Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The 9th century is the period from 801 to 900 in accordance with the Julian calendar in the Common Era.
- An unknown event causes the decline of the Maya civilization.
- Large-scale Viking attacks on Europe begin, killing countless numbers of people.
- The Magyars begin their conquest of Pannonia (roughly modern day Hungary), a process that will take several decades to be completed.
- In Italy, some cities became free republics.
- 802: Jayavarman II of the Khmer people in Cambodia founds the Khmer Empire and establishes the Angkorian dynasty.
- 803: Construction on the Leshan Giant Buddha in Tang Dynasty China is complete, after 90 years of rock-carving on a massive cliff-side.
- 805 - 820: Tang Dynasty was under the rule of Emperor Xianzong of Tang.