barbary Corsairs.
- Albania + Naples-Sicily + Netherlands + Yugoslavia: Yes
- Denmark: We would like to represent Atheism in the Forum, OK?
- Piedmont-Sardinia: Sure, but not sure as to how that would work.
- Spain D: We would like to represent Catholic in the Forum, OK? and also have an embassy exchange.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: The Pope is already representing Catholicism in Turin, but you can represent it in Tunis (where the first Forum is), and we accept the embassy exchange.
- OK, we just have different countries standing for different religions. There could be multiple nations per religion. Fine right, Daxus Inferno? Regards, Laptop Zombie 05:55, January 28, 2013 (UTC)
- Sweden: We will send the Archbishop of Uppsala, Carl von Rosenstein, to represent the Swedish Lutheran Church.
- Papal States: The Pope himself goes to Turin in the Rome-Turin railway together with Theologians from the Papal States to the Forum. In order to create the Italian Confederacy, Rome requested from the Sardinian King if there is anyway to be able to enter the Italian Confederacy together with Naples-Sicily, like having troops in Naples. Industrializations restart and the growing economy start leaving Rome and going to close cities.
- Piedmont-Sardinia D: We may join the Confederation soon, no guarantees.
- France: The Vassal State of Albania begins its military build up, as the French Kingdom does and it requests Piedmont to aid in the Invasion of Morocco. An expedition is sent to Western New Holland (also, may I become mapmaker and if so, may I change the Current Map? It has some Pixelation I would like to remove).
- Piedmont-Sardinia D: We will aid you, but in no major fashion.
- Spain D: Spain will support France as a test for its new air force.
- Sorry, Pixellation shall not be removed, borders must be in white.
- Bavaria: (Sorry for not posting, major flooding in my part of the world). Diplomats arrive back from Geneva, pleased that most of their proposals were accepted. The king, however, demands that the comment that Bavaria is "greedy" be retracted, seeing as Bavaria gained absolutely NO land from the congress, and only sought to do what was best for European peace. The army is expanded. The king decides to send a ship from Maxhaven on a voyage of exploration to the Pacific. Due to Bavaria's landlocked nature, we can never hope for colonies, so the expedtion is purely for scientific purposes.
- Netherlands: Offer to help in the voyage, we have Dutch East Indies.
- Spain: Expands its three branches of military. Urbanizes and industrializes its country. We would like to promote peace and apologizes for our recent war-liking behaviour. We are about to start the first European expo, which will have countries all around Europe involved in it. We hope to hold the first one in Madrid and we can vote for the next world expo. Our scientists have made an improved rifle and bullet. A fleet is sent and arrives in Eastern New Holland. A small settlement starts there.
- Voting for next city to hold the European expo;
- He he, we are going to have 30 turns anniversary and the first archive. Long live this game! Regards, Laptop Zombie 07:47, January 28, 2013 (UTC)
- Prussia: Industrialises its city and expands its army. Starts a navy and air force. Asks Russia, Piedmont-Sardinia, Bavaria, UK and Spain for an alliance
- Piedmont-Sardinia: Accepts.
- You might want to fix that text.
- Sweden: The crown warrants the opening of Oslo Zoo, the first scientific zoo in the world, intended to be used as a collection for scientific study. The Border Police Act creates the territorial police force responsible for law enforcement in the Swedish-Russian and Swedish-Danish border regions as well as Baltic ports.
- Bavaria: Accepts the Netherlands' kind offer of last year, and work continues on preparing the expedition. The army is improved, and a non-aggression pact with Prussia is accepted. (I may not be able to post for a day or two, this is due to power outages, not me quitting! :)
- Greece requests to represent Greek Orthodoxy at the Theologist conference. Greece's army and navy are expanded.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: Sure
- Piedmont-Sardinia: Soldiers begin the siege of Oujda and Jerada are undergone to support our French ally. The sieges are cut short significantly when bombings from hot air balloons and infiltrations cause each city to surrender after less than two weeks. Hot air balloons, small war parties, and outriders are sent to scout surrounding area up to Fes and send the information is relayed to France. The border between Piedmont and Austria is strenghtened significantly; due to the policy of religous freedom recently implemented as well as advertising to be a safe haven for the religiously persecuted, a large wave of immigrants assail the nation (mostly Muslims from now-Christian Balkans, Catholics from the UK, Muslims from British North Africa, and Christians from Antolia), and where there comes mass immigration comes discrimination. The religous debate takes place in Turin, and as for the people in the crowd some converted, others de-converted, but everyone left with a more open and understanding mind, and the debate becomes known as the Grand Meeting. More explorations are undergone in Africa and a small permanent colony is set up in Somalia.
- Papal States: The Pope reaches Turin safely through the railway and enjoy his time in the city to ask Piedmont-Sardinia for an Alliance. In order to maintain the Holy Land, the Sinai Corps is created and soon drafted from residents of the Sinai. The Cardinal Concil requested a meeting with the Ottoman Sultan in Jerusalem, allowing him to go with his personal guard or more, in order to propose the Religion Peace Act, that says that Muslims will be allowed to peregrinate to Jerusalem, if the Papal States get more land, specifically Syria. The more mercenaries are recruited and all of then incorporated to the new Regular Mercenary Corps. A museum is going to be built in Jerusalem to remember the Christian persecution during the Roman times.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: We accept the alliance offer.
- Russian Empire: Respectfully declines the Prussian alliance offer, though offers to be a witness. Offers to help rebuild Baki (OTL Baku), after the siege, as a sign of new friendship between the Ottoman and the Russian Empires, including connecting a railroad to Tsarityn. Witnessing an increased number of troops on the Swedish-Russian border, near Latvia, the Imperial Army briefly brings 150,000 soldiers to the border, in fear of a surprise attack, though tensions defuse when it's claimed to just be a security drill. Still, tension is felt in Moscow.
- Spain: To assist its ally, France, Spanish Sky Navy (previously named Air Force), flies into Morocco. With no artillery and high-sky machine guns, the Spanish Sky Navy was able to drop hundreds of bombs on Morocco and destroy half of Moroccan food, factories and farms. The Spanish army crosses the strait of Gibraltar and invades Tangier. Its general tells all its soldiers to treat the Moroccans with respect to ease Moroccan anger. The army, with the support of the Sky Navy, is taking Northern Morocco. Advertising itself, as a haven for every citizen, Spain hopes that large waves of immigrants will come to Spain and help build Spain. The navy, sky navy and army are expanded and modernized. As the result of the voting system, the next European Expo will be held at Turin, Piedmont-Sardinia in 1830. The navy is built and settlers were found in Spain to resettle South America. Sends a fleet to Liberia in hope of establishing a colony. Starts the three-point plan and starts mass-scale urbanizing and industrialisation. Passes the Freedom of Religion Act asking for absolute no discrimination at any kind of religion. Asks Russia to allow Spain a military base in the city of Lublin to protect Russia, a close ally of Spain, in case of a two front war that breaks out between Austria, Sweden and Russia.
- Prussia: Industrialises its city and expands its army. Starts a navy and air force. Asks Russia, Piedmont-Sardinia, Bavaria, UK and Spain for an alliance.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: More colonists are sent to Somalia and a group is sent to northern New Zealand (naming it New Sardinia). The navy and air force are expanded, and France is asked if Piedmont-Sardinia will be allowed to keep the small bit of land taken from Morocco. Industiliazation continues, and some laws are nearly passed limiting the rights of the incoming immigrants. Spain, Russia and Sweden are asked to tone down the prevocative military placements to keep pece in Europe. Greece and Naples-Sicily are asked to help with Operation Atlantis Vanguard (to crack down on Barbary Corsairs).
- Greece agrees to the Operation and immediately sends ships to help Piedmont-Sardinia. Industrialization continues.
- Bavaria: The draft for the new constitution is finally completed by the panel of experts, and is accepted by King Ludwig. The document gives Bavarians freedom of religion, freedom of the press, and freedom of assembly (as long as it isn't traitorous). The Parliament is defined as having two houses: the upper house, consisting of nobles, Church leaders, and nominees of the King, and the lower house, consisting of members elected triennially by all men aged 25 and over and who own more than 50 Gulden of property. The King is guaranteed the right to block legistlation, summon parliament, dissolve parliament, and is head of the military. The Constitution is accepted by the parliament, and is welcomed by the people. However, a small group of Catholic hardliners, the Ultramonates, are annoyed that Protestants are allowed to practise their religion openly, and plan to win seats in the next election. In other news, the army is improved a bit. The Pacific Expedition, as it has become known, departs Maxhaven and sails off to explore, chart, and investigate the Pacific.
- Austria: Austria continues military buildup and offers an alliance to Sweden, France and Prussia.
- Sweden accepts the chance to unite with a fellow European nation.
- Sweden: Sailors, navigators and explorers flood to the courts of King Charles XIV John, trying to persuade Sweden to follow suit in exploring the west with other European nations. A small expedition is permitted and sets sail from Bergen. The first ring spinning machine is invented for making yarn.
- Spain: Industrialisation and urbanization continues, while the government tries to preserve as much Spanish culture as possible. Ask France to allow Spain to keep the little bit of Morocco they conquered. The new constitution is written and it will follow Bavaria's constitution. The document gives the Spanish people freedom of religion, freedom of the press, and freedom of assembly (as long as it isn't traitorous). The Parliament is defined as having two houses: the upper house, consisting of nobles, Church leaders, the Royal family and the lower house, consisting of members elected triennially by all men aged 25 and over and who own more than 50 Spanish Dollars worth of property. The King is guaranteed the right to block legislation, summon parliament, dissolve parliament, and is head of the military. Responding to Piedmont-Sardinia's request, Spain is going to cut down militants by 50% in five years but increase in reserve militants by 50%. Also, the active soldiers would be more trained and would have a higher quality than ever. The reserve militants would consist of all able-bodied males in the ages of 18-30, and would train for at least two weeks annually. The Madrid university is opened in Madrid. Although, the military personnel were cut down, more ships were built and the university is studying a kind of iron-plated battleship. Sailors, navigators, explorers and settlers are banded together to resettle South America. Asks Piedmont-Sardinia if Spain could join Operation Atlantis Vanguard.
- P.S. D: Will accept your help in the Operation.
- Papal States: Pope Leo XII learns about some protests in Rome, requesting an elected Parliament and granted the wish of the people. An assembly should be elected the soon as possible, and the elected should write a constitution to the Papal States. However all of the members need to be members of the church, making the Parliament just a bigger Cardinal College. The Cardinal College offered Piedmont some of the Papal Navy to help if required on the Operation. The Pope sent a letter requesting an alliance with Greece, to unity the nations that were and are so close, but also requested from Spain. Leo XII also said in his weekly speech if there isn't a way of nations to compete with no war, maybe sports. (I suppose the Olympics are not an invention). It was also announced an expedition over the corn of Africa.
- P.S. D: We accept the help of your navy (also the Olympics have been around since ancient Greece and already exist).
- France: The kingdom agrees on Giving Spain and Piedmont small areas of Morocco if France keeps the rest, and agrees to the alliance with Austria. While this, a Small colony is Set in OTL Kenya and West New Holland, Military is Built up as Some infrastructure and Many railways are built along the Kingdom, while the King Begins the formation of a Parliamentarian Senate to agree some Peace within the still existent Republican Feelings in the kingdom.
- Russian Empire: Threatens to break ties with Austria if they align themselves with the Swedish. Starts construction of the new Imperial Railroad, that will be wider and longer than any other railway in the world. The initial plan of the Imperial Railroad was to stretch between Moscow and Nis, though seeing opportunity in the vast east of Siberia, Phase II will connect Tsarityn and Novosibirsk, though it would be very long, reportedly somewhere over three thousand km. The new railroad will connect Niš (Serbia), Bucharest (Romania), Odesa (Ukraine), Rostov-na-Donu, Moskov, Ufa, Chelyabinsk, Omsk and ending in Novosibirsk. This will also improve the poverty-filled regions of Siberia, by taking advantage of their long neglected industry, and will shorten the long travel length between Moscow and Novosibirsk. The Imperial Army and Navy continue building up, including starting research on these "airships" that many other countries have been talking about.
- Austria is already aligned with Sweden.
- Sweden reminds Russia that we need peace, and that strengthening relations with nations is a key way to obtain it. If Russia isn't happy with countries working together, so be it, but we request that you do not end relations with Austria for trying to find friends.
- Russian Diplomacy: This isn't about Austria trying to find friends, that have repeatedly threatened us, and have attempted to break off relations, something that we ourselves have gone and done ourselves after enough was enough. And even if the Tsar wanted a friendship with Sweden, many in the northern regions still remember the loss of Petrograd and Estonia, and would not be too happy to suddenly be allies. And besides, we offered a brief (though secret) alliance with you to get back at Denmark, but you never responded.
- Prussia: Politely declines with Austria's offer of an alliance. Builds up the Army and the Navy. Embraces a constitutional monarchy similar to Bavaria's and Spain's. Ask Bavaria for a German alliance. Asks Russia and Poland to expand the railroad until it connects Berlin too, in exchange Prussia will send workers to help build the railroad and will give Russia the airship designs if they discovered it first. Industrialises and urbanizes its country and asks Spain for airship designs. The government develops the first typewriter and is researching "a machine that can send words miles apart in seconds".
- Russian Diplomacy: Agreed. We will make a line of the Imperial Railroad between Moscow and Berlin, how does the name, "Russian-Prussian Friendship Railway" sound?
- Austria offers some land in northern Austria in return for a full alliance.
- United Kingdom: A colony is set up in Tanzania, with a trade post set up on Zanzibar. The new focus of research is on these new fangled airships, which will be put under the control of the Royal Navy. The penal colonies in Australia are expanded with a new one set up farther along the coast. The canal from the Mediterranean to the Red Sea begins to be dug. The Queen is pregnant, with hopes it is a boy.
- Bavaria: The Prussian offer of alliance is politely declined. (The reason is this: Prussia is the most powerful German state, and wants a hegemony over the rest of Germany. Prussia is also strongly Protestant, and Bavaria is strongly Catholic. These reasons also make it impossible for Prussia to accept Austria's offer of an alliance, because Austria wants to remain the hegemon of the German Confed., while Prussia wants Germany to be under its rule.) The Pacific Expedition stops off in the Dutch East Indies, and then continues to the Pacific. A group of Islands off the coast of New Guinea (otl Bismarck Archipelago) are named the Wittelsbach Archipelago, and OTL New Britain is named New Bavaria. The expedition moves on to Tonga and Samoa, where the explorers map the islands, and take animal specimens, as well as interacting with the native islanders. In Bavaria, the army is improved, and goes on its usual maneuvers. The Army General Staff orders a Balloon Corps to be created. It will consist of ten hot air balloons, to be used for reconnaissance and for throwing rocks and grenades at the enemy, if need be.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: A new branch of the military called the Cloud is created, exclusively for hot air balloons and special forces that can be dropped from them (via rope, not literally dropped). The African Connector Railroad is built to go farther inland and to reach Oujda. Borders along Austria are strengthened once more in case either the Austrians or the allied Russians do anything rash. The navy is expanded, as well as the colonies in New Sardinia and Somalia. Due to the many nations aiding in Operation Atlantis Vanguard, Barbary Corsairs have become far rarer and the Operation is declared a passive mission that will consist of simple Mediterranean patrols.
- Russian Empire: Continues the construction of the Imperial Railway, with the start of producing the Russian-Prussian Friendship Railway, which heads all the way to Berlin, which is expected to be about 1,115 miles (1,794 km), and will cross through Poland, though the Polish have yet to be informed of this construction. The Tsar officially authorizes the new department of the Imperial Navy, named the Imperial Aerial Navy, and offers to help research the usage of hot air balloons in combat.
- Piedmont-Sardinia Diplomacy: We will sell steel cheap at a very low price for the railroad if Russia buys steel only from Sardinia-Piedmont for the duration of the railroad construction.
- Sweden D: We will give you all the steel you need for free if we can settle our differences at a peace conference. Europe needs peace and stability, not hostility between our nations.
- Prussia D: We will also give you all the steel you need for free if we can improve our relationships greatly and become a closely allied country
- Piedmont-Sardinia D: R.I.P.: Our business plan.
- Russian Diplomacy: We have decided that we are will to get steel from all three nations for the following.
- We are willing to buy steel from Piedmont-Sardinia, if they allow us to get steel from other nations too.
- We want peace in Europe too, so if Sweden gives us free steel, we will end all hostilities, and move all of our soldier away from the Swedish border, along with building a railroad to Helsinki or Stockholm, going through Petrograd. (The Russian-Swedish Peace Railway?)
- If Sweden and Piedmont-Sardinia still maintain relations with us, we will join an alliance with Prussia to get more free steel, along with non-aggression pacts with Piedmont-Sardinia and Sweden.
- This would greatly expand the Imperial Railroad, having a connection outside of the Empire, if all three agree, as we can't fully operate the mills in Siberia until they are connected, in fact, if anyone would prefer, we could rename it, the "European Railway".
- Piedmont-Sardinia D: We agree to this.
- Spain D: Can the railroad extend to France and Spain?
- Russian Diplomacy: With enough funding, it can :)
- Prussia: We agree to this and will extend the Prussian part of the railway into Frankfurt and Hamburg.
- Swedish D: A non-aggression pact shall be signed, and we support the name 'European Railway' to refer to the entire network and the 'Russian-Swedish Peace Railway' to be the official name of the track reaching from Petrograd to Helsinki. We may extend the railway to Stockholm if our budget allows.
- Russian Diplomacy: The plans for the now called "European Railway" is becoming a bigger success than expected. Even the Tsar is surprised at the success of the European Railway, and our future of peace, including the possibility of a "European Union".
- Switzerland: Industrializes Berne and Zurich, opens markets to sell and invites teachers from different countries to teach different languages in school.
- Papal States: The Parliament in Rome wrote a constitution that grants to the Pope full power over the Parliament, and being also the greatest justice authority of the nation. The official religion is Catholic, but all Christian faiths are allowed. However, the Parliament assumes the political power from the Cardinal College. The army generals pledge to the Parliament to allow the creation of an Air balloon division, and the Parliament put that to a vote. The Papal Center of Science started studies over the recently used air balloons and their uses, with no success. The Pope requested an alliance from Bavaria and Spain.
- Spain: Spain further industrialises and modernizes its cities and reaches 10% of urbanization and industrialization. Agrees with the alliance with Papal states. Gives Prussia the airship technology in exchange for a strong military alliance. A regiment named "Thunder Troops" is established and it will serve like Piedmont-Sardinia's "The Cloud". Reminds Piedmont-Sardinia about the European Expo to be held in Turin next year. Asks if Spain can join the African connector railroad, in Africa. The navy is expanded and modernized for its next invasion against South America. Finished the iron plated man-of-war research and is now building a fully iron man-of-war. Sends a fleet to the Pacific to start exploring and hopes that they can find some new lands.
- Papal States D.: The Pope asks if the Papal States and get some land in South America, in a size like Uruguay, but giving full military support in the invasion and giving religious support.
- Spanish D: Agrees with Papal States' offer and agrees to give Uruguay if the campaign is successful.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: Adding Spain to the African Connector Railroad will begin.
- Hang on, what do you mean "its next invasion of South America?" Are you trying to win back parts from the revolutionaries? And also, don't forget you already own Cuba, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Philippines. Callumthered (talk)
- Yes he is, and anyway, NO COLONIAL CHANGES UNTIL 1835. Sorry. Regards, Laptop Zombie 00:43, February 3, 2013 (UTC)
- OK, we're not going to invade until 1835 anyway.Alexlee8991 (talk) 04:12, February 3, 2013 (UTC)
OTL Puerto Rico is discovered by the Swedish Expeditionary Force and negotiations with the native Taíno peoples for land access begin with moderate success.
- Prussia: Politely declines Austria's offer of an alliance again. Builds up the Army and the Navy. Industrialises and urbanizes its country and asks Spain for iron-plated man-of-war designs in exchange for military support in Spain's campaign against South America. Gives Russia the airship designs. The government develops the first telegraph. Sends a large fleet to the Pacific like Bavaria and Spain. Embraces a military plan similar to Spain's and builds the first air force.
- Guys, I'm so proud of this map game I'm deleting rule #10 so I will play a nation. I don't know which one yet. Also, we're close to the first archive - guys, let's party this. Regards, Laptop Zombie 15:03, February 2, 2013 (UTC)
- So now players can be mods? VictorMolinaro (talk) 18:49, February 2, 2013 (UTC)
- I recommend you play as a relatively minor nation, because sometimes when mods play as large, important nations, they get very biased, a vice which you, however, have not displayed. Callumthered (talk)
- VictorMolinaro, yes they may (but needs approval by me). And I'm playing either Yugoslavia, Belgium or Constantinople. Which one should I choose? Regards, Laptop Zombie 00:43, February 3, 2013 (UTC)
- I suggest Constantinople Daxus Inferno (talk) 00:50, February 3, 2013 (UTC)
- I suggest Belgium. Constantinople would be boring to play, Yugoslavia is in the Balkans, and in between Austria and Russia and Greece. Belgium is on the Atlantic, can have a navy, can potentially colonise, and is an ally of Britain, so you're basically safe. Callumthered (talk)
- I will play Belgium. Regards, Laptop Zombie 01:56, February 3, 2013 (UTC)
- Greece refuses the Papal States' request for unity. Greece also sends ships around Africa to search for new land.
- France: The invasion of Morocco continues while the city of Rabat is besieged. The Colony in Australia expands southwards and Spain is offered aid in the reconquest of South America if they agree to parts of Eastern Nueva Granada to France. While this, France plans its own intervention of Haiti to launch a secret intervention to Mexico (which is pretty much the most extended Empire in North America outside British Canada, rivaling in size with the Current US). While this, two Colonies are made in OTL Tanzania. The military is built up and the railways are built along the Atlantic Coast.
Events this year: European Exposition is being held in Turin.
I, the head mod of this map game, ratify this into reality after 1930.5. Also, we're developing an algorithm after 1930.5. Four days delay for these reforms. Regards, Laptop Zombie 12:14, February 3, 2013 (UTC)
- I take it you mean 1830.5? ;) Callumthered (talk)
- So...can we post for this turn?
- Yes. I mean, we continue until 1930.5, and then switch to one year per turn.
- Belgium: Develops relations with the Netherlands, Sweden and Denmark. We continue to improve our navy and army. Ships go all around Europe for trades.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: A proposal is sent to all effected nations that the African Connector Railroad go through the Holy Land, Spanish Morocco to the Strait of Gibraltar, and will have a ferry to the other side where the railroad will begin anew and go through Southern Spain, Southern France, meet at Turin (which is connected to Rome), go through Austria Yugoslavia, Albania, Greece, Constantinople, and the Ottomans to meet up in the Holy Land and to rename the railroad the Mediterranean Railway. A section of the air force devoted to dropping bombs has been renamed "the Rain" and the section devoted to scouting be called "the Wind," the air force and navy expand and the military has almost fully recovered from the Second Northern War. Preparations for the European Expo are made, the immigration wave dies down.
Colonists are sent to Tasmania and call it New Corsica. The Somalia and New Sardinian colonies expand.
- Russian Empire: Continues expansion of the Imperial Army and Navy, and developing an Air Force consisting of airships. Offers a meeting with the Swedish in Stockholm, for an idea of a "European Union", that could be an alliance promising peace and economic stability in Europe. Plans to expand searching for resources in Siberia.
- Bavaria: The Pacific Expedition continues on its merry way, studying the various cultures of the Pacific Islands. Eventually it ends up in Hawaii and the Captain meets with the Hawaiian King and establishes diplomatic relations between him and Bavaria. After a time in Hawaii, the expedition sets sail and starts the journey home. The Bavarian Aeronautical Corps is officially created, with the balloons arriving from the factory. The air crews begin training. The Corps is independent of other army formations, and is answerable directly to the Chief of the General Staff. The other parts of the army are improved. Some of Bavaria's wares are sent to the European Exposition.
- Greece continues to expand its army and navy. Greece agrees to the idea of a Mediterranean Railway, thinking that it will enhance trade within the Mediterranean nations.
- Of course, everybody expands their militaries (this refers to all unchosen nations).
- Belgium: Expands the military. Tries to establish relations with Russia and Piedmont-Sardinia.
- Sweden: King Charles XIV John and his Prime Minister agrees to meet Constantine I and/or senior Russian officials to discuss a "European Union". All other European nations are invited to a second conference, which will be held in the near future.
- Papal States: The Pope officialized the new constitution and opened the first session of the Parliament. Leo XII was well received and stayed during the whole day. The Sinai Corps start training in the desert and mountains to be ready to any extreme situation. The expedition in the Horn of Africa establishes contact with Abyssinia and tries to establish a trade agreement and the Papal East Africa Company is formed and approved by the Parliament. The Mediterranean Railway is supported if the cost is well shared so it isn't too big. An embassy is requested with Belgium.
- Piedmont-Sardinia: King Charles Felix enters ill health, but it seems only minor. Piedmontese Fog, a company set up by the government, is created to ferry people across from Piedmontese Africa, Sardinia, Corsica and the mainland via hot air balloons and primitive Zeppelins (which are basically galleys with balloons). An embassy exchange is asked for with Belgium. New Sardinia and Somali colonies expand, and the population of Emmanuelia increases to over 2,000. The European Expo takes place!
- Voting for next European Expo.
- Russian Empire: Is ready to expand the Empire. Accepts an agreement to open a Russian Embassy in Brussels, and a Belgian Embassy in Moscow. Asks Belgium, Papal States and Piedmont-Sardinia if they would be interested in joining a "union", though not everything is revealed, since "EU" talks remain behind closed doors in both Russia and Sweden. Helps build a Swedish Embassy in Moscow, and our Embassy in Stockholm. Meanwhile, to the Far East, Russia still looks to expansion, including looking to America.
- Piedmont-Sardinia D: We would be interested in a Union, but interest is as far as it goes at the moment.
- Greece requests to host the next European Expo. Railroads begin to be built all around the country, as well as to Constantinople. Regular ferry services begin. The army and navy is expanded.
- Bavaria: The Pacific Expedition finally returns to Maxhaven, and is greeted by jubilant crowds. The captain is awarded the Order of Max Joseph by King Ludwig, and work begins on classifying and organising the specimens and artifacts. The Army goes on maneuvers with the other members of the SGAS, including the Aeronautical Corps. The parliament approves the creation of the Royal Bavarian Railways, a government-owned company which will build railways around the country.
- France: The Australian Colony in the west Expands, and the Presence in Kenya begins expanding, the railway from Piedmont. While this, the Campaign in Mexico Begins, and French troops land in Veracruz to begin the Taking over of the Empire, military is built up.
- Bavaria: Work continues on classifying the specimens brought back from the expedition. King Ludwig, conscious of the lack of a general museum in Munich, commissions a "Museum of the History of man and Nature". It will be situated opposite the Greek museum which his father built. Work begins immediately, and the builders are told they will be given a reward if they can complete it by November 1831, by which time the Pacific Specimens will be ready to be put in it. Royal Bavarian Railway begins work on a track connecting Munich to Nuremburg. Meanwhile, the Army is built up.
- Belgium: Railways are built in the nations, and expand into Luxembourg and the Netherlands with allowance of the Dutch and Luxembourgian governments (RNG). Improve the infrastructure. Exchange embassy with Russia and Piedmont-Sardinia
- Spain: Spain further industrialises and modernizes its cities and reaches 20% of urbanization and industrialization. Gives Prussia the airship technology in exchange for a strong military alliance. Spain develops a Spanish equal of "The Rain" and "The Wind", naming them "Firestorm" and "Hermes Troops". Asks if Spain can join the Mediterranean. The navy is expanded and modernized for its next invasion against South America. The fully iron man-of-war is named battleship and is similar to OTL destroyers. The Pacific Fleet lands in New Zealand and builds a small colony in Southern New Zealand and Australia. Potato chips and bicycles are shown at the European expo, attracting many visitors to play and taste. Asks to exchange embassies with all European countries. Starts building a museum in Barcelona, named the "Pacific Fleet Memorial Museum" with things discovered in the Pacific.
- Eastern Australia is British, and France already has a colony in the West, so I'm unsure where your colony could be.
- Also Piedmont-Sardinia owns all of Northern New Zealand - for future reference.
- The North island, you mean? If so, you should probably sign a treaty with the Maoris. They were very warlike, and gave the British lots of trouble OTL. If you sign a treaty which gives them authority over their own affairs, they should be reasonably happy.
- Prussia: Builds up the Army and the Navy. Industrialises and urbanizes its country and asks Spain for iron-plated man-of-war designs in exchange for military support in Spain's campaign against South America. Gives Russia the airship designs. The government develops the first telegraph. Sends a large fleet to the Pacific like Bavaria and Spain. Embraces a military plan similar to Spain's and builds the first air force.
- C'mon people, post!
- I have a question: Why is this game an ASB Map Game? Regards, Laptop Zombie 10:00, February 7, 2013 (UTC)
- We don't really need a big community for this map game, as long as we can keep it in the long run. You should have noticed many 'big' map games dying because the players just can't control a wide world. Any ideas to keep this map game living? Regards, Laptop Zombie 14:30, February 7, 2013 (UTC)
- I think the one turn equals one year next year will help. It also appears that rule 12 is being almost blatantly ignored, so maybe that could go sooner than 1835. However, if/when colonial changes are allowed, I think people should still only be able to play as European nations (and maybe the USA, as long as they don't go expansion-crazy). The reason for this is that, as you mentioned, in some map games, there are a good number of players, but they play as really far-off nations, which can't really interact with each other, which is kinda the whole point. Anyway, just my thoughts, Callumthered (talk)
- By 1831 we'll have a total reform: new turn duration, algorithm installed, new world map. Map game to be resumed on Monday. Well, probably only Europe and US. Japan after 1868. No more nations. Regards, Laptop Zombie 14:56, February 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Piedmont-Sardinia: Offers to aid Spain in return for the Yucatan Peninsula and Caribbean Islands. Navy, army, Wind, and Cloud expand, while the border with Austria is less fortified. The colonies in New Sardinia and Somalia expand. The population of Emmanueia increases to over 2400.
- I think Mexico is independent, they were pretty much independent by 1816. Am I wrong?
- Papal States: The Parliament approved the East Africa Company's desire to establish a city in the horn of Africa. Roads are being built to connect it to Abyssinia's Capital. Scientific expeditions are made by the Papal Center of Science to several parts of the world, to make several studies, and the chief of the Center invited the Bavarian scientists to help in the exploration of the world. Several animals are discovered through expeditions.
- Piedmont-Sardinia Dip: We already have colonies in the Horn of Africa and ask the Papal State to choose a different location.
- Papal States Dip: Does Piedmont-Sardinia have colonies in every location in the Horn of Africa?
- Piedmont-Sardinia Dip: No, but plenty of OTL Somalia, I believe.
- Bavarian D: Delighted to be getting some recognition, some of the naturalists from the Bavarian Pacific Expedition travel to Rome to take part in the Papal expeditions.
- France: The intervention of Mexico continues as the Royal troops Take Veracruz and begin setting up, (BTW what happened with Morocco? Why is it tinted in the Netherlands colour? He didn't even mention them.) The Colony of Nouvelle Aquitaine in Western Australia expands as more colonists take coastline Southwards. French Guiana expands south to the Amazonas regions with some towns being made as outposts for further expansion. Military is built up, and railways are continuously built up and the Vassal of France follows the same movements towards modernity. Kenyan Colony expands.
- Russian Empire: Continues expansion of the European Railroad, which will go from Russia, to destinations in Prussia and Sweden. Military continues buildup, for planned expansion in the east, looking to Asia as a place to make friends, or make new territory.