We must recognize the chief characteristic of the modern era--a permanent state of what I call violent peace.
This is a collaborative timeline. Any help or suggestions, with my consent, is greatly appreciated.
For world events prior to The Observer's founding in 1792, see The Archive.
- The Archive-Database of global headlines since The Observer's foundry until today.
- Country Profiles-Profiles of existing nations and self-governing states in the present.
- Former Sovereign States-A database detailing failed nation-states.
- Supranational Organizations-Profiles of the world's leading supranational unions and IGOs.
- Science and Technology -Breakthroughs and general development regarding science and technology.
- Politics-Background into international relations, governmental systems, ideologies, and parties.
- Economics-Background into various monetary aspects of this timeline.
- Geography-Database for all ATL geographic terms and references in this Timeline.
- Exploration-Topics relating to humanity's ever growing curiosity of 'what's out there.'
- Culture-The development of world culture, both popular and not-so-much.
- Education-The development of education, systems and alternative means of learning.
- People-A Who's Who in this Timeline.
- Conflict-Topics relating to warfare and international disputes.