Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| The following Carpe Diem article is obsolete.
This article is no longer part of the Carpe Diem timeline. This page has not been deleted from this website for sentimental and reference purposes. You are welcome to comment on the talk page.
A detailed timeline chronicling the 20th century in Carpe Diem.
- September 6: President William McKinley is shot by anarchist Leon Czolgosz while attending the Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo, New York.
- September 14: President McKinley dies when his wounds become gangrenous. Vice-President Theodore Roosevelt is sworn in as the next President.
- August 13: The Union between Sweden and Norway officially dissolves. In its place is an independent Norway and Sweden
- November 7: Supreme Court Justice Charles Evans Hughes defeats Thomas R. Marshall to become the next President of the United States.
- November 2: President Hughes is reelected President of the United States.
- May 5: The Second Italo-Ethiopian War ends, the Second Treaty of Addis Ababa is signed forcing Italy to cede Italian Eritrea to Ethiopia.
- November 5: Nelson Rockefeller defeats Vice President Hubert Humphrey to become the next President of the United States.
- March 27: The Treaty of Ramciel is signed between Ethiopia, South Sudan and Sudan. The treaty forces Sudan to recognize the independence of South Sudan.
- November 7: President Rockefeller is reelected President of the United States.
- September 5: President Rockefeller is shot in Sacramento, California. He is rushed to Mercy General Hospital where he dies half an hour later. Vice-President Donald Rumsfeld is sworn in as President.
- November 2: Jimmy Carter defeats President Rumsfeld to become the next President of the United States.
- November 18: U.S. Congressman Leo Ryan is killed on an airstrip in Port Kaituma in the Guyana Province of the West Indies.
- March 15: As part of Glasnost and Perestroika, the Office of President of the Soviet Union is established with Mikhail Gorbachev being elected by the Congress of People's Deputies.
- August 20: The Soviet Republics of Kazakhstan, Russia and Uzbekistan sign the New Union Treaty.
- December 25: In a television broadcast to the nation, President Mikhail Gorbachev declares the end of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics.
- March 4: The first presidential elections are held in the Soviet Union. Alexander Yakovlev is elected President of the Soviet Union.
- June 16: Moldovan troops withdraw from Gaugazia and Transnistria, ending the Transnistria War.
- August 14: Georgian troops are deployed into the break-away republics of Abkhazia and South Ossetia. President Yakovlev orders Soviet troops into the two republics, the Soviet-Georgia War begins.
- November 28: After holding a referendum, a majority of Norwegians vote in favor of joining the European Union.
- March 6: President Yakovlev is reelected President of the Soviet Union.
- December 13: Following a status referendum, an overwhelming majority of Puerto Ricans vote for statehood.
- July 4: Simultaneous protests take place across U.S. territories, demanding similar status referendums like the one in Puerto Rico.
- November 7: Vice-President Al Gore defeats George W. Bush to become the next President of the United States
| Preceded by:|
|Timeline of 20th century history|
| Succeeded by:|