To avoid clogging up the home page with negotiations, alien negotiations will be held here.
We will not allow you to pass but we may attempt to retrieve said artifact if you tell us its coordinates on Earth.
- ERROR: Cannot bypass blockade. Requesting removal of blockade. Doing so will allow us to reclaim a very important artifact without incident. This artifact cannot fall into the hands of another user. Reiteration: allowing us to pass is the only way we can reclaim an artifact without violent measures. Do you accept these terms and conditions?
Other races, we want you to be aware that there are several unidentified spacecraft in the Sol System. If you know anything about them, please inform us. If they are your spacecraft, remove them from the inner part of the system and there will be no incident
ISC: something sabotaged one of our research vessels and made it act almost as if it was sentient. We don't know what it was or if it was connected.
Imperial Salaamberian Company
All diplomatic ties have been cut with the following races:
Ryrak Trade Federation
The Byzantine Empire
Sentient Protection Alliance
Imperial Salaamberian Company
ISC: the Byzantium empire must leave. They should not be allowed farther into the system than the Oort cloud.
Caborr: Completely agree. They cannot just be allowed to show up and do what they want. Apparently, they intend to colonize Mars and Earth. As a matter of fact, this is the first contact we've had with them and they already express A) an interest in planets in the solar system B) no recognition of our authority or our rules.
Introduction: We are Mech. An important artifact has been discovered on Earth. We simply need to extract this artifact. Once we have what we need, we will leave the system. There is no need to waste sentient lives over a misunderstanding.
SPA: We do not agree with making contact or getting involved with Earth affairs. However, since you have addressed us as such, we will take the matter into consideration. State the name of the artifact, it's function, and the longitude/latitude on the surface.
Name- Phantom Construct known as The Forge//Function- Terraforming//Lat/Longitude: Unknown//Since 'Earth' is mostly water, it is likely that The Forge fell into the ocean. WARNING: Allowing this artifact to fall into the wrong hands= catastrophic destruction. The Forge=capable of destroying planets as easily as making them habitable.
SPA: How do we know that this 'artifact' will not be used against us, or used to tamper with planets in this solar system?
If we were trying to use this for destructive purposes, we would have outright invaded without any attempt at communication.
ISC: I don't exactly trust the Mechs. They may retrieve the artifact, but they must have an SPA escort.
Venusians: VETO: The Venusians veto this answer and state that the "Mechs are untrustworthy scum". This is because of a previous war fought by the Venusians against the Mechs that resulted in a Pyrrhic Victory in the Sol System that resulted in the destruction of one of Saturn's Moons, resulting in Saturn's Rings.
The Byzantine Empire: Earth is not wanted, it is already inhabited by intelligent, sentient beings, they have nuclear arms, while they are weak compared to our space weapons, they can wipe out entire cities and armies. we do not want Earth. Mars is not claimed by anyone, therefor it is open to anyone.
Venusians: Actually it's claimed by us.
The Venusians are offered to split Mars in half, as you have no colonies there.
Is this the Byzantine Empire?
Mechs: Venusians, please realize that we were in a revolution against our oppressors. That was also 65 million years ago. Also, analyze this proposition: we can make Venus habitable again.
SPA SUMMIT II
Issue: The Forge
Venusian: The Forge is a massive installation that has the potential to destroy all life in the galaxy, but it also has the ability to create planets and life. What are we going to do after it is resurrected? Destroy it? Steal it? Use it as a massive weapon? Use to create planets and life? Hide it? Or something else?
Dravimos: It has the potential to be a powerful asset, therefore it should not belong to any one race. Seizing would require a long costly war with the Mechs, however.
Caborr: How about this - once we retrieve the Forge, we rig it so that it will only work if there are certain 'keys' inserted, and give each race one 'key'. That way, the only way it can be used is if all four of us in the SPA and the Mechs put in their 'keys'.
- Issue: Sentients in the Solar System
- Currently, two non-alliance species are expanding into the Solar System - the Regentechs and the Byzantine Empire, the latter being the bigger threat to Earth. We have repeatedly warned them to vacate the system but they have refused. So- what are we, as the guardians of Earth, prepared to do about it?
- BE Diplomacy: The BE should be able to colonize Mas, after all, who cares about the HUMANS KNOWING ABOUT US? They are in the middle of a standoff and about to kill themselves eventually. The BE has every right to Mars and there are other humanoid races out there the SPA has conquered and didn't care about, why do suddenly care about this puny race of Humans?
- Because we learn from our mistakes! Now if you please, this is an SPA summit, and you cannot just barge in! Make a motion for the chair to recognize you and then we can talk!
- sorry, can the BE please join these talks then?
- The chair recognizes the representative of the Byzantine Empire. As we have stated, the Venusians have a claim to Mars and the SPA has forbidden any non-native species from entering the system. What have you to say?
- The Empire thanks the chair for recognizing the BE's representative, and states that we have all expanded beyond our systems, and did not know of the Venusian claim, as well as stating that it has a large population on Mars, and cant leave the planet, at least not now.
- In that case, the SPA will grant the Byzantine Empire 10 solar rotations (years) to vacate Mars as well as any assistance needed. The Empire must leave the system.
- That is not possible, the population doubles every rotation due to Byzantine breeding a birth rate habits. It takes one month pregnancy to give birth to a Pack (a litter) of six Byzantines, the population will keep growing without Byzantine government interference and without further colonists.
- The SPA will grant 20 rotations total in consideration of the birth rate of your species, but by then your species will be expected to leave the system. The Byzantine Empire will be expected to do whatever is necessary to vacate the system or face consequences.
- The BE thanks the SPA for its 20 years rotation allowance, but asks where to transport its citizens, and how, as more than the sent colonial ships will be needed to transport them, and the home world is not an option, as its is very, very crowded and there would be more returning colonists than those sent, not including those born on the way back.
- The BE asks if it can colonize Alpha Centauri, as it would provide a place for all of the colonists and we would be very easy to get there.
- Permission will be granted, but first, we have another offer. The Mechs are searching Earth for an artifact called the forge, which has the power to create planets. We have made them an offer to retrieve the forge, one condition being that a planet be created in you solar system for your species to colonize. What do you say?
- I can actually create planets already, but it is time consuming, can I colonize Alpha-Centauri and have the new planet?
- No, just one. In the case that you can create planets, the SPA asks you to create a planet in your system for your people to inhabit. That will be all.
- THis is the first Azaranian Delegation to the Sentient Protection Alliance. We are called by some to be the peacekeepers of the universe. We have been here at the start of many civilization in this system, and we can state that the granting of interstellar travel to one nation in the heavily fractured earth (by this I mean nations) will have disastrous consequences. We have had samples from many of your languages, and we have no trouble sending endless supplies of reinforcements using PtP warp engine installed in nearly every fighter. we have samples of many of your languages, and we have fully decifered the New Venusian one.
- Regenetech Diplomacy: We have a proposal. Leave us alone. We will not expand farther than where we already are. Let us stay on Triton and Titan. Take back the Caborrean Fleets. And I warn you: Regenetech are technologically advanced: We live very far away, and our super-hyperdrive has allowed to enter the Sol System (proof of our technological superiority). Should you choose to go to war with us, woe betide all SPA member species. Now, back to the proposal, let us stay on Triton and Titan, and we won't do anything. And secondly, why must we leave in the first place? We are just colonizing. Titan is an exact replica of our home world. We will not expand into the Sol System. So let us be on Triton and Titan, and leave. Remove your presence from the orbits of our colonized satellites.
- SPA Diplomacy: There are a few problems with what you are doing.
- The Sol System has two sentient races native to the system. Furthermore, you contradict your statement by saying that you will not expand into the Sol system when you already have.
- You are colonizing worlds that have Venusian colonies on them. That could be considered an act of war.
- Both the Venusians and Dravimos are highly advanced civilizations, if not the most advanced known, and are capable of war on a massive scale.
- Regenetech Diplomacy: What we mean is, we won't go further in. And there are colonies on Triton and Titan? Do show me proof.
- Their civilization began to explore the cosmos 640 million years ago, when they were around the same point as the present day Humans. During this time the Venusians quickly advanced as they established colonies on Mercury, the asteroid belt, the Jovian Moons, the Saturnian Moons, and the Kuiper Belt. As taken from the Species page.
Number One: Triton is a Neptunian Moon.
Number Two: Titan is a Saturnian moon, yes. But do the Venusians have claim over the whole moon? We are only establishing a colony around Kraken Mare. Are the Venusians there?
Number Three: The passage noted is not specific. It is not mentioned whether they colonized half the moons, three-quarters, one of them, or all of them. Now we can say that we had no knowledge that the Venusians were there.
Number Four: The Venusians made no objection when we landed on Titan. On these grounds, we have not landed on their territory. Because: Triton is Neptunian, and nobody ever said they owned Titan exactly.
Number Five: At the top of this summit, it says that two non-members, ourselves included, have entered the system. "We have repeatedly warned them to vacate the area." We only received a notice after this was stated. So that statement is incorrect.
Number Six: The whole point of the SPA is to defend Earth and humans and sentients. Have we ever threatened humans or given the slightest notion of having the thought of hurting them?
Number Seven: If anyone who is non-SPA cannot enter the system, then any sentient being would say that the SPA is attempting to keep the system to themselves.
Number Eight: Venusians and Dravimos might be ancient species, but we are an ancient species from where we come from. (Take heed of the main page. Our weakness is that we are way out there in the middle of nowhere.)
So, that is our case. State your counter-arguments.
- THE TREATY:
- ARTICLE I:
- Regarding the Fate of Earth: No non-Earth native shall attack Earth, no one shall capture Earthians, no one is allowed to enslave Earthians. Should a non-human want to live on Earth, they shall not harm any species native to Earth, sentient or non-sentient.
- ARTICLE II
- Regarding the Fate of Outer Space: No Empire may exterminate, mass kill, or destroy any species or their home planet. A sort of Interstellar Peace Committee could be established to help regulate everything, sort of like the human UN.
- ARTICLE III
- Regarding the Fate of the War: Status quo ante bellum will be restored with some exceptions, although each warring nation will have a planet in the Sol System to maintain order. This can be decided once the Treaty is ratified.
- ARTICLE IV:
- Regarding the Fate of the Warring Nations: All territories not belonging to the Democrist and Terran originally will be freed. This means that the Reim, Hoxian, and other empires will be released from Terran control and that the Democrists will have to give the Enumus independence. More specifically, species that don't want to be in an empire will become independent, no exception.
- ARTICLE V:
- Regarding the Fate of Destructed Areas: Areas like Paris, Vancouver, and Chicago will be reconstructed and put back on their feet.
- ARTICLE VI:
- Regarding the Fate of Armies: No space faring nation (excluding Humans) can have an army more than 25% of their full populations.
- ARTICLE VI
- Regarding the Fate of Destruction and Star Systems: No planet or star will be destroyed without due reason, i.e. it poses some unavoidable threat to your nation.
- ARTICLE VIII:
- Regarding the Fate of Current Occupation: All races currently in the Sol System will have to move out. (Byzantiums, we formerly gave you twenty years, a long time of that has been gone.)
- REQUIRED WARRING SIGNATORIES
- Dravimosian Empire (Signed)
- Terran Empire
- Democrists (Signed)
- All other non-Earthian nations are required to sign.
- Why do the Byzantiums need to sign? They're are not at war.
- They don't need to, but they can if they agree with the ideas in the treaty if they want.
- Would you prefer the Byzantiums ignore this treaty and do what it says not to do, having the BE be the only nation not abiding by it, such as the occpation of certain planets? Mars is mine.
- No, you're only obliged to abide to some clauses, not the war ones. That is how real politics works.
- All right, sorry, then we agree to the terms as well.
- ARTICLE I:
- THE TREATY: