Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| The following page is under construction.
Please do not edit or alter this article in any way while this template is active. All unauthorized edits may be reverted on the admin's discretion. Propose any changes to the talk page.
The period of 1910 - 1919 marked the initiation of a new era, new ideologies, and the rise of several prominent people. One ideology would stand out particularly: Communism. Lead by the revolutionary, Lenin, Communism would spread like a wildfire in Russia, Germany, Finland, and later many more countries; This would later cause dismay of several world leaders and politicians. This wildfire would be sparked by the suffering and disaster of World War One, eventually sparking Communist Rebellions in Russia and Germany.
- 2 April - The United States of America declares war on Germany after intercepting the Zimmerman telegraph.
- 14 September - Russia is declared a republic, Nicholas II abdicates.
- 8 October - The October revolution overthrows the democratic government, with Vladimir Lenin becoming the Premier of Russia. However the government remnants reorganise into the white movement beginning the Russian Civil war.
- 6 December - Finland declares independence from the Russians.
- 4 January - Finland's independence is recognised by the Russian SFSR.
- 25 January - The Ukraine People's Republic declares independence from the Russian SFSR.
- 27 January - The Finnish Civil war begins between Communist groups (supported by the Russian SFSR) and the democratic government.
- 16 February - Lithuania declares independence from the Russian SFSR.
- 24 February - Estonia Declares independence from the Russian SFSR.
- 24 February - Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia Declare independence from the Russian SFSR .
- 3 March - The Central Powerss and Russia sign the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk, ending Russian involvement in the first world war.
- 21 March - Germany launches its spring offensives, attempting to make a breakthrough.
- 25 March - Belarusian People's Republic declares independence from the Russian SFSR.
- 11 May - Mountainous Republic of the Northern Caucasus declares independence.
- 15 May - The Finnish Civil war ends with the democratic government suppressing the last Communist revolts.
- 18 June - the Russian royal family are executed by order of the Bolshevik government.
- 18 June- The spring German offensive ends in failure, with German forces unable to capture Paris at the cost of hundreds of thousands of men. Desertion is rife in the German army.
- 8 August - The Hundred Day Offensive begins, marking the end of German's occupation of France territory and leading to the remnants of the German Army to fall back to the Hindenburg line.
- 20 September - Following British and allied offensives, Ottoman Front line collapses into disarray.
- 29 September - Allied forces break through the Hindenburg line causing the collapse of German defences on the western front.
- 28 October - Czechoslovakia declares independence.
- 30 October - the Armistice of Mudros is signed, bring to end to conflicts between the Allied Powers and the Ottoman Empire.
- 3 November- Kiel mutiny takes place as sailors in the Imperial German Navy refuse to combat British fleets blockading Germany, starting the German revolution.
- 7 November - The German revolution spreads to Bavaria and southern Germany, causing Ludwig III of Bavaria to flee. All major German coastal cities at this time are controlled by the revolutionaries.
- 9 November- The Weimar Republic overthrows the imperial government, forcing Emperor Wilhelm II to abdicate, however most of Germany remains in anarchy. Leftist groups take advantage of this to increase their influence.
- 11 November - The world powers sign the Armistice of 11 November 1918 bringing the first world war to a close. Germany, suffering form heavy war exhaustion and lack of resources becomes ever more unstable leading to communist groups growing in both size and influence.
- 22 November the Spartacist League founds the German Communist Party.
- 24 December- Clashes between the Volksmarinedivision ("Peoples Navy Division") and regular troops occur over unpaid wages and thefts. These clashes lead to the Volksmarinedivision aligning themselves with the Spartacus League.
- 5 January - The Spartacus League and Volksmarinedivision stage a communist uprising in Berlin, quickly gaining control of the city and forcing the German government to evacuate to Hamburg.
- 10-12 January - Freikorps attack Spartacist forces in Berlin. But are eventually forced out of the city after suffering heavy losses.
- 20 January - The Germany Socialist Republic is established in Berlin, with Karl Liebknecht becoming Premier.
- 25 January - The league of Nations is established.
- 3 February - Soviet forces invade Ukraine
- 17 February - Communist German forces capture most of Brandenburg.
- 30 March - Spartacist Revolutionaries overwhelm Weimar forces in Saxony, though fighting is extremely heavy in and around Dresden.
- 7 April - The Bavarian Soviet Republic is founded. Local Weimar garrisons are overwhelmed by revolutionaries.
- 13 April - Bavaria joins the Socialist Republic of Germany.
- 25 May- Spartacists obtain control over most of eastern and southern Germany. Troops begin to advance into Hamburg.
- 28 June - The Treaty of Versailles is signed. Ending the first world war.
- 13 June - Battle of Hamburg ends with the Weimar republic in full retreat.
- 15 June - The Weimar Republic surrenders after a communist uprising occurs in the Ruhr, however the Freikorps fight on an attempt to establish a government in Düsseldorf.
- 2 August - Ruhr communist groups join the German Socialist Republic.
- 17 June - Freikorps forces are destroyed after a crushing defeat Münster. Spartacist troops capture the rest of the region in the following days.
- 29 June - All of Germany is under Spartacist control. The Spartacist forces are reorganised into the Armed Forces of the German Socialist Republic.