Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Acts of Union of 1434, formally known as the Acts on the Union of the Crown Union of the Kingdoms of Aragon, Majorca, Valencia, Sicily, Sardinia and Counties of Barcelona and Malta; and the Crown Union of the Kingdoms of Castile, Léon, Granada and Morocco; and of the Formation of the United Kingdoms of Great Iberia is a pair of legislative Acts passed by the governments of Aragon and Castile to formally declare a merger between the two Crowns and the creation of a Personal Union under the successors of then-monarchs Alfonso V of Aragon and Henry IV of Castile. The two Acts are identical, and were passed simultaneously on 3 April 1434.
For ease of reference, henceforth:
- This document may be cited by its full name or as the Act of Union, 1434;
- The Crown Union of the Kingdoms of Aragon, Majorca, Valencia, Sicily, Sardinia and Counties of Barcelona and Malta shall be referred to as the Crown of Aragon;
- The Crown Union of the Kingdoms of Castile, Léon, Granada and Morocco shall be referred to as the Crown of Castile;
- The Governments of the Crowns of Aragon and Castile shall be collectively referred to as the Signatories.
Article I: Succession
- Be it hereby confirmed by the Signatories that their successors, HRH Sancho, Crown Prince of Castile, and HRH Arianne, Crown Princess of Aragon, Countess of Malta, shall be definitively placed first on the Line of Succession to the Throne of both Crown Unions.
- Be it also confirmed that these successors shall be wed, and that henceforth both Crown Unions shall be united under these two monarchs and their descendants.
Article II: The Crowns United, The Ensigns Armorial
- Be it known that the two Crown Unions of Aragon and Castile shall upon the succession of HRH Crown Prince Sancho of Castile and HRH Crown Princess Arianne of Aragon and forever after be united into one Union by the name of Great Iberia, and that the Ensigns Armorial of said Union be such as Their Royal Highnesses shall appoint and the Banners of Aragon and Castile be conjoined in such manner as Their Royal Highnesses shall think fit and used in all Flags, Banners, Standards and Ensigns both at Sea and Land.
Article III: Royal Councils
- The Royal Councils of both Crown Unions shall remain operative, and will continue to advise the Sovereigns on Matters pertaining to either Crown Union. Upon the accession of the first Monarch of All Iberia, however, The Royal Councils shall be merged into a singular Council, which shall be styled the Royal Council of Great Iberia.
- Be it known that all the Subjects of the United Kingdoms of Great Iberia shall from and after the Union have full freedom and Intercourse of Trade and Navigation to and from any port or place within said United Kingdom and the Dominions and Plantations thereunto belonging, and that there be a Communication of all other Rights, Privileges and Advantages which do or may belong to the Subjects of either Kingdom except where it is otherwise expressly agreed in these Articles.
Article V: Treaty of Alliance
- Be it confirmed that the Treaty of Alliance between the Crown Unions shall remain in force for the remainder of the reigns of HM Alfonso V of Aragon and HM Henry IV of Castile.
- Be it also known that upon the accession of both Successors, the Treaty of Alliance shall be voided, and all terms as agreed upon in the Treaty of Alliance shall be superseded by those in this Act of Union.
Article VI: Miscellaneous
- These Articles shall be translated into the languages of Castilian, Aragonese and Latin, and shall be stored in the Royal Libraries in Zarazoga and Toledo.
- Any amendments or revisions of these Acts of Union may be made with the consent of the Monarchs, their successors and the Royal Council(s).
- His Majesty Alfonso the Fifth, by the Grace of God, of the Kingdoms of Aragon, Majorca, Valencia, Sicily and Sardinia, King; of the County of Barcelona, Count; Defender of the Faith — T I M (TSW • AH •t MGW • Contribs)
- His Majesty Henry the Fourth, by the Grace of God, of the Kingdoms of Castile, Léon, Granada and Morocco, King; Defender of the Faith — #BRINGBACK THESQUIRREL
Signed this Third Day of the Month of April, in the Year of Our Lord One Thousand, Four Hundred and Thirty-Four.