The timeline tells if Pink Floyd would not end, and Syd Barrett would continue his musical career.
The album The Final Cut, was released in 1984 as an solo album of Roger Waters, and had three hit songs. Not Now John, The Final Cut and When The Tigers Broke Free, the latter not present on the original album in OTL, and the album "The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking", was released as an album by Pink Floyd in 1982.
The next album was idealized by David Gilmour and Richard Wright, called "Learning to Fly" (OTL "A Momentary Lapse of Reason").
Points of Divergence
- The first Point of Divergence is that Syd Barrett left the band, but, after his rehabilitation, continued your solo carrer.
- In 1993, David Gilmour hired the bassist Rick Wills, who replaced Roger Waters, who left the band in 1985.
- Richard Wright was rehired by Gilmour in 1984.
- Syd Barrett would make a few appearances on Pink Floyd, as the show of The Wall in Earl's Court in 1980, on the tour of Learning to Fly, and the Live8 in 2005.
- Pink Floyd would not be in hiatus (1996-/2005/-2014), as in our timeline.