Back to Europe 1430
- British colonies expand along the Columbia Gorge and into the Snake River Valley, both of which are primarily settled by Scots.
- Scandinavia begins to expand their navy, and founds a Marine Corps for both ship-to-ship fighting and amphibious operations.
- Denmark, with technical help from the Hanseatics, develop a primitive sea mine, and plan to string the Great Belt with them in case of war with anybody. Scandinavia also begins to produce them in small numbers to protect Skagens Odde from amphibious assault or bombardment.
- The Hanseatics continue to fortify the Elbe, and place several fortresses along the Weser, planning to completely fortify it later. Several small merchantmen are bought, refitted with iron plating and primitive armored turrets, and anchored it the mouths of both rivers, enabling them to take out anything short of a man-of-war coming down the river.
- Navarre begins large-scale production of various standard weapons and military equipment, hoping to become much like OTL Taiwan in terms of their economy and manufacturing skills.
- Portugal continues to place fortifications along the Inca border, while they negotiate a pact of non-aggression with France and Spain.
- North Africa colonizes and (begins to) fortify Sao Tome and Malabo.
- The British Group (mainly Britain itself) begins to supply the Hussite League in order to ensure that the Germanics don't gain power in the Mediterranean.
Shaung I of China traveled all across the Chinese Empire, learning about the conditions of his country. Shaung was appalled at how underdeveloped and under-efficient most of China was. Emperor Shaung I brought in European and Indian experts and established the Royal Privy Council, filled with these experts, for advice on how to improve China.
Scandinavia and Muscovy both establish embassies in Peking, and send many experts on health and engineering in an act of good faith.
The Hussite League forcefully annexes Serbia after Bohemian and Italian reinforcements arrive and retake the coastline. In order to ensure that nothing of the sort happens again, Hungary reforms its language and economy, as well as forcing all children to learn Hungarian, in an effort to replicate Bohemia's unity laws.
Shaung I of China, with the assistance of Scandinavian and Muscovite experts, established the Chinese School of Engineering and the Chinese School of Medicine and Health. Both schools were staffed by foreign professors. Grants for poor Chinese students to attend these schools were provided.
Several high placed ministers attempt to assassinate Shaung, because they believe he is undermining traditional Confuscian ideas. After the assassination attempt failed, they retreat to the countryside and begin to raise a rebel army.
To ensure a rebellion never happens again, Shaung the Great reformed and reorganized China's military. A new standing army was established, uniform training for all soldiers introduced, and a new discipline system set up. Shaung also introduced European military technology and strategy. He also provided pensions to all soldiers after their five-year service time was up. By the end of the year, the Chinese Army is the most powerful in East Asia. They were loyal to only Shaung the Great. Shaung then used his new army to crush the rebellious ministers.
Habsburg sends thousands of troops armed with new muskets and cannons to invade Egypt via their North African territory and also send their navy to blockade and invade the many Egyptian ports.
Emperor Shaung I reformed Chinese agriculture. All Chinese slaves were liberated and given "freedom money", all farms were reorganized, new farming technologies and techniques were introduced, and agricultural efficiency was tripled. Shaung I also reduced the power of the nobles by forcing them to hand over one-half of their estates to lower-class people and by also forcing them to pay taxes.
Habsburg encourages the other Germanic nations to also invade Egypt, this works and soon Prussia and Wurzburg begin to send troops to also invade the southern part of Egypt.
Okay, I will re-write it
Shaung I reformed the Chinese civil service. More common people were recruited to fill the ranks, and education was provided to all people over the age of six to help create a new civil service. Shaung divided China into provie (provinces), ten of them total, each led by a Governor appointed and dismissed directly by the Emperor. Shaung instated more efficient civil service qualifications. He also further reduced the power of the nobles by forcing them to serve in the military and requiring them to act as Shaung's "Personal Servants" for at least five months out of the year.
The British Group, spearheaded by the Hanseatics, together create a unified economic policy to ensure that the allied governments all remain the economic powerhouses they are. Taxes are lowered on all citizens, while the new "corporations" that are springing up everywhere among the BG have their taxes lowered as well. Due to private management and high profits, these corporations begin to dominate the economy of Europe (not just the BG corps, but corporations elsewhere). In order to encourage economic growth, Scandinavia, Denmark, and Navarre completely privatize their economies.
Brunswick and Hesse begin to expand their border fortifications.
Scandinavia begins to outsource many of their support facilities for the military, such as dump logistics and rear-end medical treatments, to loyal Scandinavian corporations. As slow communication speed prevents the rise of large corporations, most outsourced fields are dominated by competing local companies, ensuring the best product/service for the lowest price. Due to these quality-improving and cost-cutting policies, the Scandinavian logistics and rear command systems are becoming some of the best in the European world. This also frees up troops for combat, and the Scandinavian forces rival Hapsburg in numerical superiority on land, while their navy, combined with Denmark's, is shaping up to be more than a match for the Prussians.
The Anatolian Alliance joins the British Group. They realize buy joining the BG, they can increase presence in the world and increase in trade.
Baldurism makes minor inroads in Greenland and Iceland. Chapels spring up in many large European cities, with Amsterdam having a Balduristic congregation of over 3,000.
The Germanic Alliance finishes up their conquest of Egypt, the members of the alliance divide Egypt up into three equal pieces, Habsburg gets the southern third, Prussia is given the north, and Wurzburg is given the middle lands, each are given multiple ports with which they can build up their navies in.
Shaung I of China converted to Roman Catholicism. The emperor allowed the practice of any religion. He also gave women the right to hold property, hold a job, and hold and vote for public office. Shaung I also forced Chinese men to wear European clothing and hold European style-parties and balls. Shaung allowed women to attend these social balls and he also ordered every Chinese man to cut their hair. He also mandated the use of European cosmetics, jewelry, and cosmetics.edit or it be deleted
The Sassanid Empire joins the Germanic Alliance.
To keep themselves well defended against the Hussite and British Group, the governments of the European members of the Germanic Alliance all sign a document called the United Germanic Alliance Pact, the parts of the pact are divided into five councils of 3 people, three from Habsburg, Prussia, and Wurzburg. These include a council on trade and economics, one on defense and military, and one on politics, law, and one on treaties and federal documents. The pact defines an almost common economy with huge amounts of trade, a united military system with staff system, elected military chiefs and conscription of troops, and finally a common code of law to be adopted by the governments in regards on mainly federal level crimes.
Shaung I of China cut further on the power of the nobles by forcing them to pay more taxes and also by forcing them to act as common soldiers, not as officers.
The members of the Germanic Pact send foodstuffs and supplies to the Sassanid Empire to help defend them against the territorial ambitions of the Anatolian states.
Shaung I of China initiated economic reforms. He encouraged trade with India and the Middle East, allowed private ownership of companies, emplaced early commerce regulations, and organized China's first simplified tax code. Shaung I also opened Chinese ports to European and Indian trade, and he encouraged the production and export of Chinese porcelain, silk, rice, tea, and furs.
The Germanic Pact members now begin to build a series of roads and bridges that are protected by stationed troops, this is so the merchants and traders can travel freely and safely between the countries and also as a way to station their troops against foreign and domestic raiders.
Give me time, and I will add maps soon..
- Areas of Alatschenland become Provinces.
- Great Britain and Japan prepare for an all-out assault on Hawaii.
- The British Territories in Alatschenland are completely altered into Provinces.
- Explorers discover gold in the Yukon. Various people scurry to take advantage of the find. Bohemia and Great Britain establish a number of way stations in land.
- Overpopulation problems in the British way stations to Muscovite Alatschenland lead to a greater number being built though the agreement about transfer of sovereignty is maintained.
- To foster unity in the Provinces of the Empire, the name is changed from the United Provinces of Great Britain to the United British Provinces.
- Immigration to the Territories of the Empire from many countries is encouraged.
- London prepares for the transfer of the capitol to New London. King Erik is making a speech declaring the union has never been stronger when he is assassinated by a Prussian expat. He dies and the throne is passed to his son Carl. King Carl is to be crowned in New London, the first monarch of the United British Provinces to be crowned outside of the British Isles.
- The Prussian assassin escapes the country and gets to Prussia. Prussia refuses to extradite him.
- A charter is granted to the Scots settling in North America to create New Scotland. Its capital New Edinburgh will be put into the cycle after Carolinatopia. The black border represents its border with Cascadia. The pink border is its charter claim area.
- Scandinavian engineers develop a new kind of lock for guns known as the bolt lock (very diff. from OTL bolt action). A steel bolt place on a spring is compressed until a lock catches, and is held. When the trigger is pulled, the bolt accelerates down a pyrite-incrusted iron tube at the rear of the barrel, creating a shower of sparks to ignite the primer. Other than that, it loads and fires the same. It has the advantage of almost eliminating misfires, as it is a closed system, and secret experiments by Scandinavian and UPB engineers show that the recoil, if directed properly, can re-lock the bolt against the catch. The British Group does not utilize this quite yet, and only rumours tell of the new action.
- The Scandinavian Skaggerak Squadron is complete, with 18 ships of the line, and 15 smaller ones. They also have 45 ships of the line and 56 frigates as their Baltic Fleet, and 20 of each as their Atlantic Squadron.
Please remember to change the capital every five years. Just change the black dot grey and the next one black. London is fairly obvious, New London is in Great Guyana, Carolinatopia is in Cascadia and New Edinburgh is in New Scotland. The order for the capitol change is London to New London to Carolinatopia to New Edinburgh back to London.
Shaung I of China reformed education and health care. 30 major schools were established across China, college education was encouraged, and educational grants provided. Shaung also opened more hospitals and encouraged study of medicine.
The Germanic Pact members begin building a series of universities for medicine, the arts, and politics, but they also create the Germanic War Academy, a university where conscripts go to train and officers learn battle tactics and strategies, there are also courses in engineering and siege, as well as naval tactics and boat building.
Shaung the Great, following the Germanic example, established the Chinese Academy of War and Strategy. This academy taught Chinese conscripts basic training, while officers learned battle tactics and strategies. Courses in engineering, naval tactics, and boat building were also provided.
Habsburg begins to build a series of border fortresses on their border with France, Hesse, and the Hanseatic Republic as a way to respond to and repel any possible invasions from neighboring countries.
Shaung the Great expanded the Chinese Empire to the borders of OTL China, Korea, Mongolia, and Vietnam. He began construction of the Great Chinese Fortress in the west plains, using Hapsburg and Hanseatic experts.
The British Group expands on the already prestigious university of Helsinki, Stockholm, Oxford, and Eton, establishing war colleges at all the major campuses. Britain adopts the Scandinavian system of training, and the entire British Group makes it standard. The bolt lock is revealed to the public, (only the first kind), while the military equips their guns with the updated version, which uses recoil to drive back and lock the bolt.
The Hanseatics complete their fortification of the Weser river, and construct several gunboats to ply the waters of the Helgoland Bight.
Brunswick and Hesse continue to fortify their borders, supported by the British Group.
Talks begin among the Anatolian Alliance (now members of the British Group) over integrating their navies, while their armies begin some cross-training.
Britain expands the colonies in Africa.
Denmark completes the construction of their Great Belt fortifications, and three purpose-built mine-laying vessels have been commissioned. Scandinavia produces several more.
Deseret expands westward, while several uncharted British settlements just south of New Scotland are added to the charter.
Many of the powerful Nez Perze tribe of the Pacific Northwest have been converted to Calvinism by the new Scottish immigrants, and, while loyal to the Crown, form the Orange Squadron, several thousand elite Nez Perce cavalrymen, as well as light infantry. They quickly defeat any nearby hostile tribes, speeding the expansion of New Scotland.
Scandinavia establishes it's first colony in Africa at the Gambia river estuary. They put in several forts and establish friendly relations with the locals. Another ship happens on St. Helena, and the Scandinavians send a couple hundred colonists to settle it. Two men-of-war and a frigate are built, and they together create the African Squadron, based at new Helsinki.
Livonia and Muscovy, both long allies of Scandinavia, begin talks over integration of them into the BG.
Muscovy expands further in the east, with most of their current border on the Ob.
In case of the fairly neutral relations with the Hussite League going sour, the British Group buys a strip of land in Livonia between the Dnepr (not the Dnestr) and the Zublya river. A canal is to be built on the location, with an estimated con. time of 13 years.
Will somebody please create a map reflecting the changes
I have made a map to reflect the border changes. It is called "America 1659". Please add this map.
Shaung I of China eliminated what was left of the power of the nobles by removing them from local and central government administration and by forcing them to become servants to the court, providing money and supplies. Shaung had created a completely new civil service, based on appointments made on merit. Poor and middle class people filled the ranks, and now administered the government and provinces.
Due to Scandinavia's long-standing regard for democracy and free speech (not to mention to a lesser extent the entire BG), they enable the Lord-General and Duke-General positions to be elected by all people, not just veterans. Taxes on income are abolished, and a flat tax rate is established (10% of the median income, updated every ten years). However, all citizens, including women, are required to serve either in the armed forces or in a civil service branch from 15-20 and 25-30. The Marines opens up it's combat ranks for women, and it's estimated that the ratio of men to women serving in it will flatten out at 3:1. Due to this large manpower increase in civil service, many are assigned to the expanding dry docks, shipyards and factories of the BG, further increasing their economic growth.
Construction begins on the Dnepr canal.
The Anatolian Alliance combines their navies completely, and begin integration of their armies. However, due to fierce nationalism, the countries will all remain independent of each other for the foreseeable future.
The Emperor of China, Shaung I, issued a Imperial Law of Succession, which described the rules of secession and allowed the ascension of women to the throne. Another law allowed women to divorce their husband and maintain custody of children.
Deseret adopts the Scandinavian training system, and begins a massive campaign constructing fortresses up and down their borders with the Bohemians. A large expedition funded by rich Church officials begins to move through northern Canada, setting up small trading posts left and right. A large colonization is expected to follow them up next year.
Shaung I of China began encouraging Chinese culture. He invited many European and Indian writers, philosophers and theologians, artists, etc. Shaung established the School of Art and the School of Literature. He established several libraries and museums.
By now, most of the BG have changed over to the bolt lock, with the exception of North Africa and most of the Anatolian Alliance. The rate of fire of the bolt guns is such that most BG armies can get off three volleys in the time any army of comparable training can get off two.
New Scotland expands considerably into OTL Canada.
Navarre 's industrial capacity is currently that of Hapsburg's. While they have no truly advanced indigenous technology, they can produce most stock items quickly, in large numbers, and with acceptable quality. Several companies, including North Navarre Industries, and Gascon Technologies, begin to supply much of Europe's equipment.
Shaung I of China expanded Chinese industry. Several hundred water-powered and steam-powered factories were established, as well water-powered farms and iron foundries. Military foundries and blacksmith shops were also built. Soon, China was Asia's second-largest economy, and the world's fastest growing economy.
Cascadia expands to cover all of the pink dots on the map (OTL southern Yukon).
Please create Africa and Asia maps to show the world in those places. I have made a map of the Americas for this edit, please add it. It is called "America 1664". Thank you.
Shaung I of China set out on a tour of India, the Middle East, and Europe. He brought along silk, porcelain, furs, tea, and several other rare Chinese commodities. He first visited India, meeting with Muhjad II of India (the son of Muhjad I, who had died in 1645).
James I of Bohemia comes to the throne. James is interested in re-gaining absolute power and shutting down the Bohemian Parliament. He still has the powers to appoint and dismiss government officials, to call and dissolve the Bohemian Parliament, to issue Royal proclamations and charters, to command the military, and to appoint judges to the Bohemian Supreme Court. James dissolves parliament and calls for new elections. He and his cronies bribe the voters to vote in ultra-Conservatives, who then immediately hand over to James supreme authority over the Bohemian budget and taxes. James I is also granted sole power to declare war, make peace, and sign treaties. He immediately begins building up the military.
Realizing that, since James came to power in Bohemia, him and Frederick VII of Prussia could start up a whole new world war, Spain and the BG sign a pact of non-aggression, and have two joint naval exercises together. France, being overshadowed by the Bohemians in the League, pulls out of the League and begins to prepare for war on all fronts. Fortresses are put up and down their borders with the Germanics, while, due to large concentrations of BG forces in Navarre, mobilize their forces near the border. Still, France does not wish war on anybody at all costs.
Bohemia begins to restrict access to all non-Hussite vessels on the Dnestr canal. Livonia, Muscovy, and Scandinavia pump more funding into the Dnepr canal, now with a timetable of eight years.
Britain constructs a series of border forts all throughout their colonies, primarily on their borders with the Bohemians.
Due to the patriotic fervor sweeping Britain, many militias form, with their main purpose to defend the colonies at all costs. However, they are not very aggressive, and not likely to cause any incidents.
Britain seeds many small colonies of Scandinavians and Scots throughout Canada, and a large colony of Danish-English settlers set up colonies in OTL Utah and Nevada.
James I of Bohemia tells everyone in Europe that Bohemia is peaceful. Within Bohemia, Parliament shuts itself down and give James absolute power over every aspect of the Bohemian state, thus making him a absolute monarch. They become his cronies and enforce his will. James issues laws that have Bohemian Calvinists tortured and killed. Jews are also tortured. Laws are passed legalizing rape of women.
Hearing of these atrocities, all countries but Lithuania and Hungary shut down trade with Bohemia.
With the overreaching by James I, many Bohemian nobles and important civilians approach Radek, James' brother with the idea of unseating him. With the Bohemian unity laws, the populace is loyal to the state, not the ruler, and with James' atrocities, most of the population would support a new King. Radek agrees to be the figurehead of the rebellion. When the rebels make themselves and their cause known, massive defections across the Bohemian military occur, causing Radek's army to quickly outnumber James'. Before the rebellion can come into full swing, James is murdered by a Calvinist manservant who had kept his faith secret, but had family tortured and killed by James. Radek takes the throne, but is forced to pass laws restricting the power of the Monarch. Monarchs can no longer dissolve parliament, and a 3/4 vote of parliament can force a monarch to abdicate.
All countries cautiously reopen trade with Bohemia, but, with the stability of Radek's government still very much in question, Frederick of Prussia begins to prepare an invasion force to take Silesia. Hapsburg begins to considerably expand their navy in support of this effort.
Railroads expand out of mines to the nearest Processing plant or port. The rails are still wooden, the cars are primitive, and are gravity and horse operated.
The Sassanid Empire overtakes the Bedouin Tribes and conquers the Arabian Peninsula. The empire finally allows Islam, after many years of banning, but by now Islam in the Sassanid Empire is non existent and weak.
A charming man named Richel Haduck becomes Leader of Parliament, Prime Minister, and Leader of the Government. He fills Parliament with puppets loyal to him only, and he is granted absolute authority over taxes, the budget, and the military. Eventually, Haduck gained the support of the military, and he overthrew Parliament and King Radek I in a coup. Haduck proclaimed himself Emperor Richard I of Bohemia. He quickly gained the support of the people. He imposed censorship of the press and launched propaganda criticizing Parliament. Richard I also signed a alliance with Prussia and pulled Bohemia out of the Hussite League.
The Kings of Habsburg and Wurzburg give the Prussian King an ultimatum, stay with the Germanic Pact and cut off relations with Bohemia, or stay with Bohemia and leave the Pact. After careful consideration for himself and his people, the Prussian King goes with the Germanics, seeing relations with multiple, more powerful, countries overwhelming to the option of a single, somewhat weak, country with no allies.
The BG puts forts up and down the border with the Sassanids, and Portugal moves several thousand troops into AA countries, as well as allied Damascus, to prevent any more Zoroastrian aggression.
Angered by Habsburg and Wurzburg actions, Richard I of Bohemia begins building up the military. He threatens the King of Prussia with invasion unless he signs another alliance with Bohemia. Richard I begins brutually beating and oppressing Bohemian Calvinists and Roman Catholics, calling them "heretics".
More forts are established along the Sassanid border, and the mainly Calvinist BG shuts down all trade with Bohemia. Spain begins to restrict Bohemian access to the Straits of Gibraltar and the Suez Canal.
The BG finally completes the Dnepr canal, giving them total economic independence from the Bohemians.
The Hussite League shuts down diplomatic relations with the Bohemians, due to the unstable situation of its government.
Richard I shuts Bohemia off from the rest of Europe. He proclaims neutrality and begins making Bohemia self-dependent. He has more factories built and more farms opened.
The BG puts up forts along the Sassanid border, and Portugal moves in several thousand troops into allied Damascus and the former AA countries.
The military of Bohemia, being loyal to the state rather than the ruler, overthrows Richard I for his harmful running of the country. Radek I is released from prison and returned to the throne but more reforms are made. Laws are enacted that establish clear separation of powers in order to avoid anyone achieving absolute power. The empire is separated into governorships, with the governors elected by a council of six nobles, six merchants and six common representatives local to each governorship. The governors are accountable both to Parliament, and to the councils from which they are elected.
With the instability in Europe, the Bohemian colonies send a representative to Bohemian parliament to discuss a greater degree of autonomy for the colonies to reduce the effect of European instability on the colonies.
New Scotland completes the settlement of its charter colonies.
The Hanseatics begin constructing a series of border forts along its colonies' Bohemian borders.
The Dnepr Canal is finally completed, and fortification begins. As a result, Livonia is accepted into the BG.
With full support from the other members of the Germanic Pact, the king of Habsburg initiates the Bohemian Declaration, the document states that any country that has formal relations with Bohemia can't have relations with any Germanic Pact member and that any more military buildup by Bohemia will lead to a full on war. With this declaration, along with recent events, many of the countries in Europe, mainly the members of the British Group, agree with the Germanics and acknowledge the power the Germanics have in this matter.
- A charismatic commoner within the Bohemian parliament manages to get a bill passed guaranteeing certain rights to the populace. Among these are freedom of religion, freedom of assembly, and freedom of the press. A reduction in the nobility's rights over the peasants is also included, allowing a greater degree of social mobility.
- The colonial representatives to parliament are successful in negotiating a greater degree of autonomy in the colonies. Parliament passes the Colonial Rights Act establishing the Colonial Dominions of Kanada, New Bohemia, Aljaška, and Jihoafrická. Colonial Dominions have less autonomy than a Dominion, governors are appointed by the crown, and act on the crown's behest, and the laws of Bohemia must still be followed. However they may elect a Colonial Council, which may legislate laws for the colonies as long as they don't infringe on the laws of Bohemia as a whole. The Colonial council is also responsible for the administration of the dominion jointly with the Governor.
- With the government situation stabilized and Radek secure on the throne, the Hussite League allows Bohemia re-entry. France also decides, that due to Habsburg's continuous belligerence, betrayal, and land grabs, and the Bohemian's long reputation for honour and friendship with the French, that they would prefer to maintain relations with the Bohemians. With New West Venice, The Caribbean Commonwealth, Colombia, Panama, Mayan Republic, and the Kingdom of Pomona being members of the Hussite League, the majority of the Americas are cut off from the Germanic Group because of the Bohemian Declaration.
- With the majority of their trade cut off by the Bohemian Declaration, the Incan Empire leaves the Germanic Group in order to maintain relations with the rest of the Americas.
- With the majority of their income from trade, and a long history of friendship with Bohemia, the Hanseatic League secretly maintains relations in order to continue a trading relationship with most of the Americas.
- The members of the British Group meet to decide on the policy in the wake of the events in the Americas.
- Kanada, California, Deseret, and New West Venice expand.
- The BG convenes, and, always ardent supporters of free trade and liberalism, fully re-establishes contact, under the condition that they can use the Dnestr canal free of charge. The Bohemians agree. The BG also partially mobilize their militaries to prevent the Germanics from attacking.
- King Erik, as well was the other BG leaders, promise that they will never in the foreseeable future initiate a war on another foreign power.
- Due to support from the commoners, the Lord-Generals of both Scandinavia and UBP repeal any and all power that the nobility (other than the royal family) have over commoners.
- Due to their large navies and advanced technologies, the BG controls most Atlantic and Pacific trade, and almost has a monopoly on trade in the Baltic
- After witnessing the trouble caused by the Bohemian Declaration, the King of Habsburg denounces the document and orders all copies burnt and now makes Bohemian relations a priority in Cologne.
- As it becomes more clear that a war is coming in Europe, Muscovites and a lot of Bohemians go to Alatschenland.
- The Anglo-Japanese Assault of Hawaii succeeds and Hawaii is brought once more into the fold of the Japanese Empire.
- King Carl dies and his son King Alfred III becomes King of the United British Provinces. He commissions a new charter colony south of New Scotland called Nova Hibernia. Its capital is called Alfredsburg after the King and because of the large Scandinavian population. Alfredsburg is added into the capitol cycle which has been cited as a reason for the Empires unity and prosperity. Traders are attracted to the capitol bringing wealth and people to these areas and renewing the economy at each cycle.
- Cascadia takes control of settlements to the south of it.
- Damascus is welcomed into the BG with open arms, while Muscovy, longtime allies of Scandinavia, applies for membership.
- Because of it's rapid population increases in the past 30 years, Scandinavia sets up a colony in the middle of OTL Canada, using the allied New Scottish province as a springboard. The UBP agrees to it's territorial claims, as does Deseret and New West Venice. The Bohemians are forced to agree, as they rely on revenue from BG shipping through the Dnestr canal to support their substantial military, and the Scandinavians threaten to boycott the canal entirely if their demands aren't met. Two main but yet unnamed settlements spring up. The territory is named New Sundsvall, in honor of the capital of Scandinavia.
- As overall relations with the Hanseatics sour, the Germanics talk the BG into a ten year peace agreement, one part of the treaty states that an emissary from Cologne is to represent his country's interest in British Parliament.
- Due to increasing political and religious unrest in Deseret, many of the Asatru and Christian minority there begin to move away, with the Asatru going to Iceland, the Calvinists going to New Sundsvall, the Hussites going to Kanada or NWV, and the Catholics mainly heading to France or Spain.
- Wanting to increase their holdings in South America, France invades the Inca Empire.
- Both France and the Incas are part of the HL, this makes no sense.
- Habsburg, hoping to get in on the ever expanding Baltic trade, purchase Bornholm from Midgard, giving them access to a few trading ports in the southern Baltic.
- Settlements are expanded in Nova Hibernia.
- New Sundavall's settlements expand and Britain agree to allow Scandinavians access to the sea through them.
- People of British descent in the south of Aljaska rebel, wanting to join their cousins. Bohemia prepares to crush the rebellion.
- Hungary invades northern Albania and Greece.
- Hungary invades Sicily, forming a colony on the Italian boot.
- Hungary sets up the colony of North Algeria on the Mediterranean coast of Algeria.
- Spain and Portugal set up large colonies on the Atlantic Coast of North Africa.
- Spain and Italy form an alliance against France, and start a joint invasion of France.
- Denmark invades southern Mittgard.
- Lithuania buys a large amount of land from Ukraine, giving it an outlet on the Black Sea.
- The Muscovian Empire invades Northern Ukraine.