Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Open For Adoption
An Alternative World is a timeline that explores a world changed by different turns in history.
Points of Divergence
- 1789: General George Washington politely turns down the offer of becoming the first President of the United States. John Hancock is selected to become the first president.
- January 2, 1838: President Daniel Webster finally urges Congress to intervene in the Rebellions of 1837 (later the Quebec War) to help the Quebecois, as well as Canadian separatists, gain their independence. The United Kingdom decides to negotiate a peace with the U.S. in order to avoid a large-scale conflict.
- 1842: Upper Canada, formerly the Republic of Canada, decides to join the United States as the states of Niagara and Nipigon.
- September 9, 1862: General Robert E. Lee's Special Order 191 is not lost. As a result, the Army of Northern Virginia is able to successfully crush George B. McClellan and his army.
- September 1862: The United Kingdom and France extend diplomatic relations to the Confederate States and send the Royal Navy to break the Union's blockade. By November, the Treaty of New York City is signed, recognizing the Confederate States as a sovereign state.
Minor Points of Divergence
- Several U.S. presidents are either elected at different times or not elected at all. For example, George Washington declines to seek the presidency, while Stephen A. Douglas manages to win the office as a Whig president preceded him.