Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Back to Explorers 1452
- The Ottomans decide after the crusaders' refusal of both peace offers, decide that the only way to deal with these stubborn crusaders, send an army of over 40,000 troops, including the new cannon the great bombard, to Cyprus. The attack totally surprises the the crusaders and wipes out over half their forces, driving them from Cyprus. The empire also finishes the fortress the crusaders started. Reinforcements are sent to the colonies and the Florentines are pushed out of overseas territories. The Empire offers an ultimatum, cease the crusades or the sultan will call a Jihad against all crusading nations. Any nation who accepts the ultimatum will be spared from the jihad.
- The Empire of Trebizond, displeased with the interruption of their business in the Mediterranean by the Tenth Crusade, pledges financial help to the Turkish sultan and begins hiring mercenaries and mercenary fleets to protect their ships and merchants in the sea and in Palestine as well. Meanwhile, they subdue the last of the Asiatic tribes in their vicinity directly to the East. Asiatics displaced by this conquest are granted tracts of land in Africa and join the next Greek colonists in expanding Trebizond's territory on the coast.
- The Papal forces continue to battle desperately for Rhodes. Knowing that no mercy will be shown to them, the defenders fight on with dogged fury. Their strategic defensive positions ensure that the Mamluks begin to take heavy losses. Their huge size of over 70,000 also hinders the Egyptians, as they are becoming cramped on the island. This leads to unsanitary conditions, ripe for viruses and bacteria. Realizing this, the Papal forces release diseased cows into the Mamluk camp, beginning a plague outbreak that affects the Egyptians but for the most part, spares the European defenders.
- The whole Tropa Coloniale Sudamericana, composing of 50,000 well-armed men, reinforce the Florentine remains in Ottoman South America, and re-take much of the land. At the same time, the Tropa Coloniale Centroamericana, a much smaller army of 1,000 men, takes much of the backward Inca Empire, and takes Cuzco again. Finally, an attack from Bengal into Ottoman India, taking over much of Bihar and the easternmost regions. Piero Pitti, the Doge's Prime minister, declares a speech that states: Islam won't be tolerated in Florentine territory, unlike other religions. The Italians attack the Mamluk lands from the Florentine-controlled cities of Damietta and Alexandria, and with a huge army of 55,000 (mostly brought from the former European armies) take over huge swaths of territory. Finally, the Italians finish expanding into OTL Costa Rica and continue their projects of the Mexican border and connecting the South American settlements.
- With their troops replenished through recruitment of Mesoamericans and Great Basin tribes into the Carib Legion, as well as 30,000 European volunteers and half that many trained sergeants, the Knights of St Andrew attack and capture Naxos, and, using their navy, are able to break the siege of Rhodes for three days to get in about twp years supply of food, as well as 15 tons of cannon shot and half that in arrows and bolts. The force then leaves Naxos and divides itself; the Carib Legion reinforces the defense of Crusader territories in Africa, while the Knights and the volunteer brigades, along with the Knights' navy, sail down the Nile and burn Cairo (as well as loot it). The treasures are brought back to
England; to Windsor Castle, while the troops then return and assist the Castilians and Florentines in defense of their holdings in Africa.
- The Mamluk soldiers who are sick, are sent back to Africa to be nursed. The Mamluks send thousands of fresh soldiers and hundreds of cannons to Rhodes. They mine under the walls and pack black powder and blow up the walls. When the Egyptians finally capture Rhodes, every Crusader is killed and their bodies are sent to Rome in sacks. The Mamluks find a massive amount of gold and food and supplies on Rhodes. With this money, they rebuild Cairo and make it better than before. Also, their Indian Colonies expand into south India, and by the end of the year, all of southern India is Mamluk territory. An army of 100,000 is sent to Libya, and they start burning down forts, and the army begins to slaughter the papal soldiers and citizens. The Pope's brother, who was in Libya, is captured and beheaded. The head is sent to the Pope himself, with a message saying that this war will end badly for him.
- France greatly expands its colony on Madagascar, by now they control the entire coast of the island and now use it as they plan to expand their African colonial empire.
- Muscovy continues its massive eastward expansion, reaching an unknown empire called the Northern Yuan, as they are Mongols, a long time enemy of Muscovy, trade with them is forbidden.
- The Papal forces in Libya, numbering some 10,000 knights, musketeers, and foot soldiers retreat to Fort Pious, armed with its impregnable, 30-inch thick stone ring walls. They poison all the wells outside the fort and stock up on their five-year food supply. The fortress, built on a towering rock, is also impossible to mine, unlike the forts at Rhodes. Due to its natural stone defenses, even cannon will fail to make an impression on certain parts of the masonry. The pope reinforces his troops at Fort Pious with a fresh detachment of Knights of the Vatican and their men-at-arms. Crusader cavalry continues to operate across Libya, however, luring the Mamluks into ambushes and cutting the long supply line back to Egypt. The pope also begins gathering a new army to help retake Rhodes, by this point so totally devastated by the fierce and bloody battles that it may take years to recover.
- The Empire of Trebizond at last announces an end to their present eastern expansion, instead pushing to the south and establishing trade relations with China. They concentrate on expanding the borders of their African colony further north, and send a fleet from the Mediterranean to bring back reports of the situation in the Americas, as well as set up a trading post near the Ottoman territories to conduct business with Turkish colonists.
- The Ottomans push the Florentines out of most of Buyuk Orman and send an invasion army into Florentine India taking large portions of land; the empire encourages rebellion in Florentine controlled territories and will aid in the event of rebellions. The sultan takes the fight directly to the pope and dispatches a massive fleet with over 100,000 troops to sail across the Mediterranean and attack Rome on the Italian Tiber River.
- After many years, the Hapsburgs finally emerge from political isolation, rejoining the world at large. These years had been spent getting their proverbial house in order, and building up their military strength in order to better protect their nation. One of their first moves is to deploy troops to Bavaria-Landshut, and annex the whole region (That small nation right to the northwest.) The current objectives of the nation are still unknown, but it is assumed that they will try to become a major European power, by hook or by crook.
- English forces take a break from Crusading, instead concentrating on expanding colonies in the New World. Friesland and Oldenburg are annexed, with the majority of the English army in the area (the Carib Legion is now being tasked more with keeping order in the colonies).
- The Knights of Saint Andrew destroy the Ottoman's Mediterranean fleet under cover of night. Based out of Florentine Genoa, they by pack their own entire fleet of ships with gunpowder and sail it up the Tiber. The ships are crewed by fanatical members of the Carib Legion's maritime contingent, and the resulting explosion takes out much of the siege camp (several of the galleys accidentally hit the shoreline at top speed and detonated, destroying most of the artillery). The land component of the Knights returns to its fortresses leased from the neutral Portuguese at Gibraltar and finishes the construction there.
- Ireland joins the Tenth Crusade. They invade Egypt from the northwest, driving the Mamluks from Libya.
- The Irish push the Egyptians back on several fronts.
- The Papal forces crush the remaining Turkish forces encamped in Italy. The pope himself inspires his troops by personally carrying the banner of the cross behind his army. As the Ottomans are unable to send more reinforcements very quickly across the stormy Mediterranean, this is a huge loss for them. The pope orders that the Tiber River be temporarily dammed and diverted from its course around Rome to ensure the Turks cannot try the same invasion again.
- The Empire of Trebizond establishes its first trading post in the Americas, near the Ottoman Empire's colony in South America. Their African colony reaches Morocco and the imperial forces continue expansion to the southeast of Central Asia, soon to reach the very tip of northern India. The emperor hopes to establish trade with the Indians here. Greek merchants also begin to flock to Ottoman India in search of Indian riches and goods to bring back to their nation.
- The Commonwealths colony in Louisiana continues its growth, while forces in Bulgaria continue to push the Ottomans back. Its navy finally reaches the Black Sea and begins to sink Ottoman vessels. With more and more merchant ships from Trebizond sinking, the Commonwealth decides to only attack any vessel that comes close to Bulgaria's coast.
- The Knights co-opt the English fleet and attack Cyprus again, utilizing the fanatical Carib Legion as shock troops. They burn most of the port towns to the ground, as well as slaughter livestock. As a result, many of the residents living there move to Anatolia or some other region of the empire, and the island is a lower priority on the Ottoman's "to-do" list. The fleet sails back to Gibraltar, where they continue to fortify the Straits. The entirety of the Knight's budget is focused on improving the fortifications there and building a smaller, more specialized fleet to defeat any attacks trying to break the blockade.
- The English continue to expand in America. Most of the land between the eastern shoreline of the Mississippi to the Alabama River, and south to the northern border of Louisiana has been taken. The Cherokee eagerly join up with the Carib Legion; as they are offered the same agreement that the Caribs and the Great Basin tribes were (namely that they receive payment in the form of iron ingots, and keep their weapons and armor at the end of their ten-year tenure).
- 100,000 Florentine troops, mostly from Western Africa, land in Buyuk Osman for the last time and conquer all of it. They also re-take all of Bengal and much of Ottoman India, and they have almost totally finished with their project of Mexican borders. They also land a gigantic army in Mamluk South India. Florence starts torturing the Egyptians with the Italian fleet, burning Cairo. They also land a last army in the Antioch area, re-establishing the Principality of Antioch in the name of the Pope.
- The Hapsburg's, after securing control of Bavaria, have established a free trade agreement with England in Germany, in order to protect each other from conflict with each other. The Hapsburgs have also heeded the summons of the Pope, and have joined the Tenth Crusade. Military forces have been seen martialing at the Hapsburg ports in the Adriatic, in anticipation of an assault on Ottoman or Mamuluk territory.
- Thinking for some odd reason that English army is away campaigning, the Kingdom of North Britain launches an invasion, seizing Glasgow and Edinburgh after siege. Hiring Irish and Trapezuntine mercenaries, the North British invade England proper, getting as far south as Manchester before settling down and fortifying their holdings as well as putting down rebellions and executing English nobles. Troops are withdrawn from all the North British colonies to provide more reinforcements for war.
- Ireland's Mississippi River colonies expand and connect to their Mexican Colonies. The Irish see the fighting in England and decides that it is best to stay out of the way unless Ireland is attacked.
- England easily counterattacks, retaking Britain up to the old border. The entire of the Carib Legion arrives, consisting of almost 90,000 Caribs, Paiutes, Chumash, Cayuse, and a 10,000 man contingent of Ute shock troops. They quickly spread out through England, preparing to use guerrilla warfare that their ancestors had perfected generations ago to attack and defeat any invasions.
- The Hapsburg Army launches an invasion of Ottoman Europe, landing in the Ottoman territory on the Adriatic, mostly because it will be easier to resupply the army. Their plan is to cut off the Ottomans in Europe, then surround and destroy them. The assault goes fairly well, with gains being made in several places, but the Ottomans manage to keep the Hapsburgs from making progress in cutting off the Ottomans from their supply bases. The Beachheads have been connected, and the Ottomans have been pushed back several miles, but their morale is not wavering. The Hapsburgs realize that they will be in for a long fight. Also, the German Mercenaries that were previously with the Hapsburg army have left the army, seeking "greater fortunes elsewhere".
- The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth begins its first major offense in Bulgaria. Parts of the Ottoman army there are trapped while the navy near the coast prevents any Turkish transport from reinforcing its surrounded forces.
- The Papacy sends an army of 20,000 men, mainly Catholic volunteers, to attack the coast of Palestine. The Knights of Augusto lead the campaign, along with their hired mercenaries, men-at-arms, and musketeers. A swift landing on the coast is quickly achieved.
- The Empire of Trebizond ships the first major group of merchants to their American trading outpost. Back home, the Trapezuntine Greeks continue to expand to the south, subduing native peoples left and right.
- The Florentinea colonies on North America expand hugely. They also continue conquering the Inca, getting much money from the extremely wealthy Incan cities. At the same time, Florentine soldiers continue fighting on Ottoman India, Ottoman South Africa, and the Middle East. The Principality of Antioch expands to the east, and further expansion south revives the County of Tripoli, while the Indian and African troops take much of the territory. At the same time, the Italians sail down the Nile river, taking cities and towns along it, until they reach Luxor, which they siege. Finally, the Florentines land a large amount of troops into Chalkidiki.
- The Knights of Saint Andrew land again on Cyprus. The island is taken, and the fortresses partially rebuilt. Ammunition, powder, and food is shipped in, enough to last the Knights about two years in case of a large siege. A small contingent remains at Gibraltar along with a partially rebuilt navy, blocking the Ottomans from sending reinforcements to their colonies in the Americas.
- The Empire of Trebizond expands into Morocco, waging war against the government there after Muslim raiders attack and massacre over a hundred resettled Asiatics Trebizond had moved to their African colony. Bloody border clashes between Greek forces and the native Berbers ensue. Meanwhile, until the violence has settled, the emperor removes all colonists from the conflicted zone and ships them to the American outpost instead.
- The Papal army in Palestine bottles up an stubbornly resisting Ottoman force within Jerusalem itself. The Crusaders, however, take heavy losses from Turkish artillery and begin to suffer from lack of water and the summer heat. Their supply line is also strained. The Pope has his army lay siege to Jerusalem, to keep the Ottomans preoccupied while seeking reinforcements from the Florentine re-established Crusader states further north.
- Several armies in the County of Tripoli move south to help the Pope re-establish the Kingdom of Jerusalem. Another Florentine army, stationed in Antioch, moves into Mesopotamia, trying to re-establish the County of Edessa. They also move further south-east into Mesopotamia, and when they reach Mosul, they declare that the territory is the Chaldean Catholic Church's heartland, and declare all of Mesopotamia other than Edessa and Antioch part of the new Kingdom of Aram. They also create the Indigenous Army after the Carib Legion of the English, made up mostly of Mayans, Quimbayas, Muiscas and Nazcans. They expand further south into Inca lands. Finally, the Florentines expand over much of Ottoman India, and fortify the new borders. They also take over much of Mamluk India, and then land into Aden, creating the Arabic Front. The Italian colonies in North and South America expand gigantically inland.
- England fortifies its northern border, and moves about half of the Carib Legion and some 20,000 German and Dutch recruits from its mainland territories to Naxos, which they use as a base of operations. Combined with elements of the English navy and the almost-rebuilt fleet of the Knights, they defeat Ottoman forces in Thrace and Bursa. They then abandon Naxos and move to Cyprus, bringing in even more supplies and continue to fortify the island. The combined fleets then return to Gibraltar to escape any Turkish retaliation
- The Knights of Saint Andrew's full army lands in the Sinai and secures the land as the Dominion of Goshen. Thousands of volunteers from throughout Europe flock to the Knight's banner, and the new nation is quickly settled by Europeans.
- The Irish rush in to help secure Jerusalem. By the year's end, a siege on Jerusalem would be highly impractical.
- The King of North Britain is assassinated by his nobles, who establish a noble republic in the style of Venice or Florence. Duke David of Perthshire is elected to be Jarl (head of the new British Republic). He sends an apology to England and suggests a free trade agreement in return for allowing North Britain to maintain control over Glasgow and Edinburgh.
- The Hapsburg army launches another attack against the Ottoman forces in the Balkans, attempting to drive them against the Commonwealth anvil coming from the north. The attack makes progress, as the Ottomans are just too far stretched, with too any attacks to fend off. At the urgings of the Pope, the Hapsburgs launch an invasion of the island of Rhodes. They send in an army of 10,000 men, and bloody fighting commences. The Egyptians know that their chance of evacuation is slim, so they fight like those who have no hope but a cause. By the end of the year, the Hapsburgs have only managed to take 1/3 of the island, and partisans in the rear are making advancement difficult. However, the Mamluks are believed to be running out of supplies, and the military command is preparing for a winner-take-all offensive next year.
- Allied European forces of the Tenth Crusade sail up the Red Sea lead a siege on Mecca. The battle is long and brutal. The Christians are defeated the first time. They launched another large scale assault on Mecca. The Muslims manned their catapults. Rock and debris rain down on Christian soldiers, but the Christians also have a weapon of their own: cannons. The large cannons are wheeled in and blast the catapults away. Egyptian soldiers marched out, only to have death in the form of a cannonball rain down on them. The cannons penetrated the walls and the Christian soldiers rushed in and stormed the city. The Battle of Mecca lasted a month. During this time, the eastern part of the city was held by Crusaders. Finally, on December 25th, 1485, the Crusaders finally pushed the Muslims out of the city. The crusaders finally reached the Mosque. The Muslim inhabitants were slaughtered. The rest were baptized in boiling water by Irish priests. The main mosque was then bombarded with cannons. The towers fell in an iconic way, crushing Muslim prisoners. The mosque was torn apart and set ablaze. The Templar forces in Mecca were too large to fight off. The Qur'an states that Allah would protect Mecca. Some wanted to keep the city, while others (particularly Irish) wanted to burn the city down as a final insult to the Qur'an.
- The Hapsburgs launch an offensive on Rhodes, which draws the Ottomans into a large battle there. The Hapsburgs emerge victorious from this battle, although they have taken casualties that cannot be easily replaced. With this victory, the Hapsburg take the entire island of Rhodes. A few of the Ottomans manage to escape on some Ottoman boats who made it through the blockade. The Hapsburg will hold onto the island until the pope can deploy occupying troops there. In Greece, the offensive continues, with less ground being gained than last year, as the Ottomans are outraged due to the fall of Mecca to the Christian forces. This also means that the Ottomans are taking more losses than they were before.
- The Papal States dispatch a small force to relieve Rhodes from the Austrian forces. Papal reinforcements are also sent to join the Habsburgs in Greece. Meanwhile, Jerusalem's walls begin to crumble. The Pope makes the decision to drag out the siege longer to torture the Turkish garrison. Their water supply is cut; and the Ottomans begin to die of thirst.
- English forces retake the cities of Glasgow and Edinburgh. The Knights and most of the Carib Legion begin campaigning in Greece, taking the Aegean and Attica. Another force of English troops arrives to take part in the seige of Jerusalem.
- The Ottoman Empire begins to sue for peace with the nations of the Tenth Crusade.
- The Florentines celebrate the taking of Mecca by also storming Baghdad. The city is taken too. At the same time, the Kaaba's Black Stone is stolen from Mecca and taken into the Santa Maria dei Fiore Cathedral. They also expand their colonies inland gigantically on America, finally conquering Panama and much of non-Irish Mexico. They also conquer much more Inca land. The Italians also take over much of west and south Mesopotamia, and the Kingdom of Aram moves its capital to Al-Musayyib, where Babylon once was. Finally, they lay siege to the ashy ruins of Cairo, taking it and expanding south into Luxor. By now, much of the Nile delta is under Florentine control.
- A year after the siege of Mecca, Irish forces have taken much of southeastern Saudi Arabia. The Christians and Muslims discuss peace terms.
- In order to help provide some "persuasion" for the Ottomans to make peace, the Austrian soldiers previously on Rhodes join the Hapsburg and Papal forces already on Greece. They start preparing stockpiles, and make ready for an offensive if the peace talks fail. Meanwhile, a day of rejoicing is proclaimed in Austria, both doubly joyous due to the near victory in the crusade, and the marriage of Prince Ferdinand into the Hungarian royal family. Prince Ferdinand is also the first son of the Hapsburg Monarchy, and this is seen as a move to bring two strong peoples together into political union.
- The Pope gives the head of the Chaldean Catholic Church position of Cardinal of Aram, and appoints him to manage the new Crusader state jointly with a Florentine-elected king. Meanwhile, Jerusalem finally falls. The Muslims of the city are butchered for three days and the Dome of the Rock leveled. The Pope proclaims the re-establishment of the old Kingdom of Jerusalem. The Grand Master of the Knights of the Vatican is crowned king, and rules jointly with an elected assembly of Papal nobles. Meanwhile, the Papacy takes over direct administration of Mecca and that portion of Saudi Arabia, claiming it as an overseas territory of the church. A new 'Bishop of Mecca' is appointed to construct a large cathedral there to honor the ultimate Crusader victory over Islam.
- Martine Lutero is born in Florence, Italy. He will bring a great series of reforms to the Lombard Church, turning it into the majority church on most of Italy, Germany and France. At the same time, the Florentines finally finish conquering the Inca: The many riches of Cuzco become avaliable for the Florentine government, which starts a project of consolidation and peaceful expansion on Florentine colonies. The Californian colony expands gigantically, controlling all land until OTL El Paso, TX. They also start to expand the Rio de la Plata colonies and set several colonies further north, including one in "Rio de' Gennaio" (Rio de Janeiro). Finally, the Florentines continue advancing into India, but much more slowly, as the Ottomans and Mamluks are now fighting desperately. However, many of the ports on Western India are taken. The expansion into the Ottoman Empire is finally halted in the OTL west borders of Pakistan.
- The Empire of Trebizond is forced to restrict its trade more and more due to its vessels being sunk by Crusader ships in the Mediterranean. Due to the war in Bulgaria, their merchants are also limited to the eastern Black Sea. The emperor begins to panic, realizing he may lose his access to the Mediterranean if the entire accessible coast is controlled by the Papacy or a Crusading nation. The solution is quickly discovered when Trebizond formulates a trade agreement with the Florentines, their new neighbors on the South American continent.
- After years of stopping this, Muscovy continues its eastward expansion, and now at a massive, unforeseen rate.
- France sets up a colony off the coast of southeast Asia.
- The North British colony on the Hudson's Bay expands south while the colony in New Brunswick expands north. The British Northern Republic begins instituting changes in its military and economic structure, in order to reform the system that failed before. The Colonial Company invests in a colony in Africa.
- The Commonwealth slams Ottoman forces in the Balkans, aided by local Bulgarians (the Commonwealth promised to allow Bulgaria to gain its independence if it helped). Forces in Turkey also begin to advance, they also try there best to convince the locals to assist them.
- The Commonwealth demands that the Ottomans grant Bulgaria its independence, due to the fact it had promised its people this. The end of the war allows its Louisiana colony spread out and continue up the Mississippi river.
- Ireland's North American Territory expands to the northern borders of Texas.
- The Pope declares the end of the Tenth Crusade as the sultan of the Ottoman Empire finally surrenders and agrees to the Papacy's terms, ending their Jihad. The Turks are forced to recognize the independence of the Crusader states, and renounce their claims to India. They give Bulgaria to Poland-Lithuania, western Thrace to the Pope, and surrender all of their overseas colonies to Florence and Ireland. Ottoman South Africa is divided between the two nations, while Ottoman America is claimed by the Florentines and the Turkish settlers expelled to a restricted area in the Amazon River delta.
- The English colonies in the New World continue to expand. The Carib Legion's quasi-governmental status is revoked as the Crusades come to a close, and they are again firmly under the Knight's authority. England offers a truce to North Britain, with prewar borders restored completely (ie England still has control of Glasgow and Edinburgh).
- With the Crusade finally over, all the soldiers not on occupation duty in Greece return home to a fanfare. Several soldiers are decorated with medals of honor from the king. The Hapsburgs then turn to strengthening their economy, building up important industries, and improving the infrastructure. They also begin a naval improvement program, to help them better compete with the other Mediterranean naval powers.
- The Florentine colonies now expand to the Irish border and then northwest. The many colonies on South America continue expanding, and the Incan and Argentinian colonies now touch each other. They also start building a series of settlements in the coast of Brazil. The Italians also start exploring eastern Asia. The colonies on west South America also expand east. The Florentines also conquer much of the OTL coast of Kenya and Tanzania. They also expel the Turks from former Buyuk Orman, taking them into a small area in the Amazon River delta, and giving that area back to the Ottomans, together with the center of the Black Stone, although they still keep the silver surroundings.
- The Mamluks ask for peace with the Crusaders.
- The Empire of Trebizond begins sending merchants to Florentine ports in the Americas.
- Ireland's North American colonies expand northward, to Oklahoma. Their Mississippi River Colonies expand westward and a colony is established on Cuba. Meanwhile, the Irish discuss peace terms with the Mamluks.
- The Mamluks ask the Pope if they can have Mecca back. With this new wealth, the began to reorganize their empire, and the armies are modernized. Cities are rebuilt and they expand further south into Africa.
- England continues to expand its American holdings. Settlement in New Plymouth now has crossed the Continental Divide, and continues to expand eastward. Cyprus is continually fortified by the Knights.
- The Florentines continue to expand all of their American and Asian holdings. On North America, they expand through the gap left between the English and Irish colonies, and then continue northward. They also expand their until now secondary colony on South Florida, until it takes much of OTL Florida and South Carolina. On South America, they begin exploring inward, trying to connect all of their colonies. They also expand their almost-forgotten Cuban colony more. At the same time, on Asia, they continue conquering Indian kingdoms, although much more slowly. They also expand into the rest of Malacca. Finally, on Africa, the Kenyan colonies and their South African coast expand north. The Italian Doge also decides to start consolidating their power everywhere and make gigantic digestions of the conquered territories, excepting in India and America, where they will continue expanding. They start a project so that every subject of the Florentine Empire knows Italian, and start building many educational bases and churches all over the Empire. Lorenzo II also starts a great program of patronage of the arts, and decreases the military funds, to apply them in more productive objects.
- The Commonwealth's colony in Louisiana expands up the Mississippi river and creates more wealth for the nation. Also, Commonwealth troops from Bulgaria and the homeland invade the Teutonic knights, splitting the nation in two in a matter of days. The European World Council (EWC) is founded, its purpose is to keep peace within Europe and help the reconstruction going on in defeated nations. But the EWC's main job is to keep the peace and help the economy. The Commonwealth offers membership to its allies and victor of the war.
- France puts a maximum effort on making the entirety of Madagascar French territory, they quickly conquer the remainder of the island after just a few months and kill off any tribe they deem a threat.
- Muscovy continues its great expanse eastward, and its rulers believe they are on the verge of reaching the Pacific Ocean.
- Castille settles a colony in OTL Somalia.
- Jarl David of North Britain re-organises the republic into the Scottish Republic. Scots is introduced as the official language and the colonies are incorporated directly into the Republic. The Scottish colonies in North America are merged into one cohesive continuous colony. Scotland request control of the disparate colonies buried in Scottish territory. The South American colonies are expanded, as are the African colonies, which take control of a native kingdom. The 1st Iroquois Legion is founded, styled after the English Carib Legions.
- The Ottomans, weak from the war, pulls back into semi Isolation. Except for trade, most of the Turkish empire has no contact with the outside world. They start to rebuild the economy, cities and the armed forces.
- China, after years of Isolation and centuries of being ruled by separate warlords, is united into a single empire. The Chinese Empire is founded and is ruled by the first emperor, Emperor Long Di or Dragon Emperor. The Empire compromises of over half of OTL China and most of the shoreline. They open trade to all western nations and quickly become rich off the silk road and spices.
- The Hapsburgs continue with what they were doing last year, but they focus on modernizing the army instead of building up the navy. They also manage to obtain some "Cannons" for incorporation into their armed forces.
- Florence expands its American and Indian colonies. On America, they continue northward, reaching OTL Montana. They also continue trying to connect all of the south American colonies. They also continue expanding on India from south and north.
- The English colonize Montana, while the rest of BC is secured from the natives. The eastern colonies connect. The Carib Legion is reformed and divided by tribe; now there is the Carib Legion, Paiute Legion, Ute Legion, Nemepo Legion, Cayuse Legion, Nootka Legion, and Flatnose (Dalles) Legion.
- Muscovy continues its expansion eastward.
- France expands its colony in Africa.
- The Ottomans' economy grows and after gaining back the Black Stone of Kabaa they build a new shrine for it and a new huge mosque in the capital of Ankara.
- The Chinese with their new found unity and riches, modernize the military and make a huge army and a huge navy.
- The Scottish African colonies expand, conquering a number of native kingdoms. Dissenters are shipped to North and South America, expanding those colonies massively. Trading posts are built in India. A Golden Age of Scottish expansionism has begun.
- Poland-Lithuania nearly completes its invasion of the T.K. It also begins a navy, army, and infrastructure programs to build up a nation. It promises that no invasion attempts will be made on nations East of it while it searches for smaller nations to merge into it.
- The Hapsburg's establish a colony on the western coast of Morocco. With only this outlet for their energy, as all paths in Europe are currently closed, they pour lots of wealth and energy into expanding the inital colony east and south.
- The Mamluks set up colonies in Indonesia and use their new wealth source to rebuild their empire.
- The Irish North American colonies expand northward.
- Scotland declares war on the Kalmar Union and seizes control of landlocked areas as well as invading other Scandinavian colonies. Nova Scotia is captured, and a fleet prepares to seize control of Newfoundland and mainland colonies. Security is stepped up on the mainland. While this is happening, more African kingdoms are conquered, and the Indian territories are expanded. The colonies in South America also expand deeper inland.
- The Mamluks expand further south into Africa. They send a huge fleet with 20,000 soldiers to India, and build a huge fort there. Three layers of walls surround the fortress, and the fact that its near a Mamluk shipyard makes sure that they can easily get supplies and reinforcements if a seige comes. They use this fort as a base to start expanding into India, and many of the native kingdoms join the Mamluks to prosper under Mamluk rule. The Sultan orders the construction of a new Capital City. It is built on the Nile River in Northern Sudan, and is called New-Cairo. It is twice as big as the original Cairo, and is much better defended. By the end of the year, almost five million people live in New-Cairo.
- The Florentines, which are claiming to be in part the influence of the Kingdom of Kermet, start a re-construction process on the ruins of Cairo. By the end of the year, the new city (in Italian: La soggiogatrice) is an almost completely Italian city, with the Arabic minority being displaced south. In America, the colonies expand more throughout the coast and interior, so that the colonies are closer to be connected. In India, they continue conquering southern kingdoms. Finally, a colony is placed in Indonesia, when lost Malaccan troops land on it, trying to get to the Spice Islands
- Ireland continues to expand northward. They slaughter any and all Native American resistance. The natives begin to fear the Irish. Some tribes just simply surrender. Meanwhile, the Irish and the Florence make a deal. Florence's South African Colonies for a hefty sum of money. The Irish accept. (See negotiation page)
- The Ottomans with their army and economy stabilized, they decide to become mostly based on trade and science instead of military. They offer trade agreements to the Mamluks, Papal States, Italians, Scotland, Ireland and any other country that wants to trade exotic goods.
- The Chinese make their capital Beijing and the Emperor lives and works in a heavily fortified and guarded palace called the forbidden palace and with their new found power they invade OTL Manchuria and Korea. With the immense amount of Chinese manpower and technology the Manchurians and Koreans Quickly give in.
- England continues to expand. Parts of southern Alaska and Yukon are added to the kingdom's growing territory. Both Edinburgh and Glasgow are fortified, with powder, shot, and food for several years added to the cities' stores. The northern border is fortified as well.
- The Papacy refuses the Turks' trade offer, as the Church does not particularly depend on trade for its economy. Meanwhile, Papal missionaries make more headway in converting the native population of Florentine Florida to Christianity.
- The Empire of Trebizond begins bargaining with Florence for the right to set up a trading post on St. John's Isle. The emperor also expresses interest in purchasing Florida from Florence, as this would greatly increase business and influence in the Americas. Meanwhile, Imperial forces resume expansion to the southeast. As the populations here grow more and more hostile towards them, the Trapezuntine Greeks become increasingly brutal. In one such incident, they massacre nearly 200 rebellious villagers with heavy artillery. The emperor makes it known that while he will show the natives here some measure of goodwill and compassion, he will not tolerate rebellion. After all, as a successor state to the original Roman Empire, Trebizond's monarchy observes that Rome was not built through peaceful leniency alone.
- Japan, who has colonies in Korea to defend, repels the Chinese invasion.
- The Hapsburgs continue expansion of their colony in Morocco. They are starting to become anxious, as everyone else is beginning to eclipse them in power.
- The Irish expand northward in America at a faster rate, due to a lack of Native American resistance. The Irish begin revolutionizing the musket as well. The prototype is top-secret. The Hand Cannon, however, is allowed to be released to the public. The gun is a handheld gun with a lot of kick behind it. The gun is very expensive at first. Ireland has a monopoly on them.
- Scotland accepts the Ottoman offer, and begins trade relations. As well as this, Scotland takes control of all Scandinavian colonies on the North American mainland, reducing their territory to densely populated and heavily defended Newfoundland. Scotland offers the Hapsburgs control of Newfoundland and coastal mainland areas in return for military and economic assistance. Territories in India and South America are expanded. The remaining organised neighbouring African kingdoms are conquered.
- Matthias Corvinus dies, leaving Prince Maximilian of Austria to take the throne there. However, Hungary is still independent as long as king Frederick is still alive. The Austrian colony in Morocco expands more. Also, Hapsburg spies get wind of the Irish weapons program, and the Hapsburgs begin their own program, using information from German weapon makers, and information stolen from the Irish.
- Florentine weapon makers, together with Florentine spies in Ireland and Austria get information of the developing guns, boosting the (until now stagnant) weapon-modernizing Florentine project. The Italian colonies also expand, especially in South America, where the Florentines continue to connect their colonies. By now, expansion elsewhere of South America, India and Indonesia is almost non-existent, as the Doge, Lorenzo II, had promised. However, the South Javan colony expands east and west, and on India, expansion continues in the center. New local legions are created and the professional armies out of the borders start shrinking. Some of the new armies are: The Mayan army, the Inca Army, the Quimbaya Legion, the Sikh and Hindu Legion and the California-Great Basin Army.
- The Ottomans consolidate their power, after the Mamluks cede their Arabian territory for our strip of land in somalia the empire strives to unite the Muslim world under a peaceful banner.
- The Chinese after being pushed back by the Japanese control all of OTL North Korea at the OTL DMZ Line. They also take Hainan Island and Taiwan Island.
- France continues in expanding on its African colonial empire as it establishes a colony off the coast of Eastern Africa next to Madagascar.
- Muscovy continues to expand its eastern most border.
- A group of eleven drunk locals accidently set fire to a town on the Commonwealths border near the Holy Roman Empire. The Commonwealth is outraged by this fire and believes that it was committed by Hapsburg Spies. Talks begin to break down and it seems that war is almost at hand.
- Japan asks for peace with China. They colonize the island chains to the north of Japan.
- Scotland launches an invasion of Newfoundland and after a half month long siege the capital falls, leaving Newfoundland is left in the hands of Scotland who then gives it to the Hapsburgs, major benefactor to the Scottish, along with a strip of land along then coast. The colonies in South America, Africa, and India expand. The Scandinavian population are moved inland and this area is split off as a separate colony.
- England expands northward. Most of BC and the Yukon are taken. Due to the wide proliferation of "hand cannons", the English begin small-scale production of an improved product. The basic design and function remains the same as the Irish weapon, but small ergonomic changes and differences in materials are made in order to facilitate easier use (such as the use of cheaper and stronger arsenical bronze for the barrel, a curved and checkered stock to improve grip, and a spring-loaded trigger for more reliability and the ability to fire without severely disrupting the aim by pulling the trigger) and to have a more efficient production plan then other nations. However, the English plan to stick with the longbow, due to its accuracy and rate of fire. The hand cannons, on the other hand, are notoriously inaccurate and take at least a minute to reload, negating any advantages whatsoever in firepower. The fleet of both the Knights and the English Navy proper are expanded, with a focus on territorial defense and precision strikes utilizing expeditionary forces such as the Nemepo and Ute legions. Twelve ships are added to those two legions, able to carry some 2000 men and supplies for six months of campaigning.
- The Irish beef up their security. Any spies are detected and detained. Spying on the Irish is now virtually impossible. The Hand Cannon's accuracy is improved as well. The Irish North American Colonies also, after a long trek, finally expand to the Great Lakes. Ireland also offers to help the Knights in their war against Poland-Latvia
- A coup occurs against the Teutonic Knights and the Republic of Lithuania-Latvia is formed.
- The Pope, seeing a Catholic Order in plight, gently urges Poland-Lithuania to cease the war against the Teutonic Knights and let them keep what little territory they have left. In return, he will respect their claims to East Prussia. He also begins building an army to attack the Republic of Lithuania-Latvia and restore the knights to power.
- The Commonwealth, seeing the Lithuania-Latvia republic as a threat, attacks it and promises the Teutonic knights that it would return most of its land.
- The Florentines improve the hand cannon, making it more accurate, reliable, and quick. The Italians, much like those in England, decide to use the cannon as a more secondary and a weaker firepower, while continuing to use earlier weapons as the main attack. At the same time, South American colonies expand throughout the shore. The ex-Ottoman colony nears the South Brazilian one and the West South American and Argentinian colonies finally touch.
- The Ottomans cede all there lands in Pakistan and India to Ireland in exchange for all their Arabian land.
- China Accept the Japanese peace offer but for the rest of Korea, but will let them keep a little colony there and trade rights. They also march south and by the end of the year they capture over half of Vietnam and Laos. The also march west and capture several hundred miles of land to the west.
- France establishes a colony on the eastern coast of India.
- Muscovy continues its eastward expansion.
- The Hapsburgs deploy troops to Newfoundland, replacing the Scottish soldiers already there. They send money and supplies to the Scottish army fighting Kalmar. With their new colony on Newfoundland, the Hapsburgs begin building a naval base there, and building new ships designed for operating in extremely cold water. They also finish development of their version of the Hand Cannon, which is like everyone else's. Rumors suggest that the government is still working on improving long-barrelled guns, but technological restraints are making it extremely difficult. The Morocco colony expands.
- The Irish make the Hand Cannon even more accurate. The rate of misfire and explosion is decreased dramatically. The Irish also expand to OTL Michigan in North America. They offer an alliance to the Japanese.
- The Japanese begin to take the Kamchatka Peninsula. They accept the Irish's offer to an alliance.
- Emperor Frederick dies, making Prince Maximilian emperor. This brings Hungary into the Hapsburg Monarchy. Austria returns the crown of the Holy Roman Empire to the Papal states, so they may elect a new emperor. The Moroccan colony expands, and the Newfoundland colony expands onto the Canadian mainland, as the Hapsburgs establish a larger military presence there.
- After the Scottish-Scandinavian War, the former Scandinavian colonies are divided between the Hapsburgs and the Scotts, with the farthest colonies becoming the independent Duchy of New Norway. The Scottish colonies expand, though now at a slower pace as Scotland digests its conquests and more settlements are built. Rebellious Africans are deported, especially to South America and India.
- The Florentines settle a colony in OTL Anchorage, Alaska. Florentine South American colonies fully merge (into those weird-shaped pockets), ending the Florentine expansion in the Americas through colonizing ways. The Indian colonies also expand south. The Italians also expand their colonies in Malacca, and by the end of the year they include parts of Champa. They also continue improving the Hand Cannon. Finally, the Italians conquer much of the Swahili Kingdom, taking over parts of the coast of OTL Kenya and Tanzania.
- The Commonwealth begins taking over Bohemia as troops quickly move in. Although Czech resistance is strong, new strategies adopted by the Commonwealth assures that victory will be quick. It also offers an alliance to Japan against China, due to the riches in China and the labour which could be used to help enhance the country even more. The deal is accepted.
- The Mamluks expand further into Africa. Their territories in India capture more territory. They offer an alliance with Florence.
- The Pope maintains that Catholic nations may not enter into alliances with Muslim ones, although they are perfectly free to remain friendly with each other besides that. He warns the Egyptians away from bargaining with the Florentines for a union of the sort. The Pope also awards the Hapsburg-rejected crown of the Holy Roman Empire to the German Prince of Lippe, and announces that the new emperor is under his personal protection and is anointed by the Church itself. Meanwhile, the Papal States officially call a "Northern Crusade" against the Republic of Lithuania-Latvia. The first Papal troops, assisted by Knights of the Vatican, land there to restore the Teutonic Order to power.
- The Empire of Trebizond officially takes control of Florentine Florida after they pay the Doge of Florence his demanded price. They begin to resettle the area with Greek settlers. Intent on reaching the Pacific Ocean, the emperor orders a renewed assault on the east to establish a new border with China, and hopefully, find a new route to the Pacific. He continues to offer the Florentines any price for St. John's Isle, off Singapore's coast. Due to overcrowding in Trebizond's 'urbanizing' of the Asiatic steppes, much of the population is sent to overseas colonies. The colony in America swells considerably, and is mainly populated by Pontic merchants and their families attempting to do business with the Florentines and the native South American tribes.
- The Japanese expand further up Kamchatka and start a colony in OTL Alaska.
- The Irish colonize the north Great Lake coast.
- The Ottomans create a new cargo ship called the Balina Gobek or whale belly. It is a massive cargo ship that can carry over ten tons of cargo and carries 20 cannon and ten units of Janissaries for defense. The empire immediately incorporates the ships into the trading fleets.
- China capture most of Mongolia and the rest of Vietnam and Laos.
- Riots break out in the Commonwealth, with people calling the war "a blood thirst war for land". The government, realizing this, opens peace talks with the Holy Roman Empire and soon out of the war rises a new idea for a Commonwealth. Poland-Lithuania proposes that they and the H.R.E be merged into the The Greater Commonwealth. The nation would be made up of countries within it, creating a nation made up of united nations. Poland-Lithuania would be split into Lithuania and Poland, with the Teutonic order being restored. The Greater Commonwealth also urges other nations to create a Eurasian pact. The purpose of the pact would be to prevent hostilitys toward one another and help improve the economy.
- The Florentines expand their Indian colonies south and east. They also set an embassy in the kingdom of Tibet, turning it into a protectorate to stop the Chinese expansion in at least one threatening direction.
- The Pope, angered that a union between Poland-Lithuania and the Holy Roman Empire be proposed without his approval, urges the emperor to decline the proposal to merge with Poland-Lithuania. The emperor, manipulated by the Pope from the start, agrees. Intending to unite the German states into a greater nation, the Papacy places full backing behind the Holy Roman emperor and full financial, as well as military, support.
- The Empire of Trebizond advances into Tibet. To guard their final eastern border, they construct a chain of forts around the cold mountain ranges of the region and begin trading with the Tibetan king. The Tibetan Legion is formed from Greek-officered Turkic mercenaries to garrison these forts. Meanwhile, the imperial forces, with virtually free reign over western Tibet, march to the south, conquering more Asiatic tribes. They now share a direct border with Florentine India.
- The Hapsburg Monarchy announces their military support for the HRE, and the Pope. Newly mobilized troops begin attacking Poland-Lithuania out of Hungary, hitting them in the flank. The attack forces the Commonwealth to pull back. The Hapsburg forces use their advantage of surprise to make it past Krakow, but they are unable to make it to Czestowoka and Kielce. In America, the Hapsburg naval squadrons begin engaging the Commonwealth ships, to clear up the seas for a naval invasion of their American territory. To support offensive operations, troops are pulled out Morocco back to mainland Hapsburg.
- The Japanese Kamchatka colonies expand northward. Their Alaskan colonies also expand greatly.
- Scottish North America expands southwards to the Great Lakes. The other colonies do not grow, as control over the African and Indian territories are solidified.
- Through marriage, England and Portugal are finally united in the United Kingdom of England, Portugal, and Friesland. Meanwhile, small party of privately-funded settlers from Kent finally reach the Arctic Ocean in the vicinity of Herschel Island. Industrial capacity continues to expand, as does their fleet.
- The Ottomans wanting to settle differences offer the Florentines a trade agreement. The empire also offers England, France, Muscovy, Japan, China and Muscovy trade agreements.
- China accepts the Ottomans' offer. They also annex Cambodia.
- The Mamluks capture Kenya. They build a massive fleet that has over 300 ships. Their colonies in Indonesia and India makes the Mamluks extremely rich, and they enter a period of peace and prosperity. New-Cairo flourishes, and several new roads are opened throughout the empire, making transportation and trade much more efficient. They also begin constructing new types of cannons, and they also start building Monster Bombards, huge cannons that can demolish almost any wall in a single shot, and they can fire every 10 minutes, but they are surrounded by smaller cannons that can fire more quickly to take out incoming enemies.
- The Pope helps the Lippe emperor of the Holy Roman Empire reorganize his domain into a more tightly-knit German federation. The new HRE becomes an official protectorate of the Papal States. The Papal forces also withdraw from the Baltic, leaving the Teutonic Knights back in power there. Meanwhile, the Pope prepares the Papal military to become a professional defense force, as the close invasion by Florence many years earlier displayed the weakness of Papal forces. The Swiss Guard is reformed by religious fanatics and paid mercenaries fiercely loyal to the Church. They are now required to undergo a rigid two-year training under the most rugged circumstances. At the end of the training period the Pope will try to equip them with the best armour and weaponry money can buy. The Swiss Guard tightens security around the Vatican to prevent assassination attempts. Even the cisterns underneath Rome are monitored constantly by armed patrols to discourage spies from attempting to sneak in this way.
- The Florentines capture much of Tanzania, with the coast of Kenya under their control and almost surrounding the Mamluks. They also continue expanding on India. The Florentines improve their army. Based on Papal ways of training, the Florentines later equip each soldier with a hand cannon, a principal fire weapon, a sword, two daggers and the best armour possible. 20% is given horses and 25% is given pikes. They also adopt the Monster Bombard system of the Mamluks, improving the cannon. Finally, the Italians continue making the small tribal kingdoms around China protectorates and allies, so that China doesn't expand much in the Italian direction.
- The Empire of Trebizond undergoes a series of military reforms, like their Florentine neighbors and trade partners. The imperial army is expanded until it is numbered around 200,000 troops, mainly Asiatics. The foot soldiers, although lacking in gunpowder are now issued extensive plate armour that is bullet-tested to guard against possible hand-cannon fire. Trapezuntine Horsemen are reorganized in the old Byzantine style, with layers of scale and plate armour both fully covering the rider and horse alike. Meanwhile, Pontus itself enters into a new golden age. The emperor is the third wealthiest monarch in the known world, and his treasury only grows through monopolization of the Silk Road. The Trapezuntine Greeks note that many diseases in Western Europe are transmitted by contaminated well water, even in places like Vienna, Rome, London, and Florence. Much wealth is poured into the construction of aqueducts, and metal plumbing is reintroduced using Roman designs. The death rate from infectious diseases falls quickly. Residents of the capital can now drink fresh, clean, water, and even bathe in their own homes.
- Irish colonies in Africa expand northward.
- The Hapsburg Monarchy launches more attacks in the Poland-Lithuanian Commonwealth. They aim to cut off the stationary Commonwealth armies in Bohemia. The Hapsburg armies capture Lodz, and begin a pinwheel westward, making it to the area between Konin and Torun. In America, the Hapsburg navy manages to drive off the Polish navy long enough to land on their American Mainland territory.The initial beachhead is expanded, they cut off the Polish armies there off from supply by sea, and push more than 50 mi onto the mainland..
- The Commonwealth, which had been reserving troops for a counter-offense, launch counter strikes against the advancing armies. Its navy also regroups and begins fighting back Hapsburg ships in the Baltic and in the Caribbean, Atlantic, and Gulf of Mexico. They ask Muscovy and the Empire of Trebizond for support.
- The Japanese Alaskan colonies expand northward and westward.
- The Irish North American Colonies control all of OTL Michigan.
- The Florentines realize that Trebizond had a great idea creating aqueducts and metal plumbing, and plans are started for the building of the nation. They also start throwing funds into medicine developments, and soon medicine improves much. The Florentines also continue expanding into India, getting much money from the trade with Arabia and the Far East, that, through sea, has to pass through Florentine domains. Florentines also declare that they won't expand anymore outside of India. This means the end of the Florentine Expansion Age and the start of the Golden Age of Florence.
- France greatly expands its colony on the east African coast.
- Muscovy continues to expand eastward, coming into contact with China.
- The Empire of Trebizond marches to the east around Tibet, establishing a new border with Florentine India. Trebizond has now even surpassed Constantinople as the richest city in the East. It also has the highest standards of living in the known world. The capital at Trebizond is strengthened and expands, and its population grows to 500,000 people. The layered defense walls in the capital are built to epic and massive proportions, constructed out of the finest masonry available and so strong even heavy artillery cannot make an impression on them. Much of the stone is in fact imported from abandoned Greek monasteries, and the land walls of Trebizond expand seven miles. Lawlessness and banditry is no longer a danger on the overland Silk Route, as the imperial army has erected a network of paved roads along the route and guard it consistently, so that traveling through Trebizond to China is even easier and safer than traveling by sea instead.
- In order to end their war faster, the Hapsburgs launch multiple offensives. In America, they hit the Commonwealth armies and push them up the Louisiana peninsula. The Austrian navy engages and destroys more than half of the Polish American navy, and the rest have to go back to Europe, as the Austrians control all their American ports. Despite hard fighting from enemy armies, the Austrians push them back halfway up Louisiana. In Europe, two armies get into motion. Once continues the swing around Bohemia, managing to almost complete the encirclement. The other army launches a major attack into the interior of Poland, and the offensive is fought to a stop past Warsaw, near the border between the territories of Poland and Lithuania. In Austria, people are unhappy with the loss of life, but the government uses the promise of riches from conquered territory to assuage them.
- The English now have the entirety of OTL Yukon, securing the rest of the New World from Japanese expansion. Recife and the area immediately around it is colonized as well. Industrial capacity and the fleet continues to expand at a rapid pace. Parts of southern Alaska are colonized as well.
- Scotland advanced deeper into India, transporting the rebellious natives to a new colony being constructed in Brazil. Elsewhere, the North American colonies expand and the Scottish African colonies become more densely populated as immigration of Indians and Scots is encouraged and the large rainforests and mineral deposits are taken advantage of.
- The Mamluks take more land in Indonesia. They offer trade agreements with China, and they also take over the remaining land in India. The Mamluks now can easily get goods from Indonesia to other parts of their empire more easily, because now they can just take it through India instead of going around India since they empire in India borders north coasts.
- The Ottomans seeing the effectiveness of aqueducts and pipes, build systems of their own in the empire. Quality of life rises. They also build paved roads along all major roads to cities and trade routes. A guard post is put every five miles along the roads, to reduce crime. The empire also invests heavily in science and builds a series of Universities and other schools, The Sultan encourages the citizens to go to these schools.
- China expands its northern borders so they touch Muscovy and they enter a political and economic alliance with them. The Chinese start to take the Philippines. The Chinese emperor offers a peace treaty to The Florentines and the Empire of Trebizond. The Chinese agree to the Mamluks trade offer.
- The Japanese Alaskan colonies make a massive expansion upwards and westward.
- Scottish settlers arrive on the southern coast of the Great Lakes. Scottish South America expands. Jarl David dies and his replacement is elected from the nobles. Jarl James of Argyll assumes the position and begins a period of colonial expansionism focused on the Americas.
- The Hapsburg Monarchy push onward, taking all of the Commonwealth American Colony. They push on in Europe, crossing the Lithuanian border, and swinging north. The troops freed up from encircling the Polish armies in Bohemia march north and launch an attack on North Poland, driving for the Baltic. They begin negotiating a peace with the commonwealth to end the war.
- The English continue to expand their colonies on the Pacific, as well as the one at Recife. The expansion to the fleet and the Legions are complete. Construction begins on seven primitive versions of highways throughout England, as well as 11 of them in the colonies. The project will take longer than most have predicted. The highways are being built in order for rapid transport of troops and supplies, and the English realize that various enemies of their nation could use this against them. Small garrisons are located up and down the roadways some 10 miles apart, while artificial moats (usually 15-20 miles in length) and (heavily) fortified bridges are also added to prevent rapid movement of enemy troops.
- The Ottomans create a series of banks in the empire.
- China consolidates power and create a system of roads throughout the empire.
- The Mamluks push west, taking over vast amounts of land in Africa. Banks are set up, and new hospitals are constructed throughout the empire.
- Muscovy continues it expansion eastward.
- France continues to massively expand its east African colony, mainly along the coast.
- The Irish South African Colonies expand.
- The Irish connect their Michigan Colonies with the other colonies
- The Japanese Asian Colonies move northward.
- Scotland blocks off the northern Castilian colonies from further expansion. As well as this, Scottish Africa also expands.
- Austria and Poland Lithuania agree to peace. Polish armies are escorted out of their Americans colonies as the Austrians take over all of the Polish colony. The Poles are also escorted out of Southern Poland. Polish civilians are given a choice. Swear undying loyalty to the Hapsburg Monarchy or leave Austrian territory. Many agree to swear to the Monarchy, but the prevalent belief is that they did it so they would not have to abandon the lives they have made there, and they are not actually loyal to the Hapsburg. However, the Austrians let it slide. The Austrians take over administrative control of Bohemia temporarily, until all damage from the war can be repaired. They also oversee the transfer of Polish territory back to the Teutonic Order.
- The Mamluks replace Indian war elephants with African war Elephants. A massive new shipyard is built in Mamluk India.The Empire offers an alliance with Japan.
- The Ottomans create a series of hospitals in the empire. Life expectancy rises and life quality rises.
- China takes the remaining land between them and Muscovy, leaving plenty in OTL Russia for Muscovy. The empire lands colonists in Malaysia and set of the colony of Kuching. The offer Japan a trade agreement and money for their Korean colony.
- The English continue to expand their colonies in America. Another colony is set up at OTL Churchill. The navy continues to expand, while their maritime infrastructure does as well. The highway system continues to be built.
NO MORE EXPANSION INTO ASIA. THERE HAVE BEEN FOUR DIRECT VIOLATIONS OF THE STANDARD OF PLAUSIBILITY I SET FOR ASIAN COLONIZATION. ONE MORE AND THE DATE SHOULD BE MOVED FROM 1513 TO 1550. CHINA AND JAPAN, THIS GOES FOR YOU, TOO.--Emperor of Trebizond 17:55, November 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Scottish North America expands northwards and Scottish Brazil also expands. A system of roads are built and commodity crops are grown.
- The Ottomans take the land ceded by them in Indonesia by the Mamluks and join in an alliance between them and china. In the new territory they build trading posts and a grand new port.
- China Joins the alliance offered to them by the Mamluks and build trading posts in all their major cities. They also build several grand ports in their major cities and in their colonies.
- The Mamluks expand the Empire south. The country adopts many unique Chinese weapons, including the three barreled pole gun. They also adopt the Chinese rocket and create their own version. With wealth pouring into the empire from their trading ports in China, the Mamluks build countless Mosques throughout the empire, and they also construct a huge shipyard in Somalia, which is the place where their goods from India and China meet. The average life span of a citizen in the empire rises.
- The Commonwealth goes into a full scale civil war with Lithuanian monarchs on one side and Polish monarchs on the other. It is ended by a certain man who takes full control over the commonwealth. He announces that the Hapsburg attack was nothing more but an attack on liberty for control over land. He proclaims them as selfish thieves and orders the evacuation of Hasburg controlled lands. He quickly begins reforms in the military and also declares that there would be no diplomacy between the two.
Actually I already kicked out everyone who wanted to leave. See my post last turn.
- England continues the expansion of its colonies on the Pacific and at Recife. New Plymouth wraps around Florence, closing off their corridor of expansion. The road system continues to be built, while the Legions are modernized considerably.
- The Pope looks on with worry at the growing cloud of war between Poland-Lithuania and the Hapsburgs. He chooses to remain neutral for now, but claims he will defend the interests of the Holy Roman Empire, located on the border of the conflict, if the emperor's domain is directly threatened or provoked.
- A falling out with the king of Tibet leads the emperor of Trebizond to eliminate the Tibetan kingdom. The Trapezuntine Greeks do not intend to occupy the entire mountain region, only the capital city. To prevent a revolt, they remove the burden of taxes from the people. Meanwhile, the imperial navy develops a new cargo ship designed to fight back if attacked by pirates or military vessels. The ship is very low to the waterline, so low that a tall warship, and even some cannon positions on land, will have trouble targeting it. However, cannon slots are added out of reach of the water, which can easy hold artillery to blow holes in the exposed hulls of larger ships. The emperor soon commissions his naval officials to construct and begin circulation of these ships as the standard Trapezuntine merchant vessel.
- the end of the Polish-Lithuanian civil war is worrisome for the Hapsburg Monarchy. This new leader who determined for the blood of the Hapsburgs must be stopped before he can get too strong. They begin building up forces in preparation for possible offensive operations or to stop a surprise attack. In Vienna, construction begins on a new wing of the palace to celebrate the new power of the Hapsburg Monarchs.
- The Japanese North American Colonies expand eastward.
- The Irish North American colonies expand northward
- The Irish develop an early version of a crude rifle. The hand cannon becomes cheaper and more of the public now have hand cannons in their home. The richest have the rifle. The rifle is now more accurate and cheaper. The ammunition is easier to produce. They also expand northward in Africa a little. However, the Irish are trying to consolidate their power.
- The Japanese expand eastward in Alaska.
- The English continue to expand their colonies at Churchill, Recife, and New Plymouth. They offer the sale of their two South American colonies to Trebizond in return for the Florida Keys and having their merchants sell duty-free goods in their former colonies. The roads are almost complete as well. Manufacturing techniques and workshops are continuing to be improved.
- The Mamluks take more land in West Africa. They ask France if they would be willing to sell Madagascar and their land in Africa.
- The Empire of Trebizond consolidates its holdings in Tibet and Central Asia. Local governors are appointed over the most major cities, and a program of urbanizing the steppes is initiated.
- The Hapsburg Monarchy focus on building up the infrastructure in their newly conquered territories. They also start doing some of the stuff that the other nations are doing. More factories are built, and the military preparation training is increased.
- The Ottoman scientists invent a rifle similar to the Irish. Due to the empire's large size and the amount of foundries in the empire they are able to produce them for cheap and a larger amount.
- China Connects their empire with a series of roads. The roads have guard stations every mile to protect travelers and merchants.
- The Irish North American colonies expand northward. The Irish begin a year-long celebration of no wars. During this time, nearly every fertile couple in Ireland has at least one offspring. The celebration brings joy and happiness to not only the Irish, but also to their Aztec and other subjects. Some are also immigrants from other nations. Florentine and English people married to Irish people is not uncommon. A good fraction of couples in North America have an Aztec in them. However, the European genetics are quickly spreading through America: It should be around 1600 when the Irish genes become completely dominant. During the celebration, Whiskey is invented. The Irish, studying the Greek Olympics, begin to claim small islands in the Ionian Sea. Ireland sees a very prosperous year.
- The Japanese expand further east in North America.
- Scotland begins colonial expansion in South America in earnest. People in India and Africa are packed into ships and sent off to build settlements in the New World. Colonisation of North America is slower as the populations here are made up predominantly of Scots, and many people are moving overseas to take advantage of the wealth of Africa and India. The Scots pund is brought in as the official currency.
- The English's system of fortified highways has been completed. They begin to try to connect the colony at Churchill to New Plymouth in order to facilitate trade between the Pacific and Atlantic without having to have any trade disputes with the Florentines, and devote most of this year's budget for colonization to this effort. The navy is, as always, expanded.
- The Florentines begin expansion again after raking in the profits for over a decade. The coast of Patagonia is dotted with Florentine settlements, while entrepreneurs begin snatching up vast plots of land inland for investment. Little do they know that they now own some of the most fertile farm and ranch lands in the world. Manufactories are set up throughout Italy, while the state begins to subsidize successful shipping companies and shipbuilding cooperatives in order to artificially increase their advantage in international competition.
- The Hapsburgs work on establishing their new power. They sign a mutual defense agreement with Scotland, so they will have allies in the event of a war. They expand their Vancouver colony, taking up the land on their border with Scotland. They enter into negotiations with Bosnia about some sort of political union. They start withdrawing troops from the Polish territory to resume duties in other parts of the Monarchy.
- The Ottomans capture and setup colonies in all the Maldives Islands. They will serve as stopping points between the main part of empire and the colony in Indonesia. Any country can use them, but they need to ask permission first though. They will also serve as an important part of the trading industry, ports are built at Huvadhoo, Ari, Male, Maalhosmadulu and Thiladhunmathee Atolls.
- China builds a series of schools and universities in the empire and encourages education throughout the empire.
- The Irish ask for permission to look for the ruins of the lost Roman city of Pompeii. Meanwhile, the Irish North American borders finally touch the Hudson Bay. The Irish Celebration ends. During this time, the Irish invent several useful things. Before an operation, a patient is given a drug, usually opium, to make the patient unaware of the pain. The practice spreads through much of Europe. Also, the Irish begin to set up hospitals and schools around their empire. They become virtually obsessed with education and health.
- The Japanese expand east.
- The English continue to put the full force of their colonization efforts towards gaining a direct route to the Atlantic from New Plymouth and settling the SW coast of Hudson Bay. It is estimated that by 1506, the route shall be complete. (state-sponsored) colonization in South America and in Alaska (called Tsimshian) stops for this year.
- Colonization of Patagonia continues. By now, the entire coastline is effectively controlled by Florence, while small settlements spring up along the various rivers and well irrigated areas of land. A mutual defense agreement is signed between Florence and England.
- The Commonwealth creates its own version of the handgun and rifle, although being slightly less quality, it is cheap to make and hundreds are easily made and equipped to the army. The navy, on the other hand, begins to get larger and stronger with the introducing to a heavily armed and slightly quick navy vessel. The Commonwealth also begins sending equipment to the Russians, hoping for an alliance to be made against the Hapsburgs.
- The Scottish Republic agrees to cease expanding along the Hudson Coast in return for two colonies on the Mexican coast and nominal control over the Duchy of Attica. Elsewhere, Scotland expands control over Scottish Brazil using emigrants from Africa and India, while Scottish colonists consolidate control over these areas. Scotland builds a colony in Central Cuba, bringing the entire island under separate powers colonial influence. Hospitals, docks and factories are built throughout Scotland and people are encouraged to have at least three children.
- Bosnian forces launch an attack on Hapsburg Hungary. It is believed that the attack was brought on by deteriorating relations between the two powers. The attack does not make much headway, as the Austrians had been building up forces there to prevent this sort of thing. After the Bosnian attack is stopped, the Austrian launch a counteroffensive into Bosnia. The weaker state of the Bosnian defenses means that the Hapsburgians make a lot of headway, and almost the entire is country is conquered by the end of the year. However, partisans are very active in the mountains, but the Hapsburgs are more concerned about beating the Bosnian army. When that is done, then they will deal that.
- The Ottoman schools are world renowned for quality of education, the amount of people passing through them, and the scientists, doctors, engineers and officers coming from them. They offer the Irish access to their schools and to send some teachers to their country for an alliance and/or most of or half of South Anatolia/Africa.
- China has finished connecting its empire. Highways stretch from the tip of Vietnam to the most northern limits of the borders in the north and extensive and protected shipping lanes to Taiwan, the Philippines, Hainan Island and the little land in Malaysia.
- The Empire of Trebizond subdues a number of Indian petty states to the south of Tibet. They bring lawlessness in the region to an end by enforcing strict military control. Fortified camps now dot the border with Burma, and construction begins on paved roads. Greek soldiers are posted at checkpoints along the road to discourage banditry. The local warlords, fearful of the imperial army's armored forces and their powerful guns, are soon forced to surrender.
- The Irish uncover the ruins of Pompeii. A joint project to dig the ruins out is proposed. The Irish study the architecture and art of the Romans and plan to integrate it into Renaissance architecture and art. The Irish begin to compromise aqueducts. They combine some roads with aqueducts. However, use is rare. The Irish also slowly move northward, but they focus on their interior and making their empire a better place. The Irish expand northwest in North America.
- The Japanese expand eastward.
- The Empire of Trebizond finishes recruiting an elite garrison force for the city of Trebizond itself. Known as the Novto Cavalry, they form the most highly trained troops that money can buy. All are Greeks, with a rugged, hardy, training in cavalry tactics and the use of disciplined firepower. Armed with long lances, swords, and hand-guns for close combat, they are for the policing of the magnificent capital and its emperor. The troops are armored in the fashion of medieval knights in a layer of plates and scales from head to toe, and dressed in elaborate imperial uniforms, charging any enemy fearlessly with their leveled lances. Their appearance alone strikes terror into the hearts of all enemy sent against them, and their iron discipline, coupled with a raging blood lust in battle, makes them Trebizond's best fighting force.
- Muscovy continues its eastward expansion.
- France continues to expand its east African colony, mostly inland.
- Scotland expands control over Brazil as well as expanding Scottish North America inland while avoiding the Hudson Coast. A Scottish expedition seizes control of the Falklands.
- The Mamluks, seeing a sudden surge in the construction of schools, begin to start building universities and schools of their own. They continue to ask France for their African territories.
- England completely stops expansion of its fleet and industries (at least the government-funded ones) to complete their roadway ahead of schedule. Expansion of their colony northward along the coast also continues. All lands north of the new roadway are claimed by England.
- The Hapsburgs clamp down on the rebels operating behind their lines. They have a lot of success, and the attacks decrease. They then start extending their roads to connect Bosnia to the rest of the Monarchy.
- Ireland expands northwest in North America while 'Romanizing' its empire. They propose building a neutral roadway network in America that links the territories.
- Japan discovers OTL Hawaii and sets up a colony on the big island.
- The Commonwealth's Military is improved. A year ago, a new military strategy for land forces was created, with huge affects. It created the first real coordination plan for all military branches. The leader of Poland-Lithuania is also killed and is replaced by another man with royal blood. The people beg the Hapsburgs for their southern polish territories and American colony back in exchange for money, in fact, it seems that even after the war the people respect Austrians, also grasping the fact that they had lost almost everything.
- Florence continues expansion of its American colonies in Patagonia, as well as expand their colonies in the Mato Grasso. Expansion of the army continues, with the usage of professional medium cavalry not unlike the Byzantines of ages past beginning to replace the typical knight. They are usually armed with a light lance and a saber derived from eastern designs picked up from Egypt. Most utilize composite bows as well.
- The Empire of Trebizond consolidates its minor holdings in India, merging it into a single province with Tibet. The population are appeased or subdued through brute force. Trebizond becomes the world's largest dealer in silk next to China, since it controls the entire Silk Road, which is still a hugely favored overland route due to its safety from raiders and laxness on levied highway tolls. A connection of government inns and hospitals for travelers are planned through an elaborate system along the entire route, which supports the imperial economy.
- The Pope presses the European powers to begin sending missionaries to Japan and China to establish Christian and Western influence in both nations.
- The Ottoman Empire is one of the most educated country in the world. They invite countries to visit their universities.
- The Hapsburgs reject the Polish offer. They return troops to the Polish border, except for the troops suppressing rebels in Bosnia. The Austrians have finished equipping their army with the most modern weapons. They expand the Moroccan colony.
- The Mamluks start a colony in Thailand. More Universities are built, and the elite warriors of the Mamluk Sultanate, the Askari, are modernized. They are given a musket, a scimitar, and a dagger. Soon there are 50,000 of these highly trained warriors. The Sultanate offers Trebizond a trade agreement.
- The Commonwealth gives loads of weapons to civilians within Hapsburg Poland. It also declares war on the Hapsburgs, declaring that that was the last chance for a compromise. Commonwealth troops slam Hapsburg troops on the border and the element of surprise is on the commonwealth's side as it begins regaining its land. Polish troops also enter the Teutonic knights territory and demand their territory back. Rebels within Hapsburg Poland revolt and go on a rampage.
- The Pope is incensed that Poland-Lithuania, after so graciously allowing the Teutonic Knights to remain in peace, are now trying to claim the territory as their own. He issues a warning to the Commonwealth: Withdraw from the Teutonic Order's territory; it was theirs to begin with, and not even traditional Polish or Lithuanian land space. Otherwise, the Papacy will have no choice but to excommunicate the Commonwealth, directly enter the war on the Hapsburg side, and call a Crusade for all of Europe to strike Poland-Lithuania down.
- The Commonwealth agrees to these terms, but warns the pope that in one hundred years from today, the Commonwealth would regain the land the Hapsburgs had given to the Teutonics from the Commonwealth.
- The Mamluks take more land in Thailand. A massive fleet sets sail to Thailand carrying 8000 soldiers, 10,000 citizens, and enough food and supplies for two years. The fleet reaches Thailand, and the King of the Ayutthaya Kingdom offers them a place to stay in his capital city, Ayutthaya. After hearing of the Mamluks's great empire in Africa and India, the king asks if he could go see New-Cairo. The Sultan agrees, but only if the king's empire joined the Mamluks. The king agrees, and all of Thailand becomes part of the Mamluk Sultanate. The Sultan continues to ask France for their territories in Africa.
- The Irish expand northward in South Africa. They also back the Pope up in his decision to protect the Holy Roman Empire. The Irish are ready to go to war at any time if the Commonwealth acts up; they already make the Irish extremely uneasy. Meanwhile, the Irish request the Florentine strip of land separating the North American colonies from the Mexican colonies.
- The Ottoman scientists invent a new form of gunpowder that burns cleaner and fires with more power. To deal with the new powder they invent new thicker rifles and cannons.
- China asks the Ottomans for the new powder. They start creating a series of forts on their borders and on their islands.
- Now that North American expansion is blocked off by the Irish and English, the Scots begin consolidating their hold over the area as well as increasing the focus of expansion on South America. Schools, hospitals and farms are built throughout the Empire and Scotland prepares to begin a wave of conquest in Africa.
- Scotland invades a neighbouring native kingdom in Africa while expanding its territory along the coast. More people are transported to India and Brazil which is expanding deeper into the continent. Scottish North America is renamed Borealia and is becoming increasingly metropolitan. Scottish, Scandinavian and German people now make up the majority with Native Americans and slaves in a minority. The current Jarl dies and the Phillipos, Duke of Attica takes power in a coup. The Scottish republic remains but Attica is now incorporated into the heart of the Empire and Phillipos establishes a dynasty of Greek Jarls of Scotland.
- The English continue expansion along the Hudson Bay. New Plymouth is divided into New Plymouth (California, the Willamette, and western Washington), Ute (Utah), Cayuse (eastern Oregon), Nemepo (most of Idaho, western Washington and parts of BC), Tsimshian (Alaska and northern BC), and New Midlands (the rest). Immigrants (primarily from Japan, Catalonia, the Basque country, Brittany, and Scotland) begin to move into the fertile plains of Nemepo, NM, and New Plymouth. Through utilization of Irish advances in medicine and the sciences, the English are able to keep the Indian population relatively stable and extremely loyal (due to the effects of the Carib Legion's fanatical Christian soldiers returning home and teaching their families, the natives are dedicated to the upholding of Christian values to the point of death). Shipyards continue to spring up left and right throughout the empire as the English mount as second expansion of their fleet.
- The commonwealth makes its final response to the pope: a bag of gold with the royal seal on it to show that they would always respect the pop no matter what the situation. Meanwhile, Polish troops manage to cut of Hapsburg forces near Warsaw and liberate their capital. The commonwealth also invades Morraci with a sizable force. It also sends a smaller bag of gold to Ireland with its seal on it to also show that it would respect them as well.
- The Hapsburgs pull every soldier they can spare from, their empire and send them to Poland. Troops are brought from Louisiana, Newfoundland, Morocco, Greece, Bosnia, Bohemia, and the Italian border, and are assembled to launch a blow against the Poles. This mighty army launches an offensive to the east of Warsaw, and makes fair progress, doing a right hook against the supply lines of the armies attacking Warsaw. They break into the rear, and threaten to cut off the Polish armies that had passed Warsaw. The Austrian naval squadrons recalled from America and Africa, combined with the Austrian Adriatic fleet, move into the Baltic and begin engaging the Polish fleet. Sheer force of numbers, plus the better quality of the Austrian cannons, gives the Hapsburg fleet an advantage, and they begin wearing down the Polish navy.
- France continues to expand its colonies, creating a new one in western Africa.
- Muscovy, wanting to save its ally, Poland-Lithuania, sends troops and supplies to assist them.
- Ireland sets up a colony North of the English colonies and expands northeast.
- The Japanese consolidate their power.
- The ottomans declare neutrality in the Hapsburg/Commonwealth war, the Turkish Straits are off limits to either faction or allies militarily. The Ottomans give the powder to the Chinese and Mamluks.
- China creates a new elite military units, they are called the Shaolin Monks, an elite military Buddhist order. They are trained expertly in deadly Kung Fu and weapons. They are so powerful they become the emperor's body guards.
- The Mamluks, sick of the French not giving them an answer to their offer, invades the French colonies in Africa. The Sultan sends an army to seize Madagascar. The army is made up of mostly Africans and Indians, but there are a few warriors from Thailand. The army is well-trained, and there are 2500 Askari warriors leading them. The army lands on the beaches of Madagascar and begins to attack the French bases on the Island. The Imperial Mamluk Navy surrounds the Island, and will blast any French ships who try to come with re-inforcements. The French warriors on Madagascar fight bravely, but are no match for the well trained Musketeers of the Mamluk army. After three days, the majority of the French forces are dead and the others were captured. The Island is converted into a Island Fort.
- Ireland declares war on the Mamluks. They send a large, highly trained army to liberate Madagascar for their French allies again. They also use their famous guerrilla tactics they used to break the Florentine blockade long ago. The French are soon able to scramble to defend their colonies. Ireland threatens to invade the Mamluk's own territory! They regret not finishing the Mamluks off during the Crusade.
- Japan helps the Irish in their war against the Mamluks. They re-inforce Ireland's and France's border. Meanwhile, they accept the English's offer to an alliance.
- The English continue expansion along the coast of the Hudson Bay and continue to build up their navy. The Pacific Fleet is split into two fleets (Northern and Southern) each with some 23 warships and around half that in cutters and gunboats. They send the Ute Legion with its famed claymore-armed shock troops plus the Nemepo and Cayuse Legions (specializing in reconaissance/raiding and horsemanship, respectively) into action in Thailand (along with several contingents of marines and a division of Welsh troops).
- The Florentines have now completely taken Patagonia, and turn to consolidate their empire. Important passes and bridges are heavily fortified, schooling is subsidized by the state, making a more cost effective solution to educating the children of Florence than creating a massive system of public schooling. The Mamluk's new powder mix is stolen, and it begins to replace the standard powder.
- France, appalled that the Mamluks would declare war for such reasons, decides to fully stand behind Ireland in their war and states if Ireland invades the Mamluks, France shall invade with them.
- Muscovy continues to expand eastward, finally coming to the Pacific Ocean.
- The Mamluks, angered, but realizing they can't win this war, offers peace to the French. They return Madagascar to the French, along with 7,000,000 gold florins and a solid gold scimitar for the king of France. They also give Ireland a hefty sum of 3,500,000 gold florins. Despite the loss of so much money, wealth flowing in from the Silk road and Thailand refills the empty Mamluk banks. They also expand farther south in Africa and soon the empire's border touches Irish South Africa. Trade rights is offered to Ireland. France accepts.
- The Hapsburgs begin Operation Stiletto. Using their main forces, they begin a drive toward the Commonwealth capital. They cross the Lithuanian border and move about 50 miles beyond it in places. The Hapsburgs are also successful at retaking Warsaw after a long fight. In the Baltic, the Hapsburg navy has destroyed the majority of the Polish navy, and forced the rest to withdraw to their ports. Using this opening, the Austrians land forces on the Eastern Baltic coastline. After securing the beachheads, the landing force begins moving southeast, in an attempt to link up with the main Hapsburg army and cut off a sizable portion of the Polish army.
- The Commonwealth counter strike this attack and push them back, but they announce that they all Hasburgs surrounded drop there weapons and they will be allowed to fall back to Hapsburg lines. The Polish launch their own attack and begin regaining parts of Lower Poland given away after the peace treaty.
- Ireland expands north in North America.
- The Japanese expand north in Asia, touching Muscovy's border.
- The English take Kra for themselves and send the Nemepo Legion back home (now that the campaign is more-or-less over, there is little need for their expertise in guerrilla warfare). The navy continues expansion, and they sign a mutual defense agreement with Florence. The terms of the alliance include the ability to permanently station fleets in each other's territories, and allows significantly more freedoms for their respective merchants. The Legions are expanded with fresh "Creole" (settlers of both Indian and European descent) troops joining up. The average Legion is around 9000 troops and a naval element of ~ five warships, three gunboats, and three transports. The navy continues to be expanded.
- The Ottomans offer the Mamluks 4,000,000 florins to buy parts of their South African territories.
- The Hapsburgs trapped in Baltic Lithuania refuse the peace, and dig in for a siege. The main Hapsburg army continues with their advance into Lithuania, figuring that they have space to play with, while the Poles don't. A quick drive to their capital will destroy what moral they have left, and the war will be over.
- The Commonwealth surrenders, they know that the Hapsburgs would not allow their people to stay united, they ask that the Pope arrange the peace and the land changes. Many are sad stricken and women all over the empire cry, Children as well, while men hang their heads in shame. Troops march home with sad faces, some crying, others also look at the ground shamefully.
- Muscovy, now expanded from the Baltic to the Pacific, decides to greatly expand its military, mainly in the army, to better prepare for expanding their power.
- France continues to expand its colonial empire, establishing a colony in OTL western Indonesia.
- The Mamluks tell the Ottomans their territory is not for sale. They offer the Irish 10,000,000 florins for their land in South Africa. The empire starts expanding west.
- The Ottomans offer the Irish 20,000,000 florins for South African territories and, if given, will let the Irish have access to the mines there.