Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Angola, officially the Republic of Angola (Portuguese: República de Angola; Kongo: Repubilika ya Ngola), is a country in south-central Africa bordered by Namibia on the south, Democratic Republic of the Congo on the north, and Zambia on the east; its west coast is on the Atlantic Ocean. The exclave province of Cabinda has a border with the Republic of the Congo and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Angola was a Portuguese overseas territory from the 16th century to 1975. After independence, Angola was the scene of an intense civil war from 1975 to 2002. The country is the second-largest petroleum and diamond producer in sub-Saharan Africa; however, its life expectancy and infant mortality rates are both among the worst ranked in the world. In August 2006, a peace treaty was signed with a faction of the FLEC, a separatist guerrilla group from the Cabinda exclave in the North, which is still active. About 65% of Angola's oil comes from that region.
Alternate versions of Angola have been discovered in the multiverse:
- Namatania (Ætas ab Brian)
- People’s Republic of Angola (1983: Doomsday)
- People's Democratic Republic of Cabinda (1983: Doomsday)
- Republic of Angola (1983: Doomsday)
- Soviet Kingdoms of Angola (1983: Doomsday)
- United Republic of the Kongolese People (1983: Doomsday)
Alternate versions of Angola have also been discovered to belong to different nations:
- Empire of Britannia (ATLAS)
- Greater German Reich (Hitler is an American---Version 1)
- Namibia (Vegetarian World)
- Republic of Southern Africa (Zhou)