-Age of Authority is a beginners map game, a place for all new users to the wiki who are excited to play map games but feel intimidated by the more professional map game of Principia Moderni IV, which has high standards of plausibility and a complex set of rules and algorithms. Starting in 100 AD with four-year turns, this map game is set to a simpler time, with basic rules and a basic algorithm. Experience in this game is meant to build up the experience for new users until they feel they can take on the more challenging world of Principia Moderni. So enjoy!
100 AD is a time of great centralization and homogenization, where half of the Earth's population is controlled by two Empires: one Latin, and one Han. These two live in isolation from each other, but with the vague knowledge of each other's existence through trade. New religions are on the rise with Christianity spreading throughout pagan Rome, as the canonical New Testament has just come to a close. Buddhism has just penetrated into China, where it too is making considerable headway. Art and culture flourish in these two empires, whose knowledge slowly disseminates to the neighboring nations.
- Plausibility will be enforced, but not so strictly. More as a guide than a rule.
- As each turn is four years, write in your post a summary of all the things your nation's people did during those years.
- If you declare war, write a summary of the campaign in your post. This gives a sense of the specific goals you set out in the campaign for these four years
- If you post anything that requires response from the mods, such as declaring war, clearly designate it as bold. Please do not bold anything that does not require mod intervention.
- Rome and China are off limits for players. This much should be obvious.
- That being said, players can role play some of the religious factions within Christianity. As a Christian player, you do not have any political authority but only religious. So keep that in mind.
- Wars are decided through a simple algorithm
- Have fun
- Teotihuacan -Tullin
- Zapotecs - AlternateHistoryMapper
- Hueves -
- Roman Empire (Mod only)
- Playable Christian factions:
- Bishop of Rome - KawaiiKame
- Bishop of Byzantium -MrVicle
- Bishop of Jerusalem -ikeangew
- Bishop of Alexandria -
- Bishop of Antioch -
- Ireland - ikbencool
- Alba -
- Dacia - 22:20, October 15, 2017 (UTC)
- Marcomanni - The History Nerd
- Bosporus - Praise Helix (Welcome my children)
- Vistulan People - Adolf Coffee
- Garama -
- Kush - SUltan
- Lazica -
- Caucasian Iberia -
- Caucasian Albania -
- Armenia -
- Nabataea -
- Himyar -
- Parthian Empire- User:TheOneMadman
- Transoxiana -
- Osrhoene -
- Adiabene -
- Atropatene -
- Hyrcania -
- Mesene -
- Persis -
- Kushan Empire -
- Indo-Scythian Kingdom -
- Sahatavanas Empire -
- Puzhinadu -
- Kongu -
- Colas -
- Cera -
- Ay -
- Pandyas -
- Lanka -
East and Central Asia
- Han Empire (Mod only)
- Prince of Yan -
- Min Yue -
- Goguryeo -
- Silla -
- Baekje -
- Gaya Confederacy -
- Yayoi Japan -
- Xiongnu Confederacy - Falconis
- Funan - Sidewinder
The Game Has Begun. This first turn will last until 11:59 PM EST on October 15 to give people time to post.
Mod Events are underlined. They are events each turn controlled by the Mods. For how to post your turn, refer to the Talk Page.
After decades of being humiliated by the Dacian people, the Roman Senate approves Trajan Augustus to invade the Dacian Kingdom. As part of his campaign, the Tenth Legion is positioned at Vishal (modern day Vienna).
At the height of its power, the Roman Empire elects Frontinius, Pliny the Younger, Servianus, and Manius Maximus as Consuls in succesion, all paired with the First Citizen, Emperor Trajan, the picked successor of the recently-departed Nerva. Trajan is a highly competant ruler and administrator, focusing on developing the military and expanding the power of Rome, which at this time consists of 50 million people and a military of 300,000. Bricks begin to be used across the Empire, as new Roman settlements are made in Africa, Hispania and Britannica.
Trajan's economic policies immediately take effect, as the Market of Trajan is constructed. However, a fire also breaks out in 104 AD. Works of Roman literature flourish at this time, spreading the Latin language. Epicetus publishes Discources and Plutarch Parallel LIves.
The extremities of Rome are more loosely governed, paritcularly the British Isles. The native Romano-Britain kingdoms have their own elected "High King" in the form of King Lucius, under the local Roman governor Titius Quietus. In order to obtain better access of Germania, the architect Apollodorus of Damascus builds a bridge over the Danube.
Christianity rapidly spreads across the Roman Empire as far as Britannica, but is also seen across the Middle East far into the Parthian Empire. Religious dogma first appears on matters related to morality and faith, but many other traditions are still unwritten. As the last of the original Apostles, John the Evangelist, dies in Ephesus, church authority rests on the apostolic successors across the five major Churches: Rome, Alexandria, Byzantium, Antioch, and Jerusalem. The Book of Revelations, last document of the New Testament, is completed at this time, but an official canon is yet to exist.
The Roman Empire remians largely pagan, however, and Trajan considers Christianity a possible threat to the state. A temple to Baal is constructed in Syria. In the wake of the first Jewish-Roman War a generation earlier, the status of Jews across the empire are viewed with fierce suspicion.
The population of lions dwindle to extinction in Europe.
The Han Dynasty of China is the dominent power in East Asia, with efficient administration equal and opposite to Rome. Military expansion pushes into the Tarim Basin by General Ban Chao, who dies in 102 AD. The Silk Road exports silks and spices from the Han across Central Asia and India to Europe. Paper is first used at this time for currency. The wheelbarrow is also invented at this time.
Monumental works of Hindu and Buddhist literature are formulated across South Asia at this time, including the Kama Sutra, but along with many superstitions. The Fourth Buddhist Council is convened in Lanka. Although Buddhism is mostly in South Asia, the first Buddhist missionaries move through China at this time. Images and idols of Buddha appear as a staple of Indian art.
The rising hegemony of Axum takes power over the Kingdom fo Kush.
The Kingdom of Himyirate in modern-day Yemen is faced with war against barbarian kingdoms in Arabia.
The Hopwell culture begins to flourish along the Ohio River.
The great city of Teotihuacan is the dominent power in North America, with direct control over the whole Mexican Valley. It reaches a population of 50,000 at this time.
The Moche culture flourishes in Peru.
The Tainos also start to develop their culture.
- Marcommani: We continue to resists roman influences, and continue to live separately from the Romans, but our King Vangio and many other chiefs and germanic peoples of the tribe believe that the concept of "Nation and Unity" would benefit the people of Marcommani the best. We also promote unity between the hermanic tribes of The region named by the outsiders with spears as "Germania", into one single entity. Our King, with the approval of the chiefs and military commanders, start to implement policies similar to the foreign ways of governance. The King and his ghief advisors all know that it will take decades to gully organize the Marcommani into a full fledged nation, but who knows?
- Vistulan People:As the Vistulan's begin to settle down along the Vistuala River Valley, farming begins to advance in development with several farm communities developing with on being lead by land owner Klaus of Vistula establishing a new village near the mouth of the river named Mudalak. He marries a Slave from another village named Buruka and gives birth to a son named Bogoslav. Mudalak begins to see a higher level of development. Huts begin to evolve into better established buildings such as areas of worship are made for the 8 gods of the land. Grain grows to be a highly valued item for the Vistulans as the production of this good is traded a cross villages.the first iron daggers are used in a sub-village of Mudalak for defence against invaders. Canoes begin to become better designed as well to carry more men. Bogoslav celebrates his 3rd birthday on the hillside of the Vistula River Valley where a feast is held. The population of Mudulak rises to 3,800.
- Bishop of Jerusalem: a Patriarch is crown, Patriarch Andrew ask rome for more freedom in the empire, he aslo help convert more people along with up bulid up jerusalem goverment, we start to help the poor
- Zapotecs: The Zapotecs have entered an era of expansion. We have united to face the dangers of the outside world and to stand against the rotting of time. We will begin expansion eastward.
- Bishop of Alexandria: The Patriarch begins funding a private militia to cement christianity on the borderlands of the Roman Empire. He also begins contacting several christian nobles about funding the militia. He contacts the Bishop of Byzantium about a possible union between their Bishoprics to strengthen and centralize the growing church. A charity is created which feeds and clothes poorer Romans and slaves in exchange for them converting to christianity. Several churches are built in Africa to help spread christianity there. The Bishop meets with Trajan and is offering to swear his allegience to Rome if the Bishoprics are allowed to continue spreading christianity.
- Bishop of Jerusalem Dip: we will like to join the union
- Alexandria Dip: We agree to this and propose that we establish a council to discuss christianity in a more centralized form and how efforts can be made to spread it. We set the date of this council for 105 AD and invite all of the Bishops. The Union is declared as the Bi-Bishopric of the East.
- The Bishop of Byzantium agrees to join the council in 105, wherever it is -Mod
- Bishop of Jerusalem Dip: we will like to join the union
- Ireland: Thuatal Techtmar is the high king of Ireland and he is controlling all tribes on the island. Trade with the Romans continues like usual, just like the slave trade. There are some Roman soldiers present on the island to protect the traders. The population is arond the 230,000.
- Teotihuacan:Our people for the first time begin to use Glyphic writing.This is used as the first way to write administration down.Most of them being for taxation and for making of treaties with other city state.Our Tlahtoāni becomes the first Leader of our nation being recorded in glyphs.Our farmers to begin devoloping more stone tools.While at the same time wooden logs with their roundness begin to develop as a form of transporting heavy materials.Corn also begin be grow more.While at the same time Roasted Snake becomes a popular food with the upperclass.Our Army also begin to get standardised with all normal soldiers having to own a wooden warclub and a reet shield with animal hide ontop of it.And the Personal guard having to wear cloth army with feathers and animal toooth necklasses and Obsidan war clubs and wooden shields with hide and feathers.These soldiers are small numbers with around 1 000 Regulars soldiers,And with 250 elite Jaguar Wariors.The Tlahtoāni Also decides that the families with most influence and smartest sons should with him make a Counsil of sons To get more work done in the City.
- Kush: With the rising hegemony of Axum, the leader of Kush (god knows who he is) is killed a replaced by his military mucho man dude "Khani". Khani then allows the rising hegemony to take control as long as he is able to control the army. After much debating (in the new" "the council of tribes" allows him to keep control of the army, but forms the council of tribes in hopes of preventing Khani from taking power. This council is supported by the majority of people unaware of the under cover cold war among the council and Khani. The council of the tribes then all vote to annex Axum. The annexation of Axum pisses off some Axum and Kush people but nothing huge.
- Dacia: Decebalus, the king of Dacians, sends emissaries to the Iazyges, Marcomanni, Quads and Vistulans for an alliance against the ever-looming Roman threat, saying that Trajan's Rome is to be defeated, or else all will be lost. In exchange, he offers trade deals for Dacian resources in the mountains (Marcomanni and Vistulan RESPONSE) (MOD RESPONSE). He also sends secret men trying to bribe the governors of Moesia Inferior and Moesia Superior with promises of help if he allies with the Dacians against Trajan (MOD RESPONSE). Fundings go into building up the Dacian mountain-fortresses and arming the people, preparing for a war for life and death. May Gebeleizis give us strenght!
- The Quads and Lazyges agree to ally with Dacia to stop the Roman invasion -Mod
- Moesia inferior takes the bribe to surreptitiously delay Trajan -Mod
- The Vistulans: We except this gift and in exchange gives grain and a variety of other goods
- The King of Marcommani Energetically Accepts the offer, as he promoters for more tribal unity in the region, and to stop foreign Influence and invasion from the Soldiers they Call "Speermänner" (German for Spearmen)
- Parthian Empire: There is attempts to start centralization in the empire. Roads are built, trade between the feudal states is increasing, and taxes are being collected. The road to centralization, however, will be long and difficult, and it looks like events in the court are more pressing. Pacorus II, ruler of the empire, seems to be on death's door. Vologases III of Armenia swears he will take the throne. This makes Osroes, brother to Pacorus and heir to the throne, furious, and he vows to declare war on Armenia and it's allies if Vologases takes the throne. Fortunately, Pacorus lives to see 104.
- Bishopric of Rome: Evaristus becomes the new Bishop of Rome, succeeding Clemet, God bless his soul. In order to prevent persecution of Christians in Rome, Evaristus goes to Emperor Trajan, saying that the Bishopric of Rome will recognize Trajan's rule if Christians are not persecuted in Rome, even offering Trajan consul when he needs it. In 104 we immediately respond and help those burning in the Trajan Market Fire, delivering water where we can to combat the fire. We mourn the death of John the Apostle, and we attempt the canonization of the New Testament with Revelation written down, especially the Gospel. We attempt a union with the Church of Corinth.
Any player currently signed up who doesn't have any post by the end of this turn will be unsigned to make room for other players
Trajan proceeds with his inavsion across the Danube, stationing the Second Legion at Aquincum.
The Roman Empire invades the Nabataean Kingdom, siezing the city of Kerak.
Trajan's campaign against the Dacians is delayd, however, to deal with the situation in Egypt. The Roman prefect Marcus Lupus reports that an armed militia is gathering loyal to the Bishop Kedron. In reaction, Trajan sends a Century to crush the rebellion (Alexandria player, you can either surrender or fight with an algo as described on the talk page)
As the incident is quelled in Egypt, Trajan initiates the Third Great Persecution of the Church, declaring Christianity an enemy of the state. Andrew the Just, bishop of Jerusalem, is crucified, and Kedron of Alexandria is also ordered to be arrested. Bishop Ignatius of Antoch writes a series of letters to the Council of Churches from Byzantium, Alexandria and Jerusalem, affirming the need for unity within a Universal (Catholic) Church. Subsequent to these letters, Ignatius is also arrested and killed in the Colleseum.
This persecution, however, only serves to strengthen the churches in these cities, as the communities continue to spread underground, and new bishops are elected to replace the martyrs. However, Trajan shows clemency to the churches in Rome, and spares the lives of Bishop Evaristus as well as many of the Church presbyters.
In spite of these troubles, the prestigue of the Roman Empire continues to grow. Embassedors from the Tamil states of India arrive in Rome in 107 AD. Tacitus also completes his history of Rome around this time. Doctor's offices are created for the first time. Trajan's Bridge is completed at this time, along with various other projects such as the Aqua Traniana.
The Kushan Empire begins an expansionist phase against the kingdoms of Nepal, and encroaches against Parthia eyeing their weakened state.
In China, the Eastern Han Dynasty of China becomes internally unstable under a quick succession of young emperors, with the Queen Dowargess in de-facto control over the Empire. The magnificent scientist Cai Lun perfects the art of papermaking, which becomes standard across East Asia. Tributes of slaves are sent from the Yayoi Kingdom of Japan anually.
Baekje and Silla end the war they had been fighting for the last 20 years.
The State of Funan is founded in Southeast Asia.
- The Bishop of Alexandria: The Bishopric undergoes a schism between the Bishop and his brother. The Bishop's brother, leader of the Militia, decides to take them and flee to Axum where they will prepare to wage a holy war against Trajan and hopes to establish an underground network of christians to overthrow Trajan while the Bishop hands himself over and swares his allegience to Trajan, saying that, if Trajan acts correctly, he could use the Church to enforce his rule and better control his people (roman response). Several devout christians in Roman Morocco form a militant group known as the Sanctus Ignis, who consist of veteran soldiers and commanders appallled by Trajan's crackdown on Christianity. They exist completely in secret for now and travel the countryside in Iberia, secretly recruiting peasants to work in their underground army. They then make their way into Brittania and set up base there where there is little Roman prescence and therefore little persecution of christians.
- Trajan does not take the offer -Mod
- Zapotecs: The Zapotecs has started extending their influence through out Mesoamerica. Ever since we stepped out of Monte Alba, we have been adapting to the toxic political atmosphere that is of the Nahuatls. The Zapotecs has begun annexing other Mesoamerican cultures and smaller tribes into ours. And with the birth of a new Tribe leader among our ranks, the Zapotecs sees a bright future. Expansion eastward has now veered slightly to the North.
- Marcommani: We continue to Make the Marcommani into a More Foreign like government, with an Armed Militia being destablished as the defense force of the tribe with an Official Trained Army, though still use wooden spears and swords. With are new army, we give them their first Mission, and that is to safely Guard supplies that is going to the Dacia people to aid them in their war against the Romans. They do this successfully, which surprises the King a little, expecting for them to screw up while doing SOMETHING on the mission, but they did well. The Army is made to make an oath to loyalty to the king, making the army his Own, the King realizes that The Speermänner army (Roman Army) has People who Command the soldiers, using weeks of planned Strategy, the King Decides that elders should become these "Bosses" of The troops during times of war. We futhure more Push for unitedness between the Germanic Tribes, and even know they aren't a Germanic tribe, we request an Alliance with the Vistulan People, in exchange, we will trade with them. (player Response)
- Teotihuacan:Our Tlahtoāni begins to give more power to him and the consil of Sons.Where the consil has mostly adminstrative power he gains power of foreign policy and for the army.The Jaguar wariors also become even more trained and learn the tactics of the eagle.Where the claws directly attacks in the middle the wings sneak around and the back keep back rested for battle.
- Bosporan Kingdom: The Kingdom continues it's trade with the Roman empire, with wealth being confiscated from the Kurgans of the Steppes. Sauromates the current king of Bosporus begins to take a more aggressive approach with dealing with the neighboring Alazones. We begin to expand into their land primarily within Crimea establishing military outposts and trading settlements. The kingdom maintains a stance of neutrality towards the Roman-Dacian war, the reasoning being that we possess no ill-will towards the Dacians but as Rome is our primary benefactor it would serve in our best interests to stay out of the war. A law is passed making the Denarius the standard currency of the Kingdom, this is done primarily to promote trade with rome. Despite their more aggressive policy towards the Alazones, Sauromates sends a diplomatic envoy to the Alans and Sarmatians hoping to establish trade between us (Mod response). Within the city of Phanagoria, the capitol of the Kingdom the followers of Aphrodite's cult establish a Temple of love and fertility. This temple establishes priests in private "sessions of love" dedicated to the Goddess. While some more prudent members of society look down upon the temple as improper, it quickly becomes popular among the upper class of the Kingdom.
- Trade is accepted - Mod
- Bishop of Jerusalem: his father killed, 11 year old Nathanael the Fair flees to Armenia to hide in the hills, a proxy bishop, Jude call up the protection of the other bishops and the old famliy of jews, the maccabees even though we need a peaceful ending we aslo called up the bishop of Alexandria to protect very old books, send women and kids of our chruch to axum while get the men to get ready to fight,we start to fortefied our buldings in the city, Nathanael sends letters to the bishop on make the chruch and place it in armenia or jeruslaem after the war (response form bishops).
- Parthian Empire: Pacorus II, King of Kings and Emperor of all Parthia, dies in 105 AD. Vologases of Armenia attempts to take the throne and is almost successful, however, a guard secretly loyal to Osroes shoots and kills him with an arrow shortly before the coronation ceremony can begin, and Vologases dies. Because of this, Osroes takes the throne, and declares himself Arsaces the Fortieth. He attemps to get every lord of Parthia to declare allegiance to him, for the greater good of the empire. (Mod and Parthian lords Response) More roads and public works projects are planed, and investments into a new standing army are made.
- Vistulan People: As Mudalak continues to rise as the most powerful village of the region, news reaches the leader and lord of Mudalak that his wife's family has been enslaved by the Bojogov Tribe, a slavic tribe to the east which is renowned for being a ruthless and barbaric state. This leads to the organization of around 600 men(most of which are german) to set off with Klaus to rescue and takeover the village in 105 AD. With his men, Klaus enters the village with no mercy and the men begin to pillage and take all of what they can from the village while facing 400 men on the bottom of a hill. There, a bloody battle ensues leading to the destruction of the Bojogov army with only 120 of Klaus's men perishing. With the capture of the village, many of the men capture and execute the leaders of the village while others commit atrocities of rape and more. By the end of it all, the village was in shambles but the family of Baruka that were enslaved for 30 days were now free and are sheltered back in Mudulak. The first children of the unfortunate rape victims are born having now the DNA of that of a German or already German-Slavic man of the brutal Klaus Army. Following this event, roads are built across Mudulak and sub villages are now connected to the rest of Mudulak. A fortress begins to be built around Mudulak and with architecture increasing in development, A large house is built for Lord Klaus. With this being completed, many homes are remodeled across the now Fortified Mudulak making livelyhood and accommodations better. With trade with the Dacians on the rise, we're able to form an economy. Mudulak incorporates the village of Bojogov into the Mudulak Proto-State in 108 AD. Ethnic and Racial mixing grows significantly with the slavs and germans but the thought of mixing the language grows as some words are copied into eachother's language within the area. Mudulak following the Conquering of the village and unity of the sub-villages gives the proto-state a population of 13,000. We offer Asylum to German and Slavic fugitives from across the land for protection. Harvest continue to be continuing to have a surplus of crops and food as more farmland is cleared out in multiple villages for the next growing seasons. As Mudulak grows in power, another village to the west grows i power as trade is brought in from Dacia to the village of Kursk.
- kush: With the rising hegemony of Axum, the leader of Kush (god knows who he is) is killed a replaced by his military mucho man dude "Khani". Khani then allows the rising hegemony to take control as long as he is able to control the army. After much debating (in the new" "the council of tribes" allows him to keep control of the army, but forms the council of tribes in hopes of preventing Khani from taking power. This council is supported by the majority of people unaware of the under cover cold war among the council and Khani. The council of the tribes then all vote to annex Axum. The annexation of Axum pisses off some Axum and Kush people but nothing huge. The Council begins to expand into poor tribes in southern and western bordering regions annexing them under the Kush flag. With Christians feeling into our country we ask ROME if they would just send us them instead of killing them.
- Bishop of Byzantium: Sedecion, the new ruler of Byzantium, begins his reign by revitalizing literature and art, while going along with the persecution of any Christians living in the main city, Byzantium, as well as in Athens and other major coastal Greco-Roman cities. Not many citizens of Byzantium are enjoying Trajan mainly due to his ruthless and careless behavior, however, citizens still proclaim their loyalty to his ruling. Controlling the trade from the Mediterranean to the Bosporan Kingdom, Sedecion begins to slowly cut the trade input and output by either stockpiling the materials or simply sending them somewhere else.
- Bishopric of Rome: Upon the mercy of Trajan, the life of Evaristus is spared, and he is allowed to die a natural death in 107. Before his passing, Evaristus writes about the Persecution of the Church, especially in Jerusalem, being a Jew himself, condemning Trajan and his horrific atrocities against Christians around the Empire, as well as concurring with Bishop Ignatius' call of a Universal Church in these times of immense terror. While Evarstus condemns Trajan for his persecution, he also says that even Trajan is capable to be merciful, citing his clemency to Roman Christians. "Even Trajan the merciless can be merciful, even Trajan the Persecutor can be saved by the grace of God." Upon the death of Evaristus, Alexander becomes the next Bishop of Rome, where he expands on Evaristus' writings, stating that Trajan is a symbol of humanity. "Like Trajan, all of man is capable to fall into sin, including wrath that only seeks destruction, being merciless in persecution to those who violate his will or wrong him in some other way. But neither Trajan nor man is solely wrathful, for we are capable of mercy and forgiveness, especially to our enemies. Though God is also wrathful when we violate His will when we sin, and sin we do, he is also merciful, and he gave us mercy through Christ and Christ alone. Thus Trajan, and all of human kind, can be saved by the grace of God." Alexander intends to send the message that all can be saved by sending out missionaries to all corner's of the world, starting with spreading Christianity to the newly formed Bosporan Kingdom. We continue the policy of working with Trajan, seeking not only his salvation, but the salvation for all of Rome, both in the City and across the Empire. We send Christians into Doctor offices to heal the sick and the broken, as well as assisting the construction and maintenance of Trajan's Bridge and the Aqua Traiana. Alexander mourns the loss of Bishop Ignatius in the Coliseum, watching his execution live, and takes up the mantel of creating the Universal (Catholic) Church, claiming he is the modern Peter, for Christ founded the Church upon the rock of Peter, the first Bishop of Rome, so it's only logical that the Bishops of Rome continue to be the Church's foundation for all the ages. Meanwhile, both underground Christian movements are facilitated in preparation for a potential persecution by Trajan and Roman Christians go out in the streets of Rome to help whoever is in need.
As a pro tip, remember that every turn is exactly 24 hours. So if you are worried about missing a turn, just post twice the same day (in different turns), and that'll put you back on track. Exactly when during the day that is depends on your timezone. Here its Midnight EST (UTC-5).
Trajan's economic reforms continue to expand the prestigue of the empire, as the Forum of Trajan and the Arch of Benevento are completed. Suetonius completes his history of Rome called the Twelve Caesars. Rome and China exchange goods along the Silk Road.
Having dispelled the insurreciton in Egypt, Trajan invades Dacia a second time. Titius Quietus is dispatched with a modest force to keep the Jewish-Christian insurreciton contained to Judea.
The Nabataean Kingdom is annexed by Rome.
Most of the Parthian princes ally to Arsaces XL Osroes. However, the sub-kingdom of Media continues to revolt under the rule of Shah Parthamaspates.
The Kushan Empire goes to war against the Sakas (the Indo-Skythian Kingdom)
Christianity begins to be more centralized, with heirachal bishops based on apostolic succession. Churches from Byzantium, Jerusalem, and Alexandria follow the council of 105 AD, based on Saint James the Just, whereas the churches of Antioch and Rome follow the succession of Peter. Holy men preach the Gospel in Bosporos and Kush.
The persecution of Trajan continues in ernest, forcing most Christian churches to be held in secret. In Greece, the comic playwrite Lucian writes The Passing of Peregrain, which mocks the religion. In Judea, Nathanel the Fair finds allies with the Jewish Zealots led by Lukas Andreas, also enemies with Rome.
- Zapotecs: The leader/shaman who has been leading the unified Zapotecs ever since Monte Alba, dies when he led a hunting group in the forests of Oxoaca. His son, Zyanya, rises up to lead the Zapotecs in place of his father. Many in the ranks of the Mesoamericans doubt the skills of Zyanya since he is still young.
- Marcommani: We continue to Make the Marcommani into a More Foreign like government, with increases trade with other tribes, and, with the order from the king, Start to build a Large village, (What we would call a town today) called "Großes Dorf" (Large Village in German) that will be our Cäpital, it should be built in a couple of years. We continue to send supplies to the Davcians with our New Army Guarding it. Elders who had been in the tribal militia before our reforms accept the role of being the "Bosse" (German for "bosses") of certain "Battlegroups" (Pretty much Early versions of Divisions but they are much larger with 3 Battlegroups Compossing the Army.) again we Send a Message to the Vistulans requesting an Trading alliance (Vistula response NEEDED).
- Dacia: Decebalus asks his allies to ATTACK the Roman Empire while he deals with the Romans, harassing their parties in the night and drawing them into battle at an important pass. Important treasure is sent to an unknown location for safekeeping. Fundings go into building up the Dacian mountain-fortresses and arming the people, preparing for a war for life and death. May Gebeleizis give us strenght!
- Marcommani Messanger: we apologies to the Dacians and explain that are forces are not as Modern as The Speer (Roman) armies and could be defeated Easily with only 50,000 Warriors (What we call Our Soldiers) we could easily be crushed by the superior Speer Army, we still will keep sending Aid and weapons to the Dacians.
- Mudulakan Dip: We help by giving grain and preserved fish for the Dacian Army. Dimitri the Honorable is sent to Dacia to help with war tactics such as geurilla warfare and such to find the best possible plans to make a war campaign against the "Feathered Reds" (Romans) as effective as possible.
- Ireland:The new king ordered a plan to build roads around the hill where the palace is located. Some merchants build an outpost on the mainland (OTL Scotland) to improve trade with the tribes there. The outpost contains around the 100 people. Other merchants want to do the same on a little island (OTL island of Man) and the Roman territory (OTL Wales), but this did not happen yet.
- Bishop of Jerusalem: we fellow the teaching of James the just, Nathanael the Fair in exiles, starts the Judean Orthodox Church, we thank Lukas Andreas for help, we also start to sabotage the roman army while still be peacefull, a Judean Orthodox Church is set up in Jerusalem and in Yerevan, we spread this chruch though out the levent and Armenia, we request the Sanctus Ignis to protect proxy bishop jude and Nathanael (Bishop of Alexandria response needed).
- Vistulan People: With the rise of Klaus and Mudulak, the region is shifted permanently for the better. With Asylum seekers and escapees now seeking protection and being protected in our country, they begin to live normal lives. Trade with outside villages increase while several Slavic and German villages plot to destroy Mudulak. This plan though is halted as one of the villages are captured due to rumors of this situation by 80 men of the Mudulak Army. As what happened in Bojogov, execution, murder, and rape occurred but in a smaller scale. This village is held under protection by the Klaus Army until being incorporated to what is now called the Greater Lordom of Mudulak. Besides these circumstances, we repay back to the people with better leadership, organization, development, and fairness. As the Slavic-German cultural and racial integration continues to spread throughout OTL Prussia to OTL Poland, cultural tensions fall leading to more stability and unity. Roads become more developed connecting all of the villages to Mudulak. Dimitri of Borjogov moves to Mudulak and begins the attempts of learning the Dacian language in order to seek a higher level of education. He later is recruited into the military and helps in the Battle of Gorgos, a small German Village who had attacked a small group of 20 Mudulak soldiers travelling to Borjogov to handle a small disturbance of around 30 men and women who were trying to attack the newly established advisor picked by Klaus for the village. Following the capturing of Gorgos, he returns back to Mudulak to help Klaus establish a stronger government and create a better military. Kursk continues to develop and decides for the better of it's people, to become a client state to Greater Mudulak. New settlements are made along the coast with fishing becoming popular amongst these people. Iron tools and weapons grow becoming more used and common especially within the Mudulak Army where daggers and spears continue to be developed. Iron Axes and iron plated shields also become used within the military with axes being used as a tool for cutting down logs to make homes and also for offensive or defensive attack in warfare. We accept Marcommani's offer of alliance.
- Parthian Empire: Enraged at his son's actions, Osroes sends in the army of Parthia and the armies of his principality allies, numbering at about 125,000 infantrymen and 20 catapults. Osroes wants Media to be and example of what will happen if the states of the empire rebel. He gives explicit orders, however, that the Shah is not to be harmed, lest the heir to the throne dies. He orders instead Parthamaspates be brought to him as a hostage, and humbled before the King. In other news, a road network is close to completion in the west, and farms are being built and improved throughout the empire, as well as some small mines and forts. Several cities are also starting improvement projects.
- Are you sure this is important enough to send your entire military? -Mod
- ok fine i change-Mad
- Vistulan People As Dimitri escapes Dacia at nightfall following the surrender of the Dacia Army, he returns home 6 Months later. After returning, he begins working alongside Klaus strengthening the Lordom's military power. An official name is presented to the army called Heeriya. We begin to work on a numerical system to count and keep track of the number of troops we have. As the spread of Germanic-Slavic culture continues, the unity between the people grow. Racial Mixing continues to increase rapidly. The plot to destroy the Madaluk Society is uncovered and one by one the 8 villages that had plans to attack and destroy our hard work is destroyed leadership-wise while retaining the population and more with rape being less of an event but executions being at a higher rate. Slaves are less likely to be found in the center of Madaluk but more likely to be found in outside small towns and villages. A large stone and brick castle-like building begins to be constructed for Klaus. Kusk continues to become more dependant on the Madaluk State. We continue to except asylum seeekers especially escapes from the now occupied Roman Dacia. We expand our reaches to the OTL Modern Day Germany Border when it comes to cultural influence and ethnic land claims. coastal Areas increase in the amount of settlement.
Having completed his war against Dacia, Trajan deals with the larger insurrection in the east. Groups of Jewish Zealots lead by Lukas Andreas launch uprisings across Libya, Cyprus and Judea, in conjunction with the Judean Orthodox Church. Known as the Kitos War, Trajan with his generals Marcus Lupus and Titius Quietus engage their counter-attack to crush the rebellions. The 22nd Legion lands in Libya, the 7th Legion lands in Cyprus, while another 5,000 troops land at Caesarea.
A revolt against Rome occurs in Celtic Britain, massacuring a Roman fort in Eboracum (OTL York).
A 7.2 magnitude Earthquake strikes Syria, near Antioch. The Bishop of Antioch, Heron, is blamed for the earthquake, and subsequently martyred by local Roman authorities. The presbyters subsequently elect Cornelius to succeed him.
Further great bulding projects continue across Rome, including the Pantheon, Trajan's Forum, and the mosaic Battle of Centaurs. The city of Rome itself exceeds 1 million, and is the largest city on Earth. The persecution of the church continues, but gradually subsides, in spite of political complications by the Kitos War.
Having concluded their war against the Indo-Skythians, the Kushan Empire initiates a war agaisnt Parthia, invading OTL Balochistan. They hope to take advantage against the civil unrest with the Medes.
The Skythian kingdom attempts to gain more territory by invading eastward in India.
The internal feud between northern and southern clans in the Xiongnu comes to an end, further uniting Mongolia.
- Zapotecs: Zyanya has proven himself to be a worthy leader. He has significantly improved some infrastructural problems in Monte Alba and has successfully found the tribes who killed his father. Upon tradition, Zyanya has ordered an expansion to the North and East of Mesoamerica. Stating that their future does not lay in their homes bu in the world which ☀Coquihani has basked his light in.
- Marcomanni: We continue to Make the Marcommani into a More Foreign like government, with increases trade with other tribes. The Future Cäpital Is going great, with the area being around OTL Munich,Bavaria. King Vargio gives his Second Mission to the Proffesional Warriors of the Marcomanni Army, to go and futhure explore more north (OTL North Bavaria). They Accept the mission (I mean they kinda have too by law) and a couple 100 Warriors and Explorers go out of tribal territory and up north and explore more of OTL north Bavaria, they plant a wooden spear on the Ground with a bundle of sticks On it, which other tribes know it's the Sign of Marcomanni Territory. (Our territory consists of A strip of OTL North Austria, And Most of OTL Bavaria.) the king orders for more reforms to take place, such as having a more "Modern Legal System"as he perceives the tribe's current legal system. He orders for Men who cheat on their wives to be punished and to be humiliated in front of the tribe, making Cheating illegal.
- Bishop of Jerusalem: we start to fund Lukas Andreas,we keep spreading the Judean Orthodox Church though out the levent and Armenia,, Nathanael the Fair makes a Letter of Independence which is sent to Trajan and we request the Sanctus Ignis to protect proxy bishop Jude and Nathanael (Bishop of Alexandria response needed).
- Kingdom of Bosporus: The aggressive attacks on the Alazones continue building more forts and trade outposts expanding into their land. Trade with the Sarmatians and Alans prove very profitable and brings in much wealth to the cities of Phanagoria and Theodosia, In order to further stimulate our economy, we request a trade route to be opened with the Roxolani, Getae, and Dacians (Mod response for Roxolani and Getae). In the city of Phanagoria, walls are built around the city to protect it from attacks by the Alazones. In order to further protect our interests in the Cimmerian Sea (Sea of Azov) we begin to build up our navy. Administration reforms begin to pass giving power to bureaucrats chosen by the King, subtracting from the nobles power. Although minor the presence of christianity in our cities has not gone unnoticed, so far the current administration is unsure of what to do with them and decides to be more cautious in regards to them. In addition to this the King Sauromates ask for trade rights to transport Silk and other goods from the ports of Trapezus and Amisus (Rome mod response).
- Rosolani and Getae agree. ~Thewolvesden
- Dacia agrees.
- Rome agrees to a limited trade deal, concerned of investing too much as Bosporus is not the main Silk Route -Nate
- Dacia: After the mysterious death of Decebalus, Burebista II, new King of the Dacians, surrenders to the Roman authority and wants to become a client kingdom of the Romans, similar to the Bosporus Kingdom, under Roman suzeiranity. (MOD response.)
- The Roman Senate accepts the surrender and creates an autonomous Client Kingdom -Nate
- Bishopric of Rome: In the latter years of Alexander, from 110-114, the Roman Church fell into internal chaos as Alexander himself collapsed within, descending deep into insanity as he received multiple visions from both God and Lucifer, "I saw legions upon legions of soldiers, entire armies of beings of both Light and Darkness incarnate, and all of humanity was between the forces of Light and Darkness, between God the Creator and Lucifer the Destroyer. All the wars being waged in Heaven, in Hell, and on Earth is being waged for the soul and spirit of humanity, and every human is a battle, everyday we struggle and fight within ourselves whether to create and obey God's will for us, or to destroy and violate God's will by being in sin. But it goes deeper than that, sometimes we do not know what God's will is, we do not know what we should do, and in this darkness a light comes, but this light is false, for it is the light of Lucifer, it starts joyful and good but then it becomes twisted in deception. It is here we must cast out Lucifer, and surround yourself with your loved ones and those who know the Lord, for they will set you on the righteous path, and finally embrace God fully, repenting for all we have done, pleading for forgiveness. This eternal war is one for the salvation of all, I plead for everyone to choose life and not death. Die to yourself to live forever, surrender yourself to Christ alone to live forever." Alexander died naturally, but he lives forever in Heaven. The passing of Alexander makes Xystus the Bishop of Rome in the current age, and he reunifies the broken Roman church by calling upon all Roman Church leaders to canonize the Bible,
with all the Septuagint canonized and translated into Latin.The New Testament is also canonized per OTL, with the exception of Revelation being split into the Revelation of John and the Revelation of Alexander (the Bishop of Rome.) After the Roman canonization of the Bible, the Roman Church erupts into fierce debate and division over how to respond Trajan waging the Kistos War, with the Kistoians condemning Trajan for his horrific actions against the Judean Orthodox Church, citing that Jesus Himself was a Jew and was put to death by Romans. In response, the Trajanists try to silence and suppress the Kistoians in order to not awaken Trajan's wrath upon the Roman church, countering that Trajan has been merciful to Roman Christians and that the Jews condemned Jesus to death. In the midst of this discord, Xystus flees the Roman Council, seeing the beauty and prosperity of the largest city on Earth flourishing, only to return and declare. "Our people are Roman, our church is Roman, our city is Rome, our Empire is Rome, our Emperor is Rome. Through Rome we shall save all Romans, including our Emperor Trajan. In order to save Rome, we must help Rome." With this declaration of support for both the Roman Empire and the Roman Emperor, young Roman Christian males join the Roman Army to fight for Rome in the Kistos War, bringing with them the Roman Biblical canon and spreading the Gospel of Christ to the Pagans and Gentiles in Libya, Cyprus, and Judea, even founding Roman rite churches there. The Roman rite churches of the East are established everywhere, and since many Roman Christian soldiers have to leave after founding these churches, most of the Eastern Roman rite churches become infused with Judean and pagan beliefs. Meanwhile, supporters of the Kitos Jews form underground movements in Rome, heavily raising anti-Roman sentiment, calling for the death of Trajan, thus effectively splitting from the Bishopric of Rome.
- Little too quick there -Nate
- Parthian Empire: Surprised at the Kushan attack, Osroes decides to pull out most of the Parthian force out of the mostly occupied Medes, leaving about 25,000 men to finish up the Medeian Revolt. He sends the rest of his standing army, 225,000 men and 10 catapults, across the Empire via the new road network, however roads are still poor in the east and they arrive in 116. Meanwhile, the people of the cities and villages fight against the Kush, forming small untrained garrisons that offer only marginal resistance, but hope to give the Parthian forces time to get there. In other news, the Shah of Medes flees, and Osroes offers a hefty reward for anyone who captures him.
Starting turn slightly early. If you want to post in the last turn in the next half-hour, you may do so.
Hadrian Augustus succeeds Trajan as Emperor of Rome. This is seen as a smooth transition of power at the height of Rome's power, and at this time the Market Gate in Miletus is constructed along with the Temple of Venus in Rome. Hadrian is viewed as somewhat supersitious, as he engages in the Eleusinian Mysteries in Athens.
The revolt in Britain is crushed, and Hadrian personally visits the island to observe its strategic value. He orders the construction of the Foss Dyke, as well as a Great Wall to separate the Roman posessions from the barbarians in Alba. Roman garissons previously held in northern Britain are abandoned, with the most northern garisson being stationed in Vindolanda. However, shortly after this point the Ninth Legion stationed in Britain mysteriously disappears.
There is a revolt in Ireland by the King of Munster, Mug Nuadat, against the High King Conn.
The Third Great Persecution of the Church comes to an end as Trajan expires. Christians are no longer actively persecuted at this time. Jews continue to be viewed with suspician due to the recent revolt, and the eastern Legions tend to see the Judean Orthodox Church as associated with them.
In order to avoid war in the east, Hadrian reaches out to the Parthian Emperor Osroes Shah for a peace treaty.
Ambassadors from Indo-Skythians reside in Rome. At the same time, the Sakas extend their political power across central India.
The Han Dynasty continues to dominate its region, expanding futher into the Tarim Basin. The polymath Zheng Heng makes reforms to their calendar.
- Patriarch of Jerusalem: we officially change the name from bishop form to patriarch, we start to update and expand the the teachings of james the just with Nathanael the Fair teachings (OTL all the old Eastern Orthodox Christian teachings), Nathanael the Fair half brother Manuel was ride his donkey when snake come near the donkey it reared up knocking Manuel off of it which made him hit his head on the rock, he was in a coma for week he woke up one night where he was speaking in tongues and having convulsions, Nathanael the Fair sees and this says it's the holy ghost in him and after a hour of it he's fine, these teachings Nathanael the Fair that the holy ghost heals and expels the demons, sends the letter about and how to do it to all the Bishops,The New Testament is also canonized per OTL, we also take little bits from Bishop of Rome gospel, we spread our gospel in the levant and judea, we send a men name Karmel the Blonde to spread the gospels north towards OTL sochi and OTL Sevastopol, we request the Sanctus Ignis to protect proxy bishop Jude and Nathanael (Bishop of Alexandria response needed).
- Zapotecs:As the Zapotec culture spreads in Mesoamerica, Zyanya proves himself time and time again that he is a capable leader. Along with this, we discover new ways of improving our agricultural manners. Farms are getting sophisticated as time passes.
- Funan: Infrastructure is developed, as well as the expansion of the canal system within the nation under the command of King Liuye. Silver is mined within the grounds of the city of Angkor Borei and minted into currency. Trade coming in from Malaya or China runs through the nation, and we collect a good deal of money from the markets here. Tributes of gold and silver are to be sent to the Han Dynasty to get on their good side, while we develop our culture.
- Marcomanni: We continue to Make the Marcommani into a More Foreign like government, with increases trade with other tribes. The Future Cäpital Is going great, with the area being around OTL Munich,Bavaria. We continue to Inforce more "Modern" Laws, according to our King, Vargios, which he continues to expand the Law,And enforcing The law on the government, Making a sort of Rule of Law, where if a government Official were to do something that aid Tabu in Marcomanni, or do something bad to a Citizens, they can get punished. Divorce is still ILLEGAL, as Our tradition has always had it. Robbing, Stealing, Burning stuff on Purpose (I know it's called arson but it's Ancient times, they didn't have a word for it), like it always has, but make it more known, and greatly enforce it. Punishment for a crime is: Humiliation, Disgrace, Embarrisment, and a week of isolation. Even though it goes against Vargios's Policies and Extreme Isolation from the romans, he decides that if Marcommani is to become a strong, United, Orderly NATION, not tribe, it has too trade with the outside world, not just with other tribes. So Vargios orders for a Messanger to be Sent to the End of the Tribal Territory, up to where the Speermänner Guardians are, and request to see their Chief, As his King Wishes to make Realtions with the Speermänners (Mod response NEEDED). We continue interaction and trade with the Vistulans.
- The Senate affirms to extend the Pax Romana by sending literature and technology to Romanize the Marcomanni -Mod
- Bishop of Byzantium: With the end of the persecution, Bishop Policarpus of Byzantium begins to organize his diocese and to encourage the practices of charity and the conversion of new Christians. He writes for the bishops of Antioch, Rome, Jerusalem, and Alexandria. In the letters he writes that the churches need to use this moment of relative peace to unite as one Holy Universal Church.
- Kush: With the rising hegemony of Axum, the leader of Kush (god knows who he is) is killed a replaced by his military mucho man dude "Khani". Khani then allows the rising hegemony to take control as long as he is able to control the army. After much debating (in the new" "the council of tribes" allows him to keep control of the army, but forms the council of tribes in hopes of preventing Khani from taking power. This council is supported by the majority of people unaware of the under cover cold war among the council and Khani. The council of the tribes then all vote to annex Axum. The annexation of Axum pisses off some Axum and Kush people but nothing huge. The Council begins to expand into poor tribes in southern and western bordering regions annexing them under the Kush flag. With Christians feeling into our country we ask ROME if they would just send us them instead of killing them.
- Xiongxui: With our tibal feud sorted out, new ventures can be taken. Our army attacks the turkic tribes to the west, hoping to add the prosperouss cities on the silk road to our empire.
- Parthian Empire: (Quick note, as of this second, i do not have the results from the Invasion will change later when i get them.-Mad) Osroes is happy about the Roman peace offer, and he presents a deal of 50 years of mutual peace between Romans and Parthians, in which Parthia will let Rome use it's roads for trade purposes and Rome will let Parthia trade with it. (Mod Response) The Civil unrest in Medas is being swept up, but the Shah remains free, and Osroes offers a great reward in gold, silver, and silk to whomever person or whatever Kingdom turns him in. Many cities are improved with new granaries and stables, and many farms are improved. Osroes is considering a Tax reform move that would further unite his empire. Osroes is showing sings of old age, but he is still fit to rule as of now.
- Hadrian accepts this deal, and will hold the Parthians accountable to maintaining it, in conjuction to the earlier treaty with Parthia that ensures they will not encroach on Greater Armenia -Mod
- Vistulan People: As our people continue to prosper and the Madaluks continue to reign supreme over the culture, As the first Numerical System continues to be developed, we begin making shields for our military to be more complex and sophisticated in design such as including iron plating. With Canoes becoming more and more slower as a way of river and coastal transport, The Greater Madaluks develop a larger, sturdier, and more efficient way of transportation by boats that could carry up to 30 people and introduced the concept of multiple paddlers that stear the ships. As some Dacian Asylum Seekers and citizens who are Anti-Roman arrive, we begin to decide where we should place the population of around 800 Native Dacians at. A location in OTL Poland-Slovakia Border is established as a settlement for the Dacian People. Some 300 of our men are left there to make sure the settlement remains stable. The Madaluks make several deals with villages around the settlement for mutual respect and non-aggression. This Agreement is drawn onto slabs and tablets due to no existing writting system available. Dimitri leads a wave of cunning diplomacy across the villages to support a united union of vistulan villages and minor proto-states lead under Klaus although many wanted Dimitri to be the leader of the union due to Klaus's brutal ways of handling war. This union is named the Vistulan league which extends from OTL Prussia to the newest Madaluk Settlement in OTL Poland-Slovakia. Tools continue to be replaced from Bronze to Iron. Our culture and ethnic lands expand further into OTL Lithuania and Poland. Kusk decides to use it's semi-autonomous leadership to join the League pushing unity further between the villages. A large house of meetings is Created in the center Madaluk for meetings between villages.
- Dacia: Burebista II begins rebuilding destroyed lands during the Dacian Wars and begins building trade outposts on roads towards the Apollodorus Bridge. We trade with Vistulan and Bosphorian traders, but we refuse to give up the native religion or allow Christianity to enter the country. As such, any Christian entering the country will be killed. Gebeleizis is honoured upon by his duonymics, one for the sky and one for the earth, and Burebista tries to introduce a more codified religion of the Dacians.
Apologies for the late turn. Don't ask why.
Emperor Hadrian extends policies to protect Rome's borders, primarily by strengthening the people living there. The Panhellenian league is established between Greek city-states within the Empire, and Hadrian's Wall in Britian is completed. At the same time, the Satires of Juvenel point out the moral failures within the core of Rome, prompting many bakeries to begin donating bread to the poor. Fossiles of dinosaurs begin to be found in Dalmatia, believed to be Dragons.
Hadrian proclaims that, to deter future persecution, Christians will not be executed without proper trial. Among the Christian churches, some books not included within the canon of Xystus or Judas begin circulating, including: the Teaching of the Twelve Apostles, the Epistle of Barnabas, the Shephard of Hermas, the First and Second Epistles of Clement, and the Gospel of Bartholomew.
A strange new form of plague sweeps across North Africa, primarily in Numidia (OTL Morocco). This causes economic trouble across Egypt and East Africa. The Third Legion is stationed in Numidia to prevent disorder.
The Satavahanas Dynasty of India crushes the Indo-Skythians in battle, and thus dominates the subcontinent from one coast to the other.
The Han Dynasty goes through a brief civil war in 125 AD, as the male courtiers rescues the young Emperor from influence by the Dowager Empress. Meanwhile, the engineer Zheng Heng invents a form of hydrolic power.
Indigenous Christian communities appear in both Axum and Bosporus.
- Marcomanni: We Accept the Technilogy and Weslthfare of the Speermänners, but would like to Keep our own traditions. We continue our reforms, with more training for the army, we place our own guards at the border with the speermänners. We Start making a new education system, it's not much but it's a start!
- I'm pretty sure you would be better off to take Roman culture and technology. It's not like a "Germanic" culture exists at this time -Mod
- Zapotecs: Zyanya has recently grown into a real man of the Nahuatl society, through ruthlessness and perseverance, he was able to turn the civilization of the Zapotecs into a prosperous society. With the internal problems of our civilization solved, we turn into solving our external ones. Although a foreign concept to many of us, Zyanya proposed sending a messager of sorts to the Hueves of Mesoamerica. And under his command we did. A messenger was sent to the Hueves, although our communication and dialects are vastly different, we did manage to get our message across. Become a tributary state, or fall against the might of the Zapotecs (Mod Response needed).
- The Hueves, a peaceful pastural people, refuse to be a tributary state and rather fight -Mod
- Funan: We stay clear of the civil strife in the Han Dynasty, and provide shelter for refugees coming south. With no intention of getting involved, we temporarily cut trade with them until they stabilize. We look favorably towards southern expansion, especially since rumors of precious metal can be found in the peninsula south of us. Infrastructure is further developed, and more stone temples are created to honor the gods. Our silver currency is now in widespread circulation, and is a beneficial alternative to bartering.
- Vistulan People:As the culture of the German-Slavic Unity grows, Our culture continues to be excepted. Kusk grows and becomes the second largest power in the region behind Madaluk which controls the state. Mudulak's settlement at the end of the Vistula River grows in population as it continues to except new asylum seekers. In the meantime, Eizellen is established as a member state of the Vistulan League. Feeling as though we would not succeed if we isolate ourselves from the Feathered Reds, we decide that it'd be best if we were to trade with them in order to grow mutual respect for one another and benefit each other. Dimitri is sent over with 18 men to work on diplomacy with the Romans (MOD RESPONSE). Roads continue to be developed and housing becomes more common. Irrigation continues to become mastered in multiple villages across the league and the outside existing villages. Wooden Plows become more of a common necessity. A wall is built around Kusk known as the fortress of Galas Road as the fortress surround the road that enters the state. A small coastal community in OTL Lithuania flourishes named Litaue. A unified Vistulan League military begins to be developed. Baruka the fair gives birth to Klaus's second son. 36 villages and surrounding communities join the Vistulan League.
- Rome will accept tribute from "Vistulia" and in return sends spices and gold
- Bishop of Byzantium: Policarpus, after becoming aware that the bishop of Jerusalem now calls himself patriarch, decides to adopt this title too, since as bishop of Byzantium he is the successor of Andrew the Apostle, brother of Peter.The biblical canon approved by the now Patriarch of Jerusalem is analyzed and also approved as the true word of God and its use is liberated in the celebrations of the Church of Byzantium, but to the Church be unite all teachings must be equal and for this a general council among the five major churches needs to be done. After learning of the appearance of Christians in Bosphorus, the patriarch Polycarpus sends preachers to try to bring these people closer to the Church of Byzantium (Mod Response needed) and with these preachers he sends a message to the King of Bosphorus, asking if these Christians could have freedom of worship (Player Response needed).
- The player of Bosporus will make decisions of both Christians and non Christians in his nation -Mod
- Patriarch of Jerusalem: Seeing that the church's won't unite, we officially break off in to the legitimate Judean Orthodox Church, we make jerusalem our HQ while yerevan is our second HQ, we make a hymn book to sing two we start to build churches and we spread our gospel in the levant and judea, Karmel the Blonde keeps spreading the gospels north towards OTL sochi and OTL Sevastopol,there he starts to build churches. we request Bishop of Byzantium to protect proxy bishop Jude and Nathanael (Bishop of Byzantium response needed).
- Bishopric of Rome: Bishop Xystus, while singing praises to both Rome and God, passes from Earthly life into the life of Heaven, and Telesphorus succeeds him as Bishop. Telesphorus is thankful for the mercy of Hadrian, however his thankfulness is more reserved than Xystus, who was considered as a hardline Pro-Roman by many, Telesphorus is more quiet and reserved, setting out to do God's work instead of actively praising Rome. "We must not forget that God has created all things and has given us life, thus we must honor God with our lives by being the best people we can, showing love to all." Meanwhile, the canon is further worked on.
- Parthian Empire: With the war with the Kushans over, Osroes can focus on internal affairs. He reforms the tax system so tax will be collected by the empire rather than the sub-kingdoms. He also improves the military, pushing for better equipped soldiers and more men, with about 10,000 added in these years. By 128, seeing that he is old and may die soon, and Parthamaspates still missing (now presumed to have died during the chaos in Medes) Osroes recruits his younger son, Mithridates the Fourth, as his heir. In October of 128 AD, Arsaces the Fortieth, King of Kings and Ruler of Parthia, dies of old age, and Mithridates is rechristened as Arsaces the Forty-Firsts. Osroes leaves behind a stronger, more centralized empire than the days of only two decades ago. Mithridates is faced with the task of honoring that legacy.
Emperor Hadrian continues to administrate the Empire, constructing various monumental Arches both in Italy and Asia Minor. A law is passed to not execute slaves without trial. At the same time, the Praetor's edict makes it such that the Senate's decrees can only confirm the Imperial Orders.
In Egypt, Claudius Ptolemy has the height of his career as a historian and astronomer.
Hadrian has more strict policies towards the Jews, constructing the Capitolina Temple in Jerusalem. Circumcision is forbidden across the empire, as well as public reading of the Torah. At the same time, a temple to Baal is constructed in Syria. In reaction to this, the charismatic figure Simon Bar Kokhba begins gathering strength to launch a new Jewish revolt on a scale to dwarfth that of the Kitos War.
A well-educated scholar named Valentinus preaches in Alexandria that Jesus passed down secret knowledge about the universe, including the concept that the universe is run by dualistic Gods. He proves to be extremely popular, especially as he promotes new scripture such as the Gospel of Thomas and the Gospel of Philip. In 134 AD, he visits Rome with the expectation to be elected a Bishop.
The Alani tribe from modern-day Russia attacks the Bosporus Kingdom.
The Skythian Kingdom manages to retake the coast from the Satavahanas Dynasty, causing the decline of that state.
In China, Zheng Heng creates the world's first seismometer.
- Zapotec: Outraged by the reply of the Hueves, Zyanya officially declares a state of war between the Zapotecs and the Hueves. Warriors and hunters are gathered up in Monte Alba to be trained and led by Zyanya before marching into the lands of the Hueves.
- Funan: Explorers in the lands south of us, known as the Malayan Peninsula, return with news of metal being found there. As we seek to maintain our position as the most powerful nation in Southeast Asia, we prepare for expansion to these metal rich lands to prevent another claiming this resource. The capital expands, with more temples being built as to maintain the nation's beliefs in our great gods. Grains are cultivated in farmlands and fields along the Mekong River, while a port city is under construction at the Mekong Delta. We develop a rudimentary language mainly based off Chinese, but much simpler. A primitive alphabet is also being developed as to unite the population linguistically.
- Patriarch of Jerusalem: see what Simon Bar Kokhba is doing, we called a meeting to fund this revolt without the romans knowing, we keep expelling demons from people and we keep teaching OTL all the old Eastern Orthodox Christian teachings, when the revolt is done,Nathanael the Fair will return to his homeland leaving his son Peter to lead the yerevan Judean Orthodox Church, Karmel the Blonde keeps spreading the gospels north towards OTL sochi and OTL Sevastopol build churches and we spreading our gospel and bulid chruches in the levant and judea, ,there he starts to build churches his flock spreads to OTL Odessa,
- Bishopric of Rome: The entrance of Valentinus into Rome rocks the foundation of the Church of Rome and the City of Rome as Valentinus goes from street to street, market to market spreading his message and it spreads like Nero's great fire, drawing in massive crowds of Romans. In Rome, Valentinus proclaims "The Universe, much like the human spirit and soul, is divided into two, one Good Supreme Being and one Evil Supreme Being, this duality rules the Universe by both running it and creating it. This duality is only one secret truth revealed by Jesus, and many more truths can be discovered by you through careful searching and seeking." The Church of Rome is concerned by Valentinus teachings, and he is referred to as "the Alexandrian" by church leaders The Alexandrian's followers are divided into two groups, the first the Dualists, who are concerned with the Dualistic nature of the Universe, and second the Gnostics, who are concerned with the uncovering the "hidden knowledge" of Jesus. Initially, there's fierce retaliation against the Alexandrian's heresy against both Roman theology and the developing Roman canon, with hatred sewing and erupting in men's hearts. Most call for the Alexandrian's immediate expulsion from Rome, while some extremists call for him to be stoned to death, declaring he is a threat to the eternal fate of all. Hearing of this burning hatred for the Alexandrian, Bishop Telesphorus is deeply disturbed and proclaims, "Do not let hatred consume your hearts, for Jesus has taught us to love your enemies. We shall not bring Valentinus to death, but through our grace we shall let him live, as God has let us all live through His grace. We shall not expel him from Rome either, but we shall let him stay in Rome, welcoming him with open arms. For this is how God loves, He lets us live when we deserve death, and He lets us into His kingdom when we deserve to be casted out, separated from Him forever. Do not fear Valentinus, instead confront him, and engage directly with him on the nature of God and the knowledge Jesus brings. I myself shall also debate Valentinus in the public forum on God's nature and Jesus' knowledge." The Bishop fufills his promise, and debates between Telesphorus and Valentinus ensue, engulfing all of Rome.
- Kush: With the rising hegemony of Axum, the leader of Kush (god knows who he is) is killed a replaced by his military mucho man dude "Khani". Khani then allows the rising hegemony to take control as long as he is able to control the army. After much debating (in the new" "the council of tribes" allows him to keep control of the army, but forms the council of tribes in hopes of preventing Khani from taking power. This council is supported by the majority of people unaware of the under cover cold war among the council and Khani. The council of the tribes then all vote to annex Axum. The annexation of Axum pisses off some Axum and Kush people but nothing huge. The Council begins to expand into poor tribes in southern and western bordering regions annexing them under the Kush flag toward the red sea. Trade is conduct with Southern African tribes to Egypt.
- Vistulan People: As we continue to expand our reaches, the league decides to accept new members into their states causing the formation of many confederations with only Madaluk being the only fully centralised state. Dimitri decides to stay in rome and meet up with the emperor in Rome to become a sort of apprentice like figure to him. During this, he begins to learn how roman society works and even begins to learn latin. He also begins speaking with a roman daughter from one of the members of roman nobility. He becomes fond of roman society and watches how the romans develop their military and how they fight in war. He plans to stay here for about 8 more years. Meanwhile back in Madaluk, Klaus's health is deteriorating. With this, his son takes charge of the Madaluks and decides to expand westward. some minor villages feeling divided between feeling safe around the league and not start to bicker on what to do because of so much competition. Some begin to migrate deeper into OTL Belarus making new settlements while others tread on behind them. A yearly meeting is held in Madaluk to discuss future relations and goals for the league.
Late turn due to gathering enough posts. Madman is allowed to post in the last turn tho.
Pro tip: Don't have anything to post? Write about the day-to-day developments in your nation: infrastructure, economy, military, religion. There's always something that can be advanced/improved, even if you aren't very specific. Remember the best nations are built on patience. Just a little bit each turn goes a long way.
Simon Bar Kokhba launches his great revolt against Rome, taking an immense scale of Jewish and Judean authorities across Roman Palestine. Initally, the Roman forces stationed in the region are expulsed or stalemated, and as a result Bar Kokhba proclaimes the re-establishment of the Kingdom of Judea. In this new Jewish state, Bar Kokhba is hailed as the long-awaited Messiah of the Tanakh, and the Hebrew Calendar is reformed to point to 135 AD as the re-establishment of Israel. Hadrian meanwhile dispatches the full force of several legions to crush the revolt. In order to gain the most support, the Jewish leaders threaten to execute anyone who doesn't acknowledge Bar Kokhba as the Messiah.
Meanwhile, the Senator Tiberias Atinas leads his own military campaign into modern-day Belgium, in order to annex the Suebi tribes.
Caravan trade continues to send goods between Roman Palmyra and Persian Ctesiphon.
Valentinius continues to push his beliefs where he goes. In spite of debating with Telesphorus, he has a fairly minor following in Rome, but a much more substantial popularity in Egypt and the far east. He condemns the canon of Xystus as uninspired, and instead pushes his new books which now includes the Gospel of Truth and the Revelation of James. After Telesphorus dies, Valentinius campaigns for the next title.
Zapotecs: After the victory against the Hueves, Zyanya and his remaining men traveled back to Monte Alba to heal and to tell the people of their great victory. Although the Hueves had the greater numbers, Zyanya's leadership skills and strategic value leads his men to victory against all odds. With patience and time, Zyanya and his men were able to beat the standing defenders of the Hueves, Zyanya's army proceeded to raid and pillage the pastural people's homeland. After the bloody massacre, Zyanya met up with representatives of the Hueves to discuss a possible means to end the war. (Player/Mod response needed).
Patriarch of Jerusalem: we tell Simon Bar Kokhba to stop saying he is the messiah or we stop supporting them but we do support a new kingdom of Judea, Peter converts a small royal in armenia this hoping to get power in armenia, we publicly condemned Valentinus for his beliefs and if he ever comes easy he will executed,Karmel the Blonde keeps spreading the gospels north towards OTL sochi and OTL Sevastopol,there he starts to build churches his flock spreads to OTL Odessa, His brother Obediah the red rides west to find the Vistulan People who speaks the gospel to we hope to make them part of church, we tell all the christians to flee Axum