Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Americas and Australasia
- The final Westralian rebels are put down in Australia.
- Texas attacks the US, attempting to seize Oklahoma. They are quickly pushed back, however.
- The former states of Dixieland are admitted as US states.
- Uruguay is unvassalized by Argentina, setting it free at last.
- The Mongolian rebels finally succeed, as Russia allows them to be free.
- West Kazakhstan and East Kazakhstan finally reunite.
- Turkmenistan peacefully withdraws from the Central Asian Union, while the Afghans are fighting it out violently.
- Freedom fighters in Belorussia are close to freedom, and seeing the Mongolians being free only makes them fight harder.
- Finland joins the EU.
- The Republic of Czechoslovakia peacefully divides into the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- The remnants of the Balkan People's Association are surrounded by republican forces.
- Darfur continues on its defensive against Sudan, after Sudan attacked them a few years before. Little did they know they would soon become vassalized by them.
- Mali is still recovering from losing Nigeria and Niger, along with other West African nations.
- Tension grows along the Oklahoma-Texas border as many believe that Texas' current leadership is willing to risk war to take Oklahoma.
- Talks begin in Washington DC to admit the former Dixieland states into the Union after many years of being under occupation and being divided up into military districts.
- Argentina begins talks to unvassalize Uruguay and Paraguay.
- Belorussian forces begin gaining ground and pushing the Russians back.
- The Balkan People's Association begins being pushed back by Republican forces.
- Talks have come to a conclusion as Czechoslovakia will be split by 2009.
- Sudan begins the Sudan-Darfur war as both sides fronts are shifted back and forth throughout the year.
Asia and Australia
- The Western Australian rebels continue to get driven back by the current Australian government.
- Mongolian Rebels continue fighting Russian forces to gain independence.
- Turkmenistan begins talks of leaving the Central Asian Union. However, Afghanistan breaks away and begins a violent revolution. The United States sends aide to the Afghans with soldiers.
- Laos celebrates its first year of independence after winning it from the Siam Empire with the aid from Vietnam and Cambodia.
OK. I'm so sorry. But if you want further explanation, come to AltHist chat. ~Eric4e
Darn it Eric, I was almost done.
It's okay Eric, just be sure to read up on the rules next time.
Atlanta, the former capital of Dixieland, sees a massive demonstration by pro-US activists, who demand that the USA government start admitting states from Dixieland. If their demands are met, then this would be the first time Dixieland has been apart of the USA since the War of Dixieland Independence.
Oh, sorry. Go ahead.
- Civil war breaks out in Cuba between the Communist government and a far-right nationalist group known as the Nationalist Cuban Front, which follows Rhodesist ideology. This is the first time that a Neo-Rhodesist group has gained the strength to challenge any world government in such a way. A debate erupts in the US congress on what action should be taken to deal with the war in Cuba. Several Celtic-American senators demand that US forces be committed in a full scale military invasion to combat the Nationalists, while others advocate neutrality. In the end, America ends it embargo against Cuba.
Australia and Oceanic
- Westralian rebels are beaten in a massive offensive that pushes them back farther.
- New Zealand is reunified, with representatives from the southern and northern islands finishing negotiations.
- Laos gains independence from the Siam Empire. Vietnam and Cambodia are the first to recognise it.
- Islamic terrorists in Afghanistan bomb Kabul. They demand the Central Asian Union give them independence.
- Mongolian freedom fighters continue to fight Russia.
- Republican forces begin making gains against the Balkan People's Association.
- Belorussia sees heavy fighting in Minsk.
- Talks begin concerning the future of Czechoslovakia.
- Tensions are building between Darfur and Sudan.
Americas and Australasia
- Rebels lose more ground in Westralia.
- Talks of Maori State and New Zealand unification begin.
- South and North Venezuela finally re-unite, along with Colombia and South Colombia.
- After Carolina is taken down in the US, the other nations of the Dixieland Confederation agree to be assimilated into the States.
- Scared for their people, the President of Cascadia agrees to join the US, after extensive talks. They give their Vancouver province to Canada, and their three Lower California provinces to Mexico.
- More former countries in the west are made into states.
- Manchuria is having a hard time assimilating into China.
- More fighting in Siam, as Cambodia and Vietnam invade, trying to get them to free Laos.
- Saudi Arabia, which was a survivor state of Arabia, loses the UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, and Kuwait.
- Poland finally joins the EU.
- Ukrainian nationalists manage to push Russia back farther.
- The West African Kingdom crumbles, dissolving into many survivor states.
- The United States continues to push into the Dixieland nations of Arkansas, Georgia and Carolina.
- Cascadia continues to affirm neutrality in the US-Dixieland war.
- Talks between both North and South Venezuela end, they agree to reunite after many years of being separated.
- President Peter Johnson completes his first full year as president under the Republican-National Party after defeating incumbent Democratic President Charles Switzer.
- Bulgaria is made a member of the European Union after many years of being a subdivision of the Balkan People's Association.
- Ukrainian forces continue to push back Russian forces in their quest for independence.
- Current Head of State for the Balkan People's Association, Vassilis Marinos, orders dispersal of protestors in Athens. In the process a violent riot breaks out, over 200 people are killed in the fighting and over 600 are wounded, planting the seeds for further animosity between the people and their government.
Asia and Australia
- West Australian rebels finally begin to start losing ground after years of being able to hold back the Australian military.
- Vietnam and Cambodian forces begin making substantial gains against the Siam Empire after spreading out the Empire's front lines.
- After years of conflict Portugal finally puts down the rebellions in Portuguese Central Africa.
- The United States begin pushing into Carolina, Arkansas and Georgia.
- The Republic of Texas has an internal divide as it is unsure whether or not to aid Arkansas. Eventually they decide not to
- North and South Venezuela, after being persuaded by Brazil, begin talks about possible unification. South Venezuela is skeptical, while North Venezuela supports the idea.
- Cascadia announces their neutrality in the US-Dixie War.
- The Ukrainian people continue to rise, and they now control most of Northwest Ukraine. While they struggled in the first year, they are succeeding this year.
- Revolts against the Balkan's People Association in Sofia, where the protesters wish to join the EU. The EU states they would welcome Bulgaria.
- Kosovo gains enough recognition to become an official country.
Asia and Australia
- The Second Korean Civil War ends, with the unified Korea being divided again, with the North as a Chinese puppet.
- Siam fails to successfully defeat the Vietnamese and Cambodians. The war continues.
- Israel invades the West Bank and successfully captures it after three weeks. It is annexed.
- People begin protesting in Sydney after the Australian failure to beat the West Australian forces.
- Yemeni talks are successful and North Yemen and South Yemen unite.
Australia is not part of Asia.
- The Moroccan army slaughters Sahrawi nationalists who want independence. The international community is shocked.
- The United States declares war on Carolina, Arkansas and Georgia and invades them.
After the South Venezuelan revolution, the Communist government falls in South Venezuela.
Due to the similar culture between Belarus and Russia plus a massive amount of Russians living in Belarus, the Republic of Belarus officially joins the Russian Federation and becomes an oblast of Russia
- Too implausible
- Romania joins the EU.
- Ukrainian rebels begin pushing back the Russians from Ukraine,
while the Budjak region is ceded to Ukraine by the Moldovan government.
Asia and Australia
After one year of fighting, Mongolia surrenders and becomes an oblast of Russia
- Too implausible
- Australia declares war on West Australia to unite its island.
Due to the Siamese aggression and annexation of Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia declares war on Siam.
- A rebellion occurs in Portuguese Central Africa, demanding independence from Portugal.
Eric, there are a few things wrong here. One: Australia. Two: Other stuff you are seeing. Someone needs to do something here.
I can make some implausible turns if Tech doesn't make a map for his claimed 2004 turn.
Eric, no you can't. It is not a valid argument to make implausible turns just because Tech couldn't post a map. You are not allowed to participate in this map game for five days but I will give you a second chance after that. Upvoteanthology (Talk | Sandbox)
- Further border spats between Dixieland and the US bring the countries close to war, with neither side willing to accept responsibility.
- Peruvian Civil War ends in the union of North and South Peru.
- In what may be the biggest event of the year, The People's Union of Russia collapses. Poland, Central Asia, and other states gain their independence and Vladimir Putin leads the newly formed Russian Federation.
- Italy Joins the EU.
- Liberia and Cote D'Ivoire gain independence from the Songhai Empire, which reforms itself into the West African Kingdom.
- The Sudanese civil war ends in the division between Sudan and South Sudan.
Asia and Australia
- Indochina War begins.
- East Pakistan gains Independence as Bangladesh.
- China almost falls into war twice this year due to border discrepancies between themselves and Russia's Mongol Puppet.
- Tensions between Australia and West Australia grow.
- After years of ethnic divide and turmoil, the Saudi-Dominated Arab Union collapses in the Ten-Day War, which is seen as a continuation of the Arabic Civil War fought between the League of Secessionists and Saudi Arabia.
- Canada celebrates the tenth anniversary of its reunification. As part of the celebrations, Flash-and-circles are publicly burned.
- A border incident between American citizens who are arrested by Carolinian border patrol on charges of smuggling drugs becomes the focal point of tensions on the North American continent when it is discovered the the Carolinian border patrol are actively anti-US. Many in the US believe that the drug smuggling is false, and was used as an excuse to arrest the Americans.
- The People's Union of Russia is defeated in the Winter War by Finland, mainly due to poor leadership by the Russians, bad weather and fierce resistance by the Finns. This victory stuns the world and causes massive unrest across the PUR. Many begin demanding reform.
- Yugoslavia splits into Serbia and Croatia.
- The Republic of Alsace-Lorraine joins France.
- Spain joins the EU.
- France gives Algeria independence.
- Ethiopia is finally driven out of Somalia. With the common enemy defeated, unrest begins to grow in the region once more.
- Morocco conquers Western Sahara.
- Boko Haram is defeated by the Nigerian Government, ending its reign of terror in West Africa.
- The Arabian Civil War ends.
- China annexes Manchuria.
- Iran defeats Pakistan in the Iran-Pakistan War. This victory also surprises the world, as Pakistan was one of Russia's closest allies.
- Russia gives Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan independence. Some regions of Georgia still remain under de facto Russian control.
Australia and Oceania
- Westralia declares independence from Australia.
- Indonesian forces are forced out of Papua New Guinea. This is another very significant victory to occur this year, as Indonesia was a close ally of Russia. Following its surprising defeat, Indonesia gives Borneo and Singapore independence. Many begin to speculate that the end may be near for Russia.
Americas and Australia
- The nation of Arizona joins the US, after facing potential war with Mexico.
- The Commonwealth of Ecuador and North Peru splits.
- Sweden joins the EU.
- Italy frees their Libyan territories, dividing it up into Libya and Tunisia.