In the real world, the Tunguska Event, or Tunguska explosion, was a powerful explosion that occurred near the Podkamennaya (Lower Stony) Tunguska River in what is now Krasnoyarsk Krai of Russia, at around 7:14 a.m. (0:14 UT, 7:02 a.m. local solar time) on June 30, 1908 (June 17 in the Julian calendar, in use locally at the time). Although the cause is the subject of some debate, the explosion was most likely to have been caused by the air burst of a large meteoroid or comet fragment at an altitude of 5–10 km above Earth's surface.
Impact meteor calculator from some university , take a look
Remember paste that
<div style="margin:.5ex .2em;border:thin solid red;padding:.5ex .2em;background:#ed7;font-size:120%;"> '''Back to [[1908 Event]]''', and find another places and ways to crash a meteor (or something else) in 1908 </div>
in your timeline front page
That is based on changing impact zone, power, and meteor character
- Alien Event
- On June 30 of 1908, a meteor destroys forest in cold central Siberia, but extraterrestrial life comes there, and Earth never will be the same
- London Event
- On June 30 of 1908, a meteor destroys London and kills almost all of her population. The Pope says it is a punishment of God. Europeans sack London's ruins, and land occupation starts by declaration of German Emperor Frederick Wilhelm II. In 1908-1912 a World War almost breaks out. 1908-1917 English/British diaspora. (in OTL that meteor is "Event Tunguska" in a low populated zone of Siberia Russia).
- Washington Event
- On June 30 of 1908, the White House is destroyed, President Theodore Roosevelt, Vice President Charles W. Fairbanks and closer president man William Howard Taft, Secretary of War, die; the US Capitol burns killing almost 60th United States Congress. The "Rising American Empire" faces a bigger crisis and a Republican North and Democratic South must answer to this. The world changes, America changes.
- Catholic Miracle
- A new Crusade starts because of a celestial miracle
- Instead of an isolated wilderness, the capital of Russia is hit, killing the Tsar, his family, as well as most of the government and most of the Baltic Fleet, which is stationed at Krondstadt. This jump-starts both WWI and the Russian Revolution.