Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Timeline for the years 1000 through 1050 for the Harald's England timeline. (Note: Events unchanged from the OTL or that are not particularly noteworthy will not be added)
- 1016: A joint venture between Genoa and Pisa, backed by the Pope, conqueres Sardinia from the Saracens.
- 1017: Genoa and Pisa agree to a treaty vassalizing Sardinia's polities to both of them, and agree to jointly conbat Saracen piracy.
- 1029: Genoa and Pisa launch an expedition to Sicily that sacks several rival towns.
- 1034: Genoa and Pisa jointly conquer Carthage from the Zirids. They manage to retain the city, but pay a sizeable annual tribute.
- 1035: Bone, an important port for muslim pirates in Algeria, is destroyed by a Genoan attack.
- 1052: Pisan Admiral Jacopo Ciurini conquers Corsica from the Saracens.
- 1054: Garcia Sanchez III defeats a revolt of his vassals, stabilizing the Kingdom of Navarre.
- 1061: The alliance between Genoa and Pisa is renegotiated, jointly vassalizing Carthage, Sardinia and Corsica. Tributory states are now required to provide levies when requested to Genoan or Pisan ventures.
- 1063: Pisan envoys approach Roger I of Sicily, proposing an alliance to take the city of Palmero. He declines. Genoan and Pisan forces take the city with heavy losses.
- 1066: The War of English Succession occurs, placing Harald Hardruler on the English throne.
- 1073: The city of Amalfi is conquered by the Normans.
- 1075: Hoel II of Brittany in conjunction with France invades Normandy, but is defeated by Robert Curthorse.
- 1077: A jointly written nautical code from Pisa and Genoa is recognized by the Pope as the Law of the Sea.
- 1081: Sancho IV of Navarre retakes Tudela from the Taifa of Zaragoza.
- 1082: Philip I annexes Vexin into his demense, provoking the resentment of his vassals.
- 1083: Harald Hardruler dies and Olaf III ascends to the thrones of England and Norway.
- 1085: The League of the Tyrrhenean is formed for the Zirid Crusade.
- 1088: The Zirid Crusade draws to a close following decisive League victory.
- 1089: Gisulf III of Salerno, with backing from the Pope, attempts to seize the city of Amalfi unsuccessfully.
- 1090: The League launches the War for Amalfi against the Normans.
- 1091: Olaf III of Norway creates the title Jarl of England to attempt to please rebellious Anglo-Saxon lords.
- 1093: The Duchy of Apulia collapses into civil war and the War for Amalfi draws to a close.
- 1095: Philip I is forced by his vassals to accept the Declaration of Lyons, limiting the power of the French King,
- 1096: The First Crusade is launched.